PDA

View Full Version : Rep vs. Postcount

Spectrum
January 23rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
If one of them had to go, which one would you want to keep?

Um... yeah. o.O Somebody else brought this up to me, so I thought I'd make a poll on it. Keep in mind that this is simply a poll, and the results will not in any way affect the community.

As for me, I'd rather keep postcount. What about you? XP

anal dweling but monkey
January 23rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
*this person spammed pointlessly*

Jolty-kun
January 23rd, 2005, 07:57 AM
And that 'someone', was me xP, i was gonna make this too, but i just wasnt bothered, anywayz, post count, the rep system means nothing now, so if i had the choice, itd be postcount!

dude, shut up, what the heck are ya doing?, *reports to arcy*

Spectrum
January 23rd, 2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks for flying Lamer Airways, have a nice trip n00b! ^_^

Eliana
January 23rd, 2005, 07:58 AM
xD oh look a flamer! XD (not you Jolty the dude above you XD) Anyways...Most likely posts. I worked hard on it, and yeah XD

Lady Pearl
January 23rd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Ehh, I don't understand a word Butt Monkey is saying. -.-

For me, it's postcount! In some sort of way, you get reputation by your posts and reputation seems untrue. It'll be better to have 100,000 posts than 11 reputation squares.

dumbthingy
January 23rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
I'd say postcount. I post very few posts anyway.

rep u ta tion n.

1. The general estimation in which a person is held by the public.
2. The state or situation of being held in high esteem.
3. A specific characteristic or trait ascribed to a person or thing: a reputation for courtesy.
4. A measuring unit counting the attempts to being <guess what?> ;)

KoBRe LaiR
January 23rd, 2005, 08:40 AM
I say both of them have to go, but if I choose one I keep rep. Not posts count since it seems most people are fighting about how many posts someone has.

Shana
January 23rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Postcount of course, rep doesn't matter that much to me.

mew42003
January 23rd, 2005, 08:55 AM
I chosse post counts.I wanna get to 1,000 posts!

☺ ~mew42003

Carlito-san
January 23rd, 2005, 09:48 AM
Rep has to stay because postcount fuels bitter competition.

Lizzie
January 23rd, 2005, 09:56 AM
I like rep better, it's fun to collect the little green thingies ^^

Miyu-chan
January 23rd, 2005, 09:56 AM
Postcount.

I made these posts through a time span of 1 year, and nothing can replace those memories.

parallelzero
January 23rd, 2005, 09:58 AM
If I had to choose ONE, I wouldn't. I'd pick neither to stay. They are both things on PC that were meant for members to feel good about themselves for people thinking their good, or just to know that you post a lot, but people have now turned these once enjoyable things into a competition. Spamming, posting in topics that aren't needed to be posted in, ect, help raise the members post count, so thats what they do. Begging for rep, is what members still do to this very day, which I find pathetic, really. You would only really beg for it, if you didn't have any confidence in yourself.

Now I've expressed my opinion, XD

BladeForever
January 23rd, 2005, 10:06 AM
If I had to choose ONE, I wouldn't. I'd pick neither to stay. They are both things on PC that were meant for members to feel good about themselves for people thinking their good, or just to know that you post a lot, but people have now turned these once enjoyable things into a competition. Spamming, posting in topics that aren't needed to be posted in, ect, help raise the members post count, so thats what they do. Begging for rep, is what members still do to this very day, which I find pathetic, really. You would only really beg for it, if you didn't have any confidence in yourself.

Now I've expressed my opinion, XD

I hate you. -_- You just had to post that before me.. Well, I agree 100%. ^_^ That's how I feel exactly on the current situation.

~Blade~

MegaDitto
January 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
I think postcount is better.

deathbyalice
January 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
I think I'd want to keep the rep...Just because the postcount means nothing to me...

Flygon trainer
January 23rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
I like postcount. I don't know why, maybe it's because I nearly have the highest amount of posts....

The Fallen
January 23rd, 2005, 11:52 AM
I really don't care about either to tell the truth, but the rep blocks look cool lol.

oni flygon
January 23rd, 2005, 11:54 AM
Reputation, post count... take them both away it doesn't really matter to me...

Quality over quantity, they say...
Your reputation is worthless if you ask for it or if you see them giving you reputation for things like: "Oh I like your sig" ...

Esai
January 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
posts all the way! although i would rather had both XD post counts are how social, etc you are on pc, rep blocks are how many people decide to give you rep and to see nice little green things near to your name XD.

Ryoutarou
January 23rd, 2005, 11:59 AM
Post count for me, I rarely if ever get any rep that matters to me anymore...I.E. Just random annoying rep --;

Flaming Torchic
January 23rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
If I had to choose one to keep, I'd keep post count. If you ask me, over the past year, rep has caused more problems than post count (anyone remember when someone made a new thread each day complaining about how some member was insulting them with the rep system? =\). Besides, rep isn't really important to me.

Stevo-kun
January 23rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
I vote for Postcount, I think it is more impotant than rep XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Lil' Schu
January 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
I'd rather keep both =P.
But if people hadn't of gotten so obsessed with rep, I'd have kept it. Now I'd rather have postcount, but I already clicked rep, so meh.

100marios
January 23rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
The point of reputation is to congratulate people on well thought-out posts, an admirable action taken by a member, or anything that really moves one and motivates them to give it out. Reputations are to give people a sense of accomplishment, whereas post count is a recorded number on how many posts you've racked up during your stay at PC.

Now if that don't sound one-sided, hehe...

Kylie-chan
January 24th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Both XP

Post count. It provides more motivation. 11 pips, then there's hardly any visual proof of your hard work. Post counts are also more fun. ^.^ Rep, I could live without.

TRIFORCE89
January 24th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Doesn't matter to me. The rep points don't really matter to me, and they matter even less to me since I can't give any out (NIS won't let me T_T).

I don't see why your post count should account for your reputation. For personal use, I'd like to see how many I've made, but it doesn't have to a public thing.