PDA

View Full Version : [Engine] Pokémon Essentials DS v1.0

venom12
July 16th, 2012, 08:38 AM
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9139/essentialsdslogo.png
So here we go again, brand new version of Pokemon Essentials DS v1.0 comes right here. With base of Pokemon Essentials v13, it now uses great fetures which are in v13.
I have almost done everything in that modyfication. I need to fix bugs if you find them, and finish battle by addind mouse support for moves select.

Changelog of Pokemon Essentials DS from v1.0 to v1.5
Based on Pokemon Essentials v13

Edited Pokedex Scene
Edited Party Scene
Edited Summary Scene
Edited Bag Scene
Edited TrainerCard Scene
Edited Load And save scenes
Edited Phone Scene
Edited Region Map Scene
Edited Stortage system scene little, it will have mouse support in next release
Scripted Touch Menu
Added Luka SJ Mouse Module
Added Pokemon World Tournament by Luka SJ
Added GTS and PVP By Hansiec
Added The Pokemon Following feature
Scripted brand new Radio and Pokegear Script
Edited some positions in PokemonField script to fit dark cave and vs bar
Edited Battle Scene to look like DS game, edited commands, and positions. need too finish mouse support.
Edited the options scene to fit with just one screen and removed large resolution.
Also fixed bug with moving window after change of resolution
Edited in spriteset_map viewport to let images show picture from events use full sreen.
Added rest funcionality to Following script
Added support for mouse in battle moves selecting and mega form button
Fixed the typo of pbMoseInAreaRight in pokemon party
Fixed bad positions of confirmation and cancel in pokemon party
Edited Load Scene to not move sprites up when mysterygift is on
Finished Pokemon Stortage System
Fixed few things in Summary screen also gaved mouse support
Finished the summary scene
Fixed a bug when using vs animation that VS graphic shows also on second screen
Fixed positions in bag, and edited graphic to look better of pocket name
Fixed evolution positions
Fixed dark cave problem
Fixed positions of message boxes in scripts
Shadows under characters by Akaran
Fixed Hidden Move Animation position
Fixed Mart Positions
Made a variable to launch or turn off menu $PokemonGlobal.menu_access
You need to go to Scene_Map and remove # before $PokemonGlobal.menu_access to use it
Fixed not disapearing the icon of pokemon in battle
Added HM Rock Climb
Adden New Starter Select Script
Added A talk button some new text
Added walking sound effects
New Pokemon Selecting in battle similar to the one like HGSS
Added new Location Script by Carmaniac
Fixd Entering and exiting cave animaton
Included Pokemon Pack v1
New commands selecting like hgss one, to use call script with $choice=true
Added Mouse Support For Mining Mini Game
Fixed Talk To Pokemon
Edited Touch menu Text not appearing
Added mouse touch to pokedex quit and search button
Added feature to have multi saves
Added Full Mouse Support For Load Scene
Added Second item registartion
Fixed error when opening AnimationEditor from game
Added Mobius' Quest Journal by Mej71
Added Randomized Pokemon Script by Umbreon

Things to do:
Need to add support for Load Scene.

if anyone want can add his edits or new systems to this kit so post scripts or link here.

DOWNLOAD LINK!!!
Pokemon Essentials DS v1.5 (https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BxDaDIUqMHctOWR5X1dYWUlfLTQ&export=download)

Credits
Maruno, Poccil and Flameguru - For Pokemon Essentials
Luka Sj - For vs sequence, help, and mouse modules and modyfications. And for the Logo. And PWT.
Cybersam & Astro_Mech - Mouse module
Alexandre
zingzags
CNG - Battle moves select menu.
Help-14 - Pokemon Following
Rafael-Animal
CollosalPokemon
Wichu - Sprites
FL - Egg Types Script and Unova pokemons
KitsuneKouta
venom12 - for Pokemon Essentials DS

darkdemon
July 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM

So it was long time when i worked on that. It is new version again i working on that from scratch, menu is done better(Thanks to Luka SJ) Not lag.
It is version 0.1 so again from begginning. Some things there are done so dont worry :)

What is done:
Menu On Map, Pokemon Party Screen, Bag, Trainer Card, Pokemon Following.

Things to do:
Stortage system, Finish few things on Menu, Pokemon Summary, Battle need to be finished, Pokegear edits.

if anyone want can add his edits or new systems to this kit so post scripts or link here.

