PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Perhaps Plasma or the frozen city if it's Icirus, is blocking the way to Opelucid forcing us to go though the southern route, passing by White/Black city, Undella against Shizui if his town is near there, and arriving by the Chasm to find Kyurem than making our way to Opelucid for the 8th badge.

Mista T
June 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
This is really unlikely and rooted more upon the facts presented by the Anime than the games, but hey, tis merely speculation: The Best Wishes incarnation of Iris hates cold, ice, and Ice-type Pokemon. So maybe our in-game Iris has a similar phobia/hatred and bailed out of the freezing region thusly (maybe to go to the warm and tropical Hoenn? Can I hear a "Gen III remakes" up in here?)

I say this not believing a word of it myself, but it's all for fun and fun for all.

Hikamaru
June 16th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I think Bulbapedia has revealed the order of the Gyms:

Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skyla
Shizui
Drayden

This is the order I think.

Haseyo
June 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hm, just Drayden? Wonder what happens to Iris. I was hoping for a Dark type Gym Leader this time, kind of tired of it being an Elite Four only type.

Hikamaru
June 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM
So far, the only one whose full team has been confirmed is Elesa. She has Zebstrika, Flaaffy and Emolga.

Cheren has Patrat one other Pokemon, Homika has Koffing and one other Pokemon.

Now that we know the likely order, let's move the speculation to the teams.

Haseyo
June 16th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Now that all Pokemon can be accessed before the Elite Four, the possibilities are endless. I wouldn't even know where to begin...

I have a feeling they'll give Clay a Sandslash, a Claydol, or maybe a Gligar? I doubt they'll give him a Gliscor because a Gliscor and an Exadrill would be OP for a first time Gym, but I do think they'll try to give many Gyms some more coverage with dual-types. Now a re-battle may be a totally different story.

June 16th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I can see Clay having Steelix (it's also part ground for those who forget), Exadrill, and Claydoll.
Skyla- Unfezant, Skarmory, Pelliper (due to delivery)

Haseyo
June 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM
They should give Drayden 3 Dragonites and he'll say "I got a couple tips from a caped man in Kanto..."

June 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM
They should give Drayden 3 Dragonites and he'll say "I got a couple tips from a caped man in Kanto..."
Oh and they all have cheat moves they usually don't learn, lol.
Drayden will proably have Haxorus, Dragonite and Salamence (if this one is added in).

Haseyo
June 16th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Oh they'll have legit moves, they'll just be, you know, 14 levels lower than they would normally evolve.

Does this speculation include their teams in the special tournament? I'm sure they'll be OP, lol.

Manila Luzon
June 16th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Homika has Koffing and one other Pokemon.

Wait, she only has 2 Pokemon? ): I wanted her to have the team they gave her in the anime which were Koffing, Scolipede and Garbodor. I guess they could give her a Whirlipede?

Xander Olivieri
June 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Wait, she only has 2 Pokemon? ): I wanted her to have the team they gave her in the anime which were Koffing, Scolipede and Garbodor. I guess they could give her a Whirlipede?

Yep she has 2 Pokemon and is the Second Gym so that puts her level range between 15 to 20 on the smaller scale. 22 would be the highest she could have I think.

And we don't know if she'll have Venipede or Trubbish. Seeing as Garbador was her Big Baddy, she could have a Trubbish and Koffing.

June 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Though her gym and her bass have koffin and Venipede line designs so perhaps it's those too...but than her badge...

ANinyMouse
June 16th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ah heck, here are some guesses. One thing I noticed was that Elesa's levels are higher by 3, and the first gym is lower by 1. So, haha, seems like it's all up in the air.

Cheren: Patrat, Lilipup (sadly)
Homika: Koffing, Trubbish
Burgh: Dwebble, Vespiquen, Leavanny
Elesa: Emolga, Flaafy, Zebstrika
Clay: Krokorok, Piloswine, Excadrill
Skyla: Altaria, Drifblim, Swanna
Shizui: Ludicolo, Lapras, Carracosta
Drayden: Druddigon, Zweilous, Haxorus (I'm gonna assume you fight him at a fairly higher level than before)

June 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
If Cheren has Lilipup his team is pratically a watered down version of Lenora's...give him a Skitty or Bunnery at least to make him different GF.

ANinyMouse
June 16th, 2012, 10:15 PM
He did have Stoutland in the trailer, though...

Manila Luzon
June 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM
He did have Stoutland in the trailer, though...

That Stoutland could be from his rematch team if they're in the game. Although it maybe just them wanting to showcase Cheren, and it would look stupid giving him a Lillipup in the trailer.

I hope Cheren doesn't have Patrat & Lillipup. First because like MRAS said, his team would just be a watered down version of Lenora's. Hopefully they could stretch Lillipup's level to 16, meaning it would be a Herdier. But I doubt it.

I wonder what position Elesa is now in. Since her Flaaffy is Level 28, her Zebstrika is probably either 29 or 30, the latter being the safest bet. Since the list that Bulbapedia released wasn't actually the right order. Except Cheren and Homika.

Blue
June 17th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Our friends at AAPF have obtained a picture of the front page of the guide book for Black 2 & White 2 which shows the different gym leaders wtihin the game. It shows there are no further new Gym Leaders and showcases Homika, Shizui, Cheren, Elesa and Skyla with other returning Leaders of Clay, Drayden and Burgh. It is currently unknown if any other Gym Leaders will appear.

So unless the others will appear in the World Tournament that's about it on the Gym Leader front.

I'd assume it would go something like:

Cheren
Homika
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Shizui
Skyla
Drayden

Haseyo
June 17th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Maybe it'll just be nice gaps between leaders, like Platinum Version. I was in my 60s (with a team of 6) without even level grinding before I hit the Elite Four.

I hope they have more than just 3 Pokemon each this time. It would be neat if they do what they do in the anime: You can only use as many Pokemon as the Gym leader has, so we'll have to choose about 3 each time. Make things more interesting.

June 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Sadly my expectations for them to have more than three aren't all that high...if Shizui is seventh especially as he has three...

Haseyo
June 17th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Some gyms still have more or less later. Morty had 4, while Jasmine had 3 in Gen II. Never know.

June 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Maybe, but than again all of Unova minus the first two (who had two) had three Pokemon much like the numbers of the teams we know...

Manila Luzon
June 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I've just realized that they all only had 3 Pokemon, omg. I hope they do have more. It would be a bit more challenging. One thing that I didn't find really challenging in BW were the gyms.

June 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
^Yeah they were too easy...if they do end up with only 3 again let them at least be tough to beat Pokemon.

Jellicent♀
June 17th, 2012, 06:55 PM
I like the whole three Pokemon thing, but, I wish they were more challenging to deal with. Like, I think they would have been MUCH more challenging if their Pokemon had better abilities, attacks, and really, better Pokemon. Maybe even limiting each match to 3v3!

Symbonite
June 17th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure if I like the 3 Pokemon thing or not. I do wish that we could have gotten more of a challenge with a 6v6 match. I do like the idea of limiting it to a 3v3 though. :3

Oryx
June 17th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't like that kind of thing because I train before I challenge the gym. If I train up 4 Pokemon for a gym and then it's a 3v3, it just feels like...a waste. :(

Haseyo
June 17th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Not necessarily. If you lose with one combination, then you can try with the 4th you have.

Gyms are a joke now because we can just squad up with 6 when they only have like 2. That's why I respect Giovanni and Blue because they had some high numbers with them.

I can easily stall out leaders until they run out of PP with their threatening moves. I mean, if Ash can do it in the anime...I think we can, lol.

Manila Luzon
June 17th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Not necessarily. If you lose with one combination, then you can try with the 4th you have.

Gyms are a joke now because we can just squad up with 6 when they only have like 2. That's why I respect Giovanni and Blue because they had some high numbers with them.

