PDA

View Full Version : AAML is dead!

Ali(mika_umbreon)
December 4th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Sorry to say this, but AAML it totally, 100%, DEAD. Misty has been kicked out. She even makes an appearance again, and leaves for the episode. All of your hopes are tarnished. Misty is gone. Forever. She is never coming back. At first the writers decided ash should have a girlfriend. So Misty was born. But then, the hints started getting weaker and weaker. Then, they started giving more and more palletshipping hints, centering the show on Ash and Gary. And then, Misty was kicked off the show to cover up thier mistake. They Just got so sick of the god****ed ***** and replaced her. Behold Ash's new Girlfriend, May. Well let's see how THIS turns out.

No swearing please. ~Kairi

Sayuri no Hoshi
December 5th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Sorry to say this, but AAML it totally, 100%, DEAD. Misty has been kicked out. She even makes an appearance again, and leaves for the episode. All of your hopes are tarnished. Misty is gone. Forever. She is never coming back. At first the writers decided ash should have a girlfriend. So Misty was born. But then, the hints started getting weaker and weaker. Then, they started giving more and more palletshipping hints, centering the show on Ash and Gary. And then, Misty was kicked off the show to cover up thier mistake. They Just got so sick of the god****ed ***** and replaced her. Behold Ash's new Girlfriend, May. Well let's see how THIS turns out.

AAML's not totally dead. I'm still a fan--but I'm becoming more of a realist in this situation. Ash and Misty have a REALLY strong friendship; however, that doesn't mean they have to become lovey-dovey. It's a really nice thought ^^;; but it's not going to happen because Pokemon isn't centered around romance and marriage like part of the plotline for Ranma 1/2. Ash and Misty do keep in touch by the way, because Misty says something like "It's finally nice to meet you" to May in the episode she makes an appearance in and Ash has probably mentioned her to May and Max in a non-episode contained coversation of theirs.

And not to be a killjoy, ^^; as much as I adore Ash and Misty, Misty wasn't just put there to be Ash's future wife. In a lot of teenage/kids shows you see that the main character always has two best friends. If the main character's a girl, she'll have a boy that's a friend and also a girl and in Ash's scenario he has a friend that's also a girl and also a boy, namely Brock in general. So it's basically to have a little of each--Misty's mainly a female counterpart seeing as they both have the same personality. As for May...*twitch*...meh. ^_^ Sorry to be so in depth about everything, but that's how I feel, lol.

ChaoX
December 5th, 2003, 12:43 PM
wow, you guys must be smart, writing big long paragraphs and such.

Anyway I liked Misty alout more then May. It might just be that Misty has a greater historic record with the show then May has so far. Even when im watching the show im sorta uneasy about May replacing Misty. A difference between them is that Misty had an attitude while May (in my opinion) acts just like a dumber Ash(yes that is sorry).

Sapphire
December 5th, 2003, 01:57 PM
It's..dead? yay! er...I mean..sad...I dont really think its totally dead (why?) I dont know why...hm..i was never a fan of Misty, or May. I like May better cause she doesnt know anything! :p haha poor May, misty returns, in those episodes i bet everyone is happy (cept may!)

Sleek
December 5th, 2003, 02:27 PM
time to speak my mind. in my opinion, misty was one of the greatest characters (besides Lance). i think if they should "drop" anyone it should have been ash. he doesnt evolve his pokemon, he only wins badges by sympathy, hes mentally ill, he doesnt catch the good pokemon because he 'feels baad'. he just gives me bad vibes. too much sympathy....and the show isnt dead yet. i still watch just to see r/s pokes in animation.

usami
December 5th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I dont think they should have got rid of Misty shes like the glue that holds the show together I mean you got girl crazy Brock & stupid Ash(no offense to ash fans) i mean someone has to keep the two in hand i mean May she dosent seem to be to enthusiastic about being there. Ok i just wanted to say that.

punkie90
December 5th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Darn. I liked misty. Well are you shure she isn't coming back?

IndianPokefan
December 8th, 2003, 06:47 AM
I always liked Ash/Misty. I do feel they are cute for each other, but if Misty is gone, I think that's really bad.

Arore
December 8th, 2003, 01:13 PM
I wish that they didn't drop ANYONE because the original characters were the best together. Brock was awesome and I thought Misty and Ash were cute together. But, come on! Tracey?! I mean, Tracey's cool and all, but not nearly as cool as Brock. Why is it that every season Ash is specifically FORCED to start a new relationship? Feh. -_-

Togepi
December 12th, 2003, 04:04 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo misty whats gunna happen to togepi?? misty has been through all the pokemon series and movies. I think ninteno have made a big mistake because less people will now watch it, kiking her out was like kikin pikachu out misty come bak. How does she leave does she go back to her gym???

Sayuri no Hoshi
December 12th, 2003, 05:17 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo misty whats gunna happen to togepi?? misty has been through all the pokemon series and movies. I think ninteno have made a big mistake because less people will now watch it, kiking her out was like kikin pikachu out misty come bak. How does she leave does she go back to her gym???

*turns on obnoxious, self-righteous Sayuri no Hoshi*
It's not a matter of people not watching the show just because Misty left. Brock left during the Orange Islands and people weren't as worked up about that seeing as how he was the "third wheel" in the common Pokeshipper's mind. A lot of people want to watch it now because it's a brand new season of Pokemon. Misty does leave, and she does go back to the Gym to take care of it while her sisters are on vacation. However, she comes back for a little bit for two episodes because of a two-part story and her Togepi evolves into a Togetic ^_^ and she leaves it in the Mirage Kingdom. She then leaves to go back to Cerulean Gym afterwards.
*turns off obnoxious, self-righteous Sayuri no Hoshi*

ash_misty4ever
December 13th, 2003, 01:34 PM
I don't think AAML is dead. Just like Brock, it was time to get a new character. AAMl couldn't just die suddenly. Even though Misty left it doesn't mean that she still doesn't love Ash. I really don't know about taking out Misty to cover their mistake. I actually liked the older episodes of Pokemon than the new ones.

Iveechan
December 13th, 2003, 02:00 PM
AAML was dead from the start. Shipping is a fan's waste of time, imo. Heck, Ash cares more about Pikachu than that red-haired thing with the lopsided ponytail.

oni flygon
December 13th, 2003, 02:07 PM
True, shipping is fan based but it's not a waste of time. ^^

IMO, AAML isn't completely dead. It's all in the fan's will and sanity. Even if there are oncoming barrages of Advanceshipping hints, a dedicated shipper always keeps his cool.

(Oncoming Specialshipping fanarts don't faze a Feelingshipper like me XD)

MewtwoMaster
December 21st, 2003, 02:14 AM
Why did they get rid of Misty? I mean, she was Ash's first friend! Plus, she vowed to follow him until HE bought her a new bike! Now, Joy fixes it, and Misty is lost in PokeHistory... I know about Brock and the Orange Islands, then Ash and Gary become friends, now, Misty dies, and the show fries. Who's gonna pull Brock away from his big-heart-shaped-eye moment?!? (Although I really like the idea of May being dumber than Ash...) :laugh:

orange*berry
December 21st, 2003, 04:07 AM
I'm sorry. I didn't read all the replies in this topic, but I thought Id just give my opinion here. n.n() In Pokemon, romance isn't a common subject. I think they put Kasumi into the series just to have a female character, and maybe attract some female fans. I think 4kids wanted to create a relationship between the two since the media influences kids to get into this sort of thing so early. It really is more apparent in the English version. I mean... she practically confesses it to the public numerous times in all the various soundtracks they released over here. () Now that Kasumi is gone, Satoshi x Haruka is replacing Satoshi x Kasumi. (Though personally, I think Shigeru and Satoshi would be cute together. ()) n.n()

Q Man
December 22nd, 2003, 02:21 PM
*tries to keep calm, and not explode*
I'll state how I feel right now, flat-out. I don't belive that Pokshipping/AAML will ever die out. It's all in the mentality of its supporters (such as me), and so long as they still belive, the concept of them loving each other will never die.
*crosses arms* AAML dead... How rediculous.

Kenta
December 22nd, 2003, 03:35 PM
AAML definately is not dead

The manga for example is full of it!

heck! even Blue comments around everyone at the end of the G/S/C Special that Red should just live with her

beat that! :P

Mystical Mewtwo
December 22nd, 2003, 08:58 PM
well, u guys, i must say that AAML is not dead. While some of you belive they got rid of her for other reasons, i think it is because the voice actress wanted a break. Many voice actors do the same. At first i thought she was gone forever, but she showed up once. This, however, is my opinion, not fact: i do not know if the voice actress really wanted a break. However, with mysty out of the trio it gives her much less lines :)

Spike Razzor
December 23rd, 2003, 01:40 AM
I'll give it to you straight. AAML isn't alive, nor is it dead. Do you know why kids (thats what you people fighting are acting like)? Well maybe cause it doesn't exist, its all pure 100% fan based foolishness people do to past time. We don't know single thing about the characters (example:Ashs father), so why assume there inlove? I wouldn't want people to assume just cause my friends a girl that we are an instant couple, neither would anyone here unless you are really thoughtless.

Mika, I always knew something was up with you. Your posts make you sound like a 10 year old girl on one of those very speacial days every month, it makes me sick. I don't like people that act the same way you do, makes the others ask themselves "Why is this person still here?".

In conclusion, AAML never was to begin with. Common sense has hit again.

Arore
December 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM
Okay, so I agree that it is a possibility that it is still going on, but still, it just doesn't seem right that he's going with May now. But then, who am I to judge love, especially a relationship that I myself did not create?

Spike Razzor
December 23rd, 2003, 01:47 PM
Arore, please till me what you know about love... Misty prob does like (not loves) Ash, but Ash never shows any involvement with Misty. Hes more inlove with his ego to be, and if Misty has feelings for Ash then its a one sided love which would be sad (in a pityful way). A love where you care for a person, but they don't feel the same is the worst kind of love. And remember a person can have tons of friends that are the opposite gender, and for all we now Ash could like Gary...

ash_misty4ever
December 27th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Well also I personaly think May and Brock might have something, therefore Ash has Misty. It is true that shipping is based on the opinions of the fans, but when there are songs and a lot of common hints in Pokeshipping, it does feel like it there is aaml.

linkslegacy89
December 27th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Hey Everyone!
To be honost, I don't really think that the relationship between Ash and Misty has completely dissipated (oh, look at me with my fancy talk ;)
Anyway, there are still many loyal fans out there and I'm no exception.
Also (somebody clarify this for me), I thought that it was decided Ash and Misty will finally kiss in the final episode of Pokemon. Can anybody check that out for me?
Hope everything's great,
Riad

charmanderluver
December 27th, 2003, 11:27 AM
What's AAML stand for? Anyways, Misty might come back... but I don't really like her... in fact I can't stand her... grrr... I like May better for the following 5 reasons:

1. She is not as bossy as Misty was
2. She has a sense of humor
3. She does not act at all like misty except for the fear of bugs
4. At least she tries to capture a bug pokemon
5. I just can't stand Misty!!!!!!!!

