PDA

View Full Version : [Tool] Spiky's DS Map Editor

Pages : 1 [2] 3

VERGUNDAI
December 12th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yep, someone really ought to try out this tool on a freshly installed Windows operating system, 'cause I've used this tool on every single computer, no matter which computer I use it on... the headers still won't save.

I open up my Pokémon Platinum ROM with SDSME150
I change the weather value to "12" on Twinleaf Town (T01)
I've clicked on "Save Header Data"
Then I click "Save ROM"
I save the ROM as "header-test"
Then I close SDSME and reopen it again
Then I open up the ROM that I've changed

And guess what? Nothing's changed at all, it's still exactly the same. xD

Am I the only one that is having this problem? If I am the only one on Earth that is having this issue... then why is it only happening to me?! o.o

Yep, looks like a bug...(unless Spiky didn't know about it)(needs FIX)

Pike15: You need to export with textures by the 3DView on Spiky's tool.
Then import it on Sketchup and click no to triangulate polygons/and yes to flip xyz.
Also click dont ignore materials.

Pike15
December 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Then import it on Sketchup and click no to triangulate polygons/and yes to flip xyz.

i can see the map the only i wonder now is how do i convert the file i edit so i can import it to a rom??

VERGUNDAI
December 12th, 2012, 04:58 PM
i can see the map the only i wonder now is how do i convert the file i edit so i can import it to a rom??

If you have the obj file then just import them into 3DS Max 6 or Maya 7.(they need nintendo plugins)
There is a thread by PokeShinySilver about how to convert the files....

Also if anyone fiqured out how to use the nintendo plugins on 3DS Max 8 please tell me I'm still on 3DS MAX 6 which is annoying...
Or If you have a cracked version of Maya 7 please send it to me..

Team Fail
December 12th, 2012, 06:29 PM
If you have the obj file then just import them into 3DS Max 6 or Maya 7.(they need nintendo plugins)

Also if anyone fiqured out how to use the nintendo plugins on 3DS Max 8 please tell me I'm still on 3DS MAX 6 which is annoying...

I don't think the plugins are compatible with 3DS Max 8, if memory serves.

As well, it doesn't really matter what program you export your model from - All IMD files are the same in the end. All that would be different is the editing interface the program uses.

When i import a obj file to blender i only get a white map why?? And why can i not see objects in sketchup??

Blender won't view the textures, I don't think. And as for objects, houses and whatnot will not be exported as they're separate from the map model.

Pike15
December 13th, 2012, 12:53 AM

Do you know how to edit buildings???

VERGUNDAI
December 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I don't think the plugins are compatible with 3DS Max 8, if memory serves.

As well, it doesn't really matter what program you export your model from - All IMD files are the same in the end. All that would be different is the editing interface the program uses.

Blender won't view the textures, I don't think. And as for objects, houses and whatnot will not be exported as they're separate from the map model.

I've finally converted my imd files but it gets warnings for truncated files and when I import them to Spiky's Editor it just shows part of the map with colored textures.

Pike15
December 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I've finally converted my imd files but it gets warnings for truncated files and when I import them to Spiky's Editor it just shows part of the map with colored textures.

How did you do that?? And do you know how to insert new buildings into diamond??

VERGUNDAI
December 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM
How did you do that?? And do you know how to insert new buildings into diamond??

IDK about that I just get texture fail for each new building i add.

on 3DS Max 6 sucks my edited map won't load trees/ but only colored textures...

Pike15
December 13th, 2012, 04:04 PM
IDK about that I just get texture fail for each new building i add.

on 3DS Max 6 sucks my edited map won't load trees/ but only colored textures...

that sucks. Have you succesfully imported any map?? And are you working on rse remake and if so. How far have you came

gatarda
December 14th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Is it also possible to IMPORT them as .PNG?

XxBestOnXx
December 14th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Is it also possible to IMPORT them as .PNG?
Yes, use MKDS, extract the map with "Export 3d model" in Spiky's Ds map and open it with MKDS
after do right click and Show textures... done!

P.S= Spiky can you in the next version deepen the event editor?
In wich map, the warps in wich place ecc...
Also the overworlds
Please =)
Ah, can you do the tools that edit the texture in the place?

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

VERGUNDAI
December 17th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Yes, use MKDS, extract the map with "Export 3d model" in Spiky's Ds map and open it with MKDS

Also the overworlds
Please =)

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

I'd love to have an event editor that has the names of the event.
Time will come, we just have to wait for Spiky's Suprises!

