PDA

View Full Version : [Discussion] Global Trade Station

Gonzo
May 23rd, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hiya, I was wondering if you use GTS. I am really curious, so please join the discussion or just answer a few simple questions ^____^

If yes, are you using negotiations or regular find and get? Or you only offer your Pokemon to get what you need?

Do you find GTS useful? Explain why yes or why not. What do you do with Pokemon obtained via GTS?

What are your GTS trophies? Any perfect or shiny Pokemon?

What do you do with Pokemon obtained? Are they just dex fillers or they end up as your team's powerhouses?

Lilith
May 23rd, 2012, 03:45 PM
I used negotiations once. This Japanese player showed me a lotta cool legendaries, such as Ho-oh and Giratina. I offered a random shiny Metagross. The trader suddenly changed his offer to a Zorua... -_- I accepted it, but whatever. I haven't done negotiations again.

In DPPt early days, GTS was pretty useful. I managed to get a Garchomp (hacked lol) but I did breed it. I just get stuff to breed really. I can't remember getting any perfect or shiny Pokemon from the GTS. Just simple things... Like an Aipom... haha, I'm impressed with myself that I remember exact species. :P

Jak
May 23rd, 2012, 04:03 PM
One time I got on GTS negotiations for kicks, and someone started offering Leafeon and Glaceon and I was on a new file and didn't want to insult them with a Lillipup, so I just left. I only use GTS to send Pokemon to Pokecheck and clone them. I don't use it to actually get Pokemon from. Ick.

JaySawn
May 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah I use the GTS/Negotiations here and there...

This one time I used the negotiation , I traded a shiny pichu/skitty for a LV.100 Illumise and a milotic...( Illumise was hacked so I had to release it =/ ) Worst trades ever lol ; and no I didn't get what I was browsing for =(

GTS can be useful if you're looking for pokemon that you can trade for ; other than that good luck on getting Zekrom/Reshiram LV.9 and under XD

Best I got from the GTS was a UT Hatched Spiritomb , UT Hatched Oshawott , and a Japanese Ditto ( on the 1st attempt of searching for one ) ; all of em are legit :D

I use the Japanese ditto for breeding purposes ( of course... ) and the other 2 for collecting / desire I guess :P

firefox1000
May 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM
I used GTS/Negotiations once.(If pokecheck cloning and checking doesn't count) I traded my lv 100 Gardevoir for a Shiny Japenese Shaymin. Its pretty hard to find a good trade in GTS because of Impossible trades lv 1 Groudon. GTs is pretty useless mostly.

Gonzo
May 31st, 2012, 12:45 AM
So, I created the thread so I should answer myself finally! lol

I like using GTS, tho I never use negotiations, usually I couldn't find a thing there and wasted my time, so I abandoned it. I never search for Pokemon because of all those dummies who want sooper-oober legends with lvl below 9. That's ridiculous.

I only put my Pokemon as reasonable offers (eg. my random version exclusive for another random version exclusive, my random bred starter for another random starter and so on).

I got a shiny Glameow once, it was legit so that's cool. I also got a legit 27/4/31/30/31/31 Naughty Japanese Charmeleon.

I never use traded pokemon in my teams so all my GTS mons are just dex fillers or are used for breeding.

Thaat's pretty much everything ^______^

Nova
May 31st, 2012, 09:56 AM
i used it before i knew these forums, but now im never using it anymore...

all cuz of those lv1 Hydreigons, Victini's and more...

jerichob10
June 15th, 2012, 07:13 PM
People really try and rip me off in negotiations >.> so i just do normal trades now

Xebelleon
June 16th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Use it for deposit few times a week, depends if my brain feels like it. Most of time I offer nicknamed Lv.1 females of Dream World ability, nickname being related in a way to DW or the Pokemon (Bag Lady the Bagon, HippyPhish the Corphish example). Also offer at times trade evos for the in game stuff considering I've seen Everstones on some of the middlemen.

More times than I like its a Japanese texted Pokemon. As such, I breed the bajeebus out of it out of hack paranoia (Eevee, Pichu for example)

Jordan, from Alberta Canada. Usually Pokemon Ranger or Breeder (Black OR White GTS deposit)

Bolin
June 18th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I've been using the GTS to get the Pokemon that I want, but I always offer something that is reasonable.

