PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Serperior VS [Samurott] VS Emboar

Kaori
May 20th, 2012, 08:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yfMVi.png
http://i.imgur.com/f2GFa.png

Deithien
May 20th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Choosing a starter in this generation was harder for me then it ever has been. I really like snivy and his evolution chain. I loved that emboar was fire/fighting and samaurott just looks so cool. I ended up with emboar and since I have yet to use the other two and havent been let down by mine yet emboar takes my vote.

Mr Cat Dog
May 20th, 2012, 08:43 AM
God, this is like the opposite of Sophie's Choice. Put them all in the gas chamber, for all I care...

If I had to choose one, it'd probably be Serperior. I used Samurott when playing through Black and ended up kinda hating it for its 'meh' movepool, stats and design. It was just mediocrity incarnate. Emboar, on the other hand, is a critter than I should like but really, really, don't. I mean... just look at it! It's so ugly and slow, and Fire/Fighting types have been done to death. So, that leaves Serperior. It looks sort of OK, and it's really fast, but it is a Grass-type, so that's kind of a Debbie Downer...

Tarje
May 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I agree emboar can learn close combat flare blitz shockwave and so many other moves I chose tepig too and will continue too snivy maybe in bw2 but more than likely emboar and if its a b name sparticus andand if its a girl name it tippy lol

dnomyar27
May 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Hi everyone, in white i choose Tepig because i thought it was the best of 'em. I like it, but one of my friends trade me a snivy egg and another friend gave me an oshawoott so I have train them all an i like em. Now in B2 W2 i wanna make a different team to see what happen

Yui Hirаsаwа
May 20th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Samurott by far! He has swords and a beard, what more do you want? It also has access to Swords Dance and Megahorn, Waterfall ect.

Hoenn
May 20th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Embour for me, it was the first of the three I used and I love it's design.

Atomic Pirate
May 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I'd say Serperior, it's the most tolerable one. I seriously don't like any of the starters in this generation.

Oryx
May 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Surprised Emboar is winning but that's what I voted as well. It was my bro in my only playthrough of White, a beast in-game, and looks like a tank. :3

-ty-
May 20th, 2012, 10:49 AM
This is a VERY tough one. Initially, I was drawn to Serperior, then I was drawn to Samurott. They are both pretty even!

I decided to vote for Serperior, since I like the previous evolutions much better than that of Samurott's. Plus, I am a sucker for grass-types.

Peeta
May 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I vote for Samurott... Emboar is just a slow, powerful fire/fighting... and Serperior... I don't even want to go into how bad it is ;;

Patchisou Yutohru
May 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I've used each of them, and Serperior is by far the best for me! Emboar sucks, Samurott's a close second place.

Hikamaru
May 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Samurott - Because I love Water Starters and he's what I chose in Black (I eventually traded a Serperior and Emboar over but Samurott is my original Unova starter). He can use Surf, which makes the difference.

Sydian
May 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I think they're all awful and I didn't have an overly amazing experience using any of them. I will go with Emboar though because I like Fire types, despite picking Oshawott my first time through White. Samurott is bland to me and Serperior is alright, but nothing mind blowing. Yeeeah I really dislike this batch of starters.

Blade_of_darkness
May 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I chose Serperior for this generation, but even that's not saying much. The starter Pokémon in this set have pretty wonky stats at best. Serperior has got the speed, which is rare for a grass-type, which is the main reason I chose that over the other two, but still, I find it strange that its defensive stats are higher than its offensive stats; usually it's the other way around. The other two are pretty great at one thing, but they both have no speed, plus Emboar has no defensive stats to back up that high amount of HP that it has.

There's my mouthful.

Forever
May 20th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Although I know Serperior will win, COME ON EMBOAR, YOU HAVE THE POWER.

