PDA

View Full Version : FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Satoshi Ookami
February 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
Does this game have physical/special split for moves?
Just reposting this answer on a new page.
NO NO NO NO NO. No, it hasn't.

im a bit stuck im at the point where i fight Giovani and when Hipowdon uses Superpower the game gets frozen help
Would it be possible to kill it before it uses that attack?

blaziken153
February 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM
Nope it is Lv 90 it always starts first

Wapo26
February 21st, 2013, 02:40 PM
Did skorupi evolve in drapion in the game? becuase i dont see it in the evolution list.

Septentrion
February 21st, 2013, 08:43 PM
Are there movesets? I'm nuzlocking this game right now (2canEntertainment on Youtube) and I was wondering what Munna/Musharna's movesets were. Also does it still evolve with a Moon Stone?

Nuzlocke, hahahahaha. I don't think this was made with nuzlockes in mind(ecspecially blind ones). Expect possible wipeouts.

Also their aren't only tough battles, but many scripted battles with defeated tough trainer may restart on the some map after the characters themselves disappear. I once got a very rude glitch rematch going backwards to heal at the pokemon center.

alienhunterx
February 21st, 2013, 10:41 PM
Then follow my advice and battle him after the Elites. So that your team reaches above Lv 90's

Did skorupi evolve in drapion in the game? becuase i dont see it in the evolution list.
Yes it does. Just keep leveling it up or try evo-stones on it. I say due to it's strong appearance it evolves in between Lv 40's

Mike96e
February 22nd, 2013, 03:33 AM
I think it would be better if we can keep our old team and items also can arceus be released in dark rising 1 if so where or can he be released in dark rising 2 and will ua at least keep ya key items bcause we already have the jewel of life also i alrdy completed the leaugue

Satoshi Ookami
February 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Then try to avoid the battle if possible.

I think it would be better if we can keep our old team and items also can arceus be released in dark rising 1 if so where or can he be released in dark rising 2 and will ua at least keep ya key items bcause we already have the jewel of life also i alrdy completed the leaugue
"Keeping" the key items might be interesting... it certainly would give a sequel feeling.

Dialga255
February 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
WoW the sprites for shadow pokemon looks so awesome. Especially the moltres .i simply must have him in DR2.

sicness09
February 22nd, 2013, 02:21 PM

It evolves at level 40, Pokemon on the evolution list are only ones that need trading or friendship to evolve. I had one his move list sucked though.. :/

alienhunterx
February 22nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
As Dr 2 is based on a new ROM so it is impossible yo keep your old team on the 2nd sequel. But you will get your fully evolved Dragon starter on Lv 10

DarkRisingGirl
February 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Awards
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m7g0pd.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/2hd4h14.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/11c4hgz.png

Thank you everyone for playing Pokemon Dark Rising & helping it receive the awards above. Dark Rising 2 is coming soon and it's gonna be NUMBER 1!

Satoshi Ookami
February 23rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
Great achievement, DRG.
Congratulations. It's been really long since the hack that has been here only for one year had so many awards ;)
Good luck with DR2 ;) (Yeah, it will be number 1, because LP won't participate xD xD)

CrowClaw
February 23rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Congrats on the awards, well deserved keep up the great work can't wait to try out DR2

Mike96e
February 23rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
But we will be able to keep key items? Jus like ya get all from someone or that there is a table where ya can pick up all key items on a table and when can we capture arceus :/

amit.toren
February 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
I've got a problem...my gible is lvl 45 and it hasnt evolve yet...why is that?

Mike96e
February 23rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
I've got a problem...my gible is lvl 45 and it hasnt evolve yet...why is that?

If its still gible and not gabite it means ya dont have a pokedex yet i had same issue if it alrdy a gabite it go into last evolution in lvl48

But arceus cn we finally capture him in dark rising 2? Bcause i kinda expected we could free him in oart one thats kinda why i started playing. Thats why i also hope that if we cn finally capture arceus that its quite at the beginning and will we also keep the 2 master balls bcause else we got those for kinda no reason

BenjaminLDuco
February 23rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Check out the evolution guide on first page. Also I think it really evolves by Moon Stone in this hack

Okay, but what about the movesets? That's what I really want to know.

amit.toren
February 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
If its still gible and not gabite it means ya dont have a pokedex yet i had same issue if it alrdy a gabite it go into last evolution in lvl48

But arceus cn we finally capture him in dark rising 2? Bcause i kinda expected we could free him in oart one thats kinda why i started playing. Thats why i also hope that if we cn finally capture arceus that its quite at the beginning and will we also keep the 2 master balls bcause else we got those for kinda no reason

yes I have a pokedex...what could it be then?

samin
February 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
how and where do i download this

Satoshi Ookami
February 24th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Arceus WILL be available in DR2. DRG already stated that.

how and where do i download this
First post, this thread.

AngelDarkRising
February 24th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Hi DarkGirl I will support you on youtube,and another sites because i like your hack,actually i am at brock in the 2 Gym city.

darknessrules
February 24th, 2013, 06:00 AM
is it possible to catch landorous using ultra ball or should you use the second master ball

CrowClaw
February 24th, 2013, 06:03 AM
You can catch him it just takes a realllllllllly long time or great luck you don't need to use the master ball

darknessrules
February 24th, 2013, 08:04 AM
You can catch him it just takes a realllllllllly long time or great luck you don't need to use the master ball

1st master ball is for arceus then what is the second one for
and can u catch kyurem and transform it into black or white kyurem

Shadow97
February 24th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Is there any way to catch the starters (not the dragons) in this game

Caphlor
February 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yeah, you'll find all of them during the story

Shadow97
February 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I mean other than catching it as it's percentage is 1% is there another way to obtain it

Turninator
February 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Hi there,

Ive been playing this hack now for 60+ hours. Loving it. Im just about to get my second Master Ball and I wanted to know who are the best pokemon to use the Master Ball on. Is the first one for Arceus? I am asking because looking through the walkthrough it seems like we will encounter many legendary pokemon. Which pokemon should I save them for?

Also will we be able to capture Genesect in the game?

dunniecfc
February 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Can some people post there teams they have won the elite 4 with having trouble

Turninator
February 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM
is it possible to catch landorous using ultra ball or should you use the second master ball

Yes you can catch him with an ultra ball. Just be ready for an intense session. Come prepared with tons and I mean TONS of ultra balls and potions/revives. Also a good idea to save state (im playing on VBA) right before in case you kill him or he struggles to death.

Really long is an understatement. Came into the battle with 100+ ultra balls (to be safe lol) also had a ton of hyper potions and revives. Took over an hour, 50+ ultra balls, countless revives and potions and Landorous struggling for me to catch him.

I wanted to ask in Alienhunter's walkthrough I cant seem to find the section on Legendary hunting. Im opening it in MS Word. Does anyone else have this same issue or would know wht I am doing wrong

alienhunterx
February 24th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Have you checked mine on 3 pages earlier or should I post them again...LOL

[QUOTE=DarkRisingGirl;7550427]

Thank you everyone for playing Pokemon Dark Rising & helping it receive the awards above. Dark Rising 2 is coming soon and it's gonna be NUMBER 1!
Ahhh I am late as always but many dearest Congrats from me too for winning the awards. Hopefully just like you said earlier, maybe DR 2 would also win

dunniecfc
February 25th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Finally Finished this game, best hack i have played

darknessrules
February 25th, 2013, 06:53 AM
can someone tell me all the catchable legendaries in this game

Satoshi Ookami
February 25th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Yes, imo Landorus is really easy to catch.
Legendary dogs are much harder.

1st master ball is for arceus then what is the second one for
and can u catch kyurem and transform it into black or white kyurem
Arceus is NOT available. And Master Balls are not meant for specific Pokémon...

I mean other than catching it as it's percentage is 1% is there another way to obtain it
Even with the 1%, they are pretty common.

"with" trouble?

can someone tell me all the catchable legendaries in this game
Refer to the posts in this thread, DRG already mentioned this.
By quickly remembering... Kami Trio, Dogs, Weather trio, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, in a meaning Giratina and that's all I guess...

darknessrules
February 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Yes, imo Landorus is really easy to catch.
Legendary dogs are much harder.

Arceus is NOT available. And Master Balls are not meant for specific Pokémon...

Even with the 1%, they are pretty common.

"with" trouble?

Refer to the posts in this thread, DRG already mentioned this.
By quickly remembering... Kami Trio, Dogs, Weather trio, Celebi, JHMirachi, Deoxys, Mew, in a meaning Giratina and that's all I guess...

then how come you get a master ball saying you need it to catch arceus
u can't get kyurem

Satoshi Ookami
February 25th, 2013, 07:39 AM
then how come you get a master ball saying you need it to catch arceus
u can't get kyurem
Just for the feel and storyline xD
No, Kyurem belongs to the V's children.

iPlayonGBA
February 25th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Great hack i really enjoyed playing it.
I liked the story line and i gotta say that this was a challenging hack :P

DarkRisingGirl
February 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
To all of those worried about using the Masterballs, don't worry, you can use it for any Pokemon you like. You will receive the important Key Items as well as 1 Master Ball at the start of Dark Rising 2. It's going to feel like a direct sequel. There won't be any "Getting the Pokedex quest, waiting for pokeballs to be available, etc". You'll have all of that stuff within minutes of starting Dark Rising 2.

BLACKOUT
February 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM
i tried to look this up in the walkthrough but my computer cant open all pages of it because it takes so much memory.. anyways i just got off the islands and got to millennium town. i beat the gym and giratina. where should i go next? should i go north? i think i need dive up there but i dont know how to get it.

P.S this is a GREAT hack!!

Caphlor
February 25th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Woow this game is the best i played ever!
I played the beta1 that (i think) finishes after the 4th badge.
Is the game a completed version using the final patch that is posted in the first page?

Mike96e
February 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
To all of those worried about using the Masterballs, don't worry, you can use it for any Pokemon you like. You will receive the important Key Items as well as 1 Master Ball at the start of Dark Rising 2. It's going to feel like a direct sequel. There won't be any "Getting the Pokedex quest, waiting for pokeballs to be available, etc". You'll have all of that stuff within minutes of starting Dark Rising 2.

Jus wondering but after what gym will we be able to catch arceus i hope at like 1st gym bcause the point i hate in other hacks is that we get arceus to late and can barely use him since he is my favourite and there are some annoyimg bugs in dark rising 1 like my deoxys wont obey

jstolze
February 25th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Why is it that I have six level 50 Pokemon yet have only encountered one gym leader? I just beat Florina after V turned to stone inside that Cave. Also, the Levels of Pokemon owned by trainers so high at the moment, and am wondering what it will be like once I face the 7th or 8th gym leader. I haven't had any problems with the game (difficulty wise) since this is one of my favorite sets of teams I use. Oh, and up to this point, none of my pokemon have fainted from battles (besides that first battle against Darugis) Other than the insane difficulty levels and one game breaking glitch that's avoidable, it's a good hack. :)

Sure. I use this team:
1. Houndoom
2. Alakazam
3. Togekiss
4. Rhypherior
5. Lanturn
6. Tangrowth

I'm not going to list the moves, since it depends what moves you like. I don't use all attack moves like some people do either. I find moves like Swords Dance and Nasty Plot to help a LOT.

alienhunterx
February 25th, 2013, 11:29 PM
i tried to look this up in the walkthrough but my computer cant open all pages of it because it takes so much memory.. anyways i just got off the islands and got to millennium town. i beat the gym and giratina. where should i go next? should i go north? i think i need dive up there but i dont know how to get it.

