PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] [spoiler] B2W2 Disappointments and likes

Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
June 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Since it appears the old thread died before it could be revived here's a new one.
What were your disappointments and/or your likes?
If you could change something what would it be?
What is your rating on this game from what you've played/ seen/heard so far?

NiiTe
June 24th, 2012, 11:35 PM
One thing I didn't like was how you didn't get one Pokemon of the Trio to fight with before Post-game. Usually you want to fight the "final boss" with the strongest thing you can get. Excellent game anyways. 10/10

Sideshow Bob
June 24th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I'm not super duper disappointed, but I wish the game was like http://i.imgur.com/mEcAk.png how narrow street is.

NiiTe
June 24th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Don't they usually have 3D codes? I know they did for HG/SS.

manutdrule
June 25th, 2012, 12:19 AM
where are the water pokemons????

just like in bw1 no decent water types whatsoever to catch before getting surf (only oshawott and er marill and psyduck, not decent in my opinion),

and even after getting surf, still a meagre selection compared to other types. (damn basculins) and u get super rod so late once again. the heck srsly

Haseyo
June 25th, 2012, 02:55 AM
At first I was like "Ughhh I don't want to use Azumarill" but get one with Huge Power and suddenly it's the best Water type to use >_> Vaporeon is also a good option...if you get lucky with a dust cloud for a Water stone.

I do agree though, they could've added a tad bit more Water types before E4.

It's not enough for me to get mad at the game one bit. I have no serious disappointments so far.

- You get Leftovers MAD early
- Neo Plasma is actually a pretty good challenge, use evolved Pokemon and not Patrat all day.
- I never feel too overleveled in places. Trainers are usually up to your level in routes and in gyms
- Good Fire types and Electric type options this time
- PWT, nuff said.
- Meaty amount of Legendaries without the need of a 2 week long WiFi event, which can be easily missed
- Move tutors this generation are freaking awesome

The list goes on. I only have 6 badges so far but I haven't felt the need to complain once yet.

DuoRyan
June 25th, 2012, 11:18 AM
There isn't much that I dislike except, I wish they redesign all the Gym Leader and Elite four sprite to make it feel like 2 year later.

Twilight-kun
June 25th, 2012, 11:45 AM
It's Pokemon, I don't care if it sucks, I love it just because it's another new game and not a rehash like Platinum, Emerald and Yellow

June 25th, 2012, 12:12 PM
^ Don't forget Crystal.

One of the things I dislike is that we can't get all three Tao dragons in game other than that not much.
I would rate the game from what I've seen 4 1/2 stars.

Jak
June 25th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I haven't played it yet, so I can't really say there's anything I really like or hate. Although, I can already tell you that I'm very upset the follow-me feature wasn't brought back, especially considering there are so many interactable Pokemon, and you can CLEARLY see they have the capabilities to have them out of their Pokeballs and follow you. And they didn't at least give us that option. So yeah, not too happy about that. They're trolling me. And I'm sad.

June 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
This thread is also about likes by the way so share some of the things you like ^_^
I liked practically everything I've seen

-the music (99 percent of it)
-Iris being Champ
-Red, and Wallace being part of the world tournament (kind of dissapointed that Iris wasn't in it herself)
-The story line from what I've read

shivamwazhere
June 25th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I was disappointed that their wasnt a safari zone. i was kinda hoping Unova got one after 2 years, but beside that the games look great

June 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I was disappointed that their wasnt a safari zone. i was kinda hoping Unova got one after 2 years, but beside that the games look great
The Natural Sanctuary is sort of like a Safari Zone.

I got another disappointment...Black and White Kyurem's shiny formes, they're...quite hideous...

shivamwazhere
June 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
The Natural Sanctuary is sort of like a Safari Zone.

I got another disappointment...Black and White Kyurem's shiny formes, they're...quite hideous...

Its not the same, it dosnt feel like the safari zone

Jellicent♀
June 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
We can talk about likes here, too? c:
YAY!
Well, I'm going to put mine in a spoiler, so that way those who want to reduce the amount of info they see won't have to be spoiled by lil' ol' me.

Everything. Legit. The Pokemon included, the Pokemon excluded, the new battle features, the new C-Gear, the new forms, Hidden Hollows, etc etc. just, omg it's amazing.