-Oh BTW I imported a map but this is what I get:
An part of the the map but too big so you can see everything dark, there is texture but there are no trees-like textures. it looks 2d?

gatarda
December 17th, 2012, 11:32 AM
It means you can edit models in Blender, yes. Or in any other program that supports OBJ models. However, converting them back to the NDS format is the hard part, and for now you'll be forced to use Nintendo-made plugins.

Where can you find the Nintendo plugins, I have already Googled it.

PS: I am YORAMRW from YouTube.

Also the overworlds
Please =)

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

======== Thanks! ========

Team Fail
December 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Where can you find the Nintendo plugins, I have already Googled it.

PS: I am YORAMRW from YouTube.

You'll have to look harder. We can't say anything besides looking more on Google.

Platinum Lucario
December 18th, 2012, 04:46 PM
The issue with SDSME that makes it impossible to save... seems to be the same kind of issue that I get from trying to save the changes on PPTXT. Obviously it happens on any freshly installed Windows operating system, I kind of wonder if it has something to do with not putting the .dll files into the system32 folder? Well I can always try it out and see if that makes any difference with the program.

But still... that saving issue is very weird, it makes me wonder... how come is there people that are able to save the changes on the program? Am I really the only one that is having this problem?

Kaphotics
December 18th, 2012, 08:16 PM
The issue with SDSME that makes it impossible to save... seems to be the same kind of issue that I get from trying to save the changes on PPTXT. Obviously it happens on any freshly installed Windows operating system, I kind of wonder if it has something to do with not putting the .dll files into the system32 folder? Well I can always try it out and see if that makes any difference with the program.

But still... that saving issue is very weird, it makes me wonder... how come is there people that are able to save the changes on the program? Am I really the only one that is having this problem?

I've noticed that PPTXT doesn't save changes if you add lines, because it's not programmed to add lines.

The structure of the text file contains a header which PPTXT won't edit to add more text lines. I've had success with editing currently existing lines with PPTXT (and I show how I do edits in my basic B2W2 script tutorial video)

You shouldn't need to put the .dll's in system32, they can be in the same folder the program is running from (and the program will be able to use them there). I don't know what you're editing so I can't help you in regards to that :}

VERGUNDAI
December 21st, 2012, 02:23 PM
Is there a tutorial about how to import building objects with correct tilesets?

Spiky-Eared Pichu
December 23rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
I have a small update for you. I've added a "2D Mode" to the 3D renderer so you can see how the map looks from the top, just like with the move permissions. I may use it as a background for the permission and building editors, but I can't right now because I have some issues with alpha channel. This is how it looks like:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6342/2dmode.png

xalien95
December 23rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Awesome! When the download? Can't wait! :3

Cubera
December 25th, 2012, 06:04 AM
wow cant wait for release

gatarda
December 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I can't wait until Spiky's DS Map Editor 1.6.0!

gatarda
December 29th, 2012, 01:38 AM

I have the same problem with the camera:
I changed the camera angle to 14 (Little Dwarfs In A World Of Giants), I saved, loaded the ROM, nothin' happened. I hope Spiky read this, because its a really annoying bug.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
December 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I have the same problem with the camera:
I changed the camera angle to 14 (Little Dwarfs In A World Of Giants), I saved, loaded the ROM, nothin' happened. I hope Spiky read this, because its a really annoying bug.

Does the ROM save correctly? I mean, if you edit maps or matrices, are they saved? It's important to know because I've been messing around with the ROM saving code, and it looks like it isn't fixed, so maybe there's a bug in the header saving code.

VERGUNDAI
December 29th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Does the ROM save correctly? I mean, if you edit maps or matrices, are they saved? It's important to know because I've been messing around with the ROM saving code, and it looks like it isn't fixed, so maybe there's a bug in the header saving code.

The saving is okay I think, because mines didn't save when I clicked saved, but when I waited after saving it saved correctly.

gatarda
December 29th, 2012, 12:35 PM

Also the overworlds
Please =)

Bye,
XxBestOnXx

Thanks! I already have discovered this!

VERGUNDAI
December 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
For some reason building tileset won't show up in the tileset editor, is this a bug or did spiky not release this yet?

On the video I saw building texture in tileset editor.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
December 30th, 2012, 12:54 AM
For some reason building tileset won't show up in the tileset editor, is this a bug or did spiky not release this yet?

