PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [Spoiler]Elite 4 Discussion

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 06:28 AM
The Elite Four and Champion is being released now.

Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 56, Drifblim Lv. 56, Golurk Lv. 56, Chandelure Lv. 58
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Liepard Lv. 56, Scrafty Lv. 56, Krookodile Lv. 56, Bisharp Lv. 58
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 56, Sigilyph Lv. 56, Reuniclus Lv. 56, Gothitelle Lv. 58
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 56, Sawk Lv. 56, Mienshao Lv. 56, Conkeldurr Lv. 58
Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 57, Druddigon Lv. 57, Aggron Lv. 57, Archeops Lv. 57, Lapras Lv. 57, Haxorus Lv. 59

Iris has completely caught me off guard, for she is the new Champion.
Anyways, this is the thread where you discuss this Elite 4 and Champion for B2W2.

EDIT: Rematches Teams Released:
Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 72, Mismagius Lv. 72, Froslass Lv. 72, Drifblim Lv. 72, Golurk Lv. 72, Chandelure Lv. 74
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Liepard Lv. 72, Houndoom Lv. 72, Scrafty Lv. 72, Honchkrow Lv. 72, Krookodile Lv. 72, Bisharp Lv. 74
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 72, Sigilyph Lv. 72, Reuniclus Lv. 72, Gothitelle Lv. 72, Gallade Lv. 72, Metagross Lv. 74
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 72, Sawk Lv. 72, Mienshao Lv. 72, Medicham Lv. 72, Lucario Lv. 72, Conkeldurr Lv. 74
Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 76, Druddigon Lv. 76, Aggron Lv. 76, Archeops Lv. 76, Lapras Lv. 76 Haxorus Lv. 78

EDIT 2: Challenge Mode Teams:

First Time:

Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 56, Drifblim Lv. 56, Golurk Lv. 56, Banette Lv. 56, Chandelure Lv. 58
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Liepard Lv. 56, Scrafty Lv. 56, Krookodile Lv. 56, Absol Lv. 56, Bisharp Lv. 58
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 56, Sigilyph Lv. 56, Reuniclus Lv. 56, Gothitelle Lv. 56, Metagross Lv. 58
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 56, Sawk Lv. 56, Mienshao Lv. 56, Lucario Lv. 56, Conkeldurr Lv. 58
Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 57, Druddigon Lv. 57, Aggron Lv. 57, Archeops Lv. 57, Lapras Lv. 57, Haxorus Lv. 59

Rematch:
Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 73, Gengar Lv. 73, Froslass Lv. 73, Drifblim Lv. 73, Golurk Lv. 73, Chandelure Lv. 75
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Honchkrow Lv. 73, Scrafty Lv. 73, Krookodile Lv. 73, Houndoom Lv. 73, Tyranitar Lv. 73, Bisharp Lv. 75
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 73, Alakazam Lv. 73, Reuniclus Lv. 73, Gothitelle Lv. 73, Gallade Lv. 73, Metagross Lv. 75
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 73, Sawk Lv. 73, Mienshao Lv. 73, Machamp Lv. 73, Lucario Lv. 73, Conkeldurr Lv. 75
Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 82, Salamence Lv. 82, Aggron Lv. 82, Archeops Lv. 82, Lapras Lv. 82, Haxorus Lv. 84

Xander Olivieri
June 21st, 2012, 06:46 AM
Ya Iris caught me off Guard too since Bulbapedia said Alder was still Champion. Now we know why the Dragon Gym only has Drayden in it. XD

Kenshin5
June 21st, 2012, 06:53 AM
If anything I thought it would have been the other way around and Drayden would have been Champion. Definitely not foreseeing this. Glad to see them at higher levels as well on first go around. Kind of disappointed that Grimsley still has Liepard on his team, hoping he drops it during the second go around. Curious why they have Aggron and Lapras. Considering Lapras is Ice type after all...

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
I think it should have been the other way around. Drayden seems more of a Champion kind of person than Iris. Although, Iris may have learned a lot in the 2 years, and then Alder retired, and she took the position.

Livewire
June 21st, 2012, 06:59 AM
I WAS RIGHT! I called Iris being the champion on IRC last night.

The lack of more Gen I-IV Pokemon kind of irks me though. Although Iris looks pretty tough.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
How old was she in b/w about 10 she may be the youngest champion we had yet

All i want to see is all thier new sprites,especially shauntal grimsley and iris

PlatinumDude
June 21st, 2012, 07:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that the E4 in B2/W2 is the same as the original. And Iris is the champion?! I kind of expected Drayden to be the champ, but Iris? Wow, just...wow.

