PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

Pages : [1] 2

Lilith
May 31st, 2012, 09:09 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4w10tqyCu1rx1dkho1_400.jpgAvatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club
Welcome to our club, where you're free to discuss Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra animated series.

Rules1. Follow all PokéCommunity and Other Clubs Rules.
2. Keep spoilers in spoiler tags.
Also, keep huge plot-related spoilers in spoiler tags too. Use your best judgment.
3. Respect all club members.
Don't fight in this thread. Send all comments and concerns to club staff members.
4. Make smart, thorough posts.
Don't make short comments such as, "this show is cool," but explain why.

Club Staff MembersOwner: TwilightBlade

Element:
Answer a discussion topic:

Discussion TopicsCurrent Topic - So what did you guys think about the revelations of how the first avatar actually became the avatar? Well, what did you think about the whole episode in general?
13. Have you seen Book 2's latest episode? What are your thoughts?
12. What is your favorite weapon?
11. What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?
10. What are your predictions for Book 2?
9. Do you think the Equalist movement will continue and strengthen or will be forgotten?
8. If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why?
7. Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why?
6. How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?
5. What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
4. Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival?
3. What was your favorite animal cross from the series?
2. What is your favorite episode?
1. Who is your favorite character?

http://i48.tinypic.com/wlvbm8.png
AirbendersThe element of freedom!
1. TheFallenUmbreon
2. Jacinth
3. Gonz0
4. コナンくん
5. SchwarzRozen
6. -Grayscale-
7. ~Harmony
8. Lapras*
9. Ariel Winter
10. Omicron
11. Keiran777
12. Katie the Friendly Ghost
13. Rpg Man
14. Mononoke Hime
15. Antemortem
16. Grimwohl
17. Karasuma
18. Shizzable
19. Flush'd

http://i47.tinypic.com/213592f.png WaterbendersThe element of change!
1. Lilith [TwilightBlade]
2. Olli
3. GolurkIsDaBomb
4. Cid
5. pokemonranger109
6. Lightning
7. Netto Azure
8. Queen of Shipping [gunnerpow7 / LadyGunner]
9. Zet (n_n)
10. ~Ryukaa
11. thegeneticway
12. Destiny Demon
13. Dudeman609
14. synerjee
15. Pinkish Purple
16. zephyr6257
17. Summersushi
18. Urugamosu
19. Zorua4Ever
20. .Aero
21. Yukiyo Kayume
22. pikachu00
23. Jeanne1571
24. Rai
25. awolffromspace
26. Christopher
27. DarkLatias

http://i49.tinypic.com/110ktc1.pngEarthbendersThe element of substance!
1. ShadowE
2. Karpman
3. Jellicent♀
4. Falling Wishes
5. Sheep [Cirno]
6. SwiftSign
7. Sakura Rain
8. Romeo010
9. CC [Mac]
10. Tlachtli
11. MaxedOutFreaky
12. Venitardus

http://i48.tinypic.com/168a1ix.pngFirebendersThe element of power!
1. Finnick Odair [Livewire]
2. Fallen
3. CarefulWetPaint
4. SeekerOfDarkness
5. dragon456
6. Toshiro.
7. Antitryptic™
8. SD
9. lasttfarewell
10. Seivad
11. timelessgold
12. Altomare
13. Minato Arisato
14. thefallendetective
15. Guy [Artemis]
16. Hughes
17. Oxidation

Lance
May 31st, 2012, 09:19 AM
Looks like I'm first!

Username: Livewire
Element: Fire

Huurrrrraay! It's good to have a nice club for LOK/ATLA now.

/Is it Saturday yet.

Libra
May 31st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Username: ShadowExcadrill
Element: Earth

I love the series a lot, i watched it the whole time on my TV when it was on, but its now off the TV being replaced with stupid shows :(...

TheFallenUmbreon
May 31st, 2012, 09:26 AM
Username: TheFallenUmbreon
Element: Air

Finally! I've been waiting for a club like this for ages! I've watched almost all the episodes until they took out the show where I lived -.-

Jacinth
May 31st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Username: Jacinth

Yus, first Airbender! :) Ohwait... I take that back. Second airbender. XD

I am so happy there's a club like this! :D Thank you so much!

Anywhoes, I just looked at the discussion topic. So, my favorite character from ATLA is probably Sokka. He's so hilarious! (Especially when he's high on cactus juice.)
From LOK, it's Bolin. And Pabu. Bolin is so childish and fun, and Pabu... Well, Pabu doesn't need explaining.

Olli
May 31st, 2012, 09:31 AM
Username: Olli97
Element: Water

Great to see an Avatar fanclub! :D I think I remember it being aired on Danish television some time long ago, untill they ran out of money for dubbing the epsiodes, together with all the other anime they had going :<

I only started actually watching the show a few weeks ago, but man I was hooked! Certainly one of my favourite animes :>

Who is your favorite character?
Most definitely Sokka. Even though most of the characters can provide us with a few laughs, it's still great with a comic relief character like Sokka. He never fails to make me smile with his witty comments and humorous gestures that he makes every once in a while.

Gonzo
May 31st, 2012, 09:35 AM
Username: Gonz0

Polish Nick sucks so I had and still have to watch eps online, but oh my Arceus! I love it!
totally signing in~!

ソラ
May 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Username: コナンくん
Element: Air :D

I seen all of the episodes on Netflix
and the Legend of Korra on Nick Channel :3
I love the series <3.

My Favorite is between Aang and Toph.

GolurkIsDaBomb
May 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Username: GolurkIsDaBomb

YEEEEESSSS. I love this show so muc. My favorite character from ATLA would have to be cabbage merchant/foaming mouth guy. Of the main characters, I'd have to say Azula is my favorite. "I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!"
I also like Appa.

Of LOK I'd have to say that Tenzin is my favorite, he has some of the best lines.

The Fallen
May 31st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Username: Fallen

So excited for the new series! I was so sad once Last Airbender ended and was skeptical when they announced Legend of Korra. I'm very pleased with it so far!

CarefulWetPaint
May 31st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Imma be a... Fire bender so I can burn stuff (y)
My name is CarefulWetPaint

Favourite Characters~!?
Hmmmmmmmmmpt in the ATLA I would have to say probsssss Zuko! Because he was such a BA and saved Aang from the jail and such and ended up being a good guy.
In Korra Im liking Korra because she's a babe >.> and the fact that she is the like complete opposite of Aang makes her very interesting, giving the story a chance to stand completely on its on.
I like Mako as well because he team captain and a firebender. He also is pretty awesome at the old firebending which is awesome.

SeekerOfDarkness
May 31st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Hmm well I'll sign up.

Name? SeekerOfDarkness. Element? Fire. Favorite character? In the original series, it's between Zuko and Mai. I think Mai might have been the most lethal non-bender in the show, and I really wanted to see her fight Azula in the second Boiling Rock episode. And Zuko was just... Zuko. As for the Korra series... geez this one's tough. There are a lot of good characters and a lot of annoying characters. As far as good characters go, there's Tenzin, Mako, Amon, Bei Fong, Pabu... but Bo Lin's gotta be my favorite. I was rooting for him to win Korra since we first saw him.

Exile
May 31st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Huge avatar fan, don't really post about it at PC but w/e im in

Username: Karpman
Element: Earthbender

SchwarzRozen
May 31st, 2012, 04:35 PM
Ah, a request went in from me, yay ^.^

Anyways,

Username - SchwarzRozen
Element - I would say Lightning, but put me as an Airbender~

Gonzo
June 1st, 2012, 03:15 AM
Forgot to post my fav character!
From the Aang series: Toph Bei Fong - omg! that little girl had a temper! Loved her so much.
My TLOK's fav is Tenzin. I love how he tries to act serious but fails to hide is emotions, it's hilarious!

Cid
June 1st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Oh my. TwilightBlade, thank you for making this! :D

The original series was one of my favourite shows as a kid. I felt really sad that it had to stop giving such epic storylines about this one-of-a-kind universe they created here. Thankfully Korra's here, and despite the almost century-long time skip and rehash of all the characters pretty much, I still love it! Now I can't wait to watch the next episode. :D

Username: Cid

Picking from Avatar: The Last Airbender, it's none other than Katara. Her evolution throughout the series is just simply outstanding. From a shy, young Waterbender from the southern tribe into the determined, motherly figure she's been at the series' end, it's hard to not admire everything that she is. She always has quirky dialogue with Sokka and gets into really cool situations when her bending is at focus. Like fighting Master Pakku! So badass. Katara will stay as my favourite even when among the old and new series characters. :D

The Legend of Korra still has really cool characters, too. Korra was a wonderful decision for the creators, she's got a unique fiery personality that's similar to Katara's more reckless actions in the past. A likeable character for sure, I'm glad she's the current Avatar. Bolin is also pretty awesome! Oh man, he's funny, adorable and of course, absolutely dumbfounding when it comes to Probending. That one episode when he faces-off one-on-one in a clincher round of sorts just showed how much skill he actually has under that comical attitude. Plus Bolin's interactions with Pabu are so cute, it reminds me of Sokka and Momo, haha.

pokemonranger109
June 2nd, 2012, 02:02 AM
Username:pokemonranger109
Element:Water

Favorite character:Sokka he's funny like in the desert he was inficted with Confusion and it was so funny.
Iroh:Wise,Smart,Tough in the last few episodes,and Loves tea!<3
Pabu:Little Cute Fire Ferrite!<3
Tinsen:Calm,Smart,and Funny at times.
Melo:Tinsen's son,Strange and he's just a being a kid at ALL times.

Olli
June 2nd, 2012, 02:09 AM
Iroh:Wise,Smart,Tough in the last few episodes,and Loves tea!<3

Oh yeah, how could I forget Iroh? He's another one of the characters I simply love. Despite being from the Fire Nation, and having been a great help for them during the war, he's one of the most kind-hearted and wise people in the whole series. It seems like people's nationality doesn't matter to him at all, which is what I respect him for. I definitely miss him in Legend of Korra :<

pokemonranger109
June 2nd, 2012, 02:13 AM
what sucks is nobody but katara is there in Korra :(

Cid
June 2nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
what sucks is nobody but katara is there in Korra :(
It depresses me, too.
I hear Zuko's still alive, though! Just retired from being a Fire Lord. :3

Oh yeah, how could I forget Iroh? He's another one of the characters I simply love. Despite being from the Fire Nation, and having been a great help for them during the war, he's one of the most kind-hearted and wise people in the whole series. It seems like people's nationality doesn't matter to him at all, which is what I respect him for. I definitely miss him in Legend of Korra :<
I miss him too. Really, I love Iroh. Mako (the honorable namesake of Korra's love interest) did well in voicing him. He's like the perfect uncle or grandpa-- see, he knows what's right for you, gives great advice, has good humour, an open mind coupled with immense wisdom, and isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in. The White Lotus is also a really cool faction to be a leader of sorts for it, and ironically being from the Fire Nation, his past already shows that he's had tons of experiences to be such a noble man. He's a really skilled Firebender, too. I'd love to learn Pai Sho or have a nice chat with him over a warm cup of tea.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 2nd, 2012, 05:16 AM
Oh yea, I forgot about Iroh!

He is up there in my favorite characters for sure. His past was really sad and his mini-episode (Tales of Ba-Sing-Se) was so sad...

I also forgot how much I liked Sokka, even though he could be very block-headed sometimes, "Sparky-Sparky-Boom-Man!"

Cid
June 2nd, 2012, 05:51 AM
He is up there in my favorite characters for sure. His past was really sad and his mini-episode (Tales of Ba-Sing-Se) was so sad...

I also forgot how much I liked Sokka, even though he could be very block-headed sometimes, "Sparky-Sparky-Boom-Man!"
I agree! Especially when they dedicated it to Mako, who recently passed away then. Again, I was referring to the brilliant voice actor. May he rest in peace. But yeah that episode was undoubtedly Iroh's. And Mako really brought an endearing character like Iroh into the show with his magic.

Oh and the meat and sarcasm guy is definitely one of the show's highlights. He has really good lines imo, I mean, whoever writes those must be genius. Not to mention a really cool voice actor, and fittingly wacky animations. It never hurts to have comic relief in a surprisingly mature show like Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Case in point:
*cue serious atmosphere*

Katara: "If you wanna see your daughter again, bring five hundred gold pieces to the arena. It's signed, Xin Fu and The Boulder."
Sokka: "I can't believe it..."

Sokka: "...I HAVE THE BOULDER'S AUTOGRAPH!"
XD;

I wish they at least made a few episodes that detailed Iroh's past. That would have been awesome. A young, badass Iroh stealing the spotlight.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 2nd, 2012, 06:06 AM
That would have been really cool, although I don't think he would have been too much different. Remember the episode Zuko Alone? Even though he was a lot more violent he was still, (as quoted from Azula) "...his royal tea-loving kookiness."

Another thing I just remembered is how sassy LOK is. (spoilers) Like how the cabbage man's great grandson or whatever was still there, and this conversation: (it's been paraphrased)

Jinora: I've been reading some of your past adventures, and they're just amazing. I was wondering... could you tell me what happened to Zuko's mother?
Katara: It's an incredible tale...
Ikki: GRANDMA GRANDMA! (lots of questions)

haha that was so funny, yet incredibly aggravating. >: (

The Void
June 2nd, 2012, 06:19 AM
Username: dragon456
Who is your favorite character? Aang and the Fire Lord Guy :D

pokemonranger109
June 2nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Well also I've got to say when Jet was killed by his own mate. :(
He was doing the right thing when the police people Got him under the lake and brain washed him.:(
Arrow-Man I salute You for Taking out Jet You were destined to :*(

Jellicent♀
June 2nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
So um, I'm totes joining. <3
Username: Jellicent♀

Bolin. BolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolin
Uh, Bolin. Omg, he's so cute, funny as all heck, and he's just amazing and adorable. Teaching Pabu how to do tricks made him even cuter. <3

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 2nd, 2012, 06:49 AM
^^Uhh...

Longshot didn't kill Jet, Long Feng did. And if you're referring to when Long Shot notched an arrow, he was doing it to protect against enemies. (He was pointing it at the door)

Long Feng was such an evil guy, what a manipulative politician he was!

Lilith
June 2nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Thanks everyone for joining! You're all such sweethearts. <3 New episode starts now. xD I will update the first post in a bit. Lot's of good stuff. :)

From A:TLA, hmmm I don't really have a top favorite, but I love Zuko's development. I was definitely rooting for him towards the middle-end of the series.
From LOK, hands down it's Korra. I love Korra's attitude and her quirky facial expressions. She's so buff and headstrong but so hopeless with love, airbending, uh oh teenage vulnerability, hehe. D: She's well-rounded and has a lot of charm and humor from the first series.

Cid
June 2nd, 2012, 07:31 AM
Oh goodness it's airing. So happy this club exists now! Whee.

So um, I'm totes joining. <3
Username: Jellicent♀

Bolin. BolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolinBolin
Uh, Bolin. Omg, he's so cute, funny as all heck, and he's just amazing and adorable. Teaching Pabu how to do tricks made him even cuter. <3
You came! :D /off-topic

Anyway, you're completely right! Bolin is one of the most likeable characters in The Legend of Korra so far, he's just adorable with Pabu, haha. :D

I wonder how things will go for him later in the series. He doesn't seem to have much of a plot line himself except for being Mako's awesome little brother. Hmm... =\

That would have been really cool, although I don't think he would have been too much different. Remember the episode Zuko Alone? Even though he was a lot more violent he was still, (as quoted from Azula) "...his royal tea-loving kookiness."
That could be a problem. But I still think he'd be awesome as the same Iroh (but younger) that people loved from the first series. I was thinking he'd be at least depicted similarly as Roku and Sozin was in The Avatar and The Fire Lord episode. I loved that one. Old Fire Nation guys with huge backstories are always so cool to watch. :)

^^Uhh...

Longshot didn't kill Jet, Long Feng did. And if you're referring to when Long Shot notched an arrow, he was doing it to protect against enemies. (He was pointing it at the door)

Long Feng was such an evil guy, what a manipulative politician he was!
I actually can't remember anything about Jet's storyline, haha. :x He's one of those few recurring characters that people list as their series favourite, though. As odd as it seems to me. XD

I despised Long Feng. I admit the whole feudal turmoil dynamic in the Earth Kingdom is cool but!
I think the Dai Li would have been better off without his manipulative ways. >O

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Thanks everyone for joining! You're all such sweethearts. <3 New episode starts now. xD I will update the first post in a bit. Lot's of good stuff. :)

From A:TLA, hmmm I don't really have a top favorite, but I love Zuko's development. I was definitely rooting for him towards the middle-end of the series.
From LOK, hands down it's Korra. I love Korra's attitude and her quirky facial expressions. She's so buff and headstrong but so hopeless with love, airbending, uh oh teenage vulnerability, hehe. D: She's well-rounded and has a lot of charm and humor from the first series.
Thank you for welcoming us. It's our pleasure to join. :D

And Zuko was really awesome as something of a deuteragonist in the first series. I think they handled his internal conflict pretty well. Especially with the influences of Iroh, Azula and his past all depicted into his own choices as a character.