On the video I saw building texture in tileset editor.

Hehehe, you've caught me. The video shows the beta of SDSME 1.6.0, and one of the features is building tileset support. There will also be a trainer editor and text saving.

andibad
December 30th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Hehehe, you've caught me. The video shows the beta of SDSME 1.6.0, and one of the features is building tileset support. There will also be a trainer editor and text saving.

ah trainer edit and text saving, yay thank you is was help a lot map hacking on DP.

VERGUNDAI
December 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM

Awesome, I was wondering if you could implement G3DCVTR into the tool to enable the use of importing IMD's to nsbmd.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
December 30th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Awesome, I was wondering if you could implement G3DCVTR into the tool to enable the use of importing IMD's to nsbmd.

I had that in mind for a future version, but it won't happen yet because I'm not sure about which would be the best way to do it. The easiest would be to tell the user to copy it to a folder the tool can read it from, but I've also thought of embedding it into SDSME. The latter would be perfect, but remember it's a licensed tool and it would probably be illegal. Up to what point, I don't know, because MID2AGB is currently distributed here, and it's a Nintendo tool as well.

VERGUNDAI
December 30th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Is there a bug when exporting imd files from 3ds max 6?

Team Fail
December 31st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Up to what point, I don't know, because MID2AGB is currently distributed here, and it's a Nintendo tool as well.

As far as I know, you can't link to that either.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
December 31st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Version 1.6.0 available! Changelog from previous version:

Italian translation (by Pichu2000)
Text saving
Trainer editor
Building tileset support
2D Mode
Bug fixes

Enjoy it, and have a happy New Year! http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

VERGUNDAI
December 31st, 2012, 12:29 PM
Version 1.6.0 available! Changelog from previous version:

Italian translation (by Pichu2000)
Text saving
Trainer editor
Building tileset support
2D Mode
Bug fixes

Enjoy it, and have a happy New Year! http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks your the best Spiky!

Here I found an error while scrolling through the building tilesets:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at LibNDSFormats.NSBTX.NsbtxLoader.LoadNsbtx(Stream stream, List`1& texs, List`1& pals)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form6_Building_List.comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18014 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.12
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.12
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
Assembly Version: 2011.10.1.0
Win32 Version: 2011.10.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/NouZong%20Lee/My%20Saved%20Roms/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18015 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18015 built by: FX45RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Dragonflye
December 31st, 2012, 03:47 PM
I have a problem with this program. I could never open up to now because it always comes here. I turned off my anti-virus program still always comes this message. While it is German but I think you know what it means. Programs, have been with me and I have Net Framework 4.0 and Windows XP.

http://www.abload.de/img/16vjwv.png

Sorry for my English. Please help me. :(

Hacker Bisharp
January 1st, 2013, 03:05 AM
How do i change language?

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 1st, 2013, 04:44 AM
I have a problem with this program. I could never open up to now because it always comes here. I turned off my anti-virus program still always comes this message. While it is German but I think you know what it means. Programs, have been with me and I have Net Framework 4.0 and Windows XP.

Sorry for my English. Please help me. :(

I'll take a look at that. I don't know German, but I've seen that message in my PC many times (although none of them was with SDSME). Thanks for reporting it.

How do i change language?

The language of the program is determined by the language the PC is set to. If you have your PC in English, SDSME will appear in English, and the same will happen with Spanish and Italian. Other languages aren't available yet.

SolusX
January 1st, 2013, 04:54 AM
I must say, impressive progression with this program. Your work has been incredible. The GUI is amazing, it's easy to learn to use for the most part, it's clean and convenient. I'd marry it if I could. However I am having some slight issues and I'm hoping you could provide some insight as to whether it's something wrong on my end, or a potential bug.

//

Not sure if it's a problem with the application and unsure how far along Team Fail has come along in solving it but when maps are imported the textures are severely distorted

I also receive an error if I click on the wild pokemon editor, which is:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. IF you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value of '128' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value

// then under details

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '128' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form9.comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form9.Form9_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hikari/Desktop/PRET/Spiky%20DS%20Map/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hikari/Desktop/PRET/Spiky%20DS%20Map/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hikari/Desktop/PRET/Spiky%20DS%20Map/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Hikari/Desktop/PRET/Spiky%20DS%20Map/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.298 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 1st, 2013, 10:08 AM
I must say, impressive progression with this program. Your work has been incredible. The GUI is amazing, it's easy to learn to use for the most part, it's clean and convenient. I'd marry it if I could. However I am having some slight issues and I'm hoping you could provide some insight as to whether it's something wrong on my end, or a potential bug.

