PDA

View Full Version : Do you type the fast way, or slow?

BigBoss
January 15th, 2005, 01:19 PM
I type the fast way, so I miss alot of small things like capitalization sometimes. I usually double check though.

Claire
January 15th, 2005, 01:22 PM
What do u mean by fast way or slow way :s you mean using two fingers as opposed to them all?

Esai
January 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
I type fast aswell, I double check, but I still make mistakes.

Bay-kun
January 15th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I don't know what you mean. xD I do type pretty fast, in what ever way I type. XD

MegaDitto
January 15th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I dont really know.I think slow.I could type 35 letters in a minute but I don't know if that is fast.

Ryoutarou
January 15th, 2005, 01:27 PM
If you mean by using all of your fingers I guess I do that, though I catch myself only using my index every now and then^^;

And if you mean do I type fast or slow in terms of speed. I suppose I can type preety fast to an avarage person. This post initself took no more then a minute to write.

BigBoss
January 15th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I meant by the using all your fingers or index fingers. Sorry to confuse you all.

Trent
January 15th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I usually type the fast way, and I hardly ever make many mistakes...probably because I've been doing it this way since 2nd grade :P

DarknessMonkey
January 15th, 2005, 01:36 PM
I Type At A Medium Speed...

Bay-kun
January 15th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Oh no. xD I think that I use all of my fingers to some extent. XD But upon further inspection I seem to only use my index fingers. XD But I can still type pretty fast with them. XD

Mr Cat Dog
January 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM
The fast way.. although I do make a load of mistakes and have a terrible record of typos. That's why I write out really long messages in MS Word beforehand... just so that there aren't too many errors or anything ^_^

MegaDitto
January 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM
The way I type depends on my mood.I mainly type medium and yes Blue I did meant with my fingers.

Lucy Lu
January 15th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I can type pretty fast. I use all my fingers, and I double check if I need to for mistakes. One time I could type over 40 wpm.

Eliana
January 15th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Ooh, I am an extremely fast typer ^^ I make a lot of typos sometimes though >.<

White Christmas Kitsune
January 15th, 2005, 02:52 PM
I type fast..maybe around 100 wpm (that was like 2 years ago though when I was in Keyboarding class..it's probably gotten a little bit higher or just a teeensy bit lower since then ^^) I don't make many mistakes, and when I do, my hands usually sense that I made a mistake before my brain does and they fix the mistake ^^;; That probably made no sense XDDD

Kelsey
January 15th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Well, I type in between. I don't use home row, so I just type all over the place. XD I don't usually make too many spelling mistakes. Except on MSN. I'm always screwing up. XD

~Kelsey

Virtual Headache
January 15th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Although I try my best, I'm typing extremely slow

winnie
January 15th, 2005, 05:00 PM
I type kinda fats compared to alot of people i know but i'm not really fast, as i look at the keybord and type (i know when i make mistakes even though i don't look at the screen, i double check by looking at the screen after i finished typing). Some people type wothout looking at their keybord which kinda makes me look bad lol.

Miyu-chan
January 15th, 2005, 05:28 PM
I guess I type kinda slow since I always check for errors and stuff... xD;

carrielynn
January 15th, 2005, 06:30 PM
I type about 60 wpm I think. Then I take a long time looking back for typos. XD I usually catch them all before I'm done though because I look at the screen the whole time anyway.

Cherrim
January 15th, 2005, 07:02 PM
I'm kinda like White Christmas Kitsune: when I type, I realize I've made a mistake before I see it, so I don't normally make typos... unlike someone else I know who uses a certain word processor to check everything for typos. She's quite the party0 girl so it's fun to catch them on IM when she's not paying as much attention to her spell checker. X3 X3

Anyway... that aside, I'm a pretty good typist. I don't really use home row, but I use both hands and I don't normally look at the keyboard while I'm typing. o.o; I make too many typos if I do and it confuses me. XD;;

Lizzie
January 15th, 2005, 07:09 PM
i type medium XD pretty fast, but not as fast as some ppl (*looks at eliana*) XD

Triumphant Chaos
January 15th, 2005, 07:36 PM
I tend to stare at the keyboard when I type, not because I'm looking for letters, but just because my eyes tilt that way. The keyboard could be blank and I'd still stare at it. I think it's probably habit from when I didn't know where the keys were.

On the whole, I think I type pretty fast, faster than average at least, but I have to think things through before I type them, so it slows me down sometimes... Like, I'll pause in the middle of a word because I've forgotten what I'm writing. My brain moves slow...