When you will be out from the gym Sydney will come to you and you will be brought back to the HQs. After the events there go towards Huntik Route and travel through it to reach Trident Waters through the cave

Satoshi Ookami
February 26th, 2013, 07:24 AM

I've sent compressed walkthrough to alien, he will do something about it =D

BoblickingSith
February 26th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I'm still stuck at the Dark Rising HQ Sydney problem help!

alienhunterx
February 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I'm still stuck at the Dark Rising HQ Sydney problem help!
Can you read previous posts?????? I already answered your question yesterday.....

MILF
February 26th, 2013, 11:27 PM
can teach me how to patch the game?im using Phone(Andriod)My Boy-Free
what i need to do to play this game?

Can you read previous posts?????? I already answered your question yesterday.....

can teach me how to patch the game?im using Phone(Andriod)My Boy-Free
what i need to do to play this game?

crypto420
February 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM
After I beat V reborn, where do I go? Kinda stuck.

darknessrules
February 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM
wow elite four is almost impossible with all Pokemon lvl 90+

Darkrai Of Unova
February 27th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Hey DRG will darkrai be a legendary in DR2 ? :D

alienhunterx
February 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
After I beat V reborn, where do I go? Kinda stuck.
Refer to my walk through for tips or I should rather answer your question....
Leave the city from North East to reach Drosera Fields

darknessrules
February 28th, 2013, 04:06 AM
I just beat the elite four now how do I go to the omni region

Satoshi Ookami
February 28th, 2013, 04:15 AM
wow elite four is almost impossible with all Pokemon lvl 90+
Nah... you can pretty much beat them with 85+... 90+ is enough =)

I just beat the elite four now how do I go to the omni region
By waiting for DR2.

darknessrules
February 28th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Nah... you can pretty much beat them with 85+... 90+ is enough =)

By waiting for DR2.

I saw a picture of dr1 in which your in a ship with kaz and Adrians dark lugia was there

can someone tell me legendaries location because it's not in walkthrough

DarkRisingGirl
February 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM
I saw a picture of dr1 in which your in a ship with kaz and Adrians dark lugia was there

That event has been changed to be in DR2. As for the legendaries:

Victini-In the house in Aroma Town
Landorus-In the Desert before entering Inferno Mountain
Shaymin-In the BattleGrounds, after defeating your Mom.
Mew/Deoxys/Jirachi/Celebii-In the Twilight Zone
Suicune/Raikou/Entei-On the island above Huntik Route
Tornadus/Thundurus-Chaos Path
Rayquaza-In the Spirit Tower
Groundon-In Inferno Mountain after getting Strength from Kisho to move the boulder.
Kyogre-In the cave above Trident Waters. Poseidon's Cave I believe it's called.
Reshiram/Zekrom-On Yin/Yang Island after defeating N. You can only choose 1 of the Dragon Stones.
(Do Not try to catch Giratina with the Masterball. It's meant to be the 7th gym leader's Pokemon.)
I'll post this list in the Wild Pokemon list.

ganesha
February 28th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Hey DRG, I think for dratini some other attack should have been there instead of WRAP.

nomi1993a
February 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM
how to download beta 2 version i cant find it, can some 1 send me link? Ive already finised beta 1 version

alienhunterx
February 28th, 2013, 10:31 PM
how to download beta 2 version i cant find it, can some 1 send me link? Ive already finised beta 1 version
Please slow down for a moment and see the major fact that Beta 2 is yet to be released

The progress in the walk through is slowed down due to my busy schedule as well as the need to rest as I spent my 14 hours per day for the walk through

jeremy9931
March 1st, 2013, 01:18 AM
After completing this game, I just had a few issues.

1) If you forget to get the mysticbadge (which I believe is the 3rd one which allows you to fly) and continue to the next city, once you get in kyruem's den it becomes impossible to return as you have not received surf yet. Once you get surf, it is still impossible to return to Mystic city as the old man will be sitting in the exit preventing you from entering the route that connects it to Numassity City. Easy enough to fix as i just made a warp from Numassity city to there so that I could continue on with my team without restarting.

2. There are several spots like when entering Tiki village from the north, a duplicate of your character will appear and if you try to talk to them the emulator and game will lock up. Also if you talk to the elite four members at trilogy island after defeating the red headed dude, the game will lock up as well.

3. There's quite a few ghost events where the sprites disappear after beating them the first time however you will have to sit through their dialogue and battle them again every time you go there but there is no one there. Zachary, Florina's first battle with you, and I believe Light's battle where he's in the cemetery.

4. There were a lot of misspelled words although I really didn't care as that really didn't bother me too much.

Also this is not a complaint, Adrian's lugia was incredibly difficult although I eventually ran it out of moves until all it had left was recover. That Dark Chaos move was a one hit kill on my entire team even though they were all level 100. Perish Song saved my life <3

Despite these issues, the game was pretty fun and difficult to complete. Can't wait for part 2 :D

Satoshi Ookami
March 1st, 2013, 02:38 AM
Also this is not a complaint, Adrian's lugia was incredibly difficult although I eventually ran it out of moves until all it had left was recover. That Dark Chaos move was a one hit kill on my entire team even though they were all level 100. Perish Song saved my life <3

You should have had Dark/Fighting Pokémon to resist Dark Chaos =D
Especially Lucario was perfect wall against Dark Chaos (before he was killed by Flamethrower xD)

jeremy9931
March 1st, 2013, 04:42 AM
You should have had Dark/Fighting Pokémon to resist Dark Chaos =D
Especially Lucario was perfect wall against Dark Chaos (before he was killed by Flamethrower xD)

I didn't have any fighting types though my team had both Zoaroak and Absol on it though neither one of them had good defensive stats. I wasn't expecting the dark chaos move or I would have prepared lol. I think the Cresselia was worse though cause it just spammed Calm mind both times I had to face it. Both got killed by perish song though.

hayatekun24
March 1st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Finished it with:
Lv 100 Garchomp (Double Edge, Earthquake, Outrage, Iron Head)
Lv 100 Charizard (Fly, Flamethrower, Thunderpunch, Outrage)
Lv 87 Venusaur (Frenzy Plant, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb)
Lv 85 Throh (Superpower, Reversal, Bulk Up, Stone Edge)
Lv 75 Thundurus (Thunder, Psychic, Brick Break, Crunch)
Lv 61 Walrein (w/ exp share, I was trying to grind it while battling the elite4)

my team is weak lol. it took so much time to finish the leaaaaaague.

DarkRisingGirl
March 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM
Big News and Update coming this weekend. Stay locked to this thread tomorrow/sunday.

alienhunterx
March 1st, 2013, 10:35 PM
I don;t know why so many people use Legendary pokes in their teams. Well they are legendary guys. Their place is just in Poke Box in PC systems lol... I just hate to play with them..... (My Opinion) :D

Satoshi Ookami
March 2nd, 2013, 01:31 AM
I don;t know why so many people use Legendary pokes in their teams. Well they are legendary guys. Their place is just in Poke Box in PC systems lol... I just hate to play with them..... (My Opinion) :D
They look cool, nuff said.

4thGenAce:D
March 2nd, 2013, 04:46 AM

Well, if you're referring to this game, I think I can give you some reasons:

First, the game is freaking hard! XD
Second, It seems fair since most important trainers have some too (especially Adrian having a whole team of it).
Third, they seem to add a little "flair" to the game.

k-van
March 2nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Why is it that the game won't let me start it even though I applied the patch to a clean FR rom with LunarIPS?

I just get a white screen...

jog5454
March 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I have been waiting for a Dragon Hack! I am excited to play this!

k-van
March 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
I would really love to play this if someone would tell me how to patch it correctly...

Aceraptor
March 2nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
I'm stuck on Dark Rising HQ. Everytime I talk to Sydney she tells me to go stroll around. What do I do about this?

Also is DR2 gonna be a GBA game?

Razenrak
March 2nd, 2013, 02:52 PM
I don't know if thats been brought up but after you enter the Prof's lab again and go directly left you are unable to move anymore. Also, can anyone tell me if Horsea is available in this game (and if so, will it be able to evolve into Kingdra)?

BrownJam
March 2nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
My only recommendation for this game would be you increase the level of wild pokemon o the experience they give to be at least somewhat on par with the ridiculous level slope. I have no problem grinding if I have to beat a trainer, but it doesn't add difficulty when you force someone with level 45 pokemon to grind on lv 20 spinarak's...it causes annoyance. The game is plenty difficult with every single pokemon you face (trainer) having some sort of status and a 5-10 level jump on you.

Turninator
March 2nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
I'm stuck on Dark Rising HQ. Everytime I talk to Sydney she tells me to go stroll around. What do I do about this?

I had this same problem. I almost thought I was going to get stuck in the part. But what you should try to do is let at least one day cycle pass in the game (day --> night --> day) once a cycle has gone by go back into the HQ and everything should be fine. This worked for me

Aceraptor
March 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
I had this same problem. I almost thought I was going to get stuck in the part. But what you should try to do is let at least one day cycle pass in the game (day --> night --> day) once a cycle has gone by go back into the HQ and everything should be fine. This worked for me

Awesome thanks for the help!!

StormVentus
March 2nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
This game seems like something I'd wanna try. :3

TheAwesomeArcheops
March 2nd, 2013, 09:08 PM
how do i download this.? help? zip and gba

Sleeping Snorlax
March 2nd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Loving this game. Lots of grinding but still fun. Cant wait for DR2.

Does anyone know if the Wide Lens item is in this game?

ganesha
March 3rd, 2013, 12:39 AM
There's a bug in the game, the event of Circle of Life occurs even if it has been completed once, please check it, otherwise unlimited Victinis. One thing where can we buy Fire Stones.

Satoshi Ookami
March 3rd, 2013, 03:04 AM
Yes.

My only recommendation for this game would be you increase the level of wild pokemon o the experience they give to be at least somewhat on par with the ridiculous level slope. I have no problem grinding if I have to beat a trainer, but it doesn't add difficulty when you force someone with level 45 pokemon to grind on lv 20 spinarak's...it causes annoyance. The game is plenty difficult with every single pokemon you face (trainer) having some sort of status and a 5-10 level jump on you.
Wild Pokémon do not give so many exps, though...

Download it from the first post and extract the ips and patch it with LIPS.

ganesha
March 3rd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Hey where to get a FIRE STONE

There's another bug, when we catch a pokemon when the party is full, the pokemon goes to PC Box saying that Thorh has been sent to the a box, also it comes two times.

DarkRisingGirl
March 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hey where to get a FIRE STONE

There's another bug, when we catch a pokemon when the party is full, the pokemon goes to PC Box saying that Thorh has been sent to the a box, also it comes two times.

You can get Fire Stones in the first city, Flamen City, from the mart. As for the bugs, once DR2 has made enough progress, my scripter will look over the scripts in DR1 and go-over them, making them work without any problems. For now though, you're gonna have to either avoid or deal with the few bugs here and there. None of them prevent you from completing the game, even though they are annoying sometime I know.

ganesha
March 3rd, 2013, 08:16 AM
There's also a scripting bug which doesn't look good, it is that the player doesn't turn towards the NPC to whom he talks to.

talhaisnotpro
March 3rd, 2013, 08:57 AM
This game is so hard. But its so fun and im looking foward to the next Dark Rising. BTW i am at the first gym with level 15 pokemon and i cant beat him. Anyway nice job with the game! Oh and PLEASE GIVE MORE EXP FOR WILD POKEMON AND TRAINERS.

DarkRisingGirl
March 3rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

Here it comes............

Wait for it.......................

Okay, this isn't sounding right..............

