PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Best Wishes 2!

Bluerang1
May 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Serebii has revealed the follow-up to Pokemon Best Wishes which in the same vein as the games is titled Best Wishes 2 and will begin June 21st. It will feature more old Pokemon and the return of Cynthia, who looks gorgeous, and Dawn, yay, but she didn't change her outfit.

Following on from Pokémon Black & White getting a sequel, the anime series will make a shift into Best Wishes 2 on June 21st. This continues Ash's story through Unova but starts to feature more old Pokémon and even Meloetta during the next Team Rocket plot which features Giovanni. It also features the return of Cynthia and Dawn.

http://i47.tinypic.com/287j4uc.jpg
Thoughts on this?

Also, at the start we were told that Iris and Cilan would stick with Ash for two seasons, looks like this is the second one so they won't be leaving Unova with him.

Hikamaru
May 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I'm gonna be excited for this new series, old Pokemon are now appearing in Unova and Dawn is returning?

Maybe she might join Ash, Iris and Cilan. Now, that would be an awesome group cos it might be the first time Ash has 2 girls travelling with him. Ever since Best Wishes began I was speculating that Dawn might return and it looks like I've got my wish. Maybe she might have new Pokemon too.

It also looks like Dawn's Piplup is returning too. This is one series I will definitely want to watch.

Sheep
May 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not a fan of Cynthia's outfit, but it's hard to judge from that one picture. Since she was my favorite champion, I'm definitely excited about having her back. :D The Dawn fans should be pleased to see Dawn is returning, too.

maan I'm hyped though ;; Been falling out of watching the anime lately (just one of those "don't wanna watch phases" that I have every once in a while) but this should definitely be worth waiting for!

Hikamaru
May 11th, 2012, 08:57 PM
My bet is that Dawn returns to the main cast, that is something I want to see.

I would love to see this traveling group:
Ash, Iris, Cilan and Dawn

I'm glad Cynthia's returning too, love her new look.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Are you serious?! This is official? :( My interest in BW2 is OVER! Why can't game freak just,move on? Why be redundant? Dawn sickens me. I thought she was gone for sure. This is the WORST news I've gotten all year. Well, I'm out. Thanks for letting me know before I bothered watching it and have to have my heart broken the hard way. ToT

Hikamaru
May 11th, 2012, 09:12 PM
My guess is that the traveling group will end up like this:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/f/ff/20100905061225%21Ash_BW.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/9/97/IrisBW.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/63/CilanBW.pnghttp://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/archive/7/72/20060917045943%21Dawn_DP.png

Kenshin5
May 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Are you serious?! This is official? :( My interest in BW2 is OVER! Why can't game freak just,move on? Why be redundant? Dawn sickens me. I thought she was gone for sure. This is the WORST news I've gotten all year. Well, I'm out. Thanks for letting me know before I bothered watching it and have to have my heart broken the hard way. ToT
No their joking... Game Freak doesn't produce the Anime so I don't know why they are the ones you are blaming. Why be redundant maybe cause redundancy is what Pokemon Anime has done over the last 14 years, kind of old news by now. If you watch any prior seasons the characters usually at the very least make a cameo with Ash is traveling group so I don't see why you are so surprised.

Too the actually topic at hand. I am actually ecstatic about this, now we have what looks to be like the Champions League. And Ash starters may all end up fully evolved. Hoping he gets the Riolu shown as well, but that is doubtful, since Cynthia is there as well.

ThunderPom
May 11th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I think I might puke..thats awful. Im not a fan of dawn at all. And who is cynthia? And btw it is just a cameo so dont get twittered. Keep in mind that the manga, anime, and games canons cannot be compared and that the poster could just be fanwank. Its too bad. Pokemon is making a bad turn and rlly becoming garbage.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 11th, 2012, 10:11 PM
No their joking... Game Freak doesn't produce the Anime so I don't know why they are the ones you are blaming. Why be redundant maybe cause redundancy is what Pokemon Anime has done over the last 14 years, kind of old news by now. If you watch any prior seasons the characters usually at the very least make a cameo with Ash is traveling group so I don't see why you are so surprised.

