PDA

View Full Version : [über- May '05] Pokemon Battle Network

Kronos
January 23rd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Hello i would like to make a hack, but however my talents are limited to only mapping. If anyone would like to help, they may:

Map Design- Kronos
Programmer- Needed (must be able to add more maps to the game, and to make more trainers and events.)
Spriter- Aviex

Spriter2 [for backup just in case] (must be able to change the tilesets appearences, however i already have the sprite for the main male character, just that they must upload it.)
Text Editeer- *Kronos*
Title Screen Designer: Needed

The storyline would go something like this:
"Kyoto is in need of expert pokemon trainers, and you [being a wannaby pokemon trainer] must compete to make it to the elete four [who in this game are the scientists in EXE4 , Dr. Regal, Dr. Hikari and Wily.] Also there is a mysterious organization, NAXA, keeping track of your progres, can you stop the meteor from crashing down and killing everyone? You decide!

Yeah... Sorta EXEish, if nobody wants to help it doesnt matter.
here is the male hero's sprites:

http://img190.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img190&image=lan3vo.png

Note: yes that is lan hikari from Megaman Battle Network, and if it was possible, Mayl would be the other hero.

kybldmstr
January 23rd, 2005, 07:29 PM
this sounds cool and those sprites are awesome but i think this belongs in hacks showcase.i cant really help you on your hack cuz im caught up in mine so good luck.

KoBRe LaiR
January 24th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Well you can showcase your hack idea on 'Hack Showcase' and make a team to help you hack it in the General Emulation and Hack help area.
--Thread Moved--

Luis Kazuya
January 24th, 2005, 02:21 AM
If ya ever need help, dun hesitate to call me k?

smithy.boy
January 24th, 2005, 07:59 AM
megaman....sweeeeeeeeeet. It's gunna rock. You can make the starter pokemon as Megaman, Roll or something like that. And the evolutions could be like better improved ones.

Kronos
January 24th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Yes i guess i could do that, but i have one problem... Whenever i use RS Ball, the sprites become weird colors... I have them on a 8 bit palete. What could be wrong?

BigBoss
January 24th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Just switch the palletes till you get them right. I am looking forward, too this, can't help though, I don't have alot of time on my hands. If you download Elite Map, it has a tutorial for rubikon which will help alot.

Kronos
January 25th, 2005, 02:56 PM
No more text editors needed, i know have a text editor that works :2
Also here are some screenies [without the sprites, i dont know how to imput them]
Screen one: Yep, we own the world now! Not pokemon anymore....
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/421/rock10vc.png
We dont like to ride in moving trucks!
http://img197.exs.cx/img197/8117/rock28uv.png
Hmmm... NAXA, whats that? [check EXE4 faq boards if u really want to cheat lol]
http://img183.exs.cx/img183/7079/rock30zo.png
ACDC Town? I moved to there from there? How?!?!!?
http://img190.exs.cx/img190/39/rock55ij.png

I hope you liked them, i have the female battle sprite done, but it is messed up alot.

♥Naomi♥
January 25th, 2005, 05:23 PM
i can fix up the females sprite if ya want

Cool Cr@cker
January 26th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Good Pics there Dude. I like your hack name.

Kronos
January 26th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Well im not talking about the walk around sprite, im talking about the battle sprite [Mayl from Rockman EXE , my first pixled person]

What i pixled it to be. (http://img175.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img175&image=poke36ed.png)

[after reducing to 16colors and importing it, what it looked like] (http://img186.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img186&image=pokez5to.png)

Also when i change the pokemon in Poke_Pic [the small sprites that appear on the select pkmn screen] it always appears as nothing?

Could someone tell me what im doing wrong? [also more screens later ^_^]
*here are more screens*
Oh goodie... We killed the WWW. Yay!
http://img166.exs.cx/img166/7238/rock118zq.png
The Route leading to the First town, Kentec town
http://img161.exs.cx/img161/2239/rock107bv.png

Kronos
January 27th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Sry for Double Posting, just that i wanted add another screenie
ACDC Town - "The town that is not a band, but current."
http://img166.exs.cx/img166/9863/acdctown9st.png

As you can see, this town is near the Ocean, unlike Littleroot Town.
I wanted it to feel more open than Littleroot too.

Once again sry for double posting

Kronos
January 28th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Uh oh triple posting now [is anyone even READing this thread?]
More screenies

EVA-01
January 29th, 2005, 03:41 AM
'Were' should be 'We're' XD

O
January 29th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Just an idea, Megaman could be like an Eevee type, edit the stones and Megaman can change into different souls or a style change. (style change would work better)

Kronos
January 29th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Actually
I was thinking of there bieng several megamans that start off as normal and evolve into normal/ [type n] then finally into [type n].
Any ways, Yes from my sig, Duo is in the asteroid [Replacing Rayquaza]
and he will have ............ very high stats.
anyways here is a screenie.