I think my favorite part is what Gym Leaders were included in the game.
Shizui is obviously my favorite. I don't think anyone needs to be told that. The fact that his Gym, like the other Gyms, even get their own theme music is amazing. Yes, I love me some consistency in the Gyms, but I don't mind personality. The new themes add that bit of personality. Shizui's being so calm, tropical, and definitely reminding me that he uses Water-type Pokemon is spot on. The Pokemon selection in this game for the Gym Leaders is also much better. Rather than having whatever Pokemon is closest to them, they actually have Pokemon with a little uniqueness to them.

Another favorite is the Hidden Hollow feature. It was forever and a day before I could actually get my games connected to the internet, due to my Wi-Fi not being compatible with the DS Lite programming. Even now, i am still unsure how to use it. Because of this, I never had access to the Dream World or the abilities the Pokemon got from it. Now, with the Hidden Hollow feature, I don't have to go to the Dream World. The Pokemon within are usually a random Pokemon from the route the Hollow is located in, and each Pokemon has its Dream World exclusive Ability. What's even better is that it isn't always a Pokemon, it can be an item! Not only that, but it replenishes with a Pokemon or item daily, and more than once a day, with only a few hours in between each interaction. Yay!

I am also loving the new characters. Akuroma plays a huge role in this game, and, he's the first villain in years to find out how wrong he was, and then want to make up for it. We haven't had that since Archie and Maxie! Not only that, but his team is boss. B]
Bianca returning is another plus. Her giving you your starter and the C-Gear is uber neat. Plus she looks adorable to boot!

Lastly, my other favorite thing about this game is the selection of Pokemon. As much as I hate Zorua and Zoroark, I'm glad they're included. I hate Psyduck and Golduck, but they fit nicely and actually make sense to be in the game. Even though I wanted them so badly, Magikarp and Feebas don't have much need being in this game before the National Dex. True, they're some of the most known Water-type Pokemon in the series, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have to be there. Even Dunsparce was a good choice to throw in! The increased number of Water-types was great, the addition of Eevee and Riolu is nifty, and pink, cute, lil' Flaffy being in the game makes it even more awesome.

Haseyo
June 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
I never liked the Safari Zone. Was too easy to abuse in previous generations. Stand in one spot, and just tap any direction over and over - sat in there forever.

HG/SS Safari Zone was just stupid.

Shards could be a little more common to find. They're in decent abundance throughout the adventure, but after it's going to be a pain, especially since all the good moves are 8-10 shards :/

I hope something is available endgame to increase them.

Naya Rivera
June 25th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Likes - Most of the game tbh. I've never actually been this impressed with a Pokèmon game. This exceeds Black and White for me. :D I love the Hidden Hollows, the new areas, Roxie AND JFC NEARLY FORGOT SHIZUI. The new aesthetic changes that it brings and the expanded Pokèdex the world tournament, especially this. Battling old rivals + champions again is just so nostalgic ;_; But being in a brand new game makes it better.

Dislikes - I'd be lying if I said nothing. ): Mostly what bothers me is the competitive side of things. Flareon not getting Flare Blitz again. Certain Pokèmon being forgotten when it comes to move tutors/moves in general. And possibly the shiny block on HH Pokemon and Terrakion, Cobalion and Virizion

Boarbeque
June 26th, 2012, 12:49 AM
The game overall was much better in almost every regard than the prequels.

There is only one thing I actually dislike about BW1, and BW2 since they didn't fix it. The somewhat lack of difficulty later in the game. Sure they made it so you are almost always on par or slightly lower leveled in comparison to the gyms and normal trainers, but when the Gym Leaders only have 3 pokemon and you have a full team of 6 it is no longer difficult. Gyms 4-8 all have Leaders with only 3 pokemon. I feel like the game wasn't nearly as difficult as it could have been because of this.

Gym 4 and 5 should have had 4 pokemon each.
Gym 6 and 7 should have had 5 pokemon each.
Gym 8 and the elite four members should had had 6 pokemon each.
Alder's Grandson should have had 6 pokemon.

tvoza2
June 26th, 2012, 04:55 AM
My only disappointment is a mistake I made myself, in pre-ordering Black 2 before we knew the version Exclusives. I now have to wait for a friend to obtain an Elecabuzz, and trade it to me.

dylanchng
June 26th, 2012, 05:21 AM
One of my disappointments is that the other Gym Leaders (except for Roxie,Elesa and Shizui) doesn't come out with a new model or appearance. But overall, this B2W2 game rocks :D Oh yeah by the way I don't understand that much since the game is in Japanese, hopefully the English release will come out soon, anyone knows when?

neogeokid
June 26th, 2012, 08:02 AM
I don't have the game yet, but I've been paying attention to all the new info that has been uncovered since its release in Japan. I love everything about the new games except for the lack of a actual Game Corner. I didn't like that there was no Game Corner in B/W 1 and I was hoping they would add it in the sequels, but unfortunately not.

