PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU pronounce Arceus?

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny
September 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM
There are three different ways on how to pronunciate Arceus' name. Before Arceus' name was revealed, people had pronounced it as 'Ar-see-uss', in a trailer of Arceus and the Jewel of Life, people pronounced it as 'Ark-ee-us', and the last being 'Ar-say-us', as said on Pokemon.com.

I personally always pronounced it as 'Ark-ee-us'. It always sounded most 'divine' to me.

motb777
September 2nd, 2012, 01:31 AM
Ar-kee-us for me too.
I just don't feel like call it other way.

I'll have to go with Ar-kee-us.
I don't feel like calling it in other way.

LightningAlex
September 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
Before I first heard its name, I've always pronounced it "Ar-kay-uss". Now I pronounce it "Ar-see-uss" And I've heard it from Dr. House xD

PlatinumDude
September 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
I use the first pronunciation because it somehow reminds me of "Zeus." I've stuck to that pronunciation since Arceus was first introduced.

Mentalii
September 2nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
I've always pronounced it Ar-say-us. Sounds like the most logical pronounciation to me.

Osiris
September 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
The first thing that I saw when I read the name for the first time was "arc," as in part of a circle. So naturally, I've always pronounced Ar-kee-us. I do understand that Ar-see-us works to, although it sounds like someone saying "Arse-y us." I don't really get how Ar-say-us would be a correct pronunciation, though (it should be written Arcéus if said that way).

MiTjA
September 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
If it was Arkeus or whatever, the japanese name would have been A-RU-KE-U-SU instead of A-RU-SE-U-SU, but its not. So "Arsayus" /thread

Rainbow Arcanine
September 3rd, 2012, 02:43 AM
Ever since I first heard its name I've always said ARK-ee-us. Still do :P.

C Payne
September 3rd, 2012, 02:58 AM
I personally always pronounced it as "Ar-See-Us" until some friends told me they thought it was Ar-Kee-Us(right before it was officially pronounced). Still say it my old way every so often.

Golden Kirby
September 3rd, 2012, 02:59 AM
Ar-see-uss, always have. Always will

chella182
September 3rd, 2012, 04:21 AM
I always say ARK-ee-us, I really don't like the other pronunciations.

Satoshi Ookami
September 4th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Either Ar-ki-us or by its Japanese characters A-ru-se-u-su.

psyanic
September 4th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I've always pronounced it Ar-say-us. Sounds like the most logical pronounciation to me.
Exactly what I use. The s rolls off the tongue much better.

Noah Ridgewood
September 9th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Ar-CEE-uss. Seemed like the most fitting pronunciation.

Blue
September 12th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Right from the start I've always pronounced it as I saw fit, Ar-CEE-us.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 12th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I go with Ar-CEE-us because House pronounced it that way.

Snowdrop
September 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Arceus pronounced with a soft C reminds me of arse. I either pronounce it ARK-EE-US or ARE-SOOS because of the way Zeus is spelled like Arceus.

o Pikachu o
September 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ar-cee-uss.

It just sounds normal out of all the other pronunciation.

Esper
September 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I think if the "e" were meant to be pronounced "ee" is would be written with two e's. Like Butterfee, Weedle, Victreebel, Drowzee, Eevee, Feebas, etc. Compare that to names with one "e" like Golem, Kecleon, Ledyba, Gengar, Cleffa, Gardevoir, etc. In any case, the name looks like Greek and/or Latin so I'd go with "ar-SAY-us" or "ar-KAY-us."

Twilight Sky
September 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Ar-see-us.

Pronouncing it any other way would be weird to me. xD

Altomare
September 16th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Ar-say-us. That's how I pronounced it when i first heard about it, and it stuck I guess.

TwilightBlade
September 20th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I'll say it as Ar-cee-uss if I must but I like Are-zeus (are-soos). I really don't get the Ark/Arc pronunciation even after seeing the movie.

Ryliam
September 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
I usually pronounce it Ar-Cee-Uss

Avishka
September 22nd, 2012, 01:30 AM
Ar-CEE-uss
bcuz i cannot pronounce the other two nicely :P :P

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
September 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Ar-kay-us, lol :) I still pronounce it that way lol xD

Lorenzo The Comic
September 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
I remember this one magazine that featured Buizel on the front cover, and it showed that the English names for the last few Legendary Pokémon weren't confirmed yet. So I prounce Arceus' name "Are-See-Is".

Shining Raichu
September 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I've always seen it as "Ar-see-uss" in my head. It never occurred to me that there would be different ways to pronounce it until I saw this thread haha