PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] English release date! Revealed!

KingCyndaquil
May 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
American Release Date has been revealed

On October 7th, Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will be in stores in America.
On October 12th, Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 will be in stores in Europe.
Australian release date has yet to be announced.

Plusleminun
May 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I think early october. Don't know why, just sounds right to me ¨,

ShadowStriatonTriad
May 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'm hoping for early-mid September, considering my Birthday just so happens to be around that time. ^o^

droomph
May 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Oh thanks Nintendo. You really helped the date there.

"Fall" being September-November so probably somewhere around there.

Guy
May 27th, 2012, 07:00 PM
I'm predicting anywhere from mid September to early October. That feels about right to me.

Forever
May 27th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Well I keep thinking it'll be early October so you have a sort of three month gap which is half of BW's waiting time.

P0kelegend
May 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Late September/early October IMO.

I think its possible we could get a release date at E3 sometime next week. I doubt they'll actually cover B2W2 there, but I'm sure Nintendo will make a passing mention of it and could announce the release date. Coverage for the English versions has already started on the English Pokemon website (posted some screenshots and the Unova map) so its possible we'll get a release date very soon.

Xander Olivieri
May 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
We most likely won't get an official release date until its released in Japan, even if TPCi already has their copies to translate and produce.

Forever
May 27th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Late September/early October IMO.

I think its possible we could get a release date at E3 sometime next week. I doubt they'll actually cover B2W2 there, but I'm sure Nintendo will make a passing mention of it and could announce the release date. Coverage for the English versions has already started on the English Pokemon website (posted some screenshots and the Unova map) so its possible we'll get a release date very soon.

Maybe but I think it might not be until the advertisements come on TV tbh. It still seems way too soon to hear of a release date when the English players know barely anything and we didn't get the Japanese one too long ago (well, like a month and a half?)

Hikamaru
May 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM
I predict sometime around September.

Given that my birthday is in the following month, I want to get the games when that time comes cos I know how awesome they are!

However, the problem is that my region is usually the last of the English-speaking regions to get the new games. I just better hope my native Australia doesn't have to wait until 2013, if it's that long I'll be disappointed.

Brendino
May 27th, 2012, 11:44 PM
The last couple of games have been released about 6 months after the Japanese release date, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them out sometime in late-November or early-December, which would also help capitalize on sales around Christmas. If it were up to me, though, I would like to see simultaneous release dates with the Japanese versions.

awolfsquared
May 27th, 2012, 11:53 PM
The last couple of games have been released about 6 months after the Japanese release date, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them out sometime in late-November or early-December, which would also help capitalize on sales around Christmas. If it were up to me, though, I would like to see simultaneous release dates with the Japanese versions.
Uh it was announced early on back in February the games will be released in North America in Autumn 2012. That's only gonna be about three or four months since the Japanese release (June 23,2012) November or December wouldn't exactly be Autumn but more like Winter.

I'm really thinking it will be released in late September or mid to late October . This gives me time to get money before then to buy the games.
Hope they announce the English release dates soon.

Brendino
May 28th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Uh it was announced early on back in February the games will be released in North America in Autumn 2012. That's only gonna be about three or four months since the Japanese release (June 23,2012) November or December wouldn't exactly be Autumn but more like Winter.

I'm really thinking it will be released in late September or mid to late October . This gives me time to get money before then to buy the games.
Hope they announce the English release dates soon.

True, but technically autumn lasts from September 22nd to December 20th this year, so it could realistically be released anytime between then.

Like I said, I would prefer it to be sooner rather than later, but something's telling me it might not work out like that.

Cosmotone8
May 28th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Sometime in August would be nice. But it won't happen. XD
I honestly think it will be anywhere from Halloween to Thanksgiving. (Thats October 31st - November 22, for those of you who don't know).

Also, coincidentally, the Japanese version is out on my birthday, haha.

Mew~
May 28th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I really hope it's at least before September, perhaps early August, that's my summer all together then. :3

Blue
May 28th, 2012, 08:47 AM
At a push November but I'd guess late September or early October, one of the two.

KingCyndaquil
May 28th, 2012, 09:23 AM
i still say late august or early September.

i wouldn't really understand why they would release the games in November, if they do that they might as well wait until the holiday season to get more money out of it.

Toshiro.
May 28th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I remember seeing it on a game site saying October 2012.

Xander Olivieri
May 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
All sites that can Preorder it have it as October 2012. There is no definate date yet and it can be pushed back or forward depending on how early they start translating and producing copies.

Kaori
May 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I'm hoping they'll make the release date go in line with the release date for the Japanese B/W games, which would be in September. :B

Blade_of_darkness
May 28th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I'm hoping they'll make the release date go in line with the release date for the Japanese B/W games, which would be in September. :B

That's shooting at the moon, here. I'm not expecting these games will be available to the masses outside of Japan until four months after the initial Japanese release, & that's my optimistic guess.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
That's shooting at the moon, here. I'm not expecting these games will be available to the masses outside of Japan until four months after the initial Japanese release, & that's my optimistic guess.
It's not a bad idea to show a little bit more optimism these days, because it seems The Pokémon Company International are committing themselves to closing the gap between releases of their games (and by extension, the anime), period.

They did a near-same day announcement as Japan on Black 2 and White 2, after all. That's a good sign.

Shiny Celebi
May 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Im hoping for it to be available in September or October, but wouldnt be surprised if it was closer to Christmas.

KingCyndaquil
May 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Im hoping for it to be available in September or October, but wouldnt be surprised if it was closer to Christmas.
they said Fall 2012, which is from August to October, so I doubt a Christmas release, and I'm even more doubtful of a November release, because like i said before that would be a bad business move

Jellicent♀
May 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I'm going with the popular, mid to late September, belief. Though the websites selling the games say October, only they can do as much as theorize about the release date. As far as a Christmas release: yeah, no. No business man at GF in their right mind would do that. Sure, sales would be beautiful the day after, but they run the risk of under production, as well as demand severely decreasing afterwards, due to people having their minds set on Christmas, still. There are MANY things that could go incredibly wrong for GF if they did it.