I love the idea of the PWT though, and I can't wait till I get my hands on the Pokedex 3D Pro and the Dream Radar, as both will be valuable assets while I'm playing the games.

bwburke94
June 26th, 2012, 09:29 AM
MAJOR SPOILERS so spoiler tagged:

Zorua and Zoroark are no longer event-only
GHETSIS!
BW save file used via Memory Link to determine Cheren and Bianca's starters
WORLD TOURNAMENT!
Game Freak didn't take the obvious route with the Shadow Triad's identities
Imposter Ditto being catchable
Haxorus did NOT get Fire Punch IIRC
DIFFICULTY LEVELS!
No more need to rely on Gen III to catch 'em all
No genies to waste your Master Ball on

Dislikes:
No Koga in World Tournament
No Iris in World Tournament
The usual one about Flareon being useless
Frozen Unova out of nowhere after being "confirmed" it was a hoax
The method of obtaining Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W being something that it was "confirmed" it wasn't
Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W being more broken than Arceus
Pokéwood being forced on the player
Pikachu being uncatchable again, even though I don't like Pikachu
Unova Dex is too large, with 297 non-events
Some of the legendary locations are impossible to find without GameFAQs
The slight alterations to Red's battle theme
No Mewtwo
Requirements for Shining Charm are too high

Twilight-kun
June 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM
MAJOR SPOILERS so spoiler tagged:

Zorua and Zoroark are no longer event-only
GHETSIS!
BW save file used via Memory Link to determine Cheren and Bianca's starters
WORLD TOURNAMENT!
Game Freak didn't take the obvious route with the Shadow Triad's identities
Imposter Ditto being catchable
Haxorus did NOT get Fire Punch IIRC
DIFFICULTY LEVELS!
No more need to rely on Gen III to catch 'em all
No genies to waste your Master Ball on

Dislikes:
The usual one about Flareon being useless
Frozen Unova out of nowhere after being "confirmed" it was a hoax
The method of obtaining Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W being something that it was "confirmed" it wasn't
Kyurem-B/Kyurem-W being more broken than Arceus
Pokéwood being forced on the player
Unova Dex is too large, with 297 non-events
Some of the legendary locations are impossible to find without GameFAQs
The slight alterations to Red's battle theme
No Mewtwo
Requirements for Shining Charm are too high

They force the Pokewood on you?

in what way?

I, for one, like the idea, and the Sprites for it look rather impressive

Haseyo
June 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM
When you first enter, you have to make a quick movie. It's takes 5minutes to do, not in any way damaging to the soul.

Xebelleon
June 26th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Only dislikes:
- a seeming lack of new egg moves, given the sequels of Crystal, Platinum, HGSS added new egg moves
- no Unown is unfortunate given the Shininng Charm

- having reason to buy a 3ds OTHER than for Animal Crossing
- Imposter Ditto in a Hidden Hollow
- Defiant Braviary as in game interaction
- early Riolu as a guilty pleasure
- Shining Charm

Forever
June 26th, 2012, 06:32 PM
When you first enter, you have to make a quick movie. It's takes 5minutes to do, not in any way damaging to the soul.

They force the Pokewood on you?

in what way?

That sounds like it'd be kinda annoying. If you just got an explanation that'd be okay but even Musicals you didn't have to do anything upon first entering. :(

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
June 26th, 2012, 08:43 PM
What I like most is the many tutoring moves that the Unova Pokemon are now capable of using! I can't wait for this game to be released!

However, from the few gameplays I watched, a potential disappointment I'm starting to point out is the same old Battle Subway normal lines where there is ONLY Unova pokemon... idk if any of you can prove me wrong about that... that's the only disappointment i see...

Nwakaego
June 26th, 2012, 08:58 PM

Dislikes:

I definitely agree with this.

Though I guess, they're busy with other things.

