PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

IWearHatsIndoors
June 29th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Will you go through the game normally? Or will you do a Nuslocke run or something special!
On my first run, what I plan to do is buy a booster pack of cards. Then I will have to use the pokemon on the cards in the game. If I find a card with an evolved form, I will have to train the prevolution up if unnecessary. (Does this have a name?)

Anyway, are you guys gonna do anything special? Just interested

Manila Luzon
June 29th, 2012, 06:14 AM
That's actually a pretty neat idea about the cards, haha. n_n I guess I'll just go throw the game slowly with a pre-planned team. And then I'll get bored of this by the 3rd gym and end up just flying through the game. :D

Satoshi Ookami
June 29th, 2012, 06:32 AM
As always I went with pre-prepared team and speed run (= see all in the minimum time :D).

Zayphora
June 29th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I'm going to try to take it slower and try to actually catch all the Unova Dex pokemon to get teh Round Charm, but also just for the achievement.

PlatinumDude
June 29th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I'll just go through the game like the other games in the past. I don't have my team planned fully yet, so I'll just go with whoever works for me.

Raichupacabra
June 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I shall play it without a guide and talk to everyone in the Unova region. And catch 'em all.

bwburke94
June 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
White 2 will be a speedrun, Black 2 will be an 100% run. I'll be restarting all of my games that weekend. My preliminary catch-em-all goal for the 297 non-events in Unova is October 21, giving me 15 days (7 of which are school days) to do it.

Haseyo
June 29th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I played it with trying to get as many things as possible, but my first file is always my "official" file so I'm working on everything now. I winged my team which was actually very fun.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
June 29th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I will simply play as I go and enjoy the game as I did with White I.

Alli
June 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
On my first run, what I plan to do is buy a booster pack of cards. Then I will have to use the pokemon on the cards in the game. If I find a card with an evolved form, I will have to train the prevolution up if unnecessary. (Does this have a name?)

Sounds like a challenge idea. You should bring it up in CI&D sometime! k done advertising my forums lol

Anyway, I'm just gonna play the game normally. Not gonna do a challenge, not gonna plan a team (OKAY WELL I am gonna have Petilil and Umbreon IT'S JUST A GIVEN oh and prob ditching starter but that's also a given), etc. And make sure I talk to all the NPCs so I can know who gives items and who doesn't. I'll probably be looking up guides a lot because I won't be able to read my game but oh well! Can't wait for it to get in. :)

WillPowerPedro
June 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I am nuzlockeing. I am also winging my team like normal.

SnowpointQuincy
June 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I always to a TON of breeding in the games. THOUSAND of hours worth of breeding. Definitely want the round charm before doing anymore breading in the game!

I can't do any breeding till I catch all 300 pokemon #winkwinknudgenudge

Blue
June 29th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Considering these games look extremely awesome, I plan to play through slowly as I did in Black & White, it prolongs the enjoyment and you get to understand the full game. I've already got a team planned so I'll most likely go with that unless I decide to change one or two of them..

droomph
June 29th, 2012, 03:40 PM
What'll happen is probs I get through the 8th gym severely underleveled and I'll never finish the game cuz I'm too lazy to grind 90 collective levels (even if through the aid of Exp. Share) and I'll be extremely sad when the next game comes out and I haven't even beaten the E4 cuz I suck at games.

That's what happens every time I buy a Pokémon game so I doubt that this time will be any different.

Jellicent♀
June 29th, 2012, 05:27 PM
So, I'm going to definitely be doing an all Water-type run, I'll take it nice and slow so I can enjoy every last thing. I'll also search for every little Hidden Hollow to make sure I got through every nook and cranny.

pokehearts
June 29th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'll Blaze through the game with a pre-planned team and the help of serebii. On my first run, what I plan to do is buy a booster pack of cards. Then I will have to use the pokemon on the cards in the game. I really like that Idea, I think I'll do it for my White 1 Run once i memory link.

fiOWNya
June 29th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'm just gonna go with the flow. I find researching it before hand takes the fun out of it. So, I won't plan anything ahead of time, and when I do play, I'll take it slow, catch as many Pokémon as I go through the game as I can and talk to everyone I see. :)

curiousnathan
June 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I'm currently planning my team, and since I don't complete or participate in a great deal of challenges, and with BW2 being a brand-spanking new game, I think I'll play through it slowly and do a proper run.