The Calm during the storm, hmmm.... *Hint Hint*

[Oh and about the [']s dont worry , i think ill make it battle network like by not adding them in. [lol]

keyblademaster1010
January 29th, 2005, 02:31 PM
how do you guys fuse those games together to hack and what program

Kronos
January 29th, 2005, 03:58 PM
We dont fuse them toegether, look at hacking for begginers threads.

PokemonChampion2K4
January 29th, 2005, 04:01 PM
nice job man keep this thing up!

Kronos
January 29th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Now time for [what happens when u really screw up]
otherwise known as

*glitched screenies*

Image 1:If you play as the female character, your mom will always walk into the water, leaving a wave in it... strange!

Image 2: Remind you of R/B/Y with the MissingNo? This time the potion lady is evil and will hide on the roof, why? (because she is evil like Dr. Regal in EXE 4 and 5 lol !)

Hope u like [ i cant fix the floating one lol]

PokemonChampion2K4
January 29th, 2005, 04:34 PM
ok now that is just wierd~_~but i like it

Kronos
January 30th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Added a poll
or 1v1 [ like in RBYRSGSC]

*edit* Oh and this week, my sig will change. Ill have an animation for another process in the game so be sure to check it out [S]Tues. [EST]

♥Naomi♥
January 30th, 2005, 08:57 AM
the weirdnessof glitches is neat so i think ill like this game :D

Kronos
January 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I am currently working on the nebula sprites! I will make them for both Ruby and Sapphire. It worked when i imported them so when i finish all of them i will post them [later today]

*edit actually now, here are the two nebula grunts if ur enemies were once known as team aqua:* (hope u like)
***Remeber do not steal any of my sprites and do not copy any of my sprites in anyway. Thank You.***

MegaMan666
January 30th, 2005, 10:55 AM
It sounds and looks good.Good luck.When will be beta version ?

Kronos
January 30th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Maybe in April there will be a demo........ but with no one helping that looks doubtfull still, but ill try to get one out.

Enix-Zae
January 30th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I can be a backup spriter, i have a few sprites around the place, and many people can vouch that i am a skilled spriter.

Kronos
January 30th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Actually u can be 1st spriter [ super latios i didnt think knew how to sprite, he hotlinked from planet megaman lol.]

Totodile2
January 30th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Good job man! Keep up the good work!! :D

jasonresno
January 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
keep up the good work man

Kronos
January 31st, 2005, 07:04 AM
Seeing the poll results so far, it will most likely be 2on2 , which is what i thought would win and is what ive been doing.

Kronos
January 31st, 2005, 09:41 AM
Sry for double posting but i thought a few more screens should be added sence this is the 2nd Page ! [yay]

Screnies: What happens when u enter a double battle and only have 1 PKMN? Lets find out

Your pokemon will copy its self for the battle, but if u look at the POKEMON list in battle it says u dont have any lol. hope u like

jaysgba
January 31st, 2005, 11:29 AM
can i ahve a pre-demo (stupid 25 letter thing)

Kronos
January 31st, 2005, 11:51 AM
NO! Im sry to shout but first of all read the rules in the forum and dont spam!
SPAM=bad

EVA-01
February 1st, 2005, 01:34 AM
wow dude, kinda nice idea with the clone thingy, kinda weird o.o;

Kronos
February 4th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Ok here are some more scens for you, this one contains the starter [if i get it to work right]

kybldmstr
February 4th, 2005, 09:15 PM
that looks cool but the megaman sprite needs to be a little bit bigger cuz hes smaller than poochy.then again you could have the viruses as the pokemon and they sometimes well most of the time are smaller than megaman.id love to play this.if you need any help or a beta tester*wink wink*ask me if ya want.

smithy.boy
February 5th, 2005, 05:06 AM
you could do it so you see the back of megman as if he was a trainer and wouldn't the double totedile give you double experience

Kronos
February 6th, 2005, 07:25 AM
There will be a demo out soon [i cant say when] but you will only be able to access up to your rivals battle. The starters wont be the same, just new EXE PKMN , such as laserman! See my sig for details and dates.

Kronos
February 6th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Sry for double posting! But the results r in. The battles will be mostly 2v2, and the PKMN in the demo will be... We will find out by a poll, that ill start later
Choices:
Laserman [ will be in for sure]
Megaman
Gutsman
roll[if i can get her to work...]

Kronos
February 9th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Sorry to double post but here are some more screens [including some from densan forest! ]

Pichu1
February 10th, 2005, 06:14 PM
nice game (can i be a beta tester?)

EVA-01
February 10th, 2005, 11:26 PM
This is coming along great! I really love the name

Kronos
February 11th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I will now be accepting applicants for [yay]
BETA TESTERS!

Here is what you need to post here to enter:

" I want to be a Beta Tester"

Expertice [Mapping, Spriting , or Progamming]
Experience [MUST BE VALID , please dont spoof]
BN Knowledge [ Or if youve read the walkthroughs on gamefaqs]
Weather or not you would like to put the *Beta Tester* image on your sig.

