PDA

View Full Version : [EVENT] Game Creation Event

Cykes
July 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM
[css-div="padding:20px; padding-left:160px; padding-right: 160px;"][css-div="background-color:#f0f0f0; font-family: Tahoma; border: solid 1px #a3a3a3; width: 100%; padding: 26px;"]

[css-div="border-bottom: 1px solid #a3a3a3;"]Game Creation Event [/css-div][css-div="letter-spacing: 0.077em;"]Hosted by Daedalus (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=125995) and Cilerba (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=196399)[/css-div]

[css-div="width:80%;"]There seems to be such a short amount of completed games around here. We felt as if it would be great to get some new completed games for the members of the Game Development community to enjoy.

The Game Creation Event is something we feel will bring the community together a bit more. Whoever participates will be required to develop a short game by August 15th. Once August 15th comes, you will have a grace period of two weeks to fix up bugs or touch up your game a bit. This will not be the time to finish your game. It must be completely finished and playable by August 15th. Your main focus when developing this game should not be wether your graphics or sounds are the best out of everyone else who will be participating. You should be focusing on the gameplay.

It is recommended that you utilize Pokemon Essentials (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki) for your game, although it's not necessary to make a Pokemon game at all. Do whatever you like.

These games will not be judged. This is a community event, not a competition. Members are encouraged to work together, post progress updates in this thread, and come together as a community.

This event starts immediately. You may start working on your game entry.

[/css-div]

[/css-div][/css-div]

Minezumi
July 5th, 2012, 11:07 AM
YES YES FINALLY YES. I'VE BEEN WORKING ALL DAY \o/

Maruno
July 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I fully support this event, and I hope people will actually make games for it this time.

With such a short time available, only shorter games will be possible, and that's a good thing. It means you get to experience all stages of the game-making process without ending up bogged down in one part forever a la all those games in the Showcase. The emphasis of gameplay over graphics also helps with this, as it'll remind people what games are actually meant for.

I'm sure teams are allowed, so long as they work quickly enough. :cheeky:

Hmm, I'm tempted to have a go at this. I think I'd use base RMXP for it rather than Essentials, because it's different and I have a bit of an unfair advantage over other Essentials users. It'll get me back to the roots of game-making, rather than wallowing in the special features of a kit.

What kind of game should I make...?

Pharetra
July 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Awesome, this is a nice way to take a break from regular developing. Looking forward to the games everyone will make.

Good luck everyone!

Cykes
July 5th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm sure teams are allowed, so long as they work quickly enough. :cheeky:
Yes! You're allowed to work with any amount of people.

What kind of game should I make...?
Anything you'd like. It can be serious, a silly parody game, or just something formulaic to the original series.

DarkDoom3000
July 5th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Brillant idea!

I have just the perfect game idea.

D. Lawride
July 5th, 2012, 06:00 PM
INSTA-GAME.

Just add water.

This sounds interesting, count me in! o/

Catman
July 6th, 2012, 05:21 AM
I like this idea, it gives people a reason to finish something to some extent. No one likes doing something on their own do they?

I have a vague idea on what i'm gonna do (if I get round to it) and it won't be as Pokemon oriented as others I can tell you that!

FlipelyFlip
July 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
count me in :D

I like stuff like this, I will see what I will finish 'till the deadline (:

EDIT:
uhm a little question:
I'm not sure, if I understood it right, but I have to use for the minigame the Pokémon Essential Kit right?
Or am I allowed to use it? ._.

~flipy

pokehackster
July 6th, 2012, 08:48 AM
count me in :D

I like stuff like this, I will see what I will finish 'till the deadline (:

EDIT:
uhm a little question:
I'm not sure, if I understood it right, but I have to use for the minigame the Pokémon Essential Kit right?
Or am I allowed to use it? ._.

~flipy
it's suggested that you use essentials, but you don't have to if you don't want to. Daedalus just suggested it because it can make things easier on people who are starting from scratch.

Anyway I'll see what I can throw together by then and I'll make it some sort of prequel to the bigger game I've been working on for a while now.

renekokkie
July 6th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I wish we could use other engines likes gamemaker too ;/

Cilerba
July 6th, 2012, 09:51 AM
I wish we could use other engines likes gamemaker too ;/

You aren't required to use RMXP for this. Feel free to use whatever you want to make your game.

