PDA

View Full Version : Game maker pokemon engine?

Umbreon
May 27th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Alright here's what I'm wondering:

when I get free time (being bored of castle forge) to make a pokemon engine for game maker 8 pro.

Doing this I can also implent functions for:

multiplayer
3D

I am not saying I will do this I am taking a poll on this and IF I get free time I'll work on bits of this.

DaSpirit
May 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
You should try. If you need any help or ideas, you could always look at my old one (http://daspirit.deviantart.com/journal/Pokemon-Structure-Kit-0-2-0-Now-the-Overworld-243766264). I wish I had my most recent one, but my flash drive was corrupted. Making it, you'll learn of the many limitations GameMaker really has. I have.

Umbreon
May 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
You should try. If you need any help or ideas, you could always look at my old one (http://daspirit.deviantart.com/journal/Pokemon-Structure-Kit-0-2-0-Now-the-Overworld-243766264). I wish I had my most recent one, but my flash drive was corrupted. Making it, you'll learn of the many limitations GameMaker really has. I have.

I might build upon this more expanding it like essentials did.

(still depends on when I get bored of castle forge)

renekokkie
May 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM
are you good with gamemaker?
i have a walk and 3D engine likes pokemon

Nintendork15
May 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM
I'm gonna say now, this would probably take a long time.
I mean even for me, it takes a while to make a decent product with Game Maker.
As for pokémon that would take a long time, since you'd need to add all the battles, each pokémon, the stats, and all that.
Alot of data would need to be done.

Although, it would be something I would try out, if you were planning on making something like this?

Umbreon
May 29th, 2012, 12:12 PM
are you good with gamemaker?
i have a walk and 3D engine likes pokemon

Yes I am good with gamemaker.

I'm gonna say now, this would probably take a long time.
I mean even for me, it takes a while to make a decent product with Game Maker.
As for pokémon that would take a long time, since you'd need to add all the battles, each pokémon, the stats, and all that.
Alot of data would need to be done.

Although, it would be something I would try out, if you were planning on making something like this?

I am considering this as a small project meaning that I'll be adding only a few pokemon and things like that and leave the major work of pokemon to those who wants to (I will still add more pokemon/items/ect. slowly) my main concern is the base (movement,battle system,ect.)

KingCharizard
May 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I still have my game maker 8 CD somewhere, so if you make something i'll find it and give it a try...

Rossay
June 2nd, 2012, 03:02 AM
I completed one for GM8.1 but it's private. I suggest that if you're going to do this, then code it with the newly released GM:Studio! That means you can export to HTML5, Android, iOS etc etc. It'll make your project far more attractive. Also, I wouldn't get too hung-up on trying to implement good multiplayer functionality. Good luck. :)

Umbreon
June 2nd, 2012, 05:39 AM
I completed one for GM8.1 but it's private. I suggest that if you're going to do this, then code it with the newly released GM:Studio! That means you can export to HTML5, Android, iOS etc etc. It'll make your project far more attractive. Also, I wouldn't get too hung-up on trying to implement good multiplayer functionality. Good luck. :)

I would but it's too much money for me.