TheFuturePokemon
May 28th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Will the English version of b2w2 correspond with the English dub anime? If so then the games should be released mid october.

Xander Olivieri
May 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Will the English version of b2w2 correspond with the English dub anime? If so then the games should be released mid october.

There is a possibility of that, yes. That kinda stands with my, "we'll see when the game is released in Japan." statement earlier.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
May 29th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Most of the time the anime comes before the games, so it's highly proable that we will see them in mid october, possibly around the 15th-20th is my guess.

bwburke94
May 29th, 2012, 06:21 AM
If going with Sunday releases is the norm, then October 14 or 21 it is. My birthday's October 19, and I want to end my 18 years of "childhood" with some Poké-nostalgia.

Oryx
May 29th, 2012, 06:27 AM
If going with Sunday releases is the norm, then October 14 or 21 it is. My birthday's October 19, and I want to end my 18 years of "childhood" with some Poké-nostalgia.

My birthday's October 2nd, so I'm hoping for around that time as well, so I can ask for it as a birthday present ;)

Reshiram Man
May 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Based on websites dates and popular belief, I think they will come to the shelves in late September-early October IMO. The games would help Gamefreak especially to be that near to Christmas.

May 29th, 2012, 04:48 PM
wow so many October birthdays xD Well since it's likely to be october that would put it in either the 7th, 14th, 21st, or the 28th, 7 or 14 if they want to make it before the anime or 21 and 28 if after.

Xander Olivieri
May 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM
wow so many October birthdays xD Well since it's likely to be october that would put it in either the 7th, 14th, 21st, or the 28th, 7 or 14 if they want to make it before the anime or 21 and 28 if after.

Most game releases are on Tuesdays, so if October then it would be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If September, it'll be 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th.

May 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Most game releases are on Tuesdays, so if October then it would be the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, or 30th. If September, it'll be 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th.
Well in America Pokemon games have come out in Sunday's (Platinum March 22 2009, Hg/SS March 14 2010, and BW March 6, 2011 are just some recent examples), so those dates in my previous post are my American date guesses.
I do think Europe will have it earlier though seeing how they've been getting several games early, and didn't they get a recent game before NA did?

Xander Olivieri
May 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Well in America Pokemon games have come out in Sunday's (Platinum March 22 2009, Hg/SS March 14 2010, and BW March 6, 2011 are just some recent examples), so those dates in my previous post are my American date guesses.
I do think Europe will have it earlier though seeing how they've been getting several games early, and didn't they get a recent game before NA did?

Pokemon Wise, they got Black and White before America did. To my knowledge that's the only one.

May 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Pokemon Wise, they got Black and White before America did. To my knowledge that's the only one.
That was the one, so if you go by that perhaps they will get B2W2 earlier like BW and KH 3D. For some reason Europe seems to be quicker at localizing games than North America these days... my guess it'll proably be a week to two weeks earlier than us. Australia will proably get it a week after...

Blue
May 30th, 2012, 02:36 AM
I'm hoping Europe get it earlier than the US again, it was a nice surprise and it would make sence considering it would be following in the pattern of BW. We might see that B2W2 gets released October 4th in Europe & October 6th in US as it did in March for BW.

Forever
May 30th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Don't really want much of a time difference between the releases, tbh. Like really, having to wait six days after the original B/W release was hard enough. I feel like, it'll probably be two days between each country, so effectively we'd have an Australian release four days after which'll be great. :3 I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(

Jellicent♀
May 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(

They always do. ;;
But, I would expect them to do it in the fall, of course, they could very well release it internationally the very next weekend/day. Who's to know?

Hopefully there just isn't a huge time difference. I'm more than certain that they've begun translating and are probably more than 90% done with the translations of the games, now they just have to begin the marketing campaign for it. So with all of that in mind, I really wouldn't be surprised if it takes about a month later.

Of course, then again they could have begun translating the moment Japan finished the game, sent out the coding and whatnot, and they are actually done with all of the translating and the processing and the marketing, and are just waiting for Japan to release theirs. In which case I could see them release it just a few days after.

Team Fail
May 30th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Even if it's out in the UK first, we're just days after, so it's not too bad.

I find it funny, though, that it doesn't take long to translate a game and fix bugs from an original release, but they take absolutely forever to actually release it.

Mikachu
May 30th, 2012, 05:10 PM
A worker at gamestop told me it'd be released mid/late October

Xander Olivieri
May 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM
A worker at gamestop told me it'd be released mid/late October

Worker's at Gamestop will only tell you personal opinions or what their print out tells you. All stores and Websites that can Pre Order games right now will tell you sometime in October. That's not an official date though.

May 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
When do you guys think an official release date will be announced anyways? Wasn't BW's announced around January or so?

Blue
May 31st, 2012, 12:51 AM
When do you guys think an official release date will be announced anyways? Wasn't BW's announced around January or so?

I think it will be before the release in Japan so sometime in early June I'd say, if not then just shortly after I mean it's only 3/4 months away for our release so I can't see them holding out much longer.

Reshiram Man
May 31st, 2012, 06:23 AM
I still got my bets on anywhere from late September to mid October. Everything is pointing towards around that date.

May 31st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Well September and October all generally seen as the main months of Fall, usually nothing comes out in the last month of a season so it's reasonable to assume it'll be around those months.

KingCyndaquil
June 7th, 2012, 09:21 AM
how many months apart was the BW japan release from the BW american release?