FL
July 7th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Nice event!

Ideas: Maybe a solo pokémon game (like this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=270796)) or a game where you are a special character (like a GYM Leader) and need to battle versus some trainers and do some other missions.

I think I'd use base RMXP for it rather than Essentials, because it's different and I have a bit of an unfair advantage over other Essentials users.This is a community event, not a competition. Anyway, I can't see this "unfair advantage".

Lord Varion
July 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hmmm ... I might try something here.
Won;t be much. might not be anything but I'll Try.

Unknown#
July 9th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Oh, I have an idea that would be perfect for this! I may give this a try.

Xackery
July 10th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Cool, I'm going to join in. If you want to participate in this event and have minor PHP skills, shoot me a msg, we can work together. :D
Also any HTML/CSS/javascript people who want to hone their skills, feel free to msg.

Otherwise, I'll do it all on my own. ;)

See you before august 15th!

Catman
July 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I have a game engine, but not so much a game. Mapping takes forever in GM...

Lord Varion
July 10th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Starting to map out all of my game.
Then I shall work on scripting.

All I'll say is this game is pretty pointless and may ruin a good game. :I

shadowriver
July 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
In what way and when do you present your game progress for this event and in which aria should it be posted.

Cykes
July 10th, 2012, 08:51 PM
In what way and when do you present your game progress for this event and in which aria should it be posted.
Any form you want. Screenshots and some sort of write up might be favorable, but ultimately it's up to you. And in this thread here.

I doubt it would happen, but what I hope doesn't happen is that people post updates, and then people feel discouraged, and quit, or they begin to get competitive. This is meant to be fun. And I think at the end of the day, it really will be.

Cilerba also tells me we potentially have a participant emblem for this in the works. :)

shadowriver
July 10th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Daedalus
Any form you want. Screenshots and some sort of write up might be favorable, but ultimately it's up to you. And in this thread here.

I doubt it would happen, but what I hope doesn't happen is that people post updates, and then people feel discouraged, and quit, or they begin to get competitive. This is meant to be fun. And I think at the end of the day, it really will be.

Cilerba also tells me we potentially have a participant emblem for this in the works.

Cool I think this is an awesome idear,im defiantly participating I should have some progress to post within the week hopefully.
I’ve been making a game for this event full on since you first posted the event.

#Edit: this is a pic from the first island in my game entry
this island is called starfish island.

credits go to
darkdragonn- for the base tilset (The trees ect)
chimcharsfireworkd-for the building sprite rips (witch were resized and fited by me)

DarkDoom3000
July 11th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Guess ill post my idea;
My idea is basically a prequel to super pokemon eevee edition. Where you play as Red (after he's already champion).

Since it'll be the first generation, im basing the artstyle on Pokemon Yellow.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/591/gen1teaser.png

Rather than having a standard pokemon Open region style approach, i think I'll be making it mission based. (ie: 5 levels, ~30 mins each)

Each level having a contained segment of gameplay.
Including having a different set of Pokemon for every mission.

It'll be heavily story based too.

D. Lawride
July 11th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Guess ill post my idea;
My idea is basically a prequel to super pokemon eevee edition. Where you play as Red (after he's already champion).

Since it'll be the first generation, im basing the artstyle on Pokemon Yellow.
(...)
It'll be heavily story based too.

Now I almost feel bad for posting anything xD

This one also takes places right after Red becomes a Champion (you play as him), and it's gonna go with GSC's look. It'll have a short storyline, and a sort of focus on it too, but the point of the game is mostly exploration as opposed to following said story. You're given plenty of paths to follow right at the start. Big focus on HMs, too, by the way xD

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/193/d/9/com__event_screens_by_donlawride-d56y0ii.png

I'm also GSCing most of the stuff, like the bag, battle, etc.. So far so good; I'm a third into the whole thing's development xD

Oh yeah, the first few minutes are in Kanto, but that's just for introductory purposes, as the rest of it is in a completely new area (island).

