PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]New version exclusive areas

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:03 PM
So according to CoroCoro, there's now a fire and a water cave as version exclusives, as well as what looks to be an updated Black City/White Forest.

What do yo think is in the new City/Forest and where do you think the other two caves are located, general thoughts of those two locations, why do you think they exist and what you think they're called and how much they'll alter between versions, and so on?

Team Fail
June 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM
As soon as I saw the updated Black City/White Forest screens, I was very happy. I wonder if they'll serve the same purpose they did in BW with having people/buildings disappear if you don't do enough linking.

XSky RiderX
June 12th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I'm very pleased to see that Black City and White Forest are returning with a better look. As for these new caves, my prediction is that they will be available post-game, possibly near where Black City and White Forest are. For some reason these caves just scream out Ruby and Sapphire, but maybe that's just me being crazy.

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:24 PM
As soon as I saw the updated Black City/White Forest screens, I was very happy. I wonder if they'll serve the same purpose they did in BW with having people/buildings disappear if you don't do enough linking.
I hope not, considering both look a bit better they might actually cater to those with wifi even so :3
I'm very pleased to see that Black City and White Forest are returning with a better look. As for these new caves, my prediction is that they will be available post-game, possibly near where Black City and White Forest are. For some reason these caves just scream out Ruby and Sapphire, but maybe that's just me being crazy.

oh yeah I definitely thought the same at first too actually XD; if that's not an R/S remake hint idk what is.

Khrysta
June 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM
I hope not, considering both look a bit better they might actually cater to those with wifi even so :3

oh yeah I definitely thought the same at first too actually XD; if that's not an R/S remake hint idk what is.

Watch we can Catch Groudon and Kyogre in them XD.

But ya that is a very weird thing to add in. If they are releasing those they had better do it by the end of the year or else they may be releasing them for a dead system.

I gotta question why a Water for Black Kyurem's Black 2 though. Maybe we can catch them there? Still seems an odd association.

Forever
June 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Well maybe because electricity is super effective against water, while... in R/S, technically, it was ground, and ground is super effective against fire, so if it's related to R/S remakes then it goes with opposites? XD;

I dunno though, I just want to see how large Black City and White Forest have become as a whole though, since the screenshots lead me to think there's a lot more.

Unknown Trainer
June 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I think the idea of the caves is pretty cool. I'm glad White 2 gets the magma looking cave though lol

Khrysta
June 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Just noticed that Magby is exclusive to Black 2 and Elekid is exclusive to White two. Seems like they are trying to keep the Ying Yang thing going since the Fire is with the "Electric" mascot and the Electric is with the "Fire" Mascot.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah that cave sure does make me think of RS...hmm I wonder what's in them...
The version exclusives aren't that surprising seeing how the Magby and Elekid line are opposites (Jynx will proably be in both).

Jellicent♀
June 12th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Seems like a hint to R/S remakes. Of course they could have very well have said "Hurr durr I want lava and water deeeerrrrrpppp"
Like, it COULD BE just THAT simple. But still, it seems neat! I hope that you could catch Kyogre and Groudon, that'd be cool! I AM excited to see White Forest and Black City back, too. White Forest was one of my favorite parts of White.

June 12th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Seems like a hint to R/S remakes. Of course they could have very well have said "Hurr durr I want lava and water deeeerrrrrpppp"
Like, it COULD BE just THAT simple. But still, it seems neat! I hope that you could catch Kyogre and Groudon, that'd be cool! I AM excited to see White Forest and Black City back, too. White Forest was one of my favorite parts of White.
If Kyogre and Groundon are in it than most likely that'll proably mean one Emerald remake...

Back on topic: I'm glad to see the forest and city back as well. Got to say, I like the look of it from what I've seen compared to the BW's versions.

Mr Cat Dog
June 13th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Ugh, at Black City making a comeback. This only re-confirms my desire to get White 2 when it eventually arrives. I really wish Game Freak had just abandoned both of them, but it appears they're still here to stay. At least the new caves sound kinda cool, in their own way!

Hoenn
June 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM
One game is Water based, while the other is Magma based. When I saw Magma it initially put the RS remake hint into my head but yeah this is a great idea, I'm always looking for a decent Water & Fire type for my team. Oh and Delcatty & Lopunny, yay! I've wanted to use these two but never got round to it so I might in either White 2 or Black 2.

Zephele
June 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Perhaps they chose Water for Black 2 since an Electric cave would be difficult to differentiate from Chargestone Cave? Assuming that Chargestone Cave is still within the game, of course (which it looks like it may be from the map). That, or, as others have pointed out, maybe they'll be locations to catch Groudon and Kyogre/are references to Ruby and Sapphire.