Blue
June 7th, 2012, 09:39 AM
how many months apart was the BW japan release from the BW american release?

The US & European release dates are branded as "Fall 2012" so that could be anywhere between September - November, I'm putting money on October or late September so 3-5 months later.

Killjoy
June 7th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I god, I forgot it was 2012 this year lol I was like Sept-Nov 2012?!?!? Why can't it... Oh wait lol blonde moment I guess.

Anyway I sure wish It was I little sooner. I would have liked it if it was end of the June, like I thought it was

Blue
June 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I god, I forgot it was 2012 this year lol I was like Sept-Nov 2012?!?!? Why can't it... Oh wait lol blonde moment I guess.

Anyway I sure wish It was I little sooner. I would have liked it if it was end of the June, like I thought it was

We're lucky it's Autumn 2012, it's usually 5-7 months for the translation to be complete which would mean a 2013 release at the latest, the gap is much smaller which is great IMO.

vaporeon7
June 8th, 2012, 04:51 AM
We're lucky it's Autumn 2012, it's usually 5-7 months for the translation to be complete which would mean a 2013 release at the latest, the gap is much smaller which is great IMO.

I cannot agree more, people who are saying that Japan are spoilt because they get B2/W2 a few months early really annoy me. Because we are still getting it relatively quickly. Anyway, I'd love it if they released it during the school holidays so that I can play it non-stop. My school work took a bad enough drop when B/W was released.

Hikamaru
June 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Don't really want much of a time difference between the releases, tbh. Like really, having to wait six days after the original B/W release was hard enough. I feel like, it'll probably be two days between each country, so effectively we'd have an Australian release four days after which'll be great. :3 I'm sure they'll favour UK though, again. :(

When I first read on Bulbapedia, they incorrectly stated the Australian release date as Spring 2013. They've since corrected it.

My guess is Europe will be the first of the EU/US/AUS trio to get the games. Australians will probably come last again (we got Black & White 4 days after the Americans)

Blue
June 9th, 2012, 03:04 AM
I agree, I think it will follow like Black & White did, Europe first, shortly followed by America then just after will be Australia.. that's how I'm hoping anyway!

June 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
At the latest we will have the game 5 months after if November, at earliest 3 if september so those dates aren't that far away from now.
I'm hoping for an early September release to shorten the gap even more.

Cordelia
June 9th, 2012, 08:58 AM
My money's on it coming out right before Christmas like a week before or so, since that's technically still Autumn.

June 9th, 2012, 11:20 AM
My money's on it coming out right before Christmas like a week before or so, since that's technically still Autumn.
That's true but in thats the case the gap would be the same as it always has been, six months...simply different seasons this time...

chella182
June 9th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Late October / early November makes sense to me (if it is truly Autumn - don't know why some people seem to think December is an Autumn month :\) since it's smart-timing for xmas. Not that they'll need that, it'll most likely get good sales anyway, but still.

I'd hope it was before then, though, I can't wait!

June 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
^ 21 to 22 days of December are in Autumn technically seeing how the Winter solstice (the official start of winter) isn't until the 21 or 22. Though marketing wise it proably means September (which is technically a summer month ) to November.

Altairis
June 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM
The site linked on PokeCommunity's front page says "In stock Oct, 2012" so I'm assuming probably early October.

Forever
June 10th, 2012, 06:07 AM

Might be a little too soon. I think Santa puts together his presents at least up to 3 weeks before, which gives children time to write letters and stuff before the day comes. One week is just too soon imo.

The site linked on PokeCommunity's front page says "In stock Oct, 2012" so I'm assuming probably early October.

Yeah but that's a placeholder name so it may not be anywhere near there. ;x

chella182
June 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
^ 21 to 22 days of December are in Autumn technically seeing how the Winter solstice (the official start of winter) isn't until the 21 or 22. Though marketing wise it proably means September (which is technically a summer month ) to November.

Yeah but... I'm still not buying it haha. December's winter to me. And I can't imagine a company saying "Autumn release" and then releasing it in December 'cause most people, like me, would be like :? To me winter is December, January, February, and autumn is September, October, November. Again, I can't see many people thinking of September as a truly summer month. Certainly isn't anything like summer here anyway haha.

But that's marginally off-topic. I thought I'd read somewhere yesterday (after initially posting in here) that it was the 15th of October in the UK, but I cannot for the life of me find where I saw that.

Ariel Winter
June 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I bet 15th for the UK and 20th here. It seems we got BW 1 and the 3DS after the UK so maybe...or it could be the reverse this time.

Iceman3317
June 10th, 2012, 01:58 PM
For some reason,October 15th is screaming at me for it coming out.

Blue
June 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
As people are saying it will most likely be mid October, September seems to early/soon and then November seems slightly late IMO. If I had to say an actual date I'd say 12th October for Europe & 21st October US/Australia (Games in Europe are usually released on Fridays).

Pokeace540
June 10th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I hope it's released on August...

June 10th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Not a chance, that's not even close to any definition of 'Fall' in the northern hemisphere or 'Spring' for the southern half.

My guess is October as well, likely the 14th for us in the Us if not the 21st seeing how most games are released here on Sunday.

Blue
June 11th, 2012, 06:03 AM

August would be too early, only two months after the Japan release and I wouldn't class August as Fall.

Mr Cat Dog
June 11th, 2012, 06:48 AM
It'll be released in time for Christmas shopping. Indeed, it would be stupid for the game not to! So in the US that'll be before Black Friday (Nov 23 this year). But even that feels a little late, to be honest. Having said that, it took six months for BW to be released to the rest of the world after Japan... so maybe it will be later that we're currently pontificating.