Lord Varion
July 11th, 2012, 01:25 PM
My idea, it's basically Pokémon TCG in the main pokemon series style.
It seems stupid i know, but it's something I've been meaning to try, it's gonna have the same idea.
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/Soundfonter/LotsaShots.png
Instead of cards you use real pokemon. To gget more pokemon, each Club has a garden which contains pokemon of that type, and there are 'Point Shops' in each club to buy Special Items, Pokémon and TM/HMs in by spending points you earn from battles, as well as money. Normal battles you get 1-5 pts, and Leaders give out 15 - 40 pts depending on the difficulty.
You get the starter fight with Sam after choosing Charmander Squirtle or Bulbasaur, with which you get 2 other pokémon, to even out the chances of winning.

I've got more ideas but ?I don't wanna give anymore up till i do more. :I

EDIT:
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/Soundfonter/GardenofRock.png

This, is the garden. Of course (judging by the cave), this is the Rock Club Garden, you'll be able to catch various Rock/Ground type Pokemon, as well as various typical route pokemon.

Pia Carrot
July 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'll be participating too, I've been working on something short and fun...

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/Pia-carrot/preview.png

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu
July 12th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I'll be participating too, I've been working on something short and fun...

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p547/Pia-carrot/preview.png

Nice! Glad to see you finished that.

I will also be participating, not sure what I'm gonna do yet though..I'll post back when I have some ideas.

Lord Varion
July 12th, 2012, 07:24 AM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/Soundfonter/RockClub.png
I've fully scripted the Rock Club.
With 4 trainers to fight, optionally, before Gene.
The map isn't the greatest, but nyehh.

shadowriver
July 20th, 2012, 05:03 AM
No one has posted here for a while so I thought I might post the story and idea to my entry game.
let me know what you think.

Title: Pokémon, Bleach blond evolution.
Region name : Sajoren islands
Gyms: 4
Main professor: Prof Roads
Sub professor: Prof juniper

Story: In the past and present Humans and Pokémon live happily side by side, And with time and trust, to their human companions Pokémon evolve into more powerful forms this is what has come to be known as natural evolution. It is a pure and amazing thing, after a while it was discovered that with the help of mystical stones Pokémon could evolve a step farther, but was this also natural evolution was this as pure. a lot of people came to believe it wasn’t and so it was named forced evolution.
Out of all this commotion an activist group that called themselves H.A.F.E
(Humans against forced evolution) was formed. Their main goal was to educate humans into the wrong doing of forced evolution and the so called pain it induced on the Pokémon itself.
in order to counter H.A.F.E's beliefs a leading professor in Pokémon evolution Prof Roads set up A bunch of research facilities in the Sajoren islands with a long-time friend prof juniper. Now in the juniper Roads facility’s leading professor’s work around the clock to prove that forced evolution causes no harm. But is time running out.

H.A.F.E was supposed to be a peaceful organization until A group of pirates known as the blond beard pirates moved into the area and Pokémon that were evolved using stones started to go missing so prof roads started to investigate the ties between the two even though H.A.F.E denied any involvement in the matter.

Welcome to the Sajoren islands A group of islands situated a few thousand miles of the coast of unova. It consists of 4 main cities and a few small community islands.
There is no shortage in things to do with card games and card tournaments to the sojaren Pokémon league witch is a little different to the normal leagues you might find.
With leading researchers, a new update to the Pokémon gear was added witch was known as the PKMN portable, witch allows the trainer to withdraw and deposit Pokémon on the spot. and because of this ability was set up to be part of the league.

Gym battles and sanctioned rival matches are now 1 on 1 Pokémon matches and Pokémon that gym leaders hold are randomly selected witch takes away the elemental advantege.so you must be holding the one Pokémon u think will win it for you, before you speak to the gym leader.

in every main city is a Pokémon stadium witch are also one on one battles but you can only register one Pokémon at a time for the whole tournament. were you battle the same type Pokémon in a rankings competition in order to earn money and prizes (Similar to the Pokémon league competition rankings in the animes,)It is similar for the Pokémon league competition once you beet all the gyms but in the Pokémon league there is triple the trainers to fight plus all the rivals you will meet.

