PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Xander Olivieri
March 14th, 2012, 09:54 PM
We've heard that B2W2 has a "Brand New Story" that will follow for the games. While I've seen massive amount of Speculation to Gameplay, Kyurem, and things to add such as Move Tutors, I haven't seen anyone mentioning new or Changed Gyms.

Gym change talk was pretty big when we thought the new game was Gray, but now that we know it isn't, lets see what kinda Gyms we get.

Gyms can change, Anime, Manga, and the Video Games have shown this. With this being something new to all of the Pokemon History, we can't say that they won't change the Gyms up.

Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Assuming we are still in Unova, what you think we'd get this time around?

potent445
March 14th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I guess its possible for new gyms/gym leaders since its ment to a be a whole new story. The only gym change that I personally think will happen is that Iris will be the Gym leader for the 8th gym in both versions. Hopefully we can have Gym rebattles this time though.
On a related note I think we may have a new champion in this game. Could be Cheren, Drayden, Bianca or even Hilda or Herbet if we have new charactors.

Cello
March 14th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Personally I feel like it's the only option they have. These are sequels, and if we're playing as the same trainers we've already beaten the Unova gym leaders.
If anything we either get new MCs to take on the Unova gym leaders or travel to a different section of Unova/region with a different line up of Gyms as the old MC.

There's always the possibility of there being a lack of Gyms in these games, though. Gamefreak is being very unpredictable.

Kaori
March 15th, 2012, 01:58 AM
There's always the possibility of there being a lack of Gyms in these games, though. Gamefreak is being very unpredictable.
That just seems so unlikely. D;

Honestly the "sequels" could just take place only a few years later or maybe even just months, who knows what GameFreak has in plan. So Gym Leaders could be the same, but maybe they would advance the design of their gym so it's more challenging to get through and more enjoyable to get past. At least that's what I think would be more likely to happen, but it would be kind of cool if we got new Gym Leaders. Something new, that's for sure.

MarioManH
March 15th, 2012, 02:21 AM
They may pull something off like they did in Emerald, Adler may just be a person that tends to help out (Like Steven) and you fight him after your beat the E4, and probably Drayden takes the spot as Champion and Iris remains.

Forever
March 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
tbh they might end up swapping the Elite Four and the actual gyms, and have ice/fire/electric/dragon in elite four, and have fighting/dark/psychic/ghost in the actual cities.

Ghost would be located in Icirrus (dragons/legendaries, kind of spooky @ Dragonspiral Tower), Dark would be located in Opelucid (I could see legit dark themes there), Psychic would be located in Nimbasa (I consider Nimbasa as "fun", while ghosts aka what Kanto taught us, are "fun") and the first gym would just be fighting, so that you can't use the wild Pokemon - aka weak to fighting. And... water wouldn't have a gym, as well as grass. :x

Blue
March 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I hope there are different gym types, if it's a new adventure then surely there will be a couple of substitutes.

Joshawott
March 15th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Personally I feel like it's the only option they have. These are sequels, and if we're playing as the same trainers we've already beaten the Unova gym leaders.
If anything we either get new MCs to take on the Unova gym leaders or travel to a different section of Unova/region with a different line up of Gyms as the old MC.

My thoughts exactly. A teenage boy/girl travelling to a whole new region doesn't seem that likely, so I think it will be a new section of Unova.

TNeal
March 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
You all are going to think this is unlikely, but I personally think gyms will be a post-game challenge. Before the credits, we will instead fight 8 bosses from Team Plasma or whomever the antagonistic organization is. It will be just like the gyms, except they won't specifically be located in a building in every town called "Gym". This would allow for more focus on the story. It would also keep the player from retreading his/her steps from the first game, providing a unique experience (since this is a new story, after all).

This would also mean we will be traversing the region in a different order than we did in the first game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 15th, 2012, 07:00 PM
^ The eight bosses could be
1st Shadow Triad
And the other seven will be in order in which they appeared in BW (except for Ghetsis who they should save for the end)
Taking the place of the eighth could be the Goddesses
And Ghetsis would've made his own dark version of the E4 to protect him (possibly the typings Forever describes; Fire,Electric,Ice, and Dragon)

miltankRancher
March 15th, 2012, 07:04 PM
They may pull something off like they did in Emerald, Adler may just be a person that tends to help out (Like Steven) and you fight him after your beat the E4, and probably Drayden takes the spot as Champion and Iris remains.

This. I really think Alder will go away and rot his days (I hope so) in some cave, maybe in the Challenger's cave, and either Grimsley or Marshall replaces Alder, and Drayden moves up to become an E4.

March 15th, 2012, 07:12 PM
This. I really think Alder will go away and rot his days (I hope so) in some cave, maybe in the Challenger's cave, and either Grimsley or Marshall replaces Alder, and Drayden moves up to become an E4.
I see Marshall being more likely simply do to being Alder's student in the manga and the games. Also if they were to incomporate more on the Muskeeters in these games, he could explain their legend more in depth to us.
I can also see Cheren as part of the E4 or maybe even taking over in Opelucid city for Drayden in Black 2.

Forever
March 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Just for the above posts, we now have an Elite Four as well as this gym thread. They can work fine on their own seperately, so just post anything Alder-related/E4 related there, since this thread is only really about the gym "types" (and secondarily about new leaders), while in the other thread you're free to mention if you think a gym leader will become an Elite Four member. :3

But yeah if it turns out that these two can't work that well on their own, we'll end up merging them, but we'll see how they go for now!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 15th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Depends on how long after B/W the sequels take place. In the case of R/B vs. G/S (3 years IIRC), two gyms were different as one former leader got promoted and the other went into hiding. The other six remained the same.

I'd expect some leaders to remain the same (unless it's something ridiculous like 75 years into the future lol) while others may have moved up or moved on. I don't think many gyms would change their specialization... maybe two or three at most. Mistralton, Icirrus, and Opelucid in particular have gym themes and decor that is pretty specific to their type specialization, and it wouldn't make sense to have cannons send you flying through the air and then have you face,, say, a Steel-type leader, or to have you navigate ice and pit you against Rock-types.

14Henderson7
March 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
My opinion on what the gyms and elite four types should be:

Gyms:
1) Bug (Tired of seeing past Rock types as the first in almost every Gen)
2) Water
3) Fire
4) Electric
5) Poison
6) Rock
7) Dark
8) Psychic

Elite Four:
1) Fighting
2) Ice
3) Dragon
4) Steel

In my opinion, they should do what they did in the old games. But instead of being your rival who won, have it a balanced team. Something challenging.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:05 AM
HMMM with the seperate water gym, what happens to Striaton & what about fire/grass? VERY INTERESTING. Perhaps the fire gym could be last to unfreeze Unova?

Esper
April 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Not having the Striaton three-way gym (because I can't see that happening with a separate water gym) frees those characters to have some other role in the story, if they reappear that is. I don't think it means there will necessarily be a fire or grass gym, but probably at least one of them.

Blue
April 12th, 2012, 10:12 AM
2 new gyms, what happened to those that were replaced, if the trio were originally the first gym and now it's the poison type, what happened to them? Shadow Traid!?

Unlikely but there could be 10 gyms, after all.. these games are different.

Esper
April 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Since Striaton is under the ice in the map maybe it's going to be a post-game location and not have a gym anymore.

By the way, I like the ideas behind the new gyms, at least from what it seems like they're going to be. A music hall/music house for the poison gym leader and some kind of wood docks for the water gym leader, although those could just be parts of the town.

Charmageddon
April 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I assume that since one of the new gyms is Water, the Striaton Water/Fire/Grass gym will no longer be there. Perhaps the triplets will be able to be battled, but not as leaders? Perhaps the theory regarding them and the Shadow Triad is true after all?

As for what other gym will be replaced... could be any of them really. I think it's been suggested that the Poison gym is an early one, but that doesn't necessarily correlate to which gym is replaced - the order could be changed.

Do we think there will be any more new gyms, or just those two? (God please give us a Dark-type gym please please please).

TheChaosBlue
April 12th, 2012, 11:49 AM
I approve of a Dark-type gym wholeheartingly.

I see that most , if not all, of the gyms could be replaced. Still, in the span of two years makes me wonder if all of the original gym leaders are replaced, what will make of them? Will some still be a part of the story? Will a couple remain in their postition?

And based on what I seen in the map, most of the entire eastern side of Unova is frozen, and more towns/city is shown in the bottom right of the region (looks like your new starting town for the main protagonists). Maybe the tradition 8 Gyms may not be the standard this time around.

SnowpointQuincy
April 12th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Put a Gym in Anvil Town! That part of the map can be fleshed out and make Anvil Town a complete city with it's own Gym.

There could be 10 Gym - ala the fighting type gym in Saffron City in R/B.

Also, parts of the map like Nuvema Town might not be accessable till the end of the game. Who knows? So, the Trio Gym might be a post-game triple battle.

The Shadow Triad would make really cool secret bosses. You round them up one by one across Unova, then you battle them together in a legendary dragon Rotation battle!

(the level 11 lilipup is the perfect cover for the shadow triad, or proff that the trio gym leaders are NOT that cool.)

Blue
April 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'd guess that Homika (Poison type leader) and she has 2 Pokémon... I think they will Trubbish & Foongus and as for the water gym leader let's say he has 3 mid game I'd go for, Frillish, Alomomola & Simipour. Also I do hope there are a couple more new gym leaders, maybe Drayden has retired or something, I'm hoping for a dark type gym leader atleast.

TheChaosBlue
April 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Put a Gym in Anvil Town! That part of the map can be fleshed out and make Anvil Town a complete city with it's own Gym.

There could be 10 Gym - ala the fighting type gym in Saffron City in R/B.

Also, parts of the map like Nuvema Town might not be accessable till the end of the game. Who knows? So, the Trio Gym might be a post-game triple battle.

The Shadow Triad would make really cool secret bosses. You round them up one by one across Unova, then you battle them together in a legendary dragon Rotation battle!

(the level 11 lilipup is the perfect cover for the shadow triad, or proff that the trio gym leaders are NOT that cool.)

I wouldn't mind 10 Gyms and Gym Leaders actually.....now that's some change in these games.

@Suicune: A mesh of old and new leaders? Drayden is said to be the mayor of the city, so that can be elborated on.

April 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Do you think that any of the old pokemon will be used in the gyms?

If so, then probably all the gyms will be brand-new.

Bluerang1
April 12th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Forever is right tho. With this Water Gym, doesn't that render Cress useless? I'm pretty sure we'll face them in a Triple Battle post-game, when their area has been unfrozen.

Nepse
April 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM
@Charmageddon, I suggested the poison-type gym to be the first. If you look closely at the two images from the gym you can see that it looks very much like she (the poison-type leader) "thrashed" the Striaton Gym, and that she uses 2 Pokémon.

BTW, does anybody else see the resemblance between her guitar and a Venipede?

April 12th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Forever is right tho. With this Water Gym, doesn't that render Chili useless? I'm pretty sure we'll face them in a Triple Battle post-game, when their area has been unfrozen.
You mean Cress. I think that they will reappear but in their role as the Triad...
I'm curious to what became of the rest, at least one other gym leader had to be replaced...