June 11th, 2012, 09:13 AM
It'll be released in time for Christmas shopping. Indeed, it would be stupid for the game not to! So in the US that'll be before Black Friday (Nov 23 this year). But even that feels a little late, to be honest. Having said that, it took six months for BW to be released to the rest of the world after Japan... so maybe it will be later that we're currently pontificating.
That is late, but I'm also pessimistic that it'll come as early as we have said on here...
Five months is better than Six though.

Kirbin
June 11th, 2012, 11:41 PM
The sooner the better :D It's too bad E3 didn't talk about Pokemon BW2 WE did get some stuff about conquest though.

Blue
June 12th, 2012, 02:22 AM
The sooner the better :D It's too bad E3 didn't talk about Pokemon BW2 WE did get some stuff about conquest though.

I agree, E3 would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the release dates for US/UK considering it's only 11 days until the Japanese release, maybe it will be announced in the next week or so. However, I'm now looking forward to Pokémon Conquest so that should keep me busy up until B2W2.

June 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Well it appears that the Homika episode pt 2 will come out Oct 20th so that might mean the games will come out the following day in America, or perhaps the following week...

Angelroid
June 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Mid October or even the 2nd week of November. imo

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Well it appears that the Homika episode pt 2 will come out Oct 20th so that might mean the games will come out the following day in America, or perhaps the following week...

Not necessarily. iirc, the anime was out a bit before B/W (like a month before I think...?) so with the "swap over" for B2W2 it doesn't necessarily imply the next few days.

June 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
A month? Then that might mean that they might not come out until November...darn Black Friday!

bwburke94
June 15th, 2012, 05:01 PM
The one month anime head start in the US was done in order to have BW2 on track, I'm thinking...

June 15th, 2012, 09:43 PM
It proably will come out in the second or third Sunday of November if it really is one month after the anime episodes. Or perhaps it's before, weren't the Lyra episodes after HgSs already came out? They could do the same for B2W2...

Forever
June 15th, 2012, 10:56 PM
If it's the third it'd be exactly like around 5 months which wouldn't be too crazy and fits nicely into the season that is due for release.

June 16th, 2012, 06:38 AM
^It really does plus it's the week after (or is it before?) Black Friday here in the States so they'll be big sells and maybe even fights to buy B2W2...Go Angry Mom use slam on Angry mom!

Greenbeans
June 16th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I would think that it comes out early october, they said fall 2012 and november just doesn't feel right too me.

June 16th, 2012, 06:16 PM
November is still very much Fall (N.H) /Spring (S.H.). It'll be only a month sooner than normal.

crystalzapdos
June 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
I'm gonna take a random shot in the dark and say October 21st.

June 16th, 2012, 07:28 PM
^That's the date after the 2nd Homika episode comes out in the Us so it's likely.

Rodriguezjames55
June 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM
october i wish august 11 my b-day

Oryx
June 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I agree, E3 would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the release dates for US/UK considering it's only 11 days until the Japanese release, maybe it will be announced in the next week or so. However, I'm now looking forward to Pokémon Conquest so that should keep me busy up until B2W2.

E3 was only about WiiU and 3DS, the only time they mentioned Pokemon was to mention the 3DS apps so it wouldn't have made sense to announce a DS release date at that time, haha.

June 16th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Well they mentioned B2W2 when they were show casing some of the soon to come games...ironically the rest were all 3DS games...so E3 wouldn't have been a bad time to announce the release date IMO (though it is a game in an old system so maybe that's why it missed out...).

Oryx
June 16th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Yeah, they mentioned the apps that are only available on the 3DS. Nothing about the game itself. That's why it was a 3DS conference and not a DS conference.

chella182
June 17th, 2012, 10:11 AM
For some reason,October 15th is screaming at me for it coming out.

It does rather seem like an obvious date. Although it's a Monday... are games traditionally released on a Monday? Or is it Friday? Or no day in particular? I forget what day it was when BW came out in the UK.

June 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
In North America they tend to come out around Sunday so perhaps it'll be out on the 14th for us or possibly the 21st if Europe gets it on the 15th and get it earlier than other places.

psyciceman
June 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
My local JB Hi-Fi (in Australia) had the 13th of September as a release date on their instore display (I'll get a photo tomorrow when I pick up Conquest)

Forever
June 19th, 2012, 11:34 PM
My local JB Hi-Fi (in Australia) had the 13th of September as a release date on their instore display (I'll get a photo tomorrow when I pick up Conquest)

Yeah that's tentative. :( Nobody really knows for sure, plus I'd say that's way too early, actually. :x Also lol I keep thinking the games will be released in July rather than a few days idk why.

bobandbill
June 19th, 2012, 11:37 PM
My local JB Hi-Fi (in Australia) had the 13th of September as a release date on their instore display (I'll get a photo tomorrow when I pick up Conquest)I'd be sceptical of any shop given date, even if they say it directly themselves. Firstly unless they (Nintendo) announce it really soon (and even then) that leaves not much time to promote the games; under three months seems a touch short to me imo. That and the trend has been that the date was revealed by Nintendo, not stores, and any and all dates stores had given out turned out to be incorrect. They are merely guesses the vast majority of the time, as history has shown.

Only thing that date has going for it is that it is a Thursday, which has been the usual day for Pokemon games to get released the last few years in Australia. Still, take it with a grain of salt until Nintendo state it themselves.

psyciceman
June 20th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I'd be sceptical of any shop given date, even if they say it directly themselves.

Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I saw that display, their site still says New Years Eve so I'm thinking it could be the manager playing tricks

June 20th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Well the games are out soon for all of Japan to get it. I'm hoping that they announce the international release date immediately after it's release in Japan that way they can move on to focusing on marketing the game here without delay (and it'll mean the games might come earlier than November).

Fiendly
June 21st, 2012, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I saw that display, their site still says New Years Eve so I'm thinking it could be the manager playing tricks

They only say that so it's being released this year - just a precaution.

