PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Starter

NixChill
August 23rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
whos your favorite starter and why?

for me,even thought i have a charmander avatar,its cyndaquil. it has very nice design and best evolution line! plus its the starter for johto, my favorite region!

Hikamaru
August 24th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Oshawott for obvious reasons, it's cuteness, awesomeness and versatility all in one package!

Not to mention I love its personality in the anime!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m95y0npwXK1r33a1p.png

No wonder I picked it as my starter in Black and I plan to do so again in B2/W2.

Snowdrop
August 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Chikorita <3 <3 <3 <3 Every one of her evolutions is great, I'll pick this one every time.

The Shiny Umbreon in the Corner
August 24th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Ughhh Hard question but it would be a tie between:
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/5/5c/387Turtwig.png/100px-387Turtwig.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:387Turtwig.png) (http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/mudkip#)thishttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/6/60/258Mudkip.png/150px-258Mudkip.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:258Mudkip.png)andhttp://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/3/39/007Squirtle.png/165px-007Squirtle.png (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:007Squirtle.png) and a little bit of tepig! : ) (http://pldh.net/dex/sprites/mudkip#)

o Pikachu o
August 24th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Always gonna be Cyndaquil and Charmander because G/S and R/B were my first ever Pokèmon games

Oryx
August 24th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Figured I would be the only one to choose Tepig. ;___; Guys come on he's adorable!!

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Snivy. I like all of the snake-like Pokemon, and Serperior is just awesome. :)

Powalen
August 30th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Squirtle holds that special place because it was my first poke. But I would much rather have torchic on my team.

PlatinumDude
August 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Even though I like most, if not all of the Fire and Water starters, I like Mudkip the most because it's my first starter Pokemon ever.

Kenshin5
August 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I like Torchic over all of them, since Blaziken is one of my most favorite pokemon. I found Blaziken fairly easy to use and liked Blaziken since its appearance in Silver Conference. So I like it for the line more so specifically the basic stage. Coolest one though is Squirtle which is my second fav.

Mentalii
September 1st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Totodile. It has a scary side, but it's so cute at the same time. And I'll never forget my Totodile from Silver version.

Damsel
September 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM
This is hard for me.
I voted Squirtle, because ultimately it probably is my favorite.
Cyndaquil and Chikorita are close seconds though. Chikorita was my favorite starter when I was little and owned crystal version (technically the first game I owned) and Cyndaquil because I love how it and it's evolutions look.

Haddez
September 1st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hard choice between Bulbasaur and Chikorita.
Went for Bulbasaur in the end, who doesn't like Sleep powder+Leech seed ;)

motb777
September 1st, 2012, 02:17 PM
Totodile evolution line. Enough said.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM
For me it's Mudkip and it's evolutionary line. Granted Totodile and Squirtle follow closely I love Mudkip so much because its final evolved form utterly destroyed everything it came into contact with for me making my battles oh so much easier, the carnage was breathtaking to say the very least lol.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
September 23rd, 2012, 11:44 AM
Treecko by far - first grass type I really liked and I had so much fun in Emerald with Sceptile using Leaf Blade :D

Sodom
September 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Figured I would be the only one to choose Tepig. ;___; Guys come on he's adorable!!

He's also useless! I always choose the Fire-starter on my first playthrough of a new game and B/W was the first time I ever regretted that decision. Emboar is as useless as a condom machine in the Vatican.

My vote went with Charmander, of course. It was a tie between all three first-gen starters plus Cyndaquil and Chikorita, but in the end I went with Charmander for no other reason than he's Charmander and whatcha gonna do about it. He evolves into Charizard. Nuff said.

Also, he was my first ever starter and I think we all hold a special place in our hearts for those :P.

The Grubby Pup
October 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM
...Chikorita...I bet that's what you'll prolly expect, and you'll be friggen correct. It moveset is kinda...effy up into it learns Magical Leaf, but I'm bias and this is my favorite starter...Mudkip is my second favorite starter then Cyndaquil comes in third. And finally Snivy.

awolfsquared
October 2nd, 2012, 12:10 AM
Treecko. He's also my favorite Pokemon cause of how BA looking he is.

TheLeetCasualGamer
October 2nd, 2012, 03:44 AM
Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeko Treeeeeekooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Oh right, I have to say other stuff
>It introduced leaf blade
>It's design and evolutions are so awesome
>Grovyle is so bad*** in PMD2
>Possibly is the best choice in a Pokemon R/S/E run
>Geckos are awesome

Rothometapratis
October 11th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Bulbasaur by faaaaaaar. My favorite of all also. I like its appearance, colors, vine whip, razor leaves, leech seed and Ash's one is nice.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 12th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Mudkip, because it's ABSOLUTELY adorable!