***BETA TESTER SIG
If you are a beta tester, and if you want this in your sig [not neccesary, but apriciated] you can add one of these to your sigs using image tags.
So far the ones i have are
Megaman/Rockman
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/6033/betatestpng5ey.png (http://www.imageshack.us)
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/6033/betatestpng5ey.png
Roll/Roll Chan
http://img195.exs.cx/img195/3420/betatestrpng0hc.png (http://www.imageshack.us)
http://img195.exs.cx/img195/3420/betatestrpng0hc.png

Also i have a " PKMN BN Fan " banner for peoples sigs if they want them
Currently only rockman/megaman
http://img236.exs.cx/img236/2814/bnfanpng0te.png (http://www.imageshack.us)
http://img236.exs.cx/img236/2814/bnfanpng0te.png

Thank you.

Kronos ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WWW Agent
(Of darkness)

Pichu1
February 11th, 2005, 03:34 PM
so do that mean i can be a beta tester? if not ill just ask again
I want to be a Beta Tester

Kronos
February 11th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Yes, just please post what i said above.

Pichu1
February 11th, 2005, 05:13 PM
i did try reading my post again

Kronos
February 12th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Once again please pay attention to all of this.

Here is what you need to post here to enter:

" I want to be a Beta Tester"
**AND THIS STUFF DONT FORGET , ID LIKE TO KNOW IF U HAVE ANY OTHER EXPERIENCE ect.***
Expertice [Mapping, Spriting , or Progamming]
Experience [MUST BE VALID , please dont spoof]
BN Knowledge [ Or if youve read the walkthroughs on gamefaqs]
Weather or not you would like to put the *Beta Tester* image on your sig.

this reply is basically a quote:
Quote: ME

Kronos
February 13th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Current Stats of Beta Testers (sign up now)

Pichu1 {1/4}
Expertice [Unknown]
Experience [Unknown, Unverified]
BN Knowledge [ Unknown]

2,3,4/4 Needed

Enix-Zae
February 13th, 2005, 12:41 PM
sorry i havn't been spriting, but ive been busy.

Aviex
Expertice [mapping spriting]
Experience [dunno what you mean, but if you mean hacks worked on, many. Chaos black, supreme evolution, blazing red, alexandrite, and the list goes on.]
BN Knowledge [ played all bn games about half way in rom form, owned mmbn1 on my gba and finished it]

Naas02
February 13th, 2005, 01:05 PM
so...what your doing is kinda merging megaman and pokemon right? Sounds interesting

Kronos
February 15th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Sorry for being away everyone, i was sorta sick for a while there:

Aviex is now excepted as a BETA TESTER!

And "Naas02" should actually read the post and notice that im not just merging megaman and pokemon, you didnt even get what im doing. first of all its Megaman Battle Network and Pokemon, 2nd of all im making a game and third of all your spaming so please dont bug my post anymore Naas02 or they will lock it due to your spamming.

Excpect More Screens Tommarow.

Kronos

Totodile2
February 17th, 2005, 11:56 AM
If its not to much trouble can i be a beta tester?
Thanx
Totodile2

Kronos
February 19th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Which Duo should i use? I planned for him to look like image one, but after compressing him to 64x64 he looks like image two... maybe i should just use his head? like they do in battlenetwork?

BigBoss
February 19th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Heh, this looks pretty cool, If you need help changing pokemon names and some other things that can be done with hex, I can help.

Kronos
February 20th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Here is a screen from the ASTEROID, how you get there is a secret...
Oh and im adding new Pokemon to this also. [Hoping for Hack of month]

Remeber DO NOT steal anyof my screenshots please, and do not steal the ideas that im putting in asteroid [itll be a very strange level and i want it to be unique]

Thank You

Kronos~~~WWW Admin

smithy.boy
February 20th, 2005, 08:53 AM
i like the asteroid. the mountains tilesets together look cool

Kronos
February 20th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Quote: "Across the River lies a world of Dreams and Adventures.... You havent seen anything yet" [more screens!]

**Update* 3 Legendary PKMN will be reveled soon- finishing sprites-

Mean while here is legendary 1:

...i think it was Freezeman or something like that from EXE2

Enjoy!

Kronos
February 21st, 2005, 12:21 PM
Here is the 2nd legendary.....its...
Forte [Bass]

Enjoy!

Kronos
February 24th, 2005, 11:22 AM
:Alert: Hack may be stopped soon maybe for good due to people adding bad things to my reputation and lack of interest. However i do have screens of new pokemon fighting if anyone even cares anymore

Pichu1
February 24th, 2005, 03:27 PM
cool pokemon or whatever you will call them in this game

smithy.boy
February 28th, 2005, 11:26 AM
can u get some of them not using that move, i cant see the first ledgend

Treecko Fan 12
February 28th, 2005, 02:12 PM
This is one of the best hacks ever. I like Megaman, I like Pokemon, I love Megaman and Pokemon put together. ME WANT BETA!

