PDA

View Full Version : [B/W] Favorite BW Unova City?

Reshiram Man
July 6th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Which city is your favorite?

My favorite city is Opelucid City, because I like the version differences in the cities, and also, the city is dragon-based, which happens to be one of my favorite types.

PlatinumDude
July 6th, 2012, 05:21 AM
I like Nimbasa City because of its amusement park, the sports stadiums and the Battle Subway.

diab_low
July 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
I kinda like Nimbasa because u can re battle trainers at the stadium. there is always something to do there even when u finish the game.

Aquarius1997
July 6th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I know im going against the norm here but
I HAD NO FEELINGS FOR NIMBASA CITY!!!!!
It was one of my most uncared about cities i only like it now since black-haired elesa is there
My favorite is actually Accumula town
(maybe nacrene city)
I pick a city the same way i pick a girlfriend
I look for hidden qualities

I like nacrene for the relaxing accordian music there
And i like accumula for the upbeat pianist and drummer

Maybe i just dont like show-offy cities even though I live in one

cacturne4512
July 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
I like Lacunosa Town the best. I guess I like the kind of creepy atmosphere.

Sabrewulf238
July 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'd have to say Driftveil City because of the music alone. I don't care what the city looks like that music is awesome.

Ephemeral Euphoria
July 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Undella Town is my personal favorite due to the bay and Cynthia being nearby but city wise I'd have to say Nimbasa City since it has the sports domes and battle subway but the music could be better if you ask me.

KyokuseiXRyusei
July 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Striaton City. Very classy and full of Cilan, Cress, Chili!

Shayminlover123
July 6th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Nimbasa I like the gyms gimmick and the ferris wheel.

Rivvon
July 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Normally I would say Nimbasa due to the great about of replayability it provided, or even Undella Town with its seaside calm (or summertime merriment!), but in the end I have to go with Anville Town. I'm highly biased because of the special track included on the BW Soundtrack, but it's also an adorable, relaxing little town that really comes alive during the weekends.

Mentalii
July 8th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Castelia City, I love big cities. This is the city I enjoyed the most to go all over town. And it's a very beautiful city, a delight for the eyes.

Anna
July 8th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Driftveil City, man. It's got gorgeous music. It's pretty even though it's an industrial city, It's home to one of my favourite Gym Leaders. It's got a market in- I tend to adore cities with markets. It's got the big bridge and pretty routes to the northwest and it's near open water and really it's just fabulous. ♥

Aerinoctis
July 8th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I like Nimbasa City, Mistralton City, and Undella Town because of the music and their designs.

Altairis
July 8th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I like Accumula's design, it's a shame they only really used it for Ghetsis's speech in the beginning, I feel like there really wasn't anything to it content-wise. They could have done more :C

Forever
July 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Normally I would say Nimbasa due to the great about of replayability it provided, or even Undella Town with its seaside calm (or summertime merriment!), but in the end I have to go with Anville Town. I'm highly biased because of the special track included on the BW Soundtrack, but it's also an adorable, relaxing little town that really comes alive during the weekends.

I found that town kind of boring. There was nothing really to do there! I wanted to explore more around the area, but the limited travel really made me not want to go there since there was very little to see/do.

I pick Castelia/Nimbasa, btw. n_n Prettiest! Oh and Black Cityyyyy.

Also noticed you included Pokemon League/White Forest, which means since they're not really cities, you can all bring up routes if you guys want too since it all kind of fits in and if discussion leads that way do it, imo.

Sonicfan9988
July 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I liked Castelia City the most because of it's design and it's music!

leojay
July 9th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Driftveil City for sure. Just for the music, it's simply amazing.

Am I allowed to make that the reason? :P

Senbon
July 9th, 2012, 05:30 AM
I like Nimbasa because of its stadium.

Ninjagon
July 15th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Nimbasa City is where my decision rests. It also where i train my pokemon (Stadium's),train my self (Subway) and where i use my BP to buy useful things, such as the way over-priced Vitamins and Life Orb's, you can never get enough of those two things, i tell ya lol.

Haseyo
July 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Lacunosa Town. I was saddened how little there was to do there in B/W (slightly improved in 2), but the music and layout just seemed very nice to me. I'd like to live in a place like that.

You know, minus the whole non-gated community with monsters outside thing.

Psycher!
July 16th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I liked Opelucid City for the music, and Undella Town for Cynthia and the music. IT'S SO CALMING.

Cyclone
July 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Lacunosa Town. I was saddened how little there was to do there in B/W (slightly improved in 2), but the music and layout just seemed very nice to me. I'd like to live in a place like that.

