PDA

View Full Version : [OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Pages : [1] 2

Axeliira
May 10th, 2012, 01:50 AM
★ The New Users' Hangout ★

[css-div="width: 700px; height: px;"][css-div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; -moz-border-radius: 2em 2em 2em 2em; border-radius: 2em 2em 2em 2em;"]Welcome to PC, and welcome to NU/W's New Users' Hangout! Yep, the New Users' Hangout has been resurrected!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
This is the thread where new members can test the waters of what our community is like here, and maybe break the ice here. Meet fellow other new members that joined the same day or same time as you did, and also get to know other staff members and regular members here!

You are more than welcome to make your first post here, but it is highly encouraged to make your own introduction thread, so you can be welcomed personally by members here. :D We're really friendly, so don't expect us to bite or anything! Don't know how to make an intro? You can ask one of us here. :)

A few things to know before posting:
- Anyone is welcome to post here: Just because this is a "New Users" chat, does not mean it's *just* for new users. The main purpose of this thread is to take away the feeling of intimidation most new members have, and make them feel comfortable in the community. Remember, we were once new members here! So let's spread the love, yes?

- Less spam, more fun: If you're someone aiming for the "Almighty 15" (aka trying to reach 15 posts just to post images and/or links), please do not spam up 15 posts in this thread. Snivy and Megan strive to keep this thread clean, and free of mess. It is highly recommended to explore other areas of the forum, rather than just relying on this thread for post count. Also, spam is not cool.

- Exploring other areas: As this is a chit-chat thread for new members, there are other chit-chat threads for you to visit if you want to mingle with a wide variety of members around the community, as well as explore other areas of the forum.
~The Daily Chit-Chat (OC&D) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=259955)
~Trade Corner (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270351)
~Challenges (GPGD) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=220776)
~Culture & Media (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=267990)
~Competitive Battling (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=255517)
~Pokemon General (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=264853)

- Feeling lost? Need help?: Check out Snivy's Helpful Links & Information (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=276751) page and you'll see some important yet useful links such as quick questions thread, links to the IRC chat, PC rules section and more! Just a note - it's okay if you have just one question. If you have questions regarding the forums as a whole, you might want to post it in Quick Questions thread at the PC Community Questions & Feedback.

-Adoption Center Discussion: As the Adoption Center thread only allows 3% chit-chat (basically not allowed in the thread unless you are requesting a mentor), this thread will now allow discussion regarding the program. Current mentors and mentees are welcome to post feedback/testimonials, share stories with other mentees as well as regular members, and encouragement to future mentees who would consider applying.

ONE MORE THING before we start the party and turn up the music /is a dj All NU/W (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=276896) and the Global PokeCommunity (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6446812) rules apply here, especially the 4-word/25 Character rule and intentional double posting.

Have fun!~
[/css-div][/css-div]
credit for teh thread goes to that one big green dino (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=215121)~

revere
May 10th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Heya peeps, I'm MidnightShine. I'm a user for 2 months now. Things are going smoothly here. Made some new friends too. If you feel like chatting with someone, I'm available, VM/PM me.

Also, to any newbies/ new users who come by here, a big welcome from me & don't forget to make friends & have fun. Make sure you follow the rules. Haha.

See ya guys next time.

CoraCoraNekaku
May 10th, 2012, 03:24 AM
I'm new here and this place looks interesting :)

Axeliira
May 10th, 2012, 05:13 AM
MidnightShine is right! For any new member just joining, you will love exploring this place and it's a better chance that you'll want to stay! ;3 Don't be shy!

Great to see ya around, CoraCoraNekaku! :3 How are you liking it here?

Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup
May 10th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Welcome to PC CoraCoraNekaku and i hope your enjoying it here
Late welcome to MidnightShine as well
If you ever need someone to talk to then VM me

CoraCoraNekaku
May 10th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Its fun so far here I am enjoying it

Hikamaru
May 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hi CoraCora, I'm Hikari.

Nice to meet you!

If you ever want to talk to someone, I'm always available! Don't worry, I won't bite... (don't let the avatar and signature fool you, I really hate him *looks at usertitle*) you can be my latest friend if you like.

MoonCrow
May 11th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm really happy with this community, guys! Looks and makes one feel great! I wish we had this quality in portuguese foruns...

Axeliira
May 11th, 2012, 12:30 PM
That's how I was when I was new. Everything was so organized, and today it still is. ^_^

How's everything treating ya, MoonCrow? Great to see ya here btw! ^_^

awolfsquared
May 12th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Welcome CoraCoraNekaku and other new members. I'm AWsquared. I just made a return after a hiatus. Hope you guys have a fun time here and like Meganium90 said, exploring is the best way to become acquainted here.
Don't just stick in one thread post all over.

revere
May 12th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Welcome, CoraCora & MoonCrow. Welcome to PC. Havin' fun?

Hikamaru
May 12th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I'm really happy with this community, guys! Looks and makes one feel great! I wish we had this quality in portuguese foruns...

Hi MoonCrow, welcome to PC!

I'm Hikari and I liek Oshawottz. Send me a PM/VM if you want to talk to me.

Misthallery
May 12th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Hi there! I'm Misthallery and - despite my rather foolish avatar - I'm gonna post here seriously!

Also, my favorite Gen 5 Poke is Reuniclus cus it's so cute. <3

Axeliira
May 12th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Hey there Misthallery! <3 How are you on this fine day?

Why not make yourself at home, and create an introduction thread so you can be welcomed personally, yes?

Oh, I so agree that Reunclius is a cute Pokemon. :3

Misthallery
May 12th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hey there! I'm great, how are you?

Yes, Reuniclus is very cute. But I also have a soft spot for Meowth. For some reason.

Hikamaru
May 12th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hi Misthallery, I'm Hikari - a Unova Fangirl.

I'm so excited for B2/W2! And yeah, Reuniclus is awesome cos it's a major threat on Trick Room teams.

Contact me if you wanna chat!

MoonCrow
May 12th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hi MoonCrow, welcome to PC!

I'm Hikari and I liek Oshawottz. Send me a PM/VM if you want to talk to me.

Hey there, Hikari!

Y u no liek Mudkipz???!

Obesesniper93
May 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM
New here, just looking to learn some more of the ins and outs of the games I already love.

Axeliira
May 12th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Games as in Pokemon games? If so, which one's your fave? :3

Welcome, btw. :D

Squirrel
May 12th, 2012, 04:46 PM
New here, just looking to learn some more of the ins and outs of the games I already love.

Hi, welcome to the forum! c: Which games in particular are you interested in? I had a similar interest as you so I spent quite a while looking up all the game mechanics and such for the main series games, so feel free to contact me if you want to talk about this stuff! Hopefully I can tell you a lot that you wanted to know :D

CarcharOdin
May 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hello, name's CarcharOdin, but you can also call me Tyler. Just signed up here, so if you want to know some things about me, just ask.

Squirrel
May 12th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hello, name's CarcharOdin, but you can also call me Tyler. Just signed up here, so if you want to know some things about me, just ask.

Brilliant, welcome to the forum Tyler! So obvious question; what's your favourite Pokemon? ^^ I suggest you make a welcome thread so we can get to know you a bit better and then we'll know what to ask! c:

Axeliira
May 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM

Great to see ya here, Tyler! :3

I'll wait for you to answer OzCake's question, because that was what I was meaning to ask myself as well. :D And you just signed up, which is super awesome. :D

CarcharOdin
May 12th, 2012, 06:06 PM
My favorite Pokemon are listed in my profile, but if I had to pick a favorite I'd say Charizard simply because I coveted that Pokemon card so much in my youth (oh, how I miss it).

blue_eevee
May 13th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Hey Guys I'm new here
Sounds like a nice place, I'm always up for a chat or something, help ideas, I know it's wrong spot but any support wanted for hacks I can try to give but I'm still training

revere
May 13th, 2012, 04:56 AM

Hey Guys I'm new here
Sounds like a nice place, I'm always up for a chat or something, help ideas, I know it's wrong spot but any support wanted for hacks I can try to give but I'm still training

Hey guys, wassup? MidnightShine here. Havin' fun at PC? Always remember to follow rules here. If you guys wanna chat, VM/Pm me. I promise that I don't bite. Also, if you need help in some parts of ROM hacking, you can also contact me. See ya, guys.

Axeliira
May 13th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hey Guys I'm new here

It's fine, as long as you don't list or go tl;dr about them. :D Welcome! :3

Ahhh, those glory days when I was into ROM Hacking...can't believe it's been two years ago :|

Zoarark
May 13th, 2012, 08:23 AM
hey im new nice to know friendly people are here.

Sheep
May 13th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hope all you new members have been enjoying browsing around so far. :D And yep, Zoarark, there's a lot of nice people here! It's one of the many reasons why I come online daily.

jemdude
May 13th, 2012, 10:49 AM
hello there my name is jemdude I will be making reguler posts hope you are friendly

Jemdude

Axeliira
May 13th, 2012, 10:52 AM
hey im new nice to know friendly people are here.

hello there my name is jemdude I will be making reguler posts hope you are friendly

Jemdude

Hey there, you guys! Glad to see you two breaking the ice and joining us! :3 I hope you guys have a wonderful time. :D There's a ton of people that are friendly like Cirno mentioned. So, you'll get acquainted in nooo time. :3

Chris41279
May 13th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'm new also! Nice to meet you all.

Do we have any Old School gamers here? I've been gaming for many years, and still a hardcore gamer at heart!

Axeliira
May 13th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Old school game myself here! :3 I adore the 2nd generation games, especially silver. I still own the physical copy...just that it needs a game boy XD

Chris41279
May 13th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I used to own a GBA, GBC and regular GB. I even (ashamedly) owned a Game Gear for a bit. I didn't take to it too much, and eventually got rid of it. I now own a PSP and am working on a 2nd DS.

I think i've owned 12-13 consoles or so, let's see. This is just a quick list.
- Intelevision
- Colecovision w/ Atari Adaption Module
- NES/SNES/N64/Wii
- PS 1/2
- Bet you never heard of this one, I owned a Jaguar system
- Philips CDi (Bought from a friend, wasnt that interesting, but very realistic)
- Virtual Boy (Hated it, made me nauseous)
- Xbox 1 and currently own a 360
- Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn and Sega CD. I miss the Gen and CD! They had some great games for their time!

and that's about it.