Anyway, cool to see more version exclusives, as well as the updated White Forest/Black City. I hope they'll be updated in their function as well, so I actually have an incentive to keep a save file hanging around for the post-game content.

June 13th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I wonder how the city and forest will look when you use high link between a Black or White with a Black 2 or White 2, if that's possible at all. Will doing so make it appear like the old version for that occasion?

PlatinumDude
June 13th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I like the new caves, especially the water one. I also like the updated Black City and White Forest; I think they'll serve the same purpose as in the original B2/W2.

Xebelleon
June 13th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I was hit with two thoughts on word of this news:
- Team Magma & Team Aqua are in this???
- Groudon & Kyogre caves? Again? Really???

But given mention of version exclusivity of Electabuzz line & Magmar line, such wilds would likely be in different area types. Buzz in Chargestone perhaps.

Nice to hear that Black City and White Forest are back. However, with earlier mention of "if you've got Black then get Black*2, and vice versa", I am curious as to White Forest being in Black*2. Not that it matters as I already own B & W and own two DS units (three, with consideration of DSi).

If Kyogre and Groundon are in it than most likely that'll proably mean one Emerald remake...

Or another HGSS thing, where its a revisit of the other storyline (Crystal) with modifications to game exclusives (Emerald not having wild Roselia or Meditite).

June 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Perhaps the caves are merely easter eggs for the 10th anniversity of RS. I can see them having some Hoenn dex Pokemon of that type like Feebas for the water cave and Torcoal for Magma cave.

Zayphora
June 13th, 2012, 04:34 PM
WAITAMINUTE. What if the sci-fi looking Opelucid is in White2 now?! OH NOOOO they better not do that. I'd get so mad.

June 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
WAITAMINUTE. What if the sci-fi looking Opelucid is in White2 now?! OH NOOOO they better not do that. I'd get so mad.
I don't think they'll going to do that, most likely they'll keep advanced Opelucid in Black since Black city is in black too, the games and mascot color and look of it now match the city look and name (ex: Black city with Black Kyurem, with tech (Zekrom is tech looking) )

Hikamaru
June 13th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Ugh, at Black City making a comeback. This only re-confirms my desire to get White 2 when it eventually arrives. I really wish Game Freak had just abandoned both of them, but it appears they're still here to stay. At least the new caves sound kinda cool, in their own way!

Well Cat Dog, they reason Black City and White Forest are being retained is to ensure compatibility with the original Black and White.

I loved Black City's design so I'm glad they're back.

P0kelegend
June 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM
The water/magma caves are definitely interesting. It seems odd to have a water cave for Black 2 when the mascot is based on electricity so I would have thought one would be Magma, and the other would have electricity. Definitely seems like caves to catch Kyogre or Groudon so I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the game.

Altairis
June 13th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I think there's going to be massive cave differences if it's going to be an actual cave you have to go through (not just one you can optionally explore). Because in a water cave they can use Surf/Waterfall/Dive, while you can't do that on a Magma cave, so I think that it will be more land based with Strength/Rock Smash featured more in the cave, like the cave team Magma was in before in RSE.

SouKoLian9102
June 14th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Idea of Kyogre and Groudon is awesome. I love Gen 3 so hopefully those 2 and Rayquaza can be caught in-game. The White Forest/Black City renovations are looking great too. I can't wait 'till the game comes out in Australia.

Forever
June 14th, 2012, 07:45 AM

lol that would be kinda awesome. But dunno why, since they couldn't really be "inspired" by somewhere else and I don't think they could make that much of a dramatic change in two years.

Mr Cat Dog
June 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Well Cat Dog, they reason Black City and White Forest are being retained is to ensure compatibility with the original Black and White.

I loved Black City's design so I'm glad they're back.
Given that multiple cities have changed, and parts of the country have been frozen over, I guess I thought that the poor old Black City/White Forest may have used this opportunity to 'disappear' as well. But, apparently not... sigh.

Aamelo
June 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Well. Theorachly the area where the Black Forest and Black City were are covered in Ice in the new map. Witch is a bit weird, actually.

And I just Love the Concept of the Fire-Water Caves. Reminds me of Hailfire Peaks for some reason xD

miltankRancher
June 15th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave? The caves points out to a near RS remake. They put signs of it everywhere in the past generations, and I think this caves (Serebii used water (aqua) and magma caves) points out to this. I hope Black gets the Magma cave. Awesome.

I am not a big fan of neither the city nor the forest, so I am pretty much, uhmm... Not excited for them. But I am curious as where they could be? their original location is ice-blocked.

Khrysta
June 15th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave? The caves points out to a near RS remake. They put signs of it everywhere in the past generations, and I think this caves (Serebii used water (aqua) and magma caves) points out to this. I hope Black gets the Magma cave. Awesome.