You know, minus the whole non-gated community with monsters outside thing.
The storyline is already over by then in B/W, while in B2/W2, you go through as part of the actual storyline. You actually have to go from Nimbasa to Undella and eventually off along the other new area in the game; correct me if I'm wrong, but Nacrene, Accumula, Striaton, and Numeva Town are off-limits until the E4 are beaten, am I right? Almost makes sense; there wasn't much in those areas before (other than two Gyms and a very out-of-the-way Challenge Rock that I used for financial gain while in the area), and there's even less to do there now if I understand, other than detouring through the Dreamyard.

I will reserve opinion as I have yet to see three of these areas. I don't really count the Pokémon League as a city.

Cyclone

Mr Cat Dog
July 27th, 2012, 07:55 AM
For its sheer scale, scope and ambition, I have to pick Castelia City. Yes, it wasn't perfect, what with its array of empty buildings and not all that much to do... but it was such a departure from all of the cities that came before it in the Pokemon world that I couldn't not vote for it. I love my cities big and metropolis-y, and there isn't anything bigger or more metropolis-y than Castelia, so it gets my vote in a heartbeat.

Katie the Friendly Ghost
July 27th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Mistralton had the coolest music, but I like Undella Town. Something about a small town on the beach that is very, idk, relaxing? And I think that was the town where I made some serious bank off that guy who bought the underwater treasures.

Cyclone
July 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Mistralton had the coolest music, but I like Undella Town. Something about a small town on the beach that is very, idk, relaxing? And I think that was the town where I made some serious bank off that guy who bought the underwater treasures.
You are correct. 300,000 for the Ancient Crown alone. That will buy you a few TMs from the shops!

Cyclone

Rhea2x5g
July 27th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Castelia City has to be one of my favorites. It looks exactly like New York city from my point of view. I love the bridge by the way.

Hikamaru
July 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I like Nimbasa City cause of the Ferris Wheel.

이큐리
July 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Undella Town is my favorite place to go. I grew up around the beach so it feels like home. :)
Nimbasa is a close second.

Cyclone
July 28th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Unlocked Lacunosa Town and Black City late in the evening - or is that early in the morning? Black City just looks like a small-scale wanna-be of Castelia City, and I'm not sure I like it. Lacunosa City looks actually kind of neat. I sort of like the raised terraces and the way that there is expensive property (or could be called that) on the lookouts with a great view (we think). It's growing on me. I haven't made it to Undella City yet. I did end up forced into battle by someone who turned at the wrong time, but ended up being able to take out his Lv.60 Fighting types as I have the Three Musketeers travelling with me right now. Maybe I'll see Undella City later today, but so far on three Routes I've only had to battle once. I'll cast my vote after seeing Undella City.

Cyclone

Galdr
July 28th, 2012, 06:43 AM
My favorite would have to be Kagome Town. It seems like a town the Flower Paradise would be at, technically speaking, and not for the fact you are given the Gracidea by the woman in BW, too. Just, it's so peaceful, and it's near one of my favorite places; the Giant Hall. Another favorite is the Village Bridge. Looks cool, in my opinion, and I'd love to live somewhere like there. Even though Village Bridge doesn't count, since you can't fly to it, but it looks lively like any ole town--except on a bridge.

Ciax
July 28th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I like the feel of Undella Town, a small beachside town for holidayers. If I took a trip to Unova I would definetly go there.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
July 29th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Lacunosa Town just seems like a beautiful place to live :)

Plus I love things that start with "L" lol :D

Cyclone
July 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
As of this post, Lacunosa has been pushed into second place. Undella seems kind of bland and mainly serves as a link to Undella Bay. I can see the opening they left for future construction over the two years leading to B2/W2; I'm shocked an entire town was built to the west in that time.

Cyclone

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
July 30th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Despite difficulties in navigating it, I'm going to say Castelia because it has the feel of a huge metropolis, which is a nice change from the cities in past games.

Brendino
July 30th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I would have to say that Castelia City is my favorite. It just something completely different that hasn't been done in any game before, and it feels more like a city than just a place with a lot of buildings (Saffron and Goldenrod both come to mind).

FiersomeLucia
August 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I like Nimbasa City... My least favorite was Black City, it was boring to battle here and battle there.

Lilaaa
August 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM
undella city for me~~~the music and prettiness OwO

Bourne-mouth
August 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
My favourite would be Black City/White Forest, if both of them count.

Well I... get to catch rare Pokemon in White Forest and battle hard in Black City. Not to mention that they're version exclusive, so they get more plus points.

