View Full Version : Ugh! I Dine Only On Fine Caviar! -^-

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
August 27th, 2012, 1:31 PM
To be read with a snooty British accent, for added affect. :D

So, what foods will you absolutely NOT eat under any circumstances. Furthermore, is there anything that makes you instantly lose your appetite (like hair in your food, or bell peppers or something)

Go for it!

August 27th, 2012, 1:47 PM
A Mexican accent would create a better effect, imo!

Wow, this is sorta hard to answer. My cravings differ a lot. It probably is some sort of vegetable, but I can't say what off the top of my head. D=

A hair in my food will definitely kill my appetite.

August 27th, 2012, 2:18 PM
I won't eat broccoli in its solid form, but I will eat it when it's grinded down to a soup-thing. Don't ask me the specifics; all I know is that I occasionally eat broccoli soup and it's not half-bad. I can't think of anything else I won't eat at the moment, other than maybe being especially picky with salads.

And hairs, ants, spit, or anything that doesn't belong in food makes me lose my appetite.

August 27th, 2012, 2:25 PM
I try to avoid eating mushrooms when I go out to eat; the only exceptions are truffles.

Mr. X
August 27th, 2012, 3:09 PM
Bugs. Flies, mosquito's especially.
I've tossed out numberous pots of tea, and large glasses of drink, because a bug landed in it.
As for finding hair in my food, if its my hair I just pull it out and eat the food. Afterall, it's my hair so I know where it's been.

As for foods that I'd never eat, anything with peppers (Other then bell peppers), any 'meat' from secondary parts (Brains, tounge, stomach, yatta yatta.)

Noah Ridgewood
August 27th, 2012, 3:27 PM
Mushrooms, olives, beans (green beans excluded), and liver. I'm sure there are plenty of other foods I won't eat, but I haven't had them yet so I can't comment.

August 27th, 2012, 3:37 PM
Eggplant, raw carrots (mushy carrots is only slightly better), raw bell peppers, raw pretty much everything except for lettuce and celery, mashed potatos w/o gravy, this weird soup thing made from mold and celery (I think?), things with mush added in.

Pretty much that. I'm not a very picky eater outside of my house, though.

August 27th, 2012, 3:55 PM
What will I not eat? Hmm... bugs and other creepy crawlies (like a scorpion). If something's on the endangered species list, I'll skip that too.

But for something I've tried and generally dislike that'd be... hmm... let's go with rocket. Or arugula, if you prefer that name. Those leaves taste like dirt.

August 27th, 2012, 4:08 PM
Ugh you beat me to it, Triffy! I was going to say scorpions..

and I don't think I would be a fan of live oyster..

For something I've tried before.. is Rapini (dandelion leaves)

August 27th, 2012, 4:12 PM
I'm not easily grossed out by foods but there's this Amazonian brew called ayahuasca I make every so often for medicinal purposes but it's so hard to down without purging immediately. Of course I make mine pretty acidic. Oh yeah, and avocados. When I was a vegan I ate them every day in a grilled tortilla because there weren't a lot of vegan food options where I lived, I got so sick of this meal to this day the idea of even guacamole makes me cringe. I can't get past it :(

August 27th, 2012, 4:58 PM
I love how hair in your food gets compared to bell peppers. xD

But nah, I'm not really a fussy eater at all. I think the only thing I wouldn't eat is ketchup because I find it incredibly gross. Everything about it makes me feel sick; the taste, smell, texture, it's just horrid D: But that's pretty much the only thing like that for me, so I just won't eat ketchup! :D

August 27th, 2012, 4:58 PM
If there's anything that I will never eat under any circumstances, it would be eggs, especially if they're hard-boiled. The only time that I won't argue is if they're used as an ingredient for a pastry or something similar.

Also, the one thing that'll make me lose my appetite for a meal is if the said meal is pale-looking in any way.

Algo Fonix
August 27th, 2012, 5:46 PM
Raw tomatoes, I swear to god. They make me cringe, they make me want to die. Dat texture, jesus christ why would you make something so vile.

August 27th, 2012, 6:51 PM
The sad thing about my diet is that it would be much quicker to list off the things that I do eat as opposed to what I don't. I am extremely picky and a vegetarian all in one. The strange thing is that I seem to love a lot of things that others hate like raw tomatoes and (not raw) mushrooms.

August 28th, 2012, 9:15 PM
I'm reallllyyyyy not a fan of green or red bell peppers -_- I think they're disgusting. I will however, eat orange and yellow peppers. I'm also not keen on: cauliflower, water chestnuts, tree nuts in general, AND GLUTEN EWWW.

August 29th, 2012, 2:14 AM
I would love to try all the food of the world I don't really hate any food. :)

But truly a hair in my food will put me off

August 29th, 2012, 3:13 AM
a hair in my food is just yuck :( :(

i hate non-veg food. i'm pure vegetarian so... I'll not eat non-veg in any circumstances

Twilight Sky
August 29th, 2012, 4:31 AM
This is going to sound incredibly silly but:

If it doesn't really look appetizing to me, chances are I won't eat it. ): Idk, I'm such a picky eater that I won't eat anything besides pizza, pasta, certain fruit, certain vegetables and I think tacos.

...At least I eat fruits and vegetables, though!