Too the actually topic at hand. I am actually ecstatic about this, now we have what looks to be like the Champions League. And Ash starters may all end up fully evolved. Hoping he gets the Riolu shown as well, but that is doubtful, since Cynthia is there as well.

Sorry, but your answer is shallow and unconvincing. I'll stick with my own opinion, thanks.
Anyway, if Pokemon from previous generations are reappearing in both the games and the anime, I don't see how it isn't possible for characters from previous generations to reappear in the games as well. It's possible, and I just don't like the idea at all. Reappearances of characters from previous series are often misleading and I highly doubt Dawn will return to be in the main cast or be part of the "team." There are traditionally 3 travelers and if Dawn were to be return it would be for only a couple of episodes. Nothing permanent.

GreyWorld
May 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Good; Old Pokemon being involved,Team Rockets plans have to do with Giovanni,an old campion makes a return. (Well not that old,because in Pokemon World time,it's been what,6 weeks since he left Sinnoh?)

Bad; Giovanni still probably won't do much,looks like same old stupid Ash is still going to be the MC (I think it would've been the perfect time to get rid of him)
Dawn's the returning companion. -_-"

Kenshin5
May 11th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry, but your answer is shallow and unconvincing. I'll stick with my own opinion, thanks.
Anyway, if Pokemon from previous generations are reappearing in both the games and the anime, I don't see how it isn't possible for characters from previous generations to reappear in the games as well. It's possible, and I just don't like the idea at all. Reappearances of characters from previous series are often misleading and I highly doubt Dawn will return to be in the main cast or be part of the "team." There are traditionally 3 travelers and if Dawn were to be return it would be for only a couple of episodes. Nothing permanent.
They are, reappearing in the games such as Lance, Steven, Giovanni, Misty, Brock, Blaine, and so on. How so is it misleading? Because fans may assume Dawn is along for the rest of BW when she may just be making a cameo? If we are correlating Anime with games and the things they have done differently then Dawn could stay with the traveling group if the writers so desired that of course. Only issues or thoughts I have is why would she want to stay with the group when as far as we know there is no hint or has been know sign of Contests in Unova region.

Aero Xero
May 11th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I agree with greyworld and shadow. I see failure in the next series unfortunately

Mew~
May 12th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Woah, you guys are really missing the big picture here. Seriously. I mean - just look at all of that, and that's just from one scan. I'm over the moon right now, there's so much I can see coming from this.

First of all, Dawn coming back is really nice, I was expecting one quite fairly half way through into the series, mainly because of May and Misty's cameos in previous series. But yeah, I don't see her joining the group at all, I don't see the point. Not unless she appears in B2/W2, maybe in that tournament thing, but otherwise there isn't much point. I can't wait to see Piplup and Pikachu's reunion, and maybe some funny gags with Oshawott.

I smell storyline with that angry Dragonite in the scan, probably something that lasts an episode, but I don't know if that would be scan worthy, and Dragonite usually look happy.

As for Cynthia - it may just have something to do with her appearance in B2/W2, which isn't a bad decision at all by the writers, I'm a fan of her anyway.

Manila Luzon
May 12th, 2012, 01:56 AM
This looks pretty promising tbh. Since Eevee and Riolu were the first non-Unova Pokemon to be revealed to be in the region I think someone in the group could catch them. If I had to guess I'd say Cilan could catch Eevee? For maybe Leafeon and Iris would catch Riolu. But then again since their evolved forms are there it makes me think that they are there just for showing the 'new' Pokemon to the region.

And that Dragonite has the early seasons look to it. Like from the Johto league era.

Nepse
May 12th, 2012, 02:14 AM
The only good thing I can see is Dragonite appearing...
----------
Cynthia - Worst Champion in Pokémon history
Dawn - Disgusts me
Cilan and Iris for two more seasons - Did I hurt the writers in some way?

Tox
May 12th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Even though I don't particularly like Dawn, at least it gives me a small bit of hope for the anime. I know the older characters won't ever make a permanent return but at least by this, I know that they're not pretending that everything prior to Unova never happened. I really hated the whole idea of 'resetting' everything at the beginning of Best Wishes. I really hope we see some of Ash's older Pokémon later in the series.

vaporeon7
May 12th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Due to wanting to become a great dragon trainer, perhaps Iris will capture or try and hunt down the Dragonite.