And..... it's true!!! It's like... Misty is a teenage Angelica Pickels (Rugrats ya know?)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x.x

charmanderluver
December 27th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Hey Everyone!
To be honost, I don't really think that the relationship between Ash and Misty has completely dissipated (oh, look at me with my fancy talk ;)
Anyway, there are still many loyal fans out there and I'm no exception.
Also (somebody clarify this for me), I thought that it was decided Ash and Misty will finally kiss in the final episode of Pokemon. Can anybody check that out for me?
Hope everything's great,
Riad

Yeah that's weird... I heard that too. :paranoid: Oh well. I guess not...

linkslegacy89
December 28th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Yeah that's weird... I heard that too. :paranoid: Oh well. I guess not...
Yeah... oh well, then...
Riad
P.S. I believe AAML stands for "Ash and Misty Love" or "Ash and Misty (in) Love"
I've also heard of AAMRN; "Ash and Misty Romance Novel"
Don't you just love Acronymns?:P

Geodude
December 30th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Haven't you guys at least stopped to think why they had Misty return for two episodes? Was it just to show off her new clothes and see Togepi evolve and leave, which easily could have happened before she left in the first place? No, I don't think so. That was just an excuse to get her back and gauge fan reaction for a possible longer (even permanent) return in the future. That's my theory. I really don't think the writers spent several seasons building up hints for nothing. But then again it does seem to be a new crop of writers this time around...

And Misty? Bossy? Johto Misty = background noise, hardly bossy. Have you even watched most Johto episodes? Apparently not.

dqle
March 2nd, 2004, 07:14 AM
SHE MUST!!!!! It's inevitable that ash and Misty will get together, but hopefully not anytime soon. I'd like to see how things turn out without her in the group. I think one of these effects is that Ash gets ticked off at many things he should have sooner or not at all. Also, he seems to try his all to get the badges as fast as he can...

(it's a little long, so get some Pokchow or something)

If you guys noticed, Ash has been really touchy recently. First there was Max...
*Max: "Hey, you're the guy who lost in the second round in the Silver Conference!
Hold on... your name... is Alf!!!":)*

Next, there was May. She was yelled at by Ash because she apparently wanted some Rustburo 'pasta' before they left, but the boat already departed for Dewford Island.

Then, there was Brawley. He didn't accept Ash's challange at first, so Ash decided to persuade him (riding a wave WITHOUT a surfboard, digging throught the sand like Bugs Bunny) And after Ash lost he battle, he seemed to do everthing he can to earn his badges.

Then there was James in the Granite cave. Ash apparantly had a very short temper with James NOW for some stupid reason. I mean, Team Rocket had been chasing Pikachu for over 2 'years' now and didn't complain too much then. And in some episodes, Team Rocket helped out Ash and friends!!!

The most recent episode 'A Corphish outta Water', Ash actually skipped breakfast just to train!!! Now, do you guys remember Ash actually skipping a meal in the past? I think not!

With all this in mind, I personally think that Misty is the cause of all this! Ash's temper seems to be of Misty's. (Ash also passed his battling strategy to Misty, shown in the Whirl Islands championship episodes) His eagerness to earn the badges I think is to try to impress Misty. Thoughout the show, Misty never really seemed impressed with anything Ash does, although we all really knew that wasn't the case. Ash didn't see it though, so he tries everything he can to impress her. This is what I think, so if this is not the case, don't blame me!!!

Misty will forever be in the series. I DON"T CARE WHAT YOU GUYS SAY!!! Now for them to actually admit their feelings for each other... I hope that's a long ways from now. It'll ruin Pokmon's point if they did!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
March 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
*tries to keep calm, and not explode*
I'll state how I feel right now, flat-out. I don't belive that Pokshipping/AAML will ever die out. It's all in the mentality of its supporters (such as me), and so long as they still belive, the concept of them loving each other will never die.
*crosses arms* AAML dead... How rediculous.

Thankyou so very much fellow Pokeshipper !! n.n()()
Q Man you could'nt be more true , Pokeshipping will never die aslong as us Pokeshippers never let our feet of the ground ^-^

*Reads all the posts on this outragous thread and tries not to hyperventilate* x.x I am a loyal and ever beliving Pokeshipper , allways have been allways will be , and i have confidence in Misty coming back even Ash promised and sweared to her he would. Now who would'nt take loyal Ash's word ? ^_^ AAML will never die and its certainatly not dead , just read Geodude's post for the proof =) *Crosses my arms also* Nuff said =3.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Meh. AAML is not the official name for the fact Ash and Misty get together. It's just a name that someone (prolly a girl) came up with. I don't even see them together. They're friends. And because she left, it's gone, but does that really matter? They were only friends to begin with.

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 2nd, 2004, 10:45 PM
By the way, this topic is kinda dead, and shouldn't have been revived in the first place.

dqle
March 3rd, 2004, 06:41 AM
Oh, sorry, my bad. So, when does Max pull Brock's ear???

Imakuni?
March 4th, 2004, 10:10 AM
this will never die and masatokun dont close this it needs to live

dqle
March 8th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Where the heck did we get the 'term' AAML???? It sounds quite stupid...
It needs to be something with a lot more... oomph. (you think of something!!!)
It will never be gone as long as the series exists!!!
And friends? Boy, you're blind as a Zubat! (well, maybe he's right about Ash, but I don't think so)
Oh yeah, please don't close this thread!

Ice Lugia
March 15th, 2004, 02:02 PM
This may just be a good time to ask about the specifics of the supposed "-shipping"s. Does it mean you worship these characters? If so, what about what the names, who do they represent?

ChaosblaZe master of fire
March 15th, 2004, 02:18 PM
What's AAML stand for? Anyways, Misty might come back... but I don't really like her... in fact I can't stand her... grrr... I like May better for the following 5 reasons:

And..... it's true!!! It's like... Misty is a teenage Angelica Pickels (Rugrats ya know?)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x.x

fight the power!

dqle
March 16th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Yeah, I think that the '-shippings' are the worshipers. Honestly, I don't consider myself a Pokshipper, but I will fight againsty anybody who tries to deny the relationship between Ash and Misty!

Ok, here's what AAML means:
Ash
And
Misty
(in)
Love(ing)

I think that's such a stupid term. They really should deserve a better one.

~*Silent Tattsu*~
March 16th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Charmanderluver What's AAML stand for? Anyways, Misty might come back... but I don't really like her... in fact I can't stand her... grrr... I like May better for the following 5 reasons:

I am really tired of people that say they don't like Misty or Pokeshipping because they think Misty was so horrible as her personality and to Ash & she's just one big bully....... well have they ever heard the saying Hate=Love ? and why can't you exept that Mist is just fiery ? Misty's feelings for Ash allways came out the oppisite way , she loved him , but she could'nt bring herself to even hint she vaugely liked Ash. Saying that she was really horrible to Satoshi is not a proper reason because they don't seem to understand why Misty was like that..... O_o

Greed
March 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Hmm, now why would AAML be dead? You guys are still here, so why yall crying about it? Like Silent Tattsu said, yall be strong, and AAML won't die.

(I can't believe I'm saying this, I hate Misty, don't I? XD)

Anyways, let's just leave Charmanderluver alone, will yall? He's just expressing his opinion, and I couldn't agree more with him ^_^ And he wasn't bashing Misty. He didn't say "DIE MISTY" or sumthing like that. So let's not make her look like a bad gurl. ^^

Now, as I said, AAML is not dead, well, not as long as you dedicated fans still stand =/

*dies*

dqle
March 16th, 2004, 06:37 PM
LOL, I like that reply, CaRtOON.

Sorry if I started the commotion in the other thread.

You won't stop dyin' will ya?

Greed
March 17th, 2004, 11:19 AM
LOL, I like that reply, CaRtOON.

Sorry if I started the commotion in the other thread.

You won't stop dyin' will ya?
Thanx, sometimes I even stick up for the stuff I don't believe in, I just surprise myself sometimes o.o; And don't worry about the commotion, let's not call it a commotion, let's just call it a healthy debate ^^

And about the dying thing.. errr... no, I just cannot stop it ^-^;;;

Anyways, AAML will not die, as long as strong supporters like dgle and silent tattsu are holding it. Heck, I may not be in for it, cus I got other couples I love =D Like the Falkner and Morty *they'd look so cute together =D* But hey, dudes, don't sweat it. And whoever said that AAML is dead, that person must be wrong. Cus in order for it to be dead, you all must be dead. I guess.. Oo;; Sometimes I just give the weirdest responses.

*eagle tears CaRtOON to shreds*

dqle
March 18th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Heh, you remind me of Kenny from South Park; you've got words of wisdom very few can understand... and you die every post.

Until a freaky episode where EVERYTHING goes wrong, AAML (ugh, I don't like this term) won't die ever.

Sorry, but when it comes to arguing about Ash, Misty, or Ash & Misty, I just get the strangest feelings. When I get mad, I turn into a bulky green Pikachu. Must be all of those radiated Pokchow pellets I found near my house...

Pika-Hulk SMASH PUNY COMPETITION!!!!

Greed
March 19th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Heh, you remind me of Kenny from South Park; you've got words of wisdom very few can understand... and you die every post.

XD!! What can I say? I'm just misunderstood X3

*pikachu eats CaRtOON*

jirachi_trainer
March 20th, 2004, 07:54 AM
I think it was becuse the voice actor now does a voice in shaman king. (that blue haired girl?)

pokey a.k.a espeon
April 10th, 2004, 12:02 AM
I still believe Ash and Misty are in love.I Ash and May is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.May ****en sucks.She's a wimp who do'snt battle.Sure Misty was a tomboy (I am too) but she was'nt a wimp.She actally had skill in battle and I respect that.I'm sorry May fans I did'nt mean to offend you but I just don't like May.

dqle
April 10th, 2004, 07:06 PM
OK, I don't know why anyone tried to post anything more on this topic. It's obvious AAML (blech, STILL hate that term) won't ever go away in the Pokmon series. Oh well.