As for Pokemon games, I've only played FR/LG, DPP and Now Black. I will eventually play White and of course B2W2.

I've also been a hardcore PC Gamer since 1997. And now MAINLY only PC Game.

Oryx
May 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I saw an NES and an SNES at the flea market today! They were 50 and 40 bucks respectively though so I didn't go for them. It would be nice to have but not for that much. I don't think they even made Pokemon games for either of those, right? Haha xD;

Chris41279
May 13th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Not that i can remember. Trying to remember when it first came out

andddddddddddddd Nope! With a quick google search, it appears they first came out on Game Boy in 1996. Still, either way! They were great back then, and are now!

And everytime i've seen an NES or SNES at the flea market or somewhere. They always want 40-50 also. I guess it's for collectible reasons or what not. I dont know

Axeliira
May 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
^oh my god. the flea market people that sell old gaming consoles want big money for them. Like this one time, I saw a SNES, and they want it for $120. I'm like.......you gotta be kidding me. It's not even brand new. lol

I need more games for the 360 though. I have Mass Effect 2 and Call of Duty. /scours around the VG forum

Chris41279
May 13th, 2012, 08:39 PM
OMG have you tried ME3 yet????? *Droooooooool* Looks to be a FANTASTIC game!

And yea, those "Dealers" at the flea market!!! GRRRRRR! I Swear they all wanna get rich selling there junk.. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do though, right?

Cid
May 15th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Mass Effect 3! Now that's a game I want to try out someday. Not entirely a genre I prefer but it's still awesome-looking.

Right. SNES for $120? Talk about unreasonable. But I know at least someone who's got the grand (and the unforgivable need to buy an SNES) would pay for that much.

A late welcome to the forums, Chris!
You have the same nickname as I (that is, irl), although I have two first names.

Chris41279
May 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you very much, Cid! Nice to meet you!

Chris is my real name :) I am Poke Viper on the online server.

Yea, ME3 looks great! Part 1 was phenomenal. 2 was pretty good too. Bioware usually makes good stuff, even though it seems they didnt do to well with SWTOR. But either way.

I'd never pay $120 for any old school system. I might pay $120 for a used 360 or something. But surely not a Nintendo of ANY kind! Even a Wii!

Trainer Wants to Battle!
May 15th, 2012, 10:35 AM
$120 for a SNES? That's a bit overkill....

There was a Flea Market I go to once a year, they had a few SNES's there, as well as N64's and etc. Most of them were in the $20-$50 range, and games were $2.

By the way Chris, Mass Effect 3 is well worth the money. It's a lot of fun and even quite difficult in spots, but is enjoyable the whole way through. (except the ending.)

Chris41279
May 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I plan on picking it up before the summer's out! I've heard TONS of great reviews on it, and the trailers i've seen make it look phenomenal!

Sector
May 15th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Well hello new members! Hope everyone is feeling welcomed they deserve in here. Definitely the friendliest forum I've participated in, and hope everyone becomes highly active :D

I just had to ask about Mass Effect 3 while we're on the flow of discussing it, they added Cooperative play to ME3 didn't they? Personally think they shouldn't had done that, but oh well. Borderlands was popular and successful so never know until we attempt it right?

I'm more of a Fallout person, then again I never really "owned" a Mass Effect game before.

Chris41279
May 15th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Hey Sector,

Yea they added Co-op stuff, but i've yet to experience it. I've seen youtube vid's and it looks pretty good.

I dont know if the multiplayer is optional or required for certain things. But i'd be fairly sure to assume that its just an optional side thing you can do. Just in case you had friends over that wanted to play or what not i guess.

Never played Fallout or Borderlands honestly. The game trailers and info i had read on them didnt sell me. I'd been pretty played out on alot of games at that time anyway.

Trainer Wants to Battle!
May 16th, 2012, 06:22 AM
The Multiplayer both is and isn't required honestly.

There is nothing forcing you to play it of course, however, to get the best endings playing multiplayer is almost required, it also makes it much easier to attain.

Personally, I haven't touched the multiplayer, and probably won't. I liked the single player aspect of ME3, and I'm afraid the co-op would ruin it for me.

Chris41279
May 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yea, i have to agree. While i loved the Mass Effect line of games (As well as the KOTOR series), and the Co-op looks great! The fact is, it's meant to be our own personal story!

xSkullKing16x
May 16th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I think I'll hang out here a bit, even though can I be considered that new? Dunno. Well, I'm here anyway! :D

Snivy063
May 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Sure, no worries you are still a new member, so why don't you get yourself known to your fellow new members as well? :D

Anyway, welcome aboard! ^^

Himsati
May 17th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Hi everyone! Im new here :3
im kinda a newbie hacker. i hope ill learn something in my stay ^__^

Hikamaru
May 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Himsati, I'm not an expert hacker myself but the Emulation section is full of hackers you'll want to meet.

Kurui
May 17th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Totally yay~ for there being old school gamers here. Out of all of my consoles, including old school ones, SNES and Famicom are my favorites! I also like PSX too, because I'm a heavy RPGamer.

Axeliira
May 17th, 2012, 05:37 PM
For those of you I haven't welcomed or just joined, welcome! :-)

Feel free to explore plus pm me or snivy or any other staff member if you have any questions or need any help! Its nice to see new members getting along and having a good time!

farihazach
May 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Hi guys! I just decided to check this little thread out.

Totally yay~ for there being old school gamers here. Out of all of my consoles, including old school ones, SNES and Famicom are my favorites! I also like PSX too, because I'm a heavy RPGamer.

SNES is indeed awesome. It seems to have some of the best classics. Personally I like Super Mario RPG and Earthbound! Any particular favorites for you (or anyone else here)?

Chris41279
May 17th, 2012, 06:28 PM
When it comes to SNES - The Legend of Zelda - A link to the Past is my absolute favorite! Earthbound was a great game too! Not one of my tops, but one i reminisce about fondly!

NES I'd have to say Ultima Quest of the Avatar! Also another great game!

realdonnyv
May 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hey guys, anyone want to trade the same pokemon? I really want an Adamant/Jolly Drilbur.

Kurui
May 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I love LoZ:LTTP. It is my second favourite Zelda installment beaten only by LoZ:MM for the N64. For SNES/Super Famicom I LOVE Star Ocean and Super Adventure Island. I couldn't live without those games!

farihazach
May 17th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I forgot about Link to the Past! That really is a classic; I would put it above Ocarina of Time. Pardon my ignorance, but what is Star Ocean? The name is familiar, but I know I haven't played it before.

Trainer Wants to Battle!
May 17th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Personally, my favorite game on SNES has to be Chrono Trigger, I love that game, it was a nice change of pace from Final Fantasy on NES.

Kurui
May 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
It is a sci-fi RPG series developed by Tri-Ace. My favourite game of all time is the second game in the series, SO: The Second Story, released on the PSX. You can tell the game is heavily influenced by Star Trek (or at least it seems so to me o.o). I am a science fiction NUT; Absolutely love mixing Sci-fi, fantasy, and roleplaying together!

farihazach
May 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool series! I checked out a summary of the games and they do seem to have similarities with Star Trek. I'm right there with you when it comes to Sci-fi stuff, especially when it comes to Star Wars and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Axeliira
May 17th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Any Super Mario game released on the SNES is my favorite. I think my all-time fave would be Super Mario World. I can't stop playing that game omg <3

Hey guys, anyone want to trade the same pokemon? I really want an Adamant/Jolly Drilbur.

We have a Quick Trade Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278248) for that if you're looking for trading with someone. You are less likely to get an offer here.

Cid
May 17th, 2012, 11:08 PM
You guys have really good tastes in video games. :) For the SNES, specifically! I mean, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World whoa. I personally like Yoshi's Island a lot. And also Final Fantasy III (more aptly released as Final Fantasy VI in Japan, soon also used in the GBA release). And yeah I wish I could have tried out Star Ocean when I first encountered it. Might have helped me be more familiar with sci-fi, maybe even make me a Star Trek fan like you guys.

All this talk reminds me, you guys should check out the Video Gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) section of the forum if you haven't. Maybe some retro discussion would do it good. :D Welcome everyone.

igotpokeballz
May 18th, 2012, 11:17 AM
heeeeeeey,im igtpokeballz, and i'm a huuuuge pokefan!!! i luv pokemon hacks and stuuf. and i reallllly like soul eater!!!!!!!

Chris41279
May 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Welcome igotpokeballz! There are some awesome forums for Hacks on PC! Glad to have you here with us!

Super Mario World is definitely a GREAT game! One of my favorites in the Mario series, aside from Super Mario Bros 3, or any of the Mario Kart games as im a huge racing fan too!

Anyone remember EXCITEBIKE? I know its olllllddd school, but it was a fun game!

Or how about Caveman Ughlympics? That was a crazy game too! Instead of Pole Vault, You'd vault over a T-Rex, and you know what happens if you miss! Or Matetoss, instead of throwing a discuss you toss your wife! LOL

EDIT: And yea, maybe we should take the gaming topic to the Video Games forum, i think we're derailing this thread as is now.

Axeliira
May 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Well, I think everything is going well as is. I mean, the main point of this thread is new members get along with each other, and that's what I've been seeing while I was online from my phone the past three days. xD I see a few new members like video games, which is a good thing. xD Great conversation starter, btw.

Also, welcome aboard, igotpokeballz! We're a friendly bunch. Have you made an introduction yet? You should! Best way to get welcomed personally. <3

Chris41279
May 18th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Good to hear, Megan! LET THE GAMING DISCUSSION CONTINUE! WOO!

farihazach
May 18th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Sweetness! So how about that Excitebike? I remember playing that a while ago on Animal Crossing. the game allowed you to find old-timey NES games that you could play whenever. I remember Excitebike in particular taking up a lot of my time.

Trainer Wants to Battle!
May 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
That was one of my favorite parts of the original Animal Crossing, Wish they'd included that, or maybe some SNES or GB games in Wild World and City Folk.

and I hate to say it, but the first time I played Excitebike was on a GBA game WarioWare: Twisted, you had to turn and tilt the game boy accordingly to go faster, slower, and angle your bike. It was hard,but it was a lot of fun and an interesting 'spin' on the game.

