PDA

View Full Version : School Grades~?

Miyu-chan
January 25th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I've noticed that some people post... in scary amounts... and I'm wondering, if you're like me, does it affect your schooling? If I didn't go on the internet, I'll have ALOT more time to study...

Overall, I'm just curious... What grades do you get in school? n_n;

Me... I have 2 A's (Geometry and PE), 2 B's (English 2 Honors and AP World History <Which counts as an A in the GPA>), and 1 C (in French 2... But I got an A on the final... ;-; )

I don't know my Biology grade yet... but I hope it's good. o.o; *prays*

If I exclude my Bio grade, my GPA is 3.4

What's yours? n_n;;;

mew42003
January 25th, 2005, 08:25 PM
A-C's...I do horrible...

~James

[Technya]
January 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Sadly I'm a D student. Slack off too much and spend like 85% of my time on the internet and on PC. :\

Miyu-chan
January 25th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Ahhh! o.o; Forgot to put two options on the poll. ;-;

(Failing... and above 4.0 for taking super much AP courses. o.x; )

AngelWolfie
January 25th, 2005, 09:34 PM
C-D's last quarter..I'm trying to get my grades up. It really seems like teachers want too much. -_-;

Kylie-chan
January 25th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure, because Aussie schools work differently and our school has only just started using grading on us. Hmmm well I normally recieve A-grade things, like top marks, except for math, where I get like B or C, and i get like B in HSIE and some forms of science.

So A-B, not sure. x.x

Miyu-chan
January 25th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Oh, and for anyone in other places where they grade by percentages - xD;;;

90 - 100% - A

89 - 80% - B

79 - 70% - C

69 - 60% - D

59% and under - Fail...

Peach
January 25th, 2005, 11:47 PM
It's difficult to say 'cause we don't have same grades that you do. We have numbers 10-4 (4 is failed) and we don't use percentages at all. But I guess I'm something between A and B, it's hard to say. Only thing what I get bad grades is Swedish. I'll like to spend time here and go to somewhere with my friends (IRL). And I always have something "better to do" than studying XD But my school still goes good^^

But when I go to Upper Secondary School this year I will study very much...maybe XD

MiNuN*
January 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Why is everyone so A-B? I dont believe any of you. >_>
I use to go to a public high school, and they only had letter grading in tests and projects, and i guess thats what your talking about.
Im a 75-85 percenter. And it seems hard to believe that most of you get 85-100.

Happy Dude
January 26th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Over here in australia we use numbers like 1,2,3 and four.usally i get around 1 or 2 i rarely get 3 and very very rarely get 4.

Eliana
January 26th, 2005, 06:25 AM
I'm A and B ish...
I dont study as it is, and get flat A's, so it really doesnt matter...it affects my sleep though xD

angel
January 26th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I'm a A C student sometimes i get b's or d's.

MegaDitto
January 26th, 2005, 06:52 AM
I am a B student.I do plan to improve.

WolfWood
January 26th, 2005, 09:18 AM
I'm a C to a D student I pretty much hate school.

Kyosuke
January 26th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Oh, and for anyone in other places where they grade by percentages - xD;;;

90 - 100% - A

89 - 80% - B

79 - 70% - C

69 - 60% - D

59% and under - Fail...

89-80% is still considered an A, then 79-70% is B, 69-60% is a C and so on, it might be diffrent in the US but thats how it is in Canada.

I don't really want to say much about my grades XD, lets just say that I could do alot better if I try harder in school.

Lady Pearl
January 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Math (honors) - 92
Social - 93
Reading (honors) - 96
Science - 100
English - 96

I'm bound to get a B sooner or later. Strange, I got a B in reading before being transferred to honors but now I have a 96 and it's the highest average in my class. PC kind of affects. It makes me stay up till 11:00 and waking up at 5:30. I still finish some at school. Today, I have lots of homework to catch up with. ><

I counted myself as an A-B student because of my occasional B's I receive.

Carlito-san
January 26th, 2005, 02:32 PM
3.9 is an A.>.<

I have 3.9.I fail spanish,and it is only 5% of my grade so thats why.I honor in Math,Science,English,History,Um....the other one part thing.xD

I high honor in Science, and Math.Literature is aprt of English.So ya know.^.>

Bay-kun
January 26th, 2005, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure. xD I have 5 A's and one B. =/ Here's my grades.

World Geography: A

Science: A

Language Arts: A

Gym: A

Art: A

Music: A

Algebra B (Its advanced, I'm two years ahead than normal students)

I added Specials, incase you didn't notice. xD My overall GPA is like a 3.8 or something. =/

mew42003
January 26th, 2005, 02:35 PM
I need my grades up...Dang my ginger ale is gone!*Goes to get new Ginger Ale*

~James

The Fallen
January 26th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Ah, back in the day lol, I used to be a B student around a 3.5 G.P.A.

Daisuke Niwa
January 26th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Im actually a 5.0 Student, I take advance classes so I am ahead of the rest. Plus sports and outside clubs and take time too and I still manage to maintain in the top 10.