Charicific
May 12th, 2012, 04:29 AM

agfhapfhafh!! Oh.....my....ARCEUS!!! This is unbelievable! I have never heard such supreme news like this in ages! I am happy to say, my interest is back with the Pokemon Anime. Oooh I can't express how blown I am with the return of Dawn! Oh god yes, Cynthia too! It's really a beautiful idea for characters to reunite and check on each other progress. Really want to know what's up with Dawn, did she win the Hoenn Grande Festival? And Cynthia..I think she is the character I wanted to see most, probably for reasons I cannot explain.

And hey, old Pokemons are back :D ! The Pokemon series is finally gonna be reunited. To put it simply, BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD, AND BEST SERIES TO COME.

Gotta spread the news and rejoice now! Later....

Hikamaru
May 12th, 2012, 04:37 AM

agfhapfhafh!! Oh.....my....ARCEUS!!! This is unbelievable! I have never heard such supreme news like this in ages! I am happy to say, my interest is back with the Pokemon Anime. Oooh I can't express how blown I am with the return of Dawn! Oh god yes, Cynthia too! It's really a beautiful idea for characters to reunite and check on each other progress. Really want to know what's up with Dawn, did she win the Hoenn Grande Festival? And Cynthia..I think she is the character I wanted to see most, probably for reasons I cannot explain.

And hey, old Pokemons are back :D ! The Pokemon series is finally gonna be reunited. To put it simply, BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD, AND BEST SERIES TO COME.

Gotta spread the news and rejoice now! Later....

I agree with you, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 2 (Pokemon Best Wishes 2) will be the most awesome series ever!

PokeGirlBel
May 12th, 2012, 05:08 AM
This looks so epic!!!! Hikari returns as a main?! I mean unlike past returns she is in the poster art while the other girls were not. So maybe she is a main again. Could this mean a Pippy/Osha adventure? OMG YES! I want Bel in her new outfit in the anime too. Imagine Brock returning for a few eps. Maybe even Misty. GAHH?! Can't...Contain....My.....Excitement!

Manila Luzon
May 12th, 2012, 05:12 AM
This looks so epic!!!! Hikari returns as a main?! I mean unlike past returns she is in the poster art while the other girls were not. So maybe she is a main again. Could this mean a Pippy/Osha adventure? OMG YES! I want Bel in her new outfit in the anime too. Imagine Brock returning for a few eps. Maybe even Misty. GAHH?! Can't...Contain....My.....Excitement!

I doubt Dawn will be back as a main character. She'll just be around like Misty was in Advanced Gen or May was last gen. She'll be around for a few episodes and then she'll be on her way. From the looks of that image, there's a contest hall at the bottom of the page, she'll probably be entering there. We'll probably be introduced to Cynthia there too. Unless they stick to the games and bring her in at Undella.

Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup
May 12th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I'm glad old pokemon/dawn/contests/Cynthia are coming back even if its only for a few episodes

psyanic
May 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Can't say I'm a huge fan of Dawn, but she deserves the appearance. The other traveling girls had their cameos already, so this isn't a surprise. I'm glad to see Cynthia there, though, since I'm a huge fan of hers. I wonder how Iris would respond to Cynthia's Garchomp...

Bluelatios*
May 12th, 2012, 08:47 AM
No, I'm not a big Dawn fan either, but at least this proves to some people that the writers certainly can and would bring back old characters if they wanted to. The biggest thing I'm getting out of this is that they've hopefully learned they need to stop trying so hard to focus on kids that watch the show and realize Pokemon thrives off of fans from all generations. I'm very much hoping they will get Misty and Brock back by gen 6.

RedJ
May 12th, 2012, 11:54 AM
While I don't really care for the anime anymore, I'm hoping they use the Gym Leader/Champions tournament thing from the games in the anime, too. Maybe we could see Pidgeot some of Ash's old Pokemon return, and maybe FINALLY a battle between Ash and Giovanni.

....eh. I can dream. Although if they DID do that, I'd certainly watch it.