Axeliira
May 18th, 2012, 08:02 PM
THOUGH... I would like to emphasize the spam rule in the first post. I highly encourage everyone of you to explore other areas of the forum instead of just relying on post count in this thread. I haven't seen anyone break this rule as of yet (which is good! <3)

Holy jdbeiduciu EXCITEBIKE. I would like to play this game again. Brings back my childhood memories.

How's everyone been, btw? How's PC treatin' ya? (be sure to keep negative comments away from this thread, trying to keep things positive here!)

Cid
May 19th, 2012, 02:40 AM
And yea, maybe we should take the gaming topic to the Video Games forum, i think we're derailing this thread as is now.

Don't worry. I wasn't implying that at all. I usually just throw in a few links around the forum here and there in case you miss it as a newbie. You know, those scenarios where you didn't even know PC had a place like that. It's all in good intentions. You guys can talk about anything as long as the current topic allows it or if the conversation feels like it can use a new one. ;D

Back on track, I really feel bad for not giving much attention to Excitebike back then. We had that game for the NES, and I just...neglected it. Only my siblings probably indulged in it. But yeah, I do remember it being one of the microgames in WarioWare and that made me want to play it, too. I'll probably resort to sneakier ways now.

Chris41279
May 19th, 2012, 03:19 AM
There's an Excitebike: World Rally on the Wii. From what i read it's 1000 points which i believe equals $10. It's side scrolling also, but just more 3D ish graphics. AND It has background music during the race, which i dont think the original Excitebike had. All you heard was the engine throttling.

Cid
May 19th, 2012, 03:40 AM
That's pretty cool. For a WiiWare game, I wouldn't expect a 3D remake of a beloved game. I'll probably not resort to it unless I really wanted to play something like that because, frankly, I don't have points on the Wii. And I don't even know yet if I'll enjoy it enough to make it worth it, if I do decide to nab one.

Anyway, I'll settle with the old Excitebike. ;o;

PokeGirlBel
May 19th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Hello all :) Just saying hi since I joined a week or so ago.

Hikamaru
May 19th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Hi PokeGirlBel, it's a year and 2 months since I joined so yeah, after stumbling a bit I eventually got the experience for introducing new members.

And yeah, nice sig btw. Hikari liekz Oshawottz.

Cid
May 19th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Hey there, Bel! And a late welcome to you. :)

I'm pretty similar to Hikari, just add three years and a pinch of inactivity and that's me. Don't follow my example, though! No not the length of stay, the inactivity! There's nothing more depressing than missing anything important that happens to people you grow to like, and maybe even the light day-to-day chatter that you could have participated in. Especially when you eventually settle in a place like this. Anyway, have you been going around? I've seen you in the SE Fanclub and I think that's great! I hope you continue to keep us company.

And I like Oshawott and Bianca, too, including her Japanese name. ;D You know, yours and Hikari's avatars complement really well, haha. I'm starting to warm up with their new looks.

On another topic since some of you mentioned AC a few posts back:
I can't wait for the Animal Crossing game currently in development for the 3DS!

Sodom
May 19th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Oh wow I didn't realise this place had started back up again! Hey guys, I'm Andy :D. But you can all call me Andy. Because that is my name.

We should totally play a sickeningly sweet game where we all list a random fact about ourselves or something... like they do at university orientation lmao

Chris41279
May 19th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Sure! Why not!

I've owned as many as 37 snakes at the same time, and the largest i've owned was a 15' Albino Burmese Python :) (Fact, not fiction, nor exaggeration)

How's that? :)

F1refly
May 19th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Hey. I'm F1refly and I'm from sunny South Africa.
I keep various reptiles and Invertrebrates and am a Avid gamer and Anime Freak :P

Chris41279
May 19th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Hey F1refly! What do you keep? I've bred various morphs of Ball Pythons and Redtails. My favorite's are Piebald Ball Pythons and Hypomelanistic Boa's.

Hikamaru
May 19th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Hi F1refly, I'm Hikari and I come from the land down under... (sorry for the pun, there's a Men At Work song called "Down Under")

I love anime, manga, Pokemon and social media.

I'm a fan of several Pokemon characters along with Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight. Yeah, I have a feeling for bishies...

I hope you have a great time checking out PC.

Cid
May 19th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Oh wow I didn't realise this place had started back up again! Hey guys, I'm Andy :D. But you can all call me Andy. Because that is my name.

We should totally play a sickeningly sweet game where we all list a random fact about ourselves or something... like they do at university orientation lmao
That sounds like a cool idea, Andy. :D

Random fact, there are four desktop computers in the room I'm in. My mom operates a small business that offers language services, and I often get bothered to help her out. Somewhat related, I'd like to learn more about networking.

By the way, welcome to the forums, F1refly! Anime freak (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26) all the way.
You guys like reptiles eh? I've never owned a reptile in recent memory.
Must be a chore to keep one. I'm impressed Chris owned* that many!

EDIT: @Andy: Really? That makes me feel stupid, haha. XD

Chris41279
May 19th, 2012, 05:40 AM
*Owned* would be the appropriate term.

I used to breed all sort's of morph's. So i had animals ranging from newly hatched babies up to full size breeding adults. I also bred some Crested and Leopard Gecko's (Crested's are awesome!)

That was year's ago though, and unless i get my own facility, i most likely won't own that many ever again. Saddening to think it may happen that way, because i loved each and every one of them like a child loves a puppy!

Also, it's not a chore to keep one snake. They eat 2-4 x's a month. You clean them once they go to the bathroom, and the rest of the time you are either holding them, or they are hanging out in their enclosure. They are extremely low maintenance animals as long as you keep up on them.

Sodom
May 19th, 2012, 06:06 AM
OMG I was joking about that game haha - but SURE WHY NOT LETS DO THIS.

I have worked at a liquor store for three years, but I have never once had an alcoholic drink.

Chris41279
May 19th, 2012, 06:17 AM
You also apparently really like Felicia Day! Haha! I take it you've watched "The Guild"? It's one of my favorite youtube series!

shenanigans
May 19th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Hi I am Razor Leaf and I am posting here now!

So, random facts game, huh? Well to counter Andy's fact,
I have worked at a liquor store for three years, but I have never once had an alcoholic drink.
I have never worked at a liquor store but I definitely have had alcoholic drinks.

...that's cool, right?

Sparkiex
May 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
bluh bluh
HI I'm new too
this is rather intimidating eek

farihazach
May 19th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Interesting game...it does remind me of college orientation haha.

Let's see...I just woke up 20 minutes ago (that's 1:30pm in my time), I am really enjoying the constant storms around my area, I watch too many Youtube videos, and I enjoy finding new music.

bluh bluh
HI I'm new too

Hi Sparkiex! What are some random facts about yourself? Might be a good way to get more comfortable with the forum!

SethGallahad
May 19th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hi guys! I just signed up here! Anyone wanna fill me in?

Axeliira
May 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
bluh bluh
HI I'm new too

That's the main purpose of this thread! We are here to kick out that feeling of intimidation you have and make you feel at ease here in the community! Welcome aboard!

Hi guys! I just signed up here! Anyone wanna fill me in?

Depends on what you want us to fill you in. xD Great to see that you signed up here. Made an introduction thread yet? :D

SethGallahad
May 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM
That's the main purpose of this thread! We are here to kick out that feeling of intimidation you have and make you feel at ease here in the community! Welcome aboard!

Depends on what you want us to fill you in. xD Great to see that you signed up here. Made an introduction thread yet? :D

What do you want me to make?

Freako
May 19th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Greetings. I'm new here, I draw stuff and things.
But I've mainly come here for the rom hacking.

And now I have to think of 13 more posts before I can post my rom hack because it won't let you post screenshots without 15 posts first.
...Boy I sure said post a lot.

revere
May 20th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Haven't came here for quite a long time now. Can't keep track of who's new here.

But anyways,

Greetings. I'm new here, I draw stuff and things.
But I've mainly come here for the rom hacking.

And now I have to think of 13 more posts before I can post my rom hack because it won't let you post screenshots without 15 posts first.
...Boy I sure said post a lot.

Hello there, Freako. Welcome to PC. Interested in hacking? I look forward to your hack's screenshots. Make sure you work up to 15 post properly. Remember, follow all PC rules & make sure you make friends here. If you wanna start chatting, you can always VM/PM me. See ya.

@All other newbies: I also welcome all of you to PC. Have fun here.

What do you want me to make?

Hello Seth, welcome to PC. Megan meant you should make a thread that should introduce yourself. It's more proper that way + more people will know about your presence here.

Freako
May 20th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Haven't came here for quite a long time

Hello there, Freako. Welcome to PC. Interested in hacking? I look forward to your hack's screenshots. Make sure you work up to 15 post properly. Remember, follow all PC rules & make sure you make friends here. If you wanna start chatting, you can always VM/PM me. See ya.

Thanks Shine. I wanna start showing my hack asap but man it's hard thinking of things to post about under pressure under the rules. Not that I'd want to splurt random nonsense to get the count up.

Oh hey I made a whole regular post already. I'm half way there!

revere
May 20th, 2012, 03:05 AM
No probs. That post should just help you up your total post count.

shenanigans
May 20th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Postcount doesn't really matter that much once you're able to post links anyway.

And welcome, Freako! The rules shouldn't really be making you feel under pressure. If you're having trouble deciding if a post is ok or not, try PMing the mod of the section you're posting in and they'll help you out.

Freako
May 20th, 2012, 03:22 AM
It's all good now, I've reached 15, now to start my hack thread.
Then twiddle my thumbs until it's approved.

SethGallahad
May 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM
This is the first time I use a forum with this type of layout (the NLife forums have far less options and stuff). So I don't really get it when you say I need to create a new "Thread"

Also, How do I do text links in my signature (Links in the form of clickable words)

farihazach
May 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
This is the first time I use a forum with this type of layout (the NLife forums have far less options and stuff). So I don't really get it when you say I need to create a new "Thread"

Also, How do I do text links in my signature (Links in the form of clickable words)

Hi SethGallahad! Welcome to PC. I can at least answer your first question (I'm a bit new here myself).

A thread is basically, for lack of a better description, a specific topic of interest. In the New Users/Welcome section, threads are entirely devoted to introducing yourself. To make a new thread, you can click the "New Thread" option at the top of the page. From there you can make a little introduction thing.