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Totodile and Cyndaquil no contest. Both cute starters and badass evolutions. After them its Charmander and Squirtle. Never could decide between the water/fire types.

Brendino
October 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I'm honestly not a big fan of the starter Pokemon, but I would have to say that Treecko is my favorite. My original one from Sapphire that I started 9 years ago is still with me as a Sceptile on my HeartGold.

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
i liek mudkipz do u liek mudkipz

i liek charmanderz and chikoritaz too

>_>

Cutting out the meme, my favorite has always been Mudkip - even before the meme, but Charmander, Chikorita, and Torchic are all awesome too. I like all Gen IV starters about equally, and Bulbasaur and Cyndaquil are solid choices also. Gen V... they're all meh to me, to be honest...

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Gen 5 starters make me cry. The Gen 3 are all pretty good but my favorite(preevolution) is Treecko. If you count the final evolutions my favorite gen 3 is Torchic. Gen 4 are all pretty much equal. But, omg Gen 5 :' (

Hannah
October 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Piplup, defs. Really cute, but I hate it when it evolves. It has powerful attacks, and it made me win on my battle with Cynthia. Also great for contests.

October 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Treecko. So much swag. I've picked the other two starters from that generation like once each and Treecko the other 10 times haha.

Rainflower
October 12th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I would honestly say all Fire-type are my favorites, but I don't really like Torchic for some reason...

Aside of Fire-type, I like Oshawott and Snivy. Gen 5's starters are all kickass.

Yuzuru Otonashi
October 13th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Cyndaqil. Absolutely adorable and great for in-game play.

casualsden
October 13th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Charmander because I like Charizard. Charizard could be dragon type imo. He looks like it :D I like Ash's Charizard. I like Charmeleon too. IIRC, Charmander was my first ever pokemon in Pokemon Red.

My sig? It's a coincidence which I am happy about :)

Sora
October 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Totodile. Shoot me for being a nostalgic freak but Totodile was my first ever Pokemon and I've loved it ever since.

93Aiwass
October 17th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

It was a hard toss up between Torchick and Chikorita but I choose Torchick. ^_^

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

RoreyG
October 20th, 2012, 11:09 PM
If it isn't obvious already, Charmander.

Why?

It all started with my Charmander in Pokemon Red. Oddly enough, its experiences in the game mirror my own experiences in real life. Just as how Charmander was greatly disadvantaged in the beginning stages of the Gen 1 games, I was a disadvantaged child. Sickly and bedridden, my only source of escape being my Gameboy and Pokemon Red. Helping Charmander grow from strength to strength in the game inspired me to want to grow from strength to strength to regain my health. Just like my Charmander, I set my mind and body to becoming better and stronger and I eventually got better. Just as my disadvantaged Charmander eventually evolved into a mighty Charizard, I was able to pull myself up and become a stronger person.

Agastya
October 21st, 2012, 12:45 AM
GSC Cyndaquil was so bro-tastic. Typhlosion has a neat cry and access to special Thunderpunch is too good in-game.

Zanekin
October 21st, 2012, 12:49 AM
I almost always choose a fire type starter but Totodile is simply the best starter pokémon ever. His evolutions are awesome and i love his personality in the anime. Charmander would be a close second for me with cyndaquil in third.

BattleLion
October 21st, 2012, 01:01 AM
Charmander It is good starter. Power, and Strength. It is the best

Correspondence
October 22nd, 2012, 03:49 AM
Torchic its evolutions are great and it learns pretty good moves.

Tyrantrum
October 22nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
I went with Charmander for no other reason than he's Charmander and whatcha gonna do about it. He evolves into Charizard. Nuff said.
^ This, this, this, this, and this. I just absolutely love Charmander to death. He's an adorable little lizard that eventually evolves into a ferocious dragon! I mean, duh! For the other regions, I like Cyndaquil, Treecko, Turtwig, and Oshawott. c:

Wateria
October 22nd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Squirtle because of that Squirtle squad ep where Squirtle made mishave for fun and I think Squirtle cute.

Sector
October 22nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
To be honest, the best & cutest starter Pokemon are all from the first generation. Bulbasaur, Charmander & Squirtle x) As the series progresses through each Generation, the cuteness starts to decrease, in my opinion. I mean they are all cute, just not "OMG SO CUTE" worthy x)

But Bulbasaur gets my vote

AncientWarrior
October 27th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Cyndaquil. It's cute, powerful, has a good movepool, and is the Johto starter, my favorite region too.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

JosephBowie
October 28th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Bulbasaur.

As a kid, my stuffed Bulbasaur was my best friend. So when I got around to playing Red for the first time, I went with Bulbasaur. I've finished Pkmn Red 26 times in my life, and I picked Bulbasaur every time.

Mononoke Hime
November 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Charizard is pure epicness. And don't even talk to me about Rock vs. FireFlying because I'm not gonna read!