Using the GTS to search however, is stupid in my opinion. They are always asking for a lvl 9 Zekrom, making those trades impossible.

greg0915
June 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM
I used to use the GTS a lot before I came here, then I started to use the Quick Trade Thread instead. But now I can RNG and with the introduction of Pokecheck there really is no need for it...

ColdBytes
July 4th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I Use both mostly negotiations so I can Get some shinys :3 Or I find a trading forum :)

Roza
July 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I use the GTS all the time when I'm bored. I like making chain trades (seeing a Pokemon I want that has a reasonable request on it, then finding that requested Pokemon and trading for that, then trading for the first one with the second one).

I just like filling the Unity Tower or whatever it's called. The one with the different floors? I trade with as many different people as I can!

Asuf
July 5th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I often visit the GTS when I'm curious to see whats on offer, I did happen to strike a shiny Graveler once, so I guess I was lucky.

Makenshi_au
July 13th, 2012, 09:30 PM
how come on the gts nearly every one asks for impossible trades like lvl 1 legends im only new to trading online

Dalek_Kabu
July 13th, 2012, 09:38 PM
today on negotiations i traded a lvl 1 male zoroa with bashful nature for a fully ev trained lvl 100 male dw ability kabutops so it's hit or miss

igotpokeballz
July 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM
nah, not really :( im still offering a castform...

Riegel25
July 15th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I use it sometimes; I usually trade legendaries from my game for other legendaries by Negotiations to fill up my Dex.

이큐리
July 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I put random shinies up on GTS for bidoofs/patrats/purrloins for fun. Can't even get a Riolu without people asking for Mews in return. =/

Mikoliah
July 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
looks like I've been missing on here a while
Welcome, Mikoliah (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=77143).

LOL

Well I got both my kids and my wife into pokemon now. I managed to get all the starters for my wife, my daughter, and my self after my wife did soft resets until she received a female starter.

After a bit of breeding I got other starter females of the GTS. As for other things, I was able to get the "black exclusive" on my copy of white.

Usually the Japanese are more realistic for trades. (but they often have the >9 legendarys as well)

I doubt I will be able to get everything like I had in Pokemon Pearl without the help of my fellow traders on here.

However, I did lose my copy of Pearl and will have to start all over again with a new copy of Diamond. :/

Well that is half the fun right? This time I have a Heart Gold to help me get a full roster once more.

PokePlayer101
July 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I got a shiny Snivy for a japanesese oshawott i traded for and I used it on my team so yeah

mapsal313
July 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I had used GTS with my Pearl a couple of years ago. I traded some cloned lv100 Deoxys from my friend's Emerald to get a Garchomp, Milotic and Tyranitar, ll lv100, for collection purposes.
A couple of weeks ago, haven't yet figured out how to catch a Ducklett in Balck, I deposited a lv14 Audino in the GTS, and I got a lv25 female Ducklett named ~Aura. Needless to say that it's now a lv53 Swanna, and one of my best pokemon.
I also did a sort of cloning, I traded my Reshiram from my original Black to a Black ROM in my R4 ( for those not knoing what an R4 is, it's a cartridge-like device that has a Micro SD card and you can fill it with ROMs and play them in your DS), then I copied the ROM and its save file into my PC, then I traded Reshiram back to my Black and finally, copying the 2nd Black ROM with the Reshiram to the R4, and traded to Balck, so now I had two Reshirams, depositing one of them, asking for a Zecrom lv 50 & up (since Reshiram was lv53).
When I searched for a Zecrom, each one of them asked for a lv9 & under Reshiram/Zecrom. I don't get why people do this.

Anyway, I eventually got a lv77 Zecrom for my Reshiram. What I want now is a Rufflet, since I really love Braviarys, but I don't have it on dex, so I can't ask for it.=(

In other words, GTS=good.

Katie the Friendly Ghost
July 30th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I saw a shiny Watchog and it required like a Serperior (I picked Tepig). All the Serperiors required like a lv. 9 and under Zekrom. I was pretty pissed.

But I did trade for an Accelgor, which was awesome, since I wasn't able to trade with myself or a friend at that point.

