PDA

View Full Version : Mister, my cat is better than your dog

Dakota
August 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM
And here's my hat tip to Mr Cat Dog... how you doin'?

Do you own any pets? How about in the past? What were they and how many were there? Aren't kittens absolutely adorable?

I'm bloody terrified of dogs. Even puppies...

Happy posting!

Kura
August 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
My dog and cat are back in Canada. The cat is 17 and the dog is about 8 years old.
I used to have a lizard (leopard gecko) a betta fish, and a couple turtles :3

Squirrel
August 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I have an adorable albino dwarf rabbit named Kenny and he's 6 years old :3 Unfortunately he's been very sick recently so it's been difficult caring for him, but I love the poor thing to pieces <3 In the past I've had two gerbils and two hamsters, all of which I thought were the cutest things in the world, but unfortunately they all passed away :(

Avishka
August 26th, 2012, 04:52 AM
my grandma has a dog, his name is Tarzan . i don't know how he ended with that name :P :P
never had a cat so i don't know about them but they are soooo cute

Talli
August 26th, 2012, 05:53 AM
my daughter's grandmother has a ginger cat called Simba after the lion king one I guess

Sodom
August 26th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I have two cats - one is a terrible piece of work patchy white/grey/ginger British short hair named Misty (not Pokemon related, we didn't even name her) and a beautiful black ragdoll named Princess (we also did not name her, don't judge lol). I love them both, but Princess is definitely easier to get along with - she wouldn't scratch or bite you if her life depended on it, whereas Misty will kill you if you look at her sideways.

I've always found this in cats - whenever there are two in a household there is one nice one and one mean one lol.

Previously to them, we had two other cats, a mother-daughter duo named Cindy and Blackie. They were both beautiful black cats and they both died of kidney failure within five weeks of each other - Cindy (the daughter) on December 29, 2005 and Blackie (the mother) on February 3, 2006 :(. They were both fairly old - Cindy was 13 and Blackie 15... but it's still incredibly sad. They'd both just been there since I was born... I never ever though that they'd die.

Twilight Sky
August 26th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I don't have any pets currently---oh gosh no---but I did own pets in the past! I've owned several dogs at different points in my life, as well as several cats. @_@; I've only ever owned one dog at a time, but before I moved more north in my state, I had about 3-5 cats to look after, seeing as they were kind of...homeless cats? So yeah. u_u I suppose you can count those as mine too, kinda-ish.

lmao pets are so annoying to me nowadays. ;O; /terrible person

Patchisou Yutohru
August 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I don't currently own any pets, but I've had my fair share of pets in the past including fish, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds, rabbits, and cats. When I live on my own, I'll get a dog. Mainly because I feel I'd be better protected if I had one, and it would keep me company.

Lara
August 26th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I have two cats. They live with my parents at home so I don't get to see them that often. ):

Starsprite
August 26th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Okay, so the situation with my animals is a bit confusing, but I have three animals currently living with me. Namely, my two cats, George and Gracie, a generic tabby barn cat and a ridiculously fat calico respectively (both female. we had a bit of a problem discerning George's gender), and my dog, Sara, who I would describe if I knew anything about dog breeds. There are other animals that I would claim as my own too, but the situation with them is somewhat confusing.

Tyrantrum
August 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I had two female cats named Puss and Peanuts (did not name them lol) and a female Chihuahua named Zoe. I loved my cats and miss them very much (we had to give our animals to a shelter because we moved and couldn't take them with us ;-;), but I don't miss Zoe. I considered her my moms dog because she liked her the most; she was so annoying. ;(

I just found out, though, that we're getting a kitten in a couple of weeks, so yay! c:

Playful_Weasel
August 26th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Quite a few in my family. 3 cats. One is a all black (youngest sister named Susanna) another white one with a few black spots along its back and its tail all black (I call her Neko), and finally we have a black cat with a few white spots on its side (it has no name so far)

My mom in her room has a ferret, my mom calls her Pigüina

Finally my grandma has a mixed chihuahua dog (don't know what the other breed is - my grandma calls her Morusa.)

