PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Masterball used on ?

Charto
June 19th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Hey, Ive beated the E4 and still have my Masterball. So i was wondering.

On wich Pokemon have you used your masterball? and why ?

Ephemeral Euphoria
June 19th, 2012, 12:36 PM
The roaming legendaries, because hunting them down for days on end can be a pain.

Bofahad
June 19th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Wassup?

Well i used my Master Ball on Tornadus
Because they run away everytime..

I used Ultra ball on every other legendary takes 5-15 ball..

When you fight Landurus he doesn't run away.. he fights!

So simple awnser: Use it on Tornadus if you play Black Version, Use it on Thundurus if you play White Version..

In this way you will catch all legendaries! :)

Hope this helped!

Charto
June 19th, 2012, 12:48 PM
but if you use Mean Look or other attack that blocks the fled ability its useless to use master :o ... i transfered my gengar just for that :o

Bofahad
June 19th, 2012, 12:53 PM
but if you use Mean Look or other attack that blocks the fled ability its useless to use master :o ... i transfered my gengar just for that :o

Using Mean Look will save your Master Ball..
EDIT: My freind gave me Pokémon helding Master Ball so i used to have two..

Plasmette
June 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Roaming. You'd think they would stay in after YOU PUT THEM TO SLEEP. But Nope.avi

I had no Pokemon with Mean Look, so after a while I just gave up and used my MB.

PlatinumDude
June 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I used the Master Ball on Tornadus/Thundurus. It's too tiring to weaken them, only to have them run and change location after each attack.

Haseyo
June 19th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I enjoy the challenge of catching Pokemon, so I haven't used one since Gen II.

If anything, I'd say a roaming, but Tornadus/Thundurus is so easy to catch. You can easily run in and out the terminal around Opelucid City and force him to spawn in a route >_> Took me literally 5 minutes. One paralyze and got him down to half, then caught 'em in one Dusk Ball.

If you just want to get rid of it, then use it on those, but it's honestly not needed at all.

Porynoir
June 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I caught Tornadus with either a Great Ball or a Ultra ball, can't remember, first shot, full HP.

gugu3
June 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM
In Reshiram... Misclicked Master Ball instead of pressing the Ultra Ball button. *facepalm*

Mango Dolphin
June 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
What Masterball? I just ran around and caught him after a few(and by few I mean about over 9000) tries. I only use Ultra Balls. Once I got so frustrated I just started throwing Ultra Balls at him.

I would use the Masterball if it takes too long to catch the Pokemon(Like Tornadus and Kyurem, but luckily I caught them already), but all I have left is Landorus, so time to defeat the E4 again, get Thundrus, ???, and go to Landorus!

Aquarius1997
June 19th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I brought 50 dusk balls to catch a red health kyurem

They all ran out --__--

I just chucked a masterball to end it

The Canceler
June 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I used my Master Ball on Volcarona, because I caught all of the other Legendaries by other means, to challenge myself, and I don't want to deal with a level 70 Bug/Grass type, considering my starter is Serperior. XD So, yeah, I got lazy and went for it. The first time I played through SoulSilver, I didn't use my Master Ball at all. I caught Lugia, Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Latias, Groudon, the three birds, AND the three beasts all with Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, and other stuff. So, I just had a Master Ball wasting space in my bag. :P

Ultimate Uchiha
June 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I got tired of failing epically with ultra balls with Kyurem so I ended up using my master ball on it.

Rivvon
June 21st, 2012, 11:16 PM
I used my first Master Ball on Tornadus, because I wanted to soft reset a good nature for him. My second was used on Virizion after I finally managed to soft reset him to be shiny!

curiousnathan
June 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
My Reshiram, simply because usually at that point in the game I cbf fighting the mascot, after battling so many trainers and usually enemies beforehand, so I just throw my masterball at it for an easy capture. HGSS being an exception where I saved it for Mewtwo, after catching Ho-oh with a regular Pokeball. xD

Axeliira
June 22nd, 2012, 09:48 PM
I used my masterball on Zekrom. Primarily I wanted to catch it, because the thing was RIGHT THERE and its like...waiting for me to catch it. I wanted to use it on Virizion, but it was lower-leveled anyways, it'd be a waste. So I went ahead and threw it on Zekrom.

