PDA

View Full Version : Has cheating ruined your experiance

ChaoX
December 6th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Ever since i used AR on my Ruby version i cant stop. It has ruined my whole pokemon gaming experiance because i cant stop using it to keep leveling up my pokemon. From this day forward i will not use my AR anymore!

Frostweaver
December 6th, 2003, 11:48 AM
personally cheating is a must for me... how else am i suppose to get the international pokedex and all the others? Plus to get a right personality for the legendaries (the eon siblings only... Kyogre/Groudon/Regitrio/Rayquaza just stand there so you can use reset trick... but they on the other hand...) is such a great pain that I just use a personality cheat to ensure that they are of a certain personality.

Plus there are just a few things that roms can't do while the real ones can... you just have to rely on cheats for these stuff.

punkie90
December 6th, 2003, 11:51 AM
What is a ar? A code device?

invinible
December 6th, 2003, 07:09 PM
No, since I only use cheats when I become so frustrased that I am about to give up or to make the game harder.

Amras_Calaelen
December 7th, 2003, 06:23 AM
AR is Action Replay

It's a cheat device indeed.

punkie90
December 7th, 2003, 06:43 AM
That ois what yas1 told me! He said you used the cheats for it and is them on your gameshark on vba! Well. I don't think I will do that. I like playing on my vba nice and regular , no codes!

Flaming Torchic
December 7th, 2003, 07:07 AM
I have used an Action Replay to level up my pokemon and get Jirachi and Deoxys, but I am not addicted and I don't use it anymore. My Ruby Team now can never be as strong as it could cause of Action Replay, so I have started a new game on Sapphire, so far I haven't used the AR once, and if i ever use it it will be to get Jirachi and Deoxys.

Amras_Calaelen
December 7th, 2003, 07:13 AM
I am using it to complete the national pokdex. I created codes of all base pokemon (male and female) in eggs.

Minor point: Have to turn gb on, select the codes, go to the pc in the game, move egg, save game, turn gb off and then over again

But when I am finished: MUWHAHAA

latios tamer
December 7th, 2003, 07:29 AM
whats gonna happen wene you're finished

:nervous:

Dragon Man
December 7th, 2003, 10:01 AM
On my Ruby game for GBASP I don't have a GameShark or Action Replay so I can't cheat but I still have caught 188 Pokemon but in my Sapphire Rom for Visual Boy Advance I did use a Rare Candy cheat so all my Pokemon were at level 75 and everyone else had Pokemon at level 35. But it was still fun because it was Pokemon. But I think it is more fun when you don't use cheats.

Purin
December 7th, 2003, 10:14 AM
IMO Cheating is good only if you have no other options left available to get what you want. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. Either it spoils the surprise or it opens the path to the next part of the storyline of the game.

HAJIME
December 7th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Cheating on my blue version was fun for while.... But not only did it ruin my experiance.. it ruined the cartrage and destroyed my saved game.

I vowed then, that i would never again cheat in any way or form in the pokemon universe. Besides.. a real master doesnt cheat, but i learned that the hard way.

punkie90
December 7th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Well. cheating is only fun when you are desprite! Like you need 3 rare candies to get your pokemon to a good level so hat they can win!

Deranged
December 7th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I got addicted to using an AR back in the days of Yellow. Unfortunately, one day it killed my game.

Probably about 400+ hours, gone in the blink of an eye.

My unstoppable Legendaries - gone.

Thing is, I only only used the thing to get items, as I was playing Stadium at the time, and I thought it was unfair that all the trainers in that seemed to have access unlimited TM's.

I still do mind you - I am tempted to use an AR again for extra Items again.

But fortunately I don't have one - yet :|

Amras_Calaelen
December 12th, 2003, 01:35 AM
whats gonna happen wene you're finished

:nervous:

Hmm, it seems that I have found a new option in that calculator..you can set box locations...can the game handle 184X2=386X2 (a friend wants them as well, he has ruby)=772 codes at the same time...there goes my cartridge lol :D

invinible
December 13th, 2003, 05:43 PM
You can copy them over. When the code is disabled/removed, the code Pokemon is erased but all copied over pokemon remain.

shep
December 13th, 2003, 05:50 PM
I play through the game regularly at first (unless i want a certain team, because i dont like most of the RS pokemon) Then after I play through and beat everything I use cheats....

Larry Koopa
December 13th, 2003, 08:02 PM
I only use my codebreaker on my ruby version( My Sapphire version is to full of valuable pokemon to risk it!) Then again, i only use it to get items, then i transer them to my Sapphire. That way, I can get my items, and my sapphire game wont get corrupted.

Malc
December 14th, 2003, 04:14 PM
has anyone ever herd of a Xplorer cheat cart i live in uk and i only ever see them i cant find any AR or gameshark ones anywhere are the Xplorer's just as good?

E. Master
December 15th, 2003, 11:01 AM
I can't stop cheating, I used my AR to get Jirachi and Deoxys.

Josh
December 15th, 2003, 11:11 AM
I don't have an AR at all, but I may plan on getting one if I deside to get it after Christmas and if I have the money for it.

If I do get one I'll catch all of the PoKeMoN as Shinies with Beneficial Natures and train them to be the best PoKeMoN of all time.

Manta
December 19th, 2003, 10:42 AM
I Killed My Crystal...

I Had An EON TICKET On Crystal O.o

mmmm...

It said use at goldenrod,....

latios tamer
December 19th, 2003, 12:52 PM
i cheat but i don't pour my life into it like i only use it if i have to

ex. latias on ruby, feebas, other things like that

Mikoudi
December 20th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Thats why you try to beat the game before cheating. I beat the game without cheating and got a full pokedex and restarted the game. And with AR I have these ultimate pokemon:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Arcanine
Groudon (sp?)
Kyogre

Isn't that ultimate :P

Mikoudi
December 20th, 2003, 07:56 AM
And yea, Im kinda of a Bird Freak :cross-eye

Arore
December 21st, 2003, 11:24 AM
Agh! Double-posting! Big no-no! :\ And yes, I beat the game with the lesser beings of Pokemon, too. Legendaries are actually not favorites of mine.

Porcupine
January 22nd, 2004, 04:07 AM
Yea double posting is a big no no. I like to use AR but sudden ly cheating has made my game experience not so fun. I need to stop that.

bna_li
January 26th, 2004, 03:07 AM
You can get this thing to backup your memory before you cheat. That way if it crashes, you can always get the memory back.

teemu
January 27th, 2004, 01:51 AM
tell me how get national pokedex in ruby i have all 202 pokemon and some old pokemon too