I am not a big fan of neither the city nor the forest, so I am pretty much, uhmm... Not excited for them. But I am curious as where they could be? their original location is ice-blocked.

All of the old Remake hints were people though XD

Bill was referenced a few times in R/S/E and Jasmine was in D/P/Pt.

And no the Magma Cave is in White. The Water Cave is in Black.

rocky505
June 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Your right Xander but I have a feeling Steven is the hint person since he is so far the only hoenn person in the WT. But it's possible that they are keeping others a secret.

Khrysta
June 15th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Your right Xander but I have a feeling Steven is the hint person since he is so far the only hoenn person in the WT. But it's possible that they are keeping others a secret.

Ya, but he also made a Cameo in HG/SS. Not to mention they have Lance who represents Johto as a Champion and Cynthia who is Champion of Sinnoh. Since all four previous champions are in this its hard to take Steven's presence there when three others are also shown without the rest of their Gym Leaders as meritable proof.

Only SOLID thing we do have are the caves, which even I won't try to refute. Though it still isn't really enough as a whole. Cause as I joked earlier, they could simply throw Groudon and Kyogre in to troll us.

June 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Perhaps the caves have special stones (return of Ruby and Sapphire stones?) that Steven is after and after we get it he could give us a medal for completing the mission...
Oh perhaps they're just caves with powerful water and fire and/or ground types

Khrysta
June 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Perhaps the caves have special stones (return of Ruby and Sapphire stones?) that Steven is after and after we get it he could give us a medal for completing the mission...
Oh perhaps they're just caves with powerful water and fire and/or ground types

None of the World Tournament Characters play any part in the story. They are only there for the World Tournament.

Aamelo
June 15th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I Honestly just think they are normal caves, normal, with no especial event (?), and the only different between them is the water-lava. D:

Aquarius1997
June 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
^ lol so many people would be let down

I hope that the concept that black city and white forest had in B/W changes
You had to get there fast enough to keep some people in the town/city from leaving
Source (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/blackcitywhiteforest.shtml)

I get to those areas so late in the game that by the time im there, there is only three people left

June 15th, 2012, 09:54 PM
The speed thing for me makes little sense, why have people rush though the game?
Well we don't know if the World Tournament people won't have any events in game. It could be like in HgSs where Steven was there for starters, and Beldum but also played a role in the Lati@s event caused by a wi-fi event item.

Forever
June 15th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah maybe it's only activated from the first time you visit either the forest or the city.

As for the magma/water area, I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't something special there, even a slight location for the story, maybe.

Xebelleon
June 15th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Be awesome if Surf can be used on LAVA in this. Shame to only (?) do it in Ranger Guardian Signs (on Torkoal only).

vaporeon7
June 16th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Yeah maybe it's only activated from the first time you visit either the forest or the city.

As for the magma/water area, I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't something special there, even a slight location for the story, maybe.

Being version exclusive, I doubt it will play a role in the story. Maybe something post-game with a reference to Team Aqua/Magma...?

Zayphora
June 16th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I hated black city. I had expected it to be really epic, but when I got there there was NO ONE THERE>>>>>.> because I don't have any friends to wifi with. DERRP>..>

June 16th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Perhaps they share a similar role like how the mascots share a similar role and yet are version exclusives themselves...
I like the entrances to Black city and White Forest much better than the Imo boring entrance in BW.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
June 17th, 2012, 02:17 PM
I love all the speculation that it could lead to something Ruby-Sapphire related :)

I'm particularly excited by the thought of the fire cave, I must say :)

June 17th, 2012, 03:30 PM
This thought came to me when I was exploring Magma's hideout in Emerald, wouldn't it be cool if the caves had remixes of the Magma and Aqua's hideout?
What if the caves are actually Terra and Marine caves? They do change location...

Perrie ✿
June 17th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I hope there is some use for the caves. It would be a nice place to house Groudon and Kyogre. Even though they appeared in HG/SS, it would give the fans another R/S hint to obsess over. It would be a shame to see them go to waste.

If it doesn't house a legendary Pokemon, it'll probably just be like the Chargestone cave which had potential to be interesting but instead was just a dragged out maze.

June 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Maybe these are the caves that lead to Shizui's town, in a screenshot the player stood in the beach with the rival talking tl Shizui and there was a cave behind them...(interestingly Shizui has a dialect found in Kyushu (what Hoenn is based on). So they might be puzzels too.

Forever
June 18th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Maybe these are the caves that lead to Shizui's town, in a screenshot the player stood in the beach with the rival talking tl Shizui and there was a cave behind them...(interestingly Shizui has a dialect found in Kyushu (what Hoenn is based on). So they might be puzzels too.