Magic
April 12th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Since all the Gyms were so... custom, in B/W (IE many of the Gym Leaders have a Gym which is in a building important to them, or based around their personality) it seems kind of weird that new gym leaders would take over just two years afterwards.

So for that reason I think they'll replace a few, but not all.

Nepse
April 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Maybe a new gym opened in Driftveil, and that they had to remove the lighthouse to make room for it. Meanwhile, Clay's gym was turned solely into a mine. Or maybe he got rich and retired.

Bluerang1
April 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
It looks Lenora and the Triplets won't be part of the main Gyms since their area is blocked off my ice. And Iccirus.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Hey you know, I actually think there will be the extra gyms. How many types did B/W cover? 8, 8 this time + 4 e4, so in B2W2, could be opposite and thus we get B/W's leftovers as far as gyms go plus Elite Four? I dunno I like the idea of more gyms. :3 Perhaps there could be some in the B/W post-game towns tbh as extras when the region is unfrozennnn.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
April 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM
We've heard that B2W2 has a "Brand New Story" that will follow for the games. While I've seen massive amount of Speculation to Gameplay, Kyurem, and things to add such as Move Tutors, I haven't seen anyone mentioning new or Changed Gyms.

Gym change talk was pretty big when we thought the new game was Gray, but now that we know it isn't, lets see what kinda Gyms we get.

Gyms can change, Anime, Manga, and the Video Games have shown this. With this being something new to all of the Pokemon History, we can't say that they won't change the Gyms up.

Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Assuming we are still in Unova, what you think we'd get this time around?

They revealed a new poison gym so imo, the poison gym is going to replace Iris/Draydan

SnowpointQuincy
April 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Is it ok to guess at the new gyms's pokemon line up?

1) Venipede/Scorupi (based on her guitar)

2) Ekans/Arbok (depending on what level she is.)

At least one should be pure poison, so that all 3 starters are neutral to it.

April 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Well if the first gym is poison that makes Snivy unattractive...they should have gone with a dark gym first imo.
I imagine that the last gym is dark if they don't have the dragon gym anymore.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 09:53 PM
They revealed a new poison gym so imo, the poison gym is going to replace Iris/Draydan

Uh... why? XD They also revealed water gym too. :3

Aaand as for Snivy, hmmm. Well, usually grass starters have an advantage since rock types, so this kinda makes up for it, sorta? Of course that's assuming that the gym is in fact the first one.

April 12th, 2012, 09:57 PM
True, also that will make the water starter even more most atractive in average per game as grass already got trimmed down in gen 2 with the flying gym.
I want a steal gym as the seventh gym, or maybe it'll be sixth like in Gen's II and IV.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
April 12th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Uh... why? XD They also revealed water gym too. :3

Well considering it's 2 years in future, maybe Iris and Drayden came to stay with you because opelucid got frozen but they don't know it yet but it got thawed out and the new water/poison gym leader along with a small population of people are there?

Oh the possibilities...

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Well considering it's 2 years in future, maybe Iris and Drayden came to stay with you because opelucid got frozen but they don't know it yet but it got thawed out and the new water/poison gym leader along with a small population of people are there?

Oh the possibilities...

Well, maybe, but there's like at least 5 cities we can see, at least 3 of those already had gym leaders, so it might not be poison in particular. :x

True, also that will make the water starter even more most atractive in average per game as grass already got trimmed down in gen 2 with the flying gym.
I want a steal gym as the seventh gym, or maybe it'll be sixth like in Gen's II and IV.

Well yeah, Oshawott definitely would have the advantage then statistically. If so, I'd much rather the first gym be something neutral to everything, tbh. Go for normal!! :3

Xander Olivieri
April 12th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Is it ok to guess at the new gyms's pokemon line up?

1) Venipede/Scorupi (based on her guitar)

2) Ekans/Arbok (depending on what level she is.)

At least one should be pure poison, so that all 3 starters are neutral to it.

Poison Resists Grass attacks and Grass Types are weak to Poison Attacks. It won't be purely neutral. If you evolve Tepig into Pignite, Poison then resists your Fighting attacks as well.

With Poison Gym having two possible Pokemon in it, its most likely the first or Second Gym.

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Poison Resists Grass attacks and Grass Types are weak to Poison Attacks. It won't be purely neutral. If you evolve Tepig into Pignite, Poison then resists your Fighting attacks as well.

With Poison Gym having two possible Pokemon in it, its most likely the first or Second Gym.

Well considering the locations, and the fact that it's near a forest... I'd say yeah it's definitely around the start, but I'd rather it not be the first overall. :x I just want my neutrality! :(

April 12th, 2012, 10:13 PM
They could go with dark, psychic (Tepig would most likely not be evolved by this point), ghost, if they want neutral.
What if...they do rock first...

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Ugh that'd be boring and such a throwback to past generations. From looking at the map, there's nothing really relevant to rocks at the start. Perhaps they could do a kinda relevant thing - like in Driftveil do rock, etc, and for Mistralton do something similar to flying (normal sadly), etc, since I thiiink it's all opposites.

Oryx
April 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM
If they were doing Rock I would want them to put it right after the underwater tunnel lol, to keep up with their "making it less difficult" theme especially for Tepig starters.

April 12th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I can see Nimbasa being Psychic like now like most thought it was originally going to be with BW speculation. Lenora's gym could be rock but it's "frozen" so maybe not...

KingDrapion
April 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Do you think that any of the old pokemon will be used in the gyms?

If so, then probably all the gyms will be brand-new.

Seeing as the Pokedex is extended, the Game freak will have more variety of pokemon to choose from for the gym leaders

Forever
April 12th, 2012, 11:14 PM
I can see Nimbasa being Psychic like now like most thought it was originally going to be with BW speculation. Lenora's gym could be rock but it's "frozen" so maybe not...

Well yeah, it kinda makes complete sense almost, thinking back to their generation one parallels - of Saffron, which I kinda see Nimbasa as for the attractions, rather than Castelia, idk why. But yeah from the design I'd love to see that as psychic :3

April 12th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I'm actually glad to know that the gym leaders this time around will have a varity to chose from...no more double emoga's...
I hope we have rematches...if not then...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I would like Elesa to be in the games in some capacity (even if not as a Gym leader anymore) since she was my favorite from B/W. I'd imagine that if a lot of these gyms are going to be changing specialties, a LOT of renovations would have to be done since many are themed to their respective types. I would like to hear the explanation if a bunch of Leaders were replaced... maybe whatever caused a good chunk of the region to freeze over caused many of them to pack up and leave?

ShadowE
April 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Well i like it if they did, but that would make Skyla gone, and thats one of the Gym Leaders i like (the only one of Unova though).

Maybe they can keep her?

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Well i like it if they did, but that would make Skyla gone, and thats one of the Gym Leaders i like (the only one of Unova though).

Maybe they can keep her?
Haha yer forgettin' one of the best gym leaders Unova ever had, Clay! I loved the dialogue GameFreak gave him and I just need to see him again.

I'm all for new gyms/leaders, as long as we get to keep a few if not all of the ones previously.

Turn-it
April 13th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Is the elite four the same? This elite four didn't leave a good impression on me...i'm assuming if there are or maybe new gyms....maybe different elite four, at least a change up of pokemon maybe?

Luigi-San
April 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Considering that we know there will be a Poison gym for the first time since Kanto, I'm seriously going to rage if there's STILL NO DARK-TYPE GYM.

Blue
April 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
That's true, I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce a dark type gym, I wonder when that moment will come? But yeah I'm happy they've decided to use different types especially Poison, it gets boring when they use Ice/Rock types repetitively.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I for one also would like to see a Gym Leader who specializes in the Dark-type. I also think it would be interesting what said leader's personality is like. I hope he/she uses lots of dark humor... that would be awesome.

April 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Considering the Dark Elite four the gym leader will proably dress all dark, I imagine a lolita style girl, which makes me think of that girl in DPPt... maybe they make a dark version of Caitlin, maybe her twin sister...she could have an Umbreon ^_^.

Blue
April 13th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.

Xander Olivieri
April 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I dunno why they made Dark exclusive to E4. Guess they thought it was more prestigious.

Really want a Dark Gym...thought I feel that when we finally do get a Dark Gym it'll be a let down.

>=T Gamefreak better not mess this up!

Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.
Isn't there a "poison" or "toxic" Metal sub genre? I know poison and acids are fairly common in song names or band names in metal bands.

Considering the Dark Elite four the gym leader will proably dress all dark, I imagine a lolita style girl, which makes me think of that girl in DPPt... maybe they make a dark version of Caitlin, maybe her twin sister...she could have an Umbreon ^_^.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/bf/Black_White_Shauntal.png Says Hi~

Oryx
April 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM

I think people think too hard when they look for connections. Remember, Elesa was a model, that had nothing to do with her gym. It was just...cool. :P

April 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I dunno why they made Dark exclusive to E4. Guess they thought it was more prestigious.

Really want a Dark Gym...thought I feel that when we finally do get a Dark Gym it'll be a let down.

>=T Gamefreak better not mess this up!

Isn't there a "poison" or "toxic" Metal sub genre? I know poison and acids are fairly common in song names or band names in metal bands.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/bf/Black_White_Shauntal.png Says Hi~
I know what you mean...they better not give him or her weak pokemon...they should give her or him a Hydreigon and a Tyranitar (imagine how epic that would be for a gym leader to have two pseudo's...)
Yeah, well she's not dark type and by lolita fashion I imagine more like Marley from Platinum.

Elesa's gym was weird for her...unless it's a metaphor for the life of a model being a rollercoaster...

Reshiram Man
April 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Water is so overrated nowadays, with Misty, Wallace, Juan, Crasher Wake, and now the new guy. Adding Elite Four, Lorelei has a good chunk of water types as well. Game freak better stop with the Water type craze.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
April 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I hope the Gym in Castelia is more suited for the city instead of being a giant museum of wax and gooey stuff for a bug fanatic.

Burgh's gym made me feel icky inside.

Back to the hypothetical Dark type Gym, I'm hoping it's the 7th or 8th gym so the leader can wield those powerful Pokemon. And a lolita gym leader would rock xD

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 06:37 PM
From the trailer released, it looks like the Water type Gym Leader has a gym where you have to cross over the water with lily pads. It looks really cute and fun!

April 13th, 2012, 11:15 PM
That sounds fun, much better than surfing across a pool... Also, come to think about it how will the new badges will look? Maybe the water gym will be one shaped like a pool, a lake, ect.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 06:02 AM

There's an 80s rock band called Poison. I'm going with that theory.

I do hope for a Dark-type gym. It'd be fun to see finally. Hopefully they don't make the character too stereotypical, though. All black clothes, gym, depressed atmosphere when talking to the person, etc. I'm excited about all of the new puzzles they'll work into the gyms. <3
Those are always my favorite. I hope Burgh is gone though. He annoyed me. Him and his sticky honey all over the place. Get a mop.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 06:09 AM
From the trailer released, it looks like the Water type Gym Leader has a gym where you have to cross over the water with lily pads. It looks really cute and fun!

I really like it :3 I think it'd be kinda difficult to navigate though, unless it's like ice in general where you just move in the direction you point at.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I really like it :3 I think it'd be kinda difficult to navigate though, unless it's like ice in general where you just move in the direction you point at.