And Pikachu being uncatchable is always bad. Wait, is this spoilery? Maybe I shouldn't be using spoilers. Oh well.

Forever
June 26th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Though I guess, they're busy with other things.

And Pikachu being uncatchable is always bad. Wait, is this spoilery? Maybe I shouldn't be using spoilers. Oh well.

lmao I'll use spoilers just to follow the pattern.

I think it's good actually. :x Pikachu had too much attention in the past and it already has buildings/statues etc dedicated to it in B/W (and B2W2, I'd assume) so it doesn't need more.

Haseyo
June 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Too much attention? He's the mascot of Pokemon. That's like taking out Ryu from the next Street Fighter because he has "too much attention." lol

I don't see why not getting Pikachu in the game is spoiler worthy >_> If anything we're saving people time. But I'll add them anyway :D

As for the Battle Subway, I don't see the point of it anymore .-. everyone will be at PWT, and all TMs obtained from the Battle Subway have been moved to the PWT.

Forever
June 26th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Too much attention? He's the mascot of Pokemon. That's like taking out Ryu from the next Street Fighter because he has "too much attention." lol

I don't see why not getting Pikachu in the game is spoiler worthy >_> If anything we're saving people time. But I'll add them anyway :D

As for the Battle Subway, I don't see the point of it anymore .-. everyone will be at PWT, and all TMs obtained from the Battle Subway have been moved to the PWT.

idek I feel like this generation is the complete new start and moves Pikachu away from the mascot so it makes sense. :(

Me either but people may say "OH GOD NO A MINOR SPOILER AAAA" so best to avoid that imo.

I'm glad that the Subway still exists since while I didn't use it that much it was still an alternate way to test out battling strategies, so it's always good to have those - if only it counted towards exp!

SouKoLian9102
June 26th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I have the Japanese version and I love 98% of the game so far.
However, I don't really like the playable character sprites (I think I mentioned that somewhere), The 3 Pokemon for the later Gym Leaders and No outfit change for some of the Leaders. Its out of place that Elesa gets a new outfit change but the rest don't?
I know sh's a fashion model but still...

Nwakaego
June 27th, 2012, 01:11 AM
This spoiler thing is silly. So I'm gonna stop it.

Yeah, I'm with the folks who think that Pikachu does not get too much attention. Pikachu is the mascot, after all.

And loving, loving, loving the mere existence of the challenge mode. May it stick around permanently. The Pokemon fandom consists of all sorts of gamers, ... and even people who aren't gamers and follow Pokemon much in the same way Hello Kitty is typically followed. But among those people are the "hardcore" type who like a good challenge.

Challenge mode is wonderful for being able to do that.

Haseyo
June 27th, 2012, 06:45 AM
I didn't find it out of place that they haven't changed. In G/S/C the Kanto leaders still had the same outfits, right?

Forever
June 27th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I didn't find it out of place that they haven't changed. In G/S/C the Kanto leaders still had the same outfits, right?

Yeah but there's the issue of Elesa actually having a change whereas everyone else didn't. If you're doing just one why not do the rest. :(

Haseyo
June 27th, 2012, 08:20 AM
As said before, she's a fashion model. They always change outfits...hourly. lol

Forever
June 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Well I guess that does make it make a bit more sense but it still is kinda disappointing to have four exactly the same while the other four are "different" (nevermind that three are "new" - what I mean is clear lmao).

Raichupacabra
June 29th, 2012, 01:44 AM
From what I've read so far, the game seems perfect. The only thing that bugs me is that Tate and Liza (along with other returning chararacters) made no changes in appearance whatsoever.

Haseyo
June 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Personally I like how they stayed the same. It makes them who they are. But that's just me.

I wish there was a "legendary" filter in the GTS. I'm tired of searching for something simple like a Shroomish and everyone's asking for Reshiram / Zekrom / Shaymin and other ridiculous stuff. Probably my only disappoint, but that's more of the community and not the game itself.

bwburke94
June 29th, 2012, 10:20 AM
From what I've read so far, the game seems perfect. The only thing that bugs me is that Tate and Liza (along with other returning chararacters) made no changes in appearance whatsoever.
IIRC, Tate and Liza are now fought separately. That seems to be the only difference.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 30th, 2012, 10:37 AM
(B2W2 Disappointments and likes)
The Good:
*Flygon line
*Castelia City: Best. Pokemon. City. Ever.
*I was able to cobble together a more balanced (pre-planned) team than in B/W.
*I don't have to put up with a certain yellow rat.
*Female protagonist's design (kinda)
*Iris as champion (kinda)