Altairis
June 29th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I know once I actually pre-plan my team but the last time I did that on an actual playthrough I made it so I got all my Pokemon halfway through the game and they were are at the wrong levels and it was bad, so I might just wing it with Tepig on the first run.

Astinus
June 29th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I am completely winging it. I know nothing about these games right now (being behind the times on getting information), so I can't plan a team if I don't know what Pokemon I can catch. So I'm going to take my time and explore each area as thorough as I can, probably with an old-fashioned paper strategy guide book in front of me.

Zephele
June 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I decided against doing a challenge for my first run through the game since I was thinking it might hinder my experience if I make my rules too limiting or something.

Essentially, I think I'll run through the game the same way I did for Black & White - I plan my team beforehand, and just roll with it from there. I'll try and take it much slower than I usually do, as well, and try not to get too impatient, whether it's regarding capturing all the Pokemon available in the area before proceeding, or levelling up my team to be up to par with the next Gym Leader before challenging them.

Candy
June 29th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Probably going with a normal playthrough like I always do. I've been considering doing a Challenge Mode later as soon as I defeated the champion at Black 2 and give the key to a White 2 playthrough :3

Although, for the team, I decided to go rotation as choosing Pokemon for the team is tough work in this version P:

Hikamaru
June 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I'm going to catch all the Pokemon I see because well, you gotta catch 'em all.

I'll also probably pick Pokemon I like for the team, but also taking type weaknesses and movesets into account.

Essentially, I'll just do a normal playthrough like my previous games. No Nuzlockes or anything.

SouKoLian9102
June 30th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I'm going to do a speedrun on White 2 so I can use it for Wi-Fi battles and play through slowly on Black 2. Around 75% chance of doing an Nuzlocke on my W2.

Forever
June 30th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Don't know if I plan to continue the rom version but for the actual version I was thinking I might just do a solo run through the main story. I know I wasn't considering that until now, but if I don't need a HM slave, that might kind of just test my skills or something! If not p sure I'll just play through like normal now. :(

diab_low
June 30th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Don't know if I plan to continue the rom version but for the actual version I was thinking I might just do a solo run through the main story. I know I wasn't considering that until now, but if I don't need a HM slave, that might kind of just test my skills or something! If not p sure I'll just play through like normal now. :(

oooh can't wait for someone to make the english rom for B/W2.

the way im gonna play B/W2 is like normal going with the story. i really aren't that fussy bout my team the way it works with me is the first six Pokemon i obtain are my permanent team until the reach level 100 or i need a sub for a HM learner. and im also "gotta catch em all" quoting from Hikari and original Pokemon motto. :)

bwburke94
June 30th, 2012, 08:39 AM
I changed my mind. Black 2 will be played first because I played Black first. White 2 will now be the game I catch 'em all on.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
June 30th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Play as normal... use a pre-planned team of six, level grind excessively, and take my time talking to people and stuff. I'll probably catch most of what I come across, unless I don't like them. Probably won't do much Pokedex stuff besides that (i.e., no evolving/breeding just for the Pokedex).

Toshiro.
July 1st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Just play normally and slowly. I wont do any challenges or anything. I want to take my time and really enjoy it!

fishfish
July 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM
i decided i wanted a certain fire dog but other than that i winged it nd its worked out reasonably well, only needed to grind a little for 7th gym and beat the elite 4 2nd time. no wifi so that side doesn't bother me too much. when i beat wtc i might do a nuzlock or something to make it funner.

Noah Ridgewood
July 1st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Play normally and catch on impulse, level one Pokémon at a time.

vaporeon7
July 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
I'm going to play it really slowly, over level my Pokémon, talk to everyone and catch all the different Pokémon I can, like I do with every new game.

playplayj
July 2nd, 2012, 01:06 PM
I'm playing through it now and I'm going through it normally with my bawse team of Serperior Darmanitan Lucario Vaporeon and espeon so far, looking for my 6th man maybe just a HM ***** :P

AxeyWaxyWoo
July 4th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I'll just be playing through the game normally and taking my time. :)
Really looking forward to getting it, but I don't know which version I want yet...