I can easily stall out leaders until they run out of PP with their threatening moves. I mean, if Ash can do it in the anime...I think we can, lol.

Gyms have always been like that. They're not going to give the first gym leader 6 Pokemon. It would be certainly too overpowered. And if you have 6 Pokemon by like the first gym then odds are at least 3 of those will be like level 5

Haseyo
June 17th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I totally understand at the first gym, but at least by the 6th...have about four-five, 7th about five, and 8 should always have six.

Or, like someone said, give them all fully evolved ones. Two non-evolved Pokemon then one fully just doesn't cut it. They did a good job with Skyla.

June 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I don't see why they didn't do the amount of Pokemon like they did with Hoenn with 2, 2, 3,3, 3, 5,4, 5... the other regions also have similar numbers...I guess the Unova gym leaders don't spend much time capturing pokemon :P

Bluerang1
June 18th, 2012, 05:00 AM
I find it funny how some have just realised that all the Unova Gym Leaders only had 3 Pokemon. It just takes Drayden/Iris, the last Leaders for one to realise this, they only had 3 as well.

I don't mind 3, it's like the Anime.

June 18th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I realized that a little after the E4 myself xD
Perhaps that's the reason they cut it down to three...
This is my prediction of Burgh's team- Scollipede (if he has one than Homika is likely to have a Trubish rather than a Venipede), Leavanny, Scisor, and Vespiquen.

Haseyo
June 18th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I don't mind 3, it's like the Anime.

I don't mind it either, but if it's going to be like the anime, have rules like the anime, and limit us to only using 3 Pokes as well.

June 18th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I don't mind it either, but if it's going to be like the anime, have rules like the anime, and limit us to only using 3 Pokes as well.
I agree, they should have you pick three of your pokemon like they do with the BF before you go in, only in this case it doesn't matter what level the Pokemon is in.

Jellicent♀
June 18th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I agree, they should have you pick three of your pokemon like they do with the BF before you go in, only in this case it doesn't matter what level the Pokemon is in.

That's what I was thinking. it'd be pretty dang cool, I think. If they did this, however, hopefully they wouldn't make it too gimmicky. Like, no "status ailments before battle" kind of crap. Just straight up battling.

June 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
They'll proably just have you deposit 3 of them into the Pc and than have you proceed rather than having to save the game like with the battle frontier.

Bluerang1
June 19th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I was thinking of doing that personally but yes, limiting players to only 3 Pokemon for Gyms would be good and more challenging.

June 19th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I don't think they'll implement the limit this time around.
Also what could Shizui's Pokemon be other than possibly Palpitoad, Politoad, and Ludicolo.

Eneko
June 19th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I read some comments about setting the gym battles to 3 vs. 3? Although it probably won't happen in Black/White 2, I really like the idea. I think it would be cool if we got to see the Gym Leader's 6 Pokemon, but they randomly choose 3 every time! It'd be way less repetative. I'm getting tired of the 'lose, then know what to expect' pattern while facing gyms.

June 19th, 2012, 05:26 PM
^ The random team thing seems interesting and would present many different possible approaches to the match from not knowing what's coming.

ANinyMouse
June 19th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Yeah, more like the old Pokemon Staduim, you know?

To amp up the challenge, you can always go to options and change it from "switch" to "set," though! That always makes the intensity go up a notch.

June 19th, 2012, 06:00 PM
That would be nice.
I don't beleive they've shown the design of Cheren's gym, how do you think it might look? My guess is there'll be book based similar to Lenora's.
Since Skyla, and Elesa got redesigns the rest proably changed too. I would like to see what Drayden comes up with, Opelucid's was my favorite in BW so I hope they top it.

Jellicent♀
June 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
So Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, and Homika has Koffing and Whirlipede. So hopefully they'll have rematches as an option, because itd be tight to battle those teams again. Kind of odd for her to have Whilripede, though imo. Like, I know she has Scolipede in the anime, but Whirlipede just doesn't look right next to her.

wombateiro
June 19th, 2012, 09:20 PM
I don't beleive they've shown the design of Cheren's gym, how do you think it might look? My guess is there'll be book based similar to Lenora's.

Wasn't that already shown that he has no gym and we battle him outside?

Aquarius1997
June 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Wasn't that already shown that he has no gym and we battle him outside?

They wouldnt do that in a game, too unconventional

I hope/prayed that the leaders have more than 3 pokemon even the fricken elite 4 had 4 pokemon

4 POKEMON!!!!!!

Blew my mind when i found that out

Forever
June 19th, 2012, 11:42 PM
So Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, and Homika has Koffing and Whirlipede. So hopefully they'll have rematches as an option, because itd be tight to battle those teams again. Kind of odd for her to have Whilripede, though imo. Like, I know she has Scolipede in the anime, but Whirlipede just doesn't look right next to her.

Ummm... so Cheren's team is quite obvious then, lol :( Whirlipede I have no issues with, because I expected it'd [i]probably[/s] be from the Venepede line.

Hikamaru
June 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Wow, loving Homika's team. I guess Whirlipede is included cos of Homika's guitar design but I was not expecting it.

I guess this means Burgh might have a different team.

Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, a bit disappointing since they are the pre-evos of Lenora's Pokemon in B/W. I can't believe his Gym is in the starting town, that's a first for the series.

Let's see what the full lineups are come Saturday!

Manila Luzon
June 19th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Wow, loving Homika's team. I guess Whirlipede is included cos of Homika's guitar design but I was not expecting it.

I guess this means Burgh might have a different team.

Cheren has Patrat and Lillipup, a bit disappointing since they are the pre-evos of Lenora's Pokemon in B/W. I can't believe his Gym is in the starting town, that's a first for the series.

Let's see what the full lineups are come Saturday!

The Rom has already leaked, so it'll be closer than that.

ANNOYED @ CHEREN'S TEAM. It's just a Lenora downgrade. Why couldn't they have given him a Minccino? Or Buneary? Not surprised at Homika's team. Since I said Whirlipede. >D

Jellicent♀
June 20th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Ummm... so Cheren's team is quite obvious then, lol :( Whirlipede I have no issues with, because I expected it'd [i]probably[/s] be from the Venepede line.

They should have completely curve-balled it with a Skitty. xD
But yeah, I knew she'd have the -pede line, it just feels awkward for her to me. :c
I do think that Trubbish would have been a lot more fitting, but by this point they almost need an evolved Pokemon to make it a little more decent as a battle.

I'm still excited to find out more about my main man Shizui. I do hope he has the Lotad line included into his team. Golduck would be neat, too.

Manila Luzon
June 20th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Pointing out that Homika's team are 16-18 when Lenora's team was 18-20. Looks like we're going to get even weaker Pokemon this time around. ): I hope Burgh has upgraded his levels to like 25-27. Although since Elesa has a level 28 Flaaffy which isn't her final Pokemon it's safe to assume that we may get a level jump.

Aquarius1997
June 20th, 2012, 04:41 AM
^ OMFG she has lower leveled pokemon

That probably confirms that the gym leaders in the future have more pokemon

Well its confirmed that

Cheren has
- Patrat
-Lillipup

Given TM- Work Out

Homika has

-Koffing
-Whirlipede

Given TM- Venoshock

What do you think the others have???

June 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I see Burgh getting: Heracross, Leavanny,and Scisor.

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I see Burgh getting: Heracross, Leavanny,and Scisor.

I wouldn't say he would have Scizor, if anything Scyther for difficulty reasons.
Okay, he could have Scizor, but imo there is a low chance of it.
Also, having Scyther adds difficulty for Tepig-Pignite-Emboar users because of Scyther's flying type, especially if Scyther has a flying move on it.

Bluerang1
June 20th, 2012, 06:32 AM
So this is the new Unova Gym map! Makes speculating where Shizui's Gym is easier.
http://pokebeach.com/news/0612/dengeki-extra-3.jpg

Now, he could be last, at Undella seeing as there's a Route to the Pokemon League from there. No area looks frozen. What is that dashed line running from Southeast Castelia to Driftveil?