Link:Pokemon Essentials DS v0.1 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4212314/Essentials%20DS/Pok%C3%A9mon%20Essentials%20DS.rar)

Credits
Maruno, Poccil and Flameguru - For Pokemon Essentials
Luka Sj - For vs sequence, help, and mouse modules and modyfications. And for the Logo.
Cybersam & Astro_Mech - Mouse module
Alexandre
zingzags
CNG - Battle moves select menu.
Help-14 - Pokemon Following
Rafael-Animal
CollosalPokemon
Wichu - Sprites
FL - Egg Types Script and Unova pokemons
KitsuneKouta
venom12 - for Pokemon Essentials DS

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS!! WOW!! FASTER THAN I EXPECTED!!!

Firestorm.
July 17th, 2012, 01:26 AM
This looks amazing. I might use it for my fangame idea.

Rayd12smitty
July 17th, 2012, 04:31 AM
This is really nice looking. I looked at the old version, and was disappointed to see it discontinued. This looks good. And I see you have following pokemon. I just finished getting that into my game, and well, it is a great addition. Keep it up

Rick1234
July 17th, 2012, 06:09 AM
It's back?!?! Awesome! I can't wait!

Kaito1895
July 17th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Hello!

I know how ne normal essentials was translated, but i don't know how the DS Version was translated... Can someone help me?

abnegation
July 17th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Don't really know why you made a whole new thread rather than asking your question in here Kaito, but I merged your thread into this one for answering.

venom12
July 17th, 2012, 09:26 AM
THanks for the comments. First it can be translated like normal Pokemon Essentials.

Next Version will have more things, i will tell you what.

Finished Battle system, Vs Sequence, Finished Menu on map, Debug icon on menu, and pokegear.

p.claydon
July 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
ok so how do we open the debug menu also the trainer card doesnt have an name under the icon (and clicking the actual card doesnt do anything) otherwise looks good

Rayd12smitty
July 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
ok so how do we open the debug menu also the trainer card doesnt have an name under the icon (and clicking the actual card doesnt do anything) otherwise looks good

He said that the menu wasn't done, and that debug would work better in the next version (I think thats what he meant)

Rick1234
July 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hm...I can do anything you ask if you want. I think the battle system should be like B/W. I can't make the circles at which the pokemon can stand on but it's great what is going on. I was really planning on using this before. PM me if you think the idea is good and if you want me to start right away on that Venom. And I have some scripts that prove useful in game making such as the one you gave me (I think it should be put in there) and the one Icegod gave me to use. Those are 2 addition things that prove useful

p.claydon
July 17th, 2012, 12:17 PM
ah ok managed to get the pokedex icon to work

Rick1234
July 18th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Great :D I am going to test it now.

Rayd12smitty
July 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Wow. You are making great progress. Keep up the good work

p.claydon
July 18th, 2012, 10:00 AM
nice update will you be updating the 'demo' maps to include the new stuff like the genderselect thing (if its usable) and honeytrees?
also incase you dont already know on the 1st map the double battle between the athlete and gym leader roxanne crashes (due to roxanne)

id also update the pokefollow script with this

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281323

as it appears to fix a few bugs

Rick1234
July 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Venom sprites are almost complete. I have only a few more to do. I will be putting them in my B/W2 pack. 24 pokemon are left to be made shiny then tonight when I get home I will upload them.

Rick1234
August 1st, 2012, 03:22 AM
Hopefully updates soon o3o I need the alternate forms part of the scripts.

Rick1234
August 11th, 2012, 03:07 PM
So v0.3 is here :) It took some time, but im busy, i dont have time to work over week, only some time on weekend, i got job month ago and even dont work on my game, only sometimes on Essentials DS. In this version i didnt edited much things, just added few things so check this change log.

Version 0.3 11.08.2012
Edited Pokemon Following so now it support alternate forms
Edted Pokemon Party screen so its now finished
Added 5thgen Pokemons
Edited PokemonBag Graphic and pocket names positions
Added Ho-oh 112 Awards System Ad put example In PokemonMap Script
Added DayCareChecker By FL
Added Show Species Introdution - by FL
Berry number in bag - by FL
Edited Pokedex so its done in 100% and touchable with mouse.
Included some of trainers sprites in 160x160 pixels and positioned them.
"Edited Trainers Gender Select which is now much better,
you can also use keyboard and mouse to select a trainer gender."
Edited little hm use sequence.

And here is download link
Link:Pokemon Essentials DS v0.3 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4212314/Essentials%20DS/Pok%C3%A9mon%20Essentials%20DS%20v0.3.rar)

Great :D I needed this XD

Ramond Hikari
August 12th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Ummm... I wonder if the registered item button can be put in the untouchable screen and which script should I add in class PokemonMenu_Scene to show the registered item in the upper menu?