You couldn't have described Korra any better. I'll just wait for her to get seriously good at Airbending or have a really cool conversation with Aang or activate the Avatar State and I'll like her even more.

Jacinth
June 2nd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Oh, wow! Did anyone else just watch the new episode of LOK?

Serious spoilers for the episode in here! Careful!
I always knew Tarrlok was EVIL. I wonder where he's taking Korra... And I feel so sorry for Asami. Did you see the look she gave Korra when Mako sat with her in the satomobile? I is also sad because Bolin can't eat meat on air temple island. Lol.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 2nd, 2012, 07:39 AM
HAHAHA What? No! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my progression throughout this last episode.

First of all, Korra's reaction to Ikki's comment was the best. I laughed so hard!
And then Tarlock had to be a frickin B*****D and do that thing with the "equalists"!
Tenzin: But you're still the worst! haha
And then Tarlock bloodbending out of freakin nowhere?!?!? And in the flashback, did he kill the original team avatar? And poor Korra!!!! What is going on?!?!?! And KORRA! AVATAR STATE YIP YIP!!!!!!!!
...I hate that guy...
Is he Amon?

Jacinth
June 2nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
HAHAHA What? No! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my progression throughout this last episode.

First of all, Korra's reaction to Ikki's comment was the best. I laughed so hard!
And then Tarlock had to be a frickin B*****D and do that thing with the "equalists"!
Tenzin: But you're still the worst! haha
And then Tarlock bloodbending out of freakin nowhere?!?!? And in the flashback, did he kill the original team avatar? And poor Korra!!!! What is going on?!?!?! And KORRA! AVATAR STATE YIP YIP!!!!!!!!
...I hate that guy...
Is he Amon?

Yeah, I never thought Tenzin would do something like that. He's so serious all the time. And I is also wondering what Tarrlok did to make Aangey mad. And how he bloodbends. Maybe he has met Twi and La or something that gives him special waterbending power? Yeah, I'm excited to see Korra in the Avatar state. She'll kick **s. :)

Jellicent♀
June 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
THIS LAST EPISODE. YES.
TARRLOK TOTALLY KILLED THE PREVIOUS TEAM AVATAR. I JUST KNOW IT. D:
Seriously, I KNOW he's in on the Equalist plan. Good Lord, though, he's a pretty epic water bender. I have to admit. xD
I totally agree with GolurkIsDaBomb, I think he's Amon. Maybe. idk, but I just get this really strong feeling that he has SOMETHING to do with Amon.

Am I the only one who thinks Toph looks kinda hot as a grown-up? As gay as I am I'm just like, "Dang girl."

And Cid: Yes I did! How could I not join a club about the greatest television series ever??? DDDD:

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 2nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Something more to add about the last episode

Finally, some bending!
Let's be honest. As cool as metal-bending and pro-bending are, they just aren't the kind I fell in love with. To me, pro-bending is basically just punching people with elements and the new metalbending is like a souped up version of spiderman's powers.
Plus, so far Korra has appeared a lot weaker in the bending game than normal benders.
But now, we know how strong of a master she is.
As proven by this episode :)

The Fallen
June 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I haven't seen the new episode yet, waiting for nick.com to upload it.

My favorite character:
In A:TLAB I'm fond of the entire cast. They all bring diversity and interesting aspects to the show. Each has their own personal problems and things they need to learn throughout the show. It was really well-rounded and enjoyable to see.

In LoK Bloin and Tenzin are pretty close. I wouldn't say that they are my clear cut winners because there is still so much to go.

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
yaaaaay Avatar fanclub. The thread in C&M was filled with some very unenthusiastic fans and that made me sad. I was gonna make this club if no one else had in a few days. XD;

Username: Lightning
Element: Water (because, you know, it's like the complete opposite of the lightning aspect of the fire element and i can't have my name match my element lmao)

My favourite character? In Avatar it's Katara and in Korra, it's Bolin. I'm not sure which of them I like more.

Last episode:
Honestly, I thought a lot of this episode was boring and I thought a lot of decisions that people made were dumb so it stressed me out a bit. XD;

As I've ranted before in the C&M thread, I think the way pretty much all Benders are handling the non-Benders in Republic City is just silly. I'm glad that the show is finally shedding light on the fact that the Benders are being just as extremist as a lot of the Equalists. It's a lot more obvious now that the city is ramping up measures against innocent non-Benders. Hopefully from here on out, Korra + others will realize that giving non-Benders more say/rights/whatever is going to be what stabilizes the city again and that's what the rest of the series will be fighting for.

slkdfksl Tarrlock was seriously scaring me though. ;_;

Jacinth
June 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
While we're talking about episodes, what is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?
From ATLA, my favorite is The Cave of Two Lovers. Besides the fact that Chang is so fabulous, this episode is really funny and romantic. :)

From LoK, that's a hard one, since the series just began. But I'd probably have to say Welcome to Republic City, because it's funny to watch Tenzin get mad and to see Bolin flirt with Korra. :) I also like the homeless guy in the bush. XD

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 2nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
From ATLA my favorite is probably The Ember Island Players. Even though I love so many episodes, especially more serious ones, this one was just so great because it you could tell the creators were having fun.

My favorite episode from LOK is actually the most recent one, (spoilers perhaps?) because of how funny it was and then how intense it became, I got very angry at my Tv which doesn't really happen unless people on the shows I watch are being incredibly stupid.

Cherrim
June 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I think my favourite episode of ATLA was either the double episode The Boiling Rock where Sokka and Zuko invade that prison or else the recap episode The Ember Island Players. I looove when shows do creative series recaps instead of clip episodes. :D

My favourite episode of LOK so far was A Leaf in the Wind. I liked how well it contrasted Aang and Korra while she was trying her best to learn air bending. xD; I also loved how she met the Fire Ferrets and got involved with them.

pokemonranger109
June 2nd, 2012, 08:14 PM
One of my other favorite episodes in Avatar is the invasion on the palace when the fire lord Ozi isnt there..
And in Korra the newest episode I just finished.

At the end Councilmen Tarlock shows Korra he's a Blood Bender and cn bend non-full moon.

The Fallen
June 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
My favorite episodes from TLAB are "The Blue Spirit" and "Sozin's Comet, Part 2: The Old Masters". The Blue Spirit episode was so amazing because of all the action and excitement. I loved how it showed Zuko in a new light as well. The Old Masters was interesting for the fact of introducing a new form of bending, one that ultimately helped Aang cope with having to face and defeat Ozai because he wouldn't have to kill him.

Lance
June 2nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Fave Chars:

ATLA - Iroh. THE DRAGON OF THE WEST.

LOK - Mako. In addition to being a fire bender, I love his charming and polite personality. XD

CarefulWetPaint
June 3rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
I dont have a favourite episode because I cant remember things that well.. xD.
More importantly...
Latest Episode:

I agree with you guys TARLOCK Definitely has a lil something something going on with Amon, I dont think that they are the same people, maybe brothers though! That'd be interesting.. Because it makes no sense that hes trying to take in all those people who did nothing wrong as it OBVIOUSLY just stirs the pot and gives the Equalists more people willing to join them because the benders can be scene oppressing them.
Tenzin getting mad was funny though, as well as Ikki saying Korra likes Mako.

And Tarlock is way to boss at bending, srsly? No moon blood bending? He hax!

The Fallen
June 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Finally saw the newest episode. Thoughts:
Tarlock was annoying the whole episode - like a kid in a candy store willing to do what ever necessary to get what he wants. I thought that the episode was good as a whole. And I'm glad that they are addressing Korra's avatar state issues.

Olli
June 3rd, 2012, 08:49 AM
No favourite episode here, because they're all pretty darn amazing :p

My god, I hated Tarlock in this episode. It was just pretty frustrating seeing all those people following his orders, capturing innocent non-benders, without considering whether it was right or wrong. Well, they may have considered it, but hell. Just annoying to see no one would even shift sides when it was so clear that what they were doing was wrong. That, as well as at the council meeting or whatever it was.
At the end when Korra confronted him, I just really felt like he was Amon, and well. The bloodbending powers could add up with the fact that Amon can take away people's bending in some way or another?

The Fallen
June 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
No favourite episode here, because they're all pretty darn amazing :p

My god, I hated Tarlock in this episode. It was just pretty frustrating seeing all those people following his orders, capturing innocent non-benders, without considering whether it was right or wrong. Well, they may have considered it, but hell. Just annoying to see no one would even shift sides when it was so clear that what they were doing was wrong. That, as well as at the council meeting or whatever it was.
At the end when Korra confronted him, I just really felt like he was Amon, and well. The bloodbending powers could add up with the fact that Amon can take away people's bending in some way or another?
I agree with what you said in your spoiler. There was a moment there where I felt the same but came to the conclusion that it can't be. It would ruin the series I feel.

Olli
June 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I see where you're getting at, but who knows? Plot twists lie around every corner nowadays, so it could even be that the equalists weren't even the real threat. Not likely, but just an example. Either way, I do agree with you. They may just have set it up as a throw-off for the fans :p

Ardos
June 3rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joining! :D

Username: Toshiro.

Favorite Character:
ATLA: Azula. I loved her. She was so nasty and a great antagonist for the series <3
Korra: Bolin. He is really funny xD He reminds me of Sokka.

Favorite Episode:
ATLA: SOZINS COMET. That was an AMAZING finale. Everything about it was awesome. All four parts.
Korra: I'd have to say the pilot. I loved the intro, and how Korra travels to Republic City. Also Katara :)

The Fallen
June 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
I can see the idea behind it. I actually feel it's a bit typical; the corrupt politician who manipulates things to gain power. I also don't like the fact that they are making Korra look so weak and fragile. Hopefully she starts to learn more about her avatar powers soon!

-Grayscale-
June 3rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Username: -Grayscale-
LEMME IN SUCKAS

Jk. Huge fan of this show uh mah gawd <3

Favorite Character: King Bumi
Didn't show up often but I always thought he was funny ;o;

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
^^ Oh Bumi, I loved him so much

"One of you is missing, someone very important...WHERE'S MOMO?!?!?!?!" <-paraphrased

Speaking of animals, what was your favorite animal cross from the series?
Mine would be Foofoocuddlypoops, a.k.a. a sabertooth-moose-lion, though all the crosses were cool. (like ostrich-horses!)

Jacinth
June 3rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
YES! FOO FOO CUDDLYPOOPS!

He is officially my favorite animal EVER.

But other than that....
turtle ducks
http://mimg.ugo.com/201008/55767/cuts/turtle-duck_144x144.jpg

and
purple pentapus!
http://mimg.ugo.com/201008/55752/cuts/purple-pentapus_144x144.jpg
They're so cute and squishy! :D

The Fallen
June 3rd, 2012, 10:20 PM
I love all the hybrids that they created. Each so unique but not too farfetched. My favorite is the lion-turtle though; such a giant, strong, gentle creature!

Netto Azure
June 4th, 2012, 03:47 AM
I was bloodbended to walk over here and join. ;_;

LOL yeah add me.

Cid
June 4th, 2012, 05:53 AM
From a few posts back:
While we're talking about episodes, what is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?
For the first series, I'd go with The Crossroads of Destiny for just ending probably the best book of the three with a bang. Katara and Zuko's interactions, Aang teaming up with Iroh, the old man and Azula being badass in general, twists here and there, I could just go on. I love that episode to bits, it started well, it ended very emotionally and just packed a lot of action scenes and bending that we all love.

For Korra, it has to be the most recent one, When Extremes Meet. Not saying why, but it was just a throwback to the badass antics of the original series when the whole team proves how epic they are in battle. All that coupled with twists, mystery and villainy, oh and less pro-bending. Don't get me wrong, I liked the sport, just not as much as regular bending fights. And speaking of regular bending fights, there's a whole lot in this episode, which is why I liked it so much.

As for the current discussion, favourite hybrids would be the badgermoles. They're really cool because they can Earthbend, and seemed docile in Toph's flashback. I'd like to pet one. Polar bear dogs come at a close second, though. For animals unique to the series, I simply love Appa, and flying bison in general.

Oh hi Netto. :D

@Jellicent:
Of course, that makes not joining even more abhorrent!
Although somehow I never doubted you'd make it here. /anyway off-topic again

TheFallenUmbreon
June 4th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? I'd personally say Blood Bending, for obvious reasons. How about for Survival?

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 4th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I think all the elements are equally lethal in combat, and I think they do a pretty good job portraying that.

Lighting = Razor Sharp Water Attack = Boulder = Air Blast Of Doom.

However, since the only airbending we've really seen is by Aang and like all airbenders he is a pacifist, airbending doesn't really appear as lethal as say fire-bending which is mostly portrayed in negative, violent connotations through ATLA and also a bit in LOK. The same is pretty true for earth bending. I really think it depends on the skill of the bender, if an extra technique is involved (lightening, metal, blood) or if the bender is trying to kill their opponent.

In terms of survival, I'd say waterbending since survival is all about adapting and that's pretty much the description of waterbending. :)

CarefulWetPaint
June 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival?

Well from watching ATLA I would have to say that fire as an element is probably the most dangerous as they basically took over the whole world while Aang was out.
I think that the most lethal would have to be blood bending though as it gives basically total control over anyone which would definitely give you the advantage in combat.

I think earth or water would probably be the best for survival though so that'd probably be it.

Cid
June 5th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat?
Assuming everything is available, the combatants are at their peaks and have the moon/sun/comet/whatever for them, and any possible feat can be performed, then I'd say Waterbending. Bloodbending is just too much, I believe you can even morbidly disintegrate a person with it. D; It also stops the person's tracks, and disables you from performing bending movements, so even if you can spontaneously blow up people like Combustion Man, it can still be more easily avoided.

How about for Survival?
Ehh, I'll go with Firebending. Waterbending most of the time needs a sufficient water source in combat, and traditionally a full moon to perform Bloodbending. Earthbending also needs a source, and being rid of that pretty much screws you. That leaves Airbending, which could be weakened with thin air or vacuum, but I think its defensive nature and the mobility it gives can be good for survival. Firebending gets both offense and defense, I think, and being able to spontaneously produce flames makes a skilled user difficult to incapacitate. Unless sub-zero temperatures can affect them similar to not having a bending source (I think The Boiling Rock episode kinda proved that so I dunno).

The Fallen
June 5th, 2012, 06:06 AM
It's hard to say between peak fire bending and peak water bending. Lightning has proven to be deadly if it strikes you. Aang would have died if Katara hadn't healed him immediately. On the other side of things, blood bending is insanely deadly. Being able to immobilize your opponent and cripple them is scary. I would say lightning wins out though because it is easier to access... Unless you're Tarrlok who can blood bend at will.

~Harmony
June 6th, 2012, 09:16 PM
I love Avatar (as you can probably tell).

~Harmony

As for the most dangerous element, I would say the peak of any element is equally deadly. And that makes me wonder: why is there a peak for waterbending and firebending, the side of metalbending for earthbenders, but nothing really extreme for airbending (besides the gliding and air scooter and all that). I wonder if the absence is supposed to show that peaceful side of airbending that Aang greatly shows throughout the series instead of as a "deadly" element.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 7th, 2012, 12:02 PM
^^ Yes! I've always wondered this as well.

My thinking is that since airbenders aren't really represented a whole ton in either series that it just hasn't really been introduced since each team avatar hasn't met a ton of airbenders.

Remember though, in the original series, metal-bending/blood-bending were invented/known only to very few while manipulating lightning was only taught to the royals of the fire nation.

Plus, the thing mentioned above about how airbenders are pacifists. I'd never thought of that before!

RANDOM FACT OF THIS POST: Dee Bradley Baker, the voice of the animals of the avatar world also voices the nefarious Tarrlock!

~Harmony
June 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Korra might find a deadly side of airbending. It might be the only way she ever learns it..... by turning it aggresive like her and the rest of her bending haha.