I'll be submitting the Dark Rising 2 thread in 2 days! So it'll be posted in the progression hacks section in the upcoming days. Now, back to work for me!

byAmbi
March 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Lol i thought the update was going to be for DR 1.5 really cant wait to play the upgraded version. As for DR2 thread being submitted in the PHS thats great. :D

DarkRisingGirl
March 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Lol i thought the update was going to be for DR 1.5 really cant wait to play the upgraded version. As for DR2 thread being submitted in the PHS thats great. :D

The guy who's managing all of the tile inserting into 1.5 is still working hard on it last time I checked. I'll contact him and see how it's going. Last I heard he has done up until Iceland City.

creug
March 3rd, 2013, 02:09 PM
just finished DR1 and was looking some new hack. this is great. i can't wait even 2 days coz' of excitement :))) thanks DR Team, this is one hell of a great hack :D :)

alienhunterx
March 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM
Well, if you're referring to this game, I think I can give you some reasons:

First, the game is freaking hard! XD
Second, It seems fair since most important trainers have some too (especially Adrian having a whole team of it).
Third, they seem to add a little "flair" to the game.
My dear friend it is not that hard and where have you put those Lucky Eggs and VS seeker to train from. Just look at me and some other guys. We never used any Legendary and still defeated the game ;)

Why is it that the game won't let me start it even though I applied the patch to a clean FR rom with LunarIPS?

I just get a white screen...
You must be using a wrong ROM. Try some other one and see the result

I would really love to play this if someone would tell me how to patch it correctly...
PM me or see the patching rules or (if it is allowed) Get a clean Fire Red ROM and patch your Rom with the IPS file of Dark Rising on a Lunar IPS patcher programme

Are you there on first time or after beating the Millienium City Gym?

Satoshi Ookami
March 3rd, 2013, 10:37 PM
My dear friend it is not that hard and where have you put those Lucky Eggs and VS seeker to train from. Just look at me and some other guys. We never used any Legendary and still defeated the game ;)
You used Ferrothorn, that's even more than using legendary xD

alienhunterx
March 3rd, 2013, 10:38 PM
I don't know if thats been brought up but after you enter the Prof's lab again and go directly left you are unable to move anymore. Also, can anyone tell me if Horsea is available in this game (and if so, will it be able to evolve into Kingdra)?
So if you can avoid it don't go there. Horsea is available in the hack and check out the location as well as the evolution guide by Dark Rising Girl on first page

The game is hard I admit but only until you receive VS Seeker.

PM me and I will tell you what to do or read my above post

You used Ferrothorn, that's even more than using legendary xD
Which equals your favourite and best Poke (Lucario). Which is also more than using the legendary :D

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TIME

Here it comes............

Wait for it.......................

Okay, this isn't sounding right..............

I'll be submitting the Dark Rising 2 thread in 2 days! So it'll be posted in the progression hacks section in the upcoming days. Now, back to work for me!
Quite a long time you put up . :D Well bring on the two waiting days

icecool86
March 4th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Just want to say this is the best hack so far for me man. THANK YOU
Also, just a suggestion to people, that bug that repeats a event is not that bad.
You could use those events to gain exp for example you could battle Light in
Volair forest a couple times to gain exp.

ganesha
March 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Just want to say this is the best hack so far for me man. THANK YOU
Also, just a suggestion to people, that bug that repeats a event is not that bad.
You could use those events to gain exp for example you could battle Light in
Volair forest a couple times to gain exp.

You are right but it won't look good. So it should be rectified.

icecool86
March 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Question. Is Victini important as in am I going to have to use him in battle at the end of the game as a must Pokemon on my team. Just want to know how i can train him now. Also how does scared ash work

jeremy9931
March 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Question. Is Victini important as in am I going to have to use him in battle at the end of the game as a must Pokemon on my team. Just want to know how i can train him now. Also how does scared ash work

Nope, there really isn't any mandatory pokemon for you to have in your party. Mine sat in my PC with all the other legendaries.

As for sacred ash, I guess Victini would have to be holding it and the last alive?

rizLLL
March 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
So bloody frustrating. I've finished the Dark Rising HQ mission and the game has bugged out and is causing Sydney to talk as if she is Celio or Oak or Bill whoever it was in the original Fire Red so I can't get back to the main storyline.

Can anyone help!?

DarkRisingGirl
March 4th, 2013, 09:08 PM
So bloody frustrating. I've finished the Dark Rising HQ mission and the game has bugged out and is causing Sydney to talk as if she is Celio or Oak or Bill whoever it was in the original Fire Red so I can't get back to the main storyline.

Can anyone help!?

For those who are stuck at the DR HQ Mission, there's a cave entrance on Huntik Route that will bring you to Trident Waters If you defeated Light and got the item from him. Down from Trident Waters is Millennium City which will bring you back to the main places in the game. Also, download the latest version of the hack as Sydney and Florina no longer talk as if they're celio or bill.

cheatfreak23
March 4th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Well, I cant download the official walkthrough posted on the first page of this thread, mainly due to it wanting me to sign up, which is always a hassle and so much more junk mail in the email account I rarely use anymore.

Overall, Im just now downloading this hack and gonna give it a whirl.

rizLLL
March 5th, 2013, 12:39 AM
For those who are stuck at the DR HQ Mission, there's a cave entrance on Huntik Route that will bring you to Trident Waters If you defeated Light and got the item from him. Down from Trident Waters is Millennium City which will bring you back to the main places in the game. Also, download the latest version of the hack as Sydney and Florina no longer talk as if they're celio or bill.

i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago

heisenberg
March 5th, 2013, 05:57 AM
hey, what emulator should i use? ive tried no$gba and thats not working, neither is visualboyadvance

ganesha
March 5th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Download the latest version of VBA and try, it would work. If doesn't patching is not good or your ROM is not proper.

Iceypunchy
March 5th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Okay,i just beat the ghost gym and i'm back the dark rising hq,i got no idea what i'm supposed to do now :<

Edit:NVM :)

DarkRisingGirl
March 5th, 2013, 07:59 AM
i cant do that either because some scientist dude is blocking saying "you cant enter. walk away". afaik ive finished everything on these islands. i only downloaded this game about 3 days ago

I just fix the DR HQ Mission/Getting back to Millennium City problem. You can enter the cave at Huntik route now. Just download the patch on the first post, do all of the patching stuff, then while you're playing, go in and out of a building so the changes can take affect, then go through the cave entrance on huntik route. Hope everything works out for you now and everyone else who's stuck at this problem.

DR2 Thread coming soon...

Iceypunchy
March 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Finally i beat adrian,man that was difficult,but with some hax my excadrill sweeped his team :D.

ViceSV
March 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Which emulator can this be played on?

Thx for reply

cheatfreak23
March 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I know that the creator of this hack wants to move on, and Im not sure if this was ever mentioned, but, after you deliver the parcel in the very beginning of the game, if you go back into the Prof's lab, the event where you deliver the parcel is replayed, and you get 5 more Pokeballs, thus giving an infinite source of Pokeballs and Money (with enough time and patience.)

DarkRisingGirl
March 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I know that the creator of this hack wants to move on, and Im not sure if this was ever mentioned, but, after you deliver the parcel in the very beginning of the game, if you go back into the Prof's lab, the event where you deliver the parcel is replayed, and you get 5 more Pokeballs, thus giving an infinite source of Pokeballs and Money (with enough time and patience.)

No one's ever reported that problem and I just tested it. I was able to walk back into the lab after the parcel event and Prof.Ivan graded my pokedex, the event didn't occur again. Make sure you're using the correct Fire Red version Rom & that it's clean.

cheatfreak23
March 5th, 2013, 02:05 PM
No one's ever reported that problem and I just tested it. I was able to walk back into the lab after the parcel event and Prof.Ivan graded my pokedex, the event didn't occur again. Make sure you're using the correct Fire Red version Rom & that it's clean.

I can never seem to tell what version of the Fire Red rom Im using. I mean, it's not that bad of a glitch, but I'll still look into a newer version of the ROM to prevent it if we need to go back to the Ivan.

OK, Ive tried alot of Fire Red Roms, and I can either not get them to load the hack or they do recreate the Pokedex getting event every time I enter the lab. I dont know what's going on, and if I have to talk to Ivan after said event for a later event, then Im screwed out of it.

DarkRisingGirl
March 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I can never seem to tell what version of the Fire Red rom Im using. I mean, it's not that bad of a glitch, but I'll still look into a newer version of the ROM to prevent it if we need to go back to the Ivan.

OK, Ive tried alot of Fire Red Roms, and I can either not get them to load the hack or they do recreate the Pokedex getting event every time I enter the lab. I dont know what's going on, and if I have to talk to Ivan after said event for a later event, then Im screwed out of it.

Don't worry, you won't have too. But to re-load your save files, on your gba emulator go to File-Load-then find the save file on your computer, then click it. Don't go to "Load game" when you're reloading a save file from a different patch or rom.

cheatfreak23
March 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Don't worry, you won't have too. But to re-load your save files, on your gba emulator go to File-Load-then find the save file on your computer, then click it. Don't go to "Load game" when you're reloading a save file from a different patch or rom.

I do Control+R to restart my emulator. Ive got the Save Settings right so that I can save my game in it. Also, I dont know if this is a nod to someone, but I can never seem to get a Male Bagon as a starter. I thought it was like you saying that you loved Bagon and decided to make it female or if I'm just having crap luck with it. But yeah, knowing we never have to go see Ivan again after delivering the parcel is a load off my mind.

rizLLL
March 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Nope, there really isn't any mandatory pokemon for you to have in your party. Mine sat in my PC with all the other legendaries.

As for sacred ash, I guess Victini would have to be holding it and the last alive?

I dont think thats how sacred ash works. I'd love to know though. I've had victini holding it and being the last alive, full health, low health, about to faint, fainted, and nothing happens. you cant USE the item either, its annoying.

oh that was weird, i just used it. has to be done outside of battle when victini is only one alive.

morag
March 5th, 2013, 10:27 PM
just wanted to say that DR1 is such an awesome game that i have been w8ing on DR2 all day long or more like since u said it will take 2 days...do u have an update on the date of it coming out?
and will it be playable till the end of the game or just a beta?(in that case on newer beta will we get to keep our team from the prev beta)

and once again iwill say Awsome Game i have played a lot of hacks and this is defently my fav and the main reason for it is that u toke ur time and got the breeding and lower lvl moves so that the pokemons will be able to be it's best version

alienhunterx
March 5th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Well, I cant download the official walkthrough posted on the first page of this thread, mainly due to it wanting me to sign up, which is always a hassle and so much more junk mail in the email account I rarely use anymore.

Overall, Im just now downloading this hack and gonna give it a whirl.
Seriously you don't need to wait for a long time to sign up. The setup there is so simple :(

Well it seems then you have still more events to do then. Go to the Huntik route and keep going North into it. Jump into the water and move north to reach the three legendary dogs and after them The Dark Hideout and complete the missions there

hey, what emulator should i use? ive tried no$gba and thats not working, neither is visualboyadvance
You again bro. Well VBA is guaranteed the best emulator. Can you tell me exactly what is your problem. Try re patching your ips file with another ROM and see the result???

cheatfreak23
March 5th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Here's my updated team and levels as of getting through the Mount Moon area:

Excadrill- 33
Shelgon- 31
Munna- 29
Zebstrika- 28
Torkoal- 29
Swellow- 22

Seriously you don't need to wait for a long time to sign up. The setup there is so simple :(To be quite honest: I dont really care about a walkthrough for this hack. More than likely, Im gonna end up having my starter fully evolved and Lvl 100 before the third gym, so there's really no need for a walkthrough. And I know folks are gonna say "that ruins the game for you man!" but like I said, I really dont care anymore. These hacks are always set way too difficult for me. I mean, the Gym Leader always has Pokemon that are nearly 20 levels above the highest Random Encounter rate of the previous area when it should be around 8 levels higher.

k-van
March 6th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Dunno if this was reported as a bug or not. But when you fight Sydney in the gateway buildinng place (south of the daycare) then you go back to heal your pokemon, you have to go through Battle Cave again and when you do, Prof.Ivan does his shpiel again and you have to battle him again. All the time his sprite is not even in the room since he left.