Not sure if it's a problem with the application and unsure how far along Team Fail has come along in solving it but when maps are imported the textures are severely distorted

I also receive an error if I click on the wild pokemon editor, which is:

Thanks for your support. That error you sent seems a problem in the Wild Pokémon Editor, and apparently it's caused by a Pokémon with an invalid level number. The tool has a level number limit set to 100, and if it finds something incorrect, it throws an error. Never force a level higher than 100 by hex, because the game won't know how to handle it and neither will SDSME. In case you haven't touched that file before, which game is it? And which Wild Pokémon file did you select?

gatarda
January 1st, 2013, 11:24 AM
Spiky's DS Map Editor
by Spiky-Eared Pichu

The next step after Pokémon Gen IV Map Converter is here! Including all the features from the original tool, SDSME opens the way to matrix and header hacking. It also includes 3D viewers for maps and buildings, and visual editors as well. Everything can be done with only a few clicks!

Supported games are:

Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (All languages)
Pokémon Platinum (All languages)
Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (All languages)

The following features are available in the current version:

Header editing
Map editing (includes section import/export and permission and building editors)
Tileset viewing
Matrix editing
Text editing
Event editing
Wild Pokémon editing
Trainer editing

Screenshots

IMAGE_AITCHTEETEEPEE://desmondDOTimageshackDOTus/Himg62/scaled.php?server=62&filename=sdsme2DOTpng&res=landing
IMAGE_AITCHTEETEEPEE://desmondDOTimageshackDOTus/Himg803/scaled.php?server=803&filename=sdsme1.png&res=landing
IMAGE_AITCHTEETEEPEE://desmondDOTimageshackDOTus/Himg832/scaled.php?server=832&filename=sdsme4.png&res=landing

Dl03XVB43TU

Download

v1.6.0 (31/12/2012): AITCHTEETEEPEE://wwwDOTmediafireDOTcom/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Note: .NET Framework 4 or a newer version is required to run the tool

1.6.0! Thanks! You are the master!

Pike15
January 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Can anyone please tell me how i can edit maps in google sketchup i have opened the map in sketchup succesfully and i got the nintendo tools. But i need help how edit the map in there.

SolusX
January 1st, 2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks for your support. That error you sent seems a problem in the Wild Pokémon Editor, and apparently it's caused by a Pokémon with an invalid level number. The tool has a level number limit set to 100, and if it finds something incorrect, it throws an error. Never force a level higher than 100 by hex, because the game won't know how to handle it and neither will SDSME. In case you haven't touched that file before, which game is it? And which Wild Pokémon file did you select?

I actually didn't get to touch any pokemon. As soon as the button is pressed, that error shows. It's a fresh, untouched ROM .

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 2nd, 2013, 03:11 AM
I actually didn't get to touch any pokemon. As soon as the button is pressed, that error shows. It's a fresh, untouched ROM .

Unless you tell me the ROM you're using (Diamond, Pearl, etc) and the Wild Pokémon index (the combobox at the top-left corner) you're trying to save, I won't be able to do anything to solve it. I can't guess the game you're using, because the editor layout changes depending on the game you're using. Thank you very much.

SolusX
January 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Unless you tell me the ROM you're using (Diamond, Pearl, etc) and the Wild Pokémon index (the combobox at the top-left corner) you're trying to save, I won't be able to do anything to solve it. I can't guess the game you're using, because the editor layout changes depending on the game you're using. Thank you very much.

My apologies.
Pokemon Soul Silver
Error is encountered upon pressing the "Wild Pokemon Editor" button.
It starts at Wild Pokemon 0.
If I change to Wild Pokemon 1 I get another error saying"
InvalidArgument=Value of '536' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex.' Parameter name: Selected Index.
Selecting any other Pokemon produces the same result except the value is 800 instead of 536.
All of the boxes are blank. There are no visible Pokemon stats.

VERGUNDAI
January 2nd, 2013, 02:12 PM

I was wondering if anyone got this error on HG(US) Rom.

When clicking on building tileset 20 the entire tool just FREEZES and end process!
Maybe there's a bug, if not maybe just something rom with my computer!?!

