PDA

View Full Version : Typos -.-

The Fallen
January 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Do you find typos annoying when you are trying to read something and then you come across something that is so messed up you can't make it out?

Boy I hope I didn't have any typos in this lol.

[Technya]
January 20th, 2005, 03:34 PM
H*** yeah!! I know we're not perfect but you can at least take the time to correct your work or whatever the heck you're doing. It's like on this site for quizzes, you do the quiz and at times you have to read carefully since most times Typos will be everywhere and when the results show up it's even worse. :\

Lizzie
January 20th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I know exactly! what you mean! i saw someone give the most rude comment and i was giveing them a bad rep, and when i clicked okay, i realized i wasn't giveing them a disapproved rep, but a approved one >_<;; i wish i could take it back

MegaDitto
January 20th, 2005, 03:38 PM
No I don't find them annoying.People make's mistakes sometimes.I sometimes make mistakes too.Then I check.

[Technya]
January 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah I know we're not perfect but like I said before you can always come back and check your work for mistakes but some people just don't bother. I know we all make mistakes, I make them all the time just like everyone else but at least have the go to check if your work is correct.

DragonTrainer
January 20th, 2005, 03:41 PM
There's a difference between typos and "hey u guys wuts up? r yall gona do nethin 2day?"

MegaDitto
January 20th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah I know we're not perfect but like I said before you can always come back and check your work for mistakes but some people just don't bother. I know we all make mistakes, I make them all the time just like everyone else but at least have the go to check if your work is correct.Yeah sometimes when there are few mistakes it could look like spam.It's is important to check.

The Fallen
January 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
yeah that's sorta what I mean, it's like wtf are you trying to say.And do you speak e n g l i s h?

MegaDitto
January 20th, 2005, 04:00 PM
yeah that's sorta what I mean, it's like wtf are you trying to say.And do you speak e n g l i s h?
Do you mean me because I am confused.

The Fallen
January 20th, 2005, 04:07 PM
No, just some members are like ey wut ^, i joind 2 ehar cuz i leik pokemon.

MegaDitto
January 20th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Oh that is what I meant too.It seem's like spam sometimes.

The Fallen
January 20th, 2005, 04:14 PM
It is SPAM, I mean whats the point of posting it.Nobody can read it.Luckily we don't get many people like that :) .

Shana
January 20th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah...I hate when I can't read what someones saying...or when I make a stupid mistake. XD

Pokemaster10000
January 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Well it depends how sloppy the typo's are. XD
If it's those careless ones I'm okay with it.
But if it's those that looked like immigrants that just learned english and they were born here, well...umm, they're sloppy? XD I dunno really, I just skip them, unless I can practically read the whole thing while scrolling down fast.

Miyu-chan
January 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM
If typos dominate thoughout the whole post, then... o.o; My eyes will hurt. But what's really annoying is... what DT just said. o.o; And I don't really like it when people type like... ThIs, CaUsE i JuSt FiNd It FrUsTrAtInG aNd HaRd To ReAd. x.o; No offence. >"<

Kylie-chan
January 20th, 2005, 06:58 PM
OMG... if it's on a quiz site or something I wanna scream.

I'm a perfectionist. But if there are only a few minor ones it's okay, like Miyu-chan said.

But if they're my own, I want to curl up and die. XD

carrielynn
January 20th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I don't mind, but I prefer posts with correct grammar and no typos. I freak out over my own posts though. XD

Demonic Angel
January 21st, 2005, 02:09 AM
It doesn't bother me if people make a few mistakes, but when they're typing so weirdly I don't understand what they're saying, I start getting annoyed.
And I agree with Miyu-chan about typing in that WeIrEd way. It gets irratating and difficult to read. @.@

Trent
January 21st, 2005, 04:00 AM
Yes, it's sooo annoying! If the typos are so bad that I can't read what I'm trying to read, I just stop trying

Asher
January 21st, 2005, 04:03 AM
=/ It seems kind of stupid to hate people who type in chatspeak. At least they gave a post with something on it not relating to SPAM. =p;

Back on topic, I dun care if anyone makes any typo's. O_o; It's human, after all. x_X; DIE< J00

IceKitten
January 21st, 2005, 04:12 AM
Yea and sometimes typos make things funnier

Like naghty XD

TRIFORCE89
January 21st, 2005, 05:12 AM
Understandable typos don't bother me. But if it's somehting that compeltely changes the meaning (ex, "now" becomes "not")...those I don't like.

But between typos and bad spelling/grammar, I'd rather read the typos.

Ew....it's too early in the morning to type quickly, and I'm, using the school keyboard which I'm not used to, so I'm really slow. Ew, ew, ew....

*~Ashley~*
January 21st, 2005, 05:42 AM
If it's an occasional typo here and there it doesn't bother me... but excessive ones tend to get on my nerves a little bit. I mean, everyone makes a typo sometimes. I really hate when I do it though. >_< Bad grammar tends to annoy me more than typos though... and sometimes they'll annoy me so much that I'll start to correct people. -_-;

Eliana
January 21st, 2005, 05:43 AM
Heck yeah XD
I dont like to, but it just happens

Fast typing=Stupid typos XD
I am infamous for my terrible typos =3

NaVeR
January 21st, 2005, 06:08 AM
Typos can get annoying if they're repetative, or seem to be on purpose.

I try to not make as many typos as I can... Although, I'm sure I've made plenty :D

EDIT: w00t. 100th post!~

NiNGi
January 21st, 2005, 06:11 AM
I'm neutral on this. It depends from the person - Sometimes people simply rush things and that's when they're anoying, but people who make simple mistakes is ok... you know, sometimes you don't even think about it and just click or type wrongly - it's natural.

IceKitten
January 21st, 2005, 06:24 AM
I'm neutral on this. It depends from the person - Sometimes people simply rush things and that's when they're anoying, but people who make simple mistakes is ok... you know, sometimes you don't even think about it and just click or type wrongly - it's natural.

XD

Yeah I don't like rushing posts either unless on my log I have like 2 mins left lol

And even now, I typed this quickly and made a few typos but edoted my post before posting it...

[Technya]
January 21st, 2005, 07:09 AM

Agree with you 100%

NiNGi
January 21st, 2005, 07:12 AM
Ooops! You see what I mean? xD *whacks keyboard on his head* xo

Virtual Headache
January 21st, 2005, 07:43 AM
I hate typos in posts.
the "edit" option is fine, but some people just don't use it X_X

nayana_1120
January 21st, 2005, 02:12 PM
I don't like typos. They're evil! They may be just mistakes, but I don't like them much. They just look odd. >>;

Pokemon Master #1
January 21st, 2005, 05:46 PM
I don't like typos, they make it hard to understand the point someone's point.