Humm96
May 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Has antone elso noticed that Ash's pokemon have evolved? He has an Emboar and a Serperior, these are clearly his as his Pignite and Snivy are nowhere to be seen on the cover!

Manila Luzon
May 12th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Has antone elso noticed that Ash's pokemon have evolved? He has an Emboar and a Serperior, these are clearly his as his Pignite and Snivy are nowhere to be seen on the cover!

I don't think those are his. Since Samurott is also there, but so is Oshawott. I think they are just there for being the final starters, and maybe it's foreshadowing his own Pokemon evolving.

Bluerang1
May 12th, 2012, 04:13 PM

I have to point this out because it's the best piece of speculation I've heard so far. This is likely if Ash beats Homika.

Itcheeee
May 12th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'm gonna be excited for this new series, old Pokemon are now appearing in Unova and Dawn is returning?

Maybe she might join Ash, Iris and Cilan. Now, that would be an awesome group cos it might be the first time Ash has 2 girls travelling with him. Ever since Best Wishes began I was speculating that Dawn might return and it looks like I've got my wish. Maybe she might have new Pokemon too.

It also looks like Dawn's Piplup is returning too. This is one series I will definitely want to watch.

I agree with you. I'd like to see her join Ash's group, but even if that doesn't happen, it's nice to see Dawn return. Until now she has been the only traveling companion Ash has had who hasn't made a reappearance at least once.

ReleaseYourPokemon
May 12th, 2012, 08:26 PM
NO! WHY CAN'T MAY RETURN???

Crysta Blade
May 13th, 2012, 02:14 AM
It's good to see that another of Ash's friends isn't forgotten. I'm all for acknowledgement for as many past characters as possible. But no new clothes for Dawn? Aww, why not? She does love clothes, after all. They're no stranger to making up outfits. I swear, I'm totally not obessed with everyone's wardrobe in this show. Outfit changes are like the most exciting thing to me.

Bluerang1
May 13th, 2012, 05:03 AM
I don't think they would reveal her new outfit just yet, but they did reveal Cynthia's. I don't know but she definitely should me in something new.

Manila Luzon
May 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
NO! WHY CAN'T MAY RETURN???

Because May already returned in Sinnoh. If you haven't noticed they have the female companion return in the generation after there's.

(Misty was 1st/2nd and returned in 3rd. May was 3rd and returned in 4th. Dawn was 4th and is returning in the 5th)

ReleaseYourPokemon
May 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Because May already returned in Sinnoh. If you haven't noticed they have the female companion return in the generation after there's.

(Misty was 1st/2nd and returned in 3rd. May was 3rd and returned in 4th. Dawn was 4th and is returning in the 5th)
Yeah, but why can't she permantley return?

Kirbychu
May 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Because the 3rd Generation is over and it's time to advertise BW(2). Remember that the Pokemon anime is essentially a series of 30 minute commercials.

If RS remakes are in the works, May might just return for some sort of special story arc. However, a permanent comeback is pretty much out of the question.

I hope that we see some of Ash's older Pokemon. I can't help but wonder if they're going to incorporate that "World Tournament" thingy as well.

Kenshin5
May 13th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Because as Kirbychu said 3rd Generation has already pasted, she had her time to shiny now its new companions turn. If she was on the cast again permanently then it would take away from the development of the other companions already their.

If anything she could be back to promote RS remakes. Or Dawn since Dawn supposedly went to Hoenn to do Contests.

World Tournament is quite intriguing I am looking forward to seeing how that works out and who will be there. Hoping the likes of Paul, Richie, Harrison, Tyson, Morrison, etc will be their.

PokeGirlBel
May 14th, 2012, 04:45 AM
If its a world tourney I don't see why May could not return. Contest battling and league battling may be different but there still batting. It would be interesting to see how league battlers could handle contest battlers and vice versa.

Manila Luzon
May 14th, 2012, 07:00 AM
If its a world tourney I don't see why May could not return. Contest battling and league battling may be different but there still batting. It would be interesting to see how league battlers could handle contest battlers and vice versa.