If that doesn't make sense, then maybe someone else can it explain better.

Daikenki!
May 20th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hey guys.
I've been sneaking around here for over a year, it's about time I've actually joined yeah? ;)

Axeliira
May 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
insert text here (without the * )

buuuut, you have to wait till you reach 15 posts in order to posts links and images. So, don't try to rush & stuff, okay! :3

Hey guys.
I've been sneaking around here for over a year, it's about time I've actually joined yeah? ;)

YEAH! welcome aboard! :3 Sneaking for over a year? That's a long time lurking don't you think? You've missed quite a ton! lol

Hikamaru
May 20th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hey guys.

Nice to see you, Daikenki.

Judging by your username, do you really like Samurott? (Daikenki if you like Japanese)

Anyways, have fun!

F1refly
May 21st, 2012, 12:27 AM
At the moment I only have an albino Cornsnake, Bearded Dragon, Normal Male Ball Python and a Normal Leopard Gecko. Planning on getting some kingsnake morphs in the near future.

Daikenki!
May 21st, 2012, 02:05 PM
YEAH! welcome aboard! :3 Sneaking for over a year? That's a long time lurking don't you think? You've missed quite a ton! lol
Haha! Well I didn't devote my life to lurking these fourms. But yeah, I'd imagine I did. :P
Nice to see you, Daikenki.

Judging by your username, do you really like Samurott? (Daikenki if you like Japanese)

Anyways, have fun!
Heh heh I'm guilty. :) One of my favorite starters.

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Hey,
How are you guys doing?
And, as for something 'bout me, I like playing videogames

Axeliira
May 21st, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hey,
How are you guys doing?
And, as for something 'bout me, I like playing videogames

Hi there! I'm doing great, thanks for asking. :3 How are yoooou?

Great to see you here on PC btw. :3 I like Video Games as well (which seems to be a popular topic among new users these days, I noticed!). Take your time to explore here in the forums, we even have a Video Gaming section if you're interested. :3

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 21st, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi there! I'm doing great, thanks for asking. :3 How are yoooou?

Great to see you here on PC btw. :3 I like Video Games as well (which seems to be a popular topic among new users these days, I noticed!). Take your time to explore here in the forums, we even have a Video Gaming section if you're interested. :3

Why thank you, I'm fine :)
Everybody likes videogames (they're magical little objects)

Hikamaru
May 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM
Hi Doctor Nuzleaf, I'm Hikari.

How are you enjoying PC?

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hi Doctor Nuzleaf, I'm Hikari.

How are you enjoying PC?

Fine, I suppose?
Not really sure though

PokeGirlBel
May 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Why thank you, I'm fine :)
Everybody likes videogames (they're magical little objects)

Yes,yes they are :)

JW anyone besides me excited for Cartoon Network May 26? XD

Anime fans should know what I'm talking about.

Migrating Mews
May 22nd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Hello every PC user,
I've been looking to join this forum for 1 year now but, I didn't cause I didn't think I would fit in with the rest. But now, I do. I will be having Pokemon Tournaments once in an while on Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 once they come out. Hope I see you around on the forum! :)
(BTW, I joined yesterday.)

Axeliira
May 22nd, 2012, 06:04 AM

I think I know what you're talking aboooout. :D TOO BAD I'M NOT A LATE NIGHT PERSON. :( /is a morning person

Hello every PC user,
I've been looking to join this forum for 1 year now but, I didn't cause I didn't think I would fit in with the rest. But now, I do. I will be having Pokemon Tournaments once in an while on Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 once they come out. Hope I see you around on the forum! :)

Welcome to PC, Migrating Mews! First of all, why not make your own personal introduction here in this section? You can get welcomed here personally and it's much friendlier that way. :3 I'm sure you'll fit in with the rest of us, as well as meet a lot of friends here. :D

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM

I don't '-_-
What are you talking about?

Hello every PC user,

Well, better late than never :)
How are you?

Migrating Mews
May 22nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
I don't '-_-
What are you talking about?

Well, better late than never :)
How are you?

I don't know either what she was talking about. All I heard is that some popular show (which i don't even know about...) is re airing again on CN.

I am doing fine. What about you?

Axeliira
May 22nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
There's a discussion about this *something* PokeGirlBel is trying to talk about. :3 lol

Toonami's coming back! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=280331)

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 22nd, 2012, 06:20 AM
Toonami's coming back?
It's older than me, but still, I heard it was awesome (Fine, thanks, MM)

snipeorigin
May 22nd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Whats up everybody this is Zac aka snipe here. I discovered this lovely "little" community and immidiatly fell in love with it.

I am trying to get in contact with other pokemon lovelys
and I am currently making a Let's Play (Post in the LP section, which is buried some where in a sub forum xD)! So check that out if you want and let's have fun!

I am from Germany but I am doing the LP in english with narroration, so you can come and correct my grammar.

Just kidding my english is actually really good.

I do Wifi battles too and I hope people will get along with me!

Medi
May 22nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
Hello everybody, along with most other users posting in this thread, I'm new. You can call me Med for short if Medi's a bother. But yeah, basically I'm glad to be here and I love the layout and content of this forum.

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 22nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hi, Medi!
So, how are you?
Glad you're here too :)

Hikamaru
May 22nd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Whats up everybody this is Zac aka snipe here. I discovered this lovely "little" community and immidiatly fell in love with it.

I am trying to get in contact with other pokemon lovelys
and I am currently making a Let's Play (Post in the LP section, which is buried some where in a sub forum xD)! So check that out if you want and let's have fun!

I am from Germany but I am doing the LP in english with narroration, so you can come and correct my grammar.

Just kidding my english is actually really good.

I do Wifi battles too and I hope people will get along with me!

Hi Snipe, good work with your Let's Play.

I can help correct your English given I'm from an English-speaking country.

Hello everybody, along with most other users posting in this thread, I'm new. You can call me Med for short if Medi's a bother. But yeah, basically I'm glad to be here and I love the layout and content of this forum.

Hi Medi, welcome to the team.

I am the mysterious yet meme-and-Unova-obsessed Hikari.

Shout out a VM if you wanna chat! Oh, and cute Ash avatar btw.

Medi
May 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys, I'm loving this forum already.

Daikenki!
May 22nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yes,yes they are

Sorry if I'm a little late. :P
I'm legit excited for this fateful day. Almost four years without it is too long!!

Sailor Venus
May 22nd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hey PC, I registered here a few years ago but kinda forgot about the forum. I've been a fan since Gen I and I hope to make friends here.

Doctor Nuzleaf
May 23rd, 2012, 04:32 AM
Hey PC, I registered here a few years ago but kinda forgot about the forum. I've been a fan since Gen I and I hope to make friends here.

Hey Kawase!
Glad you remembered us, how are you?

Hikamaru
May 23rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
Hi Kawase, I'm Hikari.

Nice to meet you!

Sailor Venus
May 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Hey there, nice to meet you too.

And I'm doing well Doctor Nuzleaf, thanks for asking. :)

GhostRyan
May 23rd, 2012, 07:56 PM
Well hello there everyone. Feel free to call me Ghost or Ryan :)

Axeliira
May 23rd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hi there, Ryan. :D Great to see ya here. How are you liking PC?

GhostRyan
May 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
If's a nice looking forum. And so far the people seem very nice! :)

Axeliira
May 23rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
lol I was going to ask you if you did an intro, but I just saw that you did. xD Dang, I'll admit that I am roleplaying waaaaaaaaaay too much.

I'm glad to hear that, btw!

Hikamaru
May 24th, 2012, 01:26 AM
If's a nice looking forum. And so far the people seem very nice! :)

Hi GhostRyan, I am Hikari10. Japanese for light, born in the 10th month...

That's one hilarious signature but mine's just as funny (Haters Gonna Hate FTW!)

Hope you enjoy the forum!

SethGallahad
May 25th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Have I introduced myself before?

I'm Seth Gallahad, and I wish that was my real name.

I'm not much of a battler, but more of a professor, or rather a connoisseur of Pokemon. Even if I don't always have the strongest team, I love putting together strategies and training techniques. 45% of my brain has been filled with permanent video-game knowledge. The rest is all an extension of the stuff we currently learned during freshman year high school (finals are almost done! flutteryay!)

So yeah, I'm Seth Gallahad, but call me Seth.

revere
May 25th, 2012, 07:19 PM

I'm not much of a battler, but more of a professor, or rather a connoisseur of Pokemon. Even if I don't always have the strongest team, I love putting together strategies and training techniques. 45% of my brain has been filled with permanent video-game knowledge. The rest is all an extension of the stuff we currently learned during freshman year high school (finals are almost done! flutteryay!)

Yeah, I remember you. I also posted a VM to you on how to link links in your sig.

SethGallahad
May 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I remember you. I also posted a VM to you on how to link links in your sig.

Yep. I remember you too. I still don't have 15 posts though, so yeah. Nice seeing you again.

Axeliira
May 25th, 2012, 07:50 PM

That's.. pretty much what I was encouraging you to do..but in a separate thread! xD Buuuuuut that's alright. At least we got to know you a bit more! :3 Welcome aboard~

Also, don't rush yourself to reach those 15 posts btw. ;3 And I *don't* think you need 15 posts to post links in your sig. That rule is only in effect for posts only. ;)

Pokespegirl Ruby
May 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hai I'm new here and this place seems like fun. If anyone wants to chat I'm here...

cgaston16
May 26th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Ummm hello everyone it's nice to see such inviting users. BTW just call me lyfe for short, hope I can make some friends and be of assistance.

Axeliira
May 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Ummm hello everyone it's nice to see such inviting users. BTW just call me lyfe for short, hope I can make some friends and be of assistance.

Hai I'm new here and this place seems like fun. If anyone wants to chat I'm here...

Nice to see the both of you here! You'll be certain that you'll make friends here. :3 You are more than welcome to contact me if you have any questions or just want to chat! I don't bite at all. :D

MisterZwee
May 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I wanna know how all of you got here. What was the first game you played? How old were you? How long have you been playing? Things like that! :D

Axeliira
May 27th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Merging this to the New Users' Hangout since it's worthy of a discussion topics here than in a separate thread. Just a reminder that the only threads that can be made here are introductions and reintroductions. :D

Man, coincidentally my 2-year anniversary is next week and it's a long way for me, actually! I was 19 years old when I joined, still in college, been playing Pokemon for uhh...13 years? And I found the site by Google. I'd go ahead and write a tl;dr about my history, but I'd rather not. Though I'd looove to hear everyone elses!