June 20th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I think his town is the one north of Undella but regardless he does seem like he could be the last gym leader as that town still leads to the E4.

I guess Scyther would be better, it could have the evolite to increase it's defenses.

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Wheeeee~ The Gyms came out how I predicted so far~ Still gunna shoot for Shizui in Undella so that last place could be the frozen City or some place to rest before going to the E4.

Jellicent♀
June 20th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Wheeeee~ The Gyms came out how I predicted so far~ Still gunna shoot for Shizui in Undella so that last place could be the frozen City or some place to rest before going to the E4.

Well ain't you just psychic

Shizui better be in Undella! Really, to me, it's the only place that makes sense. Where else would you just fit a Water-type gym? I also hope they release his team really soon.

Mew~
June 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tMn2m.png
Looking at this, it looks like Shizui is going to be last, well that last badge looks like a drop of water, like the cascade badge.

His gym from the outside looked very much like Undella town from the scans, but there is that extra city between it and the League which could be that Pacifidlog looking town we saw in scans, I'm pretty sure Shizui was in that scan also (I have a bad memory, so I should check that). I'm not a fan of the last gym being water again though. D:

Also, looking at a few older scans, I have a feeling there might be some side quest involved before fighting him.
http://i.imgur.com/FYT7L.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/F4RmY.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Zeq8c.png
See how the Protagonist and Rival are both by him, I have a feeling they both want to battle him but he has a side quest to do before, the cave thingee by the boat probably takes you to the place in the second scan, then after all that you can battle him? Just a bit of spec? /I wrote this really fast cause I'm in a hurry, so sorry about mistakes.

June 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
^ Yeah he was there, if you look at the map the route goes into the sea from Undella which is maybe where that town is. The other town doesn't seem to be inside the sea unlike the one in the scan.
Though we should look for that cave, that's proably a clue...

I wonder what levels Shizui's team will have...

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
^ Yeah he was there, if you look at the map the route goes into the sea from Undella which is maybe where that town is. The other town doesn't seem to be inside the sea unlike the one in the scan.
Though we should look for that cave, that's proably a clue...

I wonder what levels Shizui's team will have...

High 40's if we are lucky, near mid 50's if we get a miracle.

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Yep, here's the post from Serebii:

Edit @ 16:42: Badge order has been confirmed thanks to an image on the Global Link. The order goes; Basic Badge (Cheren), Toxic Badge (Homika), Insect Badge (Burgh), Bolt Badge (Elesa), Quake Badge (Clay), Jet Badge(Skyla), Legend Badge (Drayden), Unknown Badge (Shizui).

I had a strange feeling Burgh was going to be the 3rd gym leader from the very beginning.

June 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
I wonder what Shizui's badge name would be...it can't be rain as Hoenn had the Rain badge already, so maybe it'll be Drop badge?

Since he's last it's now highly possible he'll have a Ludicolo if he does have a member of the lotad line.

TheChaosBlue
June 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Yep, here's the post from Serebii:

Edit @ 16:42: Badge order has been confirmed thanks to an image on the Global Link. The order goes; Basic Badge (Cheren), Toxic Badge (Homika), Insect Badge (Burgh), Bolt Badge (Elesa), Quake Badge (Clay), Jet Badge(Skyla), Legend Badge (Drayden), Unknown Badge (Shizui).

I had a strange feeling Burgh was going to be the 3rd gym leader from the very beginning.

Love this line up, a nice shake up that Drayden isn't the eight Gym Leader. Then again, seeing that there's at lest three other cities/towns after Opelucid I wonder if Undella will hold the last Gym, or that new locale in the upper right.

And I like the Drop Badge as the Water Gym....seems likeable enough. Or the Droplet Badge.....

Bluerang1
June 20th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I've mentioned this already, maybe in my Blog, but I pretty sure that e take the underwater tunnel to Shizui's location.

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Ok...mind is blown.

Cheren's Gym is in Aspertia City. The City you start in. Apparently the "Trainer School" is his Gym which is really cool. Lenora's Gym was a Library/Museum which showed what she focused on. Cheren from Black and White has always shown that he was book smart and well learned. So to top off him being a Gym Leader he's also a Teacher.

gamerdna223
June 20th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I'm going to speculate. If you saw the B2W2 In-Game Map, you would see that the Pokemon League is reached via a route north of Undella Town. Perhaps that means Shizui's gym is in Undella Town, considering he's the last gym leader. And I guess that the older scans (referring to Mew~'s post) might mean that they leveled the cliff between Undella Town and Undella Bay? I think I'll wait 2 days and find out if I was right.

Jellicent♀
June 20th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Ok...mind is blown.

Cheren's Gym is in Aspertia City. The City you start in. Apparently the "Trainer School" is his Gym which is really cool. Lenora's Gym was a Library/Museum which showed what she focused on. Cheren from Black and White has always shown that he was book smart and well learned. So to top off him being a Gym Leader he's also a Teacher.

I'm excited that my main man Shizui is the eight Gym Leader. <3

And i think it's cool as heck that Cheren is in the first city. Omg like, that's amazing. The trainer school is the perfect place for him.

June 20th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I can't say I'm surprised I actually thought his gym was in the first town when the trainer school and him being a gym leader were announced... it just fit him. It makes the starter town er City even cooler being a city and having a gym ^_^.

wombateiro
June 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Maybe after getting all badges, Shizui is guiding player and rival from Undella to that new northern town, probably with that cave from screen, saying that this is the way to League.

Btw, first Gym Leader is a teacher working at school, sixth is Flying and last one is Water type. I won't tell what games this is similar to because you probably already guessed it.

Boarbeque
June 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I just hope that some of the gym leaders have more than 3 pokemon this time around. Facing the 4th-8th gym leaders when they only had 3 pokemon was WAY too easy.

Hikamaru
June 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Wow, this is the first time the Dragon Gym Leader won't be the last Gym.

I was predicting Shizui to be 7th, which was close. Now, what will his badge be called?

I'm liking the order:

1. Aspertia Gym - Cheren - Basic Badge - Normal
2. Virbank Gym - Homika - Toxic Badge - Poison
3. Castelia Gym - Burgh - Insect Badge - Bug
4. Nimbasa Gym - Elesa - Bolt Badge - Electric
5. Driftveil Gym - Clay - Quake Badge - Ground
6. Mistralton Gym - Skyla - Jet Badge - Flying
7. Opelucid Gym - Drayden - Legend Badge - Dragon
8. ???? Gym - Shizui - ???? Badge - Water

Yeah, how do you feel about this being the first time where the Dragon Gym Leader is not the last Gym Leader?

Aquarius1997
June 20th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Im still surprised O__o

It doest look right that drayden is before shizui, butttt

IM HAPPY ^__^

anyways i was thinking that since in b/w the main protagonist, cheren, and bianca were close friends it wouldnt be right that Hilda or Hilbert werent there

Sooo
I THOUGHT THIS FIRST!!!!!!
I have speculation that the older Hilbert or Hilda is the champion replacing Alder

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Im still surprised O__o

It doest look right that drayden is before shizui, butttt

IM HAPPY ^__^

anyways i was thinking that since in b/w the main protagonist, cheren, and bianca were close friends it wouldnt be right that Hilda or Hilbert werent there

Sooo
I THOUGHT THIS FIRST!!!!!!
I have speculation that the older Hilbert or Hilda is the champion replacing Alder

According to Bulbapedia's Translation, Alder is still champion. And seeing as we have two Gendered PCs for B/W they can't really include Hilbert/Hilda without someone trying to sue them.

That's why when Steven met the PC in HG/SS he said they reminded him of a nother pair of trainers that looked the same referring to May and Brandon.