KLS
January 15th, 2005, 07:46 PM
i don't type the "original" way however i do type about 70 words per minute, is that good enough?

digi-kun
January 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
usually fast, but sometimes, meh, it varies

Arcanine
January 15th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I use all my fingers. But a lot of times I find myself using 6 fingers (the middle 6) and using the index the most.

ravenstorture
January 15th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I type fast and the correct way. I was taught the right way since first grade, and I am thankful for that.

Sassydoll76
January 15th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I type medium, it varies on what i am doing actually lol depending on how fast i want myself to type and who or what i am talking about

*~Ashley~*
January 15th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I type fast, but not the "correct" way. Although, I do know how to type like that, I just find it harder than the way I type. I use all, well most, of my fingers and I don't need to look at the keyboard to type. As for typos... I usually realize that I typed something wrong immediately so I end up fixing it before I even think about it. Occassionally I'll miss one though...

Tsugaru
January 16th, 2005, 01:08 AM
i type fast somtimes i make mistakes but very seldom :D
but it also depend's what mood im in somtimes tired=slow,awake=fast

bgt
January 16th, 2005, 01:27 AM
hmm, well, i type in a special way, its very slow, lol. I take a stylus and start clicking letters on the touchpad, sooner or later the message appears, 7 wpm? lol, ive only used the pda once or twice to post on here, wifi is nice tho if your afk... I type the "proper" way i suppose.... 55 wpm, around there if i dont want any typos >_>

Geometric-sama
January 16th, 2005, 04:30 AM
I touchtype at around 85wpm. My sister made me learn when I was six. (The fast speed is why I keep hitting flood control on PC XD) And I never look at the keys.

Lady Pearl
January 16th, 2005, 05:55 AM
I type the fast way with my index fingers. EEK! I'm doing it right now. I don't make mistakes as much, though, since I'm such a computer geek. I can't get used to the slow way. Wahh!
*gets sent to keyboarding class*

TRIFORCE89
January 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Hmm... 65 WPM, which I think is an average speed. I'd love to be faster, but meh. Whatever. I make typos because of my big fingers. Lol. I won't usually hit the wrong key, I'll hit the correct key and the key right beside it at the same time because of my fingers.

I don't tend to read over what I write in IM conversations (Erica can tell you that. I gave my leg a good excersise yesterday kicking away all those extra letters, didn't I? Lol), but here I will...or at least try to. I'm too lazy to do it most of the time.

I use both hands, but despite that it's still mainly the index fingers. I use the other fingers too, but they do the majority. And I can type with out looking. However, my head is usually pointing downward because of my posture and such. It's too much effort for me to bring it up. If I try typing quickly, I ending typoing and somehow going slower. :\

NiNGi
January 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
I type very fast usually..... it depends on what I am writing and how much time I have though...

Stripes
January 16th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I type fast for the most part.

LelandLancaster
January 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Fast baby! My sister pecks with two fingers and it annoys the hell outta me!

The Fallen
January 17th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I used to type slow,but know i think i tyoe kinda fast,being as i can type without looking at the keyboard.

Pincushion
January 17th, 2005, 12:59 PM
I use all my fingers when typing, I look at the screen mostly, But I do use grammer and I do use capital letters and stuff, normaly to much lol, I love typing, I do it my own way though, don't know if its wrong or right, but it works for me, so Yay!

Shana
January 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I type fast...at school everyone stares and their like, "*blink* Woah, Shana...*blink*" XD

~Dragonair~
January 17th, 2005, 11:47 PM
I type fast, though I check if I spelled wrong.

Spectrum
January 17th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water, Jack fell down and broke his crown, and Jill came tumbling after.

Um... that took about 19 seconds. So, I guess I type pretty fast. :P

~Mewtwo_Rules~
February 5th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I type about 56 WPM. Pretty good for a Grade 3, don't you think?

EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN
February 5th, 2005, 08:48 AM
I type really fast, just ask my friend Saphira(dark_espeon), she'll tell you......

All I do is hit the caps lock button on and off when I want to capitalized a letter. I do it really fast so I can get on with my typing.......

Thomas
February 5th, 2005, 08:57 AM
On a good day I can type up to 80 WPM but usually I type about 65 WPM.

Lil' Schu
February 5th, 2005, 11:01 AM
I can type pretty fast, just don't ask me to use the number keys at the top of the keyboard. I can do the number pad pretty fast though.