Emboar is best looking and the best, y'all who like the others are just limiting yourselves from true greatness in-game!! :(

manutdrule
May 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
never fancy grass types since they generally are poor in offense (unless they have another typing like torterra)

emboar is yet another fire/fighting starter, sick of that

so samurott it is

Alpha King
May 20th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Serperior was the only one to really impress me this generation. And what an awesome design

PlatinumDude
May 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Samurott looks plain awesome, so I went with it. Its movepool and stats aren't that bad either compared to the other 2 starters.

lovebear
May 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Even if I've never owned a Serperior I still voted for it just because of it's looks :P
Now imagine if Serperior had a grass/dragon dual typing!

manutdrule
May 21st, 2012, 01:02 AM
^
if only trollfreak agrees...

Lost Lore
May 21st, 2012, 01:36 AM
Shouldn't be any surprise that I'm going with Samurott. Although I do like all three starters this gen, Oshawott's line was the one I liked the most and naturally my first choice of starter~

vaporeon7
May 21st, 2012, 01:38 AM
Samurott gets my vote seeing as how I don't really like Emboar and because it was my starter in White. Not to mention that it carries swords!

curiousnathan
May 21st, 2012, 02:15 AM
Much like Syd, I didn't really like these starters, I don't really think they have the flare of the other generations'. Their desins are mediocre at best and I althought I've only used Emboar, I think I'll be ditching my starter in BW2. But if I had to choose a favourite, I'd choose Samurott since it looked so badass in the animated BW2 trailer.

Jellicent♀
May 21st, 2012, 06:20 AM
Emboar. it's the only one I actually like, and I like it a lot. <3
Dat Heat Crash is so boss, and it's movepool is so fun to play with. And it's the only non-water type that's ALSO A FIRE TYPE to be able to learn Scald. BOSS.

Zephele
May 21st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Emboar was the only one I actually liked using in-game, so I choose that. Serperior was just meh overall, and I couldn't even bear to keep Dewott in my team until it evolved. It also has my favourite design of the three, which isn't really saying much, since I'm not a massive fan of any of them.

Charicific
May 21st, 2012, 07:14 AM
I'll say design wise, it's Serperior, I was amazed by the beauty of it's evolution chain, they all look so "Graceful". It's the FIRST grass type in the entire Pokemon history that grabs my attention...it's the first grass starter I choose as well. I was kinda disappointed by Emboar's design and lack of speed, but even though, his stats are still powerful and helpful. But I'm Serperior all the way, just amazing...

miltankRancher
May 21st, 2012, 07:14 AM
Choosing Samurott, because:

it has the coolest design
it is a swordsman
it is an otter
THE COOLEST STARTER AFTER INFERNAPE

Forever
May 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Even if I've never owned a Serperior I still voted for it just because of it's looks :P
Now imagine if Serperior had a grass/dragon dual typing!

While that would make logical sense, I think I'd dislike it more. XD; It would be one ugly dragon imo, fits better as a snake. Plus Emboar couldn't beat it as easily then. :(

Kenshin5
May 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
I choose option D none of the above =p

This and Gen II are pretty close on the least favorite starters but I do like Gatr and Ty is already. Or I could go with option E anyone but Seperior since it is worst starter ever for me or close to it with Meganium. Emboar typing wah!!! Samurott lack of other type wah? For me switch the fighting and I would have loved Samurott. Fine with either of them winning, as long as its not Serperior. Wish instead of casting a vote for I could do it against.

Kaori
May 22nd, 2012, 02:10 AM
Needs more Samurott! I really don't see what's so bad about these starters. Then again I'm a sucker for all Pokémon pretty much Really though! They're pretty amazinggg. But Samurott is definitely the better choice, so gogogo! ;)

Plusleminun
May 22nd, 2012, 02:40 AM
I vote for Serperior, because Snivy was the one I picked in the beginning of the game, and I like the look of it more then the other two starters.

Hikamaru
May 22nd, 2012, 02:45 AM
I'm so happy Samurott's leading, he's my fave of the bunch and he was my starter in Black.

Perserkatten
May 22nd, 2012, 02:58 AM
I vote for Samurott! Oshawott is my favorite pokémon in all generations!

Charvisioku
May 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
In all honesty, I don't like any of them... not because they're new or anything like that. Just really not a fan of most of the Gen 5 pokemon; they strike me as bottom of the barrel ideas to be brutally honest. I guess Serperior's the one I'd choose if I had to, because it's reasonably cool-looking and was okay to battle with when I played through Black.