June 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Since Shizui is last and was shown to have three Pokemon all hopes of there being more than three this time around have dropped to null.

It sucks that Alder's the champ Imo...

Kanto_Johto
June 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I can't even begin to describe how unbelievably easy the first two gym leaders sound. Cheren's team can easily be beaten down by just your starter as long as it's at around the same level as his Pokemon. Speaking of levels, both Cheren and Homika have weaker teams than the Striaton trio and Lenora, respectively, so they're slightly weaker even in that aspect.

Also, I think it would have made more sense to have Shizui replace Brycen as the 7th leader and have Drayden maintain his position as the 8th leader. Could Drayden as the 7th leader mean a downgraded/watered down version of his team from B/W, a la Cheren with Lenora?

Massively disappointed. I'm hoping that the other gym leaders make things more interesting. I'd like to see more interesting Pokemon on the leader's teams. Maybe Burgh could have an Accelgor, or Shizui a Carracosta?

PlatinumDude
June 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I expected Drayden to be the last Gym Leader like in the original Black; why GameFreak put Shizui in as the last Gym Leader is beyond me.

And as for the gym lineups, I can't help but wonder why Homika has an underlevelled Whirlipede (I'm guessing for difficulty reasons?).

June 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hmm considering Cheren gym is in the home town (kind of explains the low levels as the Pc proably hasn't traveled far) means the player will have to do some training on the route outside of town... it'll be something different for sure...

Jellicent♀
June 20th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I'm starting to think that Cheren has a playground for his school, and that's where you battle him and any trainers he may have under him. It'd be so adorable if they were preschoolers!

June 20th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Well that would explain why they would have a battle outside, perhaps it can be a mix of pre schoolers and normal school boys and possibly teacher class trainers here and there.
Shizui will likely have swimmers. Elesa will have the return of the beauties. Drayden-Ace and dragon tamers. Burgh- clowns again. Clay- construction workers.

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Found this picture for the badge case:

http://xn--rckq7ctd0at0h6c.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/20120621-124236.jpg

Does not look like anyone else got visual changes according to that since everyone else seems to have the same pixel art.

Also Burgh's team is: Level 22 Swadloon, Level 22 Dwebble, Level 24 Leavanny

Manila Luzon
June 20th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Burgh's team is awful. His original team was better. At least he had more diversity with Whirlipede.

Xander Olivieri
June 20th, 2012, 09:54 PM
His team is +1 level higher than in B/W though XD

Also Homika has Whirlipede so blame her for him losing it. XD

Jellicent♀
June 20th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Burgh is just horrible period. :c
But I like his team better this time.

HOMIKA YOU THIEF. But I can't wait for Shizui's reveal! <3333333333333

TheChaosBlue
June 20th, 2012, 09:57 PM
So Burgh's team... Eh, not too fussed, still would of like to see a non-Unova Bug-type in his team though. I love Elesa's eye-catch. Those shades are awesome.

And yup, Drayden looks like he's been demoted. I just hope his team's levels aren't that low, judging by the first two gym leaders and their Pokemon though I'm feeling that. I'll be fine to keep them 38-41 or maybe a tad higher to emphasize the time-skip.

Hikamaru
June 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Pretty disappointed with Burgh's team.

It's the same as in B/W but they replaced his Whirlipede with a Swadloon, probably because Homika has Whirlipede.

Shizui being the final Gym surprised me though, and I want to point this out - this is the first time a Dragon Gym Leader isn't the last Gym. What do you think of this change?

Cheren's team is basically a scaled-down version of Lenora's, which was a bit disappointing.

Manila Luzon
June 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Pretty disappointed with Burgh's team.

It's the same as in B/W but they replaced his Whirlipede with a Swadloon, probably because Homika has Whirlipede.

Shizui being the final Gym surprised me though, and I want to point this out - this is the first time a Dragon Gym Leader isn't the last Gym. What do you think of this change?

Cheren's team is basically a scaled-down version of Lenora's, which was a bit disappointing.

It's not the first time. RBY, Emerald and DPPt didn't have dragon types. Giovanni had Ground, Juan had Water and Voltner had Electric. In fact Dragon was only used in the final gym in Johto.

Also Elesa's team is Emolga & Flaaffy at Level 28 and Zebstrika at Level 30

I WAS RIGHT

June 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Burgh is actually easier to take down with a Tepigs line than he was in BW...I guess I won't have much of a challenge when facing against him. They really should've gone with giving him a non Unova Pokemon. The fact that two (Cheren and Burgh) lack non Unova Pokemon while two do (Homika and Elesa (so far it's only the girls who are diversifying away from Unova...)) makes me think that perhaps half of the region will be all Unova...

Manila Luzon
June 20th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Clay's team is;

Krokorok & Sandslash at Level 31 and Excadrill at Level 33

Hikamaru
June 21st, 2012, 12:27 AM
Clay's team looks good, almost the same as B/W but with Sandslash replacing Palpitoad.

Maybe this could signal Seismitoad on Shizui's team? He is the final Gym so expect him with a team of fully evolved Pokes.

Manila Luzon
June 21st, 2012, 01:29 AM
Skylar's team is Swoobat and Skarmory at Level 37 and Swanna at Level 39.

manutdrule
June 21st, 2012, 01:31 AM
just dislike the fact that all the gym leaders generally have only 3 pkmn on their team...

Hikamaru
June 21st, 2012, 01:32 AM
OK, so Skyla's team is another similarity to her old team except she now has Skarmory in place of Unfezant.

Let's hope Drayden and Shizui's teams don't end up bad like Burgh's.

Manila Luzon
June 21st, 2012, 03:16 AM
Drayden's team is Druddigon and Flygon at Level 46 and Haxorus at Level 48

Higher than his team last time. And this time he's the 7th leader, lmfao.

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 03:21 AM
OH COME ON. They stopped RIGHT before they got to Shizui. Hurry up people!
But I am LOVING the teams now!

Manila Luzon
June 21st, 2012, 04:10 AM
Aaand lastly, Shizui's team is Wailord and Carracosta at Level 49 and Jellicent at Level 51.

edit: We get Scald from him

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 05:00 AM
I have compiled all the gym leaders and their teams in one post.

Elesa- Emolga Lvl. 28, Flaaffy Lvl. 28, Zebstrika Lvl. 30
Clay- Krokorok Lvl. 31, Sandslash Lvl. 31, Excadrill Lvl. 33
Skyla- Swoobat Lvl. 37, Skarmory Lvl. 37, Swanna Lvl. 39
Drayden- Druddigon Lvl. 46, Flygon Lvl. 46, Haxorus Lvl. 48
Shizui- Carracosta Lvl. 49, Wailord Lvl. 49, Jellicent Lvl. 51

My Comments: Towards the end of the game, them levels skyrocket.
Also, Drayden no longer has an underleveled Haxorus! And to top it off, I love how Skyla's team got a slight buff, switching Unfezant for Skarmory.

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 05:49 AM
Sweet. You breeze through the first three or four gyms and then you face the real challenge. Sounds good.
And btw, Elesa looks soooooo hot, lol. XD

Forever
June 21st, 2012, 06:00 AM
Aaand lastly, Shizui's team is Wailord and Carracosta at Level 49 and Jellicent at Level 51.

edit: We get Scald from him

That is so anti-climatic. How are they suitable for a last gym leader?! idek. That sucks though, I can't use my fighting types all the way through unless Scrafty!

PlatinumDude
June 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
I have compiled all the gym leaders and their teams in one post.