Liliana Vess
August 29th, 2012, 5:05 AM
In general I'm not a very picky eater. I'll try anything you put in front of me from chocolate covered ants to a chicken heart, both of which are a lot nicer than they sound btw, but there are a few things that knock me sick even at the sight of them. First of them being baked beans. I can't stand to be around them, the smell of them make me feel sick. Even when I used to work in a kitchen washing dishes I had to get someone else to clean plates that had baked beans on them because the smell of the sauce was making me want to throw up. I also can't stand mushrooms, but that's mostly the texture of them in my mouth.
My family also call me weird on this last one, but I can't stand having soggy food touch dry food. It makes the dry food turn soggy and it feels disgusting. So I can't have something like a fried egg near chips on the same plate because it changes the texture of one and it's disgusting.

August 29th, 2012, 5:37 AM
you know I'd be here all day lets see

Soya- as I am allergic to it
Pizza- I don't like cheese
Fish fingers/fish sticks

My diet basely is Mirco chips and chicken burgers

August 30th, 2012, 4:06 AM
I'm a really fussy eater cos there's so much food I just can't bear to eat or even look at.

Notable ones include:

Vegetables (especially onions)
Nuts (I am always aware of nut allergies)
Anything that's sloppy
Any tea that's not iced tea
Coffee (not iced coffee)

Also, I won't eat food if it has hair in it or is past its use-by date.

Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
August 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Nothing grosses me out quite like mayonnaise does. I'm not usually a picky eater... But I will not eat something if it has mayonnaise in it. The smell alone nauseates me, and the taste of it is even worse.

Oh, and meat that isn't well done. I can't fathom wanting your food all bloody. D:

Shiny Celebi
August 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I don't eat anything containing tomatoes in any form, I hate the smell of them and the color and just about everything about them. I also don't like eggplant i just don't and I also don't like food which contains a lot of seeds because of the texture. Those are the only things Im picky about though, I'll eat just about anything else.

August 30th, 2012, 7:00 PM
I can't eat zucchini or squash in any form whatsoever ><; They're both slimy and disgusting ;~; I also really dislike cooked vegetables. Vegetables I would usually like (such as broccoli, carrots, and, if ya wanna count 'em as veggies, tomatoes) I find taste wayyyyy too overcooked. Can't do stuff that's really spicy, either--cinnamon's about the only exception. Aaaaaand I dislike pretty much any meat that isn't chicken, turkey, or a few forms of beef. (Though I will admit non-veggie refried beans are all right.)

Specifics aside, I'm a fairly picky eater ^^; Even if something I don't like just barely touches the food I'll cut off that part.

Poke Fox
August 30th, 2012, 7:46 PM
For food: I just can't stand tomato. The vegetable itself, alone, or mixed like in salsa or pico de gallo, in big chunks, I always push them aside - only exception is ketchup, technically its not tomato itself. The other food item I can't eat because of taste is papaya, too sour taste.

Generally I'm not a picky eater, I'm always willing to try out new foods. Please, no tomato, or no papaya. Thank you very much.

Hair/Bugs: Hair on my food, disgusting I easily loose appetite. Same if flies or ants get on the food, the want for the meal is gone. Ants especially. I see many in my home, the disgusting tiny black ones, I squash one and a strange smell comes out of them. I remember I set a cookie down, some ants got onto it, I bit into one, disgusting, the smell/taste was horrible. I washed my mouth instantly

House Pets [cats/dogs] - I don't mind if the cat licks or eats from my plate, I will happily continue eating from the same plate too. Not so much for dogs, I just separate the bones, with a bit of meat on it too.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 4th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Besides foods I need to stay away from due to allergies, I won't eat most vegetables since they taste nasty. I've never liked hot dogs or bologna either. And I stay away from most breakfast foods except at hotel continental breakfasts. I've never been one for all the starch, but if it's in a Quality Inn or something I suppose I can be inclined to make an exception.

And my potatoes? Fry form or I won't touch them.

But the list of foods I don't eat due to allergies could span an entire novel.

Shining Raichu
September 7th, 2012, 2:39 AM
Number one is celery. I don't understand how anybody can eat it. It's bitter and crunch and it freaks me out even watching somebody else eat it.

Honourable mention also goes to capsicum (which other countries call 'bell peppers'), uncooked tomato and Jaffas (they're these disgusting chocolates... we have them in Australia, but I'm not sure about anywhere else - I actually burst into tears once in a movie theatre when I was very young because Mum gave me one and it was so gross)

September 7th, 2012, 4:55 AM
I will not eat peppers (of any kind), raw tomatoes, ranch dressing, cole slaw, spinich, mustard, raw onions, liver, sauerkraut. I have a strong stomach, so it would have to take a ton of hair (to the point where I'd have a hard time picking it out) or a swarm of bugs to make me lose my appetite.

September 7th, 2012, 1:32 PM
I'm really surprised that snails hasn't been mentioned here, so that's one of mine.

I won't eat anything green; when I had different green vegetables young, they all tasted the same, and it was awful. I won't eat mushrooms either because of the way it looks after it's been cooked. I don't really like vegetables in general; the only veg that I like (when it is cooked with a stew) is carrots and onions.

One thing I will never touch again is gammon, it just tasted really weird.

September 7th, 2012, 1:44 PM
Pork. Just because it's just so nasty and unhealthy.

September 10th, 2012, 5:31 AM
The souls of children.

I generally only eat fried eggs if they're on bread. Other than that, I hate oysters, liver and chicken skin.
Bugs and hair on food are guaranteed to make me lose my appetite.