DCson17
March 6th, 2013, 02:53 AM
This game looks beautiful, with a whole lot of promise.
I'll have to DL it when I get a chance later. x

Satoshi Ookami
March 6th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Dunno if this was reported as a bug or not. But when you fight Sydney in the gateway buildinng place (south of the daycare) then you go back to heal your pokemon, you have to go through Battle Cave again and when you do, Prof.Ivan does his shpiel again and you have to battle him again. All the time his sprite is not even in the room since he left.
That falls into "repeated events" category which was reported many times before ;)

nomi1993a
March 6th, 2013, 03:06 AM
hey dark rising girl i have a suggestion for u, in DR2 plz put deino and axew as starters or early in the game , i love hydreigon my favorite pokemon, and like haxorus as well, thanx in advance

k-van
March 6th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Also the double battles that you scripted with just one trainer are a bit buggy. I had one pokemon left, but because it was a double battle, the game thought I had two pokemon alive. So at the start of the battle, I sent out my living poke, as well as the last poke that died. But it had 0 health. it let me choose a move for it to use but when the fighting came, it did not make its move and the ai did not target it either because it was dead.

Lets just call it the living dead glitch or the zombie glitch lol.

4thGenAce:D
March 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Hoo. Gee.. Life's making me so buuuusssssyyyyy!!!!!!! Oh my.. XD

@DRG: DR2 up? Where!? O.o
@alienhunterx: Well, not for me (After playing an old version of the game, with no lucky eggs YET!)
@Ash493: I'd have to agree for Lucario.. XD As well as Ferro (but would that make Umbreon more than a legendary too? XD)

k-van
March 6th, 2013, 10:28 AM
It seems I missed the mystic badge... My "5th" badge was actually my fourth and now I can't use fly nor do I have a town map >.<

icecool86
March 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM
what happen to the map when you want to fly. I cant Fly anywhere but the place that Im at. im at novella town.

Sleeping Snorlax
March 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know if Zekrom's Teravolt ability works in this hack? I tried using EQ on a pokemon that has levitate, but it never worked?

DarkRisingGirl
March 6th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know if Zekrom's Teravolt ability works in this hack? I tried using EQ on a pokemon that has levitate, but it never worked?

That's a 5th gen ability. It's not in the hack.

what happen to the map when you want to fly. I cant Fly anywhere but the place that Im at. im at novella town.

When you're in Novellatown, you should only be able to fly to the Dark Rising HQ or Pinnocle City. I don't know why you can only fly to Novella Town but there's plenty of ways to get to other cities that you may want to get too.

SORRY FOR THE DELAY

The Dark Rising 2 thread will be submitted tonight. Keep it mind, the thread still has to be reviewed by the mods and please note the thread does not mean there's a playable demo of the hack. It's simply the thread to discuss and view DR2. The hack will be released later this yr or sometime next year. You can check out the thread in the progression hacks section within the next 24 hours. Thank you.

vanillagfx
March 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Anyone know where I can find a moon stone to evolve Munna?

Mr155555
March 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM
when i downloaded the walkthrough guide it's not completed it stops when you get the ditto from the scientist and doesn't go after that

cheatfreak23
March 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM
OK, I know it's supposed to be a harder than normal hack, but come on: Throwing Lvl 50 Pokemon at me before I even fight the 3rd Gym? Im glad I used Gameshark Codes to power level my team up. I barely survived so far, and my Salamence is Lvl 66!

rizLLL
March 6th, 2013, 09:46 PM
It seems I missed the mystic badge... My "5th" badge was actually my fourth and now I can't use fly nor do I have a town map >.<

hey dude, the first bade you will not get until the last gym, so that is normal. remember going past the gym that was closed in the forest at the start? yer, thats the final gym.

alienhunterx
March 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM
when i downloaded the walkthrough guide it's not completed it stops when you get the ditto from the scientist and doesn't go after that
Why the heck.... I swear it is complete and ends after you beat Adrian in the castle

OK, I know it's supposed to be a harder than normal hack, but come on: Throwing Lvl 50 Pokemon at me before I even fight the 3rd Gym? Im glad I used Gameshark Codes to power level my team up. I barely survived so far, and my Salamence is Lvl 66!
Seriously man You tired of leveling up with VS Seeker and Lucky Eggs........ What can I say more????

cheatfreak23
March 7th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Seriously man You tired of leveling up with VS Seeker and Lucky Eggs........ What can I say more????

Ive never really used the Vs Seeker ever and Ive never even seen a single Lucky Egg in this hack.

Satoshi Ookami
March 7th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Also the double battles that you scripted with just one trainer are a bit buggy. I had one pokemon left, but because it was a double battle, the game thought I had two pokemon alive. So at the start of the battle, I sent out my living poke, as well as the last poke that died. But it had 0 health. it let me choose a move for it to use but when the fighting came, it did not make its move and the ai did not target it either because it was dead.

Lets just call it the living dead glitch or the zombie glitch lol.
It's a Fire Red "feature"... how many times do I have to repeat it? :D
DRG, please advise your scripter that he checks the sum of player's Pokémon before engaging in double battle :D

(but would that make Umbreon more than a legendary too? XD)
Umbri is a legendary :D

Huh...? I don't know about you, but it can be defeated without GS...

Well... Lucky Eggs kinda aren't available before the 3rd gym, y'know? =D

cheatfreak23
March 7th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Huh...? I don't know about you, but it can be defeated without GS...Apparently for me it cant be done. I mean, I gave it the old college try up until the first gym leader I could fight, but it was rough. I had to save beforehand and reset about ten times before I got lucky. Then, and my Pokemon were about Lvl 10-16 at that time, I started being tossed against Lvl 20-25 Pokemon trainer fights. And then I forgot to save and wound back up where I hadnt fought the leader, so I just gave up and used the '5000 XP' GS Code to power train my Bagon to be Shelgon.

nomi1993a
March 7th, 2013, 01:38 AM
how to get Hm Cut , there are a lot of trees to be cut in Haunted forest in order to get stuff there

Kurapika
March 7th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Hi, I just started playing this game and I need to know if it features the Physical/Special split or not.
Thanks in advance. :]

Aryan143
March 7th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Hi, I just started playing this game and I need to know if it features the Physical/Special split or not.
Thanks in advance. :]

AFAIK, there is no Physical/Special split in the hack. It is in DR2 however.

I was playing the game and found an error:

I think you replaced Tynamo with Spinda so all Tynamo have different dots on them like Spinda. Also you didn't edited Move Tutor Data so Tynamo learns Mega Kick and Drain Punch by move tutors.

DarkRisingGirl
March 7th, 2013, 09:30 AM
AFAIK, there is no Physical/Special split in the hack. It is in DR2 however.

I think you replaced Tynamo with Spinda so all Tynamo have different dots on them like Spinda. Also you didn't edited Move Tutor Data so Tynamo learns Mega Kick and Drain Punch by move tutors.

Remember the grunt at the entrance of the cave said Darugis infected the Tynamo, so replacing them with Spinda actually worked with the storyline lol.

theycallmejdog
March 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
How do I get my feebas to evolve in dark rising?

cheatfreak23
March 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I keep forgetting to save after I rescue the ship, and now Ive gotta go in there and do it all over again. For the fifth time.....*facepalm*

Ohlookzero
March 7th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Where we suppose to catch girtiana? Cause I did with a master ball. :P
But I finally beat yugi and then I got pulled back to the first island and inside the pokemon center the same event that first happened took place and I couldn't use the ferry after that. Then I forgot to save after beating yugi and now stuck on him again after resetting :p

DarkRisingGirl
March 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Where we suppose to catch girtiana? Cause I did with a master ball. :P
But I finally beat yugi and then I got pulled back to the first island and inside the pokemon center the same event that first happened took place and I couldn't use the ferry after that. Then I forgot to save after beating yugi and now stuck on him again after resetting :p

Download the latest patch on the first page. Patch it and then walk in and out of a building so the patch changes can take affect. After that, there's a cave entrance on Huntik Route, go into it and you'll end up on Trident Waters. Which is above Millennium City. Your next step is to fly or get back to Tiki Village somehow or Fells Town. Go into Twistwoodlands and the gym is now open.

alienhunterx
March 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM
how to get Hm Cut , there are a lot of trees to be cut in Haunted forest in order to get stuff there
Well Sydney gives it to you when you defeat KAYO inside the ship in Mystic Falls

How do I get my feebas to evolve in dark rising?
Have you checked the evo guide on first page if not then Feebas evolves into Milotic by giving it a Water Stone

Satoshi Ookami
March 8th, 2013, 04:04 AM

People really should read previous posts... I have already reported this and DRG, as she stated again, edited the story-line to adapt to this :D
I believe it's pretty interesting way how to work... make ROM help you with story :D

k-van
March 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
People really should read previous posts... I have already reported this and DRG, as she stated again, edited the story-line to adapt to this :D
I believe it's pretty interesting way how to work... make ROM help you with story :D

Some people don't want to read through 85 pages of posts just to find one thing... I know I sure don't

Mattysoxfan
March 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Damn i must say this game is hard. I'm up to mystic cave i think its called. Some of these starter pokemon that have a very rare appearance have been showing up quite a bit. So i caught the snivy and treecko in the grass isle area. Snivy appears all the time, treecko just never appears.....just never. spent over 2 hours trying to find one.

And i'm after the 3rd gym and damn i was getting frustrated during battle cave. First fight that guy who looks like gary, then fight professor...forgot his name, then fight sydney, then fight some old guy. Seems like there is a lot of hard trainers i have to fight just before i even reach the next town.

Then trying to find the third gym, where the **** is it? decided to do the titanic ship first and then kept looking and saw some trainers on the bottom left of the town......where the gym building sign is......the gym is outside? that threw me off cause i thought something was blocking my path when i tried going there before going on the ship. So far i think my garchomp is like level 53 maybe. Thyplosion is 54 and i have a volcarona lvl 54.

Doing good so far, but everytime i each the next town, i'm underleveled. lol.

Good so far, able to catch all these pokemon, gives me a lot to work with.

cheatfreak23
March 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Finally made it past Mystic Cave and into Salem. Now I just need to get all my Pokemon to Lvl 100 ASAP before going any further.

Kurapika
March 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Eh... pretty hard, I got the 1st badge after losing to that damn Heatmor3 times in a row >.< Leech Seed ftw (lol)
Uhm... well, sorry, but it annoyed me several times.. :$ but you should make the difference between "your" and "you are/you're".. just saying, don't take it bad. ^^

EDIT:
Reporting these:
http://i.imgur.com/8UNDFXb.png

Mattysoxfan
March 8th, 2013, 01:30 PM
what the heck kind of pokemon is Conran i think the name is. Owned by pokemon trainer light?

Nirnir
March 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I really really like this hack so far..
The only problem i face is the level difference between wild pokemons and trainer's ones..
I currently finished the 2nd gym with 4 pokemons over level 30, but the training becomes way harder as i face level 15-20 pokemons in the wild, but fight a trainer such as V with level 35 pokemons...
The levels of the trainers are a little bit to high imo, and the wild pokemon are too low...

carapha
March 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Hi, I can't make it work, in which platform do I play it?

cheatfreak23
March 8th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Good lord, this hack is killing....

