View Full Version : [Question] [VX Ace] Characters stuck on custom tileset

August 3rd, 2012, 3:51 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem here.
I've created some tiles for VX Ace (in the pokemon style) and when i import them into VX Ace and place the tiles in the editor, everything works and fits properly.

When i start the game, the character is stuck on the same tile. I can use the buttons to change direction of the character, but it doesn't move.

I've also checked the O and X on the tiles in the Database, and the ground tiles are passable. The tiles all have the settings O to them, so that shouldn't be the problem. Also checked the bush, counter etc. settings, and that's alright aswell.

I was hoping some of you know the problem and could explain me how to get rid of this.... (is this a bug?)

Thanks in advance.

August 4th, 2012, 1:45 AM
Have you put the ground tiles in the 'A' set?
If they're in anything else, I believe that they just work as the 'Priority Tiles'

August 4th, 2012, 3:52 AM
Well, that's the weird thing.
You have in the graphics table: A1 (animated), A2 (terrain), A3 (buildings), A4 (walls) and A5 (general).

I edited the existing tile from VX Ace, (in this case: Outside_A2)and replaced most of the tiles with the one i made. Didn't change the position of the tiles, just pasted the new ones, over the old ones. So nothing is changed at all.

I don't get it....