Maybe you get a little paddle and you use the pad as a boat and just navigate through gates made of vines, somewhat like Wattson's gym, and you find a lever and it changes the route of the maze.
God that'd be so cute. I'd never leave. <33

wombateiro
April 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM

There is rock band called Poison like Jellicent said, but I think Homika's design could be reference to Alice Cooper - Poison. I can imagine Homika performing that song, lol.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 07:09 AM
That sounds fun, much better than surfing across a pool... Also, come to think about it how will the new badges will look? Maybe the water gym will be one shaped like a pool, a lake, ect.
Badges! Didn't really think about them until now. I imagine the Poison type Gym Leader to have a band/music related purple badge, and maybe some sort of lily pad badge for the Water type? I don't know, but now that you mention it I can't wait to see at least one of them. :B

There's an 80s rock band called Poison. I'm going with that theory.

I do hope for a Dark-type gym. It'd be fun to see finally. Hopefully they don't make the character too stereotypical, though. All black clothes, gym, depressed atmosphere when talking to the person, etc. I'm excited about all of the new puzzles they'll work into the gyms. <3
Those are always my favorite. I hope Burgh is gone though. He annoyed me. Him and his sticky honey all over the place. Get a mop.
Although there's more of a correlation between Electric and music, I actually find it very much related to Poison as well.

I'm with you on a Dark type gym though. I can just picture how it would look. I'd imagine, (similar to Shauntal) the Gym Leader would mention random quotes that seems more pessimistic like. It would be pretty cool.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Badges! Didn't really think about them until now. I imagine the Poison type Gym Leader to have a band/music related purple badge, and maybe some sort of lily pad badge for the Water type? I don't know, but now that you mention it I can't wait to see at least one of them. :B

Although there's more of a correlation between Electric and music, I actually find it very much related to Poison as well.

I'm with you on a Dark type gym though. I can just picture how it would look. I'd imagine, (similar to Shauntal) the Gym Leader would mention random quotes that seems more pessimistic like. It would be pretty cool.

Oh gosh, I didn't even think of badges. I hope the water is a lily pad like you said, and it has a tiny cute pink flower on it. <33333

Ten bucks says the Poison girl is related to Bret Michaels.

Maybe it could be Shauntal's cousin or something. It'd be cool if his/her gym were more like a dungeon, to add to the dark theme.
Watch it be some guy wearing all pink and yellow, bouncing off the walls with flowers and unicorn farts, and then tosses out a Tyranitar that just completely obliterates your team. That would make me happy.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Shantal's cousin? Pfft no, this theoretical dark gym leader would be related to Grimsley if anyone!

Hmmm so gyms imo:

- normal
- poison
- water
- ice
- rock
- dark
- electric
- bug

Kinda related to the map, and that Nimbasa/Castelia's gym leaders will probably stay. :3

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I'm with you on the last two gym leaders. As much as I don't like Burgh or Elesa's Volt Switch spam, it'd be nice to see two veteran gym leaders with higher leveled Pokemon.
I have to say my picks for the gyms are:

-rock (problem?)
-psychic
-poison (the fact that Whirlipede evolves on level 30 alone)
-steel
-water
-ghost
-electric
-bug

I'm thinking with the water gym there may be a situation like there was with Fantina in D/P, where you had to defeat the other gym leaders and then return to her, based from what I'm looking at on the map.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Well the last two weren't in order but uhh, first three were. Going back to water would kinda suck though. :( After all, B/W made everything easy, then B2W2 making it less "easy", or less like a forced order of events. Why do you think steel though? Cause of the mountains nearby? imo I'd say Driftveil will be something mineral based due to the fact that the first time around it was ground. :x Actually yeah, from the craters it could also be psychic, due to aliens or something dumb like that, lol.

RedJ
April 14th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I agree with the need for a Dark Gym. As for the Rock/Ground types...maybe they could be in the Elite Four for once, instead of a normal Gym?

Also, has it been confirmed that any of the previous Gym Leaders have been replaced? Because I think it's entirely possible for all of them to come back, plus another eight new gyms, giving us a total of 16 Gyms like in G/S/C.

giradialkia
April 14th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'm not only hoping for different Gyms in B2W2, I'm expecting them. Going by GSC/HGSS, they changed up the Elite 4 and some Kanto Gyms in the space of 3 years, and frankly for the sake of originality I'd say Game Freak are at least going to change some of the previous Gym Leaders, if not the types of the Gyms as well.
To be honest I'm pretty indifferent about the announced Gym Leaders so far; I've never particularly gotten excited about Gym Leaders, though- I'm more excited about what the Elite 4's going to be like in B2W2.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Well the last two weren't in order but uhh, first three were. Going back to water would kinda suck though. :( After all, B/W made everything easy, then B2W2 making it less "easy", or less like a forced order of events. Why do you think steel though? Cause of the mountains nearby? imo I'd say Driftveil will be something mineral based due to the fact that the first time around it was ground. :x Actually yeah, from the craters it could also be psychic, due to aliens or something dumb like that, lol.

I was rethinking that, and yeah that would suck to go back. I was thinking steel because maybe Driftveil dug into an iron/silver mine and now the gym leader was inspired and was changed into a Steel type gym? I can see Psychic being Elgyem and junk like that. I love the thought of a space center gym, with the leader being an alien obsessed scientist.

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I'm trying to work out the Gym order from the map and it does look like we're getting more new Gyms. There's like 2 more areas after Shizui's, one having a port so the Castelia would be fifth. No fourth because that'll mean more than eight Gyms in the main storyline.

So my persumed order so far:
Poison
Water
Steel
Bug
Electric
Ground
Flying
Dragon

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I'm trying to work out the Gym order from the map and it does look like we're getting more new Gyms. There's like 2 more areas after Shizui's, one having a port so the Castelia would be fifth. No fourth because that'll mean more than eight Gyms in the main storyline.

So my persumed order so far:
Poison
Water
Steel
Bug
Electric
Ground
Flying
Dragon
I do see the Poison type Gym Leader being the first as well, because she seems to have only two Pokémon with her to challenge you.

http://i.imgur.com/tyflg.png

The Water type Gym/Gym Leader is also shown after Homika in the trailer which leads me to thinking that he would be the second one, and honestly I'm okay with that if so.

Esper
April 14th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I'd be fine without a Dark-type gym. We've gotten used to not having one. I would like to see Rock appear somewhere other than the first gym. It never really gets a chance.

Based on what we know Poison seems like it could very easily be the first gym, which works well. Grass types have a weakness, and water and fire are neutral. Add in the possibility that there are some Poison/Bug types and fire gets an advantage. That seems like a good place to start things.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
I want them to lead with normal ;__;

@Jellicent: Oh right, and also the fact that Clay is into Excadrill, steel seems like a perfect fit.

And @ Scrafty--Scarf: Just because we haven't had dark before doesn't mean we can't now :3 Unova is the region of changes, after all! I'd feel weird if they didn't consider throwing dark into the mix, considering we haven't had poison for like, ever, etc.

TheChaosBlue
April 14th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Seems to me that these two new gym leaders are the only new ones, with the others possibly making a return. They are given the most importance as they are new characters after all.

Not only that, I strongly believe that the the pevious ones, possibly Brycen, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and Drayden/Iris returning.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Seems to me that these two new gym leaders are the only new ones, with the others possibly making a return. They are given the most importance as they are new characters after all.

Not only that, I strongly believe that the the pevious ones, possibly Brycen, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and Drayden/Iris returning.
If only two of the gyms are being replaced with new ones, wouldn't there need to be an explanation as to what happened to the ones that are being replaced?

I'd rather them all be replaced instead of just two, or at least have a well mixture of the old Gyms and their leaders with the new ones. A replacement of Cilan/Chili/Cress could only lead to suspicion if the shadow triad are back in the games. ;)

MagikarpFTW
April 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM
By the trailer it look's like the water gym is in a new town or city and I think that some old gym leaders might come back and it would also be cool if gym leaders from other regions would be new gym leaders in Unova.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 09:52 AM
If only two of the gyms are being replaced with new ones, wouldn't there need to be an explanation as to what happened to the ones that are being replaced?

I'd rather them all be replaced instead of just two, or at least have a well mixture of the old Gyms and their leaders with the new ones. A replacement of Cilan/Chili/Cress could only lead to suspicion if the shadow triad are back in the games. ;)

I can see them removing the triplets. I can also see them being a later gym with evolved and more advanced Pokemon. I would hope that if many leaders are replaced, they would actually explain what happened to the previous leaders, especially considering it is only two years in the future. It's not like it's forty years after the Team Plasma incident at the Pokemon League.

April 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Their disappearance could have something to do with the ice if it's really there.
I do wonder why they chose to have one of the new gym leaders be Water as Cress was already water...
I'm guessing the Water will be the first gym as the rival is next to you when you meet the water gym leader much like how Cheren was with you when you meet N in the first town in BW. Though that would make Tepig have a disadvantage...

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Their disappearance could have something to do with the ice if it's really there.
I do wonder why they chose to have one of the new gym leaders be Water as Cress was already water...
I'm guessing the Water will be the first gym as the rival is next to you when you meet the water gym leader much like how Cheren was with you when you meet N in the first town in BW. Though that would make Tepig have a disadvantage...
But why would Homika only have 2 Pokémon on her team then? If anyone had to be at the first gym, I'd hope it was her for that reason. Plus it would be a major nice change to start off your journey by battling a Poison type gym as a first, and I think that would be fair enough. Snivy would be at the only disadvantage, I suppose.

Blue
April 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Lenora had only 2 Pokémon and she was the second leader but the fact that Homika has been revealed so early could indicate that she is infact the first Gym Leader as well as the fact that she does have two Pokémon. It would be great because there's never been a poison leader for a first gym at all, not even close to it.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
But why would Homika only have 2 Pokémon on her team then? If anyone had to be at the first gym, I'd hope it was her for that reason. Plus it would be a major nice change to start off your journey by battling a Poison type gym as a first, and I think that would be fair enough. Snivy would be at the only disadvantage, I suppose.

Well she COULD be the second. I mean, Lenora only had two Pokemon, but she was the second gym leader, not the first. Of course, it would be a nice little refreshing change of pace rather than the monkey trio/rock type/Pidgey-keeping gym leaders we've had as a first gym.

April 14th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Have they revealed what Pokemon the Poison gym leader has anyways?
Water would be a nice change to, so far it's been 2, 8, and 4/5 so it's only missing 1,3,6, and 7, the water gym could be any of those (why would it be so late you ask if his city appears early? well it can be that we aren't allowed to challenge him until later due to reasons).

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Have they revealed what Pokemon the Poison gym leader has anyways?
Water would be a nice change to, so far it's been 2, 8, and 4/5 so it's only missing 1,3,6, and 7, the water gym could be any of those (why would it be so late you ask if his city appears early? well it can be that we aren't allowed to challenge him until later due to reasons).
Nope, just her design/sprite, part of the gym, and the fact that she will have 2 Pokémon.
Edit: After watching Pokémon Smash, there may be a chance that Homika has a Koffing on her team. It was shown from the clip of the anime so it's not definite.