There is also a sum what shady side to the islands were illegal street Pokémon matches in some of the city’s and islands started, they came to be known as street brawls were Pokémon were wagered. the losing Pokémon gets handed over to the winning trainer.
authorities have been trying to put an end to this for some time now.

That is all for now i will update with more story and pics soon.

KingCharizard
July 21st, 2012, 08:29 AM
I think i'll participate... I have a few ideas

FL
July 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/Soundfonter/RockClub.png
I've fully scripted the Rock Club.
With 4 trainers to fight, optionally, before Gene.
The map isn't the greatest, but nyehh.I like your idea, but, as from RBY to FrLg make some map improvements like a little sand on some tiles.

1ninjadude1701
July 22nd, 2012, 07:32 AM
Just kind of curious can i enter but i dont know if it will be fully ready by said date?

D. Lawride
July 22nd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Figured I'd make an update as well, it's been a while too xD

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/explorer2008_photo/batch2.png

It's easy enough to identify what it is, right? A mining cart puzzle, and a sidescrolling segment. I don't intend on making them extremely common, but you can count on at least two occasions of increasing difficulty where you'll spot these two elements.

This is mostly because I want to make the game take an adventure turn rather than you just training. By exploring and interacting, you know? xD

Cykes
July 23rd, 2012, 01:15 AM
Just kind of curious can i enter but i dont know if it will be fully ready by said date?
You don't have to announce that you're 'entering'. Just go ahead and make a game, and if you can't complete it, then don't worry about it. However if you do, feel free to submit it when the deadline comes around.

I'm loving what everyone has shown thus far. Keep it up, guys, you're doing great. :D

Lord Varion
July 23rd, 2012, 01:31 AM
I like your idea, but, as from RBY to FrLg make some map improvements like a little sand on some tiles.

Ah! Thanks, I knew it was missing something.

audinowho
July 25th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Hm... so this is like a Game Jam? That's pretty cool.

I have an idea of what to make for this... I hope I can get something done in time as despite it being summer it's still really busy for me. XD

I'll probably make a spinoff type pokemon game. Are you guys fine with something made in XNA 4.0? Games made from it sometimes need frameworks as a prerequisite for running.

Cykes
July 25th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Hm... so this is like a Game Jam? That's pretty cool.

I have an idea of what to make for this... I hope I can get something done in time as despite it being summer it's still really busy for me. XD

I'll probably make a spinoff type pokemon game. Are you guys fine with something made in XNA 4.0? Games made from it sometimes need frameworks as a prerequisite for running.
Man, game jam! That's a way better name. D'oh!

Yes! Use whatever you fancy. Prerequisites are perfectly acceptable.

Lord Varion
July 25th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Figured I'd make an update as well, it's been a while too xD

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t330/explorer2008_photo/batch2.png

It's easy enough to identify what it is, right? A mining cart puzzle, and a sidescrolling segment. I don't intend on making them extremely common, but you can count on at least two occasions of increasing difficulty where you'll spot these two elements.

This is mostly because I want to make the game take an adventure turn rather than you just training. By exploring and interacting, you know? xD

I like that.
The minecarts and the exploration and interaction.
I wished for that in pokémon many eons ago...

blazerj13
July 28th, 2012, 07:50 AM
everything here looks soo good and i really hope the games here will be finished! i need something to kill the boredom and how appropriate that the deadline is in august seeing as august is no boredom month!

shadowriver
July 29th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Well I have finally finished mapping out my Entry game with 35 outdoor maps and around 40-50 indoor maps, finished the story [the story/premise has changed from my early post.] all I have to do now is event it out hopefully I will be done in time with around 20 days left to go.

The new title, plus some of the story.
http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg574/shadowriver1/worldchampsversion.jpg

Region:Zenit
Story:The hero of this story lives in a small town somewhere in the Zenit region. It comes to His/her attention that a worldwide tournament is going to be held in the zenit region for beginner trainers.
The Pokémon world champs.
Representatives from 20 regions will take part and battle it out to take the title.

to start off the hero meets a professor traveling from the sojourn islands with his representative, professor roads from the sojourn islands visits his aid in coral town the hero’s home town, the prof meets the hero and the hero’s best friend. the professor sees something in them he lets them chose 1 of 12 starter Pokémon. He then tells them that the zenit regions tournament to see who the zenit regions representative will be, is about to take place in Rockmere city. But in order to enter you must travel to Rinhall city and claim the 3 rep badges of fire water and grass, in order to take part.