ExHaseo
August 29th, 2012, 12:47 AM
My favorite is Undella. I absolutely love the calming music.

Cosmotone8
August 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I loved Accumula Town. My favorite part was definitely the Pianist and the Drummer that you could get to play.

Kirkland
August 29th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I love Lacunosa Town. I just loved the idea that they built a wall to keep Kyurem out. If I remember rightly, no-one is around outside at night either. Wish they'd have put some creepy pasta Lavender Town remix in there when it was dark and maybe some scary ice dragon noises. I just hope that Black 2/White 2 gives the poor place a purpose other than a Pokecentre pit stop on the way to the big man.

Forever
September 19th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I love Lacunosa Town. I just loved the idea that they built a wall to keep Kyurem out. If I remember rightly, no-one is around outside at night either. Wish they'd have put some creepy pasta Lavender Town remix in there when it was dark and maybe some scary ice dragon noises. I just hope that Black 2/White 2 gives the poor place a purpose other than a Pokecentre pit stop on the way to the big man.

Omg yes, idk why they didn't do that to Lacunosa, it would seem much more interesting, or maybe if they decorated it in Halloween stuff around Halloween, idk. OR the town itself got darker than everywhere else as night hit. :( idk that makes me like it even less.

Cyclone
September 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
What I'd have preferred to see is walking back to town with Kyurem, confirming the legend is true and it was the monster, and people wandering around at night knowing it was safe again. Either that or they bar YOU from ever stepping into town again as long as Kyurem is in your party.

Cyclone

Thomas
September 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I voted Black City just because of the scale of it compared to the scale of cities in the other games. Its' crazy how big it feel compared to even Saffron/Fuchsia (which felt huge to me back in the day).

The Works
September 20th, 2012, 07:28 AM
A tie between Castelia City and Lacunosa Town. Castelia City was so fun to explore when I first saw it, running through the streets and the dock.... not to mention those dancers at the fountain! Lacunosa's layout was really nice and looked like a luxury resort. I'd want to live in a place like that, but without the curfew, Kyurem nearby, and no nightlife, of course...

Squirrel
September 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Tbh I'm not a big fan of most of the cities in Unova, but I'd say Icirrus City wins simply due to how amazing it looks in the Winter ♥ It looks like a place of dreams and wonderment from a children's story book, plus it's very fitting for an Ice type gym, so I'm definitely choosing Icirrus City.

Pokemon_Geek
September 20th, 2012, 10:30 AM
So far, I like Opelucid City. It's got a futuristic/cyberpunk vibe that I love. Driftveil City is a close second because of the music(I can dance to that all day).

Psystar63
September 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Castelia was an awesome city! There was so much to do and explore there. And need I mention those 3D graphics? :D Plus, travelling there for the first time via SkyArrow Bridge was sooo cooool! Like seeing the Castelia skyline as you approach the city- simply amazing. The music for both SkyArrow and Castelia was nice too. Peaceful, yet upbeat.
But I tend to hang around Undella Town more. I just enjoy standing near the ocean and listening to the waves. It's where I go to relax when Castelia gets a bit too busy for me ^^

giradialkia
September 21st, 2012, 03:22 AM
Now I think of it, there are a lot of pretty cool towns and cities in Black and White (and to my shame, I realise that there are some whose names I don't know :( ).

I love Lacunosa (or at least the one I think is Lacunosa- the one near Giant Chasm). I just like its layout, and that some of the inhabitants speak of the 'monster that comes out at night'.

I also like Opelucid City in White Version. It looks all old and rustic, and just.. I like it. :) And I kinda like Castelia, purely because of its size, and the fact it has so many ports and stuff.

I love the Pokemon League too, though I wouldn't have considered it a city as such. :P

vlay
September 21st, 2012, 04:29 AM
I like Undella Town becuse the scene is so calming and the music is very relax (except at Summer :<). And yeah in this town I going eaisly to rich! xD

Forever
September 21st, 2012, 09:17 AM
I like Undella Town becuse the scene is so calming and the music is very relax (except at Summer :<). And yeah in this town I going eaisly to rich! xD

Oh yeah I love how the area around that town helps you get more money. XD; I still have stuff from underwater saved, though! Plus the actual people there you face - there's so many! You end up rich by the end, totally a good thing.

Drgons90
September 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Opelucid! Best music, try the combined version. Also the final leader for BW is here

Ultimeganium
September 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
Always liked Striaton City, was so close to the Day Care Center, always felt like home.

Hoenn
September 22nd, 2012, 04:26 AM
I love Nacrene City, there's something about it that has a home feel too it.