Still, I can tell my social life is going to go down the drain when this comes out. :3

Droidz
July 4th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I'm Probably going to plan what to catch. I don't usually plan out what Pokemon I'm going to obtain (Most times just think about it along the way), but i might actually think more carefully unlike my last play through B/W.

skyluigi2
July 4th, 2012, 08:13 AM
In Black and White I spent a while beforehand planning out my team, but this time around I think I'll just catch Pokemon I like and train them for my team, without planning.

Bluerang1
July 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
I want the game to take a long time so what I plan on doing helps. I plan on catching the right natured Pokemon that I want on my team, my preferred gender too, and also EV training during the main plot. No IV though, that was just tedious.

Relith
July 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM
My starter will most likely be the one I didn't use at all which is Tepig. I'll end up using Archeops, Haxorus, Bisharp, Simisage, and Scolipede through my full run.

Eeohnex
July 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I will be taking my time, since, I'm planning on getting B/W 2 during the Christmas break.

I will talk to every NPC, getting all of the items including the hidden ones, catching every Pokémon, and of course getting the beneficial nature for the Pokémon in my team. Not sure if I will EV train my team yet.

KidJaejae
July 4th, 2012, 09:47 AM
For my playthrough of Black/White 2, I'm aiming to slow down the progression of the story and focus more on everything else the game has to offer.
The side activities seem more interesting this time around, so I'll definitely be clung on to those.

Just hoping to NOT blitz through the entire main story like I did with the versions beforehand.

Evisector
July 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Probably just a speed run to begin with and when I inevitably restart the game, do a 100% run.

Kenmoor
July 4th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Do what I normally do. Grind in the beginning until my stater is Lv.10 or whatever. Catch the stat worthy Pokemon then dispose put them in my PC when I find a stronger one. I'll take my time going through this one, no speed runs for me.
Once I achieve the "100%" save i'll delete it. Then try to go for the random challenge that someone here will make up.
But probably because i'm too emotional smart I won't delete it... for online/multiplier experience of course.

Captain Fabio
July 5th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I am going to play through it normally. I want to enjoy the game before I start doing challenges or such.

Shayminlover123
July 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Im going to speedrun it and try to beat it in less than 2 days then after that ill 100% complete it

Crackin355
July 7th, 2012, 01:14 AM
For my First run-through, me and my friend are getting opposite games and playing through alongside each other. I already have 5 of the 6 Pokemon I want Planned, but I'm not sure whether to change who I want for my starter. I don't know whether to ditch my starter this time around or not. Just because I don't want to repeat those 3 starters again.

Elmo_12
July 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
black 2 white 2 either way im gonna play it like a boss.

DarkAngel91
July 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
I'm going to play through black2 with snivy. Thats as far as my planning it out goes.

Railgun
July 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Focus on side quests and not rush though the game like i did with the last few ones. kinda want to nick name all my Pokemon after Avatar/Korra characters XD

mystletainn
July 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
I know I'm planning on trading over a Tynamo to use as my "starter" as soon as possible. Other than that I'm gonna catch what I want and try to enjoy it. I'm kind of glad my Japanese version didn't work so I can enjoy it in English for the first time.

.TheDon.
July 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
well i'm starting white right now so it's a bit premature thinking about W2 but generally i have a single run per game. I try to achieve everything, talk to everyone and complete the pokedex. I do not plan the team (even just because i don't know gen 5 pokemons), i use the ones i fancy at the moment.
Due to the fact i got white i don't think i'm gonna buy black too

Pokestick, good times.
July 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
> Don't know anything about the plot or unexpected trainer battles
> Plan entire team and movesets in advance
> Never use any Pokémon I've used before
> Trade Pokémon with egg moves from Black for maximum pwnage
> Go through everything blind, without any walkthroughs (if possible)
> Have six-on-six battle with mate with our in-game teams after beating the game (keeping the teams secret to one another)
> Pwn his ass

> Have a flipping good time.

marb
July 25th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I will just go through it normally, but i'll choose snivy this time(in black and white i got tepig/oshawott)

Noah Ridgewood
July 25th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I'm going to play it the old fashioned way!