I don't know, because GF revealed him so early, I'm predicting he'll be found early in the game, and you'll battle him around then as well. Unless he plays an important role. I'd like the Water type gym to be at least the second or third gym though, no need for it to be so late in the game.

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Ok big map! I only see seven Gyms, 5 of the old ones, one for Shizui and two other possible Gyms as one or the other, not both. But I'm probably wrong.

Here's the map. I circled already existing Gyms in Red, Shizui's Gym in Blue, and two other possible Gyms in purple.
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zf791w.gif

What's your take on the Gym locations?

I'm thinking Shizui is the first Gym leader because the funky looking area to the south of Driftveil comes after the little island where I think Shizui's Gym is.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Nope, just her design/sprite, part of the gym, and the fact that she will have 2 Pokémon.
Edit: After watching Pokémon Smash, there may be a chance that Homika has a Koffing on her team. It was shown from the clip of the anime so it's not definite.

I don't know, because GF revealed him so early, I'm predicting he'll be found early in the game, and you'll battle him around then as well. Unless he plays an important role. I'd like the Water type gym to be at least the second or third gym though, no need for it to be so late in the game.

Koffing? I really hope not. :( I'd much rather if the Pokemon from the early gyms were Unova native, so for her to use Trubbish and Venipede! And then after that I'd be fine with using the newer Pokemon. :x

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I'm pretty chill with her having a Koffing. So long as it isn't anything like Seviper or some junk, I'd be good. I would like to see Unova Pokemon in her team, though. I'm mildly hoping for a Politoed to be in the Water leader's team. c:

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Omg, wouldn't it be kinda weird if the water gym leader had Politoed @ DW ability (because of idea of all Pokemon from DW being found) and then Seismitoed and something else with Swift Swim? >__> IF SO, the theory of it being the later gym leader would legit make more sense.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Omg, wouldn't it be kinda weird if the water gym leader had Politoed @ DW ability (because of idea of all Pokemon from DW being found) and then Seismitoed and something else with Swift Swim? >__> IF SO, the theory of it being the later gym leader would legit make more sense.

Oh dear God my hopes are way up too high now. Holy crap. I'm excited. Like, EXTREMELY. DW Politoed in Gym team plz. <3333

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Yeah it seems like Homika will have a Koffing or even a Weezing, considering there is a logo of one in her gym.

http://i.imgur.com/hx9YI.png

Exile
April 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Seems like it, I also assume she'll use a Unova Pkmn as her signature Pkmn since a lot of leaders in Platinum did the same thing, albeit there weren't any new ones and it'd just promote the region in general to have it that way. My bet's on Scolipede, given that it's design is much more refined and fitting for a gym leader than Garbodor, but you never know!

Xander Olivieri
April 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Don't think Dream World will play into main story. Its extra Metagame bonus. Keeping Dream World abilities in the dream world is what I'm hoping for.

@Koffing part. Who is to say Koffing won't be in New Unova? It could appear right before her gym legalizing it. Doesn't make sense if they have new Pokemon in Unova and not utilize them in Gyms. Part of adding more in is to expand new options for in game battles.

Kinda seeing Marill/Azumarill with Water Gym and maybe Lotad/Lombre since he has Lillypads.

Bluerang1
April 14th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I really hope Homika doesn't have a Koffin. I want the whole Unova only Pokemon Gyms to stay. Maybe she'll have Koffing when we rematch her.

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 06:21 PM
@Above - Why? Variety will play into the gyms and Elite Four better. :[

@Karpman - Scolipede seems more "rock band" than Garbodor. ...For sure.

Man, I can't wait to see all of the gyms and their leaders. I'm so curious on which ones are coming and going, and how their gyms and teams are going to be like (especially now that old Pokémon are back).

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I doubt she'll have a Wheezing, considering that since she only has two pokemon, they probably wont have something evolved. Most of the first gym leaders don't. She'll probably have 2 koffings or something.

Jellicent♀
April 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I like the idea of her using a Koffing in her team, to be completely honest.

I'd like to see a gym featuring the alien psychic Pokemon. Maybe like, later in the game the gym Leader have Beheeyem as his/her main Pokemon? And then the gym itself be like a crater field and designed to look like the surface of the moon/Mars, and you use what looks like mine carts on tracks to get from point A to point B in the gym!

April 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Iris if she return will proably have a flygon, or a kingdra, maybe even a dragonite :D!
I see the poison girl having an Ekans or Arbok ( a call back to Team rocket much?)

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I really want to see double battle gym leaders again. They can probably pull off triple battle gym leaders, which I wish they had done for the first gym leader in Black and White.

Killjoy
April 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I think it would be cool if they removed the three leaders from the starter gym, and then they ended up being N's bodyguards (Shadow trio? Can't remember, but that rings a bell)

Oryx
April 14th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I really want to see double battle gym leaders again. They can probably pull off triple battle gym leaders, which I wish they had done for the first gym leader in Black and White.

With Opelucid looking the way it is, it's very possible to have a double battle against the two leaders up there tbh. I would like that, would be kinda challenging considering they have a wider range of Pokemon options now and how powerful Dragons are!

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I doubt she'll have a Wheezing, considering that since she only has two pokemon, they probably wont have something evolved. Most of the first gym leaders don't. She'll probably have 2 koffings or something.
That would suck. It's like Elesa and her two Emolga. I want variety and not repeated Pokémon on their team, if anything Koffing and Scolipede would be the best for her.

I like the idea of her using a Koffing in her team, to be completely honest.

I'd like to see a gym featuring the alien psychic Pokemon. Maybe like, later in the game the gym Leader have Beheeyem as his/her main Pokemon? And then the gym itself be like a crater field and designed to look like the surface of the moon/Mars, and you use what looks like mine carts on tracks to get from point A to point B in the gym!
I can't see them rebuilding their gym after the Elite Four, haha. But that sounds pretty cool. Seems like it would more fit a Psychic type Gym? I'd rather not have one if we're going to have a Poison type (and hopefully a Dark type too!).

@Toujours - You're actually right. An Iris and Drayden double battleee! Very cool.

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Aaaah! A Dark Type gym would be so awesome. The pokemon are awesome and I'm sure they would make a way to make the gym look so cool and creepy.

Forever
April 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM
With Opelucid looking the way it is, it's very possible to have a double battle against the two leaders up there tbh. I would like that, would be kinda challenging considering they have a wider range of Pokemon options now and how powerful Dragons are!

Yessss. And perhaps the Pokemon would vary depending on the version you have, like for B2, Iris has Haxorus, and for W2, Drayden has Haxorus. :3

Xander Olivieri
April 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM

The way Opelucid city is is the same as on the original map. Its just to show possible Game difference. White is old fashioned, Black is more modern.

Oryx
April 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM
The way Opelucid city is is the same as on the original map. Its just to show possible Game difference. White is old fashioned, Black is more modern.

Even with that they still could have a double battle. ;x To mix it up, you know? Make things more interesting!

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM

Well, hopefully they don't make Dragons the last gym again because Dragons get annoying. Have they said anything on where the starting town is?

Kaori
April 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I was thinking they could switch it up and have the sequels have half of the modern Opelucid and half old fashioned, but then I realized we have two sequels. u__u

I think a triple battle gym battle would be more suitable, and I'd like to see that. :( But if Cilan/Cress/Chili are gone, I wonder how that could work out.

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Maybe they'll create some other trio to fight. But they would have to use 3 pokemon that are very similar to each other. Like Panpour, Pansear, and Pansage. What other pokemon are like that?

April 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM
After hearing that Azuril will appear early on in the game I think that the water gym leader will have Marill or maybe even Azumarill, I can also see him having a member of the Politoad, and Semitoad lines due to his gym having lilipad...maybe he could even have a lotad line pokemon.

Bobbyman46
April 14th, 2012, 07:03 PM
He will probably have Ludicolos and stuff like that. If that's the case, I hope the music is really good. Like the Mirror B. music from Pokemon Colosseum.

TRiGa
April 15th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Homika - Poison-type Gym Leader

I was wandering what pokemon do you think she would use in the gym battle. I also want to know what you guys think of what her gym badge will be called.

I speculate
-Koffing
-Venipede

Gym Badge - Acid Badge

Killjoy
April 15th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I think it depends a lot on what order you see her in, and whether or not Berg (sp? bug type gym leader) comes back

Blue
April 15th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I personally love her but yeah it's fun to speculate her team, badge etc.

I'd guess assuming she's the first gym leader:

Foongus Level 12.
Trubbish Level 14
Also something is telling me Skorupi but kinda positive that they will be Unova based so it could also be venipede.

I think the badge will be something like the Tainted Badge or Toxic Badge.

Xander Olivieri
April 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Koffing is in her Anime Team, so Koffing is almost a definite part of her team.

As for second....I honestly don't know seeing as I don't know what other Poison types are available.

April 15th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Yeah Ludicolo would match him, but that's if he's not an early gym leader, if he's the second gym than most likely he'll have lombre as a pokemon.

Blue
April 15th, 2012, 04:56 PM
If older Pokémon are in the Pokédex then I'd hope that the Gym Leaders use some too, I can see the water type leader using a Golduck and yeah Ludicolo would suit him.

PlatinumDude
April 15th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Homika's guitar has adornments that resemble a Scolipede's horns and tails, so I'm guessing that Venipede (or one of its evolved forms if she's one of the later Gym Leaders) would be on her team. Since there are Pokemon from other regions in B2/W2, I'm also guessing that she could have Zubat or Skorupi as well.

April 15th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I hope the gym leaders are tougher than they were in BW, they came off as push overs to me battle wise...only Brycen and Iris gave me a challenge...which is one of the reasons I would like to see these two return.

Bobbyman46
April 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM
OH MY GOD. They really needed to make the gym leaders ALOT stronger. The gym leaders and the Elite Four were both a joke.

April 15th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Well I found the E4 to be hard...
I hope that the levels of the last gym leader's pokemon are high like in the low 50's at least.

antemortem
April 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I will NOT stand to believe that there is either no electric-gym or there will be a new electric Gym Leader, because Elesa was the best thing Game Freak ever invented. Though, I do believe there will finally be a Dark-gym, since that's the only one that's being held out on.

Bobbyman46
April 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
The Elite Four the first time was easy since their levels were in the 50's. The only time I had a little trouble with them was when I fought them a second time and their levels jumped like 15 levels. I also really want to be able to fight gym leaders again in their gyms. I mean, literally go up to them and interact with them after you beat them and fight them again after you beat the Elite Four.

April 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Rematches are a must, I'll be quite disappointed if they don't have one after adding them to every third version (and Johto remakes) since Gen III.
I'm guessing Lenora and the Straiton gym leaders are missing, so if there was third new gym who else could be missing? Clay?

Bobbyman46
April 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I don't know why... but I really want to say the Skyla is gone. She seems like someone who wouldn't be in a sequel... even if she is really hot.

Volcarona
April 15th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Very interesting design here. The blues and pinks remind me of the specks on Trubbish/Garbador. The guitar is reminiscent of the Venipede family. Her Koffing plays on punk/rock skulls...? Regardless of levels, those three work for me.