Welcome aboard btw. :3 Great start to the discussion. :)

Sodom
May 27th, 2012, 06:20 PM
You also apparently really like Felicia Day! Haha! I take it you've watched "The Guild"? It's one of my favorite youtube series!

This is incredibly late but yes! Haha I heart me some Felicia. The Guild is also epic, though I've only gotten to watching the first two seasons so far. I will get to the rest, I just keep forgetting!

I wanna know how all of you got here. What was the first game you played? How old were you? How long have you been playing? Things like that! :D

I joined PC just over a year ago, when I was 20 years old. I joined to find info on potential Ruby/Sapphire remakes (which, a year on, still seem no closer to fruition haha). My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red which I got for my ninth birthday back in 1999!

SilentShadow
May 28th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm Shadow... Joined the community to download some of the hacks in the emulation section... But now that I've seen different parts of the community, I'm going to get more involved here.

Outkin
May 28th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Welcome!

Same way here, I came here for tools and advice, now I play fourm games all the time and co-run a hacking grou!. Just go with the flow, see what happens, and enjoy your stay here XD

Shayminlover123
May 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Hey everybody im new here.Im a shy person but don't be afraid to talk to me.I am here to talk about pokemon :)

Axeliira
May 29th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Your avatar reminds me of when I first joined! I chose that avatar when I was new. ;3 Of course, everyone loves Pokemon, so you ain't the only one. :3 Welcome aboard!

Shiny Celebi
May 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hey there, Shayminlover123, Im always here if you want a friend or someone to talk to. I love Pokemon( my favorite subject :P) Also I like you avatar, it reminds me I got to egt around to evolving my shiny Chikorita so I can have a Meganium in my Soul Silver game.

~HufflePuffle~
May 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi Everyone! Im new to the Forums. :)

Snivy063
May 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone! Im new to the Forums. :)
Such an adorable username and avatar. ♥

Welcome aboard, sweetie! I'm quite sure you'll have lots of fun here as much as everyone does. :D

Hikamaru
May 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Hi HufflePuffle, that's a very cute avatar you have.

I'm Hikari and I love memes!

I see you're already having some fun, aren't you?

PixelCole
May 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I AM A NEW USER. PLEASE ACCEPT MY CAPS LOCK AS A TOKEN OF MY GRATITUDE.

MarkHasSwag
May 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hey Guys! I'm new to the forums.Pokemon FTW

Cid
May 29th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I AM A NEW USER. PLEASE ACCEPT MY CAPS LOCK AS A TOKEN OF MY GRATITUDE.
No thank you. We appreciate properly capitalized statements much more than that.

...I'm kidding. Welcome to the forums, Cole! You know you can make your own introduction thread. There you can describe yourself and get properly introduced to the community. Maybe the people who decide to welcome you will give great advice in getting around here, in case you're feeling intimidated or you don't know what to do. Have fun around these parts!

Hey Guys! I'm new to the forums.Pokemon FTW
Oh yeah. Our Pokémon-centric sections will be great for you. There are lots of other great places to check out, though! That is, in case you have other interests you wanna talk about, since this forum also has a really good variety of topics that are not related to the Pokémon franchise but are as interesting.

Oh and since you don't have an introduction thread of your own yet, I also suggest you make one! I hope you enjoy this place too, Mark.

~HufflePuffle~
May 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Such an adorable username and avatar. ♥

Welcome aboard, sweetie! I'm quite sure you'll have lots of fun here as much as everyone does. :D

Thankyou~ I bet I will have fun, I already am. :)

Hi HufflePuffle, that's a very cute avatar you have.

I'm Hikari and I love memes!

I see you're already having some fun, aren't you?

Thankyou~

I <3 Memes to, some of them are just so fun. ^^

Yup. Thanks. :)

Gliese
May 29th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hey everybody!! New guy here!!

Axeliira
May 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome everyone! I've been *quite* busy irl today so I'm just gonna say WELCOME to the members that just joined/just posted here while I was out. :D As Cid mentioned, if you haven't done an introduction thread (make a new thread in this section about yourself) you should totally do so. :D That way myself, Snivy, and other members here can welcome you personally. :)

Be sure you visit the Adoption Center if you'd like someone to give you a tour of a certain section of the community, read the rules, and see ya around! :D

We still have a discussion topic going on here rn if you like to answer! What was the first Pokemon game you played & How old were you?

Cid
May 29th, 2012, 09:45 PM
We still have a discussion topic going on here rn if you like to answer! What was the first Pokemon game you played & How old were you?
First Pokémon game I played would be my older sister's Pokémon Yellow. She let me play a few times and I just walk around and smile while watching the Pikachu follow the character. But the first game I actually beat and had more memories of was Pokémon Gold. But since my brother still had Blue then I proceeded to beat Pokémon Blue afterward. The tradition of beating one of the paired versions and its third version just stuck afterwards. :P

I vaguely remember my age when I played Gold but I think it would be about six years old, around the year 2001, I think. I was exposed to the anime much earlier. Looking back, I'm pretty impressed that I didn't just stick with my starter like a childhood friend of mine did (with his Charizard, a hyper-beamin' Raticate, and a few underleveled tag-alongs). I actually had fun with it, caught as many fun-looking Pokémon as I can and kept them at the same level. I remember being really fond of my Sandslash back in Gold (I liked Blastoise from Blue way more, though).

- - -

And before I forget!

Guys, you can post more than once here (but don't double post)! That's the beauty of this place. It allows casual chat. You can discuss the topics people bring up when they come, and share interests with both old and new users alike. Sure, VMs give you that and in a limited way, introduction threads do too, but this place allows more participation, in my opinion. Plus if people make on-topic posts that interest you then, you can react to those, too. So that the conversation moves forward.

Megan already mentioned it but I'm decidedly echoing her. The Adoption Center's a really good place to start. With a personal mentor helping you around, you'll easily feel more involved in the community especially within the specific sections of your interest.

Just make sure you adequately fill out the first post's form.
Look at the first post itself, before you proceed with your mentor request.

Hey everybody!! New guy here!!
I'm glad you came here, Gliese. Again, welcome to PC! Since you brought it up in your intro thread, I have to say that astronomy is one of the best fields of science there is. It's about time human civilization went ahead and reached for the stars. Astronomy also largely involves physics, which I at least enjoy studying, personally.

Also, maybe you can add your sentiments on the current topic? ;D

Seiren
May 29th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Well, this is the third thing to do on my checklist (first thing was post an intro thread, second was try and get a mentor) so...here I am, another new member in a long line of them, adrift in the wide open sea of PC...and that was a terrible metaphor, maybe you should all just ignore me. xD

I'll save the overwhelming detail for my profile (my next thing to do, before I start browsing those sections recommended to me in my intro thread) but, suffice it to say, I'm open to any questions people might have of me...well, just don't ask me what I think of controversial issues; I don't want to start any heated debates with people quite yet. xD

pilyongprinxipe
May 30th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Hi guys! I'm new here! I just love pokemon and I really wants to play it over and over again!! :)
I'm always online checking new updates!
If you want someone to talk to, I'm always here! :D
We're unbeatable!! Pokemon!! :))

MisKatelyn420
May 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hellloo I just signed up today and I'm looking for someone to trade with ^.^

SandyX
May 30th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Hope I'm doing this right...Hello, I just registered and looking forward to meeting other members.
P.S. Crobat is my favorite

droomph
May 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/169.gif

Well Croby says hi! I'm sure we'll love to have you here.

So what else about Pokémon do you like?Hellloo I just signed up today and I'm looking for someone to trade with ^.^Well, hi! I hope you find someone to trade with soon!

Check this out! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248) It's perfect for you. But don't make a thread requesting if you don't have at least 30 or more Pokémon...I don't want you to break any of the rules, so stop by the Quick Trade Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278248) first!Hi guys! I'm new here! I just love pokemon and I really wants to play it over and over again!! :)
I'm always online checking new updates!
If you want someone to talk to, I'm always here! :D
We're unbeatable!! Pokemon!! :))I'm sure you'll have a great time! We love people like you to be around. It's always nice to have a new friend to have around, isn't it?

Yes...Pokémon General (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17) or Pokémon Gaming Central (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13) is probably the best forum for you...also, you should check out Other Chat and Discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13).

Well hope to see you around soon!Well, this is the third thing to do on my checklist (first thing was post an intro thread, second was try and get a mentor) so...here I am, another new member in a long line of them, adrift in the wide open sea of PC...and that was a terrible metaphor, maybe you should all just ignore me. xD

I'll save the overwhelming detail for my profile (my next thing to do, before I start browsing those sections recommended to me in my intro thread) but, suffice it to say, I'm open to any questions people might have of me...well, just don't ask me what I think of controversial issues; I don't want to start any heated debates with people quite yet. xDSounds like you're all ready to go!

Have you checked out Other Chat and Discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39) yet? I'm sure once you get ready, you'll be a lively debater in the many topics we have.

Hope to see you around soon!

Axeliira
May 30th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Welcome everyone! I see Cid and Droomph got you covered in a few things so there's no need for me to do so. :D But I am always around for questions though! ^_^

Well, this is the third thing to do on my checklist (first thing was post an intro thread, second was try and get a mentor) so...here I am, another new member in a long line of them, adrift in the wide open sea of PC...and that was a terrible metaphor, maybe you should all just ignore me. xD

I'll save the overwhelming detail for my profile (my next thing to do, before I start browsing those sections recommended to me in my intro thread) but, suffice it to say, I'm open to any questions people might have of me...well, just don't ask me what I think of controversial issues; I don't want to start any heated debates with people quite yet. xD

Hmm let's see. Intro thread? Check. Requested a mentor? Check. Post here in this awesome thread? Check. Explore other areas of the forum? I see you're working on that! xD

You must be a writer based on your post. xD As droomph mentioned, the Other Chat & Discussions section has some heated debates for you to participate. Trust me, none are flame worthy lol xD Enjoy it here and welcome aboard!