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
July 25th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I may play it normally, but I may do a nuzlocke (since I've been having a ton of fun with those)

Jellicent♀
July 25th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I'm having a difficult time with this. I have no clue how I'm going to go through the game. I don't know if I want to do a monotype run with Water, Nuzlocke it, or what, but I'm probably going to go through like a Torchic with my head cut off catching Pokemon and boxing them and training them until I finally end up at the Elite Four and can no longer trade in Pokemon from the box. Definitely going to try and see all the features and savor each one while I can, though.

Tropical Sunlight
July 25th, 2012, 12:38 PM
As spontaneously as I can.
Seriously, I've had it with all the spoilers, and the team planning. I'll just randomly pick my starter and catch Pokemon as I go along.

NiGHtsBeta09
July 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I love the idea of the cards, that's neat! ^^" As for me, I usually go in with a pre-planned team of sorts, maybe changing it along the way if I feel like it. I will do different runs later, but not yet, until I've explored the entire game normally. :P

--Nirvana--
July 26th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I'm actually doing a Let's Play on YouTube. My planned team is:

Samurott, Lucario, Arcanine, Leafeon, Zoroark and Altaria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-yxAFcHCqg&feature=plcp

Blue
July 26th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Just over two months now until it's released internationally, doesn't seem long ago that we were just finding out about it back in February! I'm sure I'll be more cautious with this game considering I haven't imported from Japan so I'll be more reluctant to check everything out before progressing.

Colress
July 26th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Going to breed some super Pokemon for my team.

I won't trade anything else over to that game other than event Pokemon and my TRU Regigigas from a couple years ago.

Kevin
July 26th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I'm just gonna play it easy and normal. I do have a pre planned team though, haha.

이큐리
July 28th, 2012, 04:00 PM
All my first runs are as fast as I can possibly go. See very little during the main story and do everything afterwards. If I restart later I usually take an excruciatingly long time to complete the main story line.

ANinyMouse
July 28th, 2012, 09:02 PM
It's not often that I ditch my starter Pokemon, but if I get White 2, I fully plan to.

My final team's gonna look like so:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ANinyMouse/545.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ANinyMouse/579.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ANinyMouse/593.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ANinyMouse/598.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ANinyMouse/452.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ANinyMouse/323.gif

I can't stand not planning out my team since I hate having glaring, unforeseen weaknesses to one type or the other (like 3-4 weak to Fire or Ground, bleah).

tajaros
July 29th, 2012, 02:25 AM
I'll try and be my best and don't lose to anyone! xD

And also I wan't to use the soft-reset method for me to catch a Shiny Black Kyurem! xD :)

Kima
July 29th, 2012, 03:27 AM
I'll try to do a proper playthrough, and actually look at the dialogue and follow the storyline. I'll probably try to use Pokémon I've never used before/that much.

AeonsShadow
July 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
My plan is to run through the game with Nuzlocke activated, along with the fact that no one will "survive" poisoning. That was something that made it so hard in the beginning. I'll also add rules to Nuzlocke as I delve further in. No EV training, no over leveling, so on and so forth.

morrison
July 30th, 2012, 06:03 AM
I'm just gonna go with the flow. I find researching it before hand takes the fun out of it. So, I won't plan anything ahead of time, and when I do play, I'll take it slow, catch as many Pokémon as I go through the game as I can and talk to everyone I see. :)
yea that what I'll do too :)

atmmachine11
July 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
That is a really cool way of playing :3, as for me...I honestly do not know what team I will choose, but I do know I will be doing a normal run.

Sideshow Bob
July 31st, 2012, 04:56 AM
I'm gonna trade Sniny and Oshawott over from Black and have all three starters.

Devildog
August 2nd, 2012, 01:17 AM
I will go through differently than all my other games seeing how i dont need to reset and trade to get all starters since we already got them :)
I will go throught the game slower as for my team i have no clue cause i dont want to go through it with the starters like usually cause i already have them all on Black :/

Pingouin_7
August 2nd, 2012, 02:37 AM
I went through the game "normally".

MachoPony
August 2nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
I have planned a Good balanced team mainly for PWT and such however after i Beat the game with said team i may Nuzelocke CHallenge mode cuz im a Crazy ass.

