PDA

View Full Version : Hello PC!

Jbsundown
July 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone! I am Jbsundown or MrJbsundown.
I am almost 15 (Less than a month to go) from the time of this post. I am English. I have been slowly getting back into Pokémon for a while now and have played the games over and over again and I love them! I have also been watching the anime and I am on season 4. However I think I will probably not watch past season 9 as the voice actors change but we shall see!
I had written a few Pokémon stories when I was younger and I am going to revive them and post them into the Fanfiction thread. There is also a link to one in my signature.
I am also into ROM hacking and general game development. I am a beginner/amateur scripter (I would rate myself about a 4-5/10 (maybe higher)) and a beginner mapper (2-3/10) but I like to think my strong point is writing a game's storyline.
I would say that one of my greatest Pokémon achievements (and a pretty good life achievement) is filling up the Kanto Pokédex on Fire Red 100% Legit. I am still working on the Nationaldex.
I would love to wi-fi trade and battle but I cannot connect to my wi-fi through my DS as the security is WPA-2SK instead of WEP as my DS demands.
I hope that my time here at PokéCommunity is a long lasting and enjoyable one!
Thanks for reading guys!
- Jbsundown

Sheep
July 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Welcome to PC; that was quite a lengthy introduction! It's really awesome to see that you have so many interests as that means there'll be more sections for you to get involved in! n_n I definitely understand your anime grievances haha, I'm still not used to the new voice actors even though they've been around for years.

I've never fully completed the dex in any game... it's definitely one of my goals for when I get White 2, though, so there's that to look forward to~!

Anyways, stick around and have fun! Feel free to VM me if you'd like to talk, and if you have questions, go ahead and ask the nearest moderator. <: They're always available to help.

Katholic Nun
July 30th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Hey JB!

I stopped watching the anime after Season 5 because Misty left and I couldn't bear the thought of continuing on without her :P. She was meant to be with Ash forever and they were meant to live happily ever after, but alas it was not to be! I've heard a lot of people complaining about the anime after they've watched it for too long as well because apparently they reboot Ash into a beginner trainer every time he goes to a new region, so he's basically learned nothing. I think I'd find that frustrating, so it's best for me to just leave it be :P

I have the same problem with my DS as well, it's so annoying :< - the only way I solved it was buying a 3DS because they've upgraded that to accept WPA security. Annoying as hell but at least it works now I guess!

ANYWAY welcome to the community, I'm a huge fan of the English so I'm sure we'll get along great on your accent alone :D

Talk soon!

Cyclone
July 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I am going to be trying to match your feat on a grander scale (in Black), but having only started my hunt through the later Routes recently, I have a ways to go. :) I'm currently looking for Corsola, and will soon trade for the missing Unova Pokémon I cannot catch (I'm waiting for the Keldeo gift too, and Meloetta).

So you watch the anime? I'm finishing Season 5, and there are some interesting moments. In one episode Ash turns into a Pikachu - no, really. I wish they made an entire episode with him in that form and having to fight Team Rocket, learning how to use electrical powers fighting alongside his own Pikachu (even getting captured), but alas; it's gone early in the next episode and he's back to himself. Maybe they tried and scrapped the idea.

NEway, that discussion would go in our Anime (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15) forum, so I'll stop there. We're glad to have you on board. Are you looking into playing Black and White yourself? Are you planning to get Black 2 and/or White 2?

Oh, and hacking skills are definitely useful over here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156). Sit and stay a spell, I'm currently helping with some mapping myself. :)

Cyclone

diab_low
July 30th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone! I am Jbsundown or MrJbsundown.
I am almost 15 (Less than a month to go) from the time of this post. I am English. I have been slowly getting back into Pokémon for a while now and have played the games over and over again and I love them! I have also been watching the anime and I am on season 4. However I think I will probably not watch past season 9 as the voice actors change but we shall see!
I had written a few Pokémon stories when I was younger and I am going to revive them and post them into the Fanfiction thread. There is also a link to one in my signature.
I am also into ROM hacking and general game development. I am a beginner/amateur scripter (I would rate myself about a 4-5/10 (maybe higher)) and a beginner mapper (2-3/10) but I like to think my strong point is writing a game's storyline.
I would say that one of my greatest Pokémon achievements (and a pretty good life achievement) is filling up the Kanto Pokédex on Fire Red 100% Legit. I am still working on the Nationaldex.
I would love to wi-fi trade and battle but I cannot connect to my wi-fi through my DS as the security is WPA-2SK instead of WEP as my DS demands.
I hope that my time here at PokéCommunity is a long lasting and enjoyable one!
Thanks for reading guys!
- Jbsundown

Welcome my name is Diablo and I'm a 18 year old Australian who has been a Pokefan since the age of 5 and is now waiting for the magical 11th of October for the release of B2/W2.

Well hope you have a great time here and I'll catch you later.