Itcheeee
May 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Samurott, I do like Emboar, but Samurott (and the whole Oshawott line, actually) are my 3rd favorite starter line.

crimsonskarmory
May 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
My black version I had a pretty hard time choosing. But I Chose Tepig and it has became one of my favorite pokemon. So I have to go with Emboar all the way.

darkrai1018
May 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
To be honest, i dont prefer any new starter. emboar is cool but im usually a water starter.

deoxys121
May 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
This was a tough choice, but I had to go with Samurott. It's a decent sweeper with a decent movepool, and has access to Swords Dance, which helps make up for its below-average attack stat. It may have low speed, but after a Swords Dance, it more than makes up for it in attack power. Also, Oshawott is going to be the starter I choose for White 2. So, Samurott it is!

Sector
May 25th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Choosing the final evolutions or the family overall? Well either way I'm sticking with Serperior. It's got the best looking design of the three. ALl three evolutions are at least decent. Emboar's family look disgusting. And Samurott is cool, The Oshawott/Dewott family are the worst looking Pokemon I've ever seen. Personally I don't see how they could evolve into a cool Pokemon such as Samurott in the first place. Oh well.

Pokechu12
May 26th, 2012, 02:03 AM
I'll go with Serperior, why? Because I have a soft spot for Grass Starters plus I chose one in Black.I turned it into a monster with TM and Training now she might be traded to Black 2 when I get it.So Serperior it is.

Hikamaru
May 26th, 2012, 02:28 AM
It's a close tie between Serperior and Samurott.

Come on Samurott! Do it for my cute Oshawott!

I'll be annoyed if Serperior wins cos it has the worst movepool of the three.

And as expected I knew Emboar would fall behind for being "ugly".

MissDakota
May 26th, 2012, 02:41 AM
I chose Samurott because I have a huge weak spot for Water-types, and I really think it has a great Learnset.

Mentalii
May 26th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Samurott... I don't like these three starters. I think they're the worst of all generations... But there's one that's a little better than the others : the water-type. Anyway I always prefer the water-type.
Emboar's design is just awful, and there's something that disturbs me with Serperior... Maybe because I wouldn't have imagined a starter to be a grass-type snake... Well, Samurott is less worse.

psyanic
May 26th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I never liked these starters, but I voted for Samurott because I actually used it in a playthrough. Oh, and it has a sick-nasty sword.

Cassino
May 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Serperior, which is, at least relative to other starters (of all generations), fast and defensive which is a rare configuration for anything in any video game. I guess it's a physical Sceptile plus access to Coil, but I'm not very familiar with starters since I don't use them; and Serperior is, despite its novel stat distribution, not built to how I would play a Grass-type though I would consider it for a Grass monotype challenge.

My expressed views don't seem very positive... it's not this generation, I'm just not enthusiastic about starters in general.

hinkage
May 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Samurott all day. After Gen I, he Water starter always has the most originality: They've used Grass/Poison and Fire/Fighting nearly every time, whereas we've had Water, Water/Ground, and Water/Steel.

(By the way, for Gen V I was really hoping for Grass/Psychic, Water/Fighting, Fire/Dark. Would've made a lot more sense IMO.)

ikushima
May 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
the starters of this generation leaves much to be desired. although, i'd choose emboar over the other two because of his high attack stat and his potential to be a powerful offensive sweeper. i have a thing for those kinds of pokemon because usually i'd battle with an all offense team and perhaps with an occasional wall pokemon or something. the downside is that emboar is ridiculously slow and that's what'll render him hopeless if an opponent outruns him in a battle. in a sense, he's an utter disappointment to his legendary fire/fighting predecessors, infernape and blaziken - both of whom contributed a huge chunk of power to my gen 3 & 4 teams.

serperior was just completely useless in all aspects of battle (though i have to give it credit for having a high speed stat) and i had to dump it in the pc a little before i got to the victory road because it was holding my team down. as i've said, i often build an offensive team and serperior is by no means offensive at all. i haven't tried samurott yet but it's unlikely i'd ever even try to try him because i rarely veer out of my fire starter choice. snivy was just an exception because his design was intriguingly better than the two - but that's all there is to snivy and his evolution line anyway.