If anything at all, I think the biggest relationship that May could ever get with Ash is a brother/sister one. They have WAY too much in common. I bet that's no fun in a relationship.

I've explained all I could on post #30 (above), so I've got nothing more to say.
(grr... after watching May carefully, I've come to realize that I don't hate her anymore. I just don't approve of those two ever getting together do.)

flamegirl
April 12th, 2004, 06:46 PM
MAY SUX AND BLOWZ!!!!!!!!

Misty was all cool and stuff

dqle
April 13th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Man, as much as I dislike May, I can't hate her anymore. Even then, I think that's a little too much to say about her.

(Isn't that considered vulgar? An admin should check on this or something.)

Gigawolf1
April 16th, 2004, 10:07 AM
If anything, Misty re-appearing proves AAML beyond a doubt. BTW, May just bites. She can't even get a starter pokemon to be good in battle; only Pokeshipping & Hoennshipping (Brendan & May) could work. :rambo:

AdvAncEd_Grl
April 16th, 2004, 12:29 PM
I totally agree that AAML is so dead. And right now i think Ash and May are starting to like each other as you can see in the episode of 4/15/04 of the japanese version. And I have noticed that Ash is getting older and taller, cuz in some of the japanese version screenshots he is almost as tall as Brock... so i guess he will soon be kinda into girls...
*and btw when Misty came back she seemed not that interested in Ash in fact she was nice to May and Max.*

Greed
April 16th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I still believe Ash and Misty are in love.I Ash and May is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.May ****en sucks.
Urghhh.. You can say you dislike May, BUT DON'T START FLAMING, IDIOT!!!!!! >_<; God! You people are so darn inmature!

MAY SUX AND BLOWZ!!!!!!!!

Misty was all cool and stuff

Same with what I said above, DON'T FLAME. I'm in a really bad mood today and I won't stand and see idiots break rules!!!!

Pokey, and flamgirl, if you both have nuthing nice to say, SHUT THE H*LL UP! God..

Man, as much as I dislike May, I can't hate her anymore. Even then, I think that's a little too much to say about her.

(Isn't that considered vulgar? An admin should check on this or something.)

Now I don't hate Misty as much. Dunno why, tho. =P Maybe I just flipped or something. And about the vulgar stuff, its best to report it if things get out of control. ^^; I just warned them, hopefully they'll be smart enough to heed my warning.

*dies*

dqle
April 20th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Uh, thanks CaRtOON? P.S. it's dqle

About the height issue, in the earlier episodes, (seasons 1 and 2) the animators sometimes mistakingly made Ash as tall as Misty. That was never the case as proven by later seasons. Also, didn't the creators that the main characters don't age in the show? And why does Misty have to be angry at the fact that Ash has been helping another girl and boy??? That doesn't prove anything! In fact, Misty just likes Ash for just about anything he does. Only exception is another girl trying to take Ash away from her. Misty can tell if anybody is doing that. Since Misty doesn't see any connection between Ash and May, there WON'T be one!

I respect all characters in the show now, even May, but I'll never let down Ash and Misty being together! (although I hope it never happens, at least for a while longer!)

Greed
April 22nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Uh, thanks CaRtOON? P.S. it's dqle

About the height issue, in the earlier episodes, (seasons 1 and 2) the animators sometimes mistakingly made Ash as tall as Misty. That was never the case as proven by later seasons. Also, didn't the creators that the main characters don't age in the show? And why does Misty have to be angry at the fact that Ash has been helping another girl and boy??? That doesn't prove anything! In fact, Misty just likes Ash for just about anything he does. Only exception is another girl trying to take Ash away from her. Misty can tell if anybody is doing that. Since Misty doesn't see any connection between Ash and May, there WON'T be one!

I respect all characters in the show now, even May, but I'll never let down Ash and Misty being together! (although I hope it never happens, at least for a while longer!)
Sorry about the name mistake =P I'm an idiot. I really would like to see Ash and May together, but since he likes Misty more, meh, what can I do? =P

*dies*

dqle
April 23rd, 2004, 05:20 AM
Hmm... change of heart, CaRtOON? First you hate this relationship, now you approve? I didn't influence you, didn't I?

Greed
April 24th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Hmm... change of heart, CaRtOON? First you hate this relationship, now you approve? I didn't influence you, didn't I?
Maybe you did? ^^ I dunno, I just realized whenever I saw Misty's face, I used to throw a tantrum, and say mean stuff about her, now I guess I gave up? ^^ What's the use getting angry at a cartoon character, and what's the use complaining about how I wanted Ash and May together? If that's what the producers wanted, so be it. ^^

Like I said, sometimes I surprise mehself =P

*dies*

Rose Flame
June 20th, 2004, 03:15 AM
I personally think that, for the shows purposes, Ash and Misty make a better couple. Their interaction together is just more interesting, and has more chemistry. With Ash and May, the interaction seems more distant, polite-know what I mean? I have nothing against May, besides the fact that she seems like a bit of a girly-girl airheaded type, and she seems to have something of a plastic personality, from what I've seen. But, Misty isn't perfect either. She, to me, is a lot like Jessie. I heard rumors that Ash and Misty were suppose to kiss at the end of the series, but I don't think that's very likely. I did a study on Japanese Culture for my sociology class in the ninth grade, and, in Japan, kissing isn't just showing affection-its more like foreplay. So, if thats right, the chances of that happening on pokemon (a children's cartoon) seems slim. I don't have much uh...guess you would call it experiance...in this area. I'm definitely more of a rocketshipper; now THAT'S an area I can argue about a lot better than this:).

Kitty17794
June 25th, 2004, 07:05 AM

that sounded rather rude......
AAML is not dead. There is nothing between May and Ash. May's too young, and Ash shows no interest in her. Misty will be back, just like Brock came back. Ever heard of the phrase "Absence makes the heart grow fonder?" ;)

Splat
June 25th, 2004, 09:42 AM
The "there are no hints for Advanceshipping" is pure bias from Pokeshippers. And I don't even like this ship that much. From what I've heard there are many hints to come, and give it a break, it's a young ship. Misty has known Ash forever, but May, just a few months or so.

kirby00
June 25th, 2004, 11:05 AM
i think that you cartoon were flaming when you said other ppl were, you need to stop being *quoting not insulting* "immature", and insult ppl even if they were insulting things too... caring so much about a cartoon is immature anyways, and if you say some1 is immature when they are they are the ppl to be most offended jsut like sayin "your retarded" to a retard, is even moreso insulting. so dont say "you are so immature" to immature ppl cuz it hurts them the most esp, if what your doing is immature making you a hipcrit

The Psychic Psycho
June 25th, 2004, 11:56 AM
time to speak my mind. in my opinion, misty was one of the greatest characters (besides Lance). i think if they should "drop" anyone it should have been ash. he doesnt evolve his pokemon, he only wins badges by sympathy, hes mentally ill, he doesnt catch the good pokemon because he 'feels baad'. he just gives me bad vibes. too much sympathy....and the show isnt dead yet. i still watch just to see r/s pokes in animation.

glade to know im not the only one who feels this way, dont forget about everytime he gets a strong pokemon that he finds some way to get rid of it ( butterfree, pigeot, charizard, lapras, etc.) personally i think the show should get rid of masato and ash and gain misty and brendan from ruby/saph. that, in my opinion would make the show alot better.

Greed
June 26th, 2004, 05:49 PM
i think that you cartoon were flaming when you said other ppl were, you need to stop being *quoting not insulting* "immature", and insult ppl even if they were insulting things too... caring so much about a cartoon is immature anyways, and if you say some1 is immature when they are they are the ppl to be most offended jsut like sayin "your retarded" to a retard, is even moreso insulting. so dont say "you are so immature" to immature ppl cuz it hurts them the most esp, if what your doing is immature making you a hipcrit

...Come again..? o.o;

Anyways, dude... I thought this topic was dead.. o.o; Anyways, I think they should have gotten rid of Ash better. Yes, replace him with someone else would be better. I mean, he's pretty.. err.. lame imo. ^^;

*dies*

TRs Rockin
June 26th, 2004, 09:19 PM
UGH! Okay i want someone to clear this please... someone on this site i was at a LONG time ago said that the future seasons of pokemon was going to be about Ash and Misty's kid!!!! I dont' think that is true... but just thought i'd post it anyway. I really wish they would've dropped Ash AND James from the show instead of Misty... (please don't get mad at me... this is my personal opinion) We all know (or most of us) that Ash is completely brainless therefor i'd say he counts as half a person and James... the other brainless freak on the show... counts as half, so half and half makes one! So they'd be only dropping one person from the show!! HAHA i love math! Anyway of the subject... i don't like the idea of him and Misty gettin together... she deserves better... (once again.. only an opinion) But hey whatever! This seems like a really complexed plot for a kids show!!!

Greed
June 27th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I agree, they should have dropped Ash. I just realized the reason why Misty's so mean to him, cus the twerp is stupid! I mean, who's NOT suppoused to want to kick his butt? XD He should have left the show.

*dies*

Pincushion
June 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM

Very confusing but why does Ash have to have a girl friend!? Its suppose to be about pokemon not some love show anyways ash's mine so may back away (hey a rymm)!

Greed
June 27th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Very confusing but why does Ash have to have a girl friend!? Its suppose to be about pokemon not some love show anyways ash's mine so may back away (hey a rymm)!
Its how every frigging show goes XD The main character ALWAYS has to be paired up with the second main person =/ Gets boring after a while ><;;

*dies*

Pincushion
June 28th, 2004, 04:49 AM
I don't think so, not every show, and anyway some people and me from PC have come to the conclusion ash is tieher 10 - 14, abit young for a girl friend, and he's not intrested in Misty or May, lets face it the shows about pokemon & ash,not Misty or may there just his little minions!

~*Silent Tattsu*~
June 28th, 2004, 06:38 AM
I don't think so, not every show, and anyway some people and me from PC have come to the conclusion ash is tieher 10 - 14, abit young for a girl friend, and he's not intrested in Misty or May, lets face it the shows about pokemon & ash,not Misty or may there just his little minions!