EVA-01
February 28th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah I also agree this is awesome, but no need to demand anything, he is the man, keep it up dude ;)

NightDash
March 1st, 2005, 10:38 AM
This hack looks very nice and interesting... Hmm, The name caught up my attention, But don't you think you should Insert new tiles and making everything Half Nature and Half Technology stuff?? That way it'd look a lot more interesting, I like it how it is but with new GFX like that would look better, It'll stick good with the name too ;)

EVA-01
March 1st, 2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, it has an awesome name, and some new tilesets would rock! Futuristic houses and such XD

NightDash
March 1st, 2005, 08:45 PM
Nah.... Houses can be like that <_< Futuristic houses and i scream.
Just half nature and half technology stuff.

Kronos
March 2nd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Okay i now know that people like this [except for the one who said in my rep that this hack sucks and that itll never get hack of the year]but anyways i cannot change the tilesets for these reasons:
1: I have the tools but dont know how to or how to change pallet or even find it.

2: I have asked for help on said above problem but no one even looked at my posts let alone respond to them.

Anyways here are some screens for you... [You should be able to tell what the pkmn were and what they r now.]

Oh and i heard there was a megaman/digimon / pkmn hack. Remeber do not steal any of my stuff please or the ideas for asteroid. [And do not write bad things in my rep for saying this because i once showed my hack on another forum along time ago ,during the GS era and loand behold, a week after i posted screens someone else took my ideas! [i think my hack was here first too :)]

Thanks for keeping this on the first page!

Kronos

blueguy
March 2nd, 2005, 06:59 PM
I'm rather glad that you're coming back to this, since it shows promise. Though I'm not sure about the addition of "Mega-Man-esque" Pokemon, I still like it. :) Good luck. By the way, you'll need to change the names of your newly added Poke's with textediting. ;) Bye for now.

Kronos
March 6th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Current News:
Beta IS being worked on, maybe done near april 19th.
Beta WILL NOT include asteroid.
Beta WILL include new pkmn [not hoenn ones except starters]
--Also i am working on another game too, after this one that takes place during this storyline.--

Kronos

Pokemaster Jonathan
March 6th, 2005, 06:45 AM
I like how the game is done so far it looks awsome to bad it wont include the asteroid

Kronos
March 6th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Actually i made a movie of the asteroid, could i post it here?

Blaziken DJ
March 6th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I can help with the map.Can i help with the map?

Kronos
March 6th, 2005, 02:59 PM
NO you cannot i am good at mapping.

Blaziken DJ
March 6th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Blastoise Master 8
March 6th, 2005, 03:04 PM
I can do beta testing, if you need any before April 19th.

Kronos
March 6th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Stop Spamming Blaziken, please or i will have to report you to the mods.

EVA-01
March 6th, 2005, 11:20 PM
Awesome hack dude, I really liek the plot! Just asking, but have you thought of new tilesets? New houses would look cool, to fit the theme, just a thought ;)

PS. Report him anyway XD

Kronos
March 7th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Quote : Me: "I would put in new tilesets except i do not know how to or how to change palletes"

I actually could easily make the graphics, its just importing and using them i cannot do.

aztecdragon
March 7th, 2005, 04:52 PM
kool hack dude keep up the good work but please i wana see more screens

Porygon
March 8th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Heheheh, finally! A merger between the MegaMan NT universe and Pokémon! W00t! Is there a patch already uploaded? If so, on which page? *is a bit lazy to look* lol

Kronos
March 9th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Help! When i tried to edit the sprite it worked but when i try to change the color it reverts back. Could anyone help? [im using Spread]

EVA-01
March 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Meh, I think you would get more feedback if you asked that in the questions board ;)

Porygon
March 11th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Erm… Kronos, could I use that Lan sprite of yours for my hack? He'd be great for comic relief, lol. If you don't want me to, I won't, but I've got something really funny I can use him for XD

Kronos
March 11th, 2005, 11:55 AM
No im sorry you cannot. No one has helped my hack that much so im afriad not.

Porygon
March 11th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Eh, it's no problem, lol.

Kronos
March 11th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Your not going to take it or just alter it alittle r u? remeber no stealing of anything!

Porygon
March 11th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Lol, don't worry! Ya said I can't use it, so I won't. Besides, what I wanted to do with it would've required a good bit of scripting, anyway XD

Kronos
March 12th, 2005, 01:03 PM
NEWs: Working on the site.
Does anyone know any good free web site hosters [besides freewebs] ?

Pazuzu
March 12th, 2005, 01:05 PM
www.funpic.org (http://www.funpic.org)
www.lycos.com (http://www.lycos.com)
www.google.com (http://www.google.com/) (your best friend)

Kronos
March 12th, 2005, 01:54 PM
well.....im looking at funpic but i enter the confirmation code exactly and it says error...