SnowpointQuincy
May 26th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Emboar has the best look, but his fighting type is a betrayal of all players.

Samurot is my next choice. I only wish it was more clear that Samurot could stand up and draw a bone sword from his arm. If his sprite reflected this, I would be happier with his design.

Ephemeral Euphoria
May 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Used all 3 on White post game and I'm comfortable with saying that Emboar's easily my personal favorite due to how hard it hits right off the bat compared to the other 2 and has decent coverage to boot as well. That and it's DW ability is amazing with Flare Blitz and a Choice Band equipped lol. And I love its design too, especially its shiny form. Granted its speed is much to be desired but at the very least it can learn Flame Charge to help patch up that drawback to an extent.

xSkullKing16x
May 26th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I think that Serperior is my favorite. I chose Snivy first because the others didn't look very appealing. Plus I haven't choose grass very many times. I think that Serperior has the best design, and has pretty good base stats. It was okay in battle, with that nice speed. Once I trained it good, it was amazing. So, Serperior is superior!

Beth Sycamore
May 26th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I vote for Tepig/Pignite/Emboar,and these are my reasons why.

pigs are cute,and I like them

Emboar's color design reminds me strongly of Ganon,which is Ganondorf's demon form.and of the gerudo colors and patterns.

Emboar can hurt you by fire,and by K.O. hits

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
May 26th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I went with Serperior as snakes are one of my favourite animals and I love all its forms :)

Samurott is second cause I love otters but I only like its final form :)

ixin
May 26th, 2012, 06:13 PM
I really liked Snivy as the starter, and my personal favorite 3rd stage starter this generation is serperior. The name really matches the whole "attitude" of this poke.

Forever
May 27th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Looks like Samurott won. o__O How unexpected and sad! Unstickying, keep posting if you wanna :)

Hikamaru
May 27th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Well done Samurott! My cute Oshawott is now doing his victory dance.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1k8c1Ejui1qd87hlo1_500.gif

redxguitar
June 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Serperior for elegance
Samurott for coolness
Emboar for power

Absol
June 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
With each generation the starters keep getting weirder. I would have to say Serperior as my favorite of these though. That makes the first grass starter I have liked over the others. :)

Haneen
June 8th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Samurott all the way <3 It has this fantastic move set that's very diverse, it can learn grass knot which was more handy than I ever thought it'd be and was a surprise to many of my opponents, besides it has a very cool design and I felt connected to it somehow "how nerdy".. it's easily one of my favorite pokes I must say!

Forever
June 13th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Samurott all the way <3 It has this fantastic move set that's very diverse, it can learn grass knot which was more handy than I ever thought it'd be and was a surprise to many of my opponents, besides it has a very cool design and I felt connected to it somehow "how nerdy".. it's easily one of my favorite pokes I must say!

Nah that's not nerdy! I'm sure a lot of people have felt connected to their favourite starters. Emboar's certainly my favourite because I feel most comfortable with it, due to having the most experience with it - which could also count as being most connected to it n_n

Hikamaru
June 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Nah that's not nerdy! I'm sure a lot of people have felt connected to their favourite starters. Emboar's certainly my favourite because I feel most comfortable with it, due to having the most experience with it - which could also count as being most connected to it n_n

I agree with you Nica, I feel most connected to Samurott given that I love Oshawott not to mention I work best with Water Starters.

Altairis
June 14th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Out of the three, I've used a Serperior and a Samurott, and Serperior (despite the water type having a better movepool) was a lot more fun to raise and more powerful etc. I also like his design more.

kyle_649
June 15th, 2012, 03:31 AM
i cant choose between the three, i got both games just to get all the starters in one file. serperior has great defence and speed but when ev trained in attack its really good. emboar has incredible health and strengh and could really pack a punch when needed. samurott is just overalled between all his stats.
if i had to choose just 1, it has to be serperior because the third gym makes you level up and from thier your over leveled

Serperior#1
June 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I always choose the grass starter because they have the greatest potential except Meganium didnt rlly like it. my serperior is excellent and ALL of his stats are close to 300!!!!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android