Lilith
June 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Welcome, new members! Thank you kindly for joining. Be sure to tell all your Avatar-loving friends to swing by here! :D

"One of you is missing, someone very important...WHERE'S MOMO?!?!?!?!" <-paraphrased

Speaking of animals, what was your favorite animal cross from the series?
Mine would be Foofoocuddlypoops, a.k.a. a sabertooth-moose-lion, though all the crosses were cool. (like ostrich-horses!)
<3 Foo Foo Cuddlypoops's easily my favorite hybrid of the series! He's just too adorable and unforgettable. Also, Sokka named him probably the most random pet name, too. :3

A:TLA Favorite Ep: Oh man there's so many amazing episodes. I did quite like the Northern Water Tribe end in Book 1. YuexSokka was so cute. Yue had an interesting (but sad!) backstory. I love the Yin Yang fishies... They're so melodic to watch. I like it when Aang combines forces with the ocean spirit. >:D
LOK Favorite Ep: I love 'And the Winner Is...' First, the announcer keeps talking even as the Equalists are ambushing the arena. Second, Pabu is such a cutie when he saves the gang! More importantly, I develop a newfound love for Lin. She's so epic in the last 5-10 minutes. I really love how she works together with Korra. LIN<3

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? I'd personally say Blood Bending, for obvious reasons. How about for Survival?
Firebending, for me. You can still attack even if you're out of water or earth... You can also breathe it so in a desperate struggle, you don't need to 'bend' or motion it. Firebending does seem to be affected by mood, though?
For survival purposes, I see Waterbending as very helpful. You can heal yourself, I suppose reduce your chances of drowning, and travel on water. Water is everywhere. :D

As for the most dangerous element, I would say the peak of any element is equally deadly. And that makes me wonder: why is there a peak for waterbending and firebending, the side of metalbending for earthbenders, but nothing really extreme for airbending (besides the gliding and air scooter and all that). I wonder if the absence is supposed to show that peaceful side of airbending that Aang greatly shows throughout the series instead of as a "deadly" element.
I wonder about this a lot too... Is it possible to bend the air in a person's lungs? Crush the air around a person? Airbending can be deadly but I do like the creative (non-violent!) ways airbenders show off their powers - gliding and air spheres! You know how fast Tenzin got to the pro-bending arena when he found out Korra sneaked out to it? :o hehe

Korra might find a deadly side of airbending. It might be the only way she ever learns it..... by turning it aggresive like her and the rest of her bending haha.
I know right! This may be the only way she airbends. :( Tomorrow's episode shall shed some light on this! link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hvPrb-lQJ4)

And another preview: link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_r2QJBtzoU)

I CANNOT WAIT

gunnerpow7
June 9th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joining!

Username: gunnerpow7
Element: Grass! Water! =3

What is your favorite episode from ATLA and LOK so far?

Um... I would say the whole Sozin's Comet arc and The Avatar and the Fire Lord.

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series?

Turtle Ducks! They are so cute tbh... =3

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during
combat? How about for survival?

I would say Fire for all. It is destructive in nature. It lingers, scars, and other things that I haven't mentioned.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 9th, 2012, 05:53 AM
I know right! This may be the only way she airbends. :( Tomorrow's episode shall shed some light on this! link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hvPrb-lQJ4)

And another preview: link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_r2QJBtzoU)

I CANNOT WAIT

The last line sums up my feelings EXACTLY. And the second preview struck more of a chord with me than the first one. TARRRRRRRRLLLLLLLOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to not like him, not like him at all.

Also, I realized I do have another favorite episode from A:TLA Appa's Lost Days. *tearbends*
Which leads me to another question, what do you think was the saddest moment in either series?

RANDOM FACT OF THIS POST: The first season of korra is set to end on June 23, the day BW2 is released!

Lilith
June 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM
JUNE 23RD YEAHH

What do you think was the saddest moment in either series?
Hmm I can't remember a particular sad scene, but I did feel for Aang when he discovered Monk Gyatso's fate. It truly sucks for someone's Aang's age to have to go through such turmoil. As for Korra, I find episodes more epic than sad, so far.

Episode 9! Oh lordy!
Bloodbending is soooo super creepy aaa who's going to save Korra?!

Meelo is so adorable, lol.

I can't believe Tarrlok staged the whole thing and blamed the Equalists. x_x

Lin busts out the gang! OMFG bolin hahaha omfg

OLDER TOPH AND AANG TWINKLETOES

You should be in the hospital and you should be in prison... rofl Tenzin.

Oh my lord they're kinda on a wild goose chase. x_x So painful to watch them all be heroic when Korra's not even underground.

Oh man Mako is kind of too noticeable... Why did Asami tell you, Bolin?

I'm so glad Tenzin figured it out D; OMG rude, Tarrlok. Wahh why does Tarrlok have LOK in his name? >.<

how did they get so much done in 12 minutes lol? :3

Sokka on the council! So... are the criminal and Aang bloodbending? BLAH

Thank goodness for that assistant... HOLY BUCKETS OF WATER

OMG Aang took his bending away... :x!

HOLY AMON

Korra is so smart omg Amon what you gonna do girl

now this is sad ;____;

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Ahhhh! This episode! I'll just put my thoughts since TwilightBlade summed it up

Yay korra! You're finally getting closer to the avatar state! And the voice-actors for the older versions of the Aang Gaang were good, they still had the same tone in their voice. How is the bloodbending every day thing working? Answers needed! Who is Amon, and how come Tarrlock wasn't working with him? Good job snowboarding korra, lol. Aww Naga! lol Bolin and poor Asami!

Lilith
June 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
You call that a summary? I was mostly squealing..

The voice overs were good too.

I had thought Aang was bloodbending too a bit, judging from the way he raised his hand. Now, I believe only Yakone was bloodbending during that whole flashback.

Tarrlok had his own weird agenda, but Amon took his bending away. Uh oh!

The whole trial flashback showed us that a 'unique bender' can arise. Yakone magically developed the ability to bloodbend (without the full moon) the same way Amon magically developed the ability to take away bending forever? magical magical ?? Amon is a bender...? Did Aang teach anyone. You're right, we have a lot of questions. D;

Tarrlok cannot support Amon, because Tarrlok's daddy had his bending removed... Umm! No wonder Tarrlok looked enraged when Korra compared him to Amon.

EDIT: WAIT. Aang took Tarrlok's dad's bending away, so that's why Tarrlok is against Avatar Korra...?

Falling Wishes
June 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Username: Falling Wishes
Element: Earth <3
I would watch The Last Airbender before Korra all the time, I thought the show was superb! But when Korra came out, it was MIND BLOWING! And now they have steel bending and O_O Blood bending! Here's a picture of my favorite character!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/storenvy/product_photos/835717/button_bolin_large.jpg

Jacinth
June 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I'm really sad that it's ending so soon. :( I WANT MORE KORRA
Ohmygoodness.... The end of the episode.... I was just squeeing... Mako wuz totally... Ah, I don't even know how to describe it!
SO MANY FEELS ALL AT ONCE. I don't know what to do.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2hgv1gqXK1qlh9ks.gif

Gonzo
June 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Wow... today's episode. So awesome... I'm still impressed and I want more!

WHAAAAA?! Either Amon is in avatar state or he has no blood in his body. I don't know what going on. WOW!

I like how Korra gets memories of Aang instead talking to him like it was with Aang's visions.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Aang took Tarrlok's dad's bending away, so that's why Tarrlok is against Avatar Korra...?
I think Tarrlok was just trying to gain power by taking over the council, and that he was against Korra cuz she was getting in his way. I also like how it was Amon who came to Korra's rescue. How did he get there so quickly? I have a feeling the spirits are involved, with Tarrlock's special power and with Amon's.

And who has the bright idea to let the kid of an evil special bloodbender on the council that controls the capital of the avatar world?!

*I'm half-joking with the previous sentence. Everyone deserves to be treated fairly no matter what their parentage. *Grumble*
RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: Toph'es bending style was based on Chu Gar Southern Praying Mantis Kung Fu, while all other earthbenders earbending was based on Hu Gar Kung Fu

Altairis
June 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
asfdsdgds avatar club <3

I'd love to join;
Username: Lapras*

I am literally so excited for next week's episode. needmorekorra.

CarefulWetPaint
June 9th, 2012, 10:56 PM
This week episode was great!

Okay so Korra FINALLY had a spiritual connection.. thing with Aang and he showed her what happened before! That was cool, it was also cool to see how awesome Aang had gotten as he had gotten older, all like Kabammmo!
I think its good that Turlock lost his bending but saying that.. WHAT THE HELL IS AMON! Hes just like, bloodbending, PFFT come at me bro, oh wait you can't tots just stole your bending from you. Suck it. It was epic.
Also Korra x Mako yays, so cute at the end but Asami is getting epic jealous!!

Olli
June 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'm really sad that it's ending so soon. :( I WANT MORE KORRA
Ohmygoodness.... The end of the episode.... I was just squeeing... Mako wuz totally... Ah, I don't even know how to describe it!
SO MANY FEELS ALL AT ONCE. I don't know what to do.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2hgv1gqXK1qlh9ks.gif
Isn't it just the first season that's ending. I don't hope it's the entire series, because then it'd be waaay too short.

Anyways, episode talk.

This has got to be my favourite episode so far. It just felt like this episode was much long than the usual 20-ish minutes and stuff, and it was just so exciting. A lot of questions were also raised in this, where most of them already have been said, so I'm not gonna go into detail.

I'm glad that Amon took Tarrlok's bending away, because that stuff was freaking scary. Still freaking out by all the scary faces that were made while bloodbending D: Hopefully Tarrlok was the only with the special bloodbending ablities left alive.

Also, it seems that special bending powers are hereditary, since Tarrlok inherited the bloodbending-at-all-times power from Yakone. Also, it appears that taking away someone's bending only disables it, so they still have the bending powers, they just can't access them, and it still goes down to their children. Seems like that would be a problem for Amon, 'cause even if he took away everyone's bending, it would just come back with the next generation, and he obviously can't live forever, so benders would just return, and everything would be like it was before. The only way that could be prevented would be if the children that Amon is never gonna get, because he's a villain and needs to be defeated before the series end, would inherit the power to take away people's bending, and would stay on their father's side, and continue to do the stuff, or if Amon somehow developed it from how Aang did it, and fully took away the bending power.

Gonzo
June 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
@Olli97
What if Tarlokk was born before his father lost his bending and he taught his son bloodbending when he was still a bender?
Damn! Your theory is good! I'm pretty sure that taking bending away is just some kind of Chi blocking not actual taking it away? And I'm still amazed by Amon taking bloodbending like Aang in Avatar State... Also, Avatar can take one's bending only in the avatar state. *sigh* New eps will tell.

Olli
June 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
@Gonz0
Well that would make more sense, though according to the wiki, Tarrlok was born 5 years after the event, so it doesn't quite add up. However, I don't even know where they got that information from, so it's still a possibility.

CarefulWetPaint
June 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Umm.. Theres still 3 episodes left in this season guys.. Don't start worrying yet! Its already got a second season confirmed as well so ya!

Yes gonzo who the hell is he! Why did he just brush off the blood bending?

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 10th, 2012, 05:16 PM
About the non-stop bloodbending, I have no clue. About Amon however...

He could just be an energy bender. You don't have to be the avatar to do it, and maybe he learned from the lion turtle/a spirit? He touches the person in the same two places, and it was revealed you don't have to twig out and erupt colors of light (when Aang energy bent Yakone)... as for Tarrlock. Well, I'm just glad he can't bend any more.

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: The forms and styles used by bloodbenders are very similar to how a manipulator controls a marionette, in particular the hand shape and movements.

ソラ
June 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
About the non-stop bloodbending, I have no clue. About Amon however...

He could just be an energy bender. You don't have to be the avatar to do it, and maybe he learned from the lion turtle/a spirit? He touches the person in the same two places, and it was revealed you don't have to twig out and erupt colors of light (when Aang energy bent Yakone)... as for Tarrlock. Well, I'm just glad he can't bend any more.

RANDOM FACT OF THE POST: The forms and styles used by bloodbenders are very similar to how a manipulator controls a marionette, in particular the hand shape and movements.

Here is a theory I read on the internet, and I agree with it in some points

What if, Amon is an avatar. Remember in A:TLA Season 2, When Aang was in his Avatar State, that Azula killed Aang. If you die in your avatar state, The avatar will cease to exist. But Katara brought him back to life, what if it split the avatar into half, as in Korra got the Element side, and Amon could have the Spiritual Side. Thus is why Amon can Energy bend, and talk with the spirits, while Korra can use the Elements except her Airbending, and she has trouble with the spiritual side of being the avatar? Its only a theory. you never know, creators can be pretty sneaky.

~Harmony
June 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM
That theory is crazy, but I guess anything could be true for this series.

Season finale?! Already?! Here's something funny I just thought about.

Tenzin's wife said in the first episode how happy she would be to have a
non-bender in the family. She's talking about the baby, but I wonder if
this is forshadowing one of her children losing their bending to Amon. In the
preview for the finale, it shows that the Equalists have defaced Aang's statue,
which could mean they also have raided the island Tenzin's family lives on. It
would be very ironic, wouldn't it, for there to be a non-bender, just as she
wished. Crazy theory but possible I guess. I hope it doesn't come true!

Altairis
June 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
What if, Amon is an avatar. Remember in A:TLA Season 2, When Aang was in his Avatar State, that Azula killed Aang. If you die in your avatar state, The avatar will cease to exist. But Katara brought him back to life, what if it split the avatar into half, as in Korra got the Element side, and Amon could have the Spiritual Side. Thus is why Amon can Energy bend, and talk with the spirits, while Korra can use the Elements except her Airbending, and she has trouble with the spiritual side of being the avatar?

Ohwow, that's a pretty crazy theory but it does make sense in some ways. I think that might be unlikely though, idk how to explain it but if Amon had access to the spirits then I don't think he would be as... bad. Or maybe... not all the spirits are good and Amon is being influenced by the evil spirits?

Also, what do you guys think the next season will be called, if Korra has mastered all of the elements by the end of season 1?

~Harmony
June 11th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Also, what do you guys think the next season will be called, if Korra has mastered all of the elements by the end of season 1?

I don't think she will this season. I think this season is just about her mastering the spiritual side of being the Avatar with the next season being Airbending. In that case, I have no idea why they would title this book "Air" when she has barely been working on Airbending.

Season Finale?! Already?! I thought of an interesting turn of events that could take place:
In the first episode, Tenzin's wife said how she would love to have a nonbender
in the family. She was talking about the baby, but what if Amon came and took
one of the kid's airbending away? After all, in the preview, it showed Aang's
statue defaced, which probably means the Equalists took over where Tenzin's
family lives. That would be very ironic if her wish came true by the hands of
Amon. I hope it doesn't happen!

Edit: I see my post from last night actually made it on here. Oops. Well, I guess you have a duplicate of my theory now.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Here is a theory I read on the internet, and I agree with it in some points

What if, Amon is an avatar. Remember in A:TLA Season 2, When Aang was in his Avatar State, that Azula killed Aang. If you die in your avatar state, The avatar will cease to exist. But Katara brought him back to life, what if it split the avatar into half, as in Korra got the Element side, and Amon could have the Spiritual Side. Thus is why Amon can Energy bend, and talk with the spirits, while Korra can use the Elements except her Airbending, and she has trouble with the spiritual side of being the avatar? Its only a theory. you never know, creators can be pretty sneaky.

This seems pretty crazy lol, but it kind of makes sense. However, this makes Amon 70 years old, which I just don't think he is. It's true that he could be, but I think the real reason is a little less of a conspiracy lol. I found a crazy theory about zuko being amon...

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Amon+Theory.+this+is+a+theory.+i+really+hope+is_51a6ac_3743367.jpg (http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/51/a6/51a6ac_3743367.jpg)

Altairis
June 11th, 2012, 12:24 PM
No not zuko ;_;

he just finally became good. D:

Sheep
June 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
aaaa so many awesome clubs I'm missing ;__;

Username: Cirno

Been so into Korra lately. Considering rewatching the original Avatar again since I'm reliving my addiction. \o/

ソラ
June 11th, 2012, 07:32 PM
This seems pretty crazy lol, but it kind of makes sense. However, this makes Amon 70 years old, which I just don't think he is. It's true that he could be, but I think the real reason is a little less of a conspiracy lol. I found a crazy theory about zuko being amon...

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Amon+Theory.+this+is+a+theory.+i+really+hope+is_51a6ac_3743367.jpg (http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/51/a6/51a6ac_3743367.jpg)

Nah, but if he is 70 its possible, look at Bumi in Avatar the Last Airbender, he was around 112 years old when he reunited with Aang. So it is possible, but you never know. Let see how the creators draw this out in the future episodes :3. Im so glad Korra isn't one of those flopped failed Spin offs, Im glad it is succeeding, The creators got major talent to pull this series as a whole, I do hope they make new series, not in the avatar series, but in a different type of genre :3

CarefulWetPaint
June 11th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I don't think Amon would be Zuko, I think thats going a bit crazy. I think Amon is a new character.. possibly Im not counting out anything though, I dont have enough information too!

