PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Essentials Chat system

Rick1234
May 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM
This is just so I can get help. I want to make a chats system for the people playing the game I am making. I need it so people can connect on to the internet (Off the game itself) and actually get transfered to a alternate area where people can connect and chat. I know it might be hard but can someone help me with this I think its a great idea. I also want to add a battle feature with it and maybe a Trade feature. And makes it so it disables the Pokegear function. I hope to make this in a separate folder so I don't get stuff mixed up. I don't even know if its possible but I really think people would like this function. So will someone help me? (If I don't reply send me a message. I am not on often.) Thank you.
Edit: The new idea's I came up with is a Phone where you can call people and video chat with them as long as they have a web cam or microphone they should also include a map feature and a roaming pokemon feature to shows where a roaming pokemon is, this will include, Mesprit, Cresselia, Latias and Latios. This feature might take some work but they will need to be given a personal number and so they may add contacts for the person they are about to call/Video chat with. This takes some serious time I know Not worried about it going slowly. I am rethinking about changing the features on another script and changing it to the full features on web cam. This feature will include the chat as a text message feature. Also wanted in this is a MP3 where the player may upload their own music and play it during the game.
Nothing else should be changed. I hope to get someone to do this stuff.
P.S. If I put this in the wrong spot sorry I don't know where much is.

Umbreon
May 15th, 2012, 04:59 AM
This is just so I can get help. I want to make a chats system for the people playing the game I am making. I need it so people can connect on to the internet (Off the game itself) and actually get transfered to a alternate area where people can connect and chat. I know it might be hard but can someone help me with this I think its a great idea. I also want to add a battle feature with it and maybe a Trade feature. And makes it so it disables the Pokegear function. I hope to make this in a separate folder so I don't get stuff mixed up. I don't even know if its possible but I really think people would like this function. So will someone help me? (If I don't reply send me a message. I am not on often.) Thank you.
P.S. If I put this in the wrong spot sorry I don't know where much is.

Something I was working on a while ago:

=begin
This script is used for connecting online for a semi online feel to the game : D
=end
URL="http://localhost/pconnect.php"
## These functions get the chat and displays it
def hsGetChat
post={
"action"=>"chat_get"
}
ret=pbPostData(URL,post)
ary=ret.split("/../")
return "" if ret == ""
# See the post is assembled already in the php script so we only return it : D
return ary
end

def hsDisplayChat
chat=hsGetChat
if chat==""
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("No chats avaible!"))
return nil
end
viewport=Viewport.new(0,0,Graphics.width,Graphics.height)
viewport.z=99999
sprites={}
commands=CommandList.new
for i in 0..chat.length-1
commands.add(i,chat[i])
end
sprites["cmdwindow"]=Window_CommandPokemonEx.new(commands.list)
cmdwindow=sprites["cmdwindow"]
cmdwindow.viewport=viewport
cmdwindow.resizeToFit(cmdwindow.commands)
cmdwindow.height=Graphics.height if cmdwindow.height>Graphics.height
cmdwindow.x=0
cmdwindow.y=0
cmdwindow.visible=true
pbFadeInAndShow(sprites)
ret=-1
loop do
loop do
cmdwindow.update
Graphics.update
Input.update
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
ret=-1
break
return ret
end
if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
ret=cmdwindow.index
break
end
end
break if ret==-1
cmd=commands.getCommand(ret)
if cmd >= 0
break
end
end
return ret
end

I never got round to making the php file for this because I don't think it's worth it.

Rick1234
May 15th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks :D I will give credit. Maybe you can help me make a new device. I call it the Pokevice (Same as the old on just better) I want to add like a video chat feature a call feature mp3 feature, roaming legendary locator. and much more. Message me if you can help. :D Thanks.

Umbreon
May 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks :D I will give credit. Maybe you can help me make a new device. I call it the Pokevice (Same as the old on just better) I want to add like a video chat feature a call feature mp3 feature, roaming legendary locator. and much more. Message me if you can help. :D Thanks.

this won't completely work because of no php file...

Rick1234
May 16th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Ok I wil figure someway to make a php file for it or maybe someday you could make one.

Rick1234
June 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Can someone lock this thread for me? I don't need it anymore. Thanks.

Cilerba
June 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Well okay then. Locking this thread because Rick asked and whatnot.