Anki Haru
May 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I just join today, I hope I can make at least one friend here and make others who share my love of Pokemon, Yorochiku Onegaishimasu.

Hikamaru
May 30th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Hi Anki Haru, I am Hikari.

I am mysterious and some call me the Trainer of a top percentage Oshawott.

So, how are you enjoying this very large place where Trainers gather?

adrianyogi
May 30th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hi! I joined today! Sup everyone?
I suck a competitive battle. I actually just raise my pokemon my style. Don't use strategies. Just go with what I like (And 4 offensive moves xD)

Hikamaru
May 30th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hi Adrian, even though you technically joined 2 years ago you are still considered new cos you haven't posted much yet.

You will need at least 15 posts before you can post links and pictures.

Seiren
May 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Well hope to see you around soon!Sounds like you're all ready to go!

Have you checked out Other Chat and Discussions (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39) yet? I'm sure once you get ready, you'll be a lively debater in the many topics we have.

I can only hope so...I suppose I'll know pretty quick if I make a mistake though. xD

I was just browsing there, actually. Truth be told, I'm not much of a debater...I just have a lot of opinions, and a fondness for expressing them. But I do try to keep an open mind to things~

Hmm let's see. Intro thread? Check. Requested a mentor? Check. Post here in this awesome thread? Check. Explore other areas of the forum? I see you're working on that! xD

You must be a writer based on your post. xD As droomph mentioned, the Other Chat & Discussions section has some heated debates for you to participate. Trust me, none are flame worthy lol xD Enjoy it here and welcome aboard!
Did I miss anything? xD

Well, I wouldn't call myself a writer persay...I try, though. I feel really bad if I write single sentence posts, or extremely short posts; I feel like I'm spamming, even if it's acceptable and everyone else is doing it. xD

TwilightSkye
May 31st, 2012, 08:03 AM
*Walks in* I did not do it! I did not! Oh hi Mark.

Anyway I'm new nice to meet you all. :) Is it me or is the view count on threads broken. I looked at my thread of saying Hi to everyone and it had 85 views but no replies in like 30 mins. lol

droomph
May 31st, 2012, 08:11 AM
Oh yeah, there are a lot of lurkers.

:| Some people just seem to not want to post.

Well, hi then! I hope Hikari gets on soon, I'm sure she will love to talk to you.

TwilightSkye
May 31st, 2012, 08:13 AM
Oh yeah, there are a lot of lurkers.

:| Some people just seem to not want to post.

Well, hi then! I hope Hikari gets on soon, I'm sure she will love to talk to you.

Oh my! A talking sub! Awesome!

droomph
May 31st, 2012, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I went with a molecule for a while but even PC was like gtfo nurd.

Whatever. Y'all just mad.

Okay yeah. Don't think I'm being stalkerish but where do you live? Just curious.

TwilightSkye
May 31st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Newton. Its a small town but we have Starbucks so its all good. XD

Shayminlover123
May 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM

I remember playing pokemon diamond when I was about 7 or 8

I remember my first pokemon ever.A turtwig

I remember all the moments I had (like using a master ball on a chansey and not capturing dialga).Catching every pokemon I saw and deafeating the whole game just with turtwig

Shiny Celebi
May 31st, 2012, 09:04 AM
Newton. Its a small town but we have Starbucks so its all good. XD

Lol I love Starbucks. you're right as long as there's Starbucks it's all good xD

Oryx
May 31st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Starbucks is amazing! I have one in the student center on my college campus and I go there so much <3 Mocha frappucinos!!!

Axeliira
May 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Speaking of starbucks, I am actually in one right now! xD There's like, a bazillion in every corner here in San Diego. So I conveniently visit each and every one of them for the iced teas and the java chip frappe's :3

So tempted to rename this thread "The New User's Coffee Shop". xD

Hikamaru
May 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Oh my! A talking sub! Awesome!

Hi TwilightSkye, droomph knew I would show up... and I did!

So yeah, I'm the Hikari he was talking about.

How are you enjoying the forums?

I love memes, heck my avatar, usertitle and signature are sure to give you the lolz.

TwilightSkye
May 31st, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hi TwilightSkye, droomph knew I would show up... and I did!

So yeah, I'm the Hikari he was talking about.

How are you enjoying the forums?

I love memes, heck my avatar, usertitle and signature are sure to give you the lolz.

Is that from when there kicked out of Springfield? Only have seen about 6 episodes of The Simpsons tbh. XD

Nice to meet you btw

Little Oshawott
May 31st, 2012, 01:18 PM
So this is the place where new members chat? If so hi hi new members!

Hikamaru
May 31st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Is that from when there kicked out of Springfield? Only have seen about 6 episodes of The Simpsons tbh. XD

Nice to meet you btw

Yeah, it was that episode but unfortunately I claim it to be the worst episode of the entire series that I've watched.

I like the old episodes better (Seasons 1-10)

TwilightSkye
May 31st, 2012, 01:34 PM

OMG Adorable and cute username :)

druzy
May 31st, 2012, 01:35 PM
Hey people! I'm kinda new here too, so uh.............hi! XD

Little Oshawott
May 31st, 2012, 01:37 PM
OMG Adorable and cute username :)

hee hee thanks very much. It just popped in to my head lol.

Hikamaru
May 31st, 2012, 01:40 PM

Hi Druzy, Hikari is happy to meet you.

She loves memes, do you liek memes?

Hikari liekz Oshawottz cos he is cute and Cheren for his awesomeness!

druzy
May 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Hi Druzy, Hikari is happy to meet you.

She loves memes, do you liek memes?

Hikari liekz Oshawottz cos he is cute and Cheren for his awesomeness!

Let's see....I like most memes. And I LOVE Cheren. Did you see his BW2 charrie pic? IT'S ADORABLE!!! I swear, the fanservice is amazing. XD

Axeliira
May 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Indeed you guessed right! :3 New members are more than welcome to get to know other new members here, as well as get to know myself or other staff that post here. :D And not to mention regular members here! :) Welcome aboard. :D

Seen ya around! How are you liking it here? :)

I remember playing pokemon diamond when I was about 7 or 8

I remember my first pokemon ever.A turtwig

I remember all the moments I had (like using a master ball on a chansey and not capturing dialga).Catching every pokemon I saw and deafeating the whole game just with turtwig

Sounded like a Turtwig solo challenge you attempted before. I don't think I can beat a Pokemon game with just one Pokemon. xD

First Pokemon I caught was a Pikachu. xD I wouldn't count Bulbasaur, I got it as a starter. :P

Little Oshawott
June 1st, 2012, 01:05 AM
What I like more is to chat and make friends with the people who share the same interests. Lol the joy of forums.

Hikamaru
June 1st, 2012, 01:17 AM
Hi Little Oshawott, you remember Hikari, right?

So, how are you enjoying this fantastic Friday?

(I'm not listening to that Rebecca Black song cos I hate her voice)

Little Oshawott
June 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
Im fine, thanks.. still a little sleepy though...

druzy
June 1st, 2012, 08:59 AM
Hi Meganium! I'm definitely liking it here! This place seems to be full of energy!

Oryx
June 1st, 2012, 09:05 AM
Let's see....I like most memes. And I LOVE Cheren. Did you see his BW2 charrie pic? IT'S ADORABLE!!! I swear, the fanservice is amazing. XD

You know I never thought about it that way, but I can see why Cheren's new appearance would be fanservice-y! Strong, reserved, slender...XD;

druzy
June 1st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Haha, I agree. It's always fun to look at things from 11 different angles. You always get something amusing. It's like Pokémon finally noticed that girls play Pokémon too. If you take it from another angle. Or they realized that many people like Cheren.

RRaBul
June 1st, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hello I'm new here, trying to learn some new

Tru Eagle
June 1st, 2012, 03:09 PM
Geez I feel outta place haha.

Hikamaru
June 1st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hi Tru Eagle.

I've seen you posting a bit already.

So, how are you enjoying PC?

-----------------------------------------

And RRaBul, welcome to you too.

Are you enjoying PC too?

I love Oshawott, Cheren, memes and lots of the 5th Gen!

@Toujours I love Cheren's new look, he got sudden fanbase surge thanks to that, I mean look at the pose and also his appearance in the B2/W2 trailer.

droomph
June 1st, 2012, 05:29 PM
I really don't like Cheren, now and before...

It's probably because Cheren stole that personality from Grovyle and I will never forgive him for that.

But I very much like Bianca! She's prty.

@RRaBul What are you trying to learn? Competitive battling? ROM Hacking?

Shayminlover123
June 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Sounded like a Turtwig solo challenge you attempted before. I don't think I can beat a Pokemon game with just one Pokemon. xD

First Pokemon I caught was a Pikachu. xD I wouldn't count Bulbasaur, I got it as a starter. :P

Thats cool!The first pokemon I ever caught was a starly without including turtwig!Ive also done plently of solo runs before,untill I played B/W and emerald.XD

Hikamaru
June 1st, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hi Shayminlover.

I'm not the best at solo runs cos I always think of type diversity.

I just like to play straight.

Anyways, how are you enjoying the forum?

Oryx
June 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Thats cool!The first pokemon I ever caught was a starly without including turtwig!Ive also done plently of solo runs before,untill I played B/W and emerald.XD

Ah Starly is an awesome Pokemon! They're one of the most popular first birds too, haha. Does that mean you're a big fan of Sinnoh in general, or did you go back and play some older games and build up some love for them too?

Hikamaru
June 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM

Marriland did something like that in his Platinum videos, he used only a Turtwig and Starly as his main battlers (both fully evolved around the third Gym) while the rest of his team were HM Slaves. The eventual Torterra and Staraptor would be joined by Azelf in the later stages of the videos.

Ycia
June 2nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
My name is Aicy.
Ai, is a Digraph for Greek's Epsilon(ε). While Cy, comes from the persian word Cyrus(Kūruš), meaning The sun, youth, or hero.

I really don't know what I'm saying. lol

Cid
June 2nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
My name is Aicy.
Ai, is a Digraph for Greek's Epsilon(ε). While Cy, comes from the persian word Cyrus(Kūruš), meaning The sun, youth, or hero.