It could be delayed (I doubt) - it's happened to many games in Australia :/ I waited for some up to 3 weeks. Anyway it should be out September though, seems like a good time for us anyway.

bwburke94
June 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Early November seems to be the right date. Enough early buyers before Black Friday in the States.

Zerkrom The Hedgehog
June 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Most likely in Mid Aug. to Oct.

June 21st, 2012, 11:04 PM
At Nintedo Direct they mentioned that they'll close to revealing the release date for B2W2 so we should expect in to be announced in the upcoming days.

Draconicsoul
June 22nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
I don't see why they couldn't have revealed it on last night's Nintendo Direct. They even had an English teaser trailer, for pity's sake! I"m not much for staying up late, but I stayed up till Midnight for that DirectCast, and I expected something a little more!

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

elmagnate
June 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
I think most of you are being too optimistic.

Considering Fall lasts from the 20th of September to 22nd of december (I think) the most likely thing is that the game would be released in the USA (and possibly in Europe) between mid-late october and early-mid november, being september way too early and december way too late.

This is just a supposition, but I think that if they say such an unspecific date is because they arent going to release it that early. It usually goes like this in most of the releases of games.

JadeSkittles
June 22nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
I remember Ruby & Sapphire being released on a weekday. But I think the last few games have been weekends. I'm going with the 15th of October tbh.

SouKoLian9102
June 23rd, 2012, 03:03 AM
I find it seriously annoying that Australia gets the games last. When BW came out in America a few days before Australia, my cousin was mocking me on Skype about it...

Hikamaru
June 23rd, 2012, 03:16 AM
I find it seriously annoying that Australia gets the games last. When BW came out in America a few days before Australia, my cousin was mocking me on Skype about it...

Yeah, me being an Australian myself... I know how you feel. There was a time where Australians got a main game before America and that was Gold & Silver.

In this case, they might do the European and Australian releases simultaneously with the US. I'd be kinda surprised if they did one day separating all three regions' release dates.

fayt666
June 23rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
i preordered at walmart in december and i beleieve the site says ships december 23rd i pray to got it comes out earler. they saying fall but the sites u preorder it says otherwise

DowntownDumpling
June 24th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I don't know if any official dates have been released, but I'd hedge my bets at around September 24, 2012.

June 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I doubt it'll come out Dec 23...that's not even Fall in any view...
I'm thinking Oct 14 or 15 th as someone stated above.

Xander Olivieri
June 24th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I had like five different guests come in to Toys R Us yesterday all saying that the games release date was September 30th. Which is a Sunday so it could be possible. I haven't seen any updates to confirm this though.

June 24th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Oh I pray it is, it's a pretty nice date for a release aka not too late. Also nintendo made it sound as if the release was quite close at Nintendo drect so it's possible.

smurf
June 25th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I herd october 2nd or 3rd was the projected realese date

June 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I herd october 2nd or 3rd was the projected realese date
What's your source?
I personally wouldn't mind it if it were those dates though. On the other hand neither of those is a sunday so I sort of doubt it.

bwburke94
June 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Dec 21 is technically fall, but there's no reason for such a significant release date. I'd guess Oct 12 in Europe, Oct 14 in North America.

June 26th, 2012, 12:22 PM
If the 12th Oct. for Eu, and 14th for NA, than Australia will proably get it some time between the 16th (if a 2 day difference among releases) to the 18 th of oct if it's four days iirc like last time.

bwburke94
June 26th, 2012, 12:52 PM
My birthday's October 19, which is a Friday. Hoping they come out before then in North America.

pokehearts
June 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I'm hoping it comes out early fall, like REALLY early fall, that way we get it sooner

Forever
June 26th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I had like five different guests come in to Toys R Us yesterday all saying that the games release date was September 30th. Which is a Sunday so it could be possible. I haven't seen any updates to confirm this though.

Probably because if you search B2W2 you get a description of a Facebook group without any source saying the release date is September 30, lol :( So I wouldn't entirely believe it.

June 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Well it's almost July so if it's going to come out in September they should start advertising more of the games, so far we got a small english trailer which isn't much...

Nwakaego
June 26th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I'm not one for making predictions. But I don't think it'll be December, and I sure hope not. Else, I'm going to be playing my Japanese version for a long while.

vaporeon7
June 28th, 2012, 04:28 AM
From Serebii.net
In The Games Department
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 / Dream Radar - US & European release details

Various Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 localisation details have been announced. First, it is out in the US on October 7th and Europe on October 12th
PokéWood is to be called PokéStar Studios
Shizui's US name is Marlon
The various parts of the site have been updated to reflect this

If this is true, it's gonna be a long few months to count down.

Lugia_Da_Boss
June 28th, 2012, 04:33 AM
They just have to release it in the middle of the school year...

JadeSkittles
June 28th, 2012, 04:34 AM
It has been confirmed to come out October 7th in the new commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqVU5j_yvnw&feature=g-u-u

Mew~
June 28th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Ah, I was reeallly hoping it was late August or early September, but I suppose I'm okay with this. It's nice that the US get the games before us again, though it isn't much of a difference so I'll just have to prevent myself from peeking at certain stuff. :x

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Watch as Australia doesn't get it til 2 weeks later, lmao >__>

But yeah I expected it to be around November. October seems kinda a bit too early! Oh wait that's like 3-4 months nvm. n_n

Hikamaru
June 28th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Watch as Australia doesn't get it til 2 weeks later, lmao >__>

But yeah I expected it to be around November. October seems kinda a bit too early! Oh wait that's like 3-4 months nvm. n_n

I'd just better hope we don't have to wait 'til November cos that means we Aussies will be far behind. Aussies are always last of the English-speaking regions to get the games, the only time Australia had a main game released BEFORE America was Gold & Silver.