Elesa- Emolga Lvl. 28, Flaaffy Lvl. 28, Zebstrika Lvl. 30
Clay- Krokorok Lvl. 31, Sandslash Lvl. 31, Excadrill Lvl. 33
Skyla- Swoobat Lvl. 37, Skarmory Lvl. 37, Swanna Lvl. 39
Drayden- Druddigon Lvl. 46, Flygon Lvl. 46, Haxorus Lvl. 48
Shizui- Carracosta Lvl. 49, Wailord Lvl. 49, Jellicent Lvl. 51

My Comments: Towards the end of the game, them levels skyrocket.
Also, Drayden no longer has an underleveled Haxorus! And to top it off, I love how Skyla's team got a slight buff, switching Unfezant for Skarmory.

Ooh, what a level spike between the 4th/5th gyms. But I would've liked it if Skyla, Drayden or Shizui had at least 1 more Pokemon on them to make them more of a challenge.

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 06:12 AM
I wonder if they are going to make it so you can only bring in a certain number of Pokes into batte? Like the anime? Because they all have three pokemon, so it would make sense.

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 08:04 AM
I am so in love with Shizui's Team. I'm gonna have my Jellicent battle his in a mathc of love. <3
didn't see Wailirs coming, which is totally beast mode. And he gives you Scald! Yay! I love the selection of everyone elses Pokemon as well. This is going to be fun!

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 08:33 AM
^ wow jellicent battle ibn a maghik of love hilarious

Thats fricken awesome thatthe teams are highpowered more of a
Challenge
Still disappointed over three pokemon but its alright

Manila Luzon
June 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
The level jump is going to be hard. I barely beat the league last time when they were all level 50. ;;

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
By the time i was at a gym or event my team was at or exceeded thier levels its probably because of the many tricks i do
-before i reach the first city, my starter has to be at least lv 10
-i battle EVERY trainer (even magikarp mans)
These make me overpowered so the level jump would not be a problem for me

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Once I saw Drayden's team, I had a smile on my face. Then moving on to Shizui's....holy hell his team is on par with the E4 in the previous games. I generally like the level spike, shows that there may be lots of training and battling to be done to get to those levels.

Still miffed about the three Pokemon thing, but it consistency towards BW1 I'm guessing.

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Once I saw Drayden's team, I had a smile on my face. Then moving on to Shizui's....holy hell his team is on par with the E4 in the previous games. I generally like the level spike, shows that there may be lots of training and battling to be done to get to those levels.

Still miffed about the three Pokemon thing, but it consistency towards BW1 I'm guessing.

Consistency period is what i'm loving about the Gyms. I'm so excited about everyone's teams and levels.
That level spike is ridiculous! There must be some type of event between the gyms that allows for training to get to those levels.

June 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Shizui's team sounds strong...Jellicent is going to proably be his hardest Pokemon to beat.

This level jump is higher than previous games, guess there's going to be alot of training before hand for me.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Consistency period is what i'm loving about the Gyms. I'm so excited about everyone's teams and levels.
That level spike is ridiculous! There must be some type of event between the gyms that allows for training to get to those levels.

Exactly; I'm excited for the battles now. shows that there is continuity since some of the returning Gym Leaders did have level raises in the Pokemon.

Shizui's team sounds strong...Jellicent is going to proably be his hardest Pokemon to beat.

This level jump is higher than previous games, guess there's going to be alot of training before hand for me.

That is what I'm hoping for.

June 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
Are there screenshots for their gym puzzles? I'm curious to see what Burgh, Clay, and Drayden came up with.
Yay for the non under leveled Haxorus ^_^.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Are there screenshots for their gym puzzles? I'm curious to see what Burgh, Clay, and Drayden came up with.
Yay for the non under leveled Haxorus ^_^.

As of right now, no unfortunately.

June 21st, 2012, 10:04 AM
By the way what town was Snizui's gym in?
I hope they announce they have rematches. I hope Cheren has a Slacking.

Manila Luzon
June 21st, 2012, 10:06 AM
Anything will be better than Drayden's old puzzle. I HATE THAT SO MUCH. What made it worse was that it would reset if you left the gym! ):< I also wasn't a huge fan of Clay's. Hoping it's a little shorter now. Burgh's was okay, but a change would be nice. Since none of his Pokemon had any relation with honey it was quite weird.

By the way what town was Snizui's gym in?
I hope they announce they have rematches. I hope Cheren has a Slacking.

You battle Cheren again at the world tourney. He has Stoutland, Cinccino and Watchog. Pretty boring tbh. And it hasn't been mentioned yet. My guess is one of the towns one the east of Unova. Probably Undella since it's surrounded by water.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
There's footage of Burgh's Gym puzzle on Youtube....it's....peculiar to say the least. It's like some cacoon transportation thing....

Oh, and it's much larger. And from what I noticing, the music in his gym is radically different.

XSky RiderX
June 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
There's footage of Burgh's Gym puzzle on Youtube....it's....peculiar to say the least. It's like some cacoon transportation thing....

Oh, and it's much larger. And from what I noticing, the music in his gym is radically different.

Yeah, I just watched that. Very interesting to say the least.

Seems that we'll be seeing Harlequins again in his gym. Also, with the new gym music, which is real soothing-sounded, I'm curious to see if all of the other gyms will be receiving new music instead of the standard music that they had for every one of them. I think it's more than likely, honestly.

Also, not a fan of Burgh's team. Vespiquen would have been a perfect addition seeing as it's making an appearance to the game's pokedex.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I just watched that. Very interesting to say the least.

Seems that we'll be seeing Harlequins again in his gym. Also, with the new gym music, which is real soothing-sounded, I'm curious to see if all of the other gyms will be receiving new music instead of the standard music that they had for every one of them. I think it's more than likely, honestly.

Also, not a fan of Burgh's team. Vespiquen would have been a perfect addition seeing as it's making an appearance to the game's pokedex.

Judging by Burgh's Gym, hope of varied Gym Music is a possibility.

And wow, Vespiquen's is in the Pokedex....that's a missed opportunity. Just swap out Dwebble for it and there's a better challenge in my opinion.

June 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM
I would've replaced his Swadloon seeing how he already has Leavanny for the Vespiquen.
Cheren's tournament team is alright, not the best though...

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I would've replaced his Swadloon seeing how he already has Leavanny for the Vespiquen.
Cheren's tournament team is alright, not the best though...

I kind of like it. I don't like Burgh in general, but it just feels like a Misty team. Staryu and Starmie, Swadloon and Leavanny.

pikalax
June 21st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Most English players will be confused if they don't change the music in the second gym for the US/EU releases. You know, the one that goes "D-O-G-A-R-S, Dogars!"? It might turn into something like "K, O, F-F-I, N, G - Koffing!"

June 21st, 2012, 12:56 PM
I guess she gave up being a gym leader to focus on the fossil business.

XSky RiderX
June 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone got a link to that vid? Also according to Serebii, Iris is champ! :O

Link of the video with Burgh's new gym design. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OqY_bJNcxQ) Also, from looking at that guy's playlist, he's also made a video with Homika's gym, which too has new music. So I'm 99% sure we'll be seeing new music for the rest of the gyms.

June 21st, 2012, 01:19 PM
I like Burgh's new puzzle, way better than the old one, and even seems more difficult.

XSky RiderX
June 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Well, it seems things are being leaked like crazy now. GCPM has uploaded a six-hour livestream video of gameplay from Pokemon B2/W2. I didn't want to spoil the game for myself, so I just skimmed to all of the gyms, and it's now confirmed that each and every one of them have new puzzles(I'm not sure about Drayden's gym though) and new overworld music. Also, the gym battle music seems slightly different to me, too.

Zayphora
June 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM
Lol, looking at the ridiculous things that people on YouTube are speculating about Iris is making me lol my head off. Team Galactic? WHAT THE CRAP? I mean really people get your facts straight!!

Anyway, I think Burgh's gym is interesting. It looks more industrial, which fits Castelia more. The cocoon things look kind of like beehives.

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM
So apparently you battle iris in space. And she is apparently part of team galactic?!
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJnoxXncBs&feature=relmfu)
I know this isn't a reliable source, but its interesting.
I wonder what role alder plays too.