Im finally at the Underground City area, and Ive only gotten like 3 badges so far and had to go though Pokemon of Lvl 60-70 already. Had to use GS Codes to get alot of Rare Candies, Full Restores, Max Elixers, and Max Revives.

Ive got my Victini, Salamence, and Jellicant up to Lvl 100 now. The only downside: I accidentally deleted my Galvantula's Sludge Bomb for Thunder.

alienhunterx
March 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Damn i must say this game is hard. I'm up to mystic cave i think its called. Some of these starter pokemon that have a very rare appearance have been showing up quite a bit. So i caught the snivy and treecko in the grass isle area. Snivy appears all the time, treecko just never appears.....just never. spent over 2 hours trying to find one.

And i'm after the 3rd gym and damn i was getting frustrated during battle cave. First fight that guy who looks like gary, then fight professor...forgot his name, then fight sydney, then fight some old guy. Seems like there is a lot of hard trainers i have to fight just before i even reach the next town.

Then trying to find the third gym, where the **** is it? decided to do the titanic ship first and then kept looking and saw some trainers on the bottom left of the town......where the gym building sign is......the gym is outside? that threw me off cause i thought something was blocking my path when i tried going there before going on the ship. So far i think my garchomp is like level 53 maybe. Thyplosion is 54 and i have a volcarona lvl 54.

Doing good so far, but everytime i each the next town, i'm underleveled. lol.

Good so far, able to catch all these pokemon, gives me a lot to work with.
I will advise you to train your team and make versitility in them by using VS Seeker. Yes, the gym in Mystic Falls is closed until you defeat Dark Thugs in the ship and get HM01 Cut first

what the heck kind of pokemon is Conran i think the name is. Owned by pokemon trainer light?
Seems like the Super Saiyan is getting a lot of fuss.. Conran along with another fakemon is included in this hack by Dark Rising Girl. You cannot catch it though

I really really like this hack so far..
The only problem i face is the level difference between wild pokemons and trainer's ones..
I currently finished the 2nd gym with 4 pokemons over level 30, but the training becomes way harder as i face level 15-20 pokemons in the wild, but fight a trainer such as V with level 35 pokemons...
The levels of the trainers are a little bit to high imo, and the wild pokemon are too low...
Please Guys stop complaining about the difficulty of this hack. What do you want to expect finish a hack within 15-20 hours after what it takes to make you know.......
Try using VS Seeker to train and my guide fr tips please..........

You need a VBA emulator to play this hack if you already know first how to patch this game????

xKyler
March 9th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Everytime I open my emu it says internal battery has run dry game can now be played. can someone help me fix?

nomi1993a
March 9th, 2013, 02:57 AM
i have already beaten elite 4 and malice courtyard enterance is blocked, how should i go to castle. And i already capured zeshiram and that event was already done before i beat elite 4, now where should i go

SonicBoomΩ
March 9th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Everytime I open my emu it says internal battery has run dry game can now be played. can someone help me fix?

Do not fear. Nothing will happen. You can still play the hack without any problem.

Satoshi Ookami
March 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Some people don't want to read through 85 pages of posts just to find one thing... I know I sure don't
And those people would find answers they are looking for.

Fire/Dark fakemon.

You download the ips, you use LIPS to patch the Fire Red ROM, you play on VBA.

Good lord, this hack is killing....

Im finally at the Underground City area, and Ive only gotten like 3 badges so far and had to go though Pokemon of Lvl 60-70 already. Had to use GS Codes to get alot of Rare Candies, Full Restores, Max Elixers, and Max Revives.
You do realize that Rare Candies do not give EVs and your Pokémon won't really be strong, don't you?

Please Guys stop complaining about the difficulty of this hack. What do you want to expect finish a hack within 15-20 hours after what it takes to make you know.......

Well... that's about what I did... xD About 20 hours of gameplay =D
I sped up so my gameplay time in-game is about 70h which is about 20h of true gameplay :D

jhiin07
March 9th, 2013, 06:54 AM
How to download? Sorry newbie.

Satoshi Ookami
March 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
How to download? Sorry newbie.
First post, attachements.
Everyone should first check the first post before posting... :/

Mattysoxfan
March 9th, 2013, 07:36 AM
I'm not complaining about the game, just sharing what I thought when I was playing it. If it was a complaint I'd stop playing it. It's an interesting hack. Also I got castlevania for the 3DS as well.

timster
March 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Where do I go after beating the Millennium City gym? I exit the gym and right at the door, Sydney and Dray talks to me but I don't see their sprites. Anyways, they asked me if I was ready to go somewhere but I said no because I had to heal up my pokemon. Then Sydney said she'll wait for me in the pokemon center. So after I healed up, I talked to her (sprite was visible in the pokemon center) and she leads me out the door but then all the sudden she disappears so I don't know where to go from here.

DarkRisingGirl
March 9th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Where do I go after beating the Millennium City gym? I exit the gym and right at the door, Sydney and Dray talks to me but I don't see their sprites. Anyways, they asked me if I was ready to go somewhere but I said no because I had to heal up my pokemon. Then Sydney said she'll wait for me in the pokemon center. So after I healed up, I talked to her (sprite was visible in the pokemon center) and she leads me out the door but then all the sudden she disappears so I don't know where to go from here.

If you're in Millennium City after defeating Yugi, your next destination is to go to twist woodlands because the gym is now opened. You can fly tiki village or fells town to reach it. If you're at the DR HQ, go to Huntik Route and you'll see a cave door, enter it and you'll be at trident waters, which is apart of the main map.

Kurapika
March 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Well, the game seemed really interesting at the begining, I even applied the physical/special split on every single move to enjoy it properly, but after getting annoyed several times about how hard the game is and I don't feel like cheating in a hack I prefer to just stop playing it.
I personally like when games are moderatly hard and provide a fair challenge, I even wasted time hunting for a good Poliwag, Houndour and Shroomish and got them but it isn't enough the game keeps spamming hard trainers. I wanted at least to challenge Yami since I am fan of YGO card games but oh well...
Anyway, sorry for the negative feedback ...

cheatfreak23
March 10th, 2013, 12:09 AM
You do realize that Rare Candies do not give EVs and your Pokémon won't really be strong, don't you?

Im not the kind of guy who really cares about raising EVs. That's more math than I care to use in a day.

nomi1993a
March 10th, 2013, 02:47 AM
there is on one to answer my question :-( i've w8ing for the reply but no one answering

Abydos
March 10th, 2013, 03:36 AM
When will be Dark Rising 2 released?..the first version was awesome i cant wait to see what you''ll do next

Nirnir
March 10th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Well I find it really hard to advance... Any advices on how to train my 6 pokemons? I cant beat the trainer at the entrance of the cave...
EDIT: Wow i just realised how to use the VS Seeker it is so OP XD
I was just training against normal wild pokemons that was so lame!

Sleeping Snorlax
March 10th, 2013, 04:24 PM
WOOOOOOO! Finally just beat Adrian. Took soo many attempts and a tons of luck. Thank god for my Gengar and his Destiny Bond. God knows the number of pokemon I took down with it. 90+ hours. WOW. DRG, what an amazing hack. Thank you. Cannot wait for number 2.

As for my team, here you go (I forgot to screen cap during ceremony I was so excited that I finally got through lol)
Now to go for round 2 with a different team :) ... hopefully I remember the cap during ceremony

timster
March 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
So my review of this hack. Pretty interesting storyline and very challenging. I enjoyed that the character you played actually communicated with the other person as well besides them just talking to you. I was looking for some of my favorite pokemon in this game like Latios and Latias but they weren't in this game. Oh well. At least all the starters were in this game. The only thing that would've made this game better is if all the bugs, sprites, and scripts were fixed. Sometimes there were invisible sprites so it made it seemed that you were talking to an invisible person, sprites were at locations but you can't talk to them (could cause a freeze in game sometimes), and some people who you could talk to were in the form of items, weird. lol.

Overall, I think is this hack is a 3 out of 5. Great storyline. A lot and I mean a lot of trainers to battle but very noticeable bugs, script errors, and tile errors. And challenging but expectancy is to get your pokemon by level 100 by the end of this game so maybe too challenging. But I still think this is a great hack. Great job DarkRisingGirl and team. There's always room for improvement. Hope to see that in Dark Rising 2.

i have already beaten elite 4 and malice courtyard entrance is blocked, how should i go to castle. And i already captured zeshiram and that event was already done before i beat elite 4, now where should i go

Hmm... You could battle Giovanni in the cave between Water Caverns & Atlantic City since you couldn't before b/c his pokemon level was in the 90s. Otherwise I think you're done. I finished the pokemon league too and there's doesn't seem like anything else you can do. The blockage is probably because of bug issues. There's also another block issue going north from Pax Town. Dark Rising 2 continues to the Omni Region which is still being worked on and like Darkrisinggirl said that will probably not be released until after the release of Pokemon X and Y since there will be Pokemon X and Y in that version.

Satoshi Ookami
March 10th, 2013, 10:26 PM
When will be Dark Rising 2 released?..the first version was awesome i cant wait to see what you''ll do next
You should just ask in the DR2 thread...
Wait, scrap it, you shouldn't ask anywhere.
(Excuse to advise the DR2 thread)

alienhunterx
March 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Change your emulator's settings to Flash 128 KBytes and reset your emulator.

i have already beaten elite 4 and malice courtyard enterance is blocked, how should i go to castle. And i already capured zeshiram and that event was already done before i beat elite 4, now where should i go
If you are referring at those 4 higher grunts and Adrian then the beta 1 ends after them

there is on one to answer my question :-( i've w8ing for the reply but no one answering
What is your problem?????. Haven't met your question any where???

It is still a long way seeing that it's thread is yet to be made as well as it is in development

nomi1993a
March 11th, 2013, 05:02 AM
So my review of this hack. Pretty interesting storyline and very challenging. I enjoyed that the character you played actually communicated with the other person as well besides them just talking to you. I was looking for some of my favorite pokemon in this game like Latios and Latias but they weren't in this game. Oh well. At least all the starters were in this game. The only thing that would've made this game better is if all the bugs, sprites, and scripts were fixed. Sometimes there were invisible sprites so it made it seemed that you were talking to an invisible person, sprites were at locations but you can't talk to them (could cause a freeze in game sometimes), and some people who you could talk to were in the form of items, weird. lol.

Overall, I think is this hack is a 3 out of 5. Great storyline. A lot and I mean a lot of trainers to battle but very noticeable bugs, script errors, and tile errors. And challenging but expectancy is to get your pokemon by level 100 by the end of this game so maybe too challenging. But I still think this is a great hack. Great job DarkRisingGirl and team. There's always room for improvement. Hope to see that in Dark Rising 2.

Hmm... You could battle Giovanni in the cave between Water Caverns & Atlantic City since you couldn't before b/c his pokemon level was in the 90s. Otherwise I think you're done. I finished the pokemon league too and there's doesn't seem like anything else you can do. The blockage is probably because of bug issues. There's also another block issue going north from Pax Town. Dark Rising 2 continues to the Omni Region which is still being worked on and like Darkrisinggirl said that will probably not be released until after the release of Pokemon X and Y since there will be Pokemon X and Y in that version.

Thanx 4 the rly i loved the game, now we should w8 foq DR2 which seems like should not come before december. . , whould u help me which hack should i ply now

k-van
March 11th, 2013, 07:39 AM
If you're in Millennium City after defeating Yugi, your next destination is to go to twist woodlands because the gym is now opened. You can fly tiki village or fells town to reach it. If you're at the DR HQ, go to Huntik Route and you'll see a cave door, enter it and you'll be at trident waters, which is apart of the main map.