A water cave would make sense near him, yes, but the purpose of a fire cave just in front of a water gym leader defies what B/W set up of making it easier the area before, rather, this would make it harder.

June 18th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I would perfer if it were harder actually xD
Though even the water cave would be difficult as water isn't super effective against water either...
Also I just noticed but the major caves have Lightning (the one before Skyla's), Fire, and Water like the Johto trio...perhaps...

Livewire
June 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Awwww I wanted Elekid in Black, not Magby. :p

The new areas sound pretty cool though. Yet another not so obvious RSE hint.

June 19th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I wonder if perhaps they'll have a ingame trade for the version exclusives like they did for Petilil, and Cottonee in where you give the one in your game and get the one from the other game.
I'm hoping for one more version exclusive spot but likely that's it.

Haseyo
June 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Yeah I liked that trade, it was useful. Not these "Oh, do you have a Dratini? Wanna trade for my Magikarp?"

Excuse me?

wombateiro
June 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Perhaps that water/magma cave is underwater area. Route to Undella might be blocked by ice boundary, so player would have to dive to bypass the boundary. And would have to go through that cave on the way.

June 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
^ That would be cool and give Dive a use in the game's journey. I think that cave is the one that leads to Shizui's town since he's water, a cave under water wouldn't be that far fetched.

Eneko
June 19th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I saw the fire and water cave scans and thought of a Ruby/Sapphire remake.. I should stop getting my hopes up. >3>

bwburke94
June 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I saw the fire and water cave scans and thought of a Ruby/Sapphire remake.. I should stop getting my hopes up. >3>
They likely have Groudon and Kyogre (with Rayquaza obtainable just like in HGSS) which means no Hoenn remakes for now.

June 19th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I don't think they'll have G or K but simply be special caves that lead to Shizui's town, perhaps it's a symbol he might be the last gym leader as Iris and Drayden had a version exclusive town themselves in BW.

Khrysta
June 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I think the caves are after story and not part of the main story. So really they are just something new to set the two versions apart but aren't going to hold a lot of substance.

Glaceon_
June 19th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I think the caves are after story and not part of the main story. So really they are just something new to set the two versions apart but aren't going to hold a lot of substance.

Much like how Black City and White Forest were in BW. I have to agree with you, there. I'm still interested in exploring them, though; hopefully the caves are more expansive and have plenty for us to venture through. I don't really want just a small area that acts as a small section of the map where you can capture certain Pokemon, like what White Forest was.

Though speaking off, I'm interested to see what has happened with those exclusive locations. I'm hoping at least a little more has been done with them, aside from the pretty small role that was given to it and Black City, before. Though if there is, I get the feeling it may be post-main game.

@ Minor RS Remake hint comments: I think there were quite a few jabs towards HG remakes with Platinum; the most blatant being the TV show that ran when you first started the game, so hopefully... the not-so-obvious pokes will hold true. After all, it could be in reference to the cave you go through to reach Groudon/Kyogre-- heck, maybe they're even down there, waiting for you to confront them!

Though I doubt that.

Aquarius1997
June 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Just adding fire to Magmaruby and Aquasapphires suggestion

What if the caves are a waypoint where you had to go through to reach undella town,but deep in the cave Groudon and Kyogre is located.

You cant acsess the end of the cave until you beat the game and a mysterious landfall cleared the way, its likely because Pokemon has done it before (Sinnoh victory road where you cant acsess shaymin until you defeat elite 4)

Reshiram Man
June 20th, 2012, 05:58 AM
I feel it is just something to create more of a difference.
And plus, we have already seen enough Groudon and Kyogre for now, with it having already been in RSE and HG/SS, and in the future, possibly a RSE remake.
I don't want them in this game, but if they are, the caves are where they would most likely be put.

June 20th, 2012, 11:03 PM
The water detour route makes me wonder if possibly the cave wouldn't be accessable at all until after the E4 as stated by others. Maybe the cave is simply the new Challenger cave but with an added easter egg look to it in tribute to the 10th anniversity of RS.

Forever
June 28th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Since this is still for discussing Black City and White Forest, I just read about the skyscraper and the hollow, and thinking about it without having really seen anything I think I like the idea/design of the new skyscraper more than what I do of White Forest with the hollow. :( Not that they're majorly different, but still!

June 28th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I haven't seen any pictures of the hollow yet so I can't really judge on that, but the skyscraper look pretty awesome.
I wonder if you can beat both if you defeat one and than switch and challenge that one.

Zayphora
June 29th, 2012, 04:13 AM
WAITAMINUTE do you have to wifi with people to get the skyscraper or the hollow if you do I will DIE *rage*

bwburke94
June 29th, 2012, 11:51 AM
No. You only need both games.