Keep in mind that Australia got Black & White 4 days after America, I hope they pull something like that.

JadeSkittles
June 28th, 2012, 04:49 AM
I always thought Aus got it when the UK did. I never knew it was another date

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 04:54 AM
I always thought Aus got it when the UK did. I never knew it was another date

Unfortunately no.

Sadly there is 5 days difference between the two even which isn't that great for Australia's release date.

Hikamaru
June 28th, 2012, 05:03 AM
This one is especially for Nica.

Something tells me that Australians might have to wait until October 31st for B2/W2... what a disappointment cos this is a much longer gap between AUS/US releases than B/W.

Reshiram Man
June 28th, 2012, 05:03 AM
It is so nice to know the US gets it before Europe this time.
It is also great for it to be on a Sunday, because of school of course.

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 05:06 AM
This one is especially for Nica.

Something tells me that Australians might have to wait until October 31st for B2/W2... what a disappointment cos this is a much longer gap between AUS/US releases than B/W.

Why do you think that? :(( That's forever away! Actually we could get it on the 11th, which'd be before the UK. :3 If not, then it'll be a week later which'll be really sucky. :x

Hikamaru
June 28th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Why do you think that? :(( That's forever away! Actually we could get it on the 11th, which'd be before the UK. :3 If not, then it'll be a week later which'll be really sucky. :x

Yeah, Australians always get the short end of the stick when it comes to English release dates.

Remember that Australia got Gold & Silver BEFORE America.

I just better hope it's not October 31st or I'll be disappointed cos then we'll heavily fall behind. The American and Australian release for Black & White was only a 4 day difference. Even worse if it's November.

vaporeon7
June 28th, 2012, 05:25 AM
One of my Tumblr followers said that Australia and New Zealand are getting it October 25th, which is a Thursday, which is the day everything gets released here.

bwburke94
June 28th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Since Australia isn't confirmed, no reason to lock this yet. Also, I get it before my birthday! Yay!

JadeSkittles
June 28th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Why not just get the UK or the USA version if your in Aus. Its a DS game so it won't have a region lock right?

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Why not just get the UK or the USA version if your in Aus. Its a DS game so it won't have a region lock right?

If you play it on 3DS or DSi it will despite being a DS game, plus the fact that not all of us are willing to import since we don't trust that kind of stuff and it'd be easier just waiting.

But if I have to decide between import and waiting til release, even if it's 2 weeks later, then I'll just wait til the release. :x

Silent Storm
June 28th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I think I am going to import the US copy like I did with BW1.

Hopefully these are region free on the DSi / 3DS like the english BW1.

If you play it on 3DS or DSi it will despite being a DS game, plus the fact that not all of us are willing to import since we don't trust that kind of stuff and it'd be easier just waiting.

But if I have to decide between import and waiting til release, even if it's 2 weeks later, then I'll just wait til the release. :x

The English copies of Black & White were reported to work on any DSi or 3DS from a different region I believe (I also imported the US version and they worked perfectly on my UK 3DS and DSi).

Seeing as the release dates are close to each other like BW1, hopefully Nintendo will do the same thing and just make the english copies region free, as it's cheaper to do that rather than produce 2 / 3 different batches.

Mango Dolphin
June 28th, 2012, 08:18 AM
For the english version, I'd say it would be late August, because A. It is slightly considered Fall and B. My birthday is around that time. :3

Sheep
June 28th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Ahh, October's a bit later than I was hoping for. :( Well, it's only a few weeks after what I assumed, so I don't mind waiting. I'm still not sure if I want summer to go slower or faster. XD;

Perrie ✿
June 28th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I honestly don't mind about this date. :> There's only 4 months to wait, whereas for BW there was 8 months (inc September), so it's not really a long wait. I'm glad it's close to Christmas because I can just get the other version then. :D

Xander Olivieri
June 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM
It's a couple weeks after my Birthday so I'm not mad about it at all~ Gives me more time to save up for both at once~

Bluerang1
June 28th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Not too fussed. I need a job so I can have money to get it and a 3DS. I think I'll be fine by God's grace.

Overall, pretty meh date, I don't know why haha. Glad it isn't any later!

Mango Dolphin
June 28th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Oh great. It is going to be released on October 7th. But luckily I found a sneak peak on Pokebeach!

Eeohnex
June 28th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just as I expected, October is just four months away. I'm just glad it's getting release a few days before my birthday, perfect gift.

June 28th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Whoever guessed that the release for Europe was the 12 was right...
Well glad to hear it comes out here on the seventh ^_^. I expect we will get the australian date announced next week. I guess this thread is now the australian release date speculation thread xD

Bluerang1
June 28th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Well glad to hear it comes out here on the seventh ^_^. I expect we will get the australian date announced next week. I guess this thread is now the australian release date speculation thread xD

I'm guessing either the 14th or the 12th itself.

Hikamaru
June 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM

I'm speculating around some time between the 13th and 25th of October.

I know that Australians are usually last when it comes to the English releases but some exceptions were Gold & Silver (Australia got it before the US) and Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver (Australia got those before Europe).

So yeah, most even-numbered generations main games did not have Australia last in the English release.

June 28th, 2012, 10:09 PM
The 25th...that's a big difference from the US release...about 18 days to be exact, and 13 from Europes. My guess it it'll come out around the 14th, two days after Europe.

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 10:29 PM
It'll be the 11th, 18th or 25th, unfortunately, because Australia gets new games on Thursday. Personally hoping it's the 11th. :x

June 28th, 2012, 10:32 PM
I'm thinking the 18th than due to the pattern so far...it would be nice though if it was the 11th, the releases for Eu and Aus wouldn't be all that far apart that way.