Overall GTS sucks though. I heard your Pokemon may disappear after awhile, so that scared me.

mapsal313
July 30th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I saw a shiny Watchog and it required like a Serperior (I picked Tepig). All the Serperiors required like a lv. 9 and under Zekrom. I was pretty pissed.

But I did trade for an Accelgor, which was awesome, since I wasn't able to trade with myself or a friend at that point.

Overall GTS sucks though. I heard your Pokemon may disappear after awhile, so that scared me.

Well that scares me too, but they will only dissapear if you leave them for months without checking them. But just leaving them for a week and then check back it's fine.

WolfricX
July 31st, 2012, 04:18 AM
I think GTSN is great, I use it almost every day! I have managed to get some awesome pokemon out of it such as a lv33 Excadrill for a lv59 Crawdunt with some ace stats and moves.

MamaSeeking
August 1st, 2012, 09:37 AM
Yes I use gts. I'm currently offering Pokemon with the required evolutionary items so as to get Steelix an others of that nature. Lol Harder than I origanally thought.

BlueFireXXi
August 15th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I have bad connection,so i can't use GTS...i was gonna trade a shiny peliper for a shiny feebas...

SSfan
August 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I've started to go on the GTS a lot less lately. Like seriously, I can't look without someone asking for a Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem Level 9 or under. Why won't nintendo stop this? Is it really that hard? I LOVE going on GTS negotiations though. :D I'll be up at like 12AM EST and everyone in either Japan or Italy will pop up. It's so awesome^^! I got a Shiny Walrein from there.

何贤豪
August 27th, 2012, 10:49 PM
The GTS is great and all, but I don't like the fact that people like to ask for exceedingly impossible offers. But I scored some great offers by offering my own Pokemon...especially if I talk of foreign Pokemon. Because I can get shiny Pokemon from them easily! For GTS Negotiations, I don't seem to get much...only scored one trade, and I ended up getting a Nidoking, which I gave to a friend anyway. Kinda because I only used it once anyway.

Lorenzo The Comic
August 28th, 2012, 05:31 PM
About GTS Negotiations (if that's what the second option is called?). I use it all the time, but no one ever gave me any of the Kami-Trio Pokémon.

I don't know how the GTS of the first option works. So I deposit my Cobalion, search for some Pokémon, but when I try to trade all of my Pokémon aren't selectable. This is my very first year ever using the GTS by the way.

Medlis
September 9th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I love using the Global Trade Station, its not bad if your only offering a Pokemon instead of actively seeking one out via the search menu.

The only thing I don't like is that you don't actually know the original place of origin for that Pokemon, so you don't know if that lvl 100 foreign Zekrom you've just got is hacked or not, even if its stats look right.

GardevoirxGalladeForever
September 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I loved to use the GTS, especially Netgotions. I like to show the person a bunch of rare or shiny pokemon then I log off xD I'm so cruel Teehee. But sometimes I do trade if they don't log off.

FrostPheonix
September 13th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Negotiations are cool, but embaress me because all my good pokes are on platinum and I don't have another ds to transfer. So when they offer shiny raikous from events and all that, all i can do is just shake and offer a zorua. Which sucks.

GTS is awesome, as I got most of the things I usually want (still looking for an american ditto, but ill get it eventually) but the thing that pisses me off is that people keep asking for victini or lvl 9 or lower zekrom/reshiram/kyurem etc etc. Blegh.

roosterman
September 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
sometimes i get to many of a rare pokemon from eggs and put them on the gts for bidoof and magikarp and when i really need more space i put up some weak legendarys.
when i can't find any good deals on the gts becuase of all the people that expect a level 100 palkia for there bidoof or a level 1 gyrados i start hacking pokemon and trade them holding a note telling that that the pokemon they just recieved is fake and only learns splash

shinylatias
September 14th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I like gts really much, i have almost all my shinies from the gts, such as:
shiny deoxys, shiny darkrai, shiny shaymin, shiny charizard, shiny kricketot and i think i have 30 more from gts. My best gts pokemon is an ev'd shiny raichu with volt tackle.