the tournament:[ok so in this game there is around 20 semi rivals though you might have to play through the game more than once to fight them all
Its basically a massive Knockout tournament, style game with a little story and a bit of travel thrown in. you could say the gym leaders have turned into rivals or something like that.
Though i haven’t decided yet that if you lose a match in the tournament game over I’m not Shure if I should do that or not.

i’m still deciding whether I will split it into 2 or 5 blocks it will most likely depend on how much time I have I gess.5 blocks with 4 in each block you will fight 5 times in tournament plus you will fight other reps outside the tournament around the region wile collecting Pokémon.
2 blocks mean you fight around 10 times in tournament.

These are the different representatives in the tournament
Each will have there on Pokémon to do with their region.

These are the seeded regions (harder opponents)
Kanto
Johto
Hoenn
Sevii Islands
Sinnoh
Unova
Sojourn Islands (original region.)

these are a little easier
Orange Islands
Orre
Fiore (will be a ranger)
Almia (will be a ranger)
Oblivia (will be a ranger)
Ransei
Holon
Matila (original region.)
Dervai (original region.)
utara (original region.) Original region names may change
piatori (original region.)
Reckton (original region.)

Jbsundown
July 30th, 2012, 02:01 PM
I really like the idea of this event! If I were skilled enough to create my own game fully in the time period then I would. However I am only a beginner/amateur scripter. And a very beginner Mapper.

But if anyone would like any help (if collaborations are aloud) then I can help you just PM me! I can write stories as well.

Lord Varion
July 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I lost all my data.
And I doubt there's time to start again or make a new idea.
I've no choice but to quit.

KingCharizard
July 30th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I lost all my data.
And I doubt there's time to start again or make a new idea.
I've no choice but to quit.

I honestly hate this excuse... 9 times outta 10 its never true... But its not a contest you dont actually have to finish by the 15th just make a short game and release it...

Pia Carrot
July 30th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I honestly hate this excuse... 9 times outta 10 its never true... But its not a contest you dont actually have to finish by the 15th just make a short game and release it...

Actually, it is true. We're business partners. Anyways, I'm changing my project idea. Gen 5 really cramps my style.

Catman
July 31st, 2012, 03:21 AM
My game won't be finished due to it not having any art at all. I hardly think an invisible game would be very popular. Not only that, i'm starting to get bored of my original idea as it would work better without being Pokemon...

Maruno
July 31st, 2012, 04:09 AM
My game won't be finished due to it not having any art at all. I hardly think an invisible game would be very popular. Not only that, i'm starting to get bored of my original idea as it would work better without being Pokemon...
No one said it had to be a Pokémon game.

Unknown#
July 31st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Well, even though I have only been able to work on my game off and on for the past two weeks, I think I may be able to have it finished by the deadline.

Lord Varion
August 1st, 2012, 01:06 PM

I keep all my stuff on a USB stick, because I use my bro's laptop to do this stuff.
It's not my fault it died, and I'm not fond of small games, to be honest.
They're sometimes too small ...

Cykes
August 2nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not fond of small games, to be honest.
They're sometimes too small ...
When everyone is busy with their own game, it makes little sense to have an event dedicated to making a big game. Not to mention, the size of the game is subjective to the developer, so who knows.

Anywho, 13 days left! Give it your all, folks!

Gmack
August 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I have teamed up with DonLawride on his project, just a heads up!
More on what I am doing will be revealed at the release of the project.

Cykes
August 14th, 2012, 08:16 AM
You should have basically nearly finished your game, as tomorrow is August 15th! You will be given a grace period of two weeks to touch up your game and fix bugs. Use your time wisely!

D. Lawride
August 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM
You should have basically nearly finished your game, as tomorrow is August 15th! You will be given a grace period of two weeks to touch up your game and fix bugs. Use your time wisely!

Hah, I think I won't be making it this time. Shame, was real damn close to doing so xD

Lord Varion
August 14th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing and playing everyone's creations.
Hopefully if there is another event, I shall take part and have better chance, now I own my own laptop and not keeping data on a USB.