I agree, they have done a fantastic job with Korra and its definitely standing on its own feet really well and isnt some second rate spin off that ruins everyones view on the series. A lot of talent in the team working on Korra indeed!

~Harmony
June 14th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Here's something I've noticed. Zuko's eyes really symbolized his family-- him, Azula, and Ozai had the same ones. Mako also has these same eyes. I wonder if by crazy chance he's a descendant. He wouldn't be Zuko's grandson because he is reported to have had only a daughter. But maybe one of Mako's parents is the child of Azula's, or even crazier: Ozai. Then that child married an Earthbender to have a variety of different benders in the family much like Aang's did.

It's a wild guess, but I'm really curious what kind of parents Mako and Bolin had. I'm hoping they bring it out of the shadows like they did for Katara's mother.

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Mako-Official.jpg (http://sot.ag/MzkyNDAz/)
http://www.julianahaygert.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Zuko.png

Lance
June 15th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Here's something I've noticed. Zuko's eyes really symbolized his family-- him, Azula, and Ozai had the same ones. Mako also has these same eyes. I wonder if by crazy chance he's a descendant. He wouldn't be Zuko's grandson because he is reported to have had only a daughter. But maybe one of Mako's parents is the child of Azula's, or even crazier: Ozai. Then that child married an Earthbender to have a variety of different benders in the family much like Aang's did.

It's a wild guess, but I'm really curious what kind of parents Mako and Bolin had. I'm hoping they bring it out of the shadows like they did for Katara's mother.

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Mako-Official.jpg (http://sot.ag/MzkyNDAz/)
http://www.julianahaygert.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Zuko.png

I actually wouldn't be too surprised by that. Would add an interesting back story as to how/why Mako's parents were killed too.

Lilith
June 16th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Hmm firebenders usually have gold eyes... (or maybe it's a royal-only thing?).

I got the feeling this is gonna be a fierce episode...

Oh my lord, Equalists ambush Council members and then Tenzin! Republic City is under attack! Relationship problems between MakoxAsami... Pema may go into labor... Tenzin asked Lin to take care of the kids, rofl. I love the scene between Lin and Meelo. :)

Korra doesn't know how to drive, haha. She did a terrible parking job with the car after the other Krew members got arrested.

Mechas are very scary! Teznin is EPIC OMG this is so sad eoshdihf this episode is giving me chills

OMG THE BABY IS COMING WHILE EQUALISTS AMBUSH AIR TEMPLE ISLAND

BRB CRYING LIN

ZUKO'S VOICE??

CarefulWetPaint
June 17th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Maybe its just the fire bending power that gives them the golden eyes?

OOOH this episode was pretty good! Asami and Mako getting all up and fighty because of Korra, so cute, KORRA IS TOTALLY WINNING!

Korra is definitely the best driver in the world.. :P

Tenzin is definitely a boss with the air bending. Hes all like PEW PEW WIND THAT DOES DAMAGE, WHAT IS UPPPP!

The end was great as well, all the fighting was good then they saved the air temple. After that they were running and winning! The Lin goes all heroin and then gets taken and loses her bending. MY GOD!

Also the big army of the general or whatever it was, AWESOME!

Netto Azure
June 17th, 2012, 04:52 AM
ZOMG THIS EPISODE. All the councilmembers except Tenzin caught.

TOTAL WAR MANG

GENERAL Iroh? OBV ZUKO'S GRANDSON OR SOMETHING. As for Mako...yeah. :>

Anyways the next episode is going to be BEAST!

~Harmony
June 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM
General Iroh?! I wonder if Zuko had a son later in his life. It would make
more sense that he would name him Iroh than maybe his child.

Baby's finally born. Welcome to the crazy Avatar World, Rohan!

Lin probably captured most heroic move of the season. That was an awesome
sacrifice she made for Korra and Tenzin's family.

Zet
June 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Username: Zet
Element: Avatar

Fav character:
LoA: Sokka
LoK: Amon and Bolin.

Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat?:
Air bending. You could form a bubble around someone's head and cut them off from getting any oxygen, and of course you could probably do sound bending to be a super ninja. After that, it would definitely be blood bending.

A lot of fire benders from the fire nation have gold eyes, so it's not a royalty thing.

fiOWNya
June 17th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Username: fiOWNya

Haven't watched the more recent episodes, but am currently rewatching the old seasons... such a great show! It's one of the things that, other than Pokémon, has really gotten me into animes again.

Ariel Winter
June 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Username: Ariel Winter
Element: Wind

Just caught up on Legend of Korra. My guess is the season finale ends with Korra meeting a air bender nobody knows exists and a Zuko cameo. Just a wild guess since I guess taking on Amon will be next season. I loved how the kids fought. Meelo gave a new meaning to the term "Passing Wind"

~Ryukaa
June 19th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Username: ~Ryukaa
Element: Water.

So, the Season finale is this weekend, right? Pretty pumped. It's going to be awesome.
I wonder if they're going to have a second "book" for Season 2, or just keep it 'Air'. o3o

Lilith
June 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
@~Harmony
Zuko had a daughter, who then had a son. General Iroh is Zuko's grandson. It would mean a lot more for him to have a son named Iroh, but ah... The cast needs a new 20-30 year old male, hooray! :D

Rohan has green eyes like Pema - so, a non-bender? He could still be an airbender, but with green eyes, woah. :)

@Zet: Thanks for joining!... Unforunately, you can't join as the Avatar. :P I stuck you in teh water group for now! Don't you wanna make popsicles with me?

@fiOWNya: Welcome aboard! ATLA and LOK are beautifully animated American television series. They're so amazing, they do remind me of anime!

@Ariel Winter: Thanks for joining! I'm really excited for the ending... I cannot wait until like, 2013, for the next book. :(!

@~Ryukaa: Awesome, thanks for joining the club. Yup, episodes 11 and 12 will air this 23rd. Then we have to wait for the next Book, which I have no idea about, haha.

Here's a pretty awesome interview about the season finale! link (http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/06/19/the-legend-of-korra-creators-preview-the-finale/)

!!!
---
The penultimate episode had the surprise appearance of General Iroh. What can you tell us about him? Are we going to see more of him in the future?

Konietzko: Yeah, he’s in the finale. Just so we’re clear—he’s Zuko’s grandson, not his son. I think there was some speculation about whether he was his son or grandson. It is his grandson. He’s voiced by Dante Basco. The idea behind him was to have a swashbuckling hero-type guy. He’s the youngest general in the United Forces which is kind of the U.N. of the “Avatar” world now. We just thought it would be a fun way to tie in the legacy of Zuko without having Zuko be present there.

---
How many seasons do you see yourselves doing “Korra” and when will there be a decision on a third season?

Konietzko: Those aren’t really the decisions that we make. I see that with the fans too. I think they think Mike and I pick the show up and greenlight it. That’s not the way it works.

DiMartino: We have story ideas for past book two. So we will see if and when those stories come to light.

(Well, now I know why people on tumblr called Iroh II a swashbuckler, haha. Random, much?).

Zet
June 20th, 2012, 07:30 AM
That does sound like fun :D

Also about the end of episode 10:
General Iroh is Bumi's(Aang's and Katara's first born son) and Zuko's daughter's son. You can tell since he's wearing the same neck thing Bumi was seen wearing in that family tree picture.

~Harmony
June 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM
That does sound like fun :D

Also about the end of episode 10:

General Iroh is Bumi's(Aang's and Katara's first born
son) and Zuko's daughter's son. You can tell since he's wearing the same neck
thing Bumi was seen wearing in that family tree picture.

Alright, I didn't hear about that. I wonder then if Zuko's daughter or Aang's
son was greatly influenced by Iroh (the first). If so, I hope they go a little
deeper in that relationship.

A part of me kind of wants Rohan to be another Airbender. I dunno why, but I
think it would be adorable if had those cute green eyes of Pema's and the
Airbending tattoos and Tenzin's airbending ability. Plus just for the whole
"rebuilding the Air Nomad Race" deal.

Ugh, one more season isn't enough to seriously go into depth with all the
Legend of Korra characters like they did with the Last Airbender characters.
Another season, please? :)

Mr. Downstairs
June 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Mostly everything I predicted would happen happened. I am satisfied! I need season two in my life.

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 23rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
That was so intense! They did a really good job making it seem like team avatar was going to lose, which most good/bad stories aren't able to do. I loved Amon's back-story. My reaction to Tarrlock blowing up the boat was: "Oh. Awwww." (I actually felt bad for Amon). I liked General Iroh. And Asami, THANK YOU for finally getting rid of your stupid father. NAGA RULEZ! I liked the endng, finally some Aang/airbending, though I still want Korra to go into the spirit world/chill out with Koh. Poor Asami at the end. And yay for Lin getting her bending back. When Amon was gonna take Tenzin + his kids' airbending away, I was so sad! And I really love how bloodbending/metalbending didn't just disappear after the first series. It shows the creators really think things through. SEASON TWO Y U NO COME YET?!

*sorry this is really scrambled, it's just how my thoughts are after all that info was absorbed.

PRISON BREAK!

~Harmony
June 23rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Alright, that was great!
Pretty everything I thought would happen happened but in a wierd way.

I thought this whole season it was odd that Amon claimed to be a nonbender, but technically used bending (the energybending). I always wondered how he could do it, because I knew the "granted by the Gods" stuff was stupid. I guessed he had a secret,but I didn't guess he was a water and bloodbender. That and his family ties were a bit shocking.

I did not guess that Korra would actually ever have her bending taken away. I figured she would go into the Avatar State and stop Amon before it happened.... I guess in a way it happened later. Buuuut like I figured would happen, Korra used airbending in the most aggresive way I have ever seen in either series. Good ol' Korra.

Was it crazy, stupid, justified what Tarrlok did in basically blowing him and his brother up? I think deep down Tarrlok was a changed man (his brother maybe not), but I think Tarrlok still saw their bloodbending as an evil that would threaten the world once more at some point if he let them both go. Tarrlok did a bold move in eliminating that family line completely.

Korra and Mako ending up together was very predictable much like it was for Aang and Katara. I was secretly rooting for it the whole season.

Alright, in Season 2 I hope they go in depth even farther and answer some more questions. Who were Bolin and Makos' parents? Is there any significance with Iroh's name? And I want Katara to finish her story about Zuko's mother! Hurry Season 2 (and Season 3? Maybe? Please? :))

Mr. Downstairs
June 23rd, 2012, 08:54 AM
The boat scene near the end, the backstory, and the World War II references throughout were by far my favorite parts about the episode.
But, of course, I do have some things I didn't like:

1. Amon's scar not being real. I thought it was real when he showed it, and that he did it to himself. It would have made a much better impact if they provided some sort of flashback of him giving himself the scar somehow when he fell into the water than it just washing off. I could see that coming from the moment he hit the water.
2. Korra getting her bending back. I was hoping that season 2 would be about her finding a way to get her bending back.
3. Korra controlling the Avatar state so well. Like, really? Aang was by far more spiritual than she was, and much less rash than her as well, and it took him episodes (maybe even a whole season, I can't remember) to learn to control that. She got it down pact in a few seconds and could snap out of it on her own and everything! I liked how she entered the state, and thought it was really cool, but her control over it is slightly disappointing.

I guess I can forego the last two of them, though. Considering how long production takes and that they weren't aware they'd have another season. This was a nice wrap-up for everything that happened throughout the season.

~Harmony
June 23rd, 2012, 09:30 AM
I just read there's a possibility for more than two seasons, but it isn't for sure yet. That would be great if there were!

2. Korra getting her bending back. I was hoping that season 2 would be about her finding a way to get her bending back.
3. Korra controlling the Avatar state so well. Like, really? Aang was by far
more spiritual than she was, and much less rash than her as well, and it took him episodes (maybe even a whole season, I can't remember) to learn to control that. She got it down pact in a few seconds and could snap out of it on her own and everything! I liked how she entered the state, and thought it was really cool, but her control over it is slightly disappointing.

At the end of the episode, I saw the whole second season being about Korra's journey to delve deep into the spiritual side of being the Avatar and using that to journey towards figuring out how to get her bending back. Maybe even learn control and a little reserve with her bending since airbending is the only one she knew then. So that was a little disappointing to me. Plus the episode just felt extremely conclusive, so I wonder now which direction the next season will go in. Well, the writers have done a good job so far... I'll put my trust in them.

As for the Avatar State, I couldn't tell if Korra really had control of it or
if it was Aang really acting through her. Like when Aang could go in and out of the Avatar State without realizing it (though Korra wasn't destructive if that was the case like Aang tended to be). Guess I'll figure that out later...

...and on a sad side-note, I guess I should change my signiture. Not like there's going to be anymore new episodes anytime soon :P

Zet
June 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Alright, I didn't hear about that. I wonder then if Zuko's daughter or Aang's
son was greatly influenced by Iroh (the first). If so, I hope they go a little
deeper in that relationship.

A part of me kind of wants Rohan to be another Airbender. I dunno why, but I
think it would be adorable if had those cute green eyes of Pema's and the
Airbending tattoos and Tenzin's airbending ability. Plus just for the whole
"rebuilding the Air Nomad Race" deal.

Ugh, one more season isn't enough to seriously go into depth with all the
Legend of Korra characters like they did with the Last Airbender characters.
Another season, please? :)

Even if he isn't an airbender, he can still have airbending children. His children would just have to learn airbending from his dad or his brothers and sisters.

Netto Azure
June 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
I think it wrapped up pretty nicely. A bit too nicely in fact.

But the Writers did say they would go the "New villain every season" route unlike last series linear storyline.

~Harmony
June 23rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
Even if he isn't an airbender, he can still have
airbending children. His children would just have to learn airbending from his
dad or his brothers and sisters.

Yes, this is true. With all the genes running through that kid now because of Aang, Katara, Pema, so on, he could even have a waterbender with just the right luck no matter who he marries. More likely to have an airbender, but whatever. Genetics *sigh*

JadeSkittles
June 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM
JadeSkittles

Fire

The season finale was amazing. I loved what Tarlokk did at the end. Really was not expecting that at all!

Altairis
June 23rd, 2012, 10:36 PM
ok so i just got back from a week long trip and I haven't seen like the last 3 episodes of korra

so excited because i'm looking at the stuff not in the spoilers above and it looks like they were awesome as usual

CarefulWetPaint
June 24th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Welcome Jade! Okay onto the main point of discussion, the finale:

That was a fantastic twist with Amon and Tarlock, I didnt see it coming tbh and was very surprised by it. I also loved the back story on him and how he got so evil and angry. Following in Papa Bears footsteps like a good lil boy!

Also planes really? Thats just cheating.

End Game:

OHOHOHOH This was a good episode! It was good to see that Amon had make up on to help with his lies very clever that was.
Also Mako with his epic lightning to the face! That was awesome who knew he had so many skills.
I must say I did see Korra getting her powers back from Aang coming but it was still cool that all the avatars came and helped out, then she had the power to give bending back! Yay for her!

Also Mako and Korra forever <3 It was good to see them FINALLY end up together, though Asami will be sad </3

All in all a good season finale and I hope they have more than 1 season in the works and Im seriously looking forward to the next season!

In other news someone should weekly stream Avatar the Last airbending to fill the void between seasons and in the weeks before the new season starts we could marathon the first season of Korra!

Olli
June 24th, 2012, 01:58 AM
That was quite an episode, though I feel like a lot of things went by too fast, with a lack of explanation. The revelation that Amon wasn't at all who he claimed to be didn't really come as a shock to me, as all his babbling about being gifted with the power to take away people's bending was noooot quite believable, though yeah, that's just common sense. The fact that Tarrlok was his brother though came as a much bigger suprise, especially since Amon took away his bending. Also, when Tarrlok was telling Korra and Mako about his past, there was one thing I found pretty dumb. If Noatak was really the caring brother he was made out to be, why would he ever agree to bloodbend his brother against his will. Then afterwards he tells his father not to hurt him, while he just seconds beforehand had done exactly that to Tarrlok. Seems quite hypocritical to me.
Though the boat scene with Amon and Tarrlok near the end was quite sad, I think it it was a great decision on Tarrlok's side, since Amon had gotten quite out of control.

I have to agree with Nick on the things he didn't like, as I thoght the same thing at pretty much all of them. It would've made much more sense for Amon to burn himself, as he as the intelligent person he appeared to be, shouldnt've expected a positive outcome with a silly make-up trick like that. It pretty much ruined his all plan, though oh well. He did turn out to be a coward at the end anyways.