Hikamaru
June 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
It'll be the 11th, 18th or 25th, unfortunately, because Australia gets new games on Thursday. Personally hoping it's the 11th. :x

Probably the 11th. There were some cases where Australians got a main game before Europe.

If they want Australia to be last then I'll say the 18th. 25th means we'll be too far behind.

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Okay so with B/W's release, it was the week before that UK got it, now it's the week after. While they can't give Australia a complete week before, they'll have the "middle ground" aka the earliest they can get without being the first so it'll be the 11th. /such logic

But yeah idk why they won't do the earliest possible. :x For B/W Australia wasn't intended to be last, but rather it worked out that way. So really in other words... 18th is too far away. n_n

June 28th, 2012, 10:41 PM
It really is compared to the US release date...while if it's the 11th it'll only be 4 days difference between ours, and one between Aus and Europe. That would be nice for those Australian who don't want to spoil themselves while watching as the American's and Europeans chat away about the games...

Hikamaru
June 28th, 2012, 10:50 PM
OK, now I browsed through Bulbapedia and discovered that in most cases in terms of main games, Australia's release date was BEFORE Europe's.

The only times Australia were last in the English release were Red & Blue and Black & White.

Most of the time it was Europe that came last.

So yeah I could be seeing the 11th as a possibility although they might go with the pattern that Red & Blue had: America > Europe > Australia.

In the case with HeartGold & SoulSilver, the Australian and European release had a very small margin.

The only time Europe was first was with Black & White, although they did get a few spinoffs before America.

Does anyone think I have a point?

It really is compared to the US release date...while if it's the 11th it'll only be 4 days difference between ours, and one between Aus and Europe. That would be nice for those Australian who don't want to spoil themselves while watching as the American's and Europeans chat away about the games...

I agree with that MR & AS, if they make Australia last then that could cause spoilers for Australian players.

Australia was in the middle for all main games bar Black & White, Red & Blue and Gold & Silver. In the latter's case, Australia was actually FIRST. Yep, Gen II started in Australia before America.

droomph
June 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Octobah? Not bad :/

Too bad I din' get myself a job this summer :( ah well it's all good. Australians even though I live in California I feel ya pain.

Though I'd be too busy during October anyways :P

For the fact that the games have been revised plenty (the names aren't in need of being created) and UK and Aus all speak more or less American English I assume it shouldn't be that bad of a delay for y'all. Unless Nintendo of Australia gets really lazy.

Azureth
June 28th, 2012, 11:10 PM
It's too bad it'll take them that long to get it over here. By the time it does there will have already been a complete english patch released.

Raichupacabra
June 29th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I can't wait for October. I'm probably going to start saving up in August so I could buy the game along with necessities. I need to get it on release date since I did that for Pokemon Black.

Blue
June 29th, 2012, 04:46 AM
As I predicted, Europe are getting it 12th October! US 7th which is great, early October is fine for me and it's not all that long away, only 3 months. After seeing all the new features in these games since it's release in Japan I've been becoming more eager to play these games so I really can't wait now!

Ghiaccio
June 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Ah yes! Now this gives me time to get that new 3DS XL and play Black or White 2 in 1:1! :D
Kinda wished it was in september or something though, but October's fine too!

bwburke94
June 29th, 2012, 09:55 AM
As a sidenote, October 7 is part of a 3-day weekend for most people in North America, as October 8 is Columbus Day in the States as well as Canadian Thanksgiving.

June 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM
We don't have columbus day in my state (not like I want to celebrate someone like columbus anyways) so yeah...
Perhaps Australia will break the pattern and get it on the 14 rather than the 25th,18th or 11th...or the 4th...lol would't it be funny if they did get it earlier everyone will be envious of Australians rather than the other way around.

Alli
June 29th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I was hoping for September, but hey, October's not bad ei-- oh wait crap, that's the height of band month. Soooo many competitions to go to. Which means less time to play, and I'll be buying them both. Hoooo boy! But still, it's nice to know the date now. Can't wait! But I mean, I have a Japanese copy that should be here soon, and I can't wait for that either. I am impatient lol. :(

Hikamaru
June 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Perhaps Australia will break the pattern and get it on the 14 rather than the 25th,18th or 11th...or the 4th...lol would't it be funny if they did get it earlier everyone will be envious of Australians rather than the other way around.

In Gold & Silver's case, Australia got it first. So yeah, if it were to happen like that it would be interesting.

Also in most cases, Australia was second in terms of releases. Europe was often the one that came last although that wasn't the case for Red & Blue and Black & White. In the latter's case Europe got it first.

June 29th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Well I'm glad that it's released in october 7th as that gives me time to gather change and earn money after buying Kh3D at the end of July...so yeah 2 months and seven days to stuff up my in home piggy bank.

Sakura Rain
June 29th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm actually glad about this, since it'll give me some time to save up some money after the mandatory purchase of KH3D.

...was still hoping for september though

No, because my birthday is in November and this can be like an early birthday present. "Early" meaning "no I certainly will not wait to play it what are you smoking"

bobandbill
June 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I expected it to be later tbh, so in that regard I like it.

Of course I'd be in the middle of uni then, so WHOOPS.

SouKoLian9102
June 30th, 2012, 04:07 AM
October? Could be worse. Pity though, cos my b-day's in September. Nvm I'll probably buy a copy for my brother and then steal his cartridge or something.

Blue
June 30th, 2012, 04:27 AM
My Birthday is at the beginning of November so I was thinking that's just nice timing but knowing it's out I think I'll be too tempted to go out and buy it, I was expecting sometime in October but it's nice that it's around the beginning of it. IIRC it's the earliest Localization for any of the games so far, right?

Hikamaru
July 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM
OK guys, especially the Aussies involved in this discussion.

I have checked BulbanewsNOW's Twitter feed and it says the Australian release might be on October 12, which is the same day as the European release.