June 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
I like how they went ahead and gave different gym music to each of the 8. I have heard two can't wait to hear the rest ^_^.
It seems odd that without all this info there's no info o rematches...

Zayphora
June 21st, 2012, 04:43 PM
So apparently you battle iris in space. And she is apparently part of team galactic?!
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJnoxXncBs&feature=relmfu)
I know this isn't a reliable source, but its interesting.
I wonder what role alder plays too.

....I don't get it....How is she in any way related to Team Galactic? I don't see a connection other than the space background. What is this guy SAYING?!?!?

And also, that's not the link to the video that says that she's part of Galactic. That's a link to a different video.

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 04:47 PM
^XD Whatever.
But it is weird that there aren't any rematches. Also, I wonder what happened to Lenora and the trio in Straiton. :/ Can you battle them post game?

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
To add onto the different variations of the Gym music for the Unova Gym Leaders.....Homika's is a special case. She actually signs along to the music (spelling out Koffing's Japanese name DOGARS), complete with rock band..... is this a first to actually have actual and clear sounding voice in a main series handheld Pokemon game?

I would link, but I'm sure many of have seen it by now nor if I can. XD

PlatinumDude
June 21st, 2012, 05:20 PM
To add onto the different variations of the Gym music for the Unova Gym Leaders.....Homika's is a special case. She actually signs along to the music (spelling out Koffing's Japanese name DOGARS), complete with rock band..... is this a first to actually have actual and clear sounding voice in a main series handheld Pokemon game?

I would link, but I'm sure many of have seen it by now nor if I can. XD

That actually seems very interesting that the gym leaders have their own remixes to the regular gym battle theme. I haven't heard of them yet.

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 05:23 PM
That is amazing. Can't wait to hear them all. Gonna look for a vid of that now.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 05:30 PM
That actually seems very interesting that the gym leaders have their own remixes to the regular gym battle theme. I haven't heard of them yet.

Rather, the Gym theme itself has musical variations, not the actual Gym Battle theme. Sorry if I got you confused. XD

That is amazing. Can't wait to hear them all. Gonna look for a vid of that now.

Trust me, you will not be disappointed with Homika's Gym.

June 21st, 2012, 05:38 PM
I wonder if she'll spell Koffin in english as someone stated earlier or if they'll overlook this and keep it the same as the japanese version.

Has anyone seen a video of Elesa's gym puzzle? (been looking for it but can't find it...)

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Has anyone seen a video of Elesa's gym puzzle? (been looking for it but can't find it...)

Trying to find more gym videos and images, but no dice. All I know of so far is Burgh's and Homika's.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I just saw both and i am amazed

The scheme for burghs gym seems tricky and hard and I LOVE IT

Now homika that music, oh my gawd her voice is hearld clearly

Cant wait for the rest but im afraid im going to fangasm

June 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I'm guessing they have yet to upload them.
If the gym leaders have rematchs what Pokemon do you think they'll have?
My guess is they'll keep most of the three they had in their final forms and simply get three new one's.
For Challenge mode Drayden could get a Garchomp or Dragonite.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Who said we are having rematches :P

XSky RiderX
June 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM

Er, the six hour livestream I stumbled upon kind of confused me. It seems like her "old gym" is still there, with the roller coasters, which I thought was her gym currently, but at the end of there was an NPC that would give you an item. Then there was another building near it with the fashion show, which is what Elesa's new gym is. The video was unclear, but it basically is a broadway-themed gym, where as you progress through the gym you battle other models until you reach Elesa herself. I don't know if there are any sort of patterns since the quality was horrid.

June 21st, 2012, 06:12 PM
So it's how some of us predicted battling the models.

@ Aquarius I'll be disappointed if there aren't rematchs :(

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 06:14 PM
Most likely her gym would not have any maze like areas in it just straight ahead with models to battle

Ughhh thats borings the models better be in a variety of haircolors and be smokin hot

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
I'm guessing they have yet to upload them.
If the gym leaders have rematchs what Pokemon do you think they'll have?
My guess is they'll keep most of the three they had in their final forms and simply get three new one's.
For Challenge mode Drayden could get a Garchomp or Dragonite.

I agree with you; just keep there three they have and add on three more to their team. (Four for Cheren and Homika)

Burgh can definitely have Scisor and Vespiquen on his team. I'd say let Drayden get Dragonite, I like Cynthia to have her Garchomp.

Who said we are having rematches :P

He sai IF. XD Just some speculation, nothing's confirmed about that. XD

June 21st, 2012, 06:19 PM
^ I think that's how it'll work. We proably just walk into the catwalk and encounter passing by models...

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 06:23 PM
^ I think that's how it'll work. We proably just walk into the catwalk and encounter passing by models...

I can already sense her gym will be huge.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Itll be hilarious if the conversation with the models makes them seem dumb

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Itll be hilarious if the conversation with the models makes them seem dumb

I'm not following...

oh, you mean like Valley-Girl speak?

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM
Read exactly how u see it

-Like what r u doing hur ... OMG!!!!!! Like r u gonna battle da gym leaderrr!!! You have to ... Ummmm .... Oh battle me first!!
They have to be hot it wouldnt work if they werent hot

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Read exactly how u see it

-Like what r u doing hur ... OMG!!!!!! Like r u gonna battle da gym leaderrr!!! You have to ... Ummmm .... Oh battle me first!!
They have to be hot it wouldnt work if they werent hot

Okay that's brought me a chuckle.

Btw, I like that the Mareep-Flaffy-Ampharos line get some love as Elesa has a Flaaffy now. That line is one of my favs.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 06:57 PM
It was funny the first time i found out she had a flaffy the first thought that came to my mind was
"OMG HER NEW COAT IS MADE OUT OF FLAFFY FUR :3"

Something is very wrong with my ideal of thinking

But it is good the ampharos line is getting some credit

June 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM
To be honest I thought the same thing about the flaffy and the coat... though thankfully one just needs to shave a sheep to get the fur.

Shizui having Wailord was pretty cool no one has had one since Wallace back in Emerald...

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
There may not be real animals in the pokemon world which brings up the issue of delicious miltank steak and bouffalant jerkey

Its interesting how they are using pokemon that are slightly never used(not taling about the tier)

June 21st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Yes it sure is such as Koffin, which before Homika only Team Rocket, scientists liked to the bad guys and the biker gangs have used one.
And Patrat...no one saw that coming...

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
Dont forget my pokemon dunsparse appearing in the wild

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 08:25 PM
Speaking of Homika...

Nintendo of America's 'Nintendo Direct' Conference just ended, shoing off about 30 seconds to a minute of gameplay. Among them was the offical US name for the Poison-type Gym Leader.

It's Roxie. Seems to be a play at what she does, and that's play guitar. She also has a band and her gym leader platform is a rock band stage. Make of that if you will.

Marilynasol
June 21st, 2012, 08:56 PM
It's Roxie. Seems to be a play at what she does, and that's play guitar. She also has a band and her gym leader platform is a rock band stage. Make of that if you will.

Roxie? What about poor Roxanne's pet name?

Well, I was thinking that Roxie sounds similar to "toxic", which is related to her type specialty and is incidentally the name of the badge (at least in Japanese) she gives out as well.

Haseyo
June 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM
I like the name Roxie for her. Glad they're still being punny :D

June 21st, 2012, 09:21 PM
Apparently we get to face Unova Leaders in the World Tournament. And we get to face Brycen as well woot woot!

So far it looks like this.
Drayden: Haxorus, Altaria & Druddigon
Brycen: Cryogonal, Dewgong & Vanilluxe
Shizui: Jellicent, Mantine, Wailord
Way rematches in some form ^_^

Kind of sad that they got rid of Brycen's Beartic :(

Haseyo
June 21st, 2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah I would do without Vanilluxe and use Beartic, that would balance his two other special attackers. One special wall can take him pretty easily.