SonicBlazePlatinum
August 2nd, 2012, 05:05 PM
I plan on starting with Tepig again, but since Blitzle and Pansage are far in the story I plan on getting Mareep, since I did use a Mareep in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and Koffing because I only used a Poison Pokemon like Nidoran (m) once on Fire Red. I also plan on playing for six days to get to the Pokemon League and the day after that the post-game.

Day 1: To Castelia's gym - 3 badges
Day 2: To Relic Path (northern part) exploring - 5 badges
Day 3: Mistralton gym with Route 7 and Celestial Tower visited - 6 badges
Day 4: East Unova
Day 5: Battling Ghetsis - 8 badges
Day 6: Pokemon League - Hall of Fame
Day 7: Post-Game

For the Post-Game events I'll go with the revisiting of Plasma Frigate and Nuvema Town, then Iccirus and Twist Mountain, then Route 15 since that's how the Pokemon are ordered on the Pokedex. Clay Road and other stuff after I go to all those places.

Hamako-chan
August 2nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
I would play like a normal human being :)
Just run through the game, explore, then collect every Pokemon.

Patchy
August 5th, 2012, 04:50 AM
I've never done the Nuzlocke thing, I don't see the fun at all, it'd be so tedious. Usually I just have one save file, ever.

For B2W2 I plan to breed eggs of the 6 Pokemon I want, probably ditch the starter in favour of another region's starter (and making sure that my rival's starter is weak to it!), then when the eggs hatch with my B2 ID number I might just give each one a run through the BW Elite 4 to level it up...I like to keep it easy for myself.

Jayme Moore
August 5th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I will play through the game normally but only catch Pokémon found in the NU tier (if my starter Pokémon is in a higher or lower tier he will not be used (except in the opening rival battle)). Any Pokémon in a tier above or below that tier are essentially banned from my team.

Also I will not trade Pokémon from Black or White to Black 2 or White 2 (an exception is when I want to evolve one of my Pokémon on Black 2 or White 2 (if applicable)).

Pika-D
August 6th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I just plan on running through the game normally. Then after I bet it, well, I don't know yet.

GibbyGibson
August 6th, 2012, 04:26 AM
I will do like I normally do with my Pokémon games. I will capture each and every lowest stage Pokémon I come across, train them as I travel through the game, and right before I challenge the Elite Four (like I always do), I will decide to change up my strategy on the Pokémon I'm using, and have to level up an entirely new team. That, in the end, ends up adding more time to my already extended game time.

Beyond that, I've always been one who checks out each nook-and-cranny of my games. I think all those years of RPGs has gotten me into the mindset that you don't know what's up there till you get that special power-up, so come back later to check it out. So each time I get a new HM, I have to backtrack to the start and try and find those places I skipped.

I do plan to, with this generation, try and get as many of the special distributions as possible, this time around. I normally don't deal with the special distributions, but I think with Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, I will. Not sure what sparked me into wanting to try this, but I do plan to attempt it and see how it goes. Who knows? Maybe I will find some aspect of this that will enhance this game with me. :3

GibbyGibson

iiZqHD
August 6th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I will probably take it Slow, Catch a lot of pokemon and find the best/strongest. Then just become the pokemon master :mudkip;):

GengarShade
August 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Haven't planned my team yet for the games.Definite Growlithe on the team though.I will probably choose my team by putting random names in a bag and selecting 5 to create the best team I ever had!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

HypnoFreak
August 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I will be using pokemon that aren't competitively viable outside of NU. My favourite, Hypno, is guaranteed a spot, and I'd like to try rain dance Seismitoad, too. I intend to stay spoiler-free as to the plot of the game, but I don't extend my game by exploring every inch, though I do enjoy to read what the people in Unova have to say. I use the same team throughout the whole game.

Perico
August 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I often play Pokémon games this way: when they first come out in Japan, I play them as fast as I can (it usually takes around 2 or 3 days) and I keep on playing it till they come out in Spain. Then, I buy the opposite version I played in Japanese (well, that didn't happen with HG/SS, I played the japanese HG version but I bought both HG and SS) and play it slowly and calmly, talking to everyone, catching every Pokémon and, basically, completing the whole game.

Lunacrest
August 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I have a team that uses 1 Pokémon from each region, except I have two for Hoenn because Hoenn <3.

ranimal101
August 13th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I play it with the world watching me as I do walkthroughs. However, I will go in blindly!