IceFyr1928
September 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Well, it's useful, but not useful... GTS is useless at the point that I'm at (just got 2nd badge) and I have nothing to offer for negotiations (that's worth anything...) other than that, it's quite useful. Got zeckrom, zoroark, and a genesect from it in my old file (save file got corrupted, most likely from my AR)

EDIT: chain trades in GTSN are super effective! Traded Snivy for Alartia for Groudon for Heidreigon for egg for egg for Beldum w/ eptic stats and Light Metal.

Chrisaur
September 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I enjoy using both the GTS and GTS Negotiations.
The GTS I just use to deposit Pokemon , like my 500 Charmanders ( I am still trying to breed a shiny) ,because searching for Pokemon is just insane. They are all request low level Legendaries. Its just full of below level 9 Reshirams and Zekroms.
Negotiations I find more helpful , because you get to negotiate what you want. And it's fun

TechnoEK
September 21st, 2012, 07:38 AM
It's completely useless for me, I've only seen two or three legit offers, mostly it's just people asking for Legends or Lv 100 Pokemon for Lv 1.

I tried to search for Bidoof and the offer was Bidoof Lv 12 for a Lv 100 Entei.

That Bidoof better be able to do blackflips and OHKO every Pokemon in the game.

Lorenzo The Comic
September 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
If you check out my Global Link account, you'll see that I like to offer lots of legends to make people happy. That's pretty much the only way I can excel at Negotiations, giving away Shiny Legends for anything. One time I managed to give this one person all the Shiny Golems.

TechnoEK
September 21st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Well I guess there are some beneficial trades.

Got Charmander for Ledyba
Bidoof for Magikarp
Noctowl for my Pichu.

Lecapria
October 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
I was just in the GTS. all the pokemon in there are wanted for either Reshiram or Zekrom at level 9 or lower =-= They need a way of filtering those out, or adding a search for what pokemon ppl are looking for

trapincher
October 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
I was just in the GTS. all the pokemon in there are wanted for either Reshiram or Zekrom at level 9 or lower =-= They need a way of filtering those out, or adding a search for what pokemon ppl are looking for

Yeah, it's really weird. Do they really expect to get those Pokemon or are they cloning.. I remember there was this cheat where you could clone via GTS on older games.

benwilll
October 11th, 2012, 06:59 PM
i dont mind trading sucky pokemon for other sucky pokemon! it sometimes helps in a certain area. especially restarting the whole journey

Pink Mommy
October 25th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I do use the GTS. I use it to get the pokemon I really want but can't catch. I recently traded one of my Torchics for a Cheruby and just today I received a Piplup for my Ditto.
Only one problem... it's hacked... well, it was a bad natured Ditto anyways.

FrozenPhoenix96
October 25th, 2012, 02:53 AM

Yeah, I hate that people that are doing that.
Its really annoying, because the other normal offers are kicked out because there are 90% offers that are requesting Reshiram or Zekrom Level 9 or lower... -.-"
It's really annoying.

Mudinjakarp
October 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I dislike GTS because you can't get pokemon not in your pokedex- otherwise, I think its a good system

MrTripStack
October 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I couldn't agree more! I was recently searching for another Japanese Ditto (since my cousin needs one as well) and everybody was offering their Japanese Ditto for Reshiram and Zekrom (at "level 9 or lower"). It's sooo annoying. ._.

MegaQuack8
November 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM
Ive been using GTS negotiations for a long time now cause i find it awesome i once got a shiny mewtwo
(WOWSERS)
and a shiny Altaria ....I LOVE ALTARIAS .... dont judge me >:(
anyway here are some tricks for GTSN
1 use those icons in the corner
2 use the smiley face once u start (1st impressions)
3 if they show a boring pokemon or one u have, show a sad face
4 if they show a legendary or shiney show an !
5 if they have the pokemon u came for show a heart
6 if they have a nice pokemon u want show a smiley face
7 be sure that u have good pokemon too
8 U need to fight with them (kind of) if they show a good pokemon u show one even better
9 dont overdo it and become a showoff
10 if they have stupid pokemon and are just noobs then its acceptable that u ditch the negotiations

AzaleaLightning
November 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM
GTS does have some good moments, I got a female Timid Zorua last night. Some other ones (mostly for Dex filling) were Scolipede, Walrein, and a pretty high level Vanillish.

The requests for lv. 9 and under Zekrom and Reshiram are complete jokes though. Honestly I would love to find a way to get a legit Zekrom/Reshiram in that level range just to mess with the punks showing off their impossible to trade Pokemon.