If they return gym leader rematches, I hope Homika owns a Roserade. It has white hair, has blue/pink/red colors, and is a pun on rock band Poison's "Every rose has its thorn" song.

Badge: Tainted badge. ANOTHER SONG PUN.

edit: looks like she only has two pokeballs. Venipede and Koffing then. Praying for rematches! v_v

antemortem
April 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hmm

Beedrill lv11
Venipede lv11
Koffing lv13

I feel noobish, so I typed that pretty quickly. Also, her hair is so kawaii!

Cherrim
April 15th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Homika - Poison-type Gym Leader

I was wandering what pokemon do you think she would use in the gym battle. I also want to know what you guys think of what her gym badge will be called.

I speculate
-Koffing
-Venipede

Gym Badge - Acid Badge
Merged your thread into the gym speculation discussion.

April 15th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I can see the poison gym leader having Koffin and Ekans, though she'll proably have a Venepede like most have stated.

Boarbeque
April 15th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Im honestly hoping for more than 8 gyms. If they would break the 2 games and then a third tradition, maybe they'll break the 8 gyms tradition.

Oryx
April 15th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Im honestly hoping for more than 8 gyms. If they would break the 2 games and then a third tradition, maybe they'll break the 8 gyms tradition.

Or they could even just have pseudo-gyms. Maybe someone is no longer a gym leader but they chose to keep their gym open as a training place, and you can challenge them even though you don't get a badge for it? It would be interesting without breaking their tradition.

Jellicent♀
April 15th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Or they could even just have pseudo-gyms. Maybe someone is no longer a gym leader but they chose to keep their gym open as a training place, and you can challenge them even though you don't get a badge for it? It would be interesting without breaking their tradition.

Maybe they could use one of those gyms for how they did in HGSS, where all the Gym Leaders will go depending on what day it is and battle you there for a rematch!

Livewire_
April 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Yes yes yes yes a million times yes, a Dark Gym. Make it the 8th and final leader too, so that they're pretty powerful Dark types. >:D

April 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Imagine fighting Iris in a rematch where she could have the like of Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon...she would be a boss ! same goes for Drayden...
If the final gym were dark I'll like for them to have Tyranitar,Hydreigon, Zoroark, Weavile, Houndoom, and Absol (the last three help keep the team from being overpowered).

Forever
April 15th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Imagine fighting Iris in a rematch where she could have the like of Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon...she would be a boss ! same goes for Drayden...
If the final gym were dark I'll like for them to have Tyranitar,Hydreigon, Zoroark, Weavile, Houndoom, and Absol (the last three help keep the team from being overpowered).

From playing NU I can say Absol isn't under powered by any means tbh. :x

As for Iris & Drayden, don't think they should have all the strongest, perhaps mainly Unova ones, since put them together and that's WAY too overpowered imo. :(

[Your Name Here]
April 16th, 2012, 04:09 AM
tbh they might end up swapping the Elite Four and the actual gyms, and have ice/fire/electric/dragon in elite four, and have fighting/dark/psychic/ghost in the actual cities.

Ghost would be located in Icirrus (dragons/legendaries, kind of spooky @ Dragonspiral Tower), Dark would be located in Opelucid (I could see legit dark themes there), Psychic would be located in Nimbasa (I consider Nimbasa as "fun", while ghosts aka what Kanto taught us, are "fun") and the first gym would just be fighting, so that you can't use the wild Pokemon - aka weak to fighting. And... water wouldn't have a gym, as well as grass. :x

I'm pretty sure that water, along with poison, will have a gym.

As for the idea of having a fire-type E4? That's already been used. If they totally switch out the Elite 4, then it'd be cool if they had Electric, Flying, Grass, and Rock. Those types have never been used in the E4. I strongly agree dark should be used as a gym.

If they don't switch out the current E4, I think that Alder will most likely step down from his champion position and have either Marshal or Grimsley take the position. Either Cheren or Bianca (most likely Cheren) could become champion as well, or if not, a new E4 member. As for Drayden, he could become an E4 member, as it's happened before with Koga.

Mew~
April 16th, 2012, 04:15 AM
We've seen Homika with a Koffing in the best wishes previews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKp0awYlae0) so we could easily assume it'll be one of the her Pokémon (I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple) in B2/W2, even if the anime never always give Gym Leaders their Pokémon from the games, but it's most likely. But yeah - I hope she has a Croagunk, idk, it looks like it would fit her personality.

I can't really see her with anything like a Budew or Roselia, I mean - she has that edge about her, she probably likes the more vicious poison types.

As for Shizui, he should totally have a Sharpedo, idk, I sort of see it. Maybe a Panpour or Simipour - mainly due to their similarities in appearance. xD;

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 04:32 AM
We've seen Homika with a Koffing in the best wishes previews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKp0awYlae0) so we could easily assume it'll be one of the her Pokémon (I wouldn't be surprised if she had multiple) in B2/W2, even if the anime never always give Gym Leaders their Pokémon from the games, but it's most likely. But yeah - I hope she has a Croagunk, idk, it looks like it would fit her personality.

I can't really see her with anything like a Budew or Roselia, I mean - she has that edge about her, she probably likes the more vicious poison types.

As for Shizui, he should totally have a Sharpedo, idk, I sort of see it. Maybe a Panpour or Simipour - mainly due to their similarities in appearance. xD;

That you for the link omg
Croagunk seems likely. Given the area that we're playing in, plus every main character seems to have a wetsuit of some sort, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokemon you'd see in a bayou area. I think Roselia would be like that cute twist, though.

I can totally see Shizui with a Sharpedo. He looks like the type of man who would go out into see and wrestle one down. I'm still hoping and pulling for there to be a Politoed on his team, though.

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Sharpedo would be nice, but something like Clamperl would be a good twist, since he seems like he's a diver of sorts. :3

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 04:45 AM
I didn't think of that! o3o
Maybe he'll have a Relicanth! <33333
Gosh, I hope he has more than two Pokemon. I so want his team to now be Clamperl, Simipour, Sharpedo, and Politoed. c:

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Definitely something found underwater, hmmm. Perhaps like a Gorebyss and/or a Huntail, depending on the version you have?

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
That'd be neat! Like, Black 2 he will have a Gorebyss and White 2 he will have a Huntail or something. o3o

And I have to say, if the trio brothers come back and are Gym Leaders again, I think it'd be awesome if they were a triple/rotation battle depending on what version you have.

chaos11011
April 16th, 2012, 05:10 AM
I hope we get a Steel or Grass Gym Leader, as it was impossible to find a trainer in BW with a Ferrothorn :S

Blue
April 16th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I hope the levels are increased of the Gym Leaders and the E4, Black and White wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult, I'd like to see the E4 in mid 50's and increase for each member rather than have them all at 48-50.
Oh and another thing I'd want is to be able to battle the Champion first time rather than wait for the rematches.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:32 AM
I thought the levels of the first few leaders was just dandy. It's when it got later in the game that it was getting too easy. Like Drayden/Iris definitely needed higher level Pokemon.

Mew~
April 16th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Oh and another thing I'd want is to be able to battle the Champion first time rather than wait for the rematches.
I didn't really mind this, it was part of the story and the cut scenes were awesome, but yeah - it probably won't happen a second time anyway. Still - I wouldn't mind if it were necessary.

Oh, I'm starting to think about Gen 1-4 Pokémon some of the B/W Gym Leaders will have now, considering a lot of them will keep their places. There's also that speculation on more than 8 gyms too, which I'd love. I wonder if any of the previous gym leaders will have been promoted to Elite Four. D:

Oryx
April 16th, 2012, 05:42 AM
I really hope the triple leaders don't come back. I would find that terribly annoying if there were two of the same type gym in one region. I want the triplets to have it revealed that they're the Shadow Triad since they no longer have a gym to hang around ;x

Blue
April 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM
I really hope the triple leaders don't come back. I would find that terribly annoying if there were two of the same type gym in one region. I want the triplets to have it revealed that they're the Shadow Triad since they no longer have a gym to hang around ;x

I doubt they would otherwise for those who chose Tepig would have to deal with 2 water Gym Leaders and that's something they wouldn't do. As you've said there are signs that indicate that they are infact the Shadow Triad but that could just be a coincidence but I think we should learn more about them regardless.

April 16th, 2012, 06:51 AM
If there were to more than the 8 bw and the 2 confirmed new gyms,where would the rest be? I can see a a fire gym in Undella city based on a sun theme.

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Fire? Nah. :x Water would actually be the most appropriate. Ground possibly because of the sand but I feel like in general although there's sunshine, fire just... wouldn't work out there. XD;

In Lacunosa, I'd love to see a ghost gym btw. Just seems creepy and haunted and the appropriate place. :3

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Fire? Heck no. Fire is a little more destructive, wild, and angry. Undella Town is the exact opposite of all of that. xD
If Undella EVER got a Gym, I would expect Ground or Water.

I'm hoping for a Fighting Type Gym in some city somewhere (lookit me, Mr. Details).

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Fighting hmmm. I'd say fighting could fit in @ Striaton tbh. It's pratically the opposite to normal (sorta?) and the people there kinda have a fighting spirit, or at least Lenora does. ;x

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Isn't Striation City the one with the triplets?

But I could totally see it where the Driftveil gym was.

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
ffff I ALWAYS GOT STRIATON AND NACRENE MIXED UP. /hide in shame

Well I guess it'd make sense if you could find psychic Pokemon in the craters and then a fighting gym nearby so "Unova makes it easier" once again. :3

[Your Name Here]
April 16th, 2012, 07:43 AM
The Elite Four the first time was easy since their levels were in the 50's. The only time I had a little trouble with them was when I fought them a second time and their levels jumped like 15 levels. I also really want to be able to fight gym leaders again in their gyms. I mean, literally go up to them and interact with them after you beat them and fight them again after you beat the Elite Four.

At least the E4's levels weren't in the 40's, like in Gold and Silver.

I'd really prefer that the E4's levels were in the mid 50's to low 60's.

Cello
April 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Speaking of levels, I certainly hope the Gym Leaders/E4 members pack a little more in their party this time and not 4 POKEMON for the first playthrough.
That made the gyms feel like more of a minor inconvenience rather than a challenge.

[Your Name Here]
April 16th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Speaking of levels, I certainly hope the Gym Leaders/E4 members pack a little more in their party this time and not 4 POKEMON for the first playthrough.
That made the gyms feel like more of a minor inconvenience rather than a challenge.

This.
Also, I wish the last gym leaders don't have ONLY THREE POKEMON.
That's just pathetic compared to the 4-5 Pokemon the last gym leaders for the other regions have when you battle them.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM
ffff I ALWAYS GOT STRIATON AND NACRENE MIXED UP. /hide in shame

Well I guess it'd make sense if you could find psychic Pokemon in the craters and then a fighting gym nearby so "Unova makes it easier" once again. :3

SO MUCH FOR B/W MOD. Is kk, embrace your shame. I get it mixed up, dos.

That would be awesome. x.x (still pulling for alien psychic gym)
Solosis, Duosin, Reun-shamalan or w/e it is. etc. But I just saw the Lacunosa being Ghost, and I have to say I semi-agree. I think Village Bridge should be made into a little town, and then put it there for a Ghost gym. Idk, just a little more...ghostly, to me. xD

HyperXhydra
April 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM
;7134617']At least the E4's levels weren't in the 40's, like in Gold and Silver.