Hiya, Aicy! Welcome to PokéCommunity! :D
No worries, I know it can be kinda awkward to get into this thread when you're new. XD

That's a really cute avatar. :3 And how your name contains meanings like that is pretty interesting (the Persian word Cyrus sounds way cooler now that I know what it means). Since I don't think you have done this yet, I suggest you make a new thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35) that contains an introduction, though! That way, people can properly welcome you to the forum, and maybe share a few tips to get around as a newbie. We also have the Adoption Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279676) which can really help you get a jump start at things.

Stick around in this hangout and chat with us! Oh and enjoy your PC stay. :)

Ah Starly is an awesome Pokemon! They're one of the most popular first birds too, haha. Does that mean you're a big fan of Sinnoh in general, or did you go back and play some older games and build up some love for them too?

I remember using Staraptor both in Diamond and Platinum, and it's really useful. There's no doubt about it, Starly's a cool early Bird-type. And honestly, I believe Gen IV was rather underrated even though I liked it the least. D: Now I wanna try another solo run, this time among DPPt just so I could appreciate the generation more.

Oh right, Shayminlover, I highly recommend that you play the older games in case you haven't.

Hikamaru
June 2nd, 2012, 06:03 AM
My name is Aicy.

Hi Ycia. Nice to meet you!

Feel free to shout out a VM for me if you wanna talk.

druzy
June 2nd, 2012, 07:40 AM
Hi, Aicy! Welcome!

I think that the first Pokémon I caught was a Poochyena or a Wurmple.

kraiza81
June 2nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hello guys, I'm Kraiza81. I'm new and I love it here. There's so many new things to learn about Pokemon :)

droomph
June 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hello guys, I'm Kraiza81. I'm new and I love it here. There's so many new things to learn about Pokemon :):D There ARE a lot of things you can learn! If you want to learn something, why not go down to the Competitive Battling Center (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)? I'm sure you'll learn a lot battling with them.

Oh! And the TCG section (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14) needs some activity too! Um...

If you want to learn even deeper...Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) is for you! However Nintendo won't spill the beans so if you want to have advanced features in your game (like follow-me), you'll have to stop by Game Development (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)! I'm sure Abnegation will love to have another member to the Game Dev family!

...So have fun!

Shayminlover123
June 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM
Hi Shayminlover.

I'm not the best at solo runs cos I always think of type diversity.

I just like to play straight.

Anyways, how are you enjoying the forum?

Hi.Im loving it thanks!Its also cool how he did a solo run with just two pokemon.I also thought it wasn't possible to get your pokemon fully evolved near the thrid gym.

pokeblack 12345
June 2nd, 2012, 06:54 PM
hi, im new here and this place looks fun from what ive been reading, if anyone can show me around, and basically help me in any possible way, it would be greatly appreciated

Hikamaru
June 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi.Im loving it thanks!Its also cool how he did a solo run with just two pokemon.I also thought it wasn't possible to get your pokemon fully evolved near the thrid gym.

Yeah, but Marriland knows how prepared he is.

The Torterra and Staraptor he used in the Platinum videos were later joined by Azelf.

I'm actually one of Marriland's biggest fans and I comment on his videos!

revere
June 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
hi, im new here and this place looks fun from what ive been reading, if anyone can show me around, and basically help me in any possible way, it would be greatly appreciated

Dear PokeBlack, nice to have you here. I do recommend going to the Adoption Center in one of the sticky threads here. You can find yourself a mentor.

Here's a direct link.
Click Me (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279676)

Cid
June 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
I think that the first Pokémon I caught was a Poochyena or a Wurmple.This reminds me of my Ruby file. I also caught those two Pokémon first. Although they're disappointing to many, I think they were simply fun to have on the team really. I just wish Mightyena had more of that might in him, though.

And for the first Pokémon I caught, I suppose that would be a Pidgey.
Coincidentally, my first unexpected Shiny was also a Pidgey. :D

Hello guys, I'm Kraiza81. I'm new and I love it here. There's so many new things to learn about Pokemon :)
Kraiza, I'm glad to hear that. :) I hope you stick with us for as long as you'd like!
I'm sure you'd learn much more.

Echoing what I said to Aicy, I highly recommend you make your own introduction thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=35). Just thoroughly tell us about yourself there, and really get to experience the welcoming atmosphere.

That actually takes a lot of grinding for certain games, methinks. But yes, it is possible, and an interesting playstyle at that. I expected as much from near-solo runs (I can't recall what they call runs that use just a pair of Pokémon). :D

You need tips eh?

Well I think MidnightShine pointed you to the right direction. Just make sure you read the first post! That cannot be reiterated enough. Also, droomph posted a lot of good places to check out. It's okay to follow that even if you're not the person he was replying to, to look at other people's posts intended to help other new members since obviously, it can help you too!

Anyway, I feel like helping you more so I'll go on. Let me think.
Hmm, I suppose it's safe to say "read the rules" is overused as a tip, common sense really. So I'll mention some others.

For one, read the important threads before jumping into a specific section. Just a short check will do— after all, they're meant to put you in the right direction. So don't take the usual, easy way out and bypass them altogether. x_x Two, you can always message staff members or regular yet willing ones like us for help, we'd be glad to offer you assistance. :D Also, search a specific topic before you make it! Most of the time it's already made or answered, just don't revive month old threads. And last but most certainly not the least, just have a blast. This forum runs on happy faces, and don't worry, it's all about fun here. All that applies to wherever you want to go in this forum, so I really hope that helps you get around.

This goes for every single one of you cool dudes, being new to the forum. Dealing with newbie jitters, I feel that can be harsh at times. And if personally, you still feel scared, no worries. All of this might seem overwhelming, but really, it's not. Don't hesitate! And have a good time. :D

druzy
June 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
My first shiny was a Geodude. It was so weird, since it was unexpected. I think that I caught it with a Great Ball....it was weird.

Hikamaru
June 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
My first shiny was a Geodude. It was so weird, since it was unexpected. I think that I caught it with a Great Ball....it was weird.

My first Shiny was a Duskull, back when I played Ruby.

Shayminlover123
June 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
I played the older games and they are awsome!

I wish I had red/blue/yellow but I don't have a original GB

droomph
June 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
My first Shiny was a Duskull, back when I played Ruby.Haha, the only shiny I've ever met was a Starly, on Route 201, before I got my Pokéballs ><"I played the older games and they are awsome!

I wish I had red/blue/yellow but I don't have a original GBUm...I don't think it's good of you to do this, but you can play GB games pretty easily on the computer! And since it's not, like, an Xbox game, it shouldn't take up that much space and power. :D

And Google is your friend, because linking to ROMs gets you an infraction, and possibly a ban :\ booooo so yeah. Good luck gaming!

DLL
June 4th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Hey guys, first post. Been enjoying reading some of the threads and learning some new things. :)

Ycia
June 4th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Haha Thanks, but what is "VM"?

Cid
June 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM

VM stands for Visitor Messages. They're those post-like messages that you see in people's profiles. Except that there are no limits in character nor word length there so it's the perfect place to have light-hearted chat.

To access them you can click on a person's username and then View Public Profile. In his or her profile, if VMs are enabled, you can see a dialog box where you can type in a message. If it's seen by the recipient, that person will post a VM on your profile as a reply. It's an easy way to get to know people, really. :D

Hey guys, first post. Been enjoying reading some of the threads and learning some new things. :)
Welcome to the forums, DLL! So happy you're enjoying yourself. I've done something like that before I joined, lurking around a few threads and reading up on posts to learn stuff. But now that you have an account, it gets even better. It wouldn't hurt to have your own introduction thread right here in NU/W, by the way. Just make a new thread, describe yourself and get welcomed by people! Maybe meet a new friend or two. :)

Hikamaru
June 4th, 2012, 05:55 PM

Hi DLL, just call me Hikari.

I love memes, Oshawott, Cheren, Bianca and all the female MC's of the Pokemon games.

So, how are you enjoying this forum so far?

P.S. My signature is literally a meme, made it myself.

Axeliira
June 4th, 2012, 09:40 PM

Welcome aboard! As Cid mentioned, why not make an intro thread! We'd loooove to get to know you a bit better and fit you in the community! ^_^ Great to see ya here. <3

Pretty much Cid got you covered! Think of it as a Facebook wall post, without the Facebook! xD You can either get messages publically, or just stick to PM, which is Private Messaging. Your choice. :)

CodeCore
June 5th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Here's how it goes, I'll pretend that I didn't post a reply and you'll all welcome me because I'm a new member in the community.

Legit~Hamster
June 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Welcome, Code! I'm also new, and I'm very interested in Roleplaying. Hopefully, I get better.

druzy
June 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hey Legit! I love RPing too! I hope that we can RP together someday!

DLL
June 6th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the forums, DLL! So happy you're enjoying yourself. I've done something like that before I joined, lurking around a few threads and reading up on posts to learn stuff. But now that you have an account, it gets even better. It wouldn't hurt to have your own introduction thread right here in NU/W, by the way. Just make a new thread, describe yourself and get welcomed by people! Maybe meet a new friend or two. :)

Hi DLL, just call me Hikari.

I love memes, Oshawott, Cheren, Bianca and all the female MC's of the Pokemon games.

So, how are you enjoying this forum so far?

P.S. My signature is literally a meme, made it myself.

Welcome aboard! As Cid mentioned, why not make an intro thread! We'd loooove to get to know you a bit better and fit you in the community! ^_^ Great to see ya here. <3

Thanks guys! I'm not a fan of being centre of attention though haha. Plus I can never find anything interesting to really say haha. I'm really enjoying the forum so far as well. Especially as it's not just restricted to pokemon, hoping to spend some time in the art part of the forums as well :)

Axeliira
June 8th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Summer's here, everyone! (well...technically it starts on the 20-something, but a lot of us are starting their vacation sometime this week or next week)!

I'm going to bump this thread a bit so that way we can lure new members break the ice a little more, yes? What do you all look forward to do this summer? :)

Ariel Winter
June 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Hello all *Waves* I'm new as you can tell so just wanted to say hi

Trainer North
June 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Hello all. I'm new too. Hit me up.

Axeliira
June 10th, 2012, 03:56 PM

Welcome you two! It's great that you have joined us. :) Don't be shy to talk! We all don't bite & stuff. ;D

and I promise I won't bite. :P

Hikamaru
June 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM

Hello to you two, I'm Hikari.

So, what do you like about the Pokemon Community?