*Nvm* *Edit*

Kronos
March 13th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Okay this is getting lame,[wont send confirmation email] maybe ill go with freewebs.

EVA-01
March 14th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Double post = Bad
Freewebs = Bad

Porygon
March 14th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Hmmmm.... Yar pretty much only using it for uploading a tiny IPS patch and some screenies+info, right? That's not alot of data, you can peetty much use anything. Personally, I use Netfirms for my site... well, I used to, until I found I had no use for it ^^

Anyway, if ya haven't tried it yet, www.netfirms.com (http://www.netfirms.com)

Kronos
March 15th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Beta is *almost ready* so be prepared for...
Laserman
Duo
Forte

As the beta starters [just to show them off]
Beta goes up to a little past DENSAN FOREST. [sorry about caps]

now i just need a site to put it on. [A tutorial for title screen editing would help too.. cough.]

Kronos~ anatais [dont know what it means, heard it on a song on AoM]

EVA-01
March 15th, 2005, 04:00 PM
I will definately play the beta, this game is very unique XD

Kronos
March 15th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Uh oh guess what... are we allowed to post zips on the forums containing patches, if so the beta WILL be up this weekend.

blueguy
March 15th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Cool! I can't wait to play it! I'm sure it'll be really fun! :)

Kronos
March 16th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Here is just a list of errors to expect [I cant solve these by the weekend, but they will get fixed sooner or later]

Hero Sprite
Female Battle Sprite
Some text goes 1 over the limit
Several Signs Text needs t be changes [may get done but i dont know for certain]
Beldum causes to freeze [dont look at it in pokedex]

Kronos
March 18th, 2005, 11:59 AM
There is a big problem with the beta!

I cannot make a IPS patch for it :( :( :(

What should i do?!?!!?!!!?!?!!?!

Porygon
March 18th, 2005, 12:02 PM
What does it say? If it says something about going over the 16MB mark, ignore it. Never caused problems for me.

Umbreon's Shadow
March 18th, 2005, 12:05 PM
First dont double post.But anyway try Lunar ips that comes with the elitemap package and click create ips patch,select an unmodified rom of the version your hacking and then the modified rom and it will automaticly compile a patch in the same directory as the program.And good luck with the hack,it seems to go along pretty nice.

Kronos
March 18th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I did that but it came up the 16 MB thingy and everything didnot work.

Porygon
March 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
It usually displayes that error after its done… did ya look for the patch afterwards? It may be picky about you adding the extention, like ScriptEd. What exactly does it do after it says 16MB whatever?

Kronos
March 19th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Here it is ...the moment most have waited for.... The Beta!!

Remeber there are errors in it so be careful..... And the point at which you cant get past may look glitched , but i did that to be a semi spoiler.

DO NOT TRY TO GET INTO ASTEROID
[all youll see is a grassy field, and u wont escape lol :dead: ] :bandit:

:P

Goals:
Highly recomended award
Get to 10 pages

Post your thoughts, ideas, guides for this, and error reports

Kronos

Kronos
March 19th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Sry for double posting youll need this info: PKMN Ruby the hack is for.

blueguy
March 19th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I just finished playing and I'm not too thoroughly impressed. There are a LOT of mistakes, like for example the names of the poke's. Regirock? Rayquaza? Those need to be changed. Also, the one with Explosion as its only attack needs to be changed. There isn't any way to gain experience. The base stats also need to be changed to that of a normal starter and not a level 5 legendary. Your trainer pic doesn't match your overworld, and every time the overworld moves its headband disappears.

I'm sorry to give such a scathing critique, but I meant it in the best possible way. I'm just trying to help you make a great thing. It's a pretty good game, it just needs a few tweaks here and there.

Kronos
March 19th, 2005, 12:25 PM
First of all this is my first hack and i rushed it for the beta, second of all those were meant to be legendaries, they wont be the starters! :(

blueguy
March 19th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I'm sorry. I know this is your first hack, but you should give yourself time. It wasn't THAT bad, I was just giving you things to be improved upon. Okay. I didn't know those weren't going to be the starters, but they WERE available for choosing at the beginning of the game. Sorry for insulting you. I meant it to be some constructive criticism.

EVA-01
March 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Yep, what blueguy said, and also, alot of misplaced tiles, other than that it's pretty good ;)

axlefoley
March 19th, 2005, 07:33 PM
what is this a hack of is it ruby or sapphire

Demestic
March 19th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Awesome work right there!
Hey, do you think you can mind telling us where we can find that "Text editor that works"? If you can't post it, then you can pm me it. If you do I might be able to sprite some characters for you since I am pretty skilled at spriting.
I will post up some work if you wish to see.

