PDA

View Full Version : Wow, do we have a viking here? I believe we do.

CarcharOdin
May 12th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Okay, I'm not really a viking, but I still think they're cool.

Anyway, name's CarcharOdin and I'm new here.

A few things I like: Heavy metal, Pokemon, Pokemon Special, sharks, vikings, beef jerky, video games, and Slayers.

A few things I hate: idiot drivers, lines, Otep Shamaya, iPhones, dubstep, Carnival game vendors, and Jersey Shore.

As of this writing, I'm 21 years old and I go to college at California State University Monterey Bay; my major is Biology. A few facts about myself can be found in my profile, but if you want to know more, just ask me.

Major Ziggs
May 12th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Hi there, welcome to the forum! Glad to see you got round to making a thread. c: I've gotta ask; where'd the love of vikings stem from? It's a cool thing to love, but it's not something I see come up often! I'm also studying Biology - what area are you interested in? For me its genetics. :3 If you love Pokemon Special then you'll certainly want to check out this section here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45) and hopefully you'll feel right at home! Make sure to read the rules and ask a member of staff if you need help; otherwise enjoy and hopefully I'll see you around! ^^

CarcharOdin
May 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM
My love of vikings came around while listening to Amon Amarth and reading about how awesome Norse gods are, especially Odin. Odin is the boss; Jehova, Zeus, Vishnu, Jesus, and Allah have nothing on this guy. Odin is the ruler of Asgard and is the Norse God of war, battle, victory and death, wisdom, magic, hunting, prophecy, and poetry. That means he can rearrange people's faces while stalking elk, reciting haiku, making it with their wife(s), and downloading music illegally off the internet all at the same time.

As for the biology part, my area of interest is in Marine Biology, mainly surrounding ichthyology. However, I am having trouble with cellular biology and organic chemistry at the moment and having to retake some classes; if my luck and motivation don't return, I might just switch to computer science because my statistics class taught me to program in R and programming was one of the funnest things about that class. Since then, I've been practicing with Python and I'm actually slated for taking a C++ programming class next semester. If I find it more interesting, I'll probably switch, even though I'll have to review a lot of math.

Also, thanks for the directory to the manga/comics area.