View Full Version : Stranded on an island with nowhere to go.

August 25th, 2012, 1:24 PM
Here's the deal. So you're on an island, and there's absolutely no way to escape. There's no risk of predators, you're safe from that. And there is also a stream of fresh water on this island from a mountain it's a big islandthat supplies you with all the water you need. You're going to stay there until you die.

While you have water, you also have a lot of time. You also have absolutely no food, with one exception which I will now explain:

You have the option of having one object for entertainment purposes Keep in mind, there is no electricity! WHICH MEANS YOU CANNOT CHARGE STUFF LIKE IPODS OR PHONES, and you also have the capability of obtaining an infinite supply of one food.

What item would you bring, and what food would you get. Remember, you're living with these things permanently! Pick wisely, and explain your rational.

August 25th, 2012, 5:09 PM
If there's no electricity, does that include not being able to charge an iPod etc? An iPod full of music would be my ideal choice but if we're not including that then I'd bring my acoustic guitar with me for sure :3 As for food... ahh that's difficult! I think I'd have to have an endless supply of lasagne, it's soooo yummy <3 Or tuna pasta or tuna jacket potato or tuna sandwiches or anything tuna x]

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
August 25th, 2012, 7:46 PM
Hmmm... for food I would bring onion pizza, I think. It's not my most favorite of foods, but it's one I don't think I'd get tired of. Or perhaps mac and cheese. As for entertainment... I'd bring an ipod filled with music, games and some books in the library app thing (long ones about philosophy so I'd stay entertained) Hopefully there are some outlets on the island...

Harley Quinn
August 25th, 2012, 7:51 PM
I'd rather kill myself than spend the rest of my life slaving away my existence alone on a deserted island with my minimal survival skills and the apparent lack of modern technology on the island.

Twilight Sky
August 25th, 2012, 8:06 PM
While I would love to be like Chris and end my life on an early note because spending my entire life on a deserted island would suck ass, my fear of death is too prominent so I'll just take my laptop with me and whittle away my life on the internet as long as my laptop's battery will last, pretty much.

Oh, and an infinite supply of pizza would help diminish the pain too. Though it'll still suck. xD

August 25th, 2012, 8:23 PM
die potato die

I'm not living on an island forever.

Bring an infinite supply of Muscle Milk and a workout set to keep me entertained and I'll probably get buff and swim to the mainland

and if that doesn't work at least I'll drown and not have to go back to that stupid island.

August 25th, 2012, 8:25 PM
Wait, am I alone? Being alone on an island without any sort of entertainment other than the thought of survival sounds horrible.

I'm just gonna go with bringing freaking cheeseburgers to eat. And I'll bring my damn iPhone, because I can construct a lightning rod out of a kite or something and connect it with my cellular device, so it'll be super-charged whenever there's a tropical storm. Or I could build a windmill out of palm fronds that will also bring about electricity into the mix, because **** it I'm having electricity if I die there.

Shining Raichu
August 26th, 2012, 6:40 AM
I'd bring my box-set of Harry Potter books for entertainment, and satay chicken for my food. That'd be a pretty good set-up... just eating and drinking and reading until I die. The same seven books might get tiresome after a while, but at least if it's Harry Potter that won't be for many years to come :P

August 26th, 2012, 7:25 AM
I'd bring a person with me for entertainment. If not that, then I don't know what else. Probably carving tools.. cause pen and paper run out.. but if I have carving tools I can make things for entertainment and never run out of wood :3

And for food, hoping that I would have things to create a fire (steelwool+magnet, lighter, etc) and a pot or a knife.. I would definitely bring rice. Especially if I could hunt animals or fish on the island, or even grow veggies, a good fish with rice dish and lemongrass or something would be very nice. I could mix it up each time. Even plain rice is good and not too strong so I wouldn't get sick of it.

Noah Ridgewood
August 26th, 2012, 2:21 PM
lol most of these replies don't even answer the questions...

Anyway, for entertainment, I can't decide between a small chest of books that would keep me entertained or a few journals with a ton of pages and some pens. For food, tacos. Hands down. That'll give me most of my nutrition requirements all in one meal.

Poke Fox
August 26th, 2012, 8:02 PM
This took me a few hours to come up with my ideas.... I probably wouldn't last long without my diabetic medication.

For entertainment i would bring my collection of National Geographic magazines.

Being an island I'm going to assume trees everywhere so there is a way of making fire, so for food I would love live fish (my choice salmon) in the river. I would have to find a sharp rock so I could debone it and a large flat one to cook the fish on. I would only miss seasonings like lemon or garlic. If not fish then I'd be happy with shrimp, oysters, muscles or squid.

If its going to be a cooked meal that I can have then it would be seafood-stuffed squid.

I love seafood!!

Mr Cat Dog
September 8th, 2012, 3:17 AM
For food, I instantly thought of takeaway pizza... but then realised that I nearly lived on that for a week a while back and it just ruined my gorgeous figure and complexion and made me all lethargic, so that idea went in the bin straight away! I'd probably have to go for steak and chips. While it's only marginally healthier, if I'm gonna die soon, at least it'll be filled to the brim with steaky goodness!

For entertainment, given that electricity is a no-no, that means I'm gonna have to - SHOCK HORROR! - read stuff. And the best book for all eternity is The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moers. It's massive, for a start, but it's also ridiculously funny, and it has amusing pictures so you're not just reading gaping blocks of text forever! (The author is a German comic book writer along the lines of Charles Schulz et al.) It's not my favourite book of all time, but it's big enough so that I could definitely read it multiple times and get something new out of it.