Absol
November 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
I've tried using the GTS one or two times, but because of error issues I couldn't do anything. This may be due to the Magnemite Coil overloading the servers though. What annoys me the most however is how most of the offers are for Lv. 1 Zekroms since it is impossible to trade for those. I have gotten a few random goodies from the GTS including a Giratina that passed Pokecheck's legality check. :D

Zeyon
December 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I only ever used the GTS once.. and didn't get anything that I wanted. I even put in a Level 35 Shiny Charmeleon, and all I wanted was a level 10 and up Turtwip. Nothing. That was also when I first started playing, so I didn't know that, ultimately.. I was screwing myself, if that trade even went through.

I would like to get involved in Negotiation trading over GTS, but I need a little more experience with these games before I do something like that.. namely, learning more of the Pokemon, which are best for what, having planned out EV teams with movesets, etc etc..

For the most part, I'll only be getting involved in trades with people from this Community, because I've gathered from the few that I've spoken directly to, and those that have added their own marks to posts I've made.. this community is an honest bunch.. so I know I won't be getting screwed.

Anyway.. that's my two cents: Didn't like my first experiences, but open to trying again once I learn more, and know what to look for.

WobbuffetWynaut
December 11th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I use both GTS's mostly the regular one because i dont know what people want in negotiations!
Yes,because fills up my dex i could get shinies i even haz a mesprit now!
No i just get whatever I want no shinies or perfrect pokemon except for level 100 purugly.
Dex fillers except for my purugly i use it in my team!

Rayquaza the Godfather
December 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM
My most precious Pokémon I got from GTS was Shiny Darkrai lv 100.
Traded it for a Magikarp, lol.

mechro147
December 30th, 2012, 11:51 PM
i only had one good trade on negotiations. i traded my level 25 N's zorua for some kid in japans lvl 45 Virizion. peoples expectaions on trading is too high and demands legendaries just for a lvl 1 starter pokemon.

vapes
January 3rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
I actually got two good trades. One was a gible for a female dewott and the other was a hippowdon for a larvitar. I then traded the hippowdon to the girl in Accumula town for that timid Alakazam...so all in all not bad.
I remember in HG I got a shiny totodile and all I had to trade was a spinarak lol

Absol
June 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I don't ever use the actual GTS mainly cause it's full of everyone asking for impossible Pokemon, especially Lv. 5 and under Zekroms and Reshirams. Every once in awhile there is a reasonable offer though, you just have to be patient and check all the time lol Maybe sometime in the future this will be fixed so then there would be more reasonable offers.

tabor62
June 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
The GTS seems to be almost completely useless in my opinion. Though unlikely, I'd like to see Nintendo place a stricter filter system on it. I've received a lot of hacked Gen III event Pokemon off of it in the past >.<

Gonzo
June 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I friggin' sincerely hate all those offers like: lvl up to 10 Reshiram. Seriously? People, be reasonable.

Absol
June 7th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I friggin' sincerely hate all those offers like: lvl up to 10 Reshiram. Seriously? People, be reasonable.
My thought behind this is that the people are using the GTS glitch to clone since most of the offers I see are shinies. But if that's so, then why don't they remove the Pokemon after they're done... do they leave them there to taunt others? D:

Gonzo
June 8th, 2013, 01:00 AM
Well, the glitch has been fixed in Platinum, lol. So in 5th Gen it's impossible to clone that way.

Cordelia
June 8th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Er, not one to encourage hacking, but that's when you hack a level 9 Reshiram and get their goodies. Unfortunately, the GTS doesn't let you do this, probably.

Absol
June 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Er, not one to encourage hacking, but that's when you hack a level 9 Reshiram and get their goodies. Unfortunately, the GTS doesn't let you do this, probably.
I've tried this before and it doesn't work unfortunately :( I really want some of those shinies too...

Penguin1970
June 12th, 2013, 02:07 AM
I only have Heart Gold.I once got a great trade,a level 28 Vaporeon (my dream Pokemon) with Blizzard,Surf,Waterfall and Bite for a level 1 Eevee i just hatched.Of course i accepted ^.^

Cordelia
June 12th, 2013, 03:49 AM
I've tried this before and it doesn't work unfortunately :( I really want some of those shinies too...