With Korra getting her bending back being the main goal for season 2, it would be quite like AtLA's first book, since the only kind of bending she would be able to use was airbending, which is something I'd have liked to see. But oh well, that would've been quite predictable though, so at least now we have something to look forward to, rather than already knowing what the next season would be about. Really looking forward to it.

~Harmony
June 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
That was quite an episode, though I feel like a lot of things went by too fast, with a lack of explanation. The revelation that Amon wasn't at all who he claimed to be didn't really come as a shock to me, as all his babbling about being gifted with the power to take away people's bending was noooot quite believable, though yeah, that's just common sense. The fact that Tarrlok was his brother though came as a much bigger suprise, especially since Amon took away his bending. Also, when Tarrlok was telling Korra and Mako about his past, there was one thing I found pretty dumb. If Noatak was really the caring brother he was made out to be, why would he ever agree to bloodbend his brother against his will. Then afterwards he tells his father not to hurt him, while he just seconds beforehand had done exactly that to Tarrlok. Seems quite hypocritical to me.

Maybe that was a power issue? Tarrlok was saying something along the lines that Noatak enjoyed the power in bloodbending, so he didn't mind practicing it on his brother, but he always took his brother's side over his father's. Plus he probably figured Tarrlok would bloodbend him too, so what did it matter if he practiced on him (even though that didn't really didn't match Tarrlok's personality)? That could explain his sudden change in thinking. Basically, he just wanted a chance to boss his father around since he knew then he was capable of bloodbending people. I wonder how Tarrlok would've turned out if he ran away with his brother?

Olli
June 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Maybe that was a power issue? Tarrlok was saying something along the lines that Noatak enjoyed the power in bloodbending, so he didn't mind practicing it on his brother, but he always took his brother's side over his father's. Plus he probably figured Tarrlok would bloodbend him too, so what did it matter if he practiced on him (even though that didn't really didn't match Tarrlok's personality)? That could explain his sudden change in thinking. Basically, he just wanted a chance to boss his father around since he knew then he was capable of bloodbending people. I wonder how Tarrlok would've turned out if he ran away with his brother?
Well, I just think it's generally contradictory for him to be shown to care about his brother so much, yet still be willing to do something he know will be of great discomfort for him. He should also know from his brother's personality, and from the fact that Tarrlok was unwilling to take part in the bloodbending lessons, that he wasn't gonna use bloodbending on him either, so yeah. I just don't think it really fits together.

If Tarrlok went with Noatak at the time, I think he'd change to share his brother's view on the whole thing. I mean, Tarrlok did look up to his brother at that time, and since it appears to be around there Noatak formed the idea that bending was a dangerous power for anyone to possess, I think it'd be easy for him to convince Tarrlok that that was how it was, and make him help with getting rid of the bending powers. Tarrlok would probably just become an Amon 2.0 or something, but whether that would've made any impact is hard to say.

Either way, unless that was a case of just not thinking everything out thoroughly, this could go back to my theory about how Amon's ability to take away people's bending would only apply for the people who got their bending taken away, and if that was the case then his plan would've failed anyways.

~Harmony
June 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
@Ollie97:There are some little flaws. You just wish there was more than 30 min in an episode to go deeper in the issue. The major problem was the story was rushed.

Off-topic question for anyoneDid they ever say where Amon learned energy bending-- a form if bending only Aang knew for a time? Did I miss the explanation for it somehow?

CarefulWetPaint
June 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Off-topic question for anyone, did they ever say where Amon learned energy bending-- a form if bending only Aang knew for a time? Did I miss the explanation for it somehow?

I think they explained it as it was not energy bending and instead blood bending that was cutting off the ties to the elements. I'm not sure how he did it with the blood bending but Im pretty sure thats how he was doing it..

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
@~Harmony

I think the point they tried to make in the last episode was that it wasn't energy-bending, but bloodbending. Since Noatak (don't know if that's spelled right) thought the avatar was the most powerful, it makes sense that he'd do his best to try and "recreate" the most powerful form of bending (in his eyes). However, he must of not been able to find a teacher so he used bloodbending to do the job. I think he closed the physical, biological part of the brain that allows bending, but not the spiritual side like Aang did (which is why Korra could airbend, the most spiritually connected of the elements) This is also why I think it could be reversed unlike true energybending.

thegeneticway
June 24th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Username: thegeneticway

Wow, that show was too amazing. I need the second book to be released now. ;(

Wow. That finale was so amazing. So many highlights yet weird things going on.

As someone pointed out, Korra seems to have controlled the Avatar state. I was like "o_o Aang has to unlock chakras and sacrifice his spiritual needs while Korra has to cry for 5 seconds? I don't think so -__-"

Furthermore, I've noticed that her airbending strikes are just like her firebending strikes. I was so surpised. Her airbending is theresult of the lack of anything to bend. I found that irrational and odd. Honestly, there was no better time for her to learn airbending, but the way she performed it seemed poorly edited in.

As much as Korra is awesome, I don't think it is right for her to harness these powers so quickly. This series was a bit rushed if I may say.

Zet
June 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Finale spoilers
I think it would have been better to end on a cliff hanger. Just showing Aang behind Korra saying "But you called me".

So guys, in a few weeks it will be July 21st... Be sure to play this in honour of Mako.
t6a5OHvhQTs

and here's a cover version of Leaves From The Vine if you want to listen to something beautiful
YTvWuK_cfDE

GolurkIsDaBomb
June 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Damn you Zet, the first one almost made me cry. Iroh was truly one of (if not) the best character in the original series.
On a similar note, what did you guys think of the voice-acting, in both series? I thought the first series did a really good job especially with characters like Iroh, Azula, Zuko and Katara. Especially Azula, she was really scary.
In the second series I'd have to say I really enjoyed Tenzin, Lin and Korra. Each one was able to show different sides of themselves without it seeming cheesy or ridiculous. (in my opinion)

Of course, I'm in no way an expert haha. So what do you guys think?

CarefulWetPaint
June 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Honestly I think they do a fantastic job on basically all the points in Korra, the voice actors do a superb job (most the time) and the animation is rather beautiful. Avatar has got to be the best American made animated series for sure.
I hope they keep up the quality in the next season :)

Altairis
June 26th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Eek I saw the finale and I loved it. i love this series, I hope they don't cancel it, I can't wait for next season. C:

I saw somewhere that it would be called Book 2: Energy, do you guys think that's true?

Olli
June 26th, 2012, 12:13 PM
The voice acting in ATLA was really great. I wouldn't say it was anything exceptional, as I've seen my fair share of animes with good voice acting, however compared to something like the Dragonball series, which apart from the constant screaming in every episode, had pretty ok voice acting, I'd say it's pretty decent.

As for Korra, I think it's sunken a bit. I still love the voice acting and all, however I don't feel like it's really the same as it was in ATLA, and a bit like some of the voice actors aren't as experienced. Like with Korra, even though I do love her voice, I don't feel like the voice actor does as good a job as I'd want her to. Perhaps that's just because there hasn't been any parts where they have really had a chance at showing how good they are, but I don't really know.

One thing that really irked me though, was when they put Zuko's voice on a character named Iroh, on someone born years later. I mean, it kinda makes sense since he's a descendant of Zuko, however I've just gotten used to someone named Iroh having that friendly old man voice, and just hearing Zuko's voice not coming from Zuko just doesn't really feel right :<

Eek I saw the finale and I loved it. i love this series, I hope they don't cancel it, I can't wait for next season. C:

I saw somewhere that it would be called Book 2: Energy, do you guys think that's true?
I don't think there's any chance that it'll be canceled with the very well deserved popularity it has had just over this one, short season.

About the title of the next season, I have no idea. Was the first season actually called something? Either way, since the "book" in the titles from ATLA was more to point out Aang's progress in mastering all the elements, I don't really think Energy would fit very well together with it. Though if it is true, it might give us a small hint on what the next season is about, though that's not really anything to go on :/

Really looking forward to the second season though :D

Magic
June 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM
One thing that really irked me though, was when they put Zuko's voice on a character named Iroh, on someone born years later. I mean, it kinda makes sense since he's a descendant of Zuko, however I've just gotten used to someone named Iroh having that friendly old man voice, and just hearing Zuko's voice not coming from Zuko just doesn't really feel right :<

I think it's wrong to compared Korra to Anime, since Anime is a secondary voice over (and the Japanese voice over is normally more accurate to the character). Other than the irk with Zuko's voice I think the voicing was great though! Old Katara (no idea if it's the same person?), Korra and Asumi all had great voices imo.

About the title of the next season, I have no idea. Was the first season actually called something?

It was Book 1: Air this season, which made sense since she was learning air bending ><.

I guess, potentially, 'Metal' and 'Blood' are possibly book titles for Season 2.

Sign me up please! I think Earth/Metal suits me quite well :3

Olli
June 26th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I think it's wrong to compared Korra to Anime, since Anime is a secondary voice over (and the Japanese voice over is normally more accurate to the character). Other than the irk with Zuko's voice I think the voicing was great though! Old Katara (no idea if it's the same person?), Korra and Asumi all had great voices imo.
Well, anime has basically become the term for any cartoon of that artstyle, so I don't really think whether the voiceover was originally Japanese means anything, even though anime originated from Japan. Though I can see what you're getting at.

It was Book 1: Air this season, which made sense since she was learning air bending ><.

Ah, ok. I was kinda suprised that they didn't title the seasons in Korra, however it appears they did then. I'd have to agree with you that the book would have to be titled with some kind of bending, though if that's the case, "Book 2: Energy" may very well be a fitting title for the next season, as there is something called energybending, and since it was mentioned a few times near the end of the first season. Though I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Heart's Soul
June 26th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Well, we'll find out when it comes out. But since she mastered the four elements, maybe it's spirit that she should learn now?

Sakura Rain
June 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Join please. Loved the original series, love Korra omg omg love love love Korra herself klsdjfsldfjsf sweetheart you are so full of spunk omg

Username: Sakura Rain
Element: Earthbending

Watched the season one finale. My feelings

http://i50.tinypic.com/24b8b4y.gif
http://i46.tinypic.com/7334ax.gif
http://i45.tinypic.com/sqqzrk.gif
http://i46.tinypic.com/14e2c82.gif
http://i49.tinypic.com/2znss45.gif

LEGIT.

and slkfjslkfjs I didn't think Korra would actually have her bending taken away omg that was horrible and slkfjsdfls KORRAXMAKO SLKDFJSDLFKJSDFKSDJFSDLKFJ:SDLKfj

and hearing Zuko's voice coming from anything is a plus in my book, tbh.

Heart's Soul
June 27th, 2012, 01:08 PM
The plot twist is that there IS no plot twist.

Or maybe that Tarrlok went and killed both of them rather than just Noatak with the glove of nonbenders. I think they could've let him back in.

Altairis
June 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Well, we'll find out when it comes out. But since she mastered the four elements, maybe it's spirit that she should learn now?

Yeah I forget where I saw it but where it said Energy this is what I was thinking of, because
apparently if Korra has finally connected with her spiritual side it wasn't intentional (seeing as she was surprised) so maybe she'd be learning how to control the connection or maybe go more in to her spiritual side. idk spirit would sound better C:

That would be cool because Aang was already pretty spiritual so it would be like, a different side of avatars.

What was disappointing for me though was that we literally learned everything about Amon and his life in one episode and in that same one (or the next?) they defeated him, so it seemed very crammed together, maybe they could have spread that information around a little more? Idk it's hard with a shorter season.

Heart's Soul
June 27th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Yeah I forget where I saw it but where it said Energy this is what I was thinking of, because
apparently if Korra has finally connected with her spiritual side it wasn't intentional (seeing as she was surprised) so maybe she'd be learning how to control the connection or maybe go more in to her spiritual side. idk spirit would sound better C:

That would be cool because Aang was already pretty spiritual so it would be like, a different side of avatars.

What was disappointing for me though was that we literally learned everything about Amon and his life in one episode and in that same one (or the next?) they defeated him, so it seemed very crammed together, maybe they could have spread that information around a little more? Idk it's hard with a shorter season.

It should've been 20 episodes like the first series, but we have to remember- Korra takes longer to make.

Nomine
June 27th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I can't believe I just found this thread today. Haha. This show is LEGIT. I've been waiting for a looong time since The Last Airbender ended, and LoK was the exact sequel I was looking for!

MY FEELS AT THE END OF THE SEASON FINALE. (LOTS OF SPOILERS. IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SEASON FINALE, DON'T READ!)
AMON IS TARRLOK'S BROTHER. WHAT A TWIST. I knew he was a Waterbender from the start! Then... General Iroh must have learned a lot from Zuko... He can propel himself in the air with his FIREBENDING. How cool is that? And later... I couldn't keep my mouth shut when Amon was about to take Korra's bending away. Then she started to Airbend! TAKE THAT AMON! And finally at the end, I seriously thought that it was Tenzin but it was really Aang! Energybending is the COOLEST THING EVER. AVATAR STATE, YIP YIP! And after twelve long episodes, MAKORRA! Good thing she was able to bring back Lin's bending! Energybending can take away or give back one's bending!!! I can now call Korra a fully-realized Avatar.

Username: Antitryptic™
Element: Firebending

Kevin
June 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Oh snap, must join. :)

Username: Destiny Demon

And oh snap the season finale was surprising. Noatak as Tarrlok's brother?
And I feel bad for Asami. Stupid father almost killed her.

Lance
July 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Anybody heard anything about the new season, or when it's supposed to hit the US? I imagine it would be kinda soon, maybe the end of summer.

Dudeman609
July 3rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Name Dudeman609

Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)

Olli
July 3rd, 2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the club, Dudeman. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Anybody heard anything about the new season, or when it's supposed to hit the US? I imagine it would be kinda soon, maybe the end of summer.
Nope, haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they're gonna reveal anything till just before the realease though, but I hope you're right in it being airing soon-ish, as I don't think I can wait much longer :( But yeah, it's probably gonna be somewhere near August - September.

Heart's Soul
July 3rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the club, Dudeman. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Nope, haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they're gonna reveal anything till just before the realease though, but I hope you're right in it being airing soon-ish, as I don't think I can wait much longer :( But yeah, it's probably gonna be somewhere near August - September.

Hint hint- this is the official episode title and airdate list on Nick's site. Never protected, we can use it. http://www.nickandmore.com/episode-lists/nickelodeon/the-legend-of-korra.txt

Lance
July 5th, 2012, 10:57 AM
14 Episodes is good. :D A little longer of a season is better in my book. Although it doesn't state when it will start. I'm hoping a Fall 2012 start, it makes sense because that's usually when networks start new series/seasons of programming.

Heart's Soul
July 5th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Well, I looked at it before season 1 was completely written, so that's the text they'll update. I assume it starts next year. I can wait, I just don't want to.

Omicron
July 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I love avatar! I would like to join the club ^^

Username: Omicron

I was glad to see Aang returned,as the flasbacks and later to return Korra's bending. He was cool as a kid, but as an adult he was awesome!

CarefulWetPaint
July 8th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..

gunnerpow7
July 8th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Well, In the Philippines, Nickelodeon is repeating ATLA from Season 1 up to Sozin's Comet for the Season 1 premiere of LoK... =/ Why is it the network shows the shows when Season 2 will be starting? Ugh... At least I can be up to date... =3

Cordelia
July 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Username: Mac

What is your favorite animal crossbreed from the series? Fireferrret. I want one so bad :( I really love Pabu and he's so damn cute. Naga is also pretty amazing.
Which Element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for survival? Combat: Fire, unless you count water for bloodbending. For survival? Not too sure on the survival part :x They need to work together, really... that's when they are at their best.
What do you think was the saddest moment in either series? Yue's death D:
How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his? Korra wasn't needed as the Avatar until she was older, while Aang was discovered and desperately needed, so he had to learn quickly. Korra actually had the time to learn at what seems to me as a regular pace. Aang, on the other hand, really had to get the ball rolling to learn before Sozin's comet came.

Hi everyone! I just finished LoK tonight and I've seen all of ATLA as well :D I love Korra! ZOMG!

Keiran
July 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joiningggg, hiii. I just finished both series the other day.

Username: Keiran

Probably fireferret or armadillo wolf. A lot of the crossbreeds are ugly. :[ Pabu is ridiculously adorable!

combat? How about for survival?
I think they're all equally lethal (I don't know why airbenders haven't literally taken someones breath away yet, denying them oxygen etc), but dangerous? Maybe water, not only because of bloodbending but also because of ice (Azula vs. Katara comes to mind).