PhantomTwilight
June 10th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hey guys, Im new here too :3

This site has a good feel to it. :)

DarkCharizard77
June 10th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hey guys today is my second day, and yeah stuff.

diab_low
June 11th, 2012, 02:08 AM
Hey very excite to be here lol. My main reason for joining is to learn new things about pokemon, differnt techniques for batteling. I have been a major pokemon fan for all my life and now 18 years old. im currently playing white version i have finished it. but jst enjoying the game and training my pokemon.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Axeliira
June 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, Im new here too :3

This site has a good feel to it. :)

Glad to hear! This community is very friendly and I'm sure you won't problems! Unless you do, you can always come to me. :) Have fun! :)

Hey guys today is my second day, and yeah stuff.

Weeee! Each day counts for my new members. :D How are you enjoying the site so far? :)

Hey very excite to be here lol. My main reason for joining is to learn new things about pokemon, differnt techniques for batteling. I have been a major pokemon fan for all my life and now 18 years old. im currently playing white version i have finished it. but jst enjoying the game and training my pokemon.

Oh wow....NO APP TAGS IN THIS POST. YAY. I can pretty much save MBs on my phone again.

Anyways welcome! I see you signed up via the PC app. :D We do have the Competitive Battling Center if you're interested in battling strategies and techniques, as well as battle with other members here. You'll be sure to make friends in no time this way. :)

Rainbowenergy
June 15th, 2012, 10:26 PM
My favorite Pokemon are listed in my profile, but if I had to pick a favorite I'd say Charizard simply because I coveted that Pokemon card so much in my youth (oh, how I miss it).

Hey CarcharOdin, Im new here and I accually love charizard as well and this is pretty hard to believe, but I got my first original charizard card from the base set on my second booster pack!!!! No lie honest to god, Anyways nice to meet you and I just wanted to throw that out there since you mentioned charizard :0

Crescend
June 17th, 2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I989CTNp3eg

lol I had to throw that out there since we were speaking of the charizard card.. ^^
Anyways heyo welcome new peoples, I'm kinda new too but I've been lurking around here for about a month so I know my way around ;) I fell in love with RNG abusing, who could resist a perfect shiny pokemon which is not hacked? ^^

Haseyo
June 17th, 2012, 12:19 PM
My second day here, but I already feel at home :D Size of the forum is huge but I'm used to it.

Axeliira
June 17th, 2012, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I989CTNp3eg

lol I had to throw that out there since we were speaking of the charizard card.. ^^
Anyways heyo welcome new peoples, I'm kinda new too but I've been lurking around here for about a month so I know my way around ;) I fell in love with RNG abusing, who could resist a perfect shiny pokemon which is not hacked? ^^

I always wanted to try out RNG Abusing, but I'm still waiting for the right time...and a new DS.

And hey there, Crescend! You maaaay not remember me. I'm Cadance from #pokemonclubs. xD Great to see ya postin' here and greetin' a few members! :) And a welcome to you as well. :D

My second day here, but I already feel at home :D Size of the forum is huge but I'm used to it.

Awww that's awesome. I know the forum is ginormous but eventually you will grow with us, and become an active member! ^_^ have fun ok! :)

Ice-Dragon
June 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Hey guys, and welcome to all the other new people!

Forever
June 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM

That's great to hear. :) In a few years you'll be a veteran and it'll become like a retirement home. Like where you belong forever. And everyone else. We plan to lock you all up forever! ...not literally, of course. :3

Welcome Ice-Dragon! Tell us a little more about yourself (since you haven't made an intro thread) - why'd you join us, and what are your interests? Are they stabbing dragons with ice? Because if so I'm very interested!

Hikamaru
June 18th, 2012, 02:23 AM

Hi Ice-Dragon.

I'm Hikari10, but you can call me Hikari-chan or just Hikari.

So, what parts of the forum are you enjoying right now?

Ice-Dragon
June 18th, 2012, 04:02 AM
@Requility
Thanks! As to why I joined: well always loved all the Pokemon games, and sometimes when I looked up something about them, I'd see the poke community site. I recently became interested in rom hacking, because I like playing new Pokemon games. Unfortunatly my computer stopped working the day after I made an account, so im using my iPad. I'll hopefully be on more when it's fixed.
And hahaha, sorry, no stabbing dragons with ice. I just couldn't think of a good name, so I put ice because it's my favorite type and dragon is second. By the way, do you know how I can change my name?

@Hikari
Well your two pics made me laugh :) So this one and the Polls.

And I'm not sure how to make a quote, because the 'quote message in reply' is faded... Is there another way?

Forever
June 18th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Oh right I see! You definitely should've joined sooner if you've been seeing this forum for ages. XD; But yes hopefully you are on more, and you find more interests here than rom hacking! And I see. Fighting is my favourite since it's just generally amazing in most situations and the fighting types are generally some of the strongest physical attackers in each tiers, ice is an okay type but dragon? I like them but I could certainly live without them. :x

As for changing your name, unfortunately you can't :( I was a test and eventually I'll go back to my older username (well, from what I've been told) but sadly you'll be stuck with Ice-Dragon forever or until we get a better server. Oh and for a quote, click the word "quote" down the bottom of each person's post on the right hand side. :3

UncleKillington
June 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hello Guys, Unclekillington here.

I signed up a few days ago but haven't had much time to participate in the discussions on the forum due to my exams, which are nearly at an end!!!!

Anyways, I am very, very new to Wifi battles despite playing Pokemon since its release through Red and Blue Version.

Anyways, I am a student and it is going to hopefully stay that way for another 3 years as I am hoping to be off to University in September. So in the mean time, I hope to make myself welcome on these forums, make some friends along the way and hopefully get a few wifi battles done with you guys over the course of the summer.

Oh and if anyone has a Growlithe that they'd be willing to trade, please alert me. It is my ALL TIME favourite pokemon and I have been killing to find one, to no luck of course. Sorry that was very sad of me :P

Anyways, Hopefully I will not annoy you guys to much,

Killington

Axeliira
June 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Growlithes are adorable. :3 If you want to trade for a Growlithe, you should check out the Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=278248). Ask there (also specify which generation you want!) and be sure to list what you want to offer for the Growlithe. There's also numerous shops there where they *might* offer Growlithe. :)

And welcome aboard! That's one lengthy intro worthy of a thread but I saw you already made one. lmao xD But that's alright. :3 It's awesome to get to know you though!

Hooray for summer btw!

Ice-Dragon
June 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM
@Requility
Well I'm also interested in Pokemon Black 2 and white 2. I'll deffinatly be getting it as soon as its released in Aus.

Whoops, I didnt mean dragon is my second favorite, I ment Ice is stong against it. And yeah I could live with out them too.
There are a lot of bad Ice Pokemon so I only like some of them.
I always have a few fighting moves in my team. My favorite Fighting type Pokemon is Mienshao, what's yours?

Also the 'quote' isn't their, maybe only on computers?

Axeliira
June 18th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Hey, Mienshao is my favorite fighting type too! (sorry for butting in but I just HAD to mention lol). I always doubted fighting-types, but Mienshao totally changed my opinion towards them. I have one in my White team, and it's the strongest.

Also click on http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14869443/simple/buttons/quote.gif or [QUOTE] (depending on the style you're using) on the bottom right corner of the post. That'll quote the member's post and reply to it. :)

Ice-Dragon
June 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Hey, Mienshao is my favorite fighting type too! (sorry for butting in but I just HAD to mention lol). I always doubted fighting-types, but Mienshao totally changed my opinion towards them. I have one in my White team, and it's the strongest.

(depending on the style you're using) on the bottom right corner of the post. That'll quote the member's post and reply to it. :)

That's cool! I have one in my White team as well. Normally in first or second spot. Hopefully you can get them early in Pokemon Black/White 2.
And thanks for helping with the quote. :)
I had to remove the URL because it said I can't post them until 15 post.

diab_low
June 19th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarcharOdin

Hey CarcharOdin, Im new here and I accually love charizard as well and this is pretty hard to believe, but I got my first original charizard card from the base set on my second booster pack!!!! No lie honest to god, Anyways nice to meet you and I just wanted to throw that out there since you mentioned charizard :0

cool u use the application like me how u finding it. Anyway I'm like 2 weeks new and it's really great very cool people here like meganium90 who is very kind there's slot to talk about here so hope u enjoy like me lol

Growlithes are adorable. :3 If you want to trade for a Growlithe, you should check out the Trade Corner's Quick Trade Thread. Ask there (also specify which generation you want!) and be sure to list what you want to offer for the Growlithe. There's also numerous shops there where they *might* offer Growlithe. :)

And welcome aboard! That's one lengthy intro worthy of a thread but I saw you already made one. lmao xD But that's alright. :3 It's awesome to get to know you though!

Hooray for summer btw!

far man here in Australia. it's winter. Oh man what I'll give for summer. It's the best

Hikamaru
June 19th, 2012, 05:08 AM
How are all our newbies doing today?

It's currently winter down here in my native Australia.

And Ice-Dragon, pleased to meet you! I'm Hikari.

diab_low
June 19th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Hello Guys, Unclekillington here.

I signed up a few days ago but haven't had much time to participate in the discussions on the forum due to my exams, which are nearly at an end!!!!

Anyways, I am very, very new to Wifi battles despite playing Pokemon since its release through Red and Blue Version.

Anyways, I am a student and it is going to hopefully stay that way for another 3 years as I am hoping to be off to University in September. So in the mean time, I hope to make myself welcome on these forums, make some friends along the way and hopefully get a few wifi battles done with you guys over the course of the summer.

Oh and if anyone has a Growlithe that they'd be willing to trade, please alert me. It is my ALL TIME favourite pokemon and I have been killing to find one, to no luck of course. Sorry that was very sad of me

Anyways, Hopefully I will not annoy you guys to much,

Killington

welcome brother how is the community treating ya. U know u guys are very lucky to have summer now here in Australia it's wet winter yuck u can't do much with all the rain. Oh man what I'll give for summer to be here. gotta love the sun the beach and the surf. Any way u want a growlithe do what I do use the cheats lol sometimes :p

Axeliira
June 19th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I keep forgetting that it's Winter in Australia. I could really use some cold weather though. It's 110 degrees Fahrenheit here and it's a scorcher. :(