Thanks a lot :D

ranimal101
August 13th, 2012, 12:45 AM
This is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

p.claydon
August 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
soooo is this using the latest version of essentials aswell then???

venom12
August 17th, 2012, 03:58 PM
soooo is this using the latest version of essentials aswell then???

It is using version 8, but of course i will upgrade it :) to version 9.

Shiv420
March 2nd, 2013, 04:39 AM
I'm currently using Pokémon essentials ds 0.3.9 (i know theres other versions but the links are dead and i prefer the dex layout from it) and ive added all pokemon up to gen5 plus my own pokemon, but the pokedex is oly showing up to 493 ARCEUS, my scripting knowlage is mimimal at best, Ive tried increasing the number in the script which causes the dex to scroll infinitly past the last pokemon, does any one know how to increase the limit without this happening?

Larryturbo
June 13th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I have asked this before.In pokemon essentials ds whenever I click the fight button in a battle by pressing the A(c) button the small menu icon of the pokemon stays there even after the battle has ended. This doesn't happen when I click the fight button with my mouse.How do I solve this.

linkthehero
December 26th, 2013, 01:48 AM
it is really simple to make a bw battle system of this

Dylanrockin
January 11th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I was wondering how I would be able to apply this to my game. Because as it is right now, this is just a standalone thing. Do I just copy and past all of my files over to this? Or would I copy and paste these files over to my game? And, would it be able to support the current version of Pokemon essentials as it is now?

linkthehero
January 11th, 2014, 06:51 AM
i wouldn#t use this
the kit is 2 years old and the it got some big errors =(
but he did a good job and i make a kit like this ,but based on latesd version
i'm almost finish ,but i have to edit the battle system and edit the region map script
the problem is i hate to script ,becouse i#m not so good =(

venom12
February 23rd, 2014, 12:37 PM

So here we go again new version released, check first post for changelog.
Post all bugs, and maybe some suggestions here or PM me.
Based on Pokemon Essentials v13

Pokemon Essentials DS v1.0 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4212314/Ds%20Kit%20ver2.rar)

Remember to download The Pokemon Pack v1

Pokemon Pack v1 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/ar3n1v7w3u9hwdb/Pok%C3%A9mon+Pack+v1.rar)

Zeak6464
February 23rd, 2014, 12:47 PM
Well for the most part it seems to run fast , not laggy at all.
Battles are fast.
Storage right now .... seems the moving part doesn't work from party to storage..

Saving Raven
February 23rd, 2014, 02:15 PM
A DS kit is an awesome resource, kudos - my only suggestion (without actually checking anything of this beyond the change log) would be for you to see how the PC storage UI is done ion x/y, it gives the player far more control over the system than any other game, and since it is your next goal for the next release, in-case you aren't already, you should look towards that.

In any event, good luck with this!

Varion Bluefire
February 23rd, 2014, 03:48 PM
http://i.snag.gy/BDFeQ.jpg

When I use essentials quick new game, this happens.

And in thye proper new game menu when you finish naming the player.

venom12
February 23rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
http://i.snag.gy/BDFeQ.jpg

When I use essentials quick new game, this happens.

And in thye proper new game menu when you finish naming the player.

Oh i forgot to remove that bug, umm will be fixed in tommorow release, right now just use debug.

EDIT: Version 1.1 released update your old script.rxdat with new one.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4212314/DS%20Kitv2/Scripts.rxdata

Changelog of Pokemon Essentials DS v1.1
Edited the options scene to fit with just one screen and removed large resolution.
Also fixed bug with moving window after change of resolution
Edited in spriteset_map viewport to let images show picture from events use full sreen.
Added rest funcionality to Following script
Added support for mouse in battle moves selecting and mega form button

Luka S.J.
February 23rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
Oh i forgot to remove that bug, umm will be fixed in tommorow release, right now just use debug.

Lol, told you. It's the loops that are broken. Just gotta remove the [1] from sprites[1].

Playerin
February 24th, 2014, 08:47 AM
When I open the pokemon party window while using the new 1.1 script, I get the following error. I don't receive this error if I stick with the original 1.0 script:

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbMouseinAreaRight?' for #<Game_Mouse:0x94b27a0>
PokemonParty:791:in `pbChoosePokemon'
PokemonParty:753:in `loop'
PokemonParty:799:in `pbChoosePokemon'
PokemonParty:1916:in `pbPokemonScreen'
PokemonParty:1913:in `loop'
PokemonParty:2040:in `pbPokemonScreen'
Custom Menu:613:in `pbIndex'
Custom Menu:612:in `pbFadeOutIn'
Custom Menu:612:in `pbIndex'
Custom Menu:365:in `input'

If I replace the new PokemonControl with the contents of the old one, I don't seem to get this problem anymore

In addition, when I need to select a pokemon from my party for some event (for example, when I select pokemon to participate in the battle tower), the "Confirm" button slightly overlaps with the 6th pokemon party slot. (Sorry, I can't post a picture at the moment due to my post count).