Sheep
August 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I've got one gray tabby cat. He's mostly an outdoor cat but I wouldn't be able to handle a second pet. Plus he likes being the king of the mountain, so I've no plans to get any other pets. XD;

He's very nice and will not scratch or bite. Most of the time he'd just lay around the house when he's inside, though he cannot be by himself and always has to stay near someone else. He's very scared of guests though haha and will usually hide until they leave.

Denny Hamlin
August 26th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I have a dog and two cats. The two cats are both outside cats so they leave for a couple of days and then come back. They're mother and daughter and their names are Serafina and Miki. :)

My dog is a Cocker Spaniel and her name is Abby. She is supremely hyper and she loves to jump around and bounce on walls and stuff. xD

Altix
August 27th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I have a cocker spanial named moose :D. A beta fish. A little brother. And my leopard gecko Peeta :D

PlatinumDude
August 27th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Back at home, I have 2 dogs (1 Maltese, 1 Shih Tzu). Technically, they're my sisters'.

Astinus
August 27th, 2012, 10:24 PM
The current pet situation is: two dogs, three cats, and a hamster. In the past, there were (in the time I've been alive): two dogs, two cats, four hamsters, a guinea pig, a rabbit, seven fish, and a snail. All of which are now passed on.

First dog, Chloe, is my mother's dog, an American Eskimo mix who's five-years-old. She's mostly mixed with some sort of husky, because her coat is water-proof, her ears are big, and when she's getting hooked up to go on a walk, she makes the exact same noises as a sled dog team.

Ella's my dog, a Parson Jack Russell Terrier who's seven. She's exceptionally fuzzy and is the friendliest dog I have ever seen. Strangers (including small children) all go up and visit her, and she's ready with a wagging tail. She was also the runt of the litter, so she's kind of meek and full of health issues (bad skin, only seven teeth left, joint issues, allergies). But she's pretty much constant animal companion A, and she's made my life so much better.

Oldest cat is Luna, who's fourteen. She's a kind of fluffy, chubby, black cat who sleeps all day. I never see her because she sleeps in my mother's bedroom and only leaves to eat.

Then there are the kittens, even though they're both over one-year-old. They came home at the same time, but they're not related. One is Nova, a huge tabby with the tiniest meow. She's very skitterish and doesn't like to be held, but she purrs as soon as you pet her. And then there's Pretzel "The Weasel" McGee, my Siamese cat. She's loud, follows me all over the house, is obnoxious (she beats up the dogs!), and loves anyone who gives her attention because she demands it. She's pretty much the second best cat I've ever owned, and is my constant animal companion B.

Last there's my hamster, Yeul (named after the character from FFXIII-2 for some odd reason). She's amazing.

I can't imagine myself never having pets.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
August 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
I've never had pets due to my allergies. In fact, my parents had to give away their cat and dog once they ran tests and doctors confirmed that I was indeed allergic to nearly every animal. I'd want a cat if I could, but honestly, even a fluffy kitty wouldn't be worth the asthma and hives.

Frazzevous
August 31st, 2012, 07:21 AM
I have two dogs: one is three years old while the other will be turning into the same age this September. They have such contradicting personalities -- the older one is courageous and will chase practically anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, that moves outside our gate (heck, she'll even dash towards direction of the fireworks and whatnot). The younger, on the other hand, is a scaredy-cat: she gets frightened by pretty much everything, but she does bark whenever a stranger/dog/cat is nearby. Oh, and she follows me on walks even though she doesn't have a leash on. :3 Her sister just runs way. -.-

I also had a kitten... for just about an hour or two. I had to return it to the guard because my mom didn't want it. </3

Kevin
August 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
I have a shih tzu that is almost 2 years old. And I used to have fish, but my family sold our whole tank because my dad didn't want to be there to see his 14 year clown fish die, lol.