Kenshin5
June 21st, 2012, 07:06 AM
http://pokebeach.com/news/0612/pokemon-black-2-white-2-pre-coverage/iris.jpg
Here is a pic of Iris, she doesn't look much different.

And Livey they will probably have a few more come round 2. Aquarius I don't know if they really stated it.

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Shauntal dropped Jellicent, most likely because of Shizui and Pokedex completion, and got Drifblim. I think that is an okay change for her.

Porynoir
June 21st, 2012, 07:16 AM
I almost was expecting it to be Cynthia, even Steven. I hated Alder, he was SOO easy. But Cynthia was still difficult. Who thought of Iris? And like Aquarius said, she is probably only 13-15. The other champions were AT LEAST 18.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 07:18 AM
Wow she looks older for a thirteen year old Ha

You can tell by the clothes she wears that she has grown mentally into a young women(whoooa Oprah moment)

Now i need is my beatiful shauntal and her close friend grimsley

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 07:58 AM
Well hit DANG. Iris?! Would not have expected that. That's pretty awesome, though. I love that they're all so strong, too! The levels this time around are much more impressive.

Perrie ✿
June 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM
Annoyed at the fact that they still have the same Pokemon from before. Except Shauntal with Drifblim. Completely shocked at Iris being the champ.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 08:49 AM
Annoyed at the fact that they still have the same Pokemon from before. Except Shauntal with Drifblim. Completely shocked at Iris being the champ.

Hah just noticed that now im pissed as well

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Wow so like that Iris has a role, and that is the Pokemon League Champion. as for the Elite Four, eh similar teams but at least it's more of a challenge this time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 21st, 2012, 09:18 AM
I too wished they would've changed teams...
Iris...well I did hear someone suggest that...I wonder what this means for the anime xD (Ash turns to Iris who completed his dream)

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 09:44 AM
I too wished they would've changed teams...
Iris...well I did hear someone suggest that...I wonder what this means for the anime xD (Ash turns to Iris who completed his dream)

I know one thing....the anime and games are so much changed now XD

Oh...and if Iris is the new champion...what happens to Alder? XD Will he be similar to how Steven was in Emerald then?

Mew~
June 21st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Wasn't expecting Iris either, not saying I don't like the idea though. That vs screen looks absolutely fantastic. I love her get up, she looks the same, but a lot more fresh.

Although, am I the only now who is quite surprised by her get up too? It looks a little too girly, especially with her language in the English games, and her being Bianca's bodyguard.

June 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM
Proably he will be wondering and battles players to test their skills. It's quite interesting how they went from Old to new. By the way Iris is proably 12 meaning she's not the youngest champ who was 10 year old Blue (and player characters).

Perrie ✿
June 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM
Wasn't expecting Iris either, not saying I don't like the idea though. That vs screen looks absolutely fantastic. I love her get up, she looks the same, but a lot more fresh.

Although, am I the only now who is quite surprised by her get up too? It looks a little too girly, especially with her language in the English games, and her being Bianca's bodyguard.

Iris was just acting that way. I mean she was like what... 10? She would have matured a bit by now. I think her new outfit is quite cute tbh.

Reshiram Man
June 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 72, Mismagius Lv. 72, Froslass Lv. 72, Drifblim Lv. 72, Golurk Lv. 72, Chandelure Lv. 74

Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Liepard Lv. 72, Houndoom Lv. 72, Scrafty Lv. 72, Honchkrow Lv. 72, Krookodile Lv. 72, Bisharp Lv. 74

Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 72, Sigilyph Lv. 72, Reuniclus Lv. 72, Gothitelle Lv. 72, Gallade Lv. 72, Metagross Lv. 74

Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 72, Sawk Lv. 72, Mienshao Lv. 72, Medicham Lv. 72, Lucario Lv. 72, Conkeldurr Lv. 74

Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 76, Druddigon Lv. 76, Aggron Lv. 76, Archeops Lv. 76, Lapras Lv. 76 Haxorus Lv. 78

Liepard is a dissapointment, but otherwise, the rematch teams look amazing.

June 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Her outfit seems cute, it reminds me of a Miko priestest...

Since the E4 have the pratically the same team first time around it's possible their rematch teams will be the same except for Shantel who will have to get a new one as she already has Driftbrim.

Xander Olivieri
June 21st, 2012, 10:12 AM
Rematch teams for E4

Lol Reshiram Man ninja'd me.