WHAT!? *Runs after Username, while ranting*
What a evil thing for you to say! :p

I have to say, i don't agree with you there. And Misty is definately not Ash's little minion. She's a strong and popular character.

IMO, i don't think at the age of 14 your two young to have a Girlfriend either.
I'm a person who belives that love has no age, its a strong emotion that can be felt no matter what age you are. And i belive that Ash is 13.

Even though i have already posted my thoughts on this thread, i thought i'd be a bit more philsophical and say why i think AAML is most certainly not dead -

I am actually seeing Contestshipping (May and Shuu) rather then Advance shipping (I don't belive that it could happen at all, i loath the idea ><) to be the main shipping in Houen now. I think Misty could make a suprise appearance, although i also think that she may only come back after AG. Perhaps this long period of time has allowed Misty to think about her feelings for her friends (and Ash) and how much she has missed them. Because she has been kept in the dark for so long, maybe when she returns her character will have probably matured a lot more and we may be able to see some stronger hints because (IMO) all the characters have matured and grown older. This may mean that we will see a different side to Misty because Togepi/Togetic isn't around.

It also bothers me when certain people say that there's hints of May liking Ash. I think thats nothing but wishful thinking. I'm not trying to put down any Advanceshipper, but Misty and Ash have WAY more history together. Besides, Ash is atleast 3-4 years older then May. He has shown no interest in her, and lastly he's not only to compete in the Hoenn League, but also he seems to have taken the role of the older brother towards May. Nuff said. That's my opinion though.

The writers got rid of Togetic for a reason and have kept Misty in the dark for another reason. I think everyone knows that there is a very strong bond between Ash and Misty - whether it be very strong friendship or something deeper. But has anyone wondered why they haven't ever made much physical contact? Very rarely have we seen one of them grab the other's hand in an emergency or push them out of the way of danger. Physical contact is often one of the strongest forms of hints and perhaps Ash and Misty haven't made as much contact as would be expected despite their relationship could be because of several different reasons.

Firstly, many advanceshippers consider Ash grabbing May's hand in the Bulbasaur episode a hint but the last time we saw Ash grab Misty's hand was in Johto in that episode with the Slowpoke when Misty was only holding Togepi with one hand. Many of the strongest hints we have had involve some contact between the characters, blushing or obvious emotions.

Eg. In the First Movie, a lot of emphasis was put on Misty and Ash grabbing each other's hands underwater as the camera zoomed in on them. And when Ash was turned to stone, Misty was the only one who spoke and seemed the most depressed at losing Ash ^.~

I for one do not belive AAML is dead in the slightist. For all we know it could be stronger than ever, and right infront of our eyes. The writers i belive do know that shipping plays a huge part in anime, and so it keeps interest alive... if ash and misty were to get together soon, then all suspense would be lost and we would not have that much fun debating anymore. A goal is most treasured only when it has not been achieved yet ;)

As long as there are still supporters, Pokeshipping will never die. No one can stop us beliving in it, and i never will myself. I'm pretty confident about Misty's return and their relationship =D *runs out of thread, grinning to herself*

Megasupercoolcoolguy
June 28th, 2004, 10:29 PM
does anyone else maybe think that maybe just maybe time runs differently in the pokemon world? i mean, its a completely different world to ours so you know, maybe a different system needs to be used to calculate age and time for pokemon.
i want to work out a system if it is different...but i dont want to
lol oxymoron

TRs Rockin
June 29th, 2004, 09:52 AM
ugh.. like i said before... what a confusing plot for a kids show! Doesn't anywon agree to this???

I'm not sure about the time thing... do you mean like on digimon where like one minute in the real world is an hour in the digital world??? something like that? Ahh... but i'm a little lost as to where this is all going.

Anyway... I do think that May likes Ash... (one question... WHY???) But i don't think Ash shows any interest in her... which i can believe
But like on the first episode with May... i think she showed a little crush on Ash (WHY???) But from then on i haven't seen much in her flirting with him anymore. I don't think there is anything there. I'll have to go fully on the Misty and Ash theory... and lets get this straight... THEORY!!!

Kitty17794
July 1st, 2004, 05:44 AM
TRsRockin, I love you! XD Clay Aiken ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS. Booya for Claymates ;)

Back on topic. Just watched "Misty meets her match" and here's a shipping hint!

Rudy: You're a very lucky guy Ash
Ash: Wha?
Rudy: You'll see one day.

dqle
July 2nd, 2004, 03:35 AM
Yay, another long post. Thanks, ~*Silent Tattsu*~!!! (Oh, there were many more episodes where Ash and Misty actually had to get each other out of trouble physically)

Uh, that episode was there purely for the relationship between Ash and Misty (oh, and his second Orange League badge...) There was more evidence that I had expected crammed into that one episode. Also, two episodes before that, remember when Ash and his gang united a male and female Nidoran? Notice one of the last remarks in that episode Ash and Misty said: (quote remembered from top of head, it may not be exact)

Ash: Wow. Can a kiss really change someone that much?
Misty: I guess we're going to find out someday.
(Ash looks at Misty, but doesn't seem to catch what she said)

On the time issue, I do believe that time runs quite differently in the Pokmon world and the real world. What makes me believe that is that nobody seems to get taller in any way. To find this out, I look at Jessie and James. I'm pretty sure that they're old enough to the point that they really can't grow any taller. And comparing them to Ash, Ash never got taller. Niether did Brock or Pikachu. Remember, the producers did say that Pokmon is based on an ageless child's adventures.

pokeknight
July 10th, 2004, 05:39 AM
ya! aaml isn't dead!
I have always wanted M<isty in the show and Still many of pokefans do!
[A proof of it's that there are thousands of aaml related sites in net!]
If the writers will do so then they are going to pay for it![although they already have as the show viewers had declined in number!

Splat
July 11th, 2004, 08:19 PM
[A proof of it's that there are thousands of aaml related sites in net!]
You wanna check up on those numbers again?
If the writers will do so then they are going to pay for it![although they already have as the show viewers had declined in number!
Really, eh? A lot of Pokefans seem to think that Johto was quite a boring season, as do I. I stopped watching then, but I have recently started watching again. You gotta admit, with the cookie-cutter fillers and the fact that Misty wasn't nearly as lively as she was in Kanto and Orange Islands, it slugged. I think it's picked up again a lot, and May and Max are quite popular characters in Japan.

Anna
July 13th, 2004, 08:41 AM
AAML is not dead. Misty might be gone, but AAML lives.

Hey Splat, didn't I meet you at Pokemopolis?

Greed
July 13th, 2004, 09:24 AM
I didn't knew this thread still lived.. X.X; I heard once that once the whole episodes of Pokemon finish, Ash and Misty will get married in the future. x.x; That's what I heard, so I'm not saying I'm right or anything.

I honestly like the Ash/May pairing better, but then again it up to the producers. =/ Darn you, creators of pokemon that put two women together with one man!!!! >_<;

*dies*

kirby00
July 13th, 2004, 10:59 AM
this has nothing to do w/ this rumor, but was the only way to ask you since i 4got your name to pm you/find u, about why u publically talked about me behind my back in a thread deicated to me in a negative way... when i asked you to stop bashing ppl who were bashing other things i was jsut telling you "doing the same jsut as a way to tell the others to stop is jsut an excuse for you flaming/bashing others" anyways i am not too angry about what you said, just letting you know im wasnt being mean, just letting you know that what you were doing was hipocritical

Skye
July 13th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Kirby...stay on topic...your post could only be the cause for more trouble...and besides, by making this a public post for everone to read, you are being hypocritical as well. You could have just sent a PM...

Anyway, I don't think AAML is dead at all! Although I haven't seen much of the new season of Pokemon, how can he possibly forget about Misty at the drop of a hat? They spent an awful lot of time together, and I will never forget the episode (Orange Island season I believe?) when he went back to save her from the Magnemite herd. It was so kawaii!!

Besides, May is so different personality wise! Ash and Misty did fight an awful lot, but they had a lot of chemistry, and I think that Ash realizes how much she meant to him, encouraging him in her own way...

Pogiforce-14
July 13th, 2004, 06:33 PM
AAML is not dead. During Wishmaker Ash says to max something like: " A good friend left me once and I miss her every day. But I know deep down we'll always be together." Guess who he was talking about. :D

Splat
July 13th, 2004, 11:25 PM
His Pokemon?

That wasn't in the original version at all.

Pogiforce-14
July 14th, 2004, 03:31 AM
well it's there in english, and it's obvious it isn't his pokemon he's talking about. Besides, none of the pokemon he let go where girls.

Splat
July 14th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Why the **** do the dubbers feel the need to keep adding Pokeshipping hints all the time? Half of them aren't even in the original, and others are taken out of context...plus some of the Japanese writers don't like the idea of Pokeshipping and prefer they had a brother-sister relationship.

Kitty17794
July 14th, 2004, 12:38 PM
AAML is not dead. During Wishmaker Ash says to max something like: " A good friend left me once and I miss her every day. But I know deep down we'll always be together." Guess who he was talking about. :D

REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY?!?!! OMG! *Squeal* I must see that movie now. Thats a hint if I ever saw one.

Splat
July 14th, 2004, 02:47 PM
=/

It's not in the original. It doesn't count. Drop it.

Mullet
July 15th, 2004, 09:17 PM
AAML isn't dead Ash mentions Misty in the 6th movie if you didn't notice, and you find out for sure that Misty and Ash are in love in the eposide she leaves in. May is like 10 and Ash is 14 at the least maybe even older, so May in my opinion is too young for Ash. Also I don't think May can be Ash's girlfriend, sorry to all those people who think that will really happen. If that happens that is wrong. Misty would a better girlfriend to Ash than May could ever be. I think that you are wrong Ali (mika umbreon), but that is just my thoughts.