Renegade1
June 23rd, 2012, 05:15 AM
In Reshiram... Misclicked Master Ball instead of pressing the Ultra Ball button. *facepalm*

I accidentally used it too, on Reshiram

Hikamaru
June 23rd, 2012, 05:29 AM
I used mine to catch Reshiram as well cos I wanted to finish the game quickly.

I was such a noob when I realized I could have used it on something better.

Yeah, I'll learn from my mistake... at least my Reshiram got a beneficial nature.

NoVideoFound
June 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
i most of the time try to save the masterBall and just put the pokemon to sleep and try the best non masterBall i got work alot of times

playinpokemon
June 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
I don't think I ever used mine, I was too scared I would eventually see a shiny XD

Mentalii
June 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I haven't used mine. For once, I wanted a game where I wouldn't use it, and do my best to catch legendaries with UltraBalls and so on. Actually, I didn't catch them all yet, but one thing's for sure, I won't use my Master Ball.
However, if I had used it I guess it would've been on the roaming Pokémon.

Altairis
June 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM
In one of my games I used it to catch Reshiram/Zekrom because I didn't want to deal with throwing a ton of Pokeballs. However in the other game I read online that they're actually really easy to catch so then I just saved my Masterball for later, and I still have it in one of my games.

Asuf
June 26th, 2012, 01:37 AM
In Black, I was thinking about using it on Tornadus but instead I decided to be patient. I taught false swipe to my Samurott, weakened it, then kept using quick ball each encounter, took me only 11 attempts...
I only use my Master Ball on Mewtwo in Firered, it suits it well.

Mystical Mermaid
June 26th, 2012, 09:06 AM
I generally use the Master Ball to capture roaming Pokemon, which in this case was Tornadus and Thundurus in their respective games. This saves me hours of chasing them down with trial-and-error tactics. While it's tempting to use them on Reshiram and Zekrom in N's Castle, I restrain myself. It's fairly easy to catch with Ultra Balls, and having acess to the PC means you can swap your team freely before challenging N and Ghetsis. Even on higher-leveled legendaries, I see no reason to use the Master Ball when it can be saved for keeping me from getting a headache.

Mr Cat Dog
June 27th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Reshiram. Only because I had to catch it, so I didn't want to have some big battle that might end up not working, so it ended as soon as it began with me using the Master Ball on it. Yay!

Sonicmon
June 27th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I think that even if you kill Reshiram,he stays there,you just restart,and besides,didn't reshiram and zekrom have the highest catch rate of a legendary(5.8% i think?)I used my masterball on tornadus though.

Shining Armor
June 27th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Well since I'm not so lucky with ultra balls, i used Master as always at Legendary pokemon in this case Zekrom.

Patchisou Yutohru
June 27th, 2012, 06:42 AM
In my most recent playthrough, I didn't use it on any. In my past playthroughs, I used it on the roaming (I forget which one, the genie cloud thing that's in White) and Zekrom.

Iceman3317
June 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Used mine on Thundros. All the others I used a dusk ball on except Kyrium. Think I used an Ultra on him.

Talli
June 27th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Don't remember the name but the legend sitting in Victory road as I didn't heal my party before the battle.

bwburke94
June 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Always use the Master Ball on the roamer. It's too annoying to catch otherwise.

Raichupacabra
June 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I only use Poke Balls so I kept it with me. But if I didn't catch Tornadus in a Poke Ball, a Master Ball would be my next choice.

Reshiram. Only because I had to catch it, so I didn't want to have some big battle that might end up not working, so it ended as soon as it began with me using the Master Ball on it. Yay!

It and Zekrom are actually the easiest legendary Pokemon to catch alongside their Gen IV counterparts and Shaymin.

Alli
June 29th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Tornadus and Thundurus. I have no time to chase them lol.

Haneen
July 3rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
I used it on my Reshiram, because.. I honestly don't know xD I just thought I should throw it on the most powerful pokemon! [at the moment] and it was Reshi..

KinForce
July 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Wasted it on Zekrom DX I always say to myself: "Now, keep calm...don't waste it...SHOOT...STUPID ZEKROM GET IN THE DAMN ULTRA BALL! GAH, ILL USE A WOBBOFET FOR THUNDURUS! *uses master ball* oh gawd...what have i done? T.T" ^^" i'm happy cuz in bw2 you won't catch the mutated kyurem at once... xD

Nemesis51
July 3rd, 2012, 03:00 PM
I use my master ball on the pokemon close to the end of the game that's the box art for the game lol. Basicly you only get one chance and I don't want to mess up so I just throw the master ball at them lol

Absol
July 3rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
I have never used a Master Ball in any game. I forget about it and I end up weakening the legendary and throwing a few ultra balls. As for the roaming legendaries, I don't bother with them at all. I have a ton of legendaries roaming free and waiting to be caught in my games.