I was honestly hoping they had 6 Pokemon, just 3 were randomly selected each time.

June 21st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah I would do without Vanilluxe and use Beartic, that would balance his two other special attackers. One special wall can take him pretty easily.

I was honestly hoping they had 6 Pokemon, just 3 were randomly selected each time.
Well Serebii said it wasn't sure if the teams were set which kind of gives me hope that they might have different teams.

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
Cheren's gym is a battlefield behind the school. You fight two trainers before facing him.

thanethane98
June 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
So we know now that Shizuli will be the last gym leader you face, but does anybody have a guess to where his gym will be?

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
So we know now that Shizuli will be the last gym leader you face, but does anybody have a guess to where his gym will be?

Nope.

Roxie doesn't appear to have a gym puzzle. You have to battle all of her band mates before you get to her though.

June 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
The popular guesses are that it's in Undella or the town north of it but we haven't had confirmation on either.

Zayphora
June 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
Ha, I was, in my clueless way, right about Roxie!! AHHAHHAHAHA...oh well, I shouldn't be bragging about not knowing that there was already a gym leader named Roxanne...fail, but whatever. I predicted it, people!

Does anyone know if the mode thingies affect the hardness of the Gym puzzles? That would be interesting.

Aquarius1997
June 22nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
That would be awesome and i already have ideas

Cheren- defeat 5 instead of 2
Roxie- she can have an audience that you have to defeat too
Cheren- silk theme is trickier more trainers
Elesa- more trainers
Clay- i dont know how to improve the conveyor belt but more trainers
Skyla- n/a
Drayden- n/a
Shizui(Wade)- Trickier lily pad thingies

Cosmotone8
June 22nd, 2012, 01:39 PM
^Basically what you're saying is make the gyms harder. "Trickier lily pad thingies" and "more trainers" can pretty much summed up with that statement. Though I do like the idea of Roxie having an audience.

June 22nd, 2012, 01:40 PM
Well it seems (I believe Serebii or one of the other sites mentioned this)
that we get the key after the E4 so the gym leaders puzzles and their teams won't change sadly.

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
That would be awesome and i already have ideas

Cheren- defeat 5 instead of 2
Roxie- she can have an audience that you have to defeat too
Cheren- silk theme is trickier more trainers
Elesa- more trainers
Clay- i dont know how to improve the conveyor belt but more trainers
Skyla- n/a
Drayden- n/a
Shizui(Wade)- Trickier lily pad thingies

Skylar's gym puzzle is getting across the raised paths whilst being blown by wind. Perhaps in challenge mode the wind could be stronger and the paths could be more maze-like. Clay's gym could be darker...? But according to serebii Clay's gym is already really dark anyway it took Serebii a while to do it. Elesa's gym already has a lot of trainers. You go through her old gym and battle the trainers, then you go into the new gym, up the cat walk whilst battling more trainers. IMO Elesa's gym should just have raised levels. Roxie should just have a puzzle since she lacks one. Maybe something musical themed?

Cosmotone8
June 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM
Oh, I have an idea for Roxie! You could listen to/see a rhythm that you have to replicate on the buttons. For example, each note would have a different button on it and then you'd have to press the buttons in sequence. Sorta like a memory thing. If you got it wrong then you'd have to battle extra trainers, like in Fantina's gym.

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Oh, I have an idea for Roxie! You could listen to/see a rhythm that you have to replicate on the buttons. For example, each note would have a different button on it and then you'd have to press the buttons in sequence. Sorta like a memory thing. If you got it wrong then you'd have to battle extra trainers, like in Fantina's gym.

That would be quite good. And probably would win the award for the most annoying gym puzzle ever. ._. I hate things like that but there's no doubt it would be interesting.

June 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM
I don't think we have challenge mode gyms though it'll be nice if we did.
If there was one Cheren's could be a group of trainers with more difficult to defeat Pokemon for the early routes like Riolu, Mareep, Marill which are stronger than what we proably will have...

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cheren should just have a stronger team. Or just an updated team. Even if it's just one new normal Pokemon COUGH LEVEL 15 DELCATTY COUGH.

Toshiro.
June 22nd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I'm sort of disappointed with the gym leaders.

I was hoping that there would be more new ones, not just three. I also wish that Cheren was like the 7th or 8th leader, not the first ._.

But yay Skyla stays <3

Cosmotone8
June 22nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
That would be quite good. And probably would win the award for the most annoying gym puzzle ever. ._. I hate things like that but there's no doubt it would be interesting.
Really? More annoying than Falkners Candice's in gen IV?
But I think that the leaders are good. They just should've gotten updated like Elesa. :P

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
Really? More annoying than Falkners Candice's in gen IV?
But I think that the leaders are good. They just should've gotten updated like Elesa. :P

I found Candice's gym fun! :P I hated Pryce's gym in GSC maybe it would beat that.

AND NO DRAYDEN'S GYM IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS LAST TIME O M F G I HATE THAT GYM SO MUCH.

...second thought, nothing could beat Drayden's gym in terms of annoyance.

Cosmotone8
June 22nd, 2012, 02:24 PM
Its the exact opposite for me.... I hated candace's puzzle and loved Draydens. It's pretty awesome he gets it back imo. :P

June 22nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
Well Serebii mentioned that there are some small changes like lights that point to a direction but it's practically the same it seems...
Now only Shizui's is left (wanna know how the lilipads work).

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
I wanna know what town Shizui is in. Since Serebii has already passed Undella I don't think it's that...

June 22nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
^ My thought exactly unless he somehow overlooked it...It's proably in that northern town after all.

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Seigaiha City is where Shizui resides! FINALLY!! However; he's not at the gym.

June 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
He's proably at that place they showed him (the Pacidlog looking place)

Manila Luzon
June 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
He jumps out the water when you're walking along and returns to the gym.

Xander Olivieri
June 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
No it says as you walk around town he jumps out of the water and heads back to the Gym, meaning he'll pop out onto the dock and head to his Gym. And I think the Pacifilog place IS Seigaiha City.

June 22nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Well that makes sense.
After that he takes on the role of trying to decide what do with Plasma along with Rival and the player. So he's not just a sitting duck.

Manila Luzon
June 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
So thanks to Challenge mode, the gyms and Elite 4 do become more... well challenging.

List of everyone's upgrades, bolded parts are new. Levels aren't exactly upgraded but... you'll see.

Cheren
Patrat Level 11 - Work Up, Bite, Tackle
Pidove Level 11 - Work Up, Quick Attack, Leer
Lillipup Level 13 - Work Up, Bite, Tackle (Oran Berry)

Roxie
Koffing Level 16 - Venoshock, Assurance, Tackle, Smog (Oran Berry)
Grimer Level 16 - Venoshock, Mud Slap, Disable, Poison Gas
Whirlipede level 18 - Venoshock, Poison Sting, Rollout, Protect (Sitrus Berry)

Burgh
Dwebble Level 22 - Struggle Bug, Rock Blast, Faint Attack, Rock Polish (Sitrus Berry)
Shelmet Level 22 - Struggle Bug, Mega Drain, Acid, Curse
Karrablast Level 22 - Struggle Bug, Headbutt, Aerial Ace, Endure
Leavanny Level 24 - Struggle Bug. Razor Leaf, Aerial Ace, Grasswhistle (Sitrus Berry)

Elesa
Emolga Level 28 - Volt Switch, Pursuit, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack (Sitrus Berry)
Joltik Level 28 - Volt Switch, X-Scissor, Energy Ball, Thunder Wave
Flaafy Level 28 - Volt Switch, Take Down, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave
Zebstrika Level 30 - Volt Switch, Flame Charge, Pursuit, Stomp (Sitrus Berry)