And when I type the keyboard, I can usually type without looking down (except on the keys I mentioned above). I probably make about 5 errors per post (depending on how long the post is though. XD)

I get really good grades in typing in school XD

Sammi
February 5th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I type fast. I use home row and don't look at my keyboard. I took typing class last year, and I find this way the best. I never really have to worry about being extremely slow. However, I seem to make a ton a typos. >> I fix my mistakes as I go along and see them. ^^;
I just hated when I used only my index fingers. It was too slow (but I had excellent accruacy xD)

His Infernal Majesty
February 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Fast. I normally miss spell something cuz of it. But sometimes i type slow. Depends on WHAT I'm typing....lol

Demonic Angel
February 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
I can touch-type type pretty fast without mistakes but I don't type the 'proper' way with home row.

mvtm
February 6th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I type fast usually i am bored , and dont see the keyboard and things

deathbyalice
February 6th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I type pretty quickly, but I try my best not to make spelling mistakes and stuff like that.. If I do, than it is because I type to quickly, and not because I am a bad speller. lol.

THIRTY-SIX
February 6th, 2005, 08:47 AM
i type slow but faster than some of the people here :P ive memorised some of the buttons around the keyboard but i still cannot touch type

deathbyalice
February 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM
i type slow but faster than some of the people here :P ive memorised some of the buttons around the keyboard but i still cannot touch type
Yeah, same here. I still have to look at the keyboard when I am typing. But I do know the keyboard well enough not too. i don't know why I still do it. Must be some sort of comfort thing?

Pokemon Master #1
February 7th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I type fast and i'm happy about it.It saves alot of time, and allows for more posts!

Sylphiel
February 7th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I'm not the quickest typer in the world, though I do type at a decent speed.

Heh, I have the keyboard all but memorized by now. :P Really helps, since I don't have to look at the keyboard all the time (and I don't even use the home row keys).

Scyther5
February 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I type pretty fast, and have my own little way of typing as like most people do.

Crimson King
February 7th, 2005, 10:25 PM
on a good day i type fast, on a bad day i type somewhat fast, the highest i can remember ever getting up to was 45 words a min =/

Soul of Darkness
February 7th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I'm like, in the middle. Not fast, but yet, not slow.

Eon-Rider
February 14th, 2005, 05:31 AM
I type pretty fast for someone who cant type properly.

O
February 14th, 2005, 05:34 AM
I think my last check was 70 wpm. That's what I think it was, last year we had this typing thing and I got told off by typing the improper way. meep. I use my index, middle, and ring finger when typing and also my thumb for the spacing. I think I can go up to like 80 seconds.

Something to type I will type that jack and jill thing... .RAWR

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water
Jack fell down and broke his crown
And Jill went rolling after.

14 seconds. Rawr.

Aaron5367
February 19th, 2005, 09:27 PM
I type way to fast *shivers* The noise of my keyboard is sooo annoying (lol)

dark_croconaw
February 19th, 2005, 09:35 PM
I don't type fast, but I don't type slow either. I'm somewhere in the middle.

Sorye HK
February 20th, 2005, 03:28 AM
I type relatively fast, but I always doulbe check before posting. But, I'm pretty slow when it comes to typing with my left hand alone.

Jolty-kun
February 20th, 2005, 03:34 AM
I type really fast, very fast XD, i use 2 fingers only, i need to learn on how to use all of em XD

Parl
February 21st, 2005, 03:32 AM
Fast typing is generally typing over 100 a minute. I can do that with one finger on each hand. But I type faster if I use all of my fingers - but not by much. I should really practice it more often. I want to be able to type 140 words per minute.

IceKitten
February 21st, 2005, 08:11 AM
I type fast but I check spelling after my post (obviously I wouldn't have posted it then checked)

Kylie-chan
February 22nd, 2005, 02:06 AM
I type fast with like one or two fingers. Trust me I type irregularly but fast and accurately so I don't really give a d***... XD

IceKitten
February 22nd, 2005, 02:18 AM
Is duck censored on PC?

EDIT: Wrong word XD

Anacortes
February 24th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah..duck isn't..the other word is..XD
I type whichever way I know of, I guess not fast, but not slow. Have you actually seen those slow typers? They keep having someone else beat them in posting..

Trikip
February 24th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I type in between middle and fast, so I don't make dumb spelling mistakes. XD

The Fallen
February 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM
I can type pretty fast.Especially when i get into a groove, you know what I mean lol.