Chase
August 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Anybody thinking about ditching your starter at the beginning of the game and just playing with regular pokemon that weren't available in Black and White? I know that I am. I will train my snivy post-game so I can ev train it, but I know that I will be catching a mareep and riolu very early on and making them the staple of my teams. Who will you use?

garjora
August 16th, 2012, 05:01 PM
To be honest... normally.

Bourne-mouth
August 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I'll take it slowly and steadily, much as I did in the previous games. I would explore every corner and battle all trainers that come my way.

I don't want to spoil myself yet, but there are times when I'm too lazy to battle all trainers and just sneak past them.

The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
August 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Well after my white experience I will not have a preplanned team because in my first and only play through of white I planned on using Zebstrika which failed XD! With my White 2 I will go slowly through the game not like my first White which I had a badge a day XD! And I might go with the card thing you mentioned in my Black 2 and also play through my Black 2 slowly! :) XD

ThisOrTheApocalypse
August 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
As I do with, what it seems every Pokemon game, I'll probably plan out a team and progress through the game slowly and/or very quickly.

PokemonMaster Red
August 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
I might play through black 2 as a normal playthrough with a preplanned team or just wing it. Then for White 2 I would play through it using a team made from 6 of the 7 Eeveelutions( Eevee's Evolution's). Or 4 eeveeloutions an hm slave and a lucario just because lucario is badass.

Kieran
August 22nd, 2012, 05:43 AM
I'll do what I always forget to do - every area I catch them all. I'll use pokemon.marriland.com 's Black/Whaite 2 Walkthrough, also using a walkthrough for the hidden items. I'll do the equivelent o a solo run, but train 5 other pokemon on Audinos and only one for trainers (rpob Oshawott)

Inferna
August 22nd, 2012, 05:52 AM
First time I think I'm just going to catch anything, so many awesome pokemon have been added <3 second time will be a nuzlocke :3 planning to get white 2 I think!

empty streets
August 22nd, 2012, 06:58 AM
I'll play like a nerd battling and talking to every single character in the game and using a pre-planned team. I'll dump my starter because there are finally many cool non-Unova pokemon that I want to use like Crobat, Eevee and Ampharos *_*

Twilight Sky
August 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'll go through the game normally like I have with just about any other game~! Though to be honest, I think I should train my Pokemon bit more too, in case the difficulty is a bit harder this time around, haha.

o Pikachu o
August 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Usually when I play I rush through the game and try to beat the E4 as fast as possible. This time I am gonna talk to everyone, get all the items, catch a lot of Pokemon's, explore all the areas.

me.as.mei
September 10th, 2012, 04:35 AM
I'm planning do it nice and slow whitout a guide of what to do everytime. After all, I want to have fun.

§acred†Beo!
September 16th, 2012, 05:35 PM
As I have done with every pokemon game the first time through. Nice and slow, so I can take time to enjoy the plot etc.

Katamari
September 16th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I'll go through it normally, I may trade over some Pokemon early on in the game like a Deerling with an egg move or something but nothing that'll completely throw off the legitimacy of it, like a level 100 Mewtwo. :p

Ninjagon
September 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I'm gonna take it slow, do lot's of grinding, work my way towards completing my pokedex, pay attention to the story.. Not Usain Bolt style. I've gone through too many games that way lol.

Mato
September 17th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I'm going to play it at my own pace. No need to rush and finish it in a few days. I won't have much time to play it, anyway.

I have a fairly good idea on who I'm starting out with this time around (Snivy, choose Oshawott in Black). As well as who I'm catching in the beginning and using throughout the game. Alas, I spoiled it for myself already.

awolfsquared
September 18th, 2012, 12:47 AM
I'm gonna play how I normally do when starting a new game the first time for the most part. I'm going to walkthrough the story at my normal pace assembling my team as I go along. There is only one thing I'll be doing different. As soon as I can trade, I'm sending over a Rufflet egg my from White to Black2. I really want to get Black2 cause it's different but want a Braviary on my team. ^__^

Tim09
September 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking of doing my first type playthrough challenge. They give you some pretty good options to start with. Steal, fighting, fire, electric, and water all seem to privide 2 or 3 pokemon to start with early game. Maybe my second play through. I at least plan to not overlevel my starter and to try and keep at least 3 primary pokemon all with a couple levels of eachother. I've always overleveled my starter and it can make the play through pretty uninteresting.