BTW if anybody who's got 3DS Max 2008 working with Nitro Plugins, you should make a tutorial, or PM how to install it correctly!

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 2nd, 2013, 03:05 PM
I have fixed the wild Pokémon bug. Apparently I made a typo with a path, sorry! You can redownload it from the same link, it'll show up as version "1.6.1".

@VERGUNDAI, does it happen in the model list or in the tileset editor. It may be caused by an incompatibility when matching the model and the textures, so maybe these are not the correct textures.

SolusX
January 2nd, 2013, 03:34 PM
I have fixed the wild Pokémon bug. Apparently I made a typo with a path, sorry! You can redownload it from the same link, it'll show up as version "1.6.1".

@VERGUNDAI, does it happen in the model list or in the tileset editor. It may be caused by an incompatibility when matching the model and the textures, so maybe these are not the correct textures.

The problem was solved. Thanks!

VERGUNDAI
January 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM

Yep that's whats happening, probably because I import building textures from different files...
Thanks for the heads-up.

-it's happening in the tileset editor right when I click on tileset 20 for buildings?!?

I used a clean HGSS Rom...and it happens everytime...

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 3rd, 2013, 04:14 AM
Yep that's whats happening, probably because I import building textures from different files...
Thanks for the heads-up.

-it's happening in the tileset editor right when I click on tileset 20 for buildings?!?

I used a clean HGSS Rom...and it happens everytime...

I have found an explanation, and it's based on both a trick by GameFreak and a flaw in SDSME. From what I've understood, GameFreak used more tilesets during early HGSS versions than in the final release, and they removed the files. However, as deleting them would change the index of the other tilesets, they inserted 4-byte dummy files. SDSME has automatic invalid file detection, but in this case it wasn't prepared to handle such small files, hence it froze when trying to read it. I'll fix this in the next release and warning messages will appear.

Hacker Bisharp
January 3rd, 2013, 05:58 AM
The language of the program is determined by the language the PC is set to. If you have your PC in English, SDSME will appear in English, and the same will happen with Spanish and Italian. Other languages aren't available yet.
This is strange... I'm italian so the language in my computer is italian but when i open the tool it appear in english. Why?

xalien95
January 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
I found this error while I was changing the camera value in "Map headers".
Pokémon Pearl Version (ITA)

Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.OverflowException: Valore troppo grande o troppo piccolo per un Unsigned Byte.
in System.Byte.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
in System.Convert.ToByte(String value)
in WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
Versione assembly: 4.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SDSME
Versione assembly: 1.6.1.0
Versione Win32: 1.6.1.0
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Versione assembly: 1.0.0.5
Versione Win32: 1.0.0.5
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
System.Drawing.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Core
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Versione assembly: 2.1.0.12
Versione Win32: 2.1.0.12
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
Versione assembly: 2011.10.1.0
Versione Win32: 2011.10.1
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
Accessibility
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** Debug JIT **************
Per abilitare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
abilitato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Quando il debug JIT è abilitato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

I've tried to change some tileset's textures, but some of them have the same palette, so with MKDS I can import image+palette and I cannot import only images or only palettes.
Is there another way to do it? I would import palette and images separately, does someone know other tools?

Thanks in advance.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
This is strange... I'm italian so the language in my computer is italian but when i open the tool it appear in english. Why?

I'll add a manual language switch for those who have problems :)

I found this error while I was changing the camera value in "Map headers".
Pokémon Pearl Version (ITA)

I've tried to change some tileset's textures, but some of them have the same palette, so with MKDS I can import image+palette and I cannot import only images or only palettes.
Is there another way to do it? I would import palette and images separately, does someone know other tools?

Thanks in advance.

You're the second person to report that bug, and I have no idea why it happens. But it looks like there's something wrong when converting header values to bytes, and maybe I forgot to make a setting explicit. I'll look at it now.

I want to make an own texture and palette editor, with separate options. For now the only way is MKDS, but I think you can avoid that problem if you change the order of the palette colours when indexing, so the multiple images use the exact same palette in the same order.

Hacker Bisharp
January 3rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
I'll add a manual language switch for those who have problems :)
Many thanks. Then this new feature will be in version 1.7.0?

Pike15
January 3rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Spiky how can i edit maps?? i have google skethup with plugins but i dont know how to edit the map

$_$
January 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Hey Spiky-Eared Pichu, would you ever be intereseted in build the ds map editor for windows phone, seeing as you built the program in c#, am I correct?