I just finished beating V-Reborn and I can't use fly because I apparently missed a gym somewhere, I can't get into the cave on Huntik Route and I cannot get into the cave right beside DR HQ. Now what am I supposed to do?

EDIT: Wait scratch that. I am retarded and completely forgot about the path north of Pax Town. :s

Sleeping Snorlax
March 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Im starting up a new team to take on the Elite 4 again and from ready over the posts in this thread it seems like Ferrothorn and Lucario are two of the better pokemon to use. Any other would you guys think are helpful? Also for anyone who has used Ferrothorn and Lucario, what move sets and natures should I be looking for and running?

This game is just to awesome to stop playing :)

As for my team, here you go (I forgot to screen cap during ceremony I was so excited that I finally got through lol)

Decided to redo the E4 with my original team again just so I can have my Hall of Fame picture to display.. if anyone cares to look at it :P
http://i.imgur.com/OyQvwG3.jpg

alienhunterx
March 11th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Im starting up a new team to take on the Elite 4 again and from ready over the posts in this thread it seems like Ferrothorn and Lucario are two of the better pokemon to use. Any other would you guys think are helpful? Also for anyone who has used Ferrothorn and Lucario, what move sets and natures should I be looking for and running?

This game is just to awesome to stop playing :)

Decided to redo the E4 with my original team again just so I can have my Hall of Fame picture to display.. if anyone cares to look at it :P
Actually where is Krookodile in your image :cheeky: and it depends on your own choice whether you want a good aggressive steel/fighting type or a defensive steel/grass type poke

Nirnir
March 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Hey, Is there a move deleter in this hack? I accidently taught Cut to my main pokemon and its just stuck there XD
Thanks...

Sleeping Snorlax
March 12th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Actually where is Krookodile in your image :cheeky: and it depends on your own choice whether you want a good aggressive steel/fighting type or a defensive steel/grass type poke

Hahaha. Yea I realized that I forgot to put Krookodile back into my team after I caught Rayquaza lol :(. Next to Snorlax he's my 2nd favourite. I will be using him in my second team. I think I would go with the aggressive approach :P. What moves work well against Lugia, I couldn't get any super effective hits and fighting didn't affect him?

timster
March 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Thanx 4 the rly i loved the game, now we should w8 foq DR2 which seems like should not come before december. . , whould u help me which hack should i ply now

Well I'm not sure which you have or haven't played yet but I'm starting now on Victory Fire. Great hack with an interesting storyline and cool sprites too. The grammar needs to be fixed but you still get an idea of what the text is saying.

cheatfreak23
March 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
DarkRisingGirl, you just made me love you with the reference to my favorite ROM Hack in Millennium City.

As far as my progress so far, Im at a point where Im considering releasing the Salamence I have so I can get a new Dragon type to replace it due to Dragonbreath being Salamence's only good Dragon move and it being so weak.

DarkRisingGirl
March 12th, 2013, 07:27 PM
DarkRisingGirl, you just made me love you with the reference to my favorite ROM Hack in Millennium City.

As far as my progress so far, Im at a point where Im considering releasing the Salamence I have so I can get a new Dragon type to replace it due to Dragonbreath being Salamence's only good Dragon move and it being so weak.

lol Thanks, but it should've learned Dragon Pulse at Lv30 when it evolved into Shelgon. Outrage may be coming soon so don't give up on your dragon. ^.^

cheatfreak23
March 12th, 2013, 07:47 PM
lol Thanks, but it should've learned Dragon Pulse at Lv30 when it evolved into Shelgon. Outrage may be coming soon so don't give up on your dragon. ^.^

It never learned Dragon Pulse, evolved into Shelgon at 31 I think, and I never use Outrage due to the Confusion effect. Plus, my Salamence was already Lvl 100 by the time I got to the SS Titanic.

Now that Ive beaten all the Gym Leaders, Im pretty much done with the game as far as I can tell. I will be reworking my team so that none of the Pokemon Ive got have been tainted by my use of Rare Candies. Im thinking of using the Giratina I caught as my Dragon type, a tossup between Sawk and Throh for my Fighting type, a new Jellicant for Water (never saw a female one in the entire hack), a new Victini for my Fire and Psychic (Or that Chandelure for Fire, but then I'd need to drop Giratina for Rayquaza as Dragon...)

All in all, Ive enjoyed few references I caught and had a blast following the story, but wasnt that keen on the idea of so much level grinding just to beat the Gyms. I mean, even with the VS Seeker (which you get after beating Brock the first time, which he's in the 40s range and Im probably only around 25 at the time) and then the Lucky Eggs (which are in the freaking Ice city which is the 5th or so Gym) to level up, it's still so much grinding that I'd rather just start with a Lvl 20 Pokemon Starter and grind up from there.

cheeseguy12
March 12th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Dark rising is an incredible hack and has a good chance of becoming the 2013 champion DarkRisingGirl keep it up :]

DarkRisingGirl
March 12th, 2013, 10:11 PM
It never learned Dragon Pulse, evolved into Shelgon at 31 I think, and I never use Outrage due to the Confusion effect. Plus, my Salamence was already Lvl 100 by the time I got to the SS Titanic.

Now that Ive beaten all the Gym Leaders, Im pretty much done with the game as far as I can tell. I will be reworking my team so that none of the Pokemon Ive got have been tainted by my use of Rare Candies. Im thinking of using the Giratina I caught as my Dragon type, a tossup between Sawk and Throh for my Fighting type, a new Jellicant for Water (never saw a female one in the entire hack), a new Victini for my Fire and Psychic (Or that Chandelure for Fire, but then I'd need to drop Giratina for Rayquaza as Dragon...)

All in all, Ive enjoyed few references I caught and had a blast following the story, but wasnt that keen on the idea of so much level grinding just to beat the Gyms. I mean, even with the VS Seeker (which you get after beating Brock the first time, which he's in the 40s range and Im probably only around 25 at the time) and then the Lucky Eggs (which are in the freaking Ice city which is the 5th or so Gym) to level up, it's still so much grinding that I'd rather just start with a Lvl 20 Pokemon Starter and grind up from there.

Did you defeat N & The 4 Knights, as well as Adrian, the champ?

alienhunterx
March 12th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Hey, Is there a move deleter in this hack? I accidently taught Cut to my main pokemon and its just stuck there XD
Thanks...
You can find the Move Deleter in Montage Fortress. His house is beside the PokeMart.

Hahaha. Yea I realized that I forgot to put Krookodile back into my team after I caught Rayquaza lol :(. Next to Snorlax he's my 2nd favourite. I will be using him in my second team. I think I would go with the aggressive approach :P. What moves work well against Lugia, I couldn't get any super effective hits and fighting didn't affect him?
Haa Go on with the aggressive approach then. By the way beating Dark Lugia is really a mess but I just used two moves and he was a fried egg ( Double Team and Thunderwave from my Eelektross )

Satoshi Ookami
March 13th, 2013, 01:04 AM

Luc is best as mixed sweeper, so get a nature that boosts either of attacking stats or speed stat (the attacking stats are better as Luc isn't that much of a quick Pokemon...) and decreases one defense stat (as Luc doesn't hold much anyway) probably the defense as special defense can sometimes come in handy against fire types.
As for the moveset... Zen Headbutt - Crunch/Shadow Ball - Aura Sphere - Ice Punch.
The second move depends on your choice and nature. If you have +Att, go for Shadow Ball, if +SpAtt go for Crunch (yes, it's reversed in the 3rd generation)

What moves work well against Lugia, I couldn't get any super effective hits and fighting didn't affect him?
It's XD001 in other words, Shadow Lugia, so it's obviously Dark/Ghost =D (should have been Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard, though...)

1) Giratina should not be caught as it belongs to Yami but screw that... it has only Shadow Ball and Dragon Claw as moves so it might not be that useful...
2) 3rd generation games do not allow form changing according to gender... (until Jambo finishes his patch, though)

Nirnir
March 13th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Wow this game is soooo buggy XD
When i use fly on a certain town it shows me one place, but when i use it to go there, it just takes me
to other town o-o
And when i use teleport it just teleports me to other freaky places o-o

Satoshi Ookami
March 13th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Wow this game is soooo buggy XD
When i use fly on a certain town it shows me one place, but when i use it to go there, it just takes me
to other town o-o
And when i use teleport it just teleports me to other freaky places o-o
Teleport is not good move to use in hacks as it follows the original Fire Red routes and most of hacks have different maps so this is what happens...
It's not only this hack's feature...
It's similar to double battle cloning bug.

nomi1993a
March 13th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Well I'm not sure which you have or haven't played yet but I'm starting now on Victory Fire. Great hack with an interesting storyline and cool sprites too. The grammar needs to be fixed but you still get an idea of what the text is saying.
yeh dude iam currently playing pokemon victory fire iam on 5th gym. . I gues it has only 7 gyms,which means the game isnt completed yet. . Any ways thanx again

cheatfreak23
March 13th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Did you defeat N & The 4 Knights, as well as Adrian, the champ?I didnt know what I was supposed to do about Dragon Stones, so I ended up deleting the hack. I didnt really see it as too important, but I might go for another fresh start later on, although I'll more than likely have to give myself a Lucky Egg to start off so Lvling up isnt as much of a chore.

1) Giratina should not be caught as it belongs to Yami but screw that... it has only Shadow Ball and Dragon Claw as moves so it might not be that useful...
2) 3rd generation games do not allow form changing according to gender... (until Jambo finishes his patch, though)

I caught it when he told me that he had weakened it. I do that with every Event Legendary: I catch first then defeat. Only Giratina was glitched with the MissingNo Circle and his Dex entry zoomed to Blitzle's. And mine had Shadow Claw and Dragon Claw. As far as the whole female Frillish and Jellicant, I didnt really mind much.

Sleeping Snorlax
March 13th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Haa Go on with the aggressive approach then. By the way beating Dark Lugia is really a mess but I just used two moves and he was a fried egg ( Double Team and Thunderwave from my Eelektross )

LOL. Yea I got half way through my E4 fight and realized that Krook was missing :P oh well. Used Rayquaza as my sacrifice to revive Gengar for the Destiny Bond ;). I ended up just waiting until that Dark Chaos move ran out of pp and spammed EQ with Landorus.... I guess I scrambled his egg haha

Luc is best as mixed sweeper, so get a nature that boosts either of attacking stats or speed stat (the attacking stats are better as Luc isn't that much of a quick Pokemon...) and decreases one defense stat (as Luc doesn't hold much anyway) probably the defense as special defense can sometimes come in handy against fire types.
As for the moveset... Zen Headbutt - Crunch/Shadow Ball - Aura Sphere - Ice Punch.
The second move depends on your choice and nature. If you have +Att, go for Shadow Ball, if +SpAtt go for Crunch (yes, it's reversed in the 3rd generation)

It's XD001 in other words, Shadow Lugia, so it's obviously Dark/Ghost =D (should have been Dark/Ghost with Wonder Guard, though...)

You my friend are a psychic. I was think of going with almost the exact same set. A Mild natured Lucario (+SpAtk -Def). Oh yes have to love the original physical/special splits. OH GOD! Shadow Lugia w/ wonder guard would be awful. I think I would actually cry then LOL

Mattysoxfan
March 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Is there any towns that have the large department stores where i can purchase vitamins? As soon as i get there i'm going to grind for money and start officially working on my team. Deciding if i want to go with a blaziken or infernape.

k-van
March 13th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I think I am stuck... I beat the gym in Millenium City and I can't use fly because I don't have the badge for it. Is there anywhere I can go?

