PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] [Vanilluxe] versus Beartic

Forever
April 29th, 2012, 11:41 PM
WINTER THEME although well actually it's winter in-game so it applies late fff. :(

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/3/39/584Vanilluxe.pnghttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/40/614Beartic.png

Who do you choose? :3

Hikamaru
April 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Vanilluxe for me, I love this two-headed ice-cream cone. It's also one of my fave Ice-types too.

Forever, today is the last day of Winter in Unova. Spring begins tomorrow...

I tried one out and it was amazing! Mine currently knows Hail, Acid Armor, Flash Cannon and Ice Beam. It's definitely the best of the 3 Ice-types available in BW before beating the main story.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/072/f/7/no_584_vanilluxe_by_daikun-d3bkdsm.jpg

I love this fanart of Vanilluxe, so frosty.

Yeah, Vanilluxe wins me over rather than Beartic.

Blue
April 30th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Vanilluxe all the way, I don't like any of the bear Pokémon and Vanilluxe was instantly up there with my favourite Pokémon and it's great to use.

PlatinumDude
April 30th, 2012, 03:19 AM
I kind of like Vanilluxe because I love to eat ice cream. Beartic is okay, though.

vaporeon7
April 30th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Seeing as they are pretty much both useless competitively, I'll go purely on design and fun factor. I voted for Vanilluxe because I like how it is based on ice-cream. I've never really liked Beartic and that ice beard thing either. Vanilluxe is also one of those Pokémon that are pretty fun to use for me like Sunflora or Lunatone. I wish it would get new flavours formes in BW2 that have different colour 'scoops'.

Jellicent♀
April 30th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Vanilluxe. It is just so super adorable it's ridiculous. <3
Plus, I actually happen to love its movepool and whatnot. Great special attack makes it even better to me. <3

Forever
April 30th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Seeing as they are pretty much both useless competitively, I'll go purely on design and fun factor. I voted for Vanilluxe because I like how it is based on ice-cream. I've never really liked Beartic and that ice beard thing either. Vanilluxe is also one of those Pokémon that are pretty fun to use for me like Sunflora or Lunatone. I wish it would get new flavours formes in BW2 that have different colour 'scoops'.

NU POKEMON ARE NOT USELESS COMPETITIVELY. THEY HAVE USE, OMG. :(

I've used Beartic in-game and it was okay buuut Vanilluxe is prettier, so :3;

And indeed Hikari10! Just fitting it in before the seasonal change ;)
...well technically a minute ago lool.

Guy
April 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I guess I'll be the first poster to say Beartic. Which to be honest, I never really did like at first. When I saw it in the anime for the first time, however, I instantly fell in love with it! I think it would do Beartic well if his sprite had him on all fours, rather than standing up though. Same with the artwork.

I've never used Beartic before, but I do have plans to when I finally pick up my White again and replay it before the release of B2/W2 in the US. I will say this though, Beartic could have really done well had it only been given a better move pool.

As for Vanilluxe, I just don't see the appeal. It's a double scoop ice-cream cone Pokémon. When I first saw this, I honestly had to ask myself, "What was GameFreak thinking?" I'm still waiting for them to get me back on that, but until then, I just don't really fancy Vanilluxe or its evolutionary line in general. I will say this though, Vanillite is cute. I just hope that when we eventually get a 6th Generation, GameFreak doesn't start turning more food products into Pokémon. They've got a lot more animal species they can cover before they start resorting to more food-like Pokémon in my opinion.

Does anyone see the logic in how an ice-cream cone can be faster than a bear by the way? I know Pokémon isn't known for their realism when it comes to things, but I just don't get this one.

Dixie Kong
April 30th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I like them both, but I'll pick the beary bear because I had more fun using him than ice cream. ;(

Sector
April 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Beartic just looks drop dead ugly. I have to choose Vanilluxe here.

Orpheo
April 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Beartic is more cool. But Vanilluxe is a best fighter!

Mr Cat Dog
April 30th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I've never understood why people hate the cool-ass (literally) Vaniluxe. Sure, it looks like an ice-cream, but when has anybody had a bad word to say about ice-cream? Bears, on the other hand, are nothing but bad news, what with all the killing of people and such. Apart from allergy-related deaths, did ice-cream ever kill anybody? Probs not. Also, Beartic is fugly and slow whereas Vaniluxe is kooky and quick-ish.

Vaniluxe, hands down.

Thundurus!
April 30th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Vanilluxe no doubt
Even though I'm hating its design, its 535 base stat total is hard to say no to. Pretty good defenses, Acid Armor, and its capabilities of sweeping with Ice Beam/Flash Cannon/ Explosion makes it way better than Beartic

Kenshin5
April 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Pretty much echoing what Aerilyn said Beartic won me over with its appearance in BW as Georgia pokemon. I have used both pokemon in the game and like both of them, but I like Beartic slightly more.