Clay
Krokorok Level 31 - Bulldoze, Crunch, Sandstorm, Torment (Sitrus Berry)
Sandslash Level 31 - Bulldoze, Crush Claw, Rock Slide, Hone Claws
Onix Level 31 - Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Explosion, Rock Polish
Excadrill Levle 33 - Bulldoze, Metal Claw, Slash, Rock Slide (Sitrus Berry)

Skyla
Swoobat Level 37 - Acrobatics, Psychic, Energy Ball, Attract
Skarmory Level 37 - Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, X-Scissor, Agility (Sitrus Berry)
Sigilyph Level 37 - Air Cutter, Psychic, Flash Cannon, Hypnosis
Swanna Level 39 - Air Slash, Surf, Roost, Featherdance (Sitrus Berry)

Drayden
Druddigon Level 46 - Dragon Tail, Revenge, Crunch, Rock Slide (Sitrus Berry)
Flygon Level 46 - Dragon Tail, Rock Slide, Earth Power, Crunch
Altaria Level 46 - Dragon Pulse, Sing, Cotton Guard, Fire Blast
Haxorus - Level 48 - Dragon Tail, Dragon Dance, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw (Sitrus Berry)

Shizui
Wailord Level 49 - Scald, Rain Dance, Ice Beam, Earthquake
Carracosta Level 49 - Scald, Rock Slide, Shell Smash, Crunch (Sitrus Berry)
Mantine Level 49 - Scald, Air Slash, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray
Jellicent Level 51 - Scald, Energy Ball, Ominious Wind, Recover

Elite 4

Shauntal
Cofagrigus Level 56 - Will-O-Wisp, Grass Knot, Psychic, Shadow Ball (Leftovers)
Drifblim Level 56 - Psychic, Thunderbolt, Acrobatics, Shadow Ball (Flying Gem)
Golurk Level 56 - Heavy Slam, Earthquake, Brick Break, Shadow Punch (Expert Belt)
Banette Level 56 - Shadow Claw, Will-O-Wisp, Psychic, Sucker Punch (Muscle Band)
Chandelure Level 58 - Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Psychic, Shadow Ball (Choice Scarf)

Grimsley
Liepard Level 56 - Night Slash, Fake Out, Aerial Ace, Attract (Normal Gem)
Scrafty Level 56 - Crunch, Brick Break, Poison Jab, Rock Tomb (Leftovers)
Krookodile Level 56 - Crunch, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Rock Tomb (Expert Belt)
Absol Level 56 - Night Slash, Psycho Cut, X-Scissor, Swords Dance (Muscle Band)
Bisharp Level 58 - Night Slash, X-Scissor, Metal Claw, Aerial Ace (Quick Claw)

Marshal
Throh Level 56 - Storm Throw, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, Payback (Leftovers)
Sawk Level 56 - Brick Break, Retaliate, Rock Slide, Payback (Muscle Band)
Mienshao Level 56 - Hi Jump Kick, U-Turn, Bounce, Retaliate (Expert Belt)
Lucario Level 56 - Aura Sphere, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Calm Mind (Wise Glasses)
Conkeldurr Level 58 - Hammer Arm, Bulk Up, Stone Edge, Earthquake (Flame Orb)

Caitlin
Musharna Level 56 - Charge Beam, Dream Eater, Hypnosis, Reflect (Zoom Lens)
Reuniclus Level 56 - Psychic, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Recover (Leftovers)
Sigilyph Level 56 - Psychic, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam, Air Slash (Expert Belt)
Gothitelle Level 56 - Psychic, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind (Wise Glasses)
Metagross Level 58 - Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, Shadow Ball (Life Orb)

Iris
Hydreigon Level 57 - Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Dragon Pulse, Surf (Wise Glasses)
Druddigon Level 57 - Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Outrage, Focus Blast (Life Orb)
Archeops Level 57 - Acrobatics, Stone Edge, Dragon Claw, Endeavor (Flying Gem)
Aggron Level 57 - Earthquake, Double-Edge, Zen Headbutt, Automize (Muscle Band)
Lapras Level 57 - Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Thunder, Sing (Wide Lens)
Haxorus Level 59 - Earthquake, X-Scissor, Outrage, Dragon Dance (Focus Sash)

welp that took forever. BE GRATEFUL THAT TOOK FOREVER OMG

Also no@me changing my signature because of these changes.

Zayphora
June 26th, 2012, 03:15 AM
WOw, that looks like it took a lot of work! 0.o

I think Shizui is in the town/city that is the last before Victory Road. It's a new one.

Kenmoor
June 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
WOw, that looks like it took a lot of work! 0.o

I think Shizui is in the town/city that is the last before Victory Road. It's a new one.
Appreciate the work dragonomega! Any other new Gym towns?

Manila Luzon
June 27th, 2012, 02:53 PM
The only new gym towns are Virbank City, which is Roxie/Homika and Seigaiha City which is Shizui.

Jellicent♀
June 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM
The only new gym towns are Virbank City, which is Roxie/Homika and Seigaiha City which is Shizui.

Don't forget Aspertia City, which has Cheren as it's Gym Leader. (It is also the beginning town, and his Gym is the Trainer School)

Xander Olivieri
June 27th, 2012, 03:42 PM

And Aspertia City where you start your journey. All three new gyms have new cities.

smurf
June 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
i personaly cant wait to see how strong the new gyms are

June 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hmm, didn't expect the gyms to actually change in challenge mode. Well it's good to see that they do and that they have an extra Pokemon too(four is more like it) ^_^.

Blue
June 27th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I'd liked for the level's to increase slightly but it's good that they have actually introduced this feature, although I didn't expect Shizui to be the eighth leader.

Jellicent♀
June 27th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I kind of want to hold off getting the games, just so I can wait for someone to get the Challenge Mode so i can start with a harder game. c:
I want Shizui to be as strong as possible. <3
Plus I love the selection of Pokemon they get in both modes (all the Gym Leaders, that is).

Manila Luzon
June 28th, 2012, 08:39 AM
i personaly cant wait to see how strong the new gyms are

They're not that strong tbh. I mean Elesa is quite strong, but so far I've had no problem with them. Flaaffy is by far her worst Pokèmon to face.

Kenmoor
June 28th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Elesa has a Joltik in challenge mode. I was expecting a Luxio or Luxray instead.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
June 28th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I liked the addition of challenge mode plus the changed made. I was hoping Iris will change her team for Challenge mode. Oh, well but the levels and the held items sure make her team dangerous... especially her Archeops, Aggron and Haxorus. I think Aggron is the only one on her team that knows an egg move.

June 28th, 2012, 10:36 PM
They're not that strong tbh. I mean Elesa is quite strong, but so far I've had no problem with them. Flaaffy is by far her worst Pokèmon to face.
That's quite ironic considering some on here said it wouldn't be a challenge xD. Well glad to hear her flaffy is a tough opponent.
I too am surprised they chosed Joltic, I wouldn've expected if she had a fourth pokemon that it would've been a member of the Electross line.

SouKoLian9102
June 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I was also hoping that Elesa had something else for the Challenge Mode... Maybe from the Shinx line or even a Pika- NO WAIT NVM WHO WANTS ONE IN THE GAME ANYWAY

June 30th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I expected a member of the Lotad line for Shizui...yet he lacks one. Wonder why they chose lilipads for his gym than...but than again Juan's had a puzzle dealing with walking on ice and he wasn't ice...

Jellicent♀
June 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I expected a member of the Lotad line for Shizui...yet he lacks one. Wonder why they chose lilipads for his gym than...but than again Juan's had a puzzle dealing with walking on ice and he wasn't ice...

Well, he seems so chill and everything, and while an ocean and beach theme would suite the town, the relaxed feeling of white marble bridges and a quiet pond filled with lily pads suits his personality a bit better.

coda36
September 10th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Well ..the new gyms have already been known for awhile ... and there all pretty much the same :P

Xander Olivieri
September 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Unnecessary Thread revival.