Graceful
August 31st, 2012, 10:07 AM
I've got two dogs, a Jack Russell Shih Tzu cross called Holly (4 years old) and a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Willaby (3 years old). I also have a hamster who is on the verge of death and everyone's shocked that it's still alive XD
My family's had too many pets >w< Honestly. We've had 3 cats, Flick, Simber (who died most recently and who was like...21/22 years old) and Prudence. We've had too many hamsters, 3 gerbils, 2 goldfish, a house rabbit called Tre, an outside rabbit called Cloud and maybe some more XD

Sammi
August 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM
I can't have any pets in my apartment.

In the past, I had a betta fish named William (not named after my roommate though!). That was the only pet that was actually mine. Also considered the family cats as mine; when I was last living at home we had two, and they've since gotten a third. I miss them. ;___;

PikachuAddict
August 31st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Well, I used to have four goldfish. And my roommates have a Chihuahua named Little Bit.

Mariah Carey
August 31st, 2012, 07:09 PM
I HAVE A CAT AND A DOG AND THEIR NAMES ARE NANA AND HONEY AND WE ARE VERY GOOD AT NAMING PETS MY PREVIOUS CAT WAS CALLED GIRL THEN SHE DIED IT WAS VERY SAD THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONDOLENCES AND MY PREVIOUS DOG WAS CALLED MARTY AND HE DIED TOO HE HAD A STROKE AND I'M HONEST WHEN I SAY THIS I CRIED FOR NEARLY TWO DAYS STRAIGHT

I LOVE MY PETS VERY MUCH MY CAT HATES ME BUT SOMETIMES THE HATE IS MUTUAL BECAUSE HE (WE THOUGHT HE WAS A SHE AT FIRST BUT HE TUCKED HIS HE PART AWAY AND WE THOUGHT IT WAS A SHE PART BUT ONE DAY HIS HE PART FLOPPED OUT OF NOWEHERE AND IT WASN'T A SHE PART AND NOW HE IS A VALUED MEMBER OF THE MALE HOUSEHOLD) IS A RIGHTEOUS LITTLE ARSE SOMETIMES BUT SOMETIMES HE'S COOL IDK
MY DOG IS A FAT LAZY THING BUT SHE'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL TO PLAY WITH SHE JUMPS AROUND EVERYWHERE WHEN SHE WANTS TO AND YEAH SHE'S AWESOME SHE'S A GOLDEN RETRIEVER/LABRADOR AND SHE IS SOOOOOO NICE SHE BARKS ALL THE TIME BUT SHE WOULD NEVER HURT A FLY

BUT THERE ARE SOME OTHER PETS WHO HAVE NOT SURVIVED THE TRIALS OF HARLEQUIN'S HOUSEHOLD
I DEDICATE THIS SECTION OF THE POST TO LUIGI: THE BIRD WHO FLEW AWAY AND WAS EATEN BY A HAWK A COUPLE OF MINUTES AWAY
AND SKYE: THE BIRD WHO FROZE TO DEATH
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

I LOVE ANIMALS

Mr. Magius
August 31st, 2012, 08:23 PM
I have a yellow and green budgie named Sherbet. He's adorable, and about 3 years old :-)
I've had two other budgies, my first named Spearow and the second Shreeky, as well as a rabbit named Peter.

When I'm older and have my own place I'm gonna have a crapload of animals. Mostly dogs, budgies, cockatiels, a parrot, a bunny, etc. That is all.

이큐리
August 31st, 2012, 08:27 PM
I've had a lot of pets through the years. Dogs, cats, fish, hamsters, birds, sugar gliders...
Many of them passed away or we had to find them new homes because we moved a lot.
The pet I remember the most was my black and white cat named Spot. I was 8 and didn't really care that that was what you named dogs. He followed every where I went. He was hit by a car and was fatally wounded. I sat with him while took his last breath.

Sorry for the sad story. I love all my pets. I can try and name them all for you.