I'd really prefer that the E4's levels were in the mid 50's to low 60's.

The Hardness doesn't depend on the levels, HG/SS elite four were harder than BW.

Esper
April 16th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Fire? Heck no. Fire is a little more destructive, wild, and angry. Undella Town is the exact opposite of all of that. xD
If Undella EVER got a Gym, I would expect Ground or Water.

I'm hoping for a Fighting Type Gym in some city somewhere (lookit me, Mr. Details).
Lavaridge Town had a fire gym and it has relaxing hot springs and some elderly people. Not exactly wild and angry. The town and gym don't have to match up too obviously. Castelia City has a bug gym, after all, not steel or whatever else you would expect from a giant city.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Lavaridge Town had a fire gym and it has relaxing hot springs and some elderly people. Not exactly wild and angry. The town and gym don't have to match up too obviously. Castelia City has a bug gym, after all, not steel or whatever else you would expect from a giant city.

It's really all perspective. I actually would expect a Bug gym in a big city. Ever seen how many cockroaches crawl around Main Street? But with a beach town, idk, it just doesn't seem even close to a fire type gym. Lavaridge was at least on the ridge of an active volcano connected to a hot springs heated by said volcano.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
It's really all perspective. I actually would expect a Bug gym in a big city. Ever seen how many cockroaches crawl around Main Street? But with a beach town, idk, it just doesn't seem even close to a fire type gym. Lavaridge was at least on the ridge of an active volcano connected to a hot springs heated by said volcano.
Lavaridge... -drool- :B

I see your point, but it would be nice to have a Fire type Gym. I'd like to see the Gym Leader use a Volcarona on their team. :L

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Lavaridge... -drool- :B

I see your point, but it would be nice to have a Fire type Gym. I'd like to see the Gym Leader use a Volcarona on their team. :L

Oh lawd, Burgh with a Volcarona. Now we're talkin'. B]
It WOULD be nice to have a fire gym, though. Maybe Chili went all independent and opened up his own! Like, a restaurant that specializes in spicy food! 8D

April 16th, 2012, 12:31 PM
^ That would ruin the trio though :(
Well we already have ground and water that's why I proposed fire (as without the trio it releases them). Hopefully there will be another steel gym, they could have a Metagross ^_^

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM
OR my Psychic-alien-themed gym could have a Metagross that represents the SPACE SHIP. <3
I think that would be cool. A Psychic gym with a Duosin, Beheeyem, and a Metagross. <3
That would be awesome. Craters all over the gym that double as a trampoline to mimic literal moon walking. <3

And as far as the trio goes, I don't care. They need to be split. They spend way too much time together.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'd rather a Dark type gym. It would get dull if we had Poison, Dark, and Psychic gyms all at once. :[

April 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
A space theme gym would be great, I can imagine it being an observitory with a night sky theme:D!

Well they are triplets, plus that'll mean they aren't the shadow triad :(.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I'd rather a Dark type gym. It would get dull if we had Poison, Dark, and Psychic gyms all at once. :[

Oh I want Dark, too. But I just really REALLY want a Psychic gym...with aliens.
But I'm wondering who the leader would be if there were a Dark gym. MAYBE GRIMSLEY. Like, if he retired from the Elite Four, updated his wardrobe, and then started anew with a Gym!

April 16th, 2012, 12:56 PM
That's possible, after all Blue went from Champ to Gym leader, while Wallance went the other way, so why not go from E4 to Gym. I imagine his gym being a large mansion with things creeping in the dark...though that sounds a little ghosty...

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM
That's possible, after all Blue went from Champ to Gym leader, while Wallance went the other way, so why not go from E4 to Gym. I imagine his gym being a large mansion with things creeping in the dark...though that sounds a little ghosty...

Maybe just a FABULOUS black gold and red mansion, just colored in dark shades, traps and such. But everything clean, new, and sparkly from all of the gold.
He's tacky like that. That would make for an awesome gym.

April 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Maybe just a FABULOUS black gold and red mansion, just colored in dark shades, traps and such. But everything clean, new, and sparkly from all of the gold.
He's tacky like that. That would make for an awesome gym.

I can totally see that ^_^. I imagine his team will be similar to his rematch E4 team in BW.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I can totally see that ^_^. I imagine his team will be similar to his rematch E4 team in BW.

I really hope that if he is the Gym Leader, that he replace his Liepard with an Absol. I think I saw one of those next to a Pelipper in the trailer. Which would be MUCH better than a Liepard, let's face it. Maybe even a Tyranitar!

chaos11011
April 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I like Liepard ;w;

Maybe the Gyms that are frozen could become the new E4? Also, where would Grimsley's Gym be?

Xander Olivieri
April 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM
The Hardness doesn't depend on the levels, HG/SS elite four were harder than BW.

I disagree completely. HG/SS's E4 was so laughably easy. It took me 30 mins to get pass all 5 trainers my first run through with all my Pokemon 5 levels lower than Will's Pokemon.

I have to train to near Ghetsis's level and it still took me seven tries to beat the E4 in Black. I have to completely change my team and strategy three times before I got a group that worked. B/W was the most challenging E4 battle I've had since Red and Blue before I discovered the Missingno Trick.

As for possible gyms...I can see a Fire Gym replacing one of the other Gyms if Lenora, the Triplets or one of the other gyms closed. Hoping for a Dark Gym. Really want a Dark Gym.

Undella wouldn't be water since we already know of a new Water Gym Leader and he could be in the other new port city. If Clay is still Gym Leader in Driftvell, I don't see a Ground gym being there either. And with Undella being one of the Cities not visible on the current map I don't think it'll have a gym.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I like Liepard ;w;

Maybe the Gyms that are frozen could become the new E4? Also, where would Grimsley's Gym be?
Aw, Grimsley is too epic to be a Gym Leader. u_u I never actually thought about where the Dark type Gym would go which is pretty interesting, because I don't know which place in Unova actually looks and feels "scary".

chaos11011
April 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Using it's myth, Lacunosa Town could be the potential Dark Gym, as people don't go out at night.

Undella Town can be a Rock Gym. Tirtouga and Archen <33

♠Dawn Rayne♠
April 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
It would be totally awesome if a leader from another region took over for someone. I hope Elesa and the Triplets are all there still though! How cool would it be if a Kanto leader were here or maybe even Jasmine? I like the look of the new leaders they revealed so far though. I am guessing half new and half from the original?

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I am guessing half new and half from the original?
That's what some of us believe, or at least hope so. I still believe it would be awkward to receive two new Gym Leaders and leave it at that. I want new gyms but at the same time, I'd like for most of the others to return to their gyms as well. How could this work out? u___u;

Hmm, now that I think about it 10 gyms in total is even and fair (better than 16 I suppose). So receiving two new Gym Leaders instead of a whole pack would be okay.

Bobbyman46
April 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Well maybe there will be none of the gym leaders from black and white! Perhaps all the gym leaders in B&W2 will be new.

April 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I hope not, I'll like to see at least some of the original gym leaders return.
If I had to pick four, I'll like for Elesa, Skyla, Brycen, and Iris to stick around.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I'd actually be satisfied if it were a whole new League, really. Maybe they got so scarred from the N event or so successful they moved on from the Gyms and whatnot.

Bobbyman46
April 16th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I definitely think that the Dragon leaders are going to stay. They seem like ones that would.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I hope not, I'll like to see at least some of the original gym leaders return.
If I had to pick four, I'll like for Elesa, Skyla, Brycen, and Iris to stick around.
Don't forget Clay! I loved Clay. :[

I'd really like for a mixture of new gyms and old gyms. There could be a few retirements in replace for different dreams the Gym Leaders may have had and went after instead. Maybe Elesa could be a full time model?

Forever
April 16th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I want Clay's gym to be destroyed, seriously with the craters there it implies that the gym itself could also have been affected.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Don't forget Clay! I loved Clay. :[

Maybe Elesa could be a full time model?

I was actually thinking maybe these two retired. Like her modeling career took off and he became this big tycoon in trading goods, like bigger than he was originally. And Maybe Burgh moved on as a full time artist with his own, new, giant gallery. Lenora working on just the museum and researching the events that took place at N's castle and what led up to it, Skyla focusing on being a pilot, Brycen focusing on training, Iris and Drayden being the protectors of the city or w/e. I just think it'd be fun to see where they've come in the past few years.

April 16th, 2012, 05:27 PM
If Elesa is gone then maybe that new building next to the Ferris wheel is the new gym...
Perhaps some of the gym leaders were ousted out by the new gym leader much like Sabrina did to the Karate King in Kanto before rbgy's time.

Kaori
April 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I was actually thinking maybe these two retired. Like her modeling career took off and he became this big tycoon in trading goods, like bigger than he was originally. And Maybe Burgh moved on as a full time artist with his own, new, giant gallery. Lenora working on just the museum and researching the events that took place at N's castle and what led up to it, Skyla focusing on being a pilot, Brycen focusing on training, Iris and Drayden being the protectors of the city or w/e. I just think it'd be fun to see where they've come in the past few years.
Iris is still pretty young, so I'd say Drayden would leave the gym up to her if anything.

I'd like it if that happened, and there was some insight in-game telling us exactly that, rather than us receiving completely new Gym Leaders without knowing where the others went.

Bobbyman46
April 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm definitely starting to think that Iris will stay in because she IS in the anime and they aren't that keen off killing off characters like that. Since the anime SOMEWHAT follows the video game story line. You know, the whole Team Plasma try to stop them from taking over the world thing.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Iris is still pretty young, so I'd say Drayden would leave the gym up to her if anything.

I'd like it if that happened, and there was some insight in-game telling us exactly that, rather than us receiving completely new Gym Leaders without knowing where the others went.

Well yeah we'd need SOME sort of explanation. Plus, maybe the Karate King can take over Brycen. If anyone noticed, he's actually one of Brycen's gym trainers! c:
So maybe he'll finally regain his title as the Gym Leader and actually have a Fighting type gym! That'd be cool!

April 16th, 2012, 05:39 PM
^ I hope so too, I don't want this to be another Agatha and Lolerei (they implied her reason for leaving in the remakes though)...even to this day we don't know what became of Agatha...
As for the triplets story, they could've become full time waiters or left Unova (cough shadow triad cough). Burgh could simply have decided to work on his art.

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
^ I hope so too, I don't want this to be another Agatha and Lolerei (they implied her reason for leaving in the remakes though)...even to this day we don't know what became of Agatha...
As for the triplets story, they could've become full time waiters or left Unova (cough shadow triad cough). Burgh could simply have decided to work on his art.

Agatha died. B[
lol jk, but yeah I hope they give explanations. Maybe the triplets became full time restaurant owners? No idea, but I'd love it if they just gave some sort of explanation as to what happened with everyone. if they didn't, though, I'd be pretty ok with it. As long as the gyms are original and fun to challenge, I'm good.

April 16th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't...I can't take plot holes especially for important characters like the gym leaders...
Maybe there is a different Unova conferance than the one in BW that uses different gym leaders.

