PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Gliese
May 29th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hello! As you can see, I'm new here. It's been years since I've introduced myself to a new forum, so bear with me.

I'm twenty-one, currently going to a community college. I'm currently out of work, so most of my money comes from odd jobs, like mowing lawns, etc. I'm not entirely sure of what I want to do yet, but I have a strong obsession with science, so I'll probably do something with that.

I've been a Pokemon fan since I was 8. I watched the Anime up until the end of Hoenn, but I play the games to this day. I don't battle on Wi-Fi much, so I'm not a competitive player, yet. At one point I did have all of the games, but thanks to a Dr. Pepper incident, I don't have any, aside from on my computer.

Aside from Pokemon, I became a big fan of other Anime. My favorite, even when I was very into Pokemon, was Digimon, at least the first three seasons. Yu-Gi-Oh for some reason became my favorite for a few years, but I eventually came back to Digimon.

As for video games, Pokemon is one of my favorites, but my number one is a tie between the Total Wars series and the Paradox Interactive RTS. ( Hearts of Iron, Europa Universalis, Victoria, etc) I have to say Final Fantasy tops my RPG list, but Pokemon comes in close. Outside of RTS and RPG, my favorite would be Grand Theft Auto.

Anime and games are merely hobbies, though. My real passion is towards science, and my biggest hobby would be acquiring knowledge. Although I've cut down due to economic problems, I practice amateur science quite often, and I spend much of my leisure time watching documentaries and reading scientific articles online.

That's all for now, anything else you want to know just ask me.

TheFallenUmbreon
May 29th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the community Gliese! I love Science like you, however this all changed when my science teacher was replaced with a VERY strict one ):
Another Pokemon Fan who has loved it since it was new :D I'm also not the Competitive Battler type.

Dr. Pepper did this?! D: I love Dr. Pepper! I am also a Multi-lover type, I change from Pokemon to Digimon from time to time.

Hahaha xD GTA lives 4ever!

Just a few tips: Make sure you check the Rules Page! Also go visit the Adoption Center if you're having any difficulties to receive a mentor, who can guide you and help you with problems! Hope to see ya around and Enjoy!!!

Mockingjay
May 29th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hi, Gliese, and welcome to The PokeCommunity! :D

I have a liking to science, too, and hope to one day have some sort of career that involves it...! :D

I've liked Pokemon for a total of 13 years now! I watched the anime 'till the beginning of Sinnoh, and I've been playing the games since I could..well, speak! :D I'm not much of a Wi-Fi anything when it comes to the games; I like to play them without interacting with others for the most part. However, joining a forum with Pokemon as the main focus has made me kinda get past that..I've been doing some Wi-Fi trades myself :)

Ahh, a Dr. Pepper accident...I feel your pain. I had a shampoo accident myself..but some of my Pokemon games were spared. My DS, however, wasn't, along with my Blue Rescue Team and Pokemon Ranger game. :(

What is your favorite branch of science? Do you like Biology? I can't STAND Biology -.-

Anyway, since you've joined, I'll just say this: check out the New User's Hangout and say hello or something~ Who knows, you may make some friends that are new here as well! :)

We offer a wide variety of forums here...so I'm sure you'll find some discussions that make you want to stay. Hope to see you around!

Cid
May 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Hooray! This has been a good day. People have been showing up with not-so-generic introductions, and they've all been great! I really hope you stick around, most of these interesting people we get just show up and then never return after a few posts. And don't worry, your intro was great.

I'm inclined to the scientific fields myself and if to an extent you ever end up working with something like that then that's good. It's an interesting faction to contribute to society. Oh yeah, do good in your studies. Hope you eventually get a more stable source of income. And I also hope you get through whatever indecision you might feel at times.

I also started early being a Pokémon fan, and kinda phased out of watching the anime for awhile until the most recent season (but I'm still watching very occasionally). And I detected a 'yet' there! Maybe if you feel like competitive battling some time, you can join a few of the regulars in PC's Competitive Battling Center. Apart from that, we also have bustling discussion for the games and the franchise in general, so I trust you'll look into that. It's too bad you don't have anymore games-- what with that curious incident you mentioned but yeah, I'm sure you'll get around with emulating them in the computer and still enjoy.

We also have anime discussions in the Japanese Entertainment section! Oh and of course, the Square-Enix Fan Club (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263958) can use some more active fans of Final Fantasy. Since you like FF too, I hope you check that out and discuss with us. :D

What specific branch of science piques your interest the most? I wish I got to talk to more people like you. I've always been encouraged at school to read scientific articles online and be more interested in it, and with potentially pursuing a career towards that I could use some more atmosphere. Maybe if the Other Chat & Discussions section allows scientific topics then you can make points of discussion from certain interesting articles. I'll certainly answer along with hopefully a few others interested, and vice versa. If that doesn't sound as good then maybe we can settle with just casual chat. Either way works. Haha.

Welcome aboard, Gliese. I hope you enjoy this place and meet a fair share of great people whose company you can enjoy. Stay active, interact with people and have a blast. Do check out New Users' Hangout like Jay said. And also, feel free to message staff in case you need assistance.

halcyonic
May 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Welcome Gliese to the community. Looks like you luv science.

I actually liked Digimon more than Pokemon once, I think that was when I was 7 or 8.

Remember to read the rules & make friends. Ya can strike up a chat with me anytime.

Have fun.

Gliese
May 29th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Just a few tips: Make sure you check the Rules Page! Also go visit the Adoption Center if you're having any difficulties to receive a mentor, who can guide you and help you with problems! Hope to see ya around and Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the info, I probably won't need it, though.

Hooray! This has been a good day. People have been showing up with not-so-generic introductions, and they've all been great! I really hope you stick around, most of these interesting people we get just show up and then never return after a few posts. And don't worry, your intro was great.

Thanks, and don't worry, I plan on staying. There may be periods where I'm less active, but I usually don't get into those too often.

And I detected a 'yet' there! Maybe if you feel like competitive battling some time, you can join a few of the regulars in PC's Competitive Battling Center. Apart from that, we also have bustling discussion for the games and the franchise in general, so I trust you'll look into that. It's too bad you don't have anymore games-- what with that curious incident you mentioned but yeah, I'm sure you'll get around with emulating them in the computer and still enjoy.

Yeah, I do plan on being more competitive. I have started to raise my Pokemon more competitively, but it's still only in-game.

And, it has taken time getting use to emulating, but I'm getting use to it. I only do it for gen 1-3, since I plan on getting a 3DS soon and replacing the newer ones.

What specific branch of science piques your interest the most?

Astronomy, Cosmology, anything to do with the study of the Universe. I'm particularly interested in areas that would contribute to the colonization of other planets, that being what I consider an important goal for the human race in the coming decades and centuries.

We also have anime discussions in the Japanese Entertainment section! Oh and of course, the Square-Enix Fan Club can use some more active fans of Final Fantasy. Since you like FF too, I hope you check that out and discuss with us. :D

I'll be sure to look into it.

Anyways, thank you all for the welcomes, I can tell this is a great forum.