No one's saying May couldn't return. She could very well comeback. I just don't see it being likely. May isn't the brute strength battling type that Ash & Co. are used to. She the coordinator who prefers her battling style to be angelic and graceful. Dawn's the same, however. The point is we don't know who is returning. We don't even know if the WT will be in the anime, I hope it is. And I want May to return too, but for now there's nothing pointing towards it.

PokeGirlBel
May 14th, 2012, 07:20 AM
If the WT is used tbh I'd like past people that were shown to be strong besides the main rivals like Paul,Barry and maybe Gary. As much as a longshot as it is I'd love to Ritchie,AJ and maybe even Gisslle from back in the day. I just don't want re match ups but have Ash battle people he never battled. So things like Ash vs Barry Gary vs Paul for example. Guess we need to wait till a preview of the new arc is shown. Maybe before June since they tend to show previews a month or so before.

Cid
May 14th, 2012, 07:27 AM
I personally love this piece of news.

May could get a return because if they integrate the Champions League that the games seem to be brewing up, Misty and Brock could be back. I'm basing that from the original traveling partners' possible in-game appearances in that one page of this same CoroCoro issue.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/42/CoroCoro_June_2012_3.jpg/640px-CoroCoro_June_2012_3.jpg

Now if they reappear then it wouldn't be fair if May, and even Max, don't. Although I'm probably seeing this as a long shot at nothing. There is a slim chance for the series to acknowledge the old traveling partners bar Dawn, after all. Although I love Bel's idea. I'm almost certain Gary will reappear, since we're seeing a return for the old Pokémon. And he's in that CoroCoro page, too.

ReleaseYourPokemon
May 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Because the 3rd Generation is over and it's time to advertise BW(2). Remember that the Pokemon anime is essentially a series of 30 minute commercials.

If RS remakes are in the works, May might just return for some sort of special story arc. However, a permanent comeback is pretty much out of the question.

I hope that we see some of Ash's older Pokemon. I can't help but wonder if they're going to incorporate that "World Tournament" thingy as well.
30 minute commercials? What do you mean, it basically has it's own fanbase and continuity. I think they reconize that and try to please fans. If Dawn is apparently returning, why can't May? Or Misty?

Kirbychu
May 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
30 minute commercials? What do you mean, it basically has it's own fanbase and continuity.
By "30 minute commercials" I was referring to how the main purpose of the Pokemon anime (And video game anime in general) is to advertise the games and other merchandise. Not to say that effort and heart can't be put into it, but it is what it is.

I think they reconize that and try to please fans. If Dawn is apparently returning, why can't May? Or Misty?
Most of those fans no longer watch the show. The anime developers are more concerned about pleasing the newer generation of children, and as things stand there is far more marketing potential for Iris and Cilan than there is for May and Misty. On top of that, newer fans may not even know who May and Misty even are, or what Pokemon games they originated from. The Pokemon franchise is cyclical because it has an audience that is constantly replaced. Children get older and leave, and new children come in to replace them. The best older fans get is a nod to an old character once in a while, Ash's old Pokemon being featured at the Pokemon league, or an old traveling companion appearing for a couple episodes.

As stated before, Dawn is appearing because Ash's female companions always make a guest appearance in the generation after they leave.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 14th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Allow me to point out that the series that include Dawn didn't have as many viewers compared to the series that include Misty, and though I'd rather not admit it, May. Yes, they've already had their cameos, but its fact. And why didn't Dawn have a cameo earlier in the best wishes series? Its unusually late for a cameo. This also brings me to wonder why Satoshi's male companions/rivals don't really get a cameo (besides Brock, of course; though there aren't too many others.) Its just so out of place. x.x

TheFuturePokemon
May 14th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Will anything happen to Ash's team? Since it's best wishes 2 will Ash be leaving some of his pokemon behind(to give room for other region's pokemon). Will it be the end of the road for pokemon like Palpitoad, Boldore, Unfezant and Leavanny?

PlatinumDude
May 14th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Late to the party here, but I'm looking forward to Best Wishes 2. I was happy to see Dawn and Cynthia come back. And I also can't help but wonder if Cynthia will have her B/W game team in that season.