Kira
March 20th, 2005, 02:18 AM
This sound really neat! I like the main dude sprite, keep it up XD

MegaMan666
March 20th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I thought it will be better . It's fine but in it are lot of bugs.I can't wait for next beta.

Kronos
March 21st, 2005, 12:24 PM
The next one released will not be this one.

This game has two parts, one RS/oneRG

Ash_Pokemaster
March 25th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Very nice! However there are some errors and bugs! I'm sure you will correct them in the next beta! Keep working!

Hiroshi Sotomura
March 27th, 2005, 05:01 PM
The beta may be subpar, but this is hella what I'm looking for. I'm to issue a "Looks Promising" for this hack now. Enjoy~!

Chrono Cr@cker
March 28th, 2005, 12:42 AM
An Okay beta Kronos, but this hack certainly has the potential to go miles with some proper mapping, text editing and scripting. All the best and if you do need help in anything, feel free to ask me.

~ CC

Kronos
March 28th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks everyone! [thanks everyone who ever viewed this post]
I will be posting new screens and such later [when my connection stablizes again]
I tried posting a movie in a zip of asteroid, but i got a cannot find server error [too big i guess]
I have fixed all of the map errors in the past beta now, and have started to edit pkmn names. [there is a little bug when you look on the nickname/realname screen, but other than that it works].
I have a new tileset however i do not know any offsets :(
And i have now added a few more PKMN into the game [ie Alpha and Pharoahman]
But for the names i might be eating my own words
QUOTE[some bn post a while ago] "I hate how they abriviate names such as Megaman DS as MGAMAN_DS" well thats his name in my game lol. Thank you poketronic! Thanks for this supurb birthday present everyone!
[my birthday is april 19th]

Thanks!

EXECUTE!

Kronos ~ Part of the WWW

smithy.boy
March 28th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Looks promising....welldone. congrats, i hope your able to finiish this. we may want it finished but dont, DONT DONT DONT rush it.
take your time and everything will be ok

Kronos
March 28th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Here are some screens of....

ASTEROID!

Warning: the following screens are spoilers! Also some tiles are purposely misplaced!

Remeber do not take anything from asteroid! Or, ill do something [ idont know yet :rambo: ]

blueguy
March 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Well, I'm glad that you received this. Perhaps with some more support you can put out an even better beta. ;) I actually suggested that this get the 'Looks Promising' you know. ;) I hope that with this oppurtunity you can get 1337 and maybe uber someday. Darn! You stole my sticky! *misses stickiness* :)

The screens... hmm... well, I don't really get them... but yeah. They're good... I guess. :)

-Bye

Kronos
March 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks lets just say, if and when i release asteroid, it will be confusing, but all floors of it have a certain "layout" to them. [When you play it ,it will make more sense.]

Kronos
April 1st, 2005, 03:23 PM
Sorry for double posting , but i think ill spice things up by posting some screens which the places will be included in the next beta.

One screen is in a city [which now can only be accesed by densan cave.

Two screens are of the outskirts of west densan city, it may look like a city, but its actually a route.

Enjoy

[crap the attachment thing is not working :nervous: sorry everyone, but it wont let me! :( :dead:

EDIT* nevermind, it just didnt tell me that it worked sry.

blueguy
April 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
Here's what I definitely think needs to be done: EDIT THE TEXT! DO IT! Without editing the text it looks rather unprofessional. That wasn't a Sableye I saw facing a "Groudon", and yet the text states it is. It is a simple thing to edit text. So before creating new areas for the second beta, I wholeheartedly reccomend getting the little things taken care of, because they add up.

Your screens are nice, but don't doublepost. Nono! It was only a few days that the thread was unnoticed, mainly because no new information was posted. If it had been something like a week then doubleposting would be straddling the line of fine, but that was a bit too soon.

Remember! Get that text edited! :)

-Blueguy

Porygon
April 5th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Mwar, I like the detail on the sprites, especially the "Groudon."
I agree with Blueguy, ya really should do some text editing. Little, mwar, "errors" can really kill the experience.

Dream Illusionist
April 28th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I agree, but I hope you keep up!I can't wait for a new Beta and Screens (but this time, don't rush, okay?)

;)

Kronos
April 30th, 2005, 10:02 AM
sry for not posting but i getting ready to convert to emerald. So expect a better emerald beta [ i have changed all of the pkmns names.]

Kronos
May 3rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
Sry for double posting but ive taking some interesting screens from the new one[yes pkmn bttle network Theta is retired, but im moving it all to emerald] The new game is called

Pokemon Battle Network Code Emerald

The screens of are the updated story line
[Thank you megaman nt warrior axess, even though the dub really sucks...]

The last is where the female player's house used to be.
Try to guess where i put it.

QFred
May 3rd, 2005, 12:56 PM
I think it's very cool!!!!