Kenshin5
April 16th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I can see multiple changes with Gym Leaders either leaving altogether, getting promoted to Elite Four, or maybe even relocating.

Cilan, Chili, and Cress - Too me they seem like the easiest to replace. In the anime both Cilan and Chili aren't even running the game as they both went on their separate travels. And obviously with Shizui we don't need another Water leader, so I don't see a use for Cress either.

Lenora - I can see her attended to work at the Museum, so I don't necessarily see her too be a gym leader. I would prefer a Grass type in Nacrene since Pin Wheel Forrest is around there and other forest area as well.

Burgh - I'd like to see him relocate like Blaine did. Obviously the circumstances are different but he seemed out of place in Castelia. I'd rather see him in another City or Town. Anville town may be good for him since he is out there with a lot of wooded area.

Elesa - I wouldn't mind her staying out Nimbasa gym, just rework her team for heavens sake. Two annoying Emolga seriously. Give here something like Ampharos, Eeleltrik(since she had Tynamo in the anime) additions to her team and cut one of the Emolga.

Clay - He can retire as a wealthy tycoon and maybe loan his place out to a Rock gym which is what I would prefer to see there. I don't see him or care to see him play much of a role as a leader personally.

Skyla - There is another airport in East Unova on the dubbed "Grey Mountain". So they could relocate her there if they wish. I still see her staying in Mistralton.

Brycen - I honestly don't know what he will do or what his role will be. But the key pokemon in this game is Kyurem which is an Ice poke, so I can see an Ice type either Gym Leader or Elite Four member, so him staying I can see that happen.

Drayden - I always felt he would be promoted to Elite Four, but then again he could also be stuck being the mayor of Opelucid City and still be leader there.

Iris - Also being another anime main character, I don't know what she could be doing then, but I can see her be in Opelucid as well.

I can see 16 gym leaders, but that may be a stretch until we get farther info.

First two seem to be Homika as first gym leader and Shizui as the second one. So lets hope we get farther news soon. And hoping we get gyms in places like Anville, Lacunosa, Undella.

Bag0n
April 16th, 2012, 07:29 PM
The water gym leader has hair that looks like sharpedo.
sharpedo = water + dark type
o_0

Cid
April 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
It would make sense if they make a Dark-type Gym now, especially with Game Freak being more unpredictable than ever.

I agree with Kenshin5 on the triplets being replaced easily, having another Water-type Gym Leader kinda makes it redundant for Cress. A Grass-type Gym Leader in Nacrene to replace Lenora would also make sense, although Nacrene settling with Lenora isn't too far-fetched. Actually, all of Kenshin5's predictions make sense, but I think they will probably remove most of the Gyms in established towns instead of refurbishing them with new Gym Leaders.

I can see Game Freak replacing them with new ones in the Gym-less towns both old and new. And with that, I think explaining each old Gym Leader's fate would be necessary, although that wouldn't be too hard since most of them can have imaginable new lives from their own little hobbies and professions aside from Pokémon training. Or they could surprise us and give us sixteen gyms like GSC did, as some of you suggested.

Speaking of GSC, why not another type-less Gym like the one Blue had?

Also, what do you guys think the badges would look like (especially Homika's and Shizui's)? Will they all be thin and vertical like the ones from B/W?

Jellicent♀
April 16th, 2012, 08:13 PM
It would make sense if they make a Dark-type Gym now, especially with Game Freak being more unpredictable than ever.

I agree with Kenshin5 on the triplets being replaced easily, having another Water-type Gym Leader kinda makes it redundant for Cress. A Grass-type Gym Leader in Nacrene to replace Lenora would also make sense, although Nacrene settling with Lenora isn't too far-fetched. Actually, all of Kenshin5's predictions make sense, but I think they will probably remove most of the Gyms in established towns instead of refurbishing them with new Gym Leaders.

I can see Game Freak replacing them with new ones in the Gym-less towns both old and new. And with that, I think explaining each old Gym Leader's fate would be necessary, although that wouldn't be too hard since most of them can have imaginable new lives from their own little hobbies and professions aside from Pokémon training. Or they could surprise us and give us sixteen gyms like GSC did, as some of you suggested.

Also, what do you guys think the badges would look like (especially Homika's and Shizui's)? Will they all be thin and vertical like the ones from B/W?

I could see a type-less Gym, but I don't see it being too popular. I think the only reason Blue had so much popularity was because he was Red's rival. The only way, I think, for that to work is if they actually made the type-less Gym to work is if they built on the Leader a lot, making him a main character in the plot line. For them to just drop him/her in there would be like a slap in the face of "Where the heck did this person come from and why are they there?"
Really the only person I could see doing this successfully was Cheren, and that would only be if he had something to do with the plot line of Black 2 and White 2.

As far as the badges go, I honestly hope for more vertical, sleek badges. They were a nice change, and actually looked a lot cooler, imo, than the ones that had the weird shapes and what not to set themselves apart. The Pokemon League, imo, should be consistent, almost like a fashion collection. A fashion collection is a collection of things that form a theme, or are similar in character or design. The badges of Black and White gave that impression, and I would love to see them do it all over again. Still keeping the slim design, but giving each it's own personality.

Livewire_
April 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I want the badges to revert to Pre-BW shapes and names. They all looked the same, like quite literally. The badges looked nothing like the types they were supposed to represent in most cases. :/ Bring back the older designs please.

And don't forget a Dark type Gym leader.

Kenshin5
April 16th, 2012, 09:30 PM

Only reason I am a bit apprehensive about a whole lot of changes is this is a two year gap. Out of the Kanto gym leaders two were replaced in that three year gap be that of Koga(promoted to Elite Four) with Janine and Giovanni(he would seem to have to flee after he was found out to be Team Rocket leader) so he was replaced by Blue. Circumstances are different and also they didn't expand Kanto like they did Unova so there is that too.

I don't really see a remove though. I think it would be a waste not having gyms in huge towns like Castelia and Nimbasa. I think refurbishing to meet the gym leaders specifications is more of a likelihood then outright no gym in that town.

I could see a type-less Gym, but I don't see it being too popular. I think the only reason Blue had so much popularity was because he was Red's rival. The only way, I think, for that to work is if they actually made the type-less Gym to work is if they built on the Leader a lot, making him a main character in the plot line. For them to just drop him/her in there would be like a slap in the face of "Where the heck did this person come from and why are they there?"
Really the only person I could see doing this successfully was Cheren, and that would only be if he had something to do with the plot line of Black 2 and White 2.

Cheren would definitely strike me as the only BW character too pull that off. And I hope if they did do that they hold him off till later.

Mew~
April 17th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Yes, it is just two years, just honestly given the circumstances, we've already noticed a lot of changes within the game. If this whole frozen Unova story is true, there happens to be four gyms that have been frozen over, which could sort of explain four new gym leaders, which include the two already revealed, but it's a little hard to speculate so accurately when half of Unova is covered.

I quite like the idea of another type-less gym, but I suppose what could be an interested gym would be one that covers a certain group of Pokémon. Say, Eeveelutions, which I could certainly see happening (the Kimono Girls give a nice image of it I suppose, but I'm looking in a much different direction, given that - I'd love to see the Kimono Girl's make a cameo/going off topic) but yeah, there are certain groups of Pokémon that could work - like a gym that could specialise in a certain body style. Does that sound a little too Farfetch'd?

Bobbyman46
April 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Yes, it is just two years, just honestly given the circumstances, we've already noticed a lot of changes within the game. If this whole frozen Unova story is true, there happens to be four gyms that have been frozen over, which could sort of explain four new gym leaders, which include the two already revealed, but it's a little hard to speculate so accurately when half of Unova is covered.

I quite like the idea of another type-less gym, but I suppose what could be an interested gym would be one that covers a certain group of Pokémon. Say, Eeveelutions, which I could certainly see happening (the Kimono Girls give a nice image of it I suppose, but I'm looking in a much different direction, given that - I'd love to see the Kimono Girl's make a cameo/going off topic) but yeah, there are certain groups of Pokémon that could work - like a gym that could specialise in a certain body style. Does that sound a little too Farfetch'd?

I think the whole body style is getting a bit too specific for gyms XD

Kaori
April 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I'd like to see a Gym Leader that specializes in strategy. Sort of like Norman in RSE, but better. The trainers of Norman's gym used certain items to boost their Pokémon in a stat, but this time I could see trainers of the gym using certain techniques that work with the Pokémon they have. This could work for the Gym Leader too, but of course he/she would have better techniques than the trainers.

chaos11011
April 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Like for example, a Leader who exploits Baton Pass Strategy or one that uses Stall Tatics?

That would be pretty cool.

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
I'd like to see a Gym Leader that specializes in strategy. Sort of like Norman in RSE, but better. The trainers of Norman's gym used certain items to boost their Pokémon in a stat, but this time I could see trainers of the gym using certain techniques that work with the Pokémon they have. This could work for the Gym Leader too, but of course he/she would have better techniques than the trainers.

Ooh, like a status affliction Gym! With Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-o-wisp, Spore, Sing, Attract, etc etc! That would be awesome. Or maybe one that does specialize in status increasing/decreasing. Like, a combo of Amnesia and Captivate or something like that!

Kaori
April 17th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Like for example, a Leader who exploits Baton Pass Strategy or one that uses Stall Tatics?

That would be pretty cool.
Yes! That would be a very fun challenge. :D

Ooh, like a status affliction Gym! With Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-o-wisp, Spore, Sing, Attract, etc etc! That would be awesome. Or maybe one that does specialize in status increasing/decreasing. Like, a combo of Amnesia and Captivate or something like that!
This on the other hand, would be a very irritating challenge. n____n; Not saying that I wouldn't like a challenge, I love stall battles, they're my favorite. I could just see people complaining several times, if this were to happen haha. Just for that, GF should do it.

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Yes! That would be a very fun challenge. :D

This on the other hand, would be a very irritating challenge. n____n; Not saying that I wouldn't like a challenge, I love stall battles, they're my favorite. I could just see people complaining several times, if this were to happen haha. Just for that, GF should do it.

Oh gosh I would rage at Norman's Gym in Emerald with that STUPID Wigglytuff with Defense-Curl, but it was so fun. I think GF should do this too, JUST because it'll annoy people. But it would be fun trying to work around the strategy.

chaos11011
April 17th, 2012, 04:25 PM
If GF were to focus on that, their Stall Team shouldn't be just pure status like Toxic, as we have our Full Restores at disposal.

I would much rather them use Entry Hazards + Dragon Tail/Roar or TrickScarfing and other shenanigans like that along with the Status tatics.

April 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM
A gym stall team would most likely consist of defensive types that can set status, or entry moves such as Ferrothorn.

Forever
April 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I...don't think they'd change how gyms basically are. :x Sure a gym leader could use a more defensive type of team but I don't think they'd remove the typings to specialise entirely in that, unless you meant stick to the typings still, but maybe the entire gym could be... defensive of one type, oh God, not fun. >__>;

Livewire_
April 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM
A Rock/Ground/Steel type leader running stall pokes + status abusers like Shuckle, Steelix, etc, would suck. I'd much rather they keep it simple and just stick with the monotype theme.