I think air is best for survival. When everyone was stranded in the desert, Aang just flew away. He also bent clouds to make water. It's also the most evasive in combat.

Mako being straight. When Amon took bending from people, the looks on their faces were so devastating. Or maybe when Zuko's mother did whatever she did to save him from being murdered.

Gonzo
July 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Ohai!
Long tome no post in here. Just wanted to announce the party time! Why?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/
enjoy as I do :D

Cordelia
July 12th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Ohai!
Long tome no post in here. Just wanted to announce the party time! Why?
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/
enjoy as I do :D

I heard about this and I pretty much fangirled like crazy xD I wish we didn't have to wait so long for Book 2 but it'll be well worth it if it's even half as good as Book 1. I'm curious to see what they will call Books 2-4 since Korra already knows all of the elements...

Lilith
July 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Welcome all new club members!

Holy fish sticks! Korra is slated to air 52 total episodes! YAY

Here's an awesome preview/animation of book 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62gTP0mEKg), hooray!

What are your initial impressions of Book 2's direction?

Also from Comic-Con, here's two posters, featuring Team Aang (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74hxmikfZ1qdff3yo2_r1_1280.jpg) and Team Korra (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74hxmikfZ1qdff3yo1_r1_1280.jpg).

Alsooo from Comic-Con are concept art images of characters in Book 2.
part 1 (http://sadieyuki.tumblr.com/post/27147505043/part-1-of-the-new-character-designs-courtesy-of), part 2 (http://sadieyuki.tumblr.com/post/27147789731/part-2-of-the-new-character-designs-which-is), and part 3 (http://sadieyuki.tumblr.com/post/27172007261/part-3-of-the-new-character-designs-all-photos) and some more (http://anisazi.tumblr.com/post/27206900341/southern-water-tribe-festival-picture-book-2)... An alternate link of the book 2 animation is on tumblr (http://inspredwood.tumblr.com/post/27184204630/uploading-this-here-juuuuust-in-case-youtube-takes) too.

Summary (http://www.examiner.com/article/what-were-the-biggest-highlights-of-comic-con-2012) of what's revealed at Comic-Con:
This year's convention also had a booth advertising Nickelodeon's hit series The Legend of Korra, which recently saw the end of it's initial twelve episode run with a absolutely fantastic season finale. The panel revealed plenty of juicy details and concept art to wet fan's appetites for the upcoming Book 2: Spirits. Among the details that were revealed was that Book 2 will take place six months after the defeat of Amon and explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will travel into the spirit world and co-creator Bryan Konietzko hinted that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated to exploring the bigger landscape of the Spirit World.

Concept art of Team Avatar's new costumes including Korra wearing Mandarin inspired assymetrical fashion and Mako and Bolin wearing big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination.

We also learned that Asami will take over as the new head of Future Industries in the wake of her father's reveal of being an Equalist, and that Tenzin's brother Bumi, seen only briefly at the end of the finale, will play a larger role in Book 2, as will their elder sister Kya. We will also be introduced to Korra's extended family this season.

This Comic-Con announcement follows recent news that the show's original twelve episode miniseries has now been pushed to a full 52 episodes in two seasons, each of which will be split into two "Books." Great news indeed for Avatar fans this year!

Name Dudeman609
Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)
Hey, maybe you can elaborate, answer some topics, or mingle when you have the time. :D
Spoiler tags are created using these codes: [*spoiler] text inside here [/spoiler] but remove the *

Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..
Hey there! She's developing way too quickly, probably because they didn't have enough episodes to work with like Aang's story. I'm so happy the episodes were extended.

I also can't believe Korra has like, mastered the Avatar state to the point where she can activate it at will @ airbending race. :(

Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.

Keiran
July 16th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.

Well, first off, it took me almost a week to finish both and I skipped A LOT of filler in ATLA. >.>

Thankful, because I didn't want to watch someone spending 2 seasons learning things, and only make breakthroughs through dues ex machina. >.> Hopefully we get to see some fully realized Avatar action, along with a good plot!

I wonder if they regret killing off Noatak and his brother at the very end, haha.

Did anyone notice that Aunt Wu was wrong about Kataras death? She said she would die in her sleep after her 3rd grandchild was born, but Rohun is her 4th! D:

GolurkIsDaBomb
July 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM
@Keiran That's what I thought at first too, but I watched it recently and she said her third GREAT-grandchild. (I've been watching them all again)

As for Korra's abilities... I think her complete control over the avatar state is a little ridiculous. I'm glad the spirits are finally showing up, but I'm not sure how much I like their reappearance. What I mean by that is, in the vid in twilightblade's post, the spirit looks less like the ones from A:TLA and more like a monster, making it seem more like a scooby-doo kind of situation or a ghostbusters situation instead of the spirit world I know and love for the first series. However, I won't judge it until I see it. The second season will DEFINITELY be interesting. I'm especially interested in Asami taking over her father's business/Korra and the spirit world. Actually, I'm only not really interested in Mako's storyline haha.

Cordelia
July 17th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Blade -- I watched the entire show of both and omg it was awesome. I enjoyed every episode of each to be honest xD I just wish there was more already... so I might start re-watching ATLA again or Korra, I don't know. It just feels so empty without it. And again on the speed...

I don't mind the speed really, I think they are prepared to explore different things like the Spirit World instead of Korra learning all of the elements. They don't want a repeat of ATLA, anyway.

Falling Wishes
July 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I couldn't stop watching Season one of Korra. That flipped my mind O_O it was so thrilling like those roller coasters that go up and down >~<' I loved how Korra's power was taken away, that added so much drama in the show & how she saw Aang and how he gave her bending back, I was like "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht!"

I also loved two more things. How Naga was beating the pudding out of the Anti-Benders or however you call them & how Asami was kicking her father's Secret Word. C:

I would have pulled his pants down and smacked him with my Boldore "Me: Boldore use Smack Down"! But one thing shocked me, & that is when the two Blood Benders (Forgot their name :C) got the glove and exploded the boat with them! I never thought there would be suicide in any of the Last Airbender shows! That's all C:

Olli
July 18th, 2012, 02:19 PM

I really felt like everything happened too quickly with Korra, though then again, if it was all about her quest to master the 4 elements like it was with Aang, I think it would feel more like a remake than a sequel, and Korra's story is supposed to be different after all. Also, she was already able to bend 3 of the elements before the show even began, so she only actually mastered air bending in the first season, and she had had much more training than Aang had, plus someone to teach her throughout it all, without having to constantly be on the move.

Now the mastering of the Avatar state was something completely different. I understand Aang apparently gave her the powers to do it, though I feel like that was a really bad turning point. I had hoped that the second season would be about her regaining her bending powers and possibly her mastering the Avatar state, though the end ruined all hopes of that.

I really look forward to the second season though. Despite not having a clue on what's even happening in the preview, I hope to see a good plot for the second season, plus a good villain. Amon was pretty good, but I'm pretty sure they can do better :p

Lance
July 19th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Didn't it take Korra longer to master her full abilities? Remember Aang was younger than Korra when he used the Avatar state. If anything I think she's still a bit behind him. D:

Katie the Friendly Ghost
July 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Omg I love this series.<3

Username: Katie the Friendly Ghost

Oh and technically Aang was like 112, so it took him longer to master the elements haha.

GolurkIsDaBomb
July 21st, 2012, 07:22 AM
Welcome KTFG!

Didn't it take Korra longer to master her full abilities? Remember Aang was younger than Korra when he used the Avatar state. If anything I think she's still a bit behind him. D:

But I think the problem is less about age and more about speed. Aang could have begun to use it at 5 and i wouldn't of cared, but Korra had been avatar-stateless for her entire life. And then boom. Fully realized avatar. Also, it makes sense that Aang should've used it young because as said by Roku "The avatar state is a defense mechanism designed to protect the avatar etc" (paraphrase) so that's what makes it really strange with Korra...
And I think it took longer because Korra went about learning the elements properly, years at a time instead of cramming it all into one year.

Anakin Linux
July 23rd, 2012, 05:21 AM
Username: Romeo010
Element:Since i cant have all four ill stick with earth
For some reason i feel this club was made for me.... I cant tell why though.
Perhaps Korra can not go into the avatar state because shes lacking....some blue arrows?

SD.
July 23rd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Username: SD
Element: Fire(since they can light bend too xD)

appa ftw
combat? Earth
How about for survival?
Water
in the last episode of last airbender; when azula lost againts katara in the agni kai and she cries , filled with rage, anger, pain and sadness

Keiran
July 31st, 2012, 08:05 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7se19Tft71r4wq0vo3_r1_250.png

so who is excited for this? OMGGGGGgGGG

(no one)

Altairis
July 31st, 2012, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure that was a while ago? lol that was the last episode of Book 2, I think.

Well, like someone else said Aang had to stop a war before a certain time or the world would die, so I think that would motivate him to learn quickly. He also had a personal grudge because his entire nation had been wiped out because of this.

Also Korra had "official" training and was trying to learn them all right, and while she was doing this she had no knowledge of the danger Republic City was in so there was no sense of urgency, really.

Cherrim
July 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Isn't the Avatar state really closely linked to your spiritual side, too? Korra's always struggled with that whereas Aang was always very close to that side. They're very different people at the core (well, okay maybe they are literally the same person at the core but you know what I mean!) and I think that has a great bearing on it. Korra mastered three whole elements with relative ease whereas Aang had to work his entire show for that and really only figured out firebending in the nick of time. Korra's only a few years older than he was, didn't have to train in a hurry, and is doing really well for herself. I don't think it's weird at all. If anything I thought she was going through everything a lot faster. :/
Now the mastering of the Avatar state was something completely different. I understand Aang apparently gave her the powers to do it, though I feel like that was a really bad turning point. I had hoped that the second season would be about her regaining her bending powers and possibly her mastering the Avatar state, though the end ruined all hopes of that.
I do completely agree with this, though. That was really disappointing since I was expecting the show to go that route too and it looks like they missed out on a great opportunity. :/

But I also heard that they expected to only get one season for Korra so if that had been where it all ended, it would have been a more satisfying ending, I suppose. I don't have a source for this rumour or anything, though.

Keiran
August 1st, 2012, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that was a while ago? lol that was the last episode of Book 2, I think.

no, it's the new m. night shyamalan movie. O_o

GlitchCity
August 15th, 2012, 10:45 AM
My gosh, I cannot wait until Book 2 airs. I hope it air sometime in January, just because of reasons unknown xD But what I'm actually looking forward in this Book is more flashbacks, air scooters, more avatar state shenanigans (yip yip), and spirits. Yes, lots and lots of spirits, oh and don't forget the world traveling :]

lasttfarewell
September 7th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Username: lasttfarewell
Element: fire

well i love zuko ♥ anyone with me? ^^
i'm currently watching avatar the last airbender on nickelodeon and i'm waiting for legend of korra to air c:

when uncle iroh cried because zuko went over to the dark side again )':
because iroh really really treated him like his son and genuinely loved him (':
well at least zuko became good in the end ^^ iroh must be overjoyed :D

here have some sabre-tooth moose lion and turtle ducks :3 foofoocuddlypoops! <3

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8qjrdmd2F1rdul26o1_500.gif
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8nc71bOrh1rdul26o1_500.gif

Seivad
September 8th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Username: Seivad
Element: None i am a Non-Bending Equalist, but if i must choose than it shall be Fire.

Buffalo-Deer
combat?
It has to be Fire, it is why they were winning the 100 Year War. Firebenders have the ability to create flames from your palms just with just oxygen, your own heat (or the suns) and your energy. Wilst Waterbenders and Earthbenders need thier respective elements in order to fight (although higher skilled Wtaerbender may be able to draw water from the moisture in thier surroundings), and thier are few, if not none, Airbending techniques that would be able to kill an enemy and even than could the Airbender actually do it?
How about for survival?
That is a tough one, each element could adapt to thier surroundings for thier conveniance, Airbenders could soar through the skies looking for food and water given them a good chance of survival. Waterbenders could be able to filter out any dirty water they find to make it pure and refreshing, and again higly skilled Waterbenders could be able to turn water vapour in the air and water from the plants for themselves to drink. Earthbender would struggle to find food and water but they would be able build good shelters depending where they are located and could probably become good hunters. Firebenders would also have a hardtime as they could use fire to warm themsleves, although like Earthbenders they could use thier skills to hunt and cook thier meat. Overall i would have to say Waterbenders would be able to survive the longest.
During ATLA the saddest moment for me was 'The Tales of Ba Sin Sei' during the 'Tale of Iroh' segment where he gathered things for the birthday of his dead son, and also because it was dedicated to Mako. I am still getting chills writing about this.
For ATLK the saddest moment was where Tarrlok killed himself and Noatak (Amon) on the boat. Tarrlok couldn't stand his brother for what he had done to him and that Noatak wanted to them to become brothers again like nothing ever happened. I honestly still can't believe that Nickelodeon allowed this but i am glad that it was not censored.

rpg man
September 8th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Username: Rpg Man
Element: Air Nomad
Appa
combat?

....Air Bending because, Even if your hands and feet are tied up, you can use your mouth!

timelessgold
September 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
How could I NOT join this club!? Yay.

Username: timelessgold

This is going to sound extremely cliche, but whatever. This is the saddest moment in my opinion solely in LoK, so I'm not including A:TLA here. The moment when Beifong pleaded with Katara to restore Korra's bending. Not only had the avatar lost 3/4 elements, Beifong lost the only thing she had: Earth/Metalbending. She knew that if Korra's bending was restored, hers would be restored as well. The heartbreak and sadness in her eyes is just tragic.

CarefulWetPaint
September 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Welcome New Members!

I think I might help yall out with a new topic:

Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why?

rpg man
September 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
The Crest Island in the Fire Nation.

Why?: Because I want to see Roku and Talk with him. D:

Altomare
September 13th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Username: Altomare
element: Fire

place to go...? let's see.....the library hidden in the desert. because I like to read. Let's just hope the Owl guardian there likes the Transformers comic I'm gonna give him....

Altairis
September 16th, 2012, 09:33 AM
GUYS WE CANT LET THIS DIE.
Ohh the Library seems like a cool place! Other than that I'd probably want to visit Ba Sing Se when it's normal, or one of the Air Temples when it was full of people.

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM

I'd want to visit one of the air temples before the war. It just seems so awesome! SO peaceful, and breezy with flying bisons...
I'd also want to visit the Northern Water tribe, I think it could be really interesting and cool, ;) and I'd especially want to visit the little grotto.
Other than those two, I guess I'd like to visit Omashu, and take and awesome ride in one of the mail carts. Weeeeeeeeeee!

Lilith
October 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome, all new members! Grab a chair and join in on some discussion while ye wait for new Korra episodes.

I'd like to visit the Spirit Oasis garden in the Northern Water Tribe. It's just a beautiful and peaceful area to be in (though I would have to brave through the cold first). God I miss this show. ;A;

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maclvfBajf1rwytoro2_250.gif

Olli
October 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM

It's been a while since I last watched through it all, so I'm having a hard time recalling most of the places, but in any case, it mostly boils down Republic City. There are lots of cool and awesome looking places to be, but a lot of them have been in winter areas, or have just been in the middle of nowhere which I'd have no idea where was, and though Republic City appears to be a mess at the current time, a lot of stuff seems to happen there, and it's like where all the fun stuff is taking place. I doubt it'd be hard to find people that'd help you get better at bending whatever element you have, granted you have one, and it's basically the first place that really comes to mind.

Autumn Reverie
October 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
May I join? :3

Username: synerjee
Element: water

I would like to visit..hmm..I'm not really sure. Maybe one of the places where the water tribes live. I'm sure there'll be quite a beautiful scenery there. Or maybe an air temple; I could ride on one of those air bisons. :) I haven't watched avatar for quite a while, so my knowledge of places is quite rusty. :/

I really love this show!! I first seriously started watching it online and I couldn't stop. I think I finished all 3 books in less than 5 days. It really is one of the best shows I have ever seen!

Mononoke Hime
November 14th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Username: Mononoke Hime

Shu Jing because is peaceful and inpirating for any artist, I could live there!
And the Sun Warriors' ancient city, because this would be awesome to be judged by two dragons if I am worthy. They're my favorite mythical creatures.

Pinkish Purple
November 20th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Username: Pinkish Purple
I like Zuko's uncle, Iroh and both Sokka's girlfriends Tsuki/Suki (Not sure how to spell o.O) and Yue.