DarkRisingGirl
March 13th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Is there any towns that have the large department stores where i can purchase vitamins? As soon as i get there i'm going to grind for money and start officially working on my team. Deciding if i want to go with a blaziken or infernape.

In Nummassity city.

I think I am stuck... I beat the gym in Millenium City and I can't use fly because I don't have the badge for it. Is there anywhere I can go?

Twist Woodlands is your next destination. You have to go to the gym there because its open now. If you're stuck at the DR HQ, download the new patch and go inside the cave door on huntik route to return to the main world map.

cheatfreak23
March 13th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Just so folks will be clear:

If you want to use Fly, you must beat the Gym Leader in Mystic Falls. After you clear out the Goons on the SS Titanic, exit the ship then run like you're going to the Pokemon Center but keep on going to the left. You'll see a Gym sign and 4 trainers in a closed off area that's not really a building. That's the Gym itself. Just beat the leader and you'll be able to use Fly.

alienhunterx
March 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM

What !! Then how do you except to beat it if Wonder Guard comes in too. ;)

cheatfreak23
March 14th, 2013, 12:02 AM

There is in fact a way to do it. It just takes some creative figuring.

overlordbrian
March 14th, 2013, 12:07 AM
There is in fact a way to do it. It just takes some creative figuring.

Doesn't wonder guard reduce HP to 1?

Use toxic and wait a turn.

cheatfreak23
March 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM

Use toxic and wait a turn.
Wonderguard makes it so that only Super Effective moves hit the Pokemon that has the Wonderguard ability. While Toxic is a viable option, there is a way that alot of folks overlook.

Satoshi Ookami
March 14th, 2013, 12:31 AM
You my friend are a psychic.
Yeah, I've been told that many times =D

Nah, that's only in Shedinja's case as it has 1HP as default.

Toxic, Entry Hazards, Sandstorm/Hail... There are many choices how to beat that kind of Pokemon.

nomi1993a
March 14th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Yeah, I've been told that many times =D

Nah, that's only in Shedinja's case as it has 1HP as default.

Toxic, Entry Hazards, Sandstorm/Hail... There are many choices how to beat that kind of Pokemon.

Besides this flying,rock,ghost,fire and dark type moves works perfect on it, i personly tested all

Satoshi Ookami
March 14th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Besides this flying,rock,ghost,fire and dark type moves works perfect on it, i personly tested all
We were just thinking how to beat it if it hypothetically had Wonder Guard as I suggested.

nomi1993a
March 14th, 2013, 01:16 AM
We were just thinking how to beat it if it hypothetically had Wonder Guard as I suggested.

Yes its speciality is wonder guard which means that only super effective moves hits shedinja, which i said earlier like wing attack, stone edge etc

cheatfreak23
March 14th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Yes its speciality is wonder guard which means that only super effective moves hits shedinja, which i said earlier like wing attack, stone edge etc

They were talking about Shadow Lugia, being a Dark and Ghost type, having Wonder Guard.

uran10
March 14th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I have oneq uestion, where do you get thunderbolt? I seriously need it on my lanturn

Mattysoxfan
March 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
[QUOTE=DarkRisingGirl;7578848]In Nummassity city.

I'm at the mansion right now. is it before or after that? Cause i ain't got no map to use.

Jilly Shears
March 14th, 2013, 07:07 PM
After some thought, I've decided that I want to try Dark Rising. Partly because of how many people like it, and partly because it's probably somewhat sacrilegious to be on the development team for the sequel without at least trying out the first one. >>

Not expecting to get that far without ragequitting, but we shall see.

alienhunterx
March 14th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Even moves like Rollout hit Wonder Guard. How can that be I wonder???

[QUOTE=DarkRisingGirl;7578848]In Nummassity city.

I'm at the mansion right now. is it before or after that? Cause i ain't got no map to use.
You mean Amarie's Mansion right?? Well after it is Iceland city and then after a long route of events comes Nummassity

Sleeping Snorlax
March 14th, 2013, 10:44 PM

Never expected this to spawn so many responses ;)

Satoshi Ookami
March 15th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Oh my... Let's make it quick.
Wonder Guard allows only super effective moves to hit, because Shedinja is a bug/ghost, it's killed by rock, fire, flying (from bug's type) and ghost, dark (from ghost type) moves.
As Shadow Lugia is Dark/Ghost, it has no weaknesses and that's why no attacking moves would work if it hypothetically had a Wonder Guard...

BLACKOUT
March 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.240.240/p403x403/156040_259720977497129_1870017062_n.jpg

FINALLY!!! Great hack! Can't wait for the next one!

Best way to beat the shadow lugia is to paralyze it, then leech seed it, then stall it out with potions and revives.

DH Pestilence
March 15th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I'm attempting to Nuzlocke this game, and I'm not too far, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone else done it in video format? If so I'd appreciate a link.

I've got to say so far this game is great, I only have one complaint... The trainers/wild Pokemon/xp rates don't really work with the boss fights in this. Somehow it needs to be changed so you don't have to grind SO much to be equally leveled.

Am I the only one who feels this way or?...

But everything aside, beautiful hack & thank you to all who took apart in it.

cheatfreak23
March 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Oh my... Let's make it quick.
Wonder Guard allows only super effective moves to hit, because Shedinja is a bug/ghost, it's killed by rock, fire, flying (from bug's type) and ghost, dark (from ghost type) moves.
As Shadow Lugia is Dark/Ghost, it has no weaknesses and that's why no attacking moves would work if it hypothetically had a Wonder Guard...

And let me prove you wrong with one move: Foresight.

Satoshi Ookami
March 16th, 2013, 01:54 AM
And let me prove you wrong with one move: Foresight.
Yeah, also a way. But that does not prove me wrong as XD100 would have no weakness before you use Foresight.
And... let's be serious here... There's no one who would have Foresight at that time on any Pokemon on their party.

Septentrion
March 16th, 2013, 05:13 AM
I'm attempting to Nuzlocke this game, and I'm not too far, but I'm determined to do it. Has anyone else done it in video format? If so I'd appreciate a link.

I've got to say so far this game is great, I only have one complaint... The trainers/wild Pokemon/xp rates don't really work with the boss fights in this. Somehow it needs to be changed so you don't have to grind SO much to be equally leveled.

Youtube User 2canentertainment tried and fail. You will spend most of your time grinding for sure

_________

OP:Thank you for linking my LP Playlist. I haven't even considered myself good enough to even mention myself. I can't even do link here myself.(it's the walkthrough with 22 at the end of the URL)

cheatfreak23
March 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Yeah, also a way. But that does not prove me wrong as XD100 would have no weakness before you use Foresight. And... let's be serious here... There's no one who would have Foresight at that time on any Pokemon on their party.Well, with the way you had worded things up there, it made you seem as if you were saying that there'd be no earthly way of beating a Wonder Guard Shadow Lugia with an attack move. But since Ive never even gotten to Shadow Lugia in this hack, I'd have no idea if it was legit plausible for someone to have Foresight (Or Oder Sleuth) on a Pokemon.

On a different note, Ive decided to give this hack another go cleanly. The only cheating Ive done was giving myself one Lucky Egg to start (Had to sacrifice the Potion in my PC to do so) to help out with the leveling and alter MudSlap so it's double strong and double PP but the Lower Accuracy is halved. My team as of Tiki Village:

Calm Gabite LVL 24 (Dragonbreath, Slash, Dig, Bite)
Gentle Ivysaur LVL 18 (Tackle, SleepPowder, LeechSeed, Vinewhip)
Lonely Pigeotto LVL 19 (Tackle, Gust, SandATK, QuickATK)
Serious Drilbur LVL 18 (Scratch, MudSlap, RapidSpin, Submission)

DH Pestilence
March 16th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Youtube User 2canentertainment tried and fail. You will spend most of your time grinding for sure

Yeah, I've spent a good time grinding. I'm subbed to him and watched most of his letsplay, I'm about where he is when he failed.

DarkRisingGirl
March 17th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Hey guys, after watching this video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQXmmB0aho&feature=c4-overview ) I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

Also, which I'm pretty sure most of you know, the DR2 thread has been posted for 2 weeks now. You can view it here if you haven't already: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

URGENT MESSAGE

I forgot to add, if everyone can please go to the Dark Rising 2 thread and read my urgent post. If you're interested, please submit your idea on the DR2 thread. Thank You!

kensarcher
March 17th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, after watching this video(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQXmmB0aho&feature=c4-overview ) I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

Also, which I'm pretty sure most of you know, the DR2 thread has been posted for 2 weeks now. You can view it here if you haven't already: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

URGENT MESSAGE

I forgot to add, if everyone can please go to the Dark Rising 2 thread and read my urgent post. If you're interested, please submit your idea on the DR2 thread. Thank You!

this is what i did just to beat shadow lugia
1st bring 50 pcs of revive
2nd bring pokemon that has a skill of perish song or destiny bond
3rd you must need a lot of patience co'z "dark chaos" skill of shadow lugia is max to 35(i think)

DoesntKnowHowToPlay
March 17th, 2013, 07:02 AM
You didn't disable Revives, perma-Sun Chlorophyll Stun Spores, or Destiny Bond. Honestly, I don't see how anyone has the patience for any of your mandatory endgame super-bosses, which all met the same fate in my game:

http://i.imgur.com/LQbnRNI.png

Regigigas's lack of high-PP ways to touch Gengar, combined with Substitute and parahax, gave me enough free turns to revive everyone in the middle of the match, refresh Destiny Bond PP, and then poke it to death with elemental punches. Everyone else ate a Stun Spore followed by Destiny Bond.

Frankly I don't see why people like this game so much when it has nothing but contempt for its players. Half of my team in endgame was good for nothing but cleaning up a few of the non-broken endgame threats, and half of those didn't even have legal sets. Never mind the fact that the rest of the game's level curve is out of whack (level 70 ubers before the 4th gym, anyone?) and in general an unpolished mess. If the faults I was finding were "too tiny" before, they certainly won't be now. I've gone through Cerulean Cave and Icefall Cave. I've seen the hack writing surrounding V and Light. I've been abducted by the Kecleon ship.

I wish you luck with your next hack, but I have to wonder how nobody seems to care about the issues that plague this one.

Sleeping Snorlax
March 17th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I'm SO convinced that Shadow Lugia is Unbeatable, seriously. I've seen some of you have beaten the game but I'd like to hear how you defeated Shadow Lugia. I just need to read & understand how something SO powerful could be beat lol. MAKE ME A BELIEVER! I know I made Shadow Lugia that way but I never thought it would be THAT tough. So I'd basically like to hear some war stories some you had with this beast.

I wouldn't say unbeatable just rather extremely difficult and annoying to beat. Lugia able to just spam its Dark Chaos move (which has like the max pp any move can have - 35 I think) and would OHKO every one on my team. Literally just kept reviving pokemon after they kept getting killed. Also my Blastoise the only one to tank that move, would get poisoned and then still die :( lol. Simply put I just waited the Dark Chaos and full restores out before being able to beat it. Also doesn't help that the champion has 6 pokemon as well

If the battle feels more like a battle and not a waiting game it would have been better, but I still love the hack

darniel
March 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I have a question. I'm stuck at Dark Rising HQ, even after I gave the sapphire (supposed to be emerald) to sydney. She keeps on telling me to go for a stroll! btw for somereason, why am i missing my 1st and 7th gym badge..

venusaurleader
March 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I am really enjoying the hack so far thanks DarkRisingGirl. I Have beaten one gym leader and my team so far is Bagon, Pidgeotto, Corphish and Tynamo. Should I switch a Houndoor for my corsphish or no, Houndoom has a decent movepool but I am not sure.