Luka S.J.
February 24th, 2014, 09:39 AM
When I open the pokemon party window while using the new 1.1 script, I get the following error. I don't receive this error if I stick with the original 1.0 script:

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbMouseinAreaRight?' for #<Game_Mouse:0x94b27a0>

It's just a typo. Should be pbMouseInAreaRight?, with the capital "I". No need to replace all of PokemonControls, just fix the typo.

venom12
February 27th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Ok update v1.2 comes here! So Some changed has been done, also finished Stortage system and little more, check the change log. You need to download v1.0 then v1.2 and replace data.

Changelog of Pokemon Essentials DS v1.2
Fixed the typo of pbMoseInAreaRight in pokemon party
Fixed bad positions of confirmation and cancel in pokemon party
Edited Load Scene to not move sprites up when mysterygift is on
Finished Pokemon Stortage System
Fixed few things in Summary screen also gaved mouse support
Finished the summary scene

Pokemon Essentials DS v1.2 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4212314/DS%20Kitv2/ds%20Kit%20v1.2.rar)

Varion Bluefire
February 27th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I notice the Following script is in this engine, how exactly do you activate it?

Elyssia
March 14th, 2014, 07:23 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this in the evolution Scene?
For some odd reasons it displays the Pokémon in the center of the entire window.
In this case, behind the Line in the middle...

Using version 1.2.

http://i59.tinypic.com/k2lj13.png

venom12
March 19th, 2014, 03:50 AM
So Essentials DS v1.3 CComes now, it took me some time, and today i decided to release it because i didnt hd ideas what i can do more.

Changelog of Pokemon Essentials DS v1.3
Fixed a bug when using vs animation that VS graphic shows also on second screen
Fixed positions in bag, and edited graphic to look better of pocket name
Fixed evolution positions
Fixed dark cave problem
Fixed positions of message boxes in scripts
Shadows under characters by Akaran

Pokemon Essentials DS v1.3 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4212314/DS%20Kitv2/Ds%20Kit%20ver1.3.rar)

Kyain
March 19th, 2014, 06:59 AM
You put my script in? Wow!

It does have its bugs though, nothing major though. Just graphical that can be fixed easily (or not, I'm not sure)

theRiolvile2
March 28th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Is it posible to put the Black and white2 battle backgrounds and the script for HP bars in battle to look like they fit

joeyhugg
March 29th, 2014, 02:17 PM
If I were to add a new type to the types.png, would it go under Dark or under Tough?

Pokegod7020
March 31st, 2014, 08:55 AM
I've been playing around with this kit, and noticed a few errors. Here they are.

1) I tested out v13s main feature:mega evolution. I gave myself a blastoise through debugging, and gave it a blastoisinite through fill bag debug option. I tested a wild battle against a level 5 abra, and after I selected mega evolution, and hydropump, blastoise's icon was still there on screen. Also, when the battle started, the girl character's bottom half was cut off. When blastoise was sent out, it sort of lunged toward the Abra, and then returned. Also, I know this is just a graphical error of some sort, but when I mega evolve, the sprite is SUPER TINY for mega blastoise. Havent tested it for the other yet, but thats for sure w/ #ARMCANNONS.

2)Following Pokémon doesn't work all that well. When I gave myself a Venusaur, I went out of the debug menu, tried entering and exiting a house to see if it refreshes, and nothing. The venusaur didn't follow. Tried same thing with a different pokemon, same thing happened.

3)When in the Professor's lecture, he asks you what your name is. I just put AAAAAA, but then thought, why not?; so I put a random name on there, and it didn't change on the lower half under the trainercard. When I went into the trainer card though, it showed the new name, Valerie, and it still didn't update when I exited the trainer card.

Hope to see the above errors fixed, in 1.4. Thanks Venom.

-Pokemon Cosmos Version Creator./Pokégod7020

joeyhugg
March 31st, 2014, 11:10 AM
The following Pokemon worked for me. That's strange.

Pokegod7020
March 31st, 2014, 01:17 PM
joeyhugg, did you start yours just like Rayd12s following script? I saw a similar script built in, but not sure if it was the same script. Because if you have to start it just like Rayd's script, then I hafta try it like that. :P

-pokegod7020-

joeyhugg
April 1st, 2014, 02:36 AM
I didn't modify it. If it helps, I extracted the .zip to a blank version of the original Essentials.

venom12
April 2nd, 2014, 11:45 PM
New version comes now, made some changes.