I also think you should change the names of the "Pokémon" and of the Attacks, like:
Low Kick > IPS Kick
Mega Kick > Patch Kick
Hi Jump Kick > Recoil Kick
Flamethrower > Fire Shoot
Poison Sting > Corruption Needle
Iron Tail > Titanium Appendice Hurl

By the way, I can't play the game, how do I use IPS???

Kronos
May 3rd, 2005, 12:58 PM
Changing the names of the attacks would be pointless, considering that the old ones are in the game. To use ips patch you must activate it and apply it. [hard to explain]

Porygon
May 4th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Mwar, I just looked through the thread, and I probably missed it but… which version of the game is this a hack for?

wolfire
May 4th, 2005, 11:37 AM
man i love the game also im doing a hack from gold then back to ur hack its goin to be very cool the story and all be sure to make me know when u finish it i will love to play it.

Kronos
May 4th, 2005, 12:22 PM
The new one will be for emerald [PKMN Battle Network Code EMERALD]

Dream Illusionist
May 5th, 2005, 01:51 PM
i hope you continue with your great work! Best of luck to you!;)

Kronos
May 5th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Thank you, due to a major glitch i had to redo the maps so no new screens until tommarow. However... Guess at who could be the new leader of the evil people...
Youll be suprised.

Dream Illusionist
May 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
I think I know... but, it's just a supposition.:P
Sorry about the glitch and good luck redoing all the maps!;)

Kronos
May 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Here are some more screens and maybe your guess is right...

One screen has info, the others show errors that i have fixed

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 7th, 2005, 06:23 PM
For the consistence of your hack, I upgrade the "Looks Promising" to a "Moderator's Choice". Although by now, I guess I should start calling it "Hack of the month". ^_^

* Jade *
May 7th, 2005, 07:10 PM
You are getting better, keep it up!

Kronos
May 8th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Thank you everyone!

And i have a surprise for you all!

A BETA!!!!

It is of Code Emerald, and goes up to the 2nd town [mostly so you can see improvements and the storyline]

You need PKMN Emerald for this.

Oh and there are errors in some menu[s] because my rom is glitched. I cant even get past the first rival with out a crash and the footprint guy makes it crash if you walk past him..

So i might just give a save when i get it all done, after the guy.

Enjoy!

Kronos

Thank you thank you thank you very much!!!

blueguy
May 8th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I'm not exactly sure that what you have provided in the past merits an Uber award, but it's not my choice... I'll try out this beta and see if it's any better than your last one.

Kronos
May 8th, 2005, 01:18 PM
It is the new version, for emerald. And i think it WILL merit an award once its done.
And that is just a storyline beta.

AcCiDeNT
May 8th, 2005, 08:06 PM
sounds great, keep up the good work...

Kronos
May 9th, 2005, 11:50 AM
If anyone wants to help out it will be appreciated!

Right now im looking for a Title Screen [one that i could just upload into the game since im not good with palets] However u must know how to upload it and tell me [im not that good]

I would like to have POKEMON look like the MEGAMAN in the megaman battle network title.
And under it Battle Network and then "Code EMERALD" in blocky letters.

The winner will become a trainer in my hack, not a gym leader, because trainers i think are better to have variety than gym leaders[and if your name is too long for the text, i might cut it off/ abreviate it.

EDIT: HELP! My map has errored! i think it was because i changed it because when i just exactly put it in like in the beta it worked, but when i changed some stuff it wouldnt connect to LITTLEROOT TOWN.Some one please help.... Image shows what the connection turned into

EDIT2: All is well now, after i redid all of the maps again! ..... this time im making a backup every map i get done.... :dead:

Kronos
May 15th, 2005, 03:22 PM
It would be nice if someone posted -- maybe about the beta or to enter the contest.... But anyways sry for double posting but i have more screens [Please tell me how the beta was....]

Kronos
May 18th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Ok sry for Triple Posting But No One Has Posted In A While! This is A UBER remember AND I WILL quit and not do it anymore if no one cares....

Dream Illusionist
May 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM
It's not like that that you are going to get attention.. They're waiting for updates, and when threads are stickied sometimes people tend to forget about them.
Anyways, I like the hack a lot! Can't wait for more news.

Kronos
May 18th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Actually ive been waiting for a update from all of you about how well the beta was... [any errors?]

Dream Illusionist
May 18th, 2005, 02:11 PM
O would talk about it, if I had an Emerald Rom (which I don't) but abouth the screens and info, I think it's really cool!;)

AcCiDeNT
May 19th, 2005, 02:17 AM
yeah it's great, but you could do the text editing, and the little things like blueguy said, if you need any help editing the text just PM me... and i may be able to help you..

Kronos
May 22nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Whoot i was finally able to make a good pkmn animation! [The screens show it, but the trainer is blanked out because im using a save file, which i got off of gamefacts that has a disrespect full name known as #$%^&.]

Does any one have all of the Palets for Unlz-GBA for the R/S pkmn... i dont want to be going through 1450 again....

thnks.