Gonzo
April 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I've chosen Vanilluxe, just because of it's design, really. Pure Ice is weak and you get Both Pokemon kinda late in the game so I didn't even use them yet. I guess both would be lame, lol.

Kaori
May 1st, 2012, 02:11 AM
Beartic! He's just screaming HUG ME but it's a demand. Plus its pre-evolution is the cutest.

Vanillite is the best designed in the line of the ice cream Pokémon anyway. Vanilluxe just looks like it used one of those simple computer effects to make a twin of itself.

I've never used Beartic or Vanilluxe in a battle, but in the end Beartic gets my vote for the design and the best evolution line out of the two.

Ephemeral Euphoria
May 1st, 2012, 02:20 AM
Beartic for me since it has a better design and movepool than Vanilluxe imo, that and I like bears to begin with so yeah.

Zephele
May 1st, 2012, 02:34 AM
I've used neither in game before, but design-wise, I do prefer Beartic ever so slightly. I'm not sure why, though. Probably because of that ice beard. Even if it is likely to be frozen snot in the shape of a beard, considering Cubchoo...

Archer
May 1st, 2012, 03:58 AM
While they're both pretty cool, I'd have to say that Vanilluxe has a more original flavour.

Atomic Pirate
May 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM
I don't necessarily like either, but BeardTic is much more creative than an ice cream cone. Seriously, Game Freak, a FREAKING ICE CREAM CONE?!?!?

And BeardTic is stronger, as well.

Not to mention it has a killer beard.

Sodapop
May 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM
I'd probably try to eat Vanilluxe.

SnowpointQuincy
May 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'll admit that Vinillux is a better pokemon. I'll even point out that Beartic's signiture move Icicle Crash has a 30% chance to flinch is useless because he has a speed of 50.

I love Beartic. I predicted a polar bear pokemon and I got my wish. Vinellux has his place to, but Beartic is going to lose this poll, so I voted for him.

voltianqueen
May 1st, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'm going to have to say Beartic! I don't really like Vanilluxe's design, he's just...oh, I dunno. I just think Beartic is cooler :P

Aquarius1997
May 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
GOTTA CATCH EM ALL ... EXCEPT BEARTIC

Beartic is so FUGLY. that beard and that crotch ughhhh

Vanilluxe on the other hand is actually cute with its happy-go-lucky ice cream faces

GoombaGeek
May 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
In my part of Canada it snowed last week so technically still winter I guess.

And yeah, I vote Vanilluxe because its lack of serious business is awesome. Beartic is like "BLAARGH I'M A POLAR BEAR BUT NOT COOL".

And why do people say the inanimate-object mons are lame? I think they're pretty awesome. I mean, ICE CREAM. It's HAPPY ICE CREAM! Seriously, Vanilluxe rocks.

Captain Fabio
May 4th, 2012, 01:48 AM
An ice cream or a bear that has a ice beard?

Beartic FTW!

Mentalii
May 6th, 2012, 05:12 AM
WHAT? Vanilluxe is winning?
Guys... That's an icecream ! No matter it's cute, turning food into Pokémon is so uninspired...
So I voted for Beartic. The idea of a polar bear sounds better to me.

Forever
May 6th, 2012, 05:16 AM
You bear peoples are crazy tbh, Vanilluxe @ best. Unstickying now becauseeeeee the next weekly poll shall be soon! The results of this will be in like, a day. Feel free to continue discussing!!

Hikamaru
May 6th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Yeah Nica, but I have come to the conclusion that Vanilluxe has won.

I was not expecting that result cos I know that a lot of people hate Vanilluxe. I'm not one of those Vanilluxe-haters.

I have a very good one in Black, female with Timid nature. She currently knows Ice Beam, Hail, Acid Armor and Flash Cannon.

chaos11011
May 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I like Vanilluxe better than Beartic as the ice cream of doom is my 5th favorite Pokemon. Though, it would've been cool if it got Hydro Pump or Water Absorb (that straw! :0). I mean, at least then it could have a title other than being in the Top 15 NU Pokemon. :/

xGunLuis
May 6th, 2012, 08:50 AM
i think both the polar bear and the ice cream cone have their own unique strengths and weaknesses. personally i wouldnt use either but its still nice to see them :D

Forever
May 6th, 2012, 04:07 PM
WHAT how is Beartic catching up this is terrible! 5 hours to go, can you make it Vanilluxe? COME ON GUYS, CASTELIACONES WERE BASED ON IT OR SOMETHING.

pknight96
May 6th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Vanilluxe, 'cause I HATE Georgia (anime). Plus, Vanilluxe is adorkable.

Taokaka
May 6th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Vanilluxe is just odd, but Beartic is like an Ursaring with DOUBLE THE AWESOMENESS.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 8th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Beartic for me haha cause a polar bear just makes sense for an ice type :) I know an ice cream technically makes sense as well but Beartic just looks cool (no pun intended lol) :)