PDA

View Full Version : Hello by kenshin-

kenshin-
August 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I am a belgian user, I'm 28 years old.

I like videogames, computer, to read, to sing (joke)....

Videogames ps3, (before I had a xbox360 but I sold it because I dont really play since I bought the ps3), Wii (for my sister), some DSLite, DSi, 3DS and pc.

My prefered videogames are CoD (ps3), Battlefield (pc), pokémon (ds of course), minecraft (a little), skyrim (pc)...

My prefered books are... The Knights of Emerald, All the Stephen King best-sellers and also, the One Piece manga.

I discoverd this forum with a search on internet about... pokemon.

Pokemon world is really new for me. It was not my generation. And I'm coming in this big world by some research.

I think that's all for the moment.

So, see you soon.

Please forgive me for my bad English, but I've had only 2 hours a week of English when I was at high school. And 4 hours a week in higher school. So, I don't have the opportunity to speak with another people in English every day.

Cadance
August 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Hello there, Kenshin! You share a similar name with an Anime moderator here. xD Your English is perfectly fine here so don't worry about a thing regarding to that. :)

Here in these forums we do speak English and it can become great practice for you if you're still a learner. You can read + ask questions for clarification, that's what us mods are here for. :D Also kudos to the fact that you're a Stephen King fan! Shawshank Redemption is my favorite book from him. <3

Anyways, good to see you. PC is quite diverse and you'll totally see Pokefans from all over the world. You will so enjoy it here. Have a fab time here ok! :)

Sheep
August 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Hello and welcome to PC, Kenshin. ^_^ There's lots of older members on the forum, so you'll fit in perfectly here! I'm mostly a fan of smaller consoles like the DS, though most of my gaming is done on my PC. Unfortunately all I have besides my DS Lite is a PS2 and Xbox, but they've been gathering dust for years now. D:

Your English is pretty good. :3 And as Meganium said, this is an English-speaking community, so you'll be learning a lot by staying here!

And you're relatively new to Pokemon? That's awesome, the more the merrier =D What was your first Pokemon game? I'd recommend trying out all the generations (we currently have five generations) to get a feel of how the game used to be, though that's entirely up to you.

Go ahead and browse around this awesome place and have fun! :D Don't forget to read the rules, and feel free to send a message to a moderator (bold blue name) if you'd like help with the forum~

kenshin-
August 14th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks to you

I'm not really good, especially in expressions. I know my vocabulary and my verbs. It's a real pleasure to stay with you and perfect my english.

I tried to listen some radio station or watch television but it's so hard because sometimes they have their own expressions, the people talk too fast, the people have an special language or voice

My name is a wink about Rurouni Kenshin. The first manga I read when I was in Bachelor study.

What else, yes, Stephen King it's a journey when I read a book. I preferd The Green Mile, it's a wonderfull novel. Also the new edition of The Stand 1990's version because I read the 70's version and I think it's too... I think it's not a complete book. I was hunger after I read it. Cycle of the Werewolf, Insomnia, Christine, The TommyKnockers.

I discovered Stephen King universe with a movie. (It) When I was young this movie scared me as Nightmare on Elm street. But I though : there is a real story under the movie. I made some research in a library. I found a big book with a great name Stephen King I took it and Just the word ça (It in English) gave me the need to read it.

One book who change my life

On the other hand, I know there is a movie with name Shawshank Redemption. But I am surprised to read there is a book.

That's Enough with my life. I'm sure some people are sleepy

I'm really new in pokemon's land. I discoverd pokemon 2 months ago.

I was in training and a boy (I say boy because he has 19 years old) talked to me about a pokemon. I can represent my head at this time O_o" eh pokemon is it just like the tamagoshi ?. After this conversation, I browsed the internet wiki...

I started with pokemon Withe and Black in july.It's the Fifht generation of pokemon if I've really understood. But I was not really convinced.

After some search about another game, I found on a marketplace website the pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver (game with a little "pokeball" which allow you to go out with a pokemon in your pocket. He earn some experience when you walk) . I bought them and I started to play 2 weeks ago. I farmed to level up my team and I forget to continue the story.

I saw on a website that the best games are Blue / Red and Green. But, they were on a gameboy I sold my gameboy 15 years ago.

And 3 days ago, I read a topic about Raptor Ex. I try it now.

Before when I though about the word pokemon, it was in this terms : it's a game for children. But since I started to play, I understood this is a very good game. I like the RPG system.

Hikamaru
August 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I am a belgian user, I'm 28 years old.

I like videogames, computer, to read, to sing (joke)....

Videogames ps3, (before I had a xbox360 but I sold it because I dont really play since I bought the ps3), Wii (for my sister), some DSLite, DSi, 3DS and pc.

My prefered videogames are CoD (ps3), Battlefield (pc), pokémon (ds of course), minecraft (a little), skyrim (pc)...

My prefered books are... The Knights of Emerald, All the Stephen King best-sellers and also, the One Piece manga.

I discoverd this forum with a search on internet about... pokemon.

Pokemon world is really new for me. It was not my generation. And I'm coming in this big world by some research.

I think that's all for the moment.

So, see you soon.

Please forgive me for my bad English, but I've had only 2 hours a week of English when I was at high school. And 4 hours a week in higher school. So, I don't have the opportunity to speak with another people in English every day.

Hi Kenshin. Hello!

I am the Crazy Oshawott Girl with a quirky attitude, but you can call me Hikari.

I'm 19, Australian and a fan of memes and of course Pokemon.

And don't worry about your English, it's great.

So, 28 years old? That's a great sign you're never too old for Pokemon (I'm going to be 20 in October and I still play Pokemon) and you're a Stephen King fan? Very interesting.

I started playing Pokemon with 3rd Generation but 5th is my fave cos of Oshawott.

Oh, and I actually hate COD cos of my brother (it's just not a girl's game) so yeah.

Don't let my avatar/sig fool you, I am actually female although some users fail to notice.

I might recommend the Black and White section for you, it has loads of 5th Gen talk.

Feel free to VM me and I would love to talk to you, make some new friends along the way as well.

- Hikari10, Crazy Oshawott Girl

kenshin-
August 14th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hello, Crazy Oshawott girl ;)

Nice to meet you.

Now, I think that there's no age to play with pokemon. It's just a litlle harder with more than 500 pokemons (to remember every type)

When I started pokémon Black, I took the Grass pokemon (Snivy). Beacause I though that a snake pokemon is better than the others. For the White wersion, I took Tepig. But I don't appreciate some pokemon.

After that I would try with Oshawott, but some people said to me. Don't play with this version.... If you want a real pleasure, take another game. I follow their advices and I found the version HG and SS.

But I think one day I will take the time to play withe or black with Oshawott ;)

There's no boy's or girl's games. Videogames are for boys and girls who want to have a fun. I dislike the gamer who think they are the best player in the game with their "ratio" Kill-Death. I play to have fun and not for a number whithout signification. (because If you play one entire match and you make 2 kills and have 0 death you're ratio will be 2 But are you really better than the player who made 23 kill 13 Death ?) I don't think. Also, 4 years ago, I often played versus girls on Gears of War 2 and they were very good players. Girls are very good gamers in FPS games and some boys are scared about this.

I will follow your advice and visit the 5th generation section.

Don't worry about your avatar or your sign. Everybody is free to have the avatar he want. (What should I say with Scizor ?)