Jbsundown
July 31st, 2012, 05:29 AM
First things first, thank you all for the wonderful welcomes! :D

Welcome to PC; that was quite a lengthy introduction! It's really awesome to see that you have so many interests as that means there'll be more sections for you to get involved in! n_n I definitely understand your anime grievances haha, I'm still not used to the new voice actors even though they've been around for years.

I've never fully completed the dex in any game... it's definitely one of my goals for when I get White 2, though, so there's that to look forward to~!

Anyways, stick around and have fun! Feel free to VM me if you'd like to talk, and if you have questions, go ahead and ask the nearest moderator. <: They're always available to help.

Thanks Cirno, I of course will be looking at almost all of the different topics around here as they all seem to appeal to me so much! Yes then anime changes are a huge shame indeed as they just ruined it for me really switching the voices etc. It did take me a while to complete, I think I beat the Elite 4 in about 100 hours of playing time as my Pokémon choices weren't the best for the job and then a further 30ish hours of playing I had completed the pokédex! It felt great to complete it at the time and it still does now! None of the other games really made me want to complete the pokédex if you know what I mean? It just didn't really feel all that special to do. I dunno, maybe that's just me!
I am sure I will have loads of fun here and I will do at some point!
Thanks again!
- JB

Hey JB!

I stopped watching the anime after Season 5 because Misty left and I couldn't bear the thought of continuing on without her . She was meant to be with Ash forever and they were meant to live happily ever after, but alas it was not to be! I've heard a lot of people complaining about the anime after they've watched it for too long as well because apparently they reboot Ash into a beginner trainer every time he goes to a new region, so he's basically learned nothing. I think I'd find that frustrating, so it's best for me to just leave it be

I have the same problem with my DS as well, it's so annoying :< - the only way I solved it was buying a 3DS because they've upgraded that to accept WPA security. Annoying as hell but at least it works now I guess!

ANYWAY welcome to the community, I'm a huge fan of the English so I'm sure we'll get along great on your accent alone

Talk soon!

I do feel the same way about Misty leaving, it is a huge disappointment, it feels as though Nintendo or GameFreak or whoever it is has just stopped caring about what the viewers want, for example. Misty leaving, Voices changing, Ash never really growing up (that is a big mistake when the series have a hugely chronological basis!). Ash unfortunately does get rebooted every season which I feel is stupid. Being on season 4 and watching him lose to a Miltank! When he beat the 'unbeatable' Orange league champion and placed top 16 at the indigo league just doesn't make sense in my opinion!
Anyway this is probably best not to continue all my complaints about the anime as I do enjoy it so far and these need to go into the anime discussion! :P
It is annoying with the DS, I was thinking about getting the 3DS but I am not so sure about it and will probably just wait until an entirely new console comes out that has Pokémon games just for that platform and can't be played on the original DS models.
But yes! Thank you for the welcome and I am sure we will! :D

I am going to be trying to match your feat on a grander scale (in Black), but having only started my hunt through the later Routes recently, I have a ways to go. I'm currently looking for Corsola, and will soon trade for the missing Unova Pokémon I cannot catch (I'm waiting for the Keldeo gift too, and Meloetta).

So you watch the anime? I'm finishing Season 5, and there are some interesting moments. In one episode Ash turns into a Pikachu - no, really. I wish they made an entire episode with him in that form and having to fight Team Rocket, learning how to use electrical powers fighting alongside his own Pikachu (even getting captured), but alas; it's gone early in the next episode and he's back to himself. Maybe they tried and scrapped the idea.

NEway, that discussion would go in our Anime forum, so I'll stop there. We're glad to have you on board. Are you looking into playing Black and White yourself? Are you planning to get Black 2 and/or White 2?

Oh, and hacking skills are definitely useful over here. Sit and stay a spell, I'm currently helping with some mapping myself.

Cyclone

Well good luck! It takes a long time to do but is very satisfying to do! I hope you do complete it! Be sure to post it somewhere when you do!
I think that would be great to see him fight with his Pikachu! It would make a brilliant episode in my opinion and I am sure in many others' opinions as well!
I'll definitely check out the Anime forum! Thanks!
I actually have the game for DS already! I have 7 badges and I have just received the Black Stone thing, I have beaten Bianca and am now crossing the bridge! I am looking forward to Black/White 2 and I think I will get Black 2 as I played with White the first time but we shall see!
I shall have a look at that and find somewhere to use my skills!
Thanks again for the welcome Cyclone!
- JB

Welcome my name is Diablo and I'm a 18 year old Australian who has been a Pokefan since the age of 5 and is now waiting for the magical 11th of October for the release of B2/W2.

Well hope you have a great time here and I'll catch you later.

Hi Diablo! I love to see a good 'hardcore' Pokéfan! I am also awaiting the release date but I am not sure when it is released in the UK. I know it is October, it could be the 11th also but I am not sure. I will find out though!
I am sure I will! Thanks again!
- JB