Great job by the way, let PokeMon hacking live on :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 3rd, 2013, 02:49 PM
I have a new version for you. It's not a major release, but it's nonetheless important, because it fixes the following:

Tileset freezes
Diamond and Pearl header saving (USA version was not affected by this bug, apparently)
Language problems (added a language selector)

As usual, you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Hey Spiky-Eared Pichu, would you ever be intereseted in build the ds map editor for windows phone, seeing as you built the program in c#, am I correct?

Great job by the way, let PokeMon hacking live on :)

Thanks, but I don't think SDSME would be ideal for these devices. It's a very complex program, which uses lots of resources and external files, and I'm not sure if the performance would be acceptable. But thanks, anyways :)

Pike15
January 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
I have a new version for you. It's not a major release, but it's nonetheless important, because it fixes the following:

Tileset freezes
Diamond and Pearl header saving (USA version was not affected by this bug, apparently)
Language problems (added a language selector)

As usual, you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks, but I don't think SDSME would be ideal for these devices. It's a very complex program, which uses lots of resources and external files, and I'm not sure if the performance would be acceptable. But thanks, anyways :)

Spiky why am i only get corrupted results when add Objects to the map. Building works just fine but not objects likes trees etc.

xalien95
January 4th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Amazing! 1.6.2 is perfect!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zpsb8c94a26.png

Now I'm waiting for your texture tool ;]

Pike15
January 4th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Amazing! 1.6.2 is perfect!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zpsb8c94a26.png

Now I'm waiting for your texture tool ;]

Could you plz tell how you made it look 3 like. And how did change the trees.

xalien95
January 4th, 2013, 03:29 AM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zps51947404.png

Could you plz tell how you made it look 3 like. And how did change the trees.
I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.

Pike15
January 4th, 2013, 03:39 AM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zps51947404.png

I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.

Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 4th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??

To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic :)

Pike15
January 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic :)

Nice so i am just change movement and a wild pokemon grass appears there??

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8026/scripteditor.png

When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support :)

VERGUNDAI
January 5th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8026/scripteditor.png

When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support :)

Will you show the coordinance/position of the script on the map?

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM

If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.

VERGUNDAI
January 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Why is there bitmap error on 3DS Map 8?

Yes improving the event editor who be fascinating, and much easier to use...
I'll wait for that in a later update.

The script editor is so buggy for PPRE right now, so If anyone wants to wait, I preferred wait now for a new script editor. So your rom won't freeze in various positions...
Quote: Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI http://www.pokecommunity.com/images/templates/delibird/button/viewpost.gif (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7472295#post7472295)

If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.

Pike15
January 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Nice spiky

And keep up the good work :D

Platinum Lucario
January 5th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)

Pike15
January 5th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Pokemon Shiny silver are you working on some rom hack??

VERGUNDAI
January 5th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)

ahaa...thanks, I remember the way I saved it I triple press save headers option.
Now it will be easier...

Link_971
January 7th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Always good to see new improvements ;)
If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 8th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Always good to see new improvements ;)
If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support :)

Thanks! I was going to translate it myself, but you'll make it better. Don't mess around with the .dll files, I'll send you .xml files with all the strings you have to change :)

gatarda
January 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
AITCHttpCOLON//i1266DOTphotobucketDOTcom/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zps51947404.png

How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?

xalien95
January 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?
It's not a hack, just testing... XD

gatarda
January 12th, 2013, 02:23 PM
It's not a hack, just testing... XD

But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

How to edit tileset palettes?

xalien95
January 13th, 2013, 04:23 AM
But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

How to edit tileset palettes?
You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.

VERGUNDAI
January 13th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.

Pike15
January 14th, 2013, 02:51 AM
I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.

Is it a 3d modeling tool. And is it free??

andibad
January 14th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Is it a 3d modeling tool. And is it free??

pro version is not free. but you can try free version.

gatarda
January 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.

I always tought the PNG become the palette of the tile. Thanks.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
News update: I have finished a trainer class editor, which will allow you to add/edit/remove trainer classes (name and sprite). Music and animations are not supported yet simply because I have no idea where the data is.

I have also rewritten the ROM load/save code to make it faster and safer. The "game.nds" errors won't show up anymore, and the game will now be loaded in the same folder it's located, not in SDSME's. That will also allow you to have multiple windows of SDSME opened at the same time safely :D

Pike15
January 14th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Nice spiky keep up the good work ^_