It is unconfirmed at this point but I'm hoping this is true.

Blue
July 4th, 2012, 06:12 AM
OK guys, especially the Aussies involved in this discussion.

I have checked BulbanewsNOW's Twitter feed and it says the Australian release might be on October 12, which is the same day as the European release.

It is unconfirmed at this point but I'm hoping this is true.

It's likely, considering the localization is shorter than usual it may well be the 12th and I'm hoping for it too. Although I'm not from there it would be nice to see you guys getting it the same time as others.

Hikamaru
July 4th, 2012, 06:21 AM
It's likely, considering the localization is shorter than usual it may well be the 12th and I'm hoping for it too. Although I'm not from there it would be nice to see you guys getting it the same time as others.

I think that the leaked date will be likely true.

Keep in mind these will be the first games since FireRed & LeafGreen to have the Japanese and international releases in the same year.

The translation team sure have been working hard just to get the game released internationally this year rather than waiting until 2013. Most international releases usually occur like, one year after the Japanese release.

Xatumi
July 4th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I cannot wait for the English version to come out this fall! It will definitely be worth the wait! I plan on using the key link to start my Black2/White2 game on Challenge mode from the very beginning!

Forever
July 4th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I think that the leaked date will be likely true.

Keep in mind these will be the first games since FireRed & LeafGreen to have the Japanese and international releases in the same year.

The translation team sure have been working hard just to get the game released internationally this year rather than waiting until 2013. Most international releases usually occur like, one year after the Japanese release.

Yeah not true. We get games on Thursday, not Friday. Unless it was a typo and it's actually 11, I kinda don't believe they'll break the tradition :(

Hikamaru
July 4th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Yeah not true. We get games on Thursday, not Friday. Unless it was a typo and it's actually 11, I kinda don't believe they'll break the tradition :(

I think that might have been an error.

I could see October 11 to be the closest to what was leaked, cos the 18th would be too far into the month.

TheShinyEevee
July 4th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Haha. Dunno if it's already been mentioned, but the Peeta Mellark guy gets Pokemon BW2 for his birthday. Lol ^_^ (If he just happened to be in Europe at that time anyway...)

That's actually pretty awesome timing, since it's about a week before my birthday that they come out in Europe. Woop woop! Here's to getting games on time for once ;3

July 4th, 2012, 12:03 PM
^_^ How nice if the australian release dates is on the 12th, that would mean a shorter wait for downunder. Also waiting one day later than tradition is better than keeping tradition and getting them 6 days after Europe imo...

bwburke94
July 30th, 2012, 04:48 AM
All the Aussies will be spoiled if there's an 11 day wait from US to AUS. A 4 or 5 day wait, not so much.

Double post, but Australia gets BW2 on October 11.

Hikamaru
July 30th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Double post, but Australia gets BW2 on October 11.

October 11? That was what I predicted earlier!

I think that might have been an error.

I could see October 11 to be the closest to what was leaked, cos the 18th would be too far into the month.

That was my post from July 5th, 2012. I can't believe I got it right! Oh god I am such a psychic.

Anyways, I'm glad cos it's not too late into the month.

Had the Australian release been like, the 18th then me and my Australian brethren would have gotten unfortunate spoilers.

But anyways, at least we get it before Europe (but then again Australia got most games before Europe).

Forever
July 30th, 2012, 05:10 AM
YES I WAS RIGHT. OR W/E I WAS. I SAID SOMEWHERE IT WAS A TYPO FOR 11TH, YES. AND STUFF LIKE:

10/10 for me tbh BECAUSE I knew inside that it'd be the 11th - so yay, good to know Australia gets to be in the middle this time! n_n

Blue
July 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Congrats! But it's great to see you guys getting it earlier this time.

Skymin
July 31st, 2012, 07:42 AM
I kinda just read an email I got from Nintendo and started doing backflips because I'm so happy Australia isn't getting it 4 million years after American like we usually do.

But here are some links that say exciting things (here (http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?pageID=6&action=news&sectionID=1) and here (http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/pokemon-black-and-white-2/#en-au/home))

PlatinumDude
July 31st, 2012, 04:56 PM
October 7 in the US, huh? Does this release date also apply to Canada?

Pingouin_7
July 31st, 2012, 05:25 PM
October 7 in the US, huh? Does this release date also apply to Canada?

The Canadian release dates are always the same as the US release dates.

Xander Olivieri
July 31st, 2012, 06:51 PM
The US release date is also known as North American Release date and Canada is part of North America XD TPCi counts the two countries as 1 apparently XD

Pingouin_7
July 31st, 2012, 08:54 PM
I *think* the NA release date might also be the release date for Mexico, but that needs confirmation.

vaporeon7
August 3rd, 2012, 02:14 AM
Even though it is an annoyance to have like all video games released on Thursdays, I'm very satisfied with the 11th. Getting through those four days will be tough though.

Tsutarja
August 3rd, 2012, 05:36 AM
Typically, the games are released in English on a Sunday (and in the Spring as well), so as the above poster pointed out, it will indeed be a tough four days. :P I'm trying to save up as much as possible to get one of the two games as well upon immediate release, so yeah, I am a bit anxious as well lol.

Aquarius1997
August 3rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
Since october 7th is so far from any major holiday i will have to buy the games for myself
*sighs*
well i guess im gettin black 2 then white 2 later around thanksgiving

bwburke94
August 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Canadians only have to wait one day for their Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I'm American, so I have to settle for Columbus Day, which doesn't even get me a day off from school.

이큐리
August 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm excited to get White 2 when it's released, but the release date is in the middle of no extra money period. Going to have to figure out a way to allocate some funds. :[

Killjoy
August 15th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Does this take place in a different region??

No, but it is a much expanded version of Unova.