Kirbychu
May 14th, 2012, 10:30 PM
And why didn't Dawn have a cameo earlier in the best wishes series? Its unusually late for a cameo.
Probably because they wanted to focus solely on Unova Pokemon. Now that older Pokemon are being thrown back into the mix in B2W2 it makes more sense for Dawn to reappear. Remember that Dawn also got her own special along with Brock during the beginning of Best Wishes. Dawn has also been busy doing her own thing in whatever region she currently resides in.

This also brings me to wonder why Satoshi's male companions/rivals don't really get a cameo (besides Brock, of course; though there aren't too many others.) Its just so out of place. x.x
The world tournament leads me to believe that Brock will make an appearance in the future. Maybe he'll be wearing his HGSS outfit! :D

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2012, 12:45 AM
For some reason, seeing this made me think that they've practically thrown Best Wishes into the bin. :P

All that buildup to this new start and then they just go straight to bringing everything old back to town? It doesn't sound like the writers can keep the same direction for too long.

Piks
May 15th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I do believe Brock and Misty will be having cameos again in the new BW2 series,since they are in the BW2 games.

PokeGirlBel
May 15th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Not sure if the new Plasma shot is for the anime or a special but they have the best evil team outfits. I mean they look like real evil people not goofy goof balls.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 15th, 2012, 06:13 AM

May could get a return because if they integrate the Champions League that the games seem to be brewing up, Misty and Brock could be back. I'm basing that from the original traveling partners' possible in-game appearances in that one page of this same CoroCoro issue.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/42/CoroCoro_June_2012_3.jpg/640px-CoroCoro_June_2012_3.jpg

Wait...WAIT!!! Are they who I think they are?! *Pastes my face to the screen in order to investigate with a closer look* They are!!! :O
Ah, Cid, this spoiler you posted had me choking on some pink lemonade! x.x Anyway, this is some nice news! Like I stated above, the Pokemon series that include Misty had more viewers.
From what I can see, I absolutely ADORE her new look! And is that Gary?! Yay!
If Gary, Misty, and Brock were to get another cameo, there is potential for an increase in viewers (including the nostalgia fans that would watch just to see some old friends.) It would be ironic for Trip to meet a previous rival, like Gary. I would also love to see the awkward moment when Cilan would meet Brock! XD :cer_giggle:

Kenshin5
May 16th, 2012, 08:29 PM
If the WT is used tbh I'd like past people that were shown to be strong besides the main rivals like Paul,Barry and maybe Gary. As much as a longshot as it is I'd love to Ritchie,AJ and maybe even Gisslle from back in the day. I just don't want re match ups but have Ash battle people he never battled. So things like Ash vs Barry Gary vs Paul for example. Guess we need to wait till a preview of the new arc is shown. Maybe before June since they tend to show previews a month or so before.
I wouldn't exactly say Ritchie is a longshot, now AJ and Gisslle yes. Ritchie was Ash first league rival with Harrison, Tyson, and to an extent Morrison. So I feel Ritchie has a bit of importance too be included. Not to mention he was in Chronicles. I thought Ash already had a match with Barry. If I remember right it was to see who would get Gible or something like that.

Now if they reappear then it wouldn't be fair if May, and even Max, don't. Although I'm probably seeing this as a long shot at nothing. There is a slim chance for the series to acknowledge the old traveling partners bar Dawn, after all. Although I love Bel's idea. I'm almost certain Gary will reappear, since we're seeing a return for the old Pokémon. And he's in that CoroCoro page, too.
Having the "player" in Champions League may be a bit tricky. May could always return though to promote RS remakes, although they have Dawn to do that as well since she just returned from there.

Allow me to point out that the series that include Dawn didn't have as many viewers compared to the series that include Misty, and though I'd rather not admit it, May. Yes, they've already had their cameos, but its fact. And why didn't Dawn have a cameo earlier in the best wishes series? Its unusually late for a cameo. This also brings me to wonder why Satoshi's male companions/rivals don't really get a cameo (besides Brock, of course; though there aren't too many others.) Its just so out of place. x.x
Not real late since May had her Cameo in DP076 or at least arrived in Sinnoh then. I wonder that as well, since I didn't see Brock on the poster. Nice to see Max but doubtful, and we can see Tracey at Oaks Lab maybe.