Perrie ✿
June 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM
Seems like these people are blazing through the games...

I'm not too fussed about the rematch teams. Why does Iris have the same Pokemon though? Dragonite, Salamence and Altaria need lovin'

Toshiro.
June 21st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Oh Iris, sneaking up through the ranks. Surprised me.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 10:30 AM
Here's her character battle sprite...and that battle background....

http://www.serebii.net/images/iris2.jpg

Now that is an extravagant dress she has.

June 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Wow looks awesome ^_^ love the star background too.
Her teams the same...darn I wanted her to have a Salamence.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 10:42 AM
Wow looks awesome ^_^ love the star background too.
Her teams the same...darn I wanted her to have a Salamence.

Salamence needs some love again. I would have taken out her Aggron for it.

Jellicent♀
June 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Here's her character battle sprite...and that battle background....

http://www.serebii.net/images/iris2.jpg

Now that is an extravagant dress she has.

LOOOOOOOLLL.
Like, that is beyond ridiculous. xD
Of course this super young girl would want to go all out with being Champion. xD
This is awesome, purely. I wish her team would have changed, too, but I'll get over it.

Zephele
June 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
I can't say I was expecting Iris. I guess that's pretty cool. Reminds me of the time she was first revealed as the final gym leader for White, haha.

Her new clothes look a bit more extravagant, but they mostly seem to just be bigger, poofier versions of her previous attire. Are those cat ears and a tail I see...? Or maybe it's just a bow and some sort of sash?

Mew~
June 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Of course this super young girl would want to go all out with being Champion. xD
Completely agree, I suppose that's totally in character.

I have to admit, I'm looking forward to my battle with her now. That amazing VS screen, and space ish background. I like her team though, it's not completely dragon type orientated, which if fine with me, it seems quite unique.

June 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
I can't say I was expecting Iris. I guess that's pretty cool. Reminds me of the time she was first revealed as the final gym leader for White, haha.

Her new clothes look a bit more extravagant, but they mostly seem to just be bigger, poofier versions of her previous attire. Are those cat ears and a tail I see...? Or maybe it's just a bow and some sort of sash?
I beleive that's a puffy scarf and the 'ears' are actually a crown but it's hard to tell with the quality...

bwburke94
June 21st, 2012, 11:12 AM
I was expecting Iris from the moment it was revealed she wasn't a gym leader.

Sheep
June 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM
The background for Iris' battle looks amazing but I can't help but think her dress looks really silly in that sprite lol. Well, I'll wait till we get a higher-quality version to see. I'm pretty surprised she's the champion, though... not something I expected. @_@; She strikes me more as the type to take care of Pokemon on a ranch or something haha.

June 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
Why wouldnt they reveal the names of the other elite 4 is thier hope for new younger ones
I've been wondering this since I read their teams, we know their names already why refer to them as Elite Four (Ghost)?

Hopefully they still are the same ones.

Haseyo
June 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
I figured she would go around helping people or being Bianca's "bodyguard" again. Last thing I suspected was the Champion.

vaporeon7
June 21st, 2012, 12:18 PM
Wow! I did not expect Iris to be champion, and with such a magnificent dress. I'm relatively happy with how the E4 all looks. I think that their Pokémon are a bit more suited towards them now.

June 21st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Here's their rematch teams for the challenge mode

Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 77, Gengar Lv. 77, Froslass Lv. 77, Drifblim Lv. 77, Golurk Lv. 77, Chandelure Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Tyranitar Lv. 77, Houndoom Lv. 77, Scrafty Lv. 77, Honchkrow Lv. 77, Krookodile Lv. 77, Bisharp Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 77, Alakazam Lv. 77, Reuniclus Lv. 77, Gothitelle Lv. 77, Gallade Lv. 77, Metagross Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 77, Sawk Lv. 77, Mienshao Lv. 77, Machamp Lv. 77, Lucario Lv. 77, Conkeldurr Lv. 79<

I got to say I love this team much more than the normal mode one's.

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 01:01 PM
Here's their rematch teams for the challenge mode

Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 77, Gengar Lv. 77, Froslass Lv. 77, Drifblim Lv. 77, Golurk Lv. 77, Chandelure Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Tyranitar Lv. 77, Houndoom Lv. 77, Scrafty Lv. 77, Honchkrow Lv. 77, Krookodile Lv. 77, Bisharp Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 77, Alakazam Lv. 77, Reuniclus Lv. 77, Gothitelle Lv. 77, Gallade Lv. 77, Metagross Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 77, Sawk Lv. 77, Mienshao Lv. 77, Machamp Lv. 77, Lucario Lv. 77, Conkeldurr Lv. 79<

I got to say I love this team much more than the normal mode one's.