Dogs
Lucy, Myla, Mylo, Minnie, Mickey, Boo Boo

Cats
Pepsi, Cola, Coca, Spot, Ginger, Peanut, Nelson, Wiggles, Panther

Hamsters
Miss Tiny, Bubbles, Tinkles

Fish (I don't name all my fish.)
Kai, Yue, Mr. Oscar

Sugar Glider
Ren

I feel bad for not being able to remember every single one.

Hybrid Trainer
September 1st, 2012, 03:41 AM
I've had a few pets over the years. The first one I got was a cat when I was about 6 called Adam. He was jet black and didn't give a **** about anyone. When I moved house a few years later we left him with the old woman across the street because she used to feed him and he'd generally spend more time over there than with us. Whilst we had Adam we also got a few hamsters over the years, I don't remember their names but I know the first one died in his sleep and the other two got out of their cage and the cat ate them.
After that we got a rabbit, Peter. We got him off a friend of mine when he was 1 year old in 2003 and he passed away late last year. He was a tough old rabbit.
Then about 6/7 years ago we got a Dog called Patch from a dogs home near where I used to live. He's a Dalmation/Jack Russel cross and he's the derpiest thing you've ever seen <3 he has crooked ears and has a skin condition which makes him shed his fur constantly so he has bald patches where his skin rubs but he's still adorable even if we're constantly cleaning up his fur.

Novykh
September 1st, 2012, 05:23 AM
Where to even start on this one....

Currently I own two dogs and four cats. The two dogs are both little Chihuahua's and are SUPER annoying little things. They bark, and they bark, and they bark.... It just gets to be a bit much. The thing about their bark, too, is that unlike a real dog it is so high-pitched and god-awful. It's worse than nails on a chalkboard to me!! It might just be evoking some bad memories of these miserable little creatures, but nonetheless: Chihuahuas are lame! As for my cats, two of them(the oldest two) are both gray and white. They are named Marty and Bud. Marty is our oldest cat and he used to mob around punking on Bud and the other kitty-kats in my neighborhood. Recently, however, he battled a dog and has a nasty battle scar to bear witness to such a tragic event. It is slowly healing and the fur is even starting to grow back now! Bud is the second cat I own and I got him my friend when she moved as she couldn't take him and just kind of left him here.... He used to be a pretty cool cat but now he's all like senile(which is weird because he's only like 1 and a half) and acts hella strange. He dislikes cats because my older cat beat him up all the time and will only eat out of his food bowl as a last resort; he much prefers to eat his food out of a pile on the ground or chair. My other two cats we got around the same time, within a month or two iirc. The first one was an all black cat that my grandma's neighbor had to give away. I THINK my family named him Snickers, but I don't ever refer to him as that... I just call him the "Black Kitty" or the "(Little) Negro Kitty" as a joke amoung mates. He doesn't do a whole lot, haha. He just lays their mostly, tending to pick the most inconvenient spots like right in the walk way i front of the gate to my backyard will someone will step on him when they are coming through, not paying ANY attention and especially in the night. The last cat we have is an orange one that I used to call "Orange Kitty" as it never really got a name. Recently, however, I have taken to calling her Jowalla, as that is her true, given-by-mother name(more inside jokery, ofc).

Other than what I own right now I have owned 5 other dogs and countless other cats. My dogs were: 1.) Karma, a black German Shepard that is as dumb as a doornail and loves to chase shadows. We don't have enough property for him and so we gave him to my Uncle to care for. 2.) Lucy, a black Lab. I don't really remember this dog all that much to be honest. We didn't have her very long and she quickly was transferred to a better match for a home. 3.) Bammer was the first dog that I ever remember owning. I don't even know what breed he is, just that he was a small ,miserable little thing. My mom thought he was Guinea Pig when she first saw him. 4&5.) When I lived in Sacramento I(well my mom, really) owned two Boxers and these are the dogs that I have the faintest memory of one. I don't even really remember their names but I think that the females name was Maggie and the male was Ty. But don't quote me on that last one! Other pets we've owned have included turtles, chickens, snakes, lizards, and at one point even a wolf!