Kronos
May 25th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Please do not spam, spamming is not going to be taken lightly be me or my new assistant.

Kronos
June 5th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Hello all
[no posts, then sry for triple posting]

As you all may or may not know...

There will be another game besides Code Emerald

I give to you:

PKMN Battle Network Code Fire Red!

You start off in Kanto, on the Sevii islands, hiding from the Nebula Syndacate who now controll the land. The starters and a few screens are below.

BETA COMING SOON....
For Code Fire Red

SITE IN THE WORKS

so please post , it would be nice.

And guess who is the evil legendary in this one... A****! [you should know who it is....]

Mechanic
June 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM
well well kronos i think is good so can i just put some sprites for u to use to change combusken and blaziken i think ull love it

and it have the exact colors :D and one other thing remember me? -=dark-zero=- your friend did you block me on msn? because you never enter :( :dead: i was thinking you were dead until i enter here and see this thread

http://img291.echo.cx/my.php?image=combusken6fi.png
http://img291.echo.cx/my.php?image=combuskenback3mo.png
http://img291.echo.cx/my.php?image=blaziken4bp.png
http://img291.echo.cx/my.php?image=blazikenback0pu.png

fire man is for blaziken and the other little ball for combusken :D

Kronos
June 6th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Nice sprites but unfortunately for you... well lets just say i already have the pkmn sprites worked out. [and im not using overworld sprites for in battles.]

Kronos
June 9th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Sry for double posting but im going to be studying for finals for a week. So could people try to keep this open?

Thanks

Kronos

Kronos
June 18th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Hi sorry for bieng away. I had like 5 final exams to study for , however i am almost prepared for a 2nd beta.

NOTICE: Due to events...'not liking me and stuff' the following towns will not have text changes in them.

ODALE TOWN
LITTLEROOT TOWN
THE ROUTE INBETWEEN THOSE TWO

thats why u couldnt go past the fossil guy in the first beta... it would freeze.

but i have some good news.

I have made two more new routes while i was gone.

One of them has a danger lurking in it and you cannot run away .. [because i disabled running on this route hahahaha...] :P

I shall now give u 2 screenshots.... which route do u think it is.
and what is this new danger... youll see [maybe in the next beta *cough*]

and it would be nice if people actually posted once in a while....
so i have something to actually hurry me up. *cough* why does no one post*cough*

Enjoy the screens
*cough* i hope i didnt take them and post them for nothing*cough*

And to hisana , is the site done ?

Eig
June 18th, 2005, 12:38 PM
I will wait for Code FR! : ) Alpha the evil legendary : D And, you turn Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw and Feraligatr into what?

Kronos
June 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Um i havent turned them into anything. i like the old pokemon so i only turned the r/s ones

Eig
June 19th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Ah-ha Kronos... But in PKMNBN R/S i see only Regis, Beldum and Absol changed... And what's with Code Emerald?

Kronos
June 19th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Thats because RS was only a demo... code emerald is RS with improved emerald graphics. a new storyline and more legendaries. [Duo as the main legendary]

Kronos
July 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Im back.. After a long vacation and doing other projects. Do people still like my hack?

kaihachi_mishima
July 9th, 2005, 03:01 PM
looks cool do you have any demos currently out?

Jeremy???
July 10th, 2005, 07:10 AM
yes, what kaihachi_mishima (http://pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=13779) said.
~Kalkris

Kronos
July 22nd, 2005, 06:54 AM
Im back... i was working on Rustoburo city for a while [trying to change the tiles and it finally worked....] Also ive been experimenting with trying to change the text so the game doesnt freeze and i have ACDC's text changed... Does any one know what happened to Planet-Megaman?
[www.planet-megaman.com ] i keep on getting an error when i try to go to thier site... and sprites inc isnt working either....

Kronos

Screens later possibly...

Mechanic
July 22nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
Im back... i was working on Rustoburo city for a while [trying to change the tiles and it finally worked....] Also ive been experimenting with trying to change the text so the game doesnt freeze and i have ACDC's text changed... Does any one know what happened to Planet-Megaman?
[www.planet-megaman.com ] i keep on getting an error when i try to go to thier site... and sprites inc isnt working either....

Kronos

Screens later possibly...

sprite network its remodelating its off by now but it will be on soon thats what my cousin thats one of the staff seez

Jeremy???
July 31st, 2005, 04:24 AM
you can always go to the Spriters Resource, but they arent the MOST reliable...
(not a forum)
http://www.spritersresource.com

hope it helps, even slightly.
~Kalkris

Kronos
August 12th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Thanks for all of your support.. i am currently working on code emerald... but im having problems with rubikon....

Harpoon_lips
January 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM
Looks like it'll be a good game.... I can't wait to play it!

Scales
January 31st, 2007, 08:35 PM
Looks like it'll be a good game.... I can't wait to play it!

Harpoon you just revived a thread that has been dead for over two years. Im thinking its not going to come out