Yeah, I thought that after I posted it ;-;

@Penguin1970 -- congrats! That's awesome news n_n

⊗Slenderman⊗
November 2nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
I don't use the GTS much, aside from to get 'mons off Pokecheck. I did manage to obtain a shiny lvl1 Buneary off of it, though. I can't remember what they were asking for, but it was a pretty good trade on my part.
GTS Negotiations is more fun than anything else, for me. I've ended up with quite a few legendary and shiny Pokemon, but it's annoying when people reject everything you try to offer.

Kumo163
November 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
I really dislike the global trade center. 9/10 times I go, 99% of the trading options are either legendary pokemon and/or insanely high level pokemon (90+ level). This is why I like wonder trade so much more.

Meemster
December 9th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I hate that people on the GTS ask for impossible to retain Pokemon.. really? A level 1-10 Ditto?

destinedjagold
December 11th, 2013, 10:52 PM
GTS is annoying. =/
What I hate most are pipz offering X and are also looking for X.
Seriously?
And yeah, pipz requesting unobtainable PKMN. =/

Then again, I couldn't really hate GTS that much since, that's where I got a lvl100 Yveltal, and I only sent the trader a llvl36 Charizard. :3

Training new PKMN teams and earning money are now easy as I sweep the Elite Four with my mighty Yveltal. xD

SnowpointQuincy
December 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM
People have good pokemon you want, like Togekiss, but refuse to give it to you.

How long is that Togekiss going to stay on the GTS before someone trades you a Lv.10 Xerneas?

Just gimme the Togekiss!

----------EDIT----------------

I put Nidoran Hustle up on GTS. And got a Female...JAPANESE....Togetic!!!

Sebastian_Sommer
February 10th, 2014, 02:40 AM
I need a second opinion on the Ho-oh I received from the GTS. It's in a masterball but it's lvl 37 and it originates from the Hoenn region which I checked for any Ho-oh related events but they are all at lvl 70. It also learned recover even though it's a lvl 71 move.
Is this a fake/hacked pokemon?

Gonzo
February 12th, 2014, 01:22 AM
@Sebastian: I'm certain it is hacked.

@topic: I find looking for Pokemon very tedious and ineffective because of all those stupid offers. Yes, they are stupid and wanted Pokemon are impossible to obtain. On the other hand, I've had so many succesful GTS trades, because my offers were fair. For example: random Graveler for any Graveler. There are many people who'd like to get their trade evolving Pokemon. I've been able to exchange Gliscor for Weavile as well.

Sebastian_Sommer
February 12th, 2014, 07:50 AM
@Sebastian: I'm certain it is hacked.
Thanks for your opinion, I reported it to the hacked pokemon thread and had it deleted from my game. It's true that there are a lot of people making some outrageous trade in the GTS, but at least you could be certain that what they are offering are actual pokemon, unlike the Ho-oh I received from the deposit function :(.

The Feves
February 16th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks for your opinion, I reported it to the hacked pokemon thread and had it deleted from my game. It's true that there are a lot of people making some outrageous trade in the GTS, but at least you could be certain that what they are offering are actual pokemon, unlike the Ho-oh I received from the deposit function :(.

That's a bummer. Ho-Oh would only come at a lower level than 50 if it came from the Dream Radar game, and if that was the case it would be in a Dream Radar ball. If you're still in need of a legit Ho-Oh, pm me and we could probably work something out.

I remember when GTS first made its appearance in D/P, but I never used it until a couple nights ago on X/Y. I'm amazed by how useful and helpful it is for completing Dex entries. I would never look for a Legendary trade on there tho. I've learned quickly that it's best to talk to people on the forums. Everyone on here is far more friendly and helpful, and more often than not, very genuine and legitimate.

I have definitely found a new appreciation for GTS, but I'm astounded at the ridiculous Pokemon people are offering when asking for legendaries. I spent a half-hour looking for a Turtwig trade that wasn't looking for an insanely valuable legendary. It's a freaking Turtwig, dagnabbit. If it's breed-able and doesn't have any iv's worth mentioning, then don't go asking for a one-of-a-kind Pokemon! Am I right?