Splat
July 15th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Anyway, nothing is "proven". Not until they actually come out and say "I love you let's get married and have many babies and live happily ever after". Did they do that yet? Heylls no. It's really all in fun and the true stars of the show is the Pokemon, and that is what comes first in the anime. Romance is like sixth or seventh.
AAML isn't dead Ash mentions Misty in the 6th movie if you didn't notice
DID YOU NOT NOTICE MY LAST THREE POSTS? *pant*

Pogiforce-14
July 16th, 2004, 03:20 AM
listen dude, it doesn't matter if it isn't in jap. If we didn't think it real because it wasn't in jap, our story would be all sorts of chopped up. Frankly I thnink it is in jap, but anyway, they say it, so it does exist and it is real. if we didn't consider changes to movies real, we wouldn't really think of Sammy as young Prof. Oak. So chillout. Why finally found some solid proof that aaml isn't dead, and you gotta throw a hissy fit and make excuses. :b

~*Silent Tattsu*~
July 16th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Anyway, nothing is "proven". Not until they actually come out and say "I love you let's get married and have many babies and live happily ever after". Did they do that yet? Heylls no. It's really all in fun and the true stars of the show is the Pokemon, and that is what comes first in the anime. Romance is like sixth or seventh.

DID YOU NOT NOTICE MY LAST THREE POSTS? *pant*

Oh boy... -__-

I know you. Your from Serebii Splat. Let me guess, the person with the Pokeshipping quiz that takes the **** out of us supporters, avertises Anti-AAML sites in sig, try's to make everyone a palletshipper, bla bla bla. I won't tell you who i am over there though.

Don't tell Kitty17794 to drop it. Whether the Jirachi dub hint was a original or not, it's still something us Pokeshippers are darn happy about, and you can't stop us. You can't just try and argue against our beliefs, because i could say an AWFUL lot against Palletshipping. Do you really think the makers of Pokemon would bring homosexuality into the show? Do you honestly think Ash is gay? I for one don't --;

Pogiforce-14, i couldn't agree with you more, good job on that post.

For you guys who want the exact quote from Jirachi Wish Maker, here it is ^_^ But be reminded that this is a dub hint, and Ash didn't mention Misty at all in the original. -

---------------------------
(This scene took place at the time when Jirachi had to say goodbye, and Max was finding it very hard.)

ASH: Jirachi's going to with you your whole life, not just a couple of days.
MAX: You know that's not true, Ash.
ASH: You see, sometimes friends have to go away, but a part of them stays behind with you. It's especially true when the friends are best *best* friends. You'll remember Jirachi forever, and he's gonna always be in your heart. A good friend left me, and... (looks sad, lowers his voice) I miss her every day, but I... (brightens up) I know we'll always be friends forever.
----------------------------

Ack, even though it's a dub one, you can't help awwing *lol* <3

I have come across so many points towards Pokeshipping happening, and Misty's return. I have all the confidence in the world, and i have not lost my faith just cause Misty's absent for AG. You don't know whats going on in the Writers plans, i belive that they have AAML planned out. Misty's suspended in time for the moment, back in the Gym, but do you honestly think she's just going to stay there forever and act as if she's dead? If Misty didn't still have feelings for Ash she could have easily set off on her own Journey once her sisters returned from the trip, but no she has stayed put. We all know she has a dream to become a Water Master. But she also keeps her faith in her relationship with Ash. Misty will return, because the storyline has to tie AAML up in the end. After all, Ash isn't going to stay in Hoen forever. And i wouldn't be suprised to see Misty's return when Ash gets to the Hoen Leauge, she'll want to come and root for him. There's a meaning in this storyline, and it's not solved yet. Sorry, but i think i may just be laughing in your face at the end of the day, cause AAML is not dead.

Skye
July 16th, 2004, 05:38 AM
God call Tatt!

Personally, I think there was more behind the reasoning of Misty going back to the gym. Besides fullfilling her responsibility to her sisters at the gym, I also think it was one of those "if you love someone, let them go, and if they come back to you, it was meant to be," kind of deals.

If you think about it, Misty has always been a bit more mature than Ash, except when she engages in fights with him. she probably wanted to see how Ash would do on his own, figuring that if she stayed, she would only complicate things with how she felt.

Oh...dear...sounds lik a fan fic coming on!! I'll stop now!

Splat
July 16th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I know you. Your from Serebii Splat. Let me guess, the person with the Pokeshipping quiz that takes the **** out of us supporters,
Um, no? Did you even take the quiz?
avertises Anti-AAML sites in sig,
Which is just as much as my right as it is yours to advertise pro-anythingshipping in your sig.
try's to make everyone a palletshipper,
Hahaha, no. I think you're blowing it out of proportion. Again I hold my right to say anything I want and bring up Palletshipping when you bring up Pokeshipping so much.
bla bla bla. I won't tell you who i am over there though.
Duh, I know who you are. Your font gives you away.
Do you really think the makers of Pokemon would bring homosexuality into the show?
*laughs*
Do you honestly think Ash is gay?
No? I don't think Ash is much of anything. As I have said before I think Palletshipping is more one-sided on Gary's part.

Skye
July 16th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Oh gez....here we go again...this can only lead to a flame war...will someone close this already?

Kitty17794
July 16th, 2004, 12:09 PM
ooo...anyone seen "Love, Pokemon style?"

Sooooo many AAML hints..Misty was so jealous...

Pogiforce-14
July 16th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Was that the one with Macy the fire trainer all lovey dovey on Ash at teh johto League Silver Conference? Cause if it, it's on Kids wb right now. :D

Kitty17794
July 17th, 2004, 06:02 AM
Yea it is, thats why I mentioned it ;)

Misty was very jealous, wasnt she? XD

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Very much so. :D It's so obvious, the only reason why I could think Splat wouldn't notice it is that he's letting his personal views interfere with the evidence. I think that was the point Tatt was trying to make. I myself am not exactly a big misty fan, but i can admit something is true when there is no denying it. Wish he could do the same.

anyway, I can't help but wonder how ash and misty react when they run into each other again. I'll love to see the looks on there faces. :D

dqle
July 18th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Who keeps reviving this thread?! (Don't close it though!)

I won't say anymore, (since my arguements would probably take up at least half this page length thus far) and for all of you who support AAML, I'm proud that you guys still believe. You already know me from the previous pages. (it's hard to miss, one post at least 20 lines)

Oh, and what happens when Ash and Misty finally reunite, I believe that the first thing they'll do is to argue about something ridiculous.

Anna
July 18th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I belive you're right, dqle.
AAML stands for Ash And Misty's Love.
I am against palletshipping.

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2004, 05:40 PM
I can see it all now. First they'll be all surprised, then they'll be happy, then misty will get mad about May and start assuming things, then they're fighting as if they never plit up. :D

Splat
July 18th, 2004, 11:18 PM
May looks up to Misty and there's no jealousy or anger between them at all. They both hit it off well.

Anna
July 19th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Splat! You kno that's not gonna happen!

Splat
July 19th, 2004, 10:02 AM
:15:

Yes, that IS what happens. I bet you a million dollars it does.

pokeknight
July 20th, 2004, 05:51 AM
AAML is never going to die! It will live forever!

Kitty17794
July 21st, 2004, 12:12 PM
OMG. The ep that Misty leaves ("Gotta catch ya leave" or something) was FULL of Pokeshipping hints. FULL. How can anyone not believe they are a couple?

Misty: "How could he talk to me like that? Doesnt all we're been through together matter to him? He wasnt even sad we had to split up.."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ash: Misty?
Misty: Hm?
Ash: Er...your bike is there..
Misty: Oh...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Misty: Thank you Ash..I finally know how you feel about me

Plus they all cried their EYES out. They have to like eachother.

pokeknight
July 23rd, 2004, 08:49 PM
YEP! that ep contains a lot of pokeshipping hints!
An example : -[misty's feelings towards ash!]
[not original by me, credit goes to ML17]

Roxy Parkington
July 24th, 2004, 02:14 AM
I've always been a firm believer in AAML and the Gotta Catch You Later episode was so bittersweet. ;_; For those of you who have the English 2BA Master soundtrack like I do, has anyone considered the irony of Together Forever? The song says that no matter what they'll be together, all three of them, and then the producers drop the unexpected bomb at us in the fifth season. I felt like crying myself when they all had to split up... But it could also mean that they'll be in each other's hearts, like Ash hinted at in the English dub of Jirachi Wishmaker, that was so cute! ^_^

I never thought I would miss Misty as much as I do now as we enter the seventh season in August here in America. May's grown up a lot since the beginning of Pokemon Advanced, in fact, I wouldn't mind having her as a friend, just goes to show how your impressions of people can change. Even though May is growing as a character, she and Ash don't share the same unspoken understanding he shared with Misty, and I believe that things would've turned out for the best if Misty had been able to stay.

And so, those are my reasons for believing in the power of AAML, and no matter how persuasive you might be, it won't change my views on the matter. ^_^

~Roxy~

dqle
July 24th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Uh, I gotta comment on the music on 2.B.A. Master. FYI, 'Together Forever' and a few other tracks on that CD were aimed at Ash and Pikachu, not intentionally at Ash and Misty.(notice Pokmon Kareoke: 'Together Forever' was for Ash and Pikachu)

Anywho, there's something I remember. I forgot which episode it was, but during the time when Ash, Misty, and Tracey were in the Orange Islands, the music of 'Together Forever' was playing when Ash had said something to Misty...

Freaky that I remember that, huh?

Remember, the people at 4 Kids Entertainment probably didn't know that Misty would leave the group back then. That's up to the actual producers of the show in Japan. The CD was released sometime in 1999, I believe, but the Japanese 'Gotta Catch ya Later' didn't air until 2002 (or 2003, I forgot) Don't blame the people that made the CD. Just the producers in Japan.

I have a theory about Misty's absense. The only reason that Misty didn't break down at that intersection was that she knew that it would be for the best. Even though she loves Ash, she knows that Ash also pursues his own dream, and since Misty knows this, staying with him would only hinder his climb towards Pokmon Master/Champion status.

Since it was Pokmon of America's idea of emphasising AAML, they'd better pull it off nicely or I'd have to summon my army of Pokmon.

Pogiforce-14
July 26th, 2004, 08:43 AM
There are two songs that emphasize AAML. ONe of them is called "He drives me Crazy" which can be found on the third movie soundtrack and on "Totally Pokemon" , the Johto Tv soundtrack. Then there is the one that is a dead give away called "Misty's song" which can be found on teh 2BA Master Soundtrack. As if that wasn't enough, the song "If only Tears could Bring You back" In the first movie soundtrack seems to hint at AAMl as well.

dqle
July 27th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Eh, I don't know about 'Pokmon: The First Movie Soundtrack'. They never did play many of them during the movie. Personally, I haven't heard the soundtrack, so I can't tell if that song could be used for AAML purposes.

