PDA

View Full Version : what is the most amount of money you'd paid for a toy

Talli
September 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Was surfing on Amazon looking up Toys for my daughter's christmas/B'day present and my word the toys were so expensive. Thought I'd do this thread.

So what is the most amount of money you would paid for a toy ?
Me it would be about 20 pounds/dollars for a toy.

Esper
September 6th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Assuming that "toy" can include things like games (not necessarily video games) and other fun stuff you play with... hmm, probably at least $100 if it's something that's gonna get a lot of use and I know that I or whoever I'm buying it for is gonna like it.

But for something that I don't have any idea if it'll get used, or if it's a cheap toy, or anything not what I mentioned about then probably $10.

Honest
September 6th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Depends on who its for. If it's for a friend, around $25 or $30. I'd spend more for family, assuming I have the money.

voltianqueen
September 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I really try not to go over $20 for soft toys or figures, although $20 is kinda pushing it too.. Depends on the size and what it is, really. The most I've spent on a soft toy so far is $45 x_x I try to stay around $10 if I can.

Noah Ridgewood
September 6th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I haven't ever bought a toy. Ever.

Most money I spent in one go, though, was about $500.00 on either clothes or my phone + security deposit.

Meganium
September 6th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I don't go over $50 for a toy, because that would just be OUTRAGEOUS. Most I've spent is $90 but that was a Christmas gift for my niece.

awolfsquared
September 6th, 2012, 10:31 PM
At least $125 cause anything higher is ridiculously expensive for a toy. But I may paid more than that for a close friend or family.

Shining Raichu
September 8th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I think around $100 for a Power Rangers Zord when I was a kid. I had to save up my pocket money for like 8 months or something stupid and in the end I needed my birthday money to get me there still :P

Katamari
September 8th, 2012, 07:22 AM
It really depends on the toy... If it's something kind of "basic" I guess, like an action figure, no more than $10-15.

If it's something that will get used for a long time, then easily $100-200.

I still play my GameBoy Color for crying out loud, and I've had it 13 years.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
September 10th, 2012, 02:45 AM
About $80 if handheld video game systems count (DS Lite). If not, a few years back I paid about $55 (including shipping) for an anime character figurine. If that doesn't count either, then I'd really have to go back in time xD

Let's see... as a kid I really don't think I spent any more than $25 or $30 for a toy. I wasn't made of money back then (not that I am now lol).

Cherrim
September 10th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I'm not going to include video games or consoles so... the most I've ever paid for a toy was $80, I believe. It's a huuuuuge Gizamimi Pichu (http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=226&pictureid=28156) (it's like 2 feet tall) and a lot of that was shipping from Japan, iirc. But what I consider my priciest buy was a 5" Cherrim plushie for $60 (far right in image) (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8od0dc23ttv6el5/2012-05-04%2020.09.10.jpg). <_< It's super rare and I'd never even SEEN one for sale before so I ran up an auction to get it.

I collect Pokemon merchandise (though not that much anymore) so I never minded paying kind of ridiculous prices for things. Plushies are also pretty expensive even without import fees and shipping so I don't really bat an eyelash at that.