The Not-so-good:
*Pretty much my usual gripes about not liking some of the choices concerning who was (and wasn't) included in the world tournament. The older game protagonists and Elite Four, for example. Then again, I'll probably avoid the place altogether.
*See above, but for non-Unovan Pokemon. Particularly the lack of decent cat Pokemon.
*No Vs. Seeker (again)
*Some Pokemon/fossils/evolutionary items I would've liked for my team now in postgame or very late in the story.
*Gym Leaders still with small parties.

Undecided... Storyline and the actual gameplay experience. That will have to wait till the English release.

Atomic Pirate
June 30th, 2012, 12:51 PM
The character design (Such as the awful male protagonist) is definitely lacking. Seriously, what's with the huge Bambi eyes on the protagonists? However, the inclusion of previous-gen Pokemon is a good idea.

MiTjA
June 30th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I wrote some random text full of my thoughts on BW2 recently on dA, might as well paste it here :B

Introducing the concept of "sequels" alone was a very clever step on its own already (and hopefully one that replaces dull remakes next).
(love all the referenced to BW1, they seriously did a good job trying to complement the first games. There is also a feature called Memory link, which connects to your BW1 game, and adds even more references depending on your progress on those.)

However
Not just does the main game do enough justice to warrant calling these new games,
but, there is also plenty of goodness stuffed in the post-game (almost a dozen of past "not-epic-legendary" pokes to catch) and refreshing takes on solid features (in particular I'm currently in the White forest attraction (its a battle facility, however its not detached from your actual game, meaning you gain exp and no limitations regarding levels and pokemon, you decide the pace), not to mention the famous World Tournament (with every gym leader and champion from the past, including all of their music)), they evenput in a reason to fill your pokedex for once (you get items that increase chances for breeding and shiny encounters), not to mention a "hard mode" (which even adds a pokemon to gym leaders teams, additionally to held items, higher levels and smarter AI).

I thought adding old pokemon would make the whole thing really weird, but they handled this in such a smart way that it even makes sense for over-serious fans like me. In other words, the 150 old pokemon are all either:
-in new places (so of course you havent encountered them in BW)
-in places that were only available after credits in BW (obvious example, all of east Unova)
-in old places, but always being just one, and even then quite rare (examples are, Trapinch very rare in the desert, Aron in Mistaltron cave..)
And anyways, this was another ingenius move altogether, as now with all those classic favourites of everyone, and the likes of Lucario and Eevee, or Metagross, Heracross... even players who suffered the worst culture shocks from seeing no old pokemon in Unova, have no excuse to QQ about the pokemon you can use this time!
None of them seem out of place, however people might freak out when they see Zubats and Rattatas LMAO. They're there just to piss all of you off Good one. And its like they intentionally put Grimer and Koffing in, to shut up all the Trubbish and Vanillite haters

As we all might have guessed, tons of pokemon get their hidden abilities released, and thats achieved through another interesting "pokemon encounter method" (ala Headbutt, honeytrees, fishing, pokeradar..), which is secret burrows.
Sometimes there is a hard to notice bush in the trees at the edge of a route, which you can enter, finding within perhaps an interactable pokemon, who always has its hidden ability.

Another thing that matters to competitive players, move tutors. They got everything thats needed. Yes, Stealth Rock and Roost, do I have to go on.

I don't understand japanese, so I just read short summaries of whats going on in the plot, and just from that I think its great, with the whole 2 factions of Plasma, an N who has learned his lessons already, Kyurem the energyless "corpse" of the original dragon thirsty for energy, and the logical thing Ghetsis would research next.

The new places look (and sound!) great if not better than the best we've seen in BW1, the gyms have gotten proper makeovers.

So really, altho the basic game has not changed drastically since RBY, the quality shows, and the franchise has a long future ahead if the same passionate people stay behind it.

Wanted to write a few lines, turned into a proper review... xD

Seriously, there is... basically ONE SINGLE thing I dislike about these games and think should have been done differently.
Putting the Kami (and access to their new formes) exclusively into the gimmicky random 3DS e-shop Dream Radar thing. What the crap.
That is my only serious complaint so far. Except for this, its fawking epic, and the perfect conclusion to the fifth generation and the DS era.