Carlito-san
January 26th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Dang Alex that is awesome when you have a Acting/Singing career too.^.>

mvtm
January 26th, 2005, 03:18 PM
I dont know well how school system works in USA , but in my school it works different.Some of my Classmates have studied in States , and they say it is easier, somehow in most of the cases they get one grade up from the original one here.

we have these grades

10 Is passing in the line.
As for my average i am 16-17 student, i am 7th out of 30, so far.
I make mistakes too.. I failed math , but now i ve pass it.
Our class average is 14.Yeah my school is hard is one of the most strict of my country , we cant even talk to teachers in spanish(our own launguage), we have to talk to them in english, and reffer then with ''Miss"

But i dont spend all my time studying...I am most of the time infront on a PC.

nayana_1120
January 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I've gone through three semesters of my high school life with a 4.0 grade average. I barely squeaked through math last semester - it was a 90% O_O;
So yah, i'm an A student right now. ^^ (but it won't get me anywhere in life because I never get out of my house *cry in a corner*)

*~Ashley~*
January 26th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I mainly get all B's and A's. Mostly B's though. And every year I've been in high school I've had one class that I've really struggled with. And in that class I go back and forth between D's and C's. >_< That class this year is honors pre-calc, last year it was honors civics, and freshman year it was ICP (intro to chem and physics) x_x I guess I'm not meant to be in many honors classes, am I?

scolari
January 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM
In Australia we don't have a's as such we have percentages eg 100% is full marks i usually get like 75-85% (without studying yeah thats right imagine if i did haha) so i guess thats proberly like a b or sumthing

Pounce
January 27th, 2005, 12:00 AM
my gpa is 4.6 because I take classes that are even harder than AP... I'll just pick the 4.0 option ^^;

ASG
January 27th, 2005, 03:26 PM
XD between A's and B's but more A's XD

TRIFORCE89
January 28th, 2005, 12:54 PM
I don't post in crazy amounts here at all. At my first forum I posted 2000 posts in two three months! It was a Zelda forum so I was in my field there. But it never effected my grades.

And here where I post almost nothing, nope...doesn't impact me at all.

Pokemon Master #1
January 28th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I'm a straight A student.We don't get assaigned much homework so it's easy to see why.

Triumphant Chaos
January 28th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I generally get A's, even though I don't study, and spend far too much time on the computer. Of course, most of that time is roleplaying and such, so it brings my writing up... But anyway, I pay attention in class, so that's probably where the marks come from...

EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN
January 28th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Well, I polled for my semester grades which were 3 A's(Strings *violin*, Tech Lab, & Pre Algebra) and 3 B's(Adv. Geography, Language Arts, & Adv. Science), but now it's like, 3 A's(pre algebra, adv. geography, & Language Arts), 1 B(strings), and 2 C's(Art & Adv. Science)....

Umm.....

Yeah, I'm doing pretty good....

at least no D's.....

Ryoutarou
January 28th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Nope, even though I'm not in school at the moment when I was it never actually effected it. I was usually online and talking with friends while doing...nothing else. I never got homework but on rare occasions. And I usually pay attention i class...So it doesn't actually effect me...or didn't when I was in.

But this coming year...or later this year XD I'm going to be entering college so I'm not really all that sure myself how it will effect my grades.

Kelsey
January 29th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Well, posting at PC doesn't really mess up my school life, thankfully. XD This past sememster, I earned an A in Physical Science, and A in Algebra, and A in both Choir and P.E. Although, I got a B+ in Honors English. XP My teacher is horrid. OO;; She gave us five essays all at once with only two weeks of the semester left. I swear she's the devil's apprentice. << >>

~Kelsey

Pokedragonfire
January 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Why is everyone so A-B? I dont believe any of you. >_> And it seems hard to believe that most of you get 85-100.
I get a 4.0. Actually last year I got a two B's and two A's in english (honors)
I want to be really smart in stuff like math so I can take over microsoft, even though I'm lazy and slack off on my homework.
Even when I'm really really really lazy, and do what I think is really bad job on my homework, I end up getting an A or B anyways.
:\ It's weird like that...
I guess I'm so smart I don't even realize it...

BladeForever
January 29th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Me getting online to post has not affected my sch00l education. I do what I need to do before going to sch00l. Weither it's at night or early in the morning, it gets done. Normally me not getting the grades that I want is a result of me not studying as hard as I can for a test. I do well on them, I'm just the type that does things at the last minute most of the times.

Current GPA is 3.1. The highest I've have gotten was 3.5 (from middle sch00l and highsch00l) I'm in the IB program (quite harder than honors) but I know I can do better than that if I just take most of my work more seriously.

~Blade~

coachwhipneoship
January 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I get mostly A's...and I try not to spend too much time on the computer, though it will often addict me for days at a time. :D My grades...

AM gym class: A
AP European History: A+
AP Psychology: A+
English honors: A+
AP Art history: B+
Photography: A
Physics: C+ :( I hate this class...
Math: B+ (I usually do poorly in math though..except geometry where I got A's.)

I devote a LOT of time to school and advanced classes and school activities. Those were my current grades before, but we're taking mid-terms right now. Anything could happen...

Dignity
January 29th, 2005, 07:44 PM
yup ^_^ im an A student, 90s - 100s and my best is Math/Algebra!! XD ~origin

Anacortes
January 29th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah...I get A's on everything and a B on PE...

Anacortes
January 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Yeah...I get A's on everything and a B on PE...

marillmonster2000
January 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I Don't Have Grades, I Go To An Awesome School, YOU should All Go To It Too.
Check It Out, Go To Google, And Type In CEDARWOOD SUDBURY SCHOOL.
And Then Go To The First Link, And WALLA!
That's My School^^

Timbjerr
January 29th, 2005, 08:58 PM
On average, I'm a C-B student, and that includes the fact that I'm a huge slacker. I never fail to impress a teacher by getting low homework grades (cuz I never do it) and then passing the test on the lesson with an A. XD

As of right now, my 4-point GPA is 3.35, but with the AP/honors weighted GPA, I'm a 5.94, and my class rank is 62 out of 618. All of those figures might have gone up by the time I graduate though.

~Dragonair~
January 30th, 2005, 02:01 AM
I usually get As and Bs. In math I get As because I like that subject.