Earth Nation: Omashu :) I wanna see Aang's old friend and crack a few jokes with him x)
Fire Nation: Where Aang went to school. I wanna date that girl Aang talked to!
Water Nation: Northern Water tribe. I love the place! It looks so beautiful.
Air: Eastern Air Temple. I'd LOVE to ride a Bison <333

Lilith
November 30th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Hey folks, sorry for the delay. Glad to see there's interest as we wait patiently for Book 2. o/

@synerjee: Welcome to the club. :D If only we could take a sightseeing tour throughout the avatar world. There's so many beautiful locations and fun animal hybrids. :3

@Mononoke Hime: Welcome! I had to look up what first city you're referring to, but I agree, it is a peaceful place surrounded by mountains and waterfalls. It would be an honor to see the dragons too.

@Pinkish Purple: Thank you kindly for joining and welcome. I think we all pretty much want a round-trip vacation, gah! I like how ATLA focuses on traveling around the world while LOK focuses mostly on just Republic City. Both concepts have their merits, but no adventure is complete without taking a buddy along.

Here's a new topic then:
If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why?

Cordelia
November 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I would definitely want to meet the girl herself, KORRA! She's amazing, awesome, and funny! Also, super talented. From ATLA, it'd definitely be TOPH! Who wouldn't want to hang out with the world's greatest Earthbender and the first metalbender?

Mononoke Hime
December 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM

From ATLA, though I'm a fan of water/air, the person I would like to meet was going to be Toph, because I admire her abilities. I also think that any bender should be like she is, because she feels her element and lives for her element and because of her element.

From LOK, I would like to meet Aang now that he is in the Spirit World. This dimension is one of the most intriguing topics in this cartoon, and also, because he was pretty much grown up when he died. So I would like to know about his life and all that stuff.

zephyr6257
December 3rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
Name: zephyr6257

Anyone would be awesome! :D

But specifically, I would faint if I met either Toph, King Bumi, Ty Lee or Uncle Iroh. LOK-wise, Lin Beifong! :3

Toph, because she is freakin' awesome. Nobody can compare with her.

King Bumi, because I'd love to quarrel with him and pick his mind and ride Omashu's delivery system with him~

Ty Lee because she's so darn pretty

Uncle Iroh, because he's awesome and I love tea so yeaaah.

Lin Beifong, because she's the daughter of Toph! :3

SummerSushi
December 18th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Username: Summersushi
Answer a discussion topic: I'd like to chill in Republic City. Just swims like a fun place

Lilith
January 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Welcome, folks! Hope everyone had a good winter break and stellar New Year. o/ If anyone wants to rewatch either series to refresh themselves on some details, lemme know! I can watch both series only if I have a watching buddy!

I would definitely want to meet Avatar Korra! Her confidence may intimidate me at first, but I can learn so many things from her. I admire her determination and strength as a woman. :3 I'd also like to meet Sokka because he's so funny and I will call him boomerang boy to his face yeahhh.

New Topic about Book 2 speculation:
Do you think the Equalist movement will continue and strengthen or will be forgotten?

Airhead
January 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I watched a speck and I absolutely fell in love with it. I reckon Aang is dreamy when he grows long hair.

Urugamosu
January 16th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Username: Urugamosu
What was your favorite animal cross from the series? Oh my gosh, the koala sheep! They are just..so..cute. ;A;

gunnerpow7
February 3rd, 2013, 12:04 AM
Hmmm... Since I have finished watching LOK and to save the club from its impending doom, I'm happy to help!

Do you think the Equalist movement will continue and strengthen or will be forgotten?

Seeing as Amon "betrayed" the Equalists, I think it would be weakened if not forgotten...

From ATLA, it would be Katara since she is awesome imo...

From LOK, either Mako or Korra.

Republic City for the most since I lie to live in a modern world... But I also like Ba Sing Se and the Western Air Temple!

Well seeing as they first thought of it as a miniseries before, I'm pretty neutral about it.

In ATLA, the Eclipse arc since they built most of Book 2 and 3 on this.

In LOK, maybe the Pro-bending arc since Amon destroyed it all! ;;

Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival?

Fire is the most lethal and dangerous without a doubt but for survival, Water goes since it is one of our core needs.

What was your favorite animal cross from the series?

Hmmm... A Polar Bear Dog for me... :3

What is your favorite episode?

EVERY EP IS MY FAVE...

But to be specific, the Sozin's Comet arc for ATLA and Ep 4 and Ep 12 in LOK.

Lilith
February 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
@Gym Leader Rozu: Welcome! Would you like to join this club, and if so, can you fill out the rest of the form?
Element:

@Urugamosu: Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. :3 What's a koala sheep? Hmm... It sounds fluffy and poofy and adorable!

@gunnerpow7: That's true about the leader of the Equalists. A new leader will have to rise to carry forward the group. I don't think the group will every reach its peak level of influence without Amon. :( The tension may exist between select individuals... I'd like to see the tension appear, but as a less important element to the plot. C'mon, Spirits!:)

There is a new character in Book 2. Alyson Stoner will be voicing Opal. Source (http://alysonstoner.com/).

There's also this, I can't wait for news!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ca6c8276ba506c5a3bb79a3660edabad/tumblr_mhkstkEGqj1r892d5o1_500.png

Cordelia
February 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I would be surprised if the Equalist movement went away. It was such a major force and a lot of people were behind it, but after Amon betrayed them they might feel a bit disenfranchised with it. Of course, organized under a new and proper leader, it might still have strength after all.

antemortem
February 10th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Username: Antemortem

I doubt that the Equalist movement will disband, but it has undoubtedly lost momentum with Amon's murder-suicide with Tarrlok. With their previous leader down for the count, the movement will have someone new put their foot down, take charge, and bring it back to a fully operational status. Let's be real - it wouldn't even make sense for the movement to break apart from such a simple setback. At least, not to me!

Cordelia
February 17th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Antemortem shared this with me:

http://avatarthelegendofkorra.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/history-is-repeating-itself-when-it-comes-to-the-development-of-the-legend-of-korra-will-book-2-really-release-this-april/

Summary: KORRA MIGHT BE COMING BACK IN APRIL!! THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED! -fangirls!!!!!!!1111111111111-

Altairis
February 17th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Aprillll! It's closer than I thought! That's so exciting. :3 THIS ALSO REMINDS ME
http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/43200330653/being-at-a-color-correction-session-for-book-2

IM SURE YOU HAVE TUMBLRS AND HAVE SEEN THIS BUT LOOK AT KORRA she's just so badass eek im excited

Lilith
February 17th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the club, Antemortem! While the leader was disposed of, the fact that he was a bender makes the situation not quite as simple, I think. I don't think the people will be as quickly to accept a new leader and reach maximum movement since they were betrayed in the past; time will heal those wounds. Is there a time skip in Book 2? Hmm...

Nice find, guys. At first, I thought the pic had Korra sideways and some faceless man LOL turns out that was just her sleeve. /dork

I just LOVE this image (http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/43200330653/being-at-a-color-correction-session-for-book-2). Wow. Although I'm not sure what book 2 will deliver besides 'spirits' and more airbending training, I know the next season will perform at a most superb level.

Some in general speculation since if the rumors are true, we are 2 months away...
What are your predictions for Book 2?
We will find out about Zuko's mom More time with Bumi and Korra's family since things will be rather 'laidback' for a while at least. Korra should restore others' bending, reopen the probending arena, go penguin sledding, and be happy. :)

Edit: Lapras, yes, I saw that too zomg amazing!!!

Cordelia
February 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Since I think it's six months in the future, I think the bending will be restored and we will see a more spiritual side of Korra that has been fostered by her healing bending abilities. I'm quite excited though to see this side of Korra but I still predict her to struggle with it.

antemortem
February 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
If Lin's bending is not restored I will cry. I shed a tear when it was taken in the first place! :( Anyway, I'm falling in step with Mac's thought process in the idea that we will see a more spiritual side of Korra in the months to come, as there was a little hint at the end of the last episode (when Korra regained her bending) that she now has access to the Spirit World and it might become much easier and customary for her to enter it every now and then for whatever reason.

The 'Korra gets in trouble for using her bending in some competition' thing that was mentioned awhile back has me intrigued. Maybe she has to pay/work off some sort of fine and it coerces her into leaving Republic City? I'm not sure why she needs to leave in the first place so anything that could lead to possible reasoning is what I'm working with. I feel like Tenzin having taught her airbending would be the end of her having to seek out anyone/anything... so again I'm stuck in that respect. :x

Mr. Downstairs
February 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/928588363ccce88626cf1fe9ea7e6f45/tumblr_miaobiKz0W1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

"Being at a color correction session for Book 2 today reminded me that I kicked off this blog a year ago this week with a snapshot of Korra from a Book 1 color correction session. A year later and I’m still behind in all my work, you’re all still mad the show is not out yet (which, please understand, is akin to being mad at a tree for not growing apples fast enough), and Korra is still a badass.
Thanks for caring enough to be mad and for following this blog! Love, Bryan
It’s an image from book 2! Of Korra! And is that a fence behind her? What can it all mean?"

- bryan konietzko

source (http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr.com/post/43204661457/bryankonietzko-being-at-a-color-correction)

Lilith
February 22nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
^Thoughts?

I'd also like to see Korra visit the Spirit World. Maybe the Spirit attacked her because she isn't completely fulfilling the spiritual duties of being an Avatar. I remember that clip where Korra abused the Avatar state to win a competition too - very interesting how easily she can enter it, when the state is more of a final countermeasure.

In that pic, I think she's cornered. She's obviously angered, but what exactly would nearly back her into a fence, don't know...

I was wandering around Nickelodeon's site and apparently they added a new LOK mini game. Korra keeps running, avoiding Equalizers, but she can use her airbending to double jump. :O And yay, cabbages! http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-republic-city-run.html

Cordelia
February 23rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
She definitely looks cornered as you said... and quite angry. I would like to see her interactions with the Spirit World and I'm sure we will since this Book is named Spirits.

Zorua4Ever
February 23rd, 2013, 11:00 PM
Username: Zorua4Ever
Element: Waterbender

My favorite character from the series with Aang would have to be Iroh... So lazy, so calm, Crying over spilled tea?

.Aero
March 2nd, 2013, 01:43 AM
Username: I hate Blade
What are your predictions for Book 2?: I don't know what I expect honestly. I've been doing a good job of not reading too much about it because I feel getting info before hand creates too much hype and could potentially ruin some plot points for me. I literally only know three things:
1. Spirit World is the main plot point
2. Opal is a new character who will be voiced by Allison Stoner
3. Gray DeLisle is voicing a character

Lilith
March 2nd, 2013, 11:07 PM
@Zorua4Ever: Hey there! Welcome to the club. Iroh has a fun, mellow attitude with life. I can appreciate that... Tea helps! No need to be wasted. Also, have you watched Legend of Korra and have a favorite character from there too?

@.Aero: Oh noes, I had to type out your username. :P I know just about the same as you know. I'm not sure about this Grey DeLisle voice actress - wait, she voices Azula and has voiced Vicki from Fairly Oddparents? That's a riot. We're gonna have a new nasty wicked character? xD

.Aero
March 5th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Yeah, Grey DeLisle might end up being Azula in the spirit realm (at least that's what my friends have been discussing recently whenever the topic of Korra comes up). That would be pretty interesting because I'll be honest, making Iroh in this series voiced by the voice actor for Zuko was a bit strange. I understand maybe as a cameo, but his voice just does not match that character to me. I hope they don't do the same thing with Grey for the same reason. Her voice was good for Azula but I feel like if they keep the voice for an older character (age-wise I mean, like Iroh) it won't make much sense.

antemortem
March 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Dante Basco should not be voicing the new Iron character. It just... it really doesn't match the character. The voice is too low to complement the character's physical appearance, mainly the face. I think they should have done something different with that. Not wanting to give up Basco is not a solid reason, if that has anything to do with it.

Cordelia
March 29th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Just thought you'd guys want to know that Korra should be aired in Mid April!

Source: http://www.critiques4geeks.com/2013/03/29/tv-the-legend-of-korra-book-2-to-air-mid-april/

Leijon
March 30th, 2013, 12:17 AM
OMG! SO EXCITED FOR THE S2!! AHHHHHH! I wonder what would happen with Korra and the gang in the season premire tho!

8tw, This is gunnerpow7 on a new alt ::::*

Cid
March 31st, 2013, 07:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BQfVzdJ.png
Holy crap shiny Drifloon! That little lemon with the cloudy icing on top. That's one of my favorite shinies!

Anyway, back on topic. I'm excited for book two as well! :D
I'm mostly excited to find out more about Korra's family and perhaps get in some character development. While you're at it, make it less plot-heavy please! I feel the first book was a tad too plot-heavy. It really made characters like Mako that shallow, and it makes it difficult to like them when you compare the depth of these characters to the ones from ATLA. It's not a matter of only having twelve episodes to work with either. Even if you judge ATLA from its first twelve episodes too, you'd see that Aang, Katara and Sokka had way more character than Korra, Mako, Bolin and Asami.

Yukiyo Kayume
April 1st, 2013, 07:38 PM
Username : Yukiyo Kayume
Element : Water
Answer a discussion topic :

Discussion Topics
8. If you could meet any ATLA/LOK character, who would it be and why? - I'd really like to meet Aang, because he is so laid back, fun and bubbly. being around him would definitely make me feel cheery too!

7. Where in the Avatar world would you like to be able to visit the most and why? - any of the Water tribes, because it is my favorite element <3 I'd want to be with my people, of course!

4. Which element do you think is the most lethal and dangerous during combat? How about for Survival? - I think they are all dangerous in combat if being used by a master. any element could easily crush a non-bender. for survival... I'm not sure, I can see how all of them would be useful.
Air - wind --> windmills --> power or using it for faster/safer sailing, easy traveling
Fire - warmth, cooking (anywhere), hunting
Earth - shelter, hunting, protection (earth armor)
Water - healing, sailing, hunting (breathing underwater, might be easier to catch fish that way)

hm, i could probably think of more examples but yeah..xD

1. Who is your favorite character? - I really liked that girl in the earlier episodes from the Water Tribe, the moon girl who Sokka loved. (sorry I cannot remember her name)

--
well, I hope I can be a part of your lovely group <3!

pikachu00
April 3rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Username:pikachu00
Who is your favorite character? I like them all, but I'll go with Sokka.

Minato Arisato
April 3rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Ah...why haven't I noticed this before? Whatever. I'll sign myself up.

Username: Minato Arisato
Who is your favorite character? Eh...Zuko, I guess. I really liked his character development. I'm not too sure about my favorite character from the Legend of Korra series. None of them made much of an impression on me.

pikachu00
April 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Actualy, I think Zuko's my favorite character too. Water used to be my favorite element, but now it's fire.

Leijon
April 23rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
I believe we should introduce a new topic to be prevent the club from getting stale.

What is your favorite episode of ATLA or LOK?

Lilith
May 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Welcome to all the new benders!

First thing's first, here's the news (https://twitter.com/NickelodeonTV/status/335530655175831552):
http://25.media.tumblr.com/05fc02159ebe55b7a61e17df9718f9d4/tumblr_mmyth5cYdc1r5du0ko1_500.png

Korra coming out this summer now? :D

Though I'd have to rewatch it all soon, my favorite episode was when Amon attacked the pro-bending arena the night of the tournament. Lin had some amazing moments on the fight on top of the glass dome.

Anyone interested in rewatching this together?

Leijon
May 27th, 2013, 07:29 AM

ATLA: Episodes where there are Katara x Aang stuff ;D especially the end :D

LOK: Pretty much the end of the book. Idrk why.

Lilith
June 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Here's the sneak peek (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9QGYOJHi84), in case anyone missed it. No air date was announced, still.

I found this on tumblr today: Grey DeLisle voicing Azula ordering a pizza (http://www.vocaltwit.com/4559) :D

What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her? Also, do you think she will be appearing in Legend of Korra?

Leijon
June 19th, 2013, 04:36 PM
What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?

I guess that she might turned over a new leaf but seeing her as a sneaky gal, I really have a hunch that she would be planning behind her brother's back >:)

Cordelia
June 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Azula is as evil as she seems, I'd say. She's the true heir in the family... unfortunately for everyone. She made her friends be evil... she's the root of their evil!

thefallendetective
June 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Hello there, I would like to join the ATLA/LOK club please! You can call me Marina! (/゚▽゚)/

Username: thefallendetective
Element: fire

What do you think about Princess Azula? Is she as evil as she seems, or is there more to her?
I used to detest Azula, no doubt, but after pondering for a very long time (after ATLA ended), my
opinion of her has taken a 180 degree turn. Considering her past where she thought that everyone
thinks she is a monster, I really do pity her now. If given a second chance, I think she would change
for the better and make real friends instead of ruling with terror. Someone just needs to show her that
having power/control over people isn't everything. Well, I hope others will share the same opinion as
me! (^∇^)

Lilith
July 19th, 2013, 09:17 PM
@thefallendetective: Welcome to the club, my dear!

