PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Cofagrigus versus Golurk

Forever
July 1st, 2012, 04:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/trs08.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/df6Y0.png

Bulba being down is not good for our weekly polls and their images! Buuuut yeah, which of these two do you pick? n____n

Hikamaru
July 1st, 2012, 04:56 AM
I'm not really a fan of these two... but I chose Golurk due to having a unique type combination and a good movepool that abuses one of its abilities (Iron Fist). This thing hits really hard with Shadow Punch!

Cofagrigus just creeps me out plus it has a terrible movepool.

PlatinumDude
July 1st, 2012, 06:29 AM
Tough choice, but I went with Golurk simply because it's a possessed suit of armor that flies. That, and it has a good pool of punching moves to abuse Iron Fist with. Cofagrigus also somehow reminds me of Ramses from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Jellicent♀
July 1st, 2012, 06:36 AM
Daaaang. I love both so much, too. D:
I love them both, and I'm a history nut, and I love that they're both involved with a big part of the history in Pokemon, but Cofagrigus looks like he used to be a king, and I have a soft spot for ancient royalty.
I'm going to have to go with...Cofagrigus. Such an awesome physical wall, amazing defense, decent Special Attack, and a pretty nifty movepool. Plus, I love that I feel like he's about to tell me "RETURN THE SLAAAB, OR SUFFER MY CUUUURSE."

Altairis
July 1st, 2012, 08:47 PM
I like Golurk's design better, and I've used it a little bit in game and it was pretty cool. Cofagrigus just looks... scary and I remember when I first saw it I was like "wtf, is that even a Pokemon?" so... Golurk.

DarkRisingGirl
July 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Both are awesome, but I'm gonna go with Cofagrigus. It looks scary & has scary defense to match. But some of you are right, Golurk's Iron Fist Shadow Punch is a Killer.

Scorpiopt
July 1st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Both are great pokemon in terms of design , Golurk is superior in terms of typing and moovepool and stats so i go with Golurk

Forever
July 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM
I VOTED FOR COFAGRIGUS.

Desukan for one was an amazing name and for two idk it's p awesome in design whereas Golurk I never cared for unfortunately :(

Vsjester13
July 1st, 2012, 11:26 PM
I voted for golurk and i'm now going to number my reasons
1. Great type
2. Awesome moveset
3. It can fly??? (really got me shocked when i found that out)
4. Great design

and thats it

diab_low
July 2nd, 2012, 04:41 AM
ooooh im undecided for this one they both are as cool as the other. I personally had more trouble dealing with cofagrigus than golurk in the game.

Mr Cat Dog
July 2nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Cofagrigus was actually one of my favourite designed critters from Black and White - and I loved the little jig it did whenever I had to battle one... and yet I'm voting for Golurk in this scenario. It's got a much cooler typing, better stats and while it doesn't look as bad-ass (in a cartoony way, that is) as Cofagrigus, it still looks relatively OK for a ghostly golem. So, Golurk gets my vote!

Atomic Pirate
July 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
I have to say Cofagrigus, who is actually one of the few B/W Pokemon that I can tolerate. It definitely gets it's Egyptian theme done well, without looking all too complicated (Luckily for it, GF decided not to put pointless spikes on Cofagrigus).

Golurk has an okay design, but it isn't really all too special. Plus, it's typing is all wrong (It should have been Ghost/Steel, I mean it's a giant robot), and it is actually not that good in battle.

Zephele
July 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cofagrigus was one of those Pokemon where I immediately went "OMG I NEED THIS" when initial images of it were first revealed (I think it was even just its backsprite). I though the idea of an Egyptian mummy for a Ghost-type was awesome at the time, and I really liked it's woogly arms.

But I have to say that Golurk takes this for me. A ghostly golem inspired by giant robots and can fly is pretty neat. And I do like how its diverse movepool, which takes advantage of one of its abilities.

Rivvon
July 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
What a horrendously difficult choice! I love Cofagrigus for its really unique take on an otherwise inanimate object, but I love Golurk for its design, typing, and concept.
Normally this would be a tie, but I will vote for Golurk and his amazing flying prowess.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
July 2nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
It was a tough choice for me but in the end I pick Golurk due to it's type combo, and useful movepool.

Ephemeral Euphoria
July 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Tough one for me too but I'm going with Cofagrigus since it was a bro to me when facing the E4 in White and saved my bacon when going up against Marshal which would have been one hell of a challenge for my team at the time otherwise.

vaporeon7
July 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
I'm not a large fan of either of them but I voted for Golurk. Golurk got my vote because the fact that it can learn Fly is interesting, because Cofagrigus annoyed me a lot in the Battle Subway with Trick Room and because it has awesome shiny colours (although Cofagrigus's are nice too).

Evisector
July 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I voted Golurk since as people have mentioned, it can fly and there is an upcoming event for a shiny one if you have White (which I do! :D)

Also, Ghost/Ground is a typing combo which I find unique :)

SnowpointQuincy
July 5th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Golurk. I EV trained one and really loved it. I love everything about the pokemon except the name Golurk. Still, Love it.