Shiny_Wooper
September 22nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
I'll make a basic team and try to take my time finishing black2 then i'll start white 2 last time i tried playing both one game had awesome pokemon the other one had a terrible team. :/

Helios93
September 24th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I think I will ask my friend to finish up Black 2 and have him defeat the game. Then, he will unlock Challenge Mode and I'll have him transfer the mode to my game and start the game with Challenge Mode. I'll bet it will be fun.

Cassino
September 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Starter will be replaced with Porygon; team will total four members.
Apart form that, normal playthrough; no guides, no pre-research.

Sabrewulf238
September 27th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Normally I just run through catching pokemon as I go along. I've always just done that.

However it does mean pokemon that appear later in the story never get a good chance of being in my team. So this time around I'm going to be trading in some eggs when I first get the chance and just choosing my team that way. Partially at least, two of the pokemon I want on my team actually appear early in Pokemon Black/White 2. The other four I'll be trading in.

I think I might abandon my starter for the first time too. I'm just feeling a change is needed.

giradialkia
September 27th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I'm going to pick Tepig, purely because I want my Rival to have a Samurott. (After seeing the anime trailer, that's the way it has to be, hahaha). However, I picked Tepig in my first White playthrough, and so.. I don't want my team to end up being a duplicate of that one.

So I'll pick Tepig, but I'll put him in the box (in a kind way... :P), and I hope to have a team primarily consisting of non-Unova Pokemon, such as Riolu, Arcanine, Lapras, and.. I haven't decided on the others yet, but there's plenty to choose from. I just hope they'll be available reasonably early in the game so I can have my dream team by the end of the game.

I won't be looking up any walkthroughs or guides. I've seen some videos on YouTube, but I haven't seen anything major in the story as such, so it'll still be a surprise. I guess I MIGHT use an online Pokedex to find out where Pokemon are/if I can actually get certain Pokemon in White 2. It'll be a standard playthrough for me, aside from the fact that I won't be using my starter, which is something I've never done before.

Zerrah.
September 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I will do a speed run the first time through Black 2, with either a color or type challenge, and then replay the game on Challenge mode and try to 100% it by going as slowly as I can through the story.

Koyan
October 1st, 2012, 04:46 AM
I'm probably going to grab Tepig and then abandon him ince I get my first Ghost type pokemon. Then, It's all ghosts. YAY for Dark type weakness, which means anytime someone uses Bite, I die... Then it's Crunch... Yeah.... Please reference the words below.

Kenshin5
October 1st, 2012, 07:50 AM
I'm going to take it slow as I possibly can. In my White2 my aim is too keep all of them, so I am going to be kind methodical about it. I haven't got a solid idea for a main team, but I do know that I am not using a starter on my main team.

MVPokeStory
October 1st, 2012, 01:26 PM
Im going to have fun with the game. I've played some of the japanese and the trainers and pokemon are alot harder. I expect this game to be good.

Mochaccino
October 1st, 2012, 01:47 PM
I usually never go with a planned team, and when I to half the team turns out to be fail (I end up losing many matches!) so I change most of them. But since I'm familiar with all the pokemon that will be in W2 I'm going to stick to my planned pokes as they're all my favs anyway. And I will catch 'em all for the shiny item's sake. If I do it'd be the first time since playing pokemon back in grade 4 that I complete a pokedex lol...

Wobbachomp
October 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Still don't have my team planned, so I'm just going to make it as I play. :]

mrsnuggles
October 3rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
I will probably play the same way i always do no preplanned team just catching stuff as i go & beat E4 around 20 hours although I am going to try a preplanned team which will be

Leavanny<3 muk frillish bisharp braviary stunfisk although i highly doubt i will use any of these besides leavanny I am also thinking of doing a grass mono challenge
using liligant leavanny amoongus ferrothorn Sawbuck and either leafeon or maractus I will just have to see

AdrianD
October 3rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Id do a Normal run thru. nothing special, then move my pokemon over from White and use them.