Personal pokemon-fan joy moment of the game: Mareep running around in the Ranch <3 Q_Q *-*

The Sly Fox
July 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
Just some likes and dislikes on the top of my head.

- All the gym leaders in World Tournament.
- Gym Leaders retain their own music in World Tournament from their own regions.
- The additions of older pokemon in this game, such as Riolu and Mareep.
- Some new gym leaders.

Dislikes
- Red is in World Tournament. (He should not be included in this for nostalgia sake. He should only be found at Mt. Silver).
- Same Elite Four. (Not much changes).
- Cheren is the first gym leader. He should be like the 7th or 8th.
- Iris is champion. Hate this.
- Too many new forms!
- Zubats are back. Smh.

Superjub
July 1st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Here are my thoughts so far..

Likes~

The inclusion of older Pokemon, especially popular ones like Eevee & its evolutions, the Riolu line and Pseudo-legendaries.
The music- especially the gym msuic, and how it changes depending on the Gym leader. I've got to admit, I do love Elesa's music. :D "GIVE ME WHAT I NEEEEEED!" XD
The World Tournmant- haven't got to it yet, but seems like it could be a lot of fun. Plus, yay, finally we get to battle the Hoenn gym leaders again! :)
More places to visit and more things to do- I personally found B/W a little short, so it's good there's more to do this time around.
References to older games- always fun, and I do like how if you link up with your original save file on B/W, you get to battle Cheren and Bianca with their old teams. :')
Updates to Black City and White Forest- I'm loving them shiny dragons. :)
Similarly, I do like the shiny Haxorus rewared for completing the Unova Dex. :D
The graphics, especially places like the Gyms and the rooms in the Pokemon League.

Dislikes~

No Pokemon Frontier- while I do love the sounds of the PWT, I will miss the gimmicky battles in the frontiers. :\
Similarly, the Battle Subway hasn't changed, and I personally found it really boring.
Cheren shouldn't have been the 1st Gym leader in my opinion- gonna follow the crowd and say that he probably should have been the 8th Gym Leader. :\
Lots of Dragon specialists- while in G/S/C/HG/SS there were also 2 dragon specialists, at least there were loads more Gym Leaders to kinda balance it out. IDK, I would have probably liked to have seen Brycen return as a 'proper' Gym Leader, despite the fact that I really like Drayden. I just think it would have made it much more versatile with no types being repeated.
No VS seeker (still.)

I will add more when I can think of/remember them. However, I must admit that I am so far loving the games. :D Definitely an improvement over Black and White in my opinion. :D

MiTjA
July 1st, 2012, 12:16 PM
- Cheren is the first gym leader. He should be like the 7th or 8th.
- Too many new forms!

Cheren being the first gym leader is an important part of his character background.

And I dont get everyones issue with formes.
You'll see Kyurems forme at the peak of the plot, which was obvious from the moment we first saw Kyurem years ago. It was designed in a way to make you wonder what it will become.

The genies, I can understand those, but at the same time, everyone was complaining about how lame they were with the same design bases since ever lol. Not to mention you won't even come across them unless you get that 3DS thing.

And Keldeos isnt even an actual forme.

diab_low
July 5th, 2012, 05:28 AM
i saw SHOFU'S play through on the internet and i don't get the point of Pokewood, don't like the idea.

TheShinyEevee
July 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Eevee!
But on a more serious note, I love the different pokemon, huger pokedex, the Tournament and that they retain their themes (Red's theme :D),
Therian (?) formes. Course, they'll never be as good as the beast trio, but they can try. X3
Loving the shiny hunting opportunities too... Latios/Latias and Cresselia are non-roamers, all the regis (if you have both games), awesome stuffs.
Basically all of the game. For my dislike of Unova overall, I'm not particularly disappointed with much in these games.

Dislikes:
Shiny charm. Especially it being stackable with MM. Making shinies cheap since pokeradar >_>
Zubats lol
I think there were some shinies as a reward of stuff too. Haxorus?
Confused as to why you can use Growlithe in your pre-e4 team but not Vulpix, since you can't get it till post e4? I love them both, and got confused by this.
The lack of any legendaries before 3rd gen?! You could argue that you can transfer them up from FR/LG into DPPT and then into BW/B2W2, but we got Hoenn legendaries (RSE) and Sinnoh legendaries (DPPT)? Don't get it at all.