Changelog of Pokemon Essentials DS v1.4 03-04-2014
Fixed Hidden Move Animation position
Fixed Mart Positions
Made a variable to launch or turn off menu $PokemonGlobal.menu_access
You need to go to Scene_Map and remove # before $PokemonGlobal.menu_access to use it
Fixed not disapearing the icon of pokemon in battle
Added HM Rock Climb
Adden New Starter Select Script
Added A talk button some new text
Added walking sound effects
New Pokemon Selecting in battle similar to the one like HGSS
Added new Location Script by Carmaniac
Fixd Entering and exiting cave animaton
Included Pokemon Pack v1

Pokemon Essentials DS v1.4 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4212314/DS%20Kitv2/Ds%20Kit%20ver1.4.rar)

walppeople
April 6th, 2014, 01:43 AM
Hi everybody!

Well, I've entered PokéCommunity just because of the great work you've done here, venom12, and all the people who helped you. Amazing! I can't find the right words to thank all of you guys.
I wanted to point out a couple of things I've noticed while testing. This kit is excellent and we should all help improve it (I would actively collaborate if I knew how to program...)
So,

-I've noticed that when you talk to Pokémon they don't answer back nor show an emote just like with Help-14's script.
-"A" button on the touch screen (Examine button) remains always pressed, and appears not to be pressed when you're actually pressing it.
-Many options on the touch screen don't work, for example the Pokédex, confirming dialogues, etc.
-When you get the Pokédex, your first Pokémon and the Pokégear (to sum up, when you get new buttons on the touch screen), they remain unnamed until you restart the game.

Could these little things please be fixed? Like I said before I can't help more because I really can't program, but I'll post this ressource pack, just in case you want to include it for the next Essentials DS version. It's an animated Pokémon pack. At battles, Pokédex, status screen and all, the Pokémon sprites will move. I find it a nice thing. Please credit the original authors when used! (They're German, so be careful! Just joking). The link: medien(dot)pokemeister(dot)net/Sprites+eggs(dot).rar [replace (dot) with .]

Thanks a lot again! I'll keep track of your work, it's wonderful.
Ps: I'm from Spain, so I apologize for my English! :S

Noah.
June 12th, 2014, 07:38 AM
This is really cool, thanks for the work on this venom! I'm just here to report a bug.
Opening animation editor returns:
---------------------------
DS Essentials
---------------------------
Exception: NameError

PokemonAnimEditor:475:in `update'

PokemonAnimEditor:982:in `update'

PokemonAnimEditor:981:in `each'

PokemonAnimEditor:981:in `update'

PokemonAnimEditor:3502:in `animationEditorMain'

PokemonAnimEditor:3499:in `loop'

PokemonAnimEditor:3679:in `animationEditorMain'

PokemonAnimEditor:3698:in `pbAnimationEditor'

PokemonDebug:816:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug:816:in `pbFadeOutIn'

Zeak6464
June 24th, 2014, 02:25 PM
New error....
pokemon dies during battle and can't switch out
Can you please fix this !

Also *Added PVP & Trading*
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10464113_10203448770493007_8870954457178767337_n.jpg?oh=3a96ba64c390b004d315b6566a10a6d5&oe=542EC362&__gda__=1410368285_52a157d1a0013340010c0e09db9440c0

venom12
June 27th, 2014, 01:24 AM
So finally get my pc working, and i can release v1.5.

Fixed Talk To Pokemon

Pokemon Essentials DS v1.5 (https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BxDaDIUqMHctOWR5X1dYWUlfLTQ&export=download)

Zeak6464
June 27th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Still got the error...
"When one of your pokemon get knocked out , you can't switch out to a new pokemon"

Video of the Error
http://youtu.be/o2NxXJ-8sEA

Make sure you
CLICK ON THE POKEMON TO SWITCH OUT !!!

Worldslayer608
June 29th, 2014, 10:37 AM
So finally get my pc working, and i can release v1.5.

Fixed Talk To Pokemon

I dig the updates Venom! I will download it and give it a whirl here soon. It is really nice to see the update :D

theRiolvile2
June 30th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Will you add X and Y sprites to the next release ?

Roaming Murkrow
July 2nd, 2014, 10:44 PM
Will you add X and Y sprites to the next release ?

Since this engine is just an upgrade to Pokemon Essentials, i would guess not

pokemonjs
July 9th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Hello~can you see the bugs i told you in your Personal space?Thanks!~