Oh, and I have '2.B.A. Master' and 'Totally Pokmon'. (can't listen to '2.B.A. Master anymore, at least for a while. I get an emotional breakdown knowing that Misty's not there! For some reason, I can relate all songs except for the Pokrap.)

Kitty17794
July 27th, 2004, 05:08 AM
There are so many things pointing to this relationship, I dont understand how some people could say they dont like eachother!

The song hints, the episode hints, especially the ep "Gotta catch you later"...I mean come on stop being naive! XD

I am thinking that after Advanced, May will part from the gang to continue her Pkmn Cordinator dream. Max might stay, might not. Dont think he will. And Misty will return. I hope. I mean, May doesnt have to stay. Veronica plays her, and she aint going no where...but May could. Misty has to come back. They didnt fire her voice actor, or her va didnt leave, cuz Jessie is still there. So Misty is sure to come back.

Raichu Fan
July 27th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Hello!!! have any of you who doubt AAML watched the Orange Islands episodes??? Do you remember when Misty refused to leave ash and Tracy for the gym leader (i forgot his name) if that didn't hint AAML i dont kno what did! and if you remember ALL the episodes in the first season...there was something special between ash and misty (tear:P) and i am sure misty will come back. After all who will keep ash and brock in line if she doesn't

Kitty17794
July 28th, 2004, 05:36 AM
Yea. That episode has been mentioned in this thread somewhere. I say everything points to AAML

pokeknight
July 29th, 2004, 05:51 AM
I have already said at many places that AAML is one of the best story for pokemon!
Now, the topic of that episode is : "Misty meets her match!"
But the more powerful hints are at the movie: -"The power of one!"or "pokemon movie 2000" and on episodes like "gotta' catch ya' later" "pokemon,battle tower" and many others where ash and misty blush about their love!

dqle
July 30th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Don't make me list all of the signs of AAML throughout the series! (Trust me, it's looooong!)

There's a problem about the relationship though. As much as I look at it, Ash really doesn't seem to show any liking towards Misty until 'Gotta Catch Ya Later!'. Either he doesn't realize it then or he's really, REALLY good at hiding that emotion!

Since it was America that emphisized AAML, they'd better not screw it up! And neither should Japan for international sakes. (Now that I mentioned it, I wonder what's the Japanese version of 'Gotta Catch ya Later' was like. I'm curious why Kasumi ran out of the Pokmon Center like that. Is it the same way with Kasumi and Satoshi as it is with Ash and Misty?)

(By the by, the Gym Leader on "Misty Meets Her Match" was named Rudy. (I have it recorded!))

pokeknight
August 6th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Don't make me list all of the signs of AAML throughout the series! (Trust me, it's looooong!)

There's a problem about the relationship though. As much as I look at it, Ash really doesn't seem to show any liking towards Misty until 'Gotta Catch Ya Later!'. Either he doesn't realize it then or he's really, REALLY good at hiding that emotion!

Since it was America that emphisized AAML, they'd better not screw it up! And neither should Japan for international sakes. (Now that I mentioned it, I wonder what's the Japanese version of 'Gotta Catch ya Later' was like. I'm curious why Kasumi ran out of the Pokmon Center like that. Is it the same way with Kasumi and Satoshi as it is with Ash and Misty?)

(By the by, the Gym Leader on "Misty Meets Her Match" was named Rudy. (I have it recorded!))
It's true that AAML has very long list of evidences, anyway, Ash has shown that he likes Misty in many eps like.....(sorry, but u told me not to make lists).
And anyway, in Japanese version of Gotta' Catch ya' Later, Misty says that she's always wanted to be with ash and Ash admits that he wanted to have Misty with him forever.(I'd better say Satoshi and Kasumi but I like english names more.)

~*Silent Tattsu*~
August 7th, 2004, 01:17 AM
:15:

Yes, that IS what happens. I bet you a million dollars it does.

*looks at all these posts* *sighs* *shakes head*

Splat, i'm just going to ask you one question. Is it just me who thinks a big percentage of your posts here (and the only reason you practicly do come to PC), is to go against our opinions in a pathetic fight that you're not going to win? Lets face it. Why don't just get your over inflated ego back over to Serebii hmm? We don't really appreciate you here --;

Thanks Skye for agreeing on my points n.n
Guys, i think we've said enough. I don't want any of the Pokeshippers here to make us look bad, because we're not immature, we belive in what we want to, it's called devotion and loyalty to your beliefs. I wish this thread would be closed already really T__T

I'm not really up to making a big long speech on why Pokeshippings as strong as ever, there is a strong chance that it's going to happen, and explain all the hints that have taken place towards Pokeshipping. One thing though. There have been alot of added dub hints for Pokeshipping, so it's obvious that 4Kids are rather fond of it, i mean c'mon, why would they put in hints themselves for nothing? A recent dub hint being the one in Jirachi Wish Maker, when Ash tells Max how much he misses Misty but she'll always be in his heart. In a interview Veronica Tailor (the voice of Ash) said that 4kids and the original Japanese people do keep in contact alot about what to put in as the dub lines, what's wrong and what's right, whether they're alowed to do this ect. ect. So if they keep in close contact with the originals, the Japanese must know about the added Pokeshipping hints. They're obviously fine with it. IMO, i am pretty confident that 4kids knows something we don't, otherwise they wouldn't be adding these hints still. Pokeshipping is going to go somewere, the dubbers obviously know that.

dqle, i don't agree with you on the fact that Ash never showed any liking towards Misty before Gcyl. He has had his own set of hints. Gcyl could not be more CANON in the fact that Ash does care deeply for Misty. He was crying when Brock and Misty finaly departed from him. Ash tends to always hide his face under his cap when he is crying. The farewell was so much more Ash - Misty orientated, so many hints, they even looked into each others eyes for a few seconds.

Quotes:

Misty: And Ash..
Ash: Yes?
Misty: Just... be careful...

(Is it just me or did it look like Misty was about to tell Ash something else? Then she changed her mind the last minute.... <3)

* That moment after the battle when Ash and Misty talked. I believe this was the dialogue between them:

Ash: Misty...
Misty: Yes?
Ash: You're bike's over there... you're in a hurry, right?

Ash's voice sounded so sad. He doesn't like his girl having to leave ;_;

If you don't think that Gcyl symbolised the bond between Ash and Misty, that's your opinion, but i think your pretty much in denial.

Anna
August 7th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Um, sorry people, Splat was right. It does happen like that.

For a list of hints, go here:

Hints (http://www.satokasunoai.crosswinds.net/index2.html)

doomsday_shadow
August 7th, 2004, 08:37 AM
if you dont wanna know my opinion dont read this.

Here in portugal, Advance Generation have began only at one week ago, but by the previews I see in the NET, I would like to express my opinion.

I dont like neither Misty or May. The reasons:

Misty
1- Tomboy
2- Ugly
3- Fiery

May

1- Dumb
2- She doesnt battle!
3- Dumb

But between this two, I would choose May(to me) cuz shes pretty.LOL

also, i seriously start to think if ash is gay?

Pogiforce-14
August 7th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Many things wrong with that.

1. May is not dumb, she's unexperienced. There is a difference.
2. May does too battle, you just haven't seen enough of her yet to know that.
3. This isn't about which one you prefer, there is a seperate topic for that. this is about whether you think there is still signs of romance between Ash and Misty or not.
4. Ash is not gay, that's rediculous. The show is supposed to appeal to a younger crowd, so naturally Ash has the prioritys of a younger person, which I believe does not include girls. PLus, having a Gay character would also conflict with it being a kids show since it would get into sexual issues.
and 5. you listed dumb for May twice. :\

I can't see what you have against fiery tomboys and ugly is a matter of your opinion so I can't say anything to that. I understand it was just your opinion but your opinion reflects how little you you really know on teh subject.you should probably give more thought to teh topic and to actual evidence before you post next time. Look more thoroughly at what the net tells you and don't consider any opinionated summaries they may give you. Just some advice.

Anna
August 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Pogiforce-14, I think you ment inexperienced. And what happend to the topic? It's almost become a Misty vs May thread. Did any1 look at those hints?

Pogiforce-14
August 7th, 2004, 11:56 AM
typo.The u is next to i. And that wsa exactly my point. This topic isn't about may vs. Misty, ther is a seperate topic about that. People are getting off track and aren't really focusing onteh issue at hand.

kirby00
August 7th, 2004, 01:13 PM
if they made misty return and they loved eachother b4, doesnt that alone prove that it isnt dead, at least not until the returning episodes air and she may never be seen again, i belive it isnt dead till those 2 cameo episodes happen...

dqle
August 8th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Nah, I really doubt that AAML will ever disappear. I never knew that Japan actually kept tabs on all of the Pokmon translations, so I'm pretty sure they won't ruin it for all of us. Thanks for the info, ~*Silent Tattsu*~!!!

(Oh, and ~*Silent Tattsu*~, I said that evidence was hard to find about Ash liking Misty BEFORE 'Gotta Catch ya Later!'. I never said that Ash NEVER liked Misty!!!! If you had read my previous posts in this thread, you'd know that I'm a firm supporter of AAML. Please either read my posts more carefully or actually argue correctly!)

doomsday_shadow
August 9th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Pogiforce-14 , I was trying to say DUMB twice cuz she is so dumb as Ash. Misty PROBABLY liked him, but he never showed any interest. i know its a show for kids, but sailormoon, that they passed here in portugal, it was love,monster,monsterdefeat,love. This was a resume of sailormoon show. The main girl had a boyfriend, and the others were always stuck!

NOTE: like Im portuguese, i cant say what I mean here exactly. wath i was trying to say its that Sailormoon, a show for kids here in portugal, have lots of shippings inside it.

And youre right, May's inexprienced(dont know if I say it right) in battles.

And she's sooo cute! :D

pokeknight
August 10th, 2004, 05:27 AM
Anyway,. AAML is never going to be dead so i noe gotta feeling that this thread is useless.

dqle
August 11th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Useless?

Like I said before, this thread won't close down (4 people already asked before...)