Wow, I love it too. The Ghost Elite Four's team is excellent and love to see Gangar in there. I can already feel the troubles and challenges this BW Elite Four will dish out.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 21st, 2012, 01:12 PM
And all of a sudden, with Iris announced as Champion, my interest in B2/W2 has suddenly skyrocketed. I'm seriously stoked by this news, and that dress is FABULOUS!

June 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
As for Iris' Challenge mode team
21:53: Champion Iris (http://www.serebii.net/images/iris2.jpg); Hydreigon Lv. 81, Salamence Lv. 81, Aggron Lv. 81, Archeops Lv. 81, Lapras Lv. 81 Haxorus Lv. 83
Salamence is in it :D! This is way better than the old one she had.

Zayphora
June 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Whoa, Iris? Shock! I had no idea whatsoever. I thought it might be Drayden, but Iris...?! I actually like it, you know that?

I am also agape at that battle screen. ITS SO PWETTY!!! *shot* And Iris's outfit is...interesting. Veeeerry interesting. I don't not like it. It's just so...Pink....and Fluffy...kidding, I really like it.

Edit- Well, this is weird. I just realized that her pose is almost identical to Lance's in HGSS. Anyone else notice that?

TheChaosBlue
June 21st, 2012, 01:20 PM
YES! Salamence is in Iris' Challenge Team! Now the BW2 Unova League is complete. XD

Wow....Alder has nothing on her now. No...BW1's Elite Four has nothing on this one now. XD

June 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
YES! Salamence is in Iris' Challenge Team! Now the BW2 Unova League is complete. XD

Wow....Alder has nothing on her now.
Yes, she's awesome. Not even Clair, Drayden, or Lance have anything on her.

As for the Pose, perhaps it's the dragon trainer champ pose, or she was trained by Lance himself xD

wombateiro
June 21st, 2012, 02:28 PM
I wasn't expecting Iris to be Champion, but I'm glad Alder got replaced. The way Champion is changed is totally the same like in Emerald.

giradialkia
June 21st, 2012, 02:37 PM
I was hugely taken aback when I heard Iris was going to be the Champion. I knew that Drayden was going to be a Gym Leader, but I'd assumed that just meant he'd be in one and she'd be in the other. This is certainly an interesting twist, haha :D
As for the teams of the Elite 4, I'm very excited to battle them. They really have been beefed up with the changes/addition of past-generation Pokemon. It's safe to say that this Pokemon League is significantly more awesome than that of Black/White (and that was pretty darn awesome). In the Challenge Mode I see the Dark Elite four member has a Tyranitar. YES PLEASE! :D

I'm a little unclear on what the Challenge Mode section actually means. If there's an option to battle them at higher levels (and it's just like.. an option), that's pretty cool. :D

June 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM
There's still some confusion on the modes, hopefully it's cleared up in the next few days.

Their challenge teams are pretty beast. I can see myself losing several times before I beat it...

Cosmotone8
June 21st, 2012, 04:42 PM
What does this news mean for the anime? :O Could ash battle her as champion? It will be interesting.
Challenge mode? I thought that rematches were enough! Hopefully its optional, or like MagmaAqua said I'll be doing it for a LONG time.

Kenshin5
June 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
I would be hesitant to to make comprasions of characters between Anime and the Games. If you want too look at it this way Blue whose counter part is Gary would have won Indigo Conference. Than Ash whose counter part is Red would have beat Gary if he faced him in Silver Conference which he did just not for the championship as it went to Jon Dickson. Both game counter parts are Champs and former champs yet neither have been in the anime. Which means just cause Iris is Champ here doesn't mean it will correlate over.

I am actually glad too see Iris as opposed to Alder cause he was in dire need of a restructuring of his team. Still wondering why Lapras and Aggron though. They don't really strike me as dragonesque.

June 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Aggron seems pretty dragonesque imo. Lapras is based on the Lock ness Monster a dinosaur...and we all know how in Pokemon Dinosaurs based Pokemon are treated as dragons. Plus the balance out against those pesky ice types.

Aquarius1997
June 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
@kenshin5 Yeah youre right
If Alder is still the champ in the anime he better give a hell of a good battle

Nwakaego
June 26th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I'd like to say that Iris being champion didn't surprise me in the least. And that my initial reaction was "but of course Iris is the champion". After all, Iris is an incredibly talented prodigy. And a high ranking Gym Leader in the original White.