Vader
July 5th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I really love most of, if not all the new developments - The world tournament, more chances at shinies, older generations of Pokemon, new cooler formes for the Kami trio, etc etc. I do wish that we got the follow me feature back though. And that the games would be 3ds exclusives.

Arghlx
July 5th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I felt like the inclusion of Lucario so early made the game easier than it should have been, but that's not really a valid complaint since Gen 5 introduced the Litwick family. However, I don't feel like the E4 gave me much of a challenge on the regular difficulty setting and my Pokemon weren't on par with their levels. I'm a bit disappointed with how Achroma's character turned out as well as the fact that TM26 and others are found post-game.

Otherwise, this game is probably the best DS Pokemon game, no doubt about it.

Aquarius1997
July 5th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Likes-
- how all the gyms have new themes and music
- the inclusion of some unknown pokemon ; dunsparse
- the fact that the first gym is in the first city(tricked all the playthroughs i watched)
- the new pokemon animations
- AND TRAINER ANIMATIONS FTW
- the sewers in a big city lol'd so hard
-areas sorta changed in the two years
-ROXIE <3333
-PWT and Pokewood
-hidden hollows
-move tutors
-and best of all THE MUSIC pokemon is making an effort to keep up with LoZ's music

DISLIKES
-the future overuse of Lucario(every walkthrough used one even marriland who already had a pignite x__x
-alder appearing so early in the game
-brycen only appearing in pokewood
- the gymleaders sprite did NOT change burgh needed one hes a fricken artist
-subway not changing-__-
- lack of surfing areas
- shadow triad NOT Chili,Cress, and Cilan
-and the most disliked... The Elite 4 did not change at all same sprite,same team

Hikamaru
July 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM
What Hikari liked and didn't like about B2/W2

- Cheren being a Gym Leader
- Including previous gen Pokemon in the Unova Dex
- Move Tutors
- Pokemon World Tournament
- Corless (aka Akuroma, I LOVE HIM...)
- The female protagonist's design
- Starters getting new animations
- Different music between Gyms
- Elesa's redesign
- Hidden hollows
- PokeStar Studios
- Roxie and Marlon
- Bianca being Juniper's assistant (I like that she now has glasses)
- Iris being the Champion

Dislikes
- Battle Subway remaining unchanged
- Elite Four (except Shauntal) having unchanged teams
- Opposite gender protagonist not appearing often
- Some Unova Dex Pokemon not available until post-game
- Gym Leaders not having many non-Unova Pokemon on their teams
- Rattata and Zubat

Isasapiens
July 8th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Do like:
-New arrangement music for the gyms.
-The new Gym leaders.
-The fact these are the only main games that are actually sequels since Gold/silver.
-All trainers have animations now.
-Kyurem and the dragon fusion.
-Other protagonist appears and it isn't the rival!
-Move tutors!
-The Casteliacones now sell everyday and you don't have to wait a line.
-Protagonist design.
-New moves for some pokemon!
-Old pokemon appearing. And they are rather unknown and have a reason for appearing!
-Corless/Akuroma.
-Iris being the champion!
Do NOT like:
-Riolu being there so early on. There's an uprising of Lucarios on in-game teams...
-Opposite gender protagonist needs to appear more often.

PokeRaidenFighter350Z
July 21st, 2012, 06:54 AM
I know responded already but I found a new disappointment:

At the PWT in the Rental/Rental Masters Tournament... ALL the Pokemon available for rental use are ALL based on the Battle Subway Database... I thought they'll have new movesets... there goes that option for me...

Twilight-kun
July 21st, 2012, 01:03 PM
-PWT http://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/139.gif
-Redhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/187.gif
-New plot
-Ghetsishttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/151.gif
-N can be rebattled http://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/040.gif
-Triad can be battledhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/154.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/154.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/154.gif
-Some Sages can be battledhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/152.gifhttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/153.gif
-Riolu and Zorua can be found in-game early and don't require special items
-Music
-Locations
-Champion Irishttp://sprites.pokecheck.org/t/155.gif

Dislike
-If I see one more Zubat...
-Drayden, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and N use their old VS Sprites
-Alder can only be battled once(?) outside of the PWT and uses the trainer music
Lack of VS Sprites in the PWT (although the screen is a nice touch)