Sleeping Snorlax
March 17th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I have a question. I'm stuck at Dark Rising HQ, even after I gave the sapphire (supposed to be emerald) to sydney. She keeps on telling me to go for a stroll! btw for somereason, why am i missing my 1st and 7th gym badge..

Happened to me too. Try walking around outside and let the game cycle meaning that it goes day --> night --> then back to day (aka light outside to dark and back to light). Then once you go back everything should be fine

darniel
March 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Happened to me too. Try walking around outside and let the game cycle meaning that it goes day --> night --> then back to day (aka light outside to dark and back to light). Then once you go back everything should be fine

Wait does that mean I have to leave my vba on for like 12 hours? Or is there a more efficient way of imitating such a process.

cheatfreak23
March 17th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Alright, so after realizing that I chose the worst Starter in this hack as far as Special Attack goes, Im once again deleting the files and starting all over again. And more than likely, Im gonna end up using YAPE to tip the scales in my favor again.

Sleeping Snorlax
March 17th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Wait does that mean I have to leave my vba on for like 12 hours? Or is there a more efficient way of imitating such a process.

Oh no. The game moves at a much faster pace than the world we live it lol. Most likely that would take maybe a couple hours or so, I'm not exactly sure.

What I did was just use this time to grind some levels on my pokemon using the VS Seeker battling the second ranger near the HQ. I did this a couple times during the day with some break and it happened easily. The process shouldn't take more than a few hours at the most.

Hope it works out

alienhunterx
March 17th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I have a habit to keep my team happy and that is why I never fainted even 0.1 % of my poke in any hack that is why I just used Double Team, ThunderWave combo and then swap my team to finish of Shadow Lugia and I can say that it was not Immortal. Just did the job with two tries honestly !!!

Satoshi Ookami
March 17th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Tough? Powerful?
I must have been using wrong version...
I mean all you need is Umbreon... I did not even have team of 100 levels...
Umbreon can widstand any attack and is resistant to Dark Chaos which only poisons it and if Lugia's not Toxiced by Umbreon, it gets poisoned from Synchronize.
Game over.
Mewtwo was bigger pain in the butt...

DarrSwan
March 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I have a question! In the gameplay, do you use the genIII and before method of attack/special attack or do you change it to genIV and beyond's version?

icecool86
March 18th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but where is that guy that
lets u reteach a move to your pokemon

Siouxselle
March 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hey, I had a quick question if no one minds.

I've been trying to download Dark Rising for a little bit now. After the 'press Start' screen, I receive a blue screen and an error message that reads "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed". Then nothing else.

What can I do to fix this?

I answered my own question. Please disregard, nothing to see here folks!

Sleeping Snorlax
March 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Tough? Powerful?
I must have been using wrong version...
I mean all you need is Umbreon... I did not even have team of 100 levels...
Umbreon can widstand any attack and is resistant to Dark Chaos which only poisons it and if Lugia's not Toxiced by Umbreon, it gets poisoned from Synchronize.
Game over.
Mewtwo was bigger pain in the butt...

Well I wouldn't say its a piece of cake either, but after facing the E4 again I can say that I kinda agree with you. If someone doesn't come prepared then it can pose a problem for teams. But luckily I came prepared for it :cool:

alienhunterx
March 18th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I have a question! In the gameplay, do you use the genIII and before method of attack/special attack or do you change it to genIV and beyond's version?
Let me rephrase you what is already told many times previously... The game sticks on Gen 3 with many new added attacks of Gen 4-5 maybe. No physical/Special split but in Dark Rising 2 which is under development you will see that feature

Sorry if this has already been asked, but where is that guy that
lets u reteach a move to your pokemon
The Move Relearner is at Dark Rising Headquarters. Kindly refer my walk through for it

seppi65
March 19th, 2013, 11:08 AM
How Can I Start Playing the Game or Update?

Satoshi Ookami
March 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Oh... why people can't simply search before asking...?
It does NOT have physical/special split of IV generation.

How Can I Start Playing the Game or Update?
Download the patch, download the Fire Red ROM, download Lunar IPS and patch the ROM...
Again... search engine is your friend...

Well I wouldn't say its a piece of cake either, but after facing the E4 again I can say that I kinda agree with you. If someone doesn't come prepared then it can pose a problem for teams. But luckily I came prepared for it :cool:
Well... it's a piece of cake with Umbreon =) That's how I meant it.

Lucadelic
March 20th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Great and challencing hack i really looking forward to number 2! :D

moety5
March 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by moety5
1) As you know, I am a Mapper!

2) Want proof of my work? I posted a video of me revamping pallet town! That can be found here:
watch?v=E_SwEHaEn08

3) As for availability, I am usually on my computer everyday, The problem is, I'm not on this website most of the time. I do have a skype However, If you install it, You'll be able to know when I come online/Instant Message me/ Send me files/Voice chat and stuff

4) D.C.I.D.T right? Well lets see... Devoted? Yes, Consistent? Maybe (Not too sure what you mean by consistent) Interested? Yes, Determined? Yes, And A team player? Yes!

I'm sorry if I was suppose to post this Application somewhere else, But I'm not the Sharpest tool in the shed? ^^'

ANYWAY

Hope I'm accepted

Sleeping Snorlax
March 20th, 2013, 02:19 PM
LOL. This game has really messed up the way I play hacks. Literally spend a couple of hours training pokemon in my Light Platinum play through. I know have 2 fully evolved pokemon before even reaching 2nd gym.... I'm still in that Dark Rising mode haha

alienhunterx
March 20th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by moety5
1) As you know, I am a Mapper!

2) Want proof of my work? I posted a video of me revamping pallet town! That can be found here:
watch?v=E_SwEHaEn08

3) As for availability, I am usually on my computer everyday, The problem is, I'm not on this website most of the time. I do have a skype However, If you install it, You'll be able to know when I come online/Instant Message me/ Send me files/Voice chat and stuff

4) D.C.I.D.T right? Well lets see... Devoted? Yes, Consistent? Maybe (Not too sure what you mean by consistent) Interested? Yes, Determined? Yes, And A team player? Yes!

I'm sorry if I was suppose to post this Application somewhere else, But I'm not the Sharpest tool in the shed? ^^'

ANYWAY

Hope I'm accepted
Yes you can help I think but post your offer on this thread of Dark Rising 2.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

icecool86
March 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
AHHHHH TORNADUS GET IN THE ULTRA BALL
Its so crazy how this hack is way better then
the original games. You deserve income support
for this

phoenix master
March 21st, 2013, 07:33 PM
in pokemon dark rising can seadra evolve into kindra without trading

alienhunterx
March 21st, 2013, 10:20 PM
in pokemon dark rising can seadra evolve into kindra without trading
Yes all traded pokes evolve through different methods in this hack including Seadra which evolves at Lv 45

thjenvuongxh
March 23rd, 2013, 02:35 AM
man i have beated elite 4 and adrian , so after that what shall i do

DarkRisingGirl
March 23rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
man i have beated elite 4 and adrian , so after that what shall i do

That's the end of the hack. You have to play Dark Rising 2 to see what happens next. You can check it out over at the progression hacks section right here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=297933

UPDATE

For those of you still interested in Dark Rising 1.5(The Dark Rising Hack with upgraded graphics and 2 extra side events) I'm informing you all that the person fully in charge of that project is Still working on it very, very slowly. Although he has not completed much after Iceland City, he has left proof that he is still working on the project. Here it is:

MONTAGE FORTRESS!
http://i46.tinypic.com/14xr8l.png

Work and School has tied him down a lot, so don't expect a release any time soon. However, let it be known that it Will be completed...Someday.

ATTENTION SCRIPTERS

The current scripter for Dark Rising 2 is very busy and will not be able to script the required events needed to continue on with the hack. I'm asking All EXPERT SCRIPTERS reading this that if you're interested in applying to be apart of production for Dark Rising 2 & you have a good amount of free time, now's your chance to sign up over at the team discussion thread ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296569 ). Your assistance will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

SinDx
March 23rd, 2013, 07:17 AM
This is such a fun hack! (my first major pokemon overhaul, had only played Volt White before this)

I've never died this many times. Dratini is the wooooooorst starter :P

One question though: Is the wildlist.txt up to date? For example it doesn't include Drillburr in that first cave and the levels seem to be a little off too (text file says they're like 3-4 levels higher than what I'm encountering)

nouswalkons
March 23rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
I just ran into a glitch... at the very entrance to Dragon Valley, there's a Black Belt-looking guy, and if I try to battle him my game crashes. If you move to step in front of him, my sprite freezes, a '!' appears over his head, he walks forward and the screen goes red. If I talk to him from the side, the game freezes and goes red. Has anyone else encountered this?

I can avoid him by going to the very edge of the grass, out of his range of sight, and going around him but its still a pretty serious bug... thought I'd mention.

(Love the hack by the way, very challenging. But there are a massive amount of bugs, I hope DR2 will be better in that aspect.)

Ajduk
March 24th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Good God, sooooo many bugs, and I am still at the beginning of the game :/
It is a shame, really, since I liked the starter choice :)

alienhunterx
March 24th, 2013, 10:31 PM
UPDATE

For those of you still interested in Dark Rising 1.5(The Dark Rising Hack with upgraded graphics and 2 extra side events) I'm informing you all that the person fully in charge of that project is Still working on it very, very slowly. Although he has not completed much after Iceland City, he has left proof that he is still working on the project. Here it is:

MONTAGE FORTRESS!

Very nicely done there by Nightkymz but where is the entrance from the desert into the city??? :cheeky:

remmythedemon
March 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Hi everyone!
First i wanna say this is a great hack and i really enjoyed playing it (despite all the minor bugs and glitches) but today i encountered a big problem. I entered spirit tower, walked to the final floor and a (stupid) voice from my head said: "talk to giratina", i want to see what giratina has to say but my game freezed... That wasn't such a big problem if i saved my game before but i played about 3 or 4 hours without saving before freeze... Now i can only look at my character how it stands in front of giratina and does nothing... Can i do something or i must start play from my last save?

p.s. sorry for any mistakes but english is not my first language. i hope you understand what's my problem...

NightkymZ
March 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Very nicely done there by Nightkymz but where is the entrance from the desert into the city??? :cheeky:
hehre...Im using lappy now...a bit laggy but I attracted at ur comment.I try to re-size that building,So I can insert more tiles like gateway...Im also busy...So at night Ill change...

Satoshi Ookami
March 27th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Hi everyone!
First i wanna say this is a great hack and i really enjoyed playing it (despite all the minor bugs and glitches) but today i encountered a big problem. I entered spirit tower, walked to the final floor and a (stupid) voice from my head said: "talk to giratina", i want to see what giratina has to say but my game freezed... That wasn't such a big problem if i saved my game before but i played about 3 or 4 hours without saving before freeze... Now i can only look at my character how it stands in front of giratina and does nothing... Can i do something or i must start play from my last save?

p.s. sorry for any mistakes but english is not my first language. i hope you understand what's my problem...
Unfortunately, if your game freezes, there's no way out...
You need to return to your previous save...
And just to be sure, save before Giratina, or better before Spirit Tower.

pokemonmaster42
March 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
hi, y'all my question here is how far does this final beta go to. like is it a complete hack with all 8 gyms or what

i need to know

thanks

DarkRisingGirl
March 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM
hi, y'all my question here is how far does this final beta go to. like is it a complete hack with all 8 gyms or what

i need to know

thanks

Yes, it's complete. Hope you enjoy. ^.^