Wait...WAIT!!! Are they who I think they are?! *Pastes my face to the screen in order to investigate with a closer look* They are!!! :O
Ah, Cid, this spoiler you posted had me choking on some pink lemonade! x.x Anyway, this is some nice news! Like I stated above, the Pokemon series that include Misty had more viewers.
From what I can see, I absolutely ADORE her new look! And is that Gary?! Yay!
If Gary, Misty, and Brock were to get another cameo, there is potential for an increase in viewers (including the nostalgia fans that would watch just to see some old friends.) It would be ironic for Trip to meet a previous rival, like Gary. I would also love to see the awkward moment when Cilan would meet Brock! XD :cer_giggle:
Their looks aren't really new per say since they are HGSS artwork. And they are just refurbished looks from GSC.

vaporeon7
May 17th, 2012, 03:03 AM
A new trailer:
5QCiwYUgTuE

It looks like Dawn hasn't caught any new Pokémon...

Charicific
May 17th, 2012, 03:38 AM
So how long is Dawn staying? She seems rolling with their adventure for a while (hopefully). Anyway, #1 reason this series is gonna be the best, The World Tournament :D Can't wait to see Cynthia wipe the floor with all other champions 8)

PokeGirlBel
May 17th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Wait I read its the World cup juniper Division. So is Cynthia vs Caitlin like an expedition match and the rookies enter to get to the finals or am i missing something?

Bluerang1
May 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I wanted her to have a new outfit so bad. I guess since she was already rendered in the new Sugimori art, she's fine. Her outfit is still cute though.

TheFuturePokemon
May 17th, 2012, 03:19 PM
lol Oshawott forever alone...

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
A new trailer:
5QCiwYUgTuE

It looks like Dawn hasn't caught any new Pokémon...

*Facepalm*
Looks more childish than ever. And I thought these previous generation Pokemon weren't in the Unova Region (I know they're adding them to the games/anime, but wasn't it stated in the previous series that even a Pikachu was rare in the Unova Region?) Also, it appears they're in a plane or something. Is this still Unova or one of the previous regions? >.>

PokeGirlBel
May 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
lol Oshawott forever alone...

The poor otter shall get revenge on the penguin lol

Kirbychu
May 17th, 2012, 05:36 PM
*Facepalm*
Looks more childish than ever.
How so? Looks like typical Pokemon to me.

Hikamaru
May 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Kirbychu is right, this is what the Pokemon anime should really look like.

Railgun
May 17th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Kirbychu is right, this is what the Pokemon anime should really look like.

piplup seems like a jerk now

Manila Luzon
May 17th, 2012, 11:52 PM
And I thought these previous generation Pokemon weren't in the Unova Region (I know they're adding them to the games/anime, but wasn't it stated in the previous series that even a Pikachu was rare in the Unova Region?) Also, it appears they're in a plane or something. Is this still Unova or one of the previous regions? >.>

It takes place in East Unova, where Pokemon from other regions are found. And they're probably taking a plane to get there...

blackmorale
May 18th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I like. I've got a lot of catching up to do though, since I haven't played gen 5 nor watched a single BW episode; currently on Season 2, yo.

TheFuturePokemon
May 18th, 2012, 03:13 AM
It takes place in East Unova, where Pokemon from other regions are found. And they're probably taking a plane to get there...

Is it also suppose to take place two years later?

PokeGirlBel
May 18th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Is it also suppose to take place two years later?

Only the games not the anime

Plasmette
May 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Despite these cool things happening, the anime will still be horrible. In my opinion, of course.

Kenshin5
May 19th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Wait I read its the World cup juniper Division. So is Cynthia vs Caitlin like an expedition match and the rookies enter to get to the finals or am i missing something?
Think that was a misread as it is "Junior Division" which I don't know what divisions pertain what trainers. I'd think though that a Champion would be in some sort of seniors division. Unless they are both having a Sparring match too get the competing trainers motivated for battle.

Piks
May 22nd, 2012, 02:21 AM
Despite these cool things happening, the anime will still be horrible. In my opinion, of course.
The BW series has been doing perfectly good since it first started.

piku
May 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
Does anybody else notice how the kami trio have different forms in the teaser? Tornadus looks like a bird, Landorus looks like a dog, while thundurus looks like... I don't know.