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I...don't think they'd change how gyms basically are. :x Sure a gym leader could use a more defensive type of team but I don't think they'd remove the typings to specialise entirely in that, unless you meant stick to the typings still, but maybe the entire gym could be... defensive of one type, oh God, not fun. >__>;

Yeah I didn't think they would dare change the Gyms concept of being one type, but one type, plus a defensive strategy sounds like a BLAST. xD
Maybe Shizui will have a Rain Dance theme that recovers, speeds up, and totally SWEEPS team with Swift Swim and such, and then the reward be Rain Dance. That would only escalate my current love for him.

Oryx
April 17th, 2012, 09:36 PM

I would like that, it would be another aspect of the Gym Leader's personality tbh. Like Lenora, she seems really patient, so she could have a really defensive team so she could try to stall, but leaders like Elesa who are really confident and young would have really aggressive Pokemon.

That would also open it up to giving Iris and Drayden entirely different teams based on that aspect. :3

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I would like that, it would be another aspect of the Gym Leader's personality tbh. Like Lenora, she seems really patient, so she could have a really defensive team so she could try to stall, but leaders like Elesa who are really confident and young would have really aggressive Pokemon.

That would also open it up to giving Iris and Drayden entirely different teams based on that aspect. :3

Oooooh~
I didn't even think of that. I love it!
But I could see it as this should they be back again:
Iris is loving and adores everything about her Pokemon, so in her carefulness, I could see her wanting to play the defensive, as to not let her Pokemon get too badly damage.
Where as the rough, tough, wise Drayden, while also caring about his Pokemon, understands the importance of a good, strong hit, so I could see his team playing the offensive with high powered moves.

Forever
April 17th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah I didn't think they would dare change the Gyms concept of being one type, but one type, plus a defensive strategy sounds like a BLAST. xD
Maybe Shizui will have a Rain Dance theme that recovers, speeds up, and totally SWEEPS team with Swift Swim and such, and then the reward be Rain Dance. That would only escalate my current love for him.

Ooh, rain dance, yeah that'd be appropriate, but still such a waste of a TM. Think of the potential there! He could offer us so many others, maybe something that rain boosts - like Hurricane, if that weren't already appropriate for Skyla's gym (but then again she may not even have a gym!)

Mew~
April 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM
A Rain Dance theme doesn't really suit him in my opinion, he seems to be the type that loves sunny weather, just look at his tan...

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Ludicolo or something, it would certainly fit the gym style. And it could use Synthesis, cause yeah...

Forever
April 18th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Ludicolo could also fit in nicely in his team. Don't really see him as a person with a sunshine-based team. :x Perhaps maybe something like Wingull/Pelliper or Swanna/Ducklett, either of them could fit into his team, though, since they're sorta sunshine-based but primarily rain-based. :3

Esper
April 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Speaking of Iris and Drayden, I'm still holding out hope that we get more gym differences in the two games. Theirs were the same team, just with different genders. So like in White you get to face a team that's more offensively-focused and in Black you get one that's more defensive.

antemortem
April 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Brings up a good point...

East Unova lacks Gyms. Those would be prime places for them, but some of the towns are covered in Ice... I'm very curious as to how this will play out.

April 18th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Perhaps the dark gym will be located in the east once the ice melts (again if it's really there at all), I can see in Kyurem's old town, perhaps you can access it until after the legendary is caught like in RSEDPPtHgSs.

Cid
April 19th, 2012, 12:35 AM
I think they could do that with the Dark-type Gym. They will probably make this certain Gym that deals with the "Evil" type (the type is called that in Japanese, if I remember correctly) for the first time more special, maybe taking a few tricks from the manga and involving the Gym Leader with the evil force in the game. I would find that absolutely thrilling.

About the Gyms centered on a specific strategy, I personally love the idea. Although certain people in Game Freak do have an odd taste for making up strategies, with them giving Darmanitan Zen Mode for one. But with that aside, I can trust them in making Gyms that are not too game-breaking yet still fun and challenging.

Agreed on Shizui having Ludicolo. Or one of its pre-evolutions if he's an early Gym. He'll probably give away Scald as a TM, though, not Hurricane (although I sure wish he'd do the latter).

Forever
April 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Oh right @ previous post, yeah with all the things going on in Driftveil, perhaps he could've got one of his Pokemon to go into Cold Storage to be able to give it out (Scald that is). Don't know what type of Pokemon that'd hint to him having :(

April 19th, 2012, 08:35 PM
^ Well I checked, and it appears that all the Pokemon we have speculated about such as Poliwag, Azurill, and Lotad lines can learn it, so he could very well have scald as a move. It kind of fits the tropical nature of where he lives (it looks tropical in the scans) as the water is warm.
I see the Poison gym leader giving out Poison shock as her tm, and having a member of Venipede line as it can learn that move, plus her gitar design.

Forever
April 19th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Poison Shock... Venoshock you mean? Or is there another idk about? ;x Well she could always give out Sludge Wave/Bomb, depending on how much she wants power in her poison times but it might be too much for an early gym :x

Jellicent♀
April 19th, 2012, 08:51 PM
^Well Lenora gave out Retaliate which is a decently powerful move, and she was only the second gym. Lt. Surge used to give out Thunderbolt, Bugsy with U-turn. These were all relatively early gym sand they each had some pretty decen prizes if you ask me.So I could see her having Sludge Bomb/wave for sure.

Forever
April 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hmm okay, Sludge Bomb it is! Wave they might consider "too overpowered" due to idk. I prefer using Sludge Bomb ANYWAYS. Oh God what if she gave out Poison Sting >___>

Kaori
April 20th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Hmm okay, Sludge Bomb it is! Wave they might consider "too overpowered" due to idk. I prefer using Sludge Bomb ANYWAYS. Oh God what if she gave out Poison Sting >___>
...That would really suck. u_u

But I can see her giving out Sludge Bomb. I love that move!

Jellicent♀
April 20th, 2012, 02:32 AM
Sludge Bomb is da bomb. :'D (lamejoke)
But really what else could it be other than Toxic? As much as I love that move it just feels wrong for her, ya know? Of course it could just be regular ol' Venoshock.

Forever
April 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM
OH TOXIC YES. I kinda disagree since I think that'll be the perfect TM for her gym since it's early on, it's useful, but not TOO useful that it'll give you too much of an advantage. :3

Blue
April 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM
If it's the first Gym then it won't be Sludge Bomb because IIRC it has a power of 90 and that's way too high for that point in the game, Toxic would suit it nice but a hit landing move would also be decent, Venoshock or Poison Tail if it can be implemented into a TM.

Jellicent♀
April 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
True, but she seems like the kind of gal that'll just be like "Koffing, use Veno-SHOCK! -plays epic guitar solo-"
Where as Toxic seems like it'd be like "Koffing, use Toxic. -plucks a few guitar strands-"
xD
But I do like Toxic, a LOT, so I hope she has it.

I think Shizui should have Scald. That'd be an awesome move to have. Warm water is common on beaches and such. Plus who doesn't love a hot bath after being on a beach all day? That, and it's on of the only two TMs, so it's either that or Rain Dance. xD

Esper
April 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
It would be pretty interesting if each gym leader gave you a TM with a move that helped you against the next gym leader. Like, say, if Homika is first and you get a poison move and Shizui does use something in the Lotad line you'd have an advantage over that.

Forever
April 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Hmmm okay so then logically Driftveil will remain to be... ground, since Scald would help that. :(((

garjora
April 20th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I just hope they make the gyms more challenging.

Jellicent♀
April 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM
@ Forever: Well I wouldn't say it'd HAVE to be Ground. I mean, look at the transfer from Elesa to Clay. How on earth will Volt Switch help against his team? And then Clay to Skyla, how will Bulldoze hit her Pokemon? And then Brycen has a type advantage over Skyla's Pokemon. While Acrobatics does normal damage to his Pokemon, his type has an advantage over flying type, which Acrobatics is a flying type move.

Forever
April 20th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Well the games do seem kinda opposite to B/W. So the gyms could work in reverse benefit - aka what Scarf said! Not impossible imo given that everything seems to be surprising. :3

Jellicent♀
April 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Oui, but it would SUCK if it was a hard hitting Poison type attack, and they throw in a Steel type Gym right after Homika. D;
I'd have to cry. But if they DID do something where each gym had an advantage over the one before it, imo, it would feel a bit too much like G/S/C HG/SS. Flying, Bug, Normal, Ghost, Fighting, Steel, Ice, Dragon.

Oryx
April 20th, 2012, 10:50 AM
It's not a guitar, it's a bass.
it's a bass
it's a bass
IT'S A BASS

---

...Ahem. I wouldn't want the "gym has an advantage over the one before it", just because people would probably use that as the "too easy" argument - giving you a TM in the town before that will help you in the next town without fail.

sonia789
April 20th, 2012, 01:53 PM
If Cilan/Cress/Chili appear, I think you might have a multi triple battle, probably with with your player counterpart and your rival, then you'd all get the badge together. :D

pokemonpokemonpokemon59
April 20th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.

Sodapop
April 20th, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'd like to see a ??? gym, thats the only one that hasn't been done
besides Dark type.

April 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I don't see any gym leaders having legends, they're reserved only for the Player and the frontier brains.
I'll like to see Brycen return even though most don't like him...he could have Pokemon such as Lapras (maybe Lapras is found around his city).
Also I'll like it if Elesa had Rotom, and each time you challenge her it appears in a different form, so that you wouldn't know what to expect.

Forever
April 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'd Laugh If Skyla comes back and she has a Tornadus.

lool yeah if only it wasn't legendary, she might finally be a good gym leader. :( But sadly no, I doubt it. :x

besides Dark type.

Hmmm what'd be at that gym though? o_O I can't think of anything that'd fit into that, unless it's a multi-type gym, which may be likely in the later cities tbh.

Shiny Celebi
April 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
besides Dark type.

There arent any ??? type Pokemon except ??? Arceus, so I dont think we could have a gym like that. I wouldnt mind a Dark type gym however. This could be the generation where we get one of those.

giradialkia
April 21st, 2012, 01:33 AM
I'm expecting most other Gyms to be the same as they were in BW- but I'm really uncertain on the Gym front, to be honest. They've introduced two new Gyms, which means it's almost Cretan they've removed two others. I had been wondering what they might've done with Striaton City's gym but now I think of it they'll probably scrap it entirely, and probably Lenora's too- simply. because they're not really on the path from the player's home town, haha.

Kaori
April 21st, 2012, 07:48 AM
Although the Pokémon Anime isn't canon to the games, could this possibly be a hint for a Fire-type Gym with Chili?

Here's a quote from Chili to Pansear from the anime -
"Pansear I'm really sorry. I totally feel bad, know what? I've got a dream! That you and I will open a gym, the very first fire type gym in the Unova region! To do that, we need to master everything about fire types first."

Just a thought!

Forever
April 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM
As I said, I like how that relates! Perhaps if we got him, we might skip out on the grass gym, since I don't think that'd appear later on, and "if possible" then the only place it could fit is early on and Homika/other guy are already earlyyy. I'd like to see a fire gym there tbh instead of grass. Kinda makes sense considering there's ice everywhere and it needs melting lool.