Zephele
July 3rd, 2012, 07:57 PM
I've never used the Master Ball in previous games, nor in past playthroughs of White, so I doubt I'd ever use it. If anything, I'm most likely to use it on the roaming Pokemon if I decide to settle down and actually work on the post-game content.

vaporeon7
July 4th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I never used mine, I actually never do in any of the games. I just hoard them pointlessly. Who knows, maybe one day I'll come across a shiny that can explode or teleport and need it.

Aerinoctis
July 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I always use it on the mascot of the game. So I used it on Zekrom. Then I did what any decent person would do and put him in the box after I beat the plot.

I hate catching Pokémon on my team with anything other than a PokéBall. The game feels more real that way.

KyokuseiXRyusei
July 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I used my Masterball on Reshirem. I tend to use specific types of Pokeballs on certain Pokemon by matching their colors, types, appearances. So I thought "Hmm...White, Purple, Orange! Okay, Masterball for Reshirem." ^.^ Though it only took a Dusk Ball for me the get Kyurem. Insane, right?

Boomburst
July 8th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I used it on Kuyrem so I could just get that thing out of the way. Plus, it had a catch rate of 3. :/

Forever
July 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I already knew not to use the masterball on Reshiram/Zekrom. n_n So Tornadus/Thundurus for me. I kinda didn't want to catch Thundurus, though, because I knew I'd never see its wonderful animation thing again. :(

Cyclone
July 14th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Haven't used it yet. Got Tornadus, Cobalion, and Virizion all in other types of balls. I expect to get Terrakion the same way, and will need to borrow Thunderus someday to get Landorus. I'll worry about that later.

Always use the Master Ball on the roamer. It's too annoying to catch otherwise.
Wrong. Watchog, L50+, and Mean Look stops it from running away. I then put it to sleep to stave off some attacks, use a few Super Fangs, then start chucking balls. Got him in a Great Ball after some Ultra Balls failed. I use Watchog on every important capture; even used him on a Pawniard battle and for both Deino and Heatmor on Victory Road (used a regular Pokéball on one, and a Heal Ball on the other as I left a slot in my party for it).

Tornadus did get away once. He managed a crit. against Watchog and ran as soon as the next Pokémon emerged. It wasn't happening the second time; I got used some nice Lemonade to ensure crits. didn't have a lasting effect.

So yes, still holding my Master Ball. Landorus I expect to be caught like Tornadus, so it may go unused.

Cyclone

Calvolt
July 14th, 2012, 08:34 AM
My little brother took my Pokémon White and caught a Cofagrigus with it...
Wasn't even a good natured one... :pink_frown:

Cyclone
July 14th, 2012, 09:07 AM
My little brother took my Pokémon White and caught a Cofagrigus with it...
Wasn't even a good natured one... :pink_frown:
Congrats Calvolt, you caught a Cofagrigus! :)

Don't tell me he then hit Save, thinking he was being helpful?

Cyclone

Esper
July 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I've only ever used a Master Ball to catch Mewtwo. I'm saving mine in BW for the off chance that I encounter a shiny Pokemon while I'm not using the right Pokemon to catch it. You know, like I don't have anything that can put it to sleep or whatnot.

droomph
July 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
^Yeah, me too.

Though I've never seen a shiny and probably never will. And even then, I'd probably be too anal about keeping my Master Ball that I wouldn't use it :P

Katie the Friendly Ghost
July 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I caught Tornadus with either a Great Ball or a Ultra ball, can't remember, first shot, full HP.
Same here, except I think it was Thunderus. Plus I was saving my Masterball for a random shiny that'd I'd eventually have to encounter. Sadly, I still have my Masterball, meaning no shiny. :P

Lt. Col. Fantastic
July 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I used my masterball on a shelmet.

I caught all legendaries with quick balls. Except reshiram, I used a pokeball for him (he was asleep with full hp)

Ninjagon
July 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM
I use them for pretty much what everyone else does - roaming pokemon. They are indeed annoying so just catch them just like that.