Manila Luzon
May 22nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Does anybody else notice how the kami trio have different forms in the teaser? Tornadus looks like a bird, Landorus looks like a dog, while thundurus looks like... I don't know.

Uh, those forme's have been announced for a while now. They're sacred beast forme's iirc. Thundurus is a dragon. I think.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 22nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Is it true that Satoshi's guide partners will eventually change later on in the anime? (I know Dawn is only appearing for a cameo and isn't likely to stay, but I've seen speculation that Iris might return to her homeland or Cilan might leave while someone else replaces them. We saw Iris and Cilan in the commercial, but they aren't suppose to leave until a bit later after the series is released. Is this legitimate?)

PokeGirlBel
May 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Is it true that Satoshi's guide partners will eventually change later on in the anime? (I know Dawn is only appearing for a cameo and isn't likely to stay, but I've seen speculation that Iris might return to her homeland or Cilan might leave while someone else replaces them. We saw Iris and Cilan in the commercial, but they aren't suppose to leave until a bit later after the series is released. Is this legitimate?)

No there staying. As for Dawn she could stay the rest of the series tbh. Ratings for Best wishes have not been good in Japan compared to older series. So they could be using her to draw fans back in.

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 23rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
No there staying. As for Dawn she could stay the rest of the series tbh. Ratings for Best wishes have not been good in Japan compared to older series. So they could be using her to draw fans back in.

I doubt it. It is just a cameo, just a few episodes. The chances of her permanently staying are way unlikely.

Bluerang1
May 29th, 2012, 05:44 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/OPJ15.png

New image from the Best Wishes 2 intro. Looks like we'll be seeing Shizui in the anime.

weedle_mchairybug
May 30th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Brief question about Best Wishes 2:

I remember reading on Serebii.net that there were going to be returning Gym Leaders (from past generations, I mean) in Unova in Black and White 2. Will this have any impact on Best Wishes 2? For one thing, if it does, it would give the writers the perfect excuse to have Misty and Brock cameo. After all, they're part of the World Tournament thing that the returning Gym Leaders are in.

Edit: Never mind, disregard my question. It's already been covered.

Well, regarding Dawn's definite reappearance, she'd better have a very good reason for going to Unova, seeing how there aren't any contests there. It can't be just to see Ash. After all, Ash doesn't put things on hold in the middle of a region just to see his old friends, and even when May went to Sinnoh, pretty much the only reason she actually went to Sinnoh was because of that Water Pokemon Contest thing that allowed for an inter-regional ribbon.

As for Max, given that Norman isn't among those Gym Leaders, his chances of reappearing are slim to none. May, as well, since she already accomplished Hoenn, and as I noted in several of my previous posts, there aren't any contests in Unova.

And personally, I don't buy the statement about their wanting all new characters in the series when doing Best Wishes. Otherwise, they would have replaced Ash as well. You can't make a reboot or a blank slate if you don't get rid of all things old, after all.

Hikamaru
May 30th, 2012, 08:03 PM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/66/OPJ15.png

New image from the Best Wishes 2 intro. Looks like we'll be seeing Shizui in the anime.

Oh, I can see Drayden and Caitlin there.

I know Caitlin is certainly going to appear in the World Tournament arc, about time she got an anime appearance. And according to the trailer, it says she has a Gothitelle.

As for Drayden, I don't know.

Nwakaego
June 26th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Awww, Iris and Dent are gonna go away?

I like Dawn a lot. And it's good that she gets to see a return. But I'm gonna miss my Iris. I hope to hear from Iris again as soon as possible.

I hope she doesn't disappear at all. But if she has to.... well, I hope to see her back soon.

Kenshin5
June 27th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Awww, Iris and Dent are gonna go away?

I like Dawn a lot. And it's good that she gets to see a return. But I'm gonna miss my Iris. I hope to hear from Iris again as soon as possible.

I hope she doesn't disappear at all. But if she has to.... well, I hope to see her back soon.
Not sure where you heard that from. Iris is not going away as of yet. The only thing that is occuring is Dawn is visiting Unova for a bit. Cilan is staying as well.