Don't close this thread down. It needs to survive so people can argue with this topic and then I'll have a chance to say otherwise!

kirby00
August 11th, 2004, 12:00 PM
It Is And Every1 Knows It.... Soon Its Ash And May, And Then Ash And Off. Jenny, And Then Ash And Nurse Joy, And Then The Next Girl Main Char. Go Ash And Misty Isnt A Min Char. Anymorte Soo Ppl Move On...

peekachoo
August 12th, 2004, 01:37 AM
NO WAY iz AAML dead!!!!i think misty and ash are alwayzzz gonna be together.
maybe after this hoenn thingie....they might put misty back on the show!!!
just like the orange islands when they took brock out and replaced him with tracy..then put brock back again!
it might be the same 4 misty!
i mean. almost everyone knows that ash and misty are supossed to be together!

dqle
August 12th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I seriously doubt that Japan would do such a dumb thing like not putting back Misty in the group. Misty fans, however may have to wait. The producers know that leaving out Misty would be a fatal flaw, but they also could leave her out for a while... (personally, I'd have to hurt somebody if they'd do that)

And for a long time now, kirby00, I've always tried to understand what you type, but this time, I can't understand a word you're saying! If it isn't much to ask, please type like everyone else!

And this love thing...
Somehow, I really doubt that Ash would get with ANYBODY during the duration of his quest to become a Pokmon Master/Champion. It just doesn't seem to fit in anywhere except for the end. Unless of course, Pokmon switches views on another character...

Even then, I still will support AAML as long as I'm alive!

kirby00
August 12th, 2004, 04:39 PM
if you dont udnerstand it thats too bad, seems like peekachoo did, so its not like its impossible to understand, anyways it is dead, and if it isnt why not wait and see rather than judge now, or ask sum1 from japan and see if in japan they r done w/ hoenn yet, but i read its not done...

Makoto
August 13th, 2004, 06:57 PM
i think A&M will get back together.... anyone notice that the hoenn season is going faster then any others before it(orange islands excluded)? that's because misty's voice actor needed a break..... i mean, 5 seasons is a lot....(kanto season, orange islands, johto journeys, johto league champions, master quest) there were A LOT of specials too that were cut out from the american version.... ASH & MISTY WILL REUNITE, AND STAY FOR ANOTHER 5 SEASONS!

pokeknight
August 13th, 2004, 09:21 PM
I think AAML should continue.Even if writers don't get Misty back,I would support AAML and will try to bring it back till I'm alive but i just can't understand what does __________[Kirby00,I am going to use this _______ for you so that you just can't say i am flaming you again.]

dqle
August 14th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Finally, I can understand you, kirby00!

Are you sure a lot of specials were cut off from America, FR/LG master? The only ones I can think of are Pokmon Housou and a few specials that really didn't deal with Ash and Misty in any big way. And only about 2 episodes of Pokmon Housou talk about Misty, but I didn't hear anybody mention that Kasumi mentioned anything about Satoshi. (Japanese names. From what I know, Ash and Misty are quite different from Satoshi and Kasumi, and not just their voices.)

Until any episode actually proves otherwise, AAML will be alive in the hearts of hundreds, probably tens of thousands.

Mandy-Chan
August 22nd, 2004, 08:34 AM
well, u guys, i must say that AAML is not dead. While some of you belive they got rid of her for other reasons, i think it is because the voice actress wanted a break. Many voice actors do the same. At first i thought she was gone forever, but she showed up once. This, however, is my opinion, not fact: i do not know if the voice actress really wanted a break. However, with mysty out of the trio it gives her much less lines :)
-Misty and Jessie have the same voice artist.(I think I heard that from on a website)

-Oh yeah and as for the first post *glares* thanks for trying to ruin my hopes and dreams buddy.I hope Misty does come in one of the later seasons for the show just isn't the same without her :(.(Come back Misty we miss you!Well Ash and your fans miss you)
P.S.AAML 4eva

dqle
August 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
For all of you who think that the voice actor needs a break (by the way, it's Rachael Lillis)...

She doesn't.

The only reason why Misty's out of the picture (at least, for now) is because of the producers in Japan. They decide what happens in the show, if you guys have forgotten. Misty's out because she has to take care of the Cerulean Gym, not because of an overworked voice actor.

That doesn't mean that the voice actor doesn't want to play the part. Hopefully, Rachel wants to play the part again!

charizard_ma
August 30th, 2004, 02:33 AM
The only reason why Misty's out of the picture (at least, for now) is because of the producers in Japan. They decide what happens in the show, if you guys have forgotten. Misty's out because she has to take care of the Cerulean Gym, not because of an overworked voice actor.

i think hread misty (american) voice on an other show. it came out of a blue hair girl on the show call shaman kings. ok i was bored on saturday mourning and there was nothing good on so i went to the evil fox box. just watch the show and you may find her voice.

i have no idea why she there. may be she wants more money and they offer her the job. this show is also brought by the same company (4kids entertainment)

you guys are all big aaml fans and i in for A and M forever thing. and one more thing.....May SUCKS

dqle
August 30th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Uh, most voice actors do voices in more than just one anime. Besides, Shaman King, as well as the whole Fox BOX program is run by 4Kids Entertainment, so it's not that uncommon to hear the voices.

P.S. Here's the list that Misty's VA, Racheal Lillis, stars or guests in:
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-125517)

カスミ
August 30th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Personally, I think things are going as so...

:: Satoshi x Kasumi in JAPAN ::
For starters, Kasumi x Satoshi is not as big in Japan. The coupling does have fans, websites, fanart, etc. but it's still not that big. About 80% of the AAML hints in the English version were dub added. Especially in the episode "Gotta Catch you later."

When Kasumi is having flashbacks, they originally featured Kasumi. NOT Kasumi x Satoshi. Why did 4Kids change these flashbacks? Because they bow to AAML fans. Don't believe me? Then don't get me started. There are countless hints that 4Kids added for no reason!

Another thing to add is Haruka and Masato's popularity. The two have become incredibly popular in Japan! Kasumi on the other hand? Well she just...isn't. I know people will flame me and say "Misty is so popular! Blah blah blah! May Suks!!!11." But I don't care. If you wish to ignore the truth, then so be it. But I'm just stating a fact. If Kasumi was really loved, I highly doubt they would have left her during Houen....~.~;

Now everyone, here's some food for thought! When AAML hints are dropped in the original Japanese version, they come from Kasumi. Why? Because Kasumi loves Satoshi. We all already knew that. Satoshi however, shows no TRUE interest in her. He shows no interest in ANY girl. Not Haruka, not Latias, not anyone. With that said, is it ok if we look over this scene?

Misty: Now I really know how you feel about me Ash Ketchum.

Well...what happened? He was sad, but he didn't beg her to stay. I think Kasumi came to her senses and realized "I love you very much Ash, but you only think of me as a close friend." Or...maybe it was just me. But it really sounded that way people. I mean, Satoshi never brought her up after he got to Houen! If he loved her, I'm sure we would have got some scenes from him. But guess what? We didn't. Instead, we saw from Kasumi's point of view because she's the only one who's doing the loving.

Sorry to say this, but face it people. AAML is really a one sided relationship. Kasumi loves Satoshi, but he won't return her love. He won't return anyone's love. Whenever he was worried about Kasumi, that wasn't a hint. If it was, then it is when he's worried about Haruka in the bulbasaur episode. I mean...really people. ~.~; You take hints and say "That's a hint!! =D" But when someone else uses the same thing for their ship, you say "Shut up you frickin loser!! Misty belongs with Ash!!"

So in conclusion, I feel AAML is pretty dead in Japan. People like it, but I think most of it's fandom has disappeared/died down. In it's place, comes Haruka.

:: Ash x Misty in the DUB ::
It's one thing to say "AAML has died in Japan." But it's another thing to make that comment when it comes to the dub.

Lets face it people. AAML is far from dead in the English version. The dub is constantly adding hints that weren't there, making up songs, causing annoying rumors, etc. Also, lets not forget the bratty Pokeshippers that have made me (and many others) hate Pokeshipping.

I'm not saying all Pokeshippers are annoying, but in every batch, you always get the aggressive, bratty, stuck up, sore loser, who won't admit they're wrong. Instead, they just keep preaching how Ash and Misty belong together and make up false rumors. In a way, it makes me feel sick.

Japanese fans really don't do that people. They don't get on a BBS and start making up incredibly lame rumors that only 11 yr. old N00bs would believe. They also don't snap your head off if you don't support AAML. Sure, a few do, but it's more often seen on English speaking boards. Especially with younger Pokemon fans or ones that don't have access to the Japanese news. It's them who make up these stupid rumors about -- "Ash and Misty will kiss! Blah blah blah." Doesn't everyone else remember the Serebii rumor? Supposely in the 4th movie, Serebii takes the kids to the future and we see Ash and Misty married. Now...did that happen? Ha! Ya right. Not even close! So stop believing this kissing/married at the end of pokemon one. It was just made up by some stupid kid.

*sighs* Ok, sorry for flamming, but I had to get it out. Honestly, AAML isn't close dead in the English version, but in the Japanese version is pretty much is. It's just some of these English Pokeshippers that annoy the heck outta me. You know who I'm talking about....

Also for the record, I. Do. Not. Hate. Kasumi (Misty). Infact, my name IS Kasumi. ~.~; So don't start pointing fingers.

dqle
August 31st, 2004, 12:54 PM
As a matter of fact, I totally agree with you... uh, however you say your name is.

Honestly, I really don't know what happens in Japan with Satoshi and Kasumi just because I really can't download any of those episodes. (I have dial-up!)

Remember, it's America and 4Kids Entertainment that decided to emphisize on AAML in the translated one. Ever since, Japan has been keeping tabs on what they do according to a previous post. From what I've heard, Japan finally realizes that love between a boy and a girl could be a big hit, so now they are trying to hook up May with somebody. (I think it's Drew, but I'm not sure) Please don't kill me if I'm wrong!

Hey, Satoshi isn't the only one who doesn't seem to show any interest in girls. Ash seems the same way with me.(except the ghost on Maiden Peak) Even the sixth movie doesn't seem to be a very strong hint.

And whoever started the rumor that Ash and Misty would get married in the end, you really should stay away from the person with the last post as well as me. I don't believe it and I don't WANT to believe it. The only way I can is if the series ends, and that's hopefully a long ways from now.

BTB, what's Satoshi and Kasumi mean? I've been wondering for some time now.

カスミ
August 31st, 2004, 09:18 PM
Kasumi is Misty's Japanese name and Satoshi is Ash's Japanese name. Here's a little key of main characters. That way you know for future refrence.