IceGod64
August 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Here's a preview of my submission assuming I can finish this when I started it 2pm yesterday.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/6pwcqo.jpg
Edit: The game is not technically done, just needing some bugfixes.

Another edit. All done! Where do I put the link?

Cilerba
August 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Go ahead and just post the links to your games in this thread.

IceGod64
August 16th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Alright, here it is, the game I have no words for that's totally not a joke ripoff of Megaman that I made in less than two days, Megadude. It's also totally not like five minutes long.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/6pwcqo.jpg (http://www.mediafire.com/?nzggb2iwa0m3g51)
Click the picture for the Link.:t196:

Cykes
August 16th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Oh god that was awesome, IceGod. Is there any way to beat the final boss or is it just surviving until you die? Even though it was pretty short, I had fun haha.

IceGod64
August 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Oh god that was awesome, IceGod. Is there any way to beat the final boss or is it just surviving until you die? Even though it was pretty short, I had fun haha.
Yes, you can beat it. I just made it difficult.

Good luck!

Edit: Depending on the reception of this, I might make a full game since it was quite fun. Tell me what you guys think!

Pharetra
August 17th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Small update on my progress, my game is done for roughly 90%. Going to fix some bugs the coming few days and it is scheduled for release next week. Everything else is still a secret, although I can tell you that this game is pretty unique, if I may say so.

Pharetra
August 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
No new replies? :O
Anyway, here's my game:

Pokémon: Squirtle's Adventure
[VX ACE]

http://thumbnails84.imagebam.com/20686/697e92206852015.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/697e92206852015) http://thumbnails65.imagebam.com/20686/e5430c206852037.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e5430c206852037) http://thumbnails49.imagebam.com/20686/c723f6206852054.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c723f6206852054) http://thumbnails67.imagebam.com/20686/195c6a206852068.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/195c6a206852068) http://thumbnails63.imagebam.com/20686/b1d9df206852085.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b1d9df206852085) http://thumbnails58.imagebam.com/20686/4fa922206852103.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4fa922206852103)

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wo4o8q9drcqdsb9

(http://www.filefactory.com/file/2d4nmdsur3kb/n/Pok_mon_Squirtle_s_Adventure_exe)I hope to open a thread in the showcase for this soon :)

Cilerba
August 30th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Alright this event's over. If you haven't submitted your project feel free to do so right now. I'll be handing out the emblem now to those that submitted your game.

IceGod64
August 31st, 2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2d4nmdsur3kb/n/Pok_mon_Squirtle_s_Adventure_exe

File Factory. :pink_blankstare:

I reccomend Mediafire, simply because a 177 MB game shouldn't take over two minutes on my connection. Even two minutes is a stretch, and it's been about 5 minutes and it's around 10% done. Over 30 minutes remain.

Pharetra
August 31st, 2012, 08:54 AM
File Factory. :pink_blankstare:

I reccomend Mediafire, simply because a 177 MB game shouldn't take over two minutes on my connection. Even two minutes is a stretch, and it's been about 5 minutes and it's around 10% done. Over 30 minutes remain.
Didn't know the download speed was that...bad. I'm sorry, I've uploaded the game on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?wo4o8q9drcqdsb9

I hate MediaFire for the upload limit

IceGod64
August 31st, 2012, 09:25 AM
Didn't know the download speed was that...bad. I'm sorry, I've uploaded the game on Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?wo4o8q9drcqdsb9

I hate MediaFire for the upload limit
I'm downloading it now, and getting a substantially better speed. Thanks!

I did grossly miscalculate my normal down speed though, in retrospect. 177mb would be more like 1-2 minnutes, 177MB (Your game) would be more like 5-10 minutes. FileFactory was giving me over 40 minutes remaining though.

poke-world
September 22nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Ideas: Maybe a solo pokémon game or a game where you are a special character (like a GYM Leader) and need to battle versus some trainers and do some other missions.

Lord Varion
September 25th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Ideas: Maybe a solo pokémon game or a game where you are a special character (like a GYM Leader) and need to battle versus some trainers and do some other missions.

Event is over, you shouldn't be posting.

I played squirtles adventure, pretty good!