But I was so pleasantly surprised when it happened. Even if it was very plausible, it didn't seem like what would happen. Pokemon has only had one female Champion before, and to be entirely honest, I wasn't even expecting the Champion for this game to be a former Gym Leader from the last game at all.

Plus being a super fan of Iris, people tend to say about life "don't get your hopes up" about things. And tend to assume against things I'd like to see happen as a fan because I figure as a fan with biases, it's not gonna happen most likely and confirmation bias is a thing.

But it happened, it really happened. It's all I could have fantasized. When I first discovered it, I was literally giddy for several hours. And her theme sounded like a celebration, which was perfect because it was a celebration for me.

Not to mention that if you count challenge mode, she is the hardest Champion to face yet. She's just amazing and impressive and everything I could have hoped for in general. Her background is the most epic I've ever seen in a Pokemon game, moving stars in the skies, and moving dark clouds below. It reminds me of fighting Queen Zeal in Chrono Trigger. In reality she's got an amazing backdrop that isn't much different from her amazing in battle area. Dragon Statue, constellation wall, red carpet, ivory floor, staircase. And an outfit that is regal and has reminded everyone of things from Japanese shrine maidens, that of a princess, to a queen, to that of a magical girl. And then, much like her theme in general, she gives this cute but fierce feline motion she makes. As if she was some kind of lion or tiger.

Iris is really as epic as ever. I think that many people mistakenly associate cuteness with weakness. Iris is both as cute and as epic and bada--(Edit: I just realized about the rules. Are we allowed to say that word?) as can be. In fact, I think by being cute, a character, shown with Iris, are actually more bada--(rules?) than if they weren't. Iris comes off with her cuteness as "resilience", and power and determination just emanates off of her in a way that could never be pulled off by someone who isn't cute. It's like you're battling the high princess of the stars and dragons. She honestly seems like she could be some kind of goddess there. She hardly even seems like a human there, more like a goddess with her overwhelming energy and theme.

She's a powerful figure. But then again I'm a big fan. I feel like I just got the biggest fanservice a fan can get with this. Thank you, Gamefreak. You are awesome for doing this.

Gulpin
June 26th, 2012, 06:57 AM
I was also caught off guard with Iris being Champion. It should have been easy to see once Drayden was announced as the leader for the 7th gym, but the thought never crossed my mind. All I thought was, "Is Iris still in the game?" and never even considered the thought that she was Champion. So, I guess it was a pleasant surprise for me.

June 26th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Wonder when she became champion.
She is quite a talented trainer being the 8th gym leader in White, though I originally expected her to be an E4 not the champion.

Wonder when she became champion.
She is quite a talented trainer being the 8th gym leader in White, though I originally expected her to be an E4 not the champion.

Forever
June 26th, 2012, 08:30 AM
It actually kinda makes sense...

Other than Juniper - you had Alder with Cheren in B/W, while Iris was with Bianca, so she was doing a kinda champion-y thing by helping out Bianca back then like Alder gives advice to those younger. That plus her role in the anime kinda makes sense to her being the champion although I'd not have cared if she had another role - she'll still be annoying to face lmao.

Kenmoor
June 27th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Is anybody wondering what kind of story that Iris herself will tell? Her rise to the Champion will be... interesting. And her role in the games...

Raichupacabra
June 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I'm happy the Elite Four stayed, and I'm also happy Alder left. I felt like he didn't deserve his title and he got it due to default. Iris seems like a cool champion and I love her battlefield. I was expecting Drayden, but I knew one of the Dragon trainers would get the title.

Jellicent♀
June 29th, 2012, 04:37 AM
I do like that they all stayed. I'm a little upset that Shauntal no longer has her Jellicent, but she replaced it with Drifblim, which is a total bro, so I'm good. I'm happy that Alder is gone, too. I never really liked him as a part of the Pokemon League, just as a wise and strong trainer.
I do wish that they would have given a small change to the other teams, too. The only one to really change anything was Shauntal. Still, I love that they're all back. <3

Zayphora
June 29th, 2012, 04:39 AM
I agree with Jellicent about Alder. He fills a lot better role as a flaming haired Yoda than as Champion. I always thought he was kind of...weird. I mean, how can you do ninja moves when you're that chubby?

bwburke94
June 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
The E4 were the same as in BW. Iris being the champion was expected as soon as we found out she wasn't a gym leader. Nothing else to say.