• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paranoia!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm paranoid about silly things often enough, but on the whole, I'm really carefree and I don't understand a lot of people who are paranoid. Like every time I'd take the trash out when it was slightly dark outside and ^ Nick would go "YOU ARE GOING TO GET STABBED NOOOOO". :(

My mom has instilled a lot of paranoia about getting my stuff stolen or getting kidnapped when I'm walking alone at night but I usually just ignore said paranoia and have mostly gotten over it. XD;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I'm paranoid about silly things often enough, but on the whole, I'm really carefree and I don't understand a lot of people who are paranoid. Like every time I'd take the trash out when it was slightly dark outside and ^ Nick would go "YOU ARE GOING TO GET STABBED NOOOOO". :(

My mom has instilled a lot of paranoia about getting my stuff stolen or getting kidnapped when I'm walking alone at night but I usually just ignore said paranoia and have mostly gotten over it. XD;
Well, there's paranoia and then there's being safe. If I was female and walking around at night for a substantial amount of time I'd have pepperspray and reflective tape on me.

I have two major unsubstantiated and ridiculous fears: birds and butterflies. Aside from that, I think I'm okay.

Years
I'm not clinically paranoid, but I do spend a lot of my time around other people thinking "Oh my god their totally thinking about me. I bet they've noticed (insert flaw I've made up earlier that day) and are thinking what an idiot I am." It's even worse when I'm walking past people who I can tell aren't exactly the nicest of people and they suddenly start laughing.
I think that's as bad as it gets though, I'm not the sort of person who worries about getting mugged all the time or that someone's going to kill me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years

Well, there's paranoia and then there's being safe. If I was female and walking around at night for a substantial amount of time I'd have pepperspray and reflective tape on me.
Well, yeah, but she gets antsy if she hears I was walking on my own through the well-lit campus at 7:30 in winter when it's dark out and there are plenty of people around. :( That's pretty unfounded. Or any time I'd have an exam that ended around 9:30 pm, no matter what time of year, she always tells me to take a taxi home instead of the bus haha.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
No. I can't say that I am. o.o Until I see a bug........like a bug water bug or roach near me in a house. After that I am paranoid for the rest of the night, looking for bugs everywhere I step and feeling them on my skin even if they're not xD. Other than that, no.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Im really paranoid about a lot of things. Its hard for me to relax. Im constantly afraid of people talking about me in a negative way behind my back and I constantly worry about this online.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm kind of paranoid. Sometimes, I'm paranoid when I talk to someone, I might slip up in the middle of a conversation and drive them off.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm paranoid about every single bad thing happening, as well as every good thing turning bad - deaths etc anything. Yet I still remain positive mostly, idek how. :(

Ayselipera

I can be, but I don't think it's anything over the top. I know I was way more paranoid when I was younger compared to now. I tend to get paranoid about other people, especially ones close to me. I know before when it happened I would just say how I felt to them, but now I'm more likely to say nothing and just try and forget about it. I feel like it only ruins relationships with other people more than helping by getting out how you feel.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Years of hanging around with mainly girls in school mean that I'm still slightly paranoid that people are always talking about me behind my back. I was the only straight male in this friendship group (girls and gays, mostly!) and whenever one of them would leave the room, the others would start gossiping about her weight or hair or something like that. They said they never did it to me but of course they're going to say that! Duh-doi!

So... yeah. I've been getting less paranoid as I've made new - less catty - friends over the years, but the thought does still linger from time to time.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm not paranoid myself, at all. I do come from a family full of people who always assume that people are talking about them or plotting things against them though. My thought is always "you people are not interesting enough to give a second thought, just shut up and watch TV."

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I can be, especially when it comes to my parents and my personal property. I get real nervous whenever they're in my room for whatever reason, as I do have certain things I'd like to keep hidden from them (like cosplay outfits, for instance). Outside of that, I'm really not any more paranoid than simply observing my surroundings. Especially at night.

I can also be paranoid regarding people who have a grudge against me and what they're plotting or saying about me.

Guy

just a guy
Years

Not me, I'd make sure and have a taser around! Veronica Mars taught me that.

When I was little, I used to be paranoid about going out in the dark or walking the streets alone in fear that someone might kidnap me. You have no idea how much of a fear I had about being kidnapped when I was little too. It was serious stuff.

Now though, not so much. I can't say I'm one to be paranoid about anything. I just let life come at me and I deal with it along the way. I'm a highly optimistic kind of person today. Always thinking about the positives!

Back