Satoshi - Ash
Kasumi - Misty
Takeshi - Brock
Haruka - May
Masato - Max
Kenji - Tracey
Shuu - Drew
Shigeru - Gary
Nanako - Casey
Imite - Duplica
Hiroshi - Ritchie
Musashi - Jesse
Koujiro - James
Ookido-Hakase - Professor Oak
Hanako - Deila Ketchum

I could add more to that list, but this really isn't the place. ^^; Besides, I doubt any other characters will come up besides the ones I listed. If so, it'll most likely be in another topic.

As for Haruka and Shuu? I don't really think Japan is focusing on it. Haruka really dislikes Shuu. o_o; If you watch the Japanese version, her emotions are much bigger than the dub. But then again, KAORI (May's Japanese voice actor/seiyuu) can act better than Veronica Taylor. ^^;

dqle
September 1st, 2004, 03:26 AM
Hey,thanks for the list! Although, I was really wondering what their names mean, if anything, in Japanese.

Like I said before, to me, it sounds like Japan's trying to do what they didn't do with Ash and Misty, and from the sounds of it, it looks like a relationship to me!

Oh, and thanks for not yelling at me.

Pincushion
September 1st, 2004, 03:34 AM
Ok, Back to the topic, AAML, is dead, aparently, but the thing is, knowone apart from the officials can well officialy Know! Knowone Knows i Misty is coming back, the story line wasn't her going for ever now was it, there still making episodes, so known of us know is shes coming Back, Misty was never officialy leaving forever, they would've made it more obvious if she was leaving!

カスミ
September 1st, 2004, 11:18 AM
Hey,thanks for the list! Although, I was really wondering what their names mean, if anything, in Japanese.

Like I said before, to me, it sounds like Japan's trying to do what they didn't do with Ash and Misty, and from the sounds of it, it looks like a relationship to me!

Oh, and thanks for not yelling at me.

Your welcome. ^^ I usually don't yell at people anyways. If I do, it's because they said something incredibly stupid. But as for the name meanings? I'll write them up and PM them to you. ^^;

they would've made it more obvious if she was leaving!
Honestly, I think they did make it obvious. When Takeshi left, it was suppose to be forever. 4kids thought he was offensive and asked for him to be removed. But did we get flash backs for him? Nope. Not even one!

When Kasumi left the group however, we got loads of flashbacks. But let me say this again--the Japanese flash back was just about her. Her catching pokemon, her slapping Satoshi when she met him, her, her, her. Not Kasumi and Satoshi in every frickin scene.

Yes, I know I'm shoving this down people's throats, but some of the hardcore AAML fans won't listen unless you say it more than once.

The fact is, Kasumi got all these flashbacks, and Takeshi got none. Besides, she even got her bike back and realized Satoshi doesn't feel the same way. If she was meant to stay, I doubt they would have went to all the work of making a flash back, giving her bike back, and having her discover how Satoshi feels. It just doesn't fit. For her to come back, they would have to make up another excuse.

Why?

Well easy. Kasumi won't tell Satoshi how she feels in a million years. Even when she came back for the two episodes, she showed no signs of crying her eyes out for him. In fact, she seemed just the opposite! When she left, she seemed to be a new Kasumi. A Kasumi that knows she must move on. You could even tell it in her voice and expressions.

dqle
September 1st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Umm...

I really don't hope that would be the case with Ash and Misty. Then again, 4Kids might take things a little too far...

Whatever the case, since Japan IS keeping tabs on our version, I hope they better come up with something that won't screw-up the American version.

カスミ
September 1st, 2004, 12:40 PM
*shrugs* I dunno...Japan might help 4kids with Satoshi x Kasumi, but in the end, I highly doubt it. I'll use Digimon as an example.

In the first season, Taichi and Sora were an item. They both loved each other a lot! But when 02 hit, Sora developed a thing for Yamato, and left Taichi. By the last episode, her and Yamato were married with two children!

But was this kept in the dub? No. The producers of the dub wanted Sora to be with Taichi. When they saw Yamato and her married, they simply left it out. A stupid and immature thing to do, but it made them and the Sora x Taichi fans happy. I have a feeling something like this will eventually happen with Satoshi x Kasumi.

dqle
September 1st, 2004, 05:27 PM
Hmm. I had a feeling that something would pop up like this. I know that Japan is quite capable of doing such a thing. For some wierd reason, some things that happen in Japan won't ever happen in America. It must be that America interpretated the future wrong, so therefore leaves out anything that really isn't explained. Sorry if I repeated what you said.

Hopefully, Japan won't do something like the 4th Pokmon movie where America nearly had to change the entire plot just because of different beliefs. (that's what I've heard, anyways) We will see what happens between Ash and Misty. I do, however, agree that they won't get together at the end, if at all. *sob*

Personally, I see them entirely different than Satoshi and Kasumi from what I've heard about the two.

Zoe0Shockwave0
September 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
mayber the site but those fans, i being an Ash must get laid soon or else fan therefore being a AAMR fan cause of chances, obviously still exist

Ash_And_Misty_Rules
September 4th, 2004, 04:32 PM
AAML cannot die! Misty is going to come back for 2 episodes! And maybe after the Hoenn Saga because there is going to be a new place in the Pokemon world afeter Hoenn.
*Fingers twitching* Can't wait any more!

カスミ
September 4th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Well I guess we'll find out soon enough. This last hoso is the one to either break or make pokeshipping. So say your prayers people XD Maybe she'll choose Satoshi, maybe she'll choose Kenji. Heck, she may choose no one! Personally though, I think she'd go well with Kenji.

dqle
September 5th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Whoa... Tracey?

Um, is it just me, or does that evidence only appear in Pokmon Housou?

Of course, I did see some evidence that Tracey liked Misty during the Orange Island series, but it really wasn't that strong. Besides, Tracey was probably the only other person that sorta guessed that Misty liked Ash during the Nidoran episode, (unless, of course, 4Kids made that translation) so I'd like to think that Tracey is smart enough to leave those two alone...

(yell if you must...)

Mullet
September 5th, 2004, 06:53 PM
AAML will never die end of story!

Anna
September 10th, 2004, 06:36 PM
*raises hand* I agree! AAML 4EVER!!!

カスミ
September 11th, 2004, 10:46 PM
...it will never die why? Give us some sort of reason people. o_o; I mean, no offense, but just saying "It'll never die!!!" is pretty pointless.

Water Pokemon Master
September 11th, 2004, 11:35 PM
I'm a pokeshipper, and so yeah, put my name on that 'Sign here if you want Misty and Ash' thingy.

Of course, I did see some evidence that Tracey liked Misty during the Orange Island series, but it really wasn't that strong. Besides, Tracey was probably the only other person that sorta guessed that Misty liked Ash during the Nidoran episode, (unless, of course, 4Kids made that translation) so I'd like to think that Tracey is smart enough to leave those two alone...

Nidoran episode? What happened there?

Anna
September 12th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Well, there were 2 Nidoran that were in love, but their trainers were rivals and didn't allow them 2 get together. About the middle of the ep., Misty said that the trainers were in love but were to immature to admit it. Tracy said,"Y'kno, that's kinda like you and Ash."
Misty and Ash blush and yell at him.
At the end the 2 Nidoran 'kiss' and evolve.
Ash: I wonder if people change when they get kissed?
Misty: I guess we'll have to find out for ourselves.
Ash: Yeah... wha?!?!

dqle
September 12th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Uh, actually, those two last lines happened in the episode with Temacu. The last two lines go like this:
Ash: Can a kiss really change a person?
Misty: I guess we'll have to find out ourselves someday...
Ash: Huh? (he stares at Misty, but really didn't catch what she actually meant.)

Water Pokemon Master
September 12th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Wow! I think I remember that ep from a long time ago, but now I wanna see it again! Go Ash and Misty!!

カスミ
September 12th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Uhh...you guys do realize that kissing thing was dub only, right? It never happened in the Japanese version. ~.~; *hits 4Kids for throwing in fake hints* Instead, Kasumi and Satoshi were just talking about maturity and stuff like that. No kissing.

dqle
September 13th, 2004, 03:26 AM
I realized many things, including what 4Kids has been doing for the past years. They've been emphasizing on AAML for quite a while. And from previous posts, it looks like AAML is not existant anymore in Japan, but like I said before, since Japan IS keeping tabs on the American version, Japan better make something up that won't confuse any Ash, Misty, or general Pokmon fans.

Splat
September 18th, 2004, 01:26 AM
4. Ash is not gay, that's rediculous. The show is supposed to appeal to a younger crowd, so naturally Ash has the prioritys of a younger person, which I believe does not include girls. PLus, having a Gay character would also conflict with it being a kids show since it would get into sexual issues.
That's the funniest thing I ever heard. ^_^

Fiona
September 18th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Personally, I don't think AAML is dead. It's alive in the heart of all AAML fans ^^

(Excuse the extreme corniness..XD)

Ben-san
September 18th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Ok all here is something to think Why did they introduce may to represent the female character in R/S IDIOTS!

2. to the dope who said ash should be dropped 1. he's the main character 2. he still kicks gym leaders butts with most unevolved pokemon 3. YOUR AN IDIOT!

3. the reason Misty isn't there is to make room for Better comedy from May who is a lost cuase

dqle
September 19th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Uh... what???

R/S? Answer 2 before AND after answer 1??? (not to mention answer 3 twice in a row...) Please clarify this!

But what I can understand is the May as a comedian thing. Misty isn't there apparently since the producers think that she's been in the series too long, and must leave, if not for a little while, like Brock. Somebody told me that he wasn't supposed to come back, but I have my doubts about that. Hopefully, the producers have the answers in the future episodes and won't mess everyone's dreams up.

Personally, I think May is a welcome change in the show. Although I am a huge AAML fan, I think too much of a good thing can become bad. May, as well as Max, I think will demonstrate Ash's maturity growing as the show progresses. He already has shown plenty of it so far, and for that, that makes me happier at the fact that he's getting to the point where he EVENTUALLY figures out what romance is. Then...

Well, I'd better not jump to conclusions as the show could do anything...

But I'll keep my hopes up!

AAML
April 2nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Long live AAML!!!
Misty will return and May will be long gone!!!

Spike Razzor
April 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Do not post in a dead topic, its against the rules.

Cherrim
April 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah... this is really old. o_O Please create a new one if you'd like to continue the discussion. ^^;