There is a place for Coffagirus, but betwwen the two, I prefer Golurk.

Asuf
July 5th, 2012, 03:16 AM
I never liked both, but after a second run through in Black, I caught Golett, evolved it and now I'm really digging Golurk, especially its ability to fly! It can really dish out hits and learns a variety of useful moves that suit the Pokemon such as Heavy Slam, it weighs 330Kg!

Mentalii
July 5th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Cofagrigus, it intrigues me a lot. It's a little strange, and not very strong, but I don't know, there's something in it that appeals to me. Maybe its mysterious side ?
On the other hand I never payed attention to Golurk.

Squirrel
July 5th, 2012, 05:10 AM
I'm really not a fan of either D: I've always detested Cofagrigus because tbh I think it looks terrible. :x The concept and design are both really bad imo and its battle style is pretty dull. Golurk is a completely different story though. I used to adore Golurk when it first came out; it's Ground/Ghost dual-typing seemed sooo cool. I was so excited to use one, but then when I finally did it was the biggest disappointment imaginable :c But I'm gonna go with Golurk just 'cos it can Fly. :3

Kaori
July 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
This is a really hard decision, to be honest. They're both equally liked by me. Golurk is adorable, and who wouldn't like a ghost sarcophagus? HMM.

Stormbringer
July 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Not my favorite Unova Ghost Pokemon, but I do like both almost equally. Cofagrigus is a mummy coffin thing with reminds me of ancient egypt, so I'll go with that.

droomph
July 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I like Golurk because I'm not a big fan of Soul Eater. :( Sorrrry Alternative

It's just something about Cofagrigus that is...wrong. I mean, I like Yamask (because cute) but Cofagrigus just seems a tiny bit weird.

:(((((

Tazer
July 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM
I voted for Golurk. I use it more often in-game (which still isn't a lot), and its typing is far more unique than Cofagrigus'.

Reshiram Man
July 6th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Golurk is my choice, because of it's amazing physical movepool, which is in contrary to many ghost types, because the lot of them focus in special attack.

Maffoo
July 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM
CoFAGrigus all the way, as well as double rainbows! :)
Golurk is too slow and can't survive a Shadow Ball from a Specs Gengar, whereas the mummy can. Cofagrigus is a troll with a capital T.

Aquarius1997
July 6th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I had a Golurk before and it was beast Shadow Iron Fist FTW

BUUUUTTTT....
Confagrigis is an amazing pokemon with an awesome name, stats, appearence, annimation(coffin with 4 arms fricken scary) and the best pokedex entree
Black

It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.(ha so irrelavent)

White

They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

I PISSED MY PANTS.JK :P

Drag0nl0rdGe0ff
July 8th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Golurk all the way. Not only does it have a better movepool than Cofagrigus but it also has added type of Ground so it can take out more types than Cofagrigus can

skyluigi2
July 8th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I'll go with Golurk, but Golurk's a strange one to me. It always seems like it should have ridiculously high stats, and it just doesn't.

Makbets
July 8th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Gotta love big flying goliath! ;3
So my vote goes to Golurk~

Blue
July 8th, 2012, 03:28 AM
I prefer Cofagrigus, it's designing and stats are better in my opinion.

Forever
July 8th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Golurk wins unfortunately. :( I very much prefer Cofagrigus ;;

Only about 3 polls left guys, so make the most of the polls! n______n Next is up really soon!

Sabrewulf238
July 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I didn't get the chance to vote....but I much prefer Cofagrigus. It's a freaking Sarcophagus in pokemon form! If that can't win a poll I don't know what can.

It's also really good in battle, I had one during the story of Pokemon White and it was a great asset to my team.

I like Golurk too but nowhere near as much.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
July 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Cofagrigus scares me lol so I'd vote for Golurk cause it actually looks pretty cool close up like that :)

Johnster
July 13th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Golurk gets my vote! :D Love the design and moveset. His just awesome in my opinion. Cofagrigus is just weird to me :x

Cofagrigus, it intrigues me a lot. It's a little strange, and not very strong, but I don't know, there's something in it that appeals to me. Maybe its mysterious side ?
On the other hand I never payed attention to Golurk.

What anime is that on your signature?

Arghlx
July 14th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I prefer Golurk's design, so I'm going with him. I don't understand why people are confused as to why its type is Ground/Ghost. When you think about it, it suits him.

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
October 5th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Not only is Golurk a lot cooler looking, but it also can fly.

Not good enough? Fine!

Golurks are so fun to use, their ability iron fist just makes a Golurk super strong, as they learn many moves that are enhanced by this ability. The fact that they are so heavy and slow makes them great for using trick room or Heavy Slam. Golurk has an innovative/awesome typing, that is very useful throughout Unova. Plus, it's offensive AND defensive, making it great.

Confagrigus, while a great pokemon, isn't as good ingame, it's typing isn't as fun and Ghetsis had one and it was terrible to battle. stall pokemon are so annoying

SO GOLURK ALL THE WAY!