Poor girl never was quite stable nor approachable. She feuded with Zuko and sought to be loved by their father, when Ozai ended up using her and leaving her alone with the Fire Nation. The friends she made through fear and intimidation eventually left her. She then hallucinated about her mother, and even after imagining that her mom loved her, she wouldn't accept it. She thought she was a monster and that her mother loved Zuko more. :(
However, Azula was pretty nasty as a child and had an awful personality during the beach episode. She sought power from a young age, and her blue flames are the product of that. If she had a second chance to grow up outside of a royal family, Azula could turn out way better, but her ruthless personality would still be present...

Here's hoping that the character development in Book 2 will be just as intringuing. We have a new character and trailer! :D

Book 2 New Character Revealed
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/underwire/2013/07/LegendofKorra_Wan_SteveYeun.jpg

Fans of The Walking Dead and Legend of Korra rejoice: Steven Yeun, known to fans of the AMC horror show as Glenn, will be joining the voice cast of the Nickelodeon animated series as Wan, the very first Avatar in existence. Yeun’s character will appear in two episodes titled “Beginnings 1 & 2″ during the second season — aka Book 2: Spirits — debuting later this year.

Wan’s story will take place 10,000 years before Korra’s time, and follow the teenage explorer and skilled bender as he tries to bring balance between mankind and the spirits, a quest that ultimately leads to becoming the first Avatar.

Source (http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/07/walking-dead-legend-korra-steven-yeun)

Book 2 New Trailer:
Book 2 Trailer posted on July 19th.

7ftLm52V1y0

476 HD screenshots (http://korra.avatarspirit.net/screenshots.php?quality=hd&num=012) from the new trailer

Sheep
August 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I'm super pumped to finally see the very first Avatar. The trailer's stunning and I seriously cannot wait.. so many good things coming in the next few months. <3

Her design was adorable but I'm afraid she did come off as one of the only truly evil characters in the first series.. though that was mainly because of her background as the daughter of the Fire Lord. I really wished she would have changed towards the end so it saddened me to see what happened to her, but suppose it was inevitable. I'd love to see more of her in LoK!

Grimwohl
August 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I always wanted to me an air bender.
I think they can do some cool stuff, and a lot of things I'd do with that power. Sign me up for that ok!

Magic
August 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Ooh the Owl Spirit (protector of that library?) was in the trailer! :D Super exciting, it's meant to be coming out September right?

She was severely twisted by her heritage and, no doubt, her father. I think it got to a stage where she knew no better, her point of view was very consistent.

I kind of feel sorry for her character, as it's not her fault, but she eventually took her anger and power-frenzy too far, to a point where she could not be saved.

I would prefer if she wasn't in LoK. I think her character has been put to bed, a small reference to her would be better than an actual appearance.

White Raven
August 22nd, 2013, 11:08 PM
Username: Jeanne
Answer a discussion topic: Favorite character. Sokka, the legendary non bender! By far the funniest, I mean just look at him!
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/210/4/3/Sokka_motivational_poster_by_jediwillowgrey.jpg
and this!
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/mypicsonly_415/sokka.jpg

Lilith
September 10th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Welcome, Grimwohl and Jeanne! Sokka is pretty neat and funny! Oh, and his boomerang is cool.

Book 2 airs in a few more days! Let's get pumped! New topic you can sling your boomerang at, wowzers.

What is your favorite weapon? Some choices are air glider, boomerang, Mai's weapons, Equalist's shock gloves, etc, click here (http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Weaponry_in_the_World_of_Avatar) for more ideas.

Also, a new trailer is out. (http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-korra-nation-superfan-trailer-ce3n.html?xid=korranationtumblr) Book 2 having an hour premiere this Friday, the 13th, at 7 PM Eastern / 6 PM Central.

Karasuma
September 10th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Could I join this? I recently saw all 12 episodes of The Legend of Korra, thanks to nickelodeon for putting up all episodes for free. I love the whole scenario and the animation looks beautiful. I do love The Last Airbender more, but I see The Legend of Korra having extraordinary potential, especially with the new trailer showing off the Book: Spirits. This is going to be an awesome Fall.

I'm a big fan of Bumi, the way how he acts sometimes reminds me of my crazy uncle. I wonder what happened to Tai-Lee and the Kyoshi warriors. I wish for the next season we see more flashback of 40 year old Aang and the rest of the gang. I shed tears when I saw Sokka older and still being the funny guy. Oh and how Toph keeps calling Aang 'Twinkletoes'.

Lilith
September 13th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Sure, though did you want to be in a particular element, air water earth or fire?

Another trailer is up as a sneak peak about what happens tonight!

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-114-clip.html?xid=korranation

Netto Azure
September 13th, 2013, 04:03 PM
"Then everything changed when the Water Nation attacked..."

That sums up what happened.

Rai
September 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Username: Rai

1. Who is your favorite character?- In ATLA, my favorite character is Zuko. He is so misunderstood and angry, but adorable in a weird way. In LOK, my favorite character is Korra because she is strong and determined. I have the biggest crush on her.

Tlachtli
September 13th, 2013, 05:33 PM
ErmahgurdAvatarFanClubThread

Username: Tlachtli

11. I'm pretty sure she's just evil. To quote her, "My own mother thought I was a monster--she was right, of course."

Shizzable
September 13th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I've loved The Last Airbender ever since I saw it back in 2005. Now that I'm a bit older, I re-watched it and loved it more than ever. The Legend of Korra is great as well, and I can't wait for Book 2.

Username: Shizzable
Answer a discussion topic (10): They mentioned a lot during the start of the series how Korra "wasn't in touch with her spiritual side." So she'll probably do... Well, that. It's hard to guess now. One thing I really wish they did was not give Korra her bending back so early. It would be cool if she could only airbend for a part of Book 2. Giving her bending back right after she lost it really dropped the emotional value.

Magic
September 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Bit of a rushed start to LoK season 2 but I'm glad it's back! :)

Question: Was it just me who thought, at one point, Korra was spirit-bending? There was one moment where the grey wisps were surrounding a spirit (before she failed and was saved). Way too much progress for my liking :/ I wish they would tone down her super-learning skills.

Also, what is there left to train with air-bending? They went on about how she needs to continue training, but... she can airbend, she can ride air-balls which previously they described as a skilled technique. It felt like they were imagining a need to train just to add to the conflict... unnecessary and not well thought out, imo.

Lilith
September 15th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Welcome, Rai, Tlachtli, Shizzable! You're all benders of the original gang. :D

Book 2 started. I quite like the pacing.
Yeah, I think Korra was totally spirit bending towards the end of the premiere. I didn't expect her to have any luck with spirit bending already.. She's still working on her spiritual side. She was kind of annoying when she used physical force to open the portal.

Asami and Bolin working together, great. Jinora getting some screen time, awesome. Eska has taken quite a liking to Bolin, but I hope it's for comic relief. I don't kinda don't want more love triangles and such again, haha.

I think Korra still had a lot to learn about airbending. She's learned the other elements in a decade, but only 6 months for airbending, that's not enough...

Altairis
September 15th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I think they mean that she has to understand airbending instead of just learning how to physically do it. Like, every single avatar in the past before her studied all the elements by training with a master and learning the culture of that nation. Korra kind of just had to make do, because there were no airbenders. She can physically airbend but she doesn't understand any of the airbending culture and it's kinda sad because the airbenders were my favorites and it seems like their culture has kinda been lost. I mean there are air people but they don't get the tattoos, they don't really seem to act like airbenders at all I guess? I can't really explain it.

I'm really excited for this season because it looks like they'll be giving us completely new stuff like spirits whoaa :3 I hope Jinora becomes more important and doesn't just stay as "one of the airbending kids" because I think she's p cool.

Autumn Reverie
September 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Have you seen Book 2's latest episode? What are your thoughts?

Book 2's looking good overall! I like the pacing - it's neither too rushed nor too slow. Hmm... I'm a little sceptical about Korra's decision to make her uncle her new teacher. He has this thing about him which makes him a little suspicious in a sense. I'm not even sure that opening that spirit portal was the right thing to do, but it seemed to be alright by the auroras in the sky. There's still not enough information for me to conclude anything though.

Another reason why I think Korra's decision to abort her lessons with Tenzin is not the right choice is that although Korra can now airbend, she still doesn't know the spiritual side of it, and thus doesn't have complete mastery of it yet. I feel that if she had visited the air temples with Tenzin, she would have gained much more insight on how to better her air bending as well as open up her mind to the spiritual side of the art. Perhaps this way, she could even learn how to calm the dark spirits easier since her spiritual side has been awakened.

All in all, amazing first few episodes! Can't wait for the others.

Sheep
September 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM

That was an awesome episode, eee. I really did miss the style of comedy from the show so having it back really brightened my day. Lots of crazy Bolin and interesting interactions between Korra and Tenzin as well as the other adults. Still wondering what happened when Asami found out about Korra and Mako, though.

Magic
September 28th, 2013, 02:34 AM
This episode was good :).

"Is this thing fast enough to get away from my crazy, waterbending ex girlfriend?"
"Why do you think I built this boat?"

Funny episode, glad Korra isn't going to spend the entire season being blind to the obvious trickery going on.

The spirits were /mostly/ forgotten here though - and I'm wondering what the point of the Tenzen side-story is, and when the two will be colliding. It's nice and all but... yeah.

Flushed
September 28th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Username: Flush'd
Answer a discussion topic: I'm kinda on the fence about this season. From the start of the series, the humor (mostly Bolin) has been kinda random and weird for me. And having some familiar voices like Kya (Lisa Edelstein, I'm a big House MD fan) and Eska (Audrey Plaza) is kinda weird too. But the plot is very interesting. It does seem to move a bit quickly, but that's fine. To me, Korra seems to be almost abusing her status, going into the Avatar state for the most random things. I wished they would've shown flashbacks to Aang and his kids.

Olli
October 27th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Can't let this club die!

So what did you guys think about the revelations of how the first avatar actually became the avatar? Well, what did you think about the whole episode in general? :p

Personally, I really enjoyed the episode. It was really interesting to see how they pictured the past, and how the humans were basically few and far apart, and how all the bending powers weren't inherited like they are in the current time of the series. Kinda makes you wonder why people started being born as benders, however it could be that the power of the elements were basically part of your blood once you obtained them, and that it just carried over to your children, however that kinda contradicts the fact that not everyone in the modern day has bending powers. I guess once the spirits and the humans were seperated by worlds, the humans didn't really need the powers anymore, but that kinda leaves a lot of loose ends hanging. Why weren't everyone required to return their powers then, or why weren't everyone allowed to have and keep them? Ahh details.

Anyways, I really loved Wan. He was a super lovable character, and he honestly reminded me a lot of Aang. Being a bit of a joker, while still fighting for what's right, and I would honestly have loved to have seen more of him. I also really liked how they changed up the artstyle for those two episodes, it really made one feel that it was in a different era. Other than that, extremely good story and concept, and I love how he actually became the avatar.

You can definitely tell that the role of the avatar has changed over time, because whereas Wan sought to defeat the evil he had set free and tried to make the spirits and the human live in peace with each other, both of the avatars we've seen have been all about keeping peace between humans (which Korra isn't really doing a good job at atm :p), however with the passing of was it 1000 years? approaching, and with the fact that she already opened one of the gates between the spirit world and the human world, I reckon we're gonna be in for something big ;) Really looking forward to the future episode, and looking forward to seeing Korra redeem herself as an Avatar :p

Leijon
November 2nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
thats funny nickelodeon, i got that reference of wan being the first avatar ;3 geddit? #captobviousnoob

Anyways, just waiting for the new episodes to come out :3

Magic
November 2nd, 2013, 08:00 AM
thats funny nickelodeon, i got that reference of wan being the first avatar ;3 geddit? #captobviousnoob

Anyways, just waiting for the new episodes to come out :3

Why are you still waiting I watched it this morning ;D.

Not much happened, really. Love Genora though.

Leijon
November 2nd, 2013, 11:59 PM
OMG GENORA WAS AWESOME :33 poor tenzin tho :/

Zet
November 3rd, 2013, 12:46 AM
I'm sure Korra or Jinora will find a way to let people into the spirit world.

Guy
November 9th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Been meaning to join this club, and now that I've finally caught up with Legend of Korro I finally can.

Username: Artemis

I watched last night's episode "A New Spiritual Age" this morning actually. I have to say, before the two-parter episode "Beginnings" that explained the origins of the first Avatar Wan, I wasn't really feeling this season like I was with the first. It just wasn't as gripping or addictive as the first. The quest of the spiritual world just didn't seem to have much point until "Beginnings" aired. Now we have some real momentum!

So about last night's episode:

I loved the cameos we got. It almost felt like fan service, but it moved the storyline along smoothly. It was good to see the original Iroh and Wan Shi Tong again! Keep this up show and I probably will go back and marathon all of the episodes from A:TLA again. I don't mind.

Jinora, nooooo! ;O;

Where last week's episode was mostly setup, tonight's really kept things moving. It's obvious Vaatu will get out, but does anyone else get the feeling he might merge with Unalaq like Raava did with Wan in "Beginnings"? It's clear we're going to have a pretty epic battle between Korra and him.

As much as I like Asami, Mako, and Bolin I didn't miss them here. I just really need their plotlines to tie into the overall spiritual one, because right now they feel unnecessary.

Leijon
November 16th, 2013, 04:31 AM
OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAAAH IROH IS BACK AND JUST AS I REMEMBERED HIM! HE HASNT CHANGED AT ALL OMFG! #fangirling

Well atleast Iroh's spirit had helped mold this storyline <3

AND NO JINORA! MEANIES! ;o;

Magic
November 16th, 2013, 07:39 AM
o____o well it's finished again already. Awesome finale, definitely better than Korra1 and almost on par with Aang's finale, I'd say.

Flushed
November 16th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Where did you watch the finale two episodes? Nick.com was being really stupid. :/

Magic
November 16th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Where did you watch the finale two episodes? Nick.com was being really stupid. :/

cough (http://www.animeultima.tv/)

I actually missed what went down, but I heard that Nick used social media to decide whether the finale was released online or not? I think that's pretty awesome, although I wish they had waited a few days rather than do it on the back of a double episode.

Sheep
November 16th, 2013, 04:26 PM
So I haven't watched any episodes since 8 and finally decided to catch up last night and today (thank you Blade)!

The finale was absolutely stunning, as were the episodes before that. This season has been so much better than the first and it's introduced some of the best characters. :) Verick (or is it Varrick..? the wiki says it is) was hilarious and I'm still pretty stunned at his schemes but can't help but love him anyway. Who doesn't love his "Zhu Li, do the thing"?! Has to be the best thing I've ever seen in Avatar period, haha.

There were so many moments in the finale that made me want to bawl. Such a good story, yesss. Jinora played a great part and oh my gosh, Iroh! I can go on forever.

Flushed
November 16th, 2013, 05:52 PM
@Magic Fox: Yeah I think it was like if it got a certain number of retweets or something, they'd post the vids on Nick.com, which they did. The media player there is just crappy and would buffer endlessly though, so thanks for posting the link haha.

Tbh, not really sure how I felt about the finale. It was almost seemed too easy I guess.
Interesting though how they're leaving the broken cycle though, I thought that would've somehow resolved in the last minute or so, but it didn't.

GreyVirgo
November 16th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Username: MaxedOutFreaky
Answer a discussion topic: What is your favorite weapon?: the Fan thing of Kioshi!

antemortem
November 17th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I've missed it every time it's been on. Is it already over? ):

Lilith
November 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Welcome everyone to the crew!

Yeah, the two final episodes were posted early online on Nickelodeon.

I can't believe it's over! I loved the fights leading up to the finale, especially between Tonraq & Unalaq. I also liked Bumi's rescue scene, the scene in the fog of lost souls and Iroh's involvement, all of Wan's story, Mako and Bolin helping out Korra, ugh just all of it. I liked Jinora's role this time, but I think her saving Korra in the end was quite sudden or unreasonable, hnng. Events were looking rather doomed, anyways.

Asami is just... tragic. They included more relationship drama and Asami loses again. She'll never have a break from her parents absent and her broken business.

What's sad is that with Vaatu destroyed, he now exists within the Avatar the same way Raava existed within Unalaq. I'm left distraught with wondering if they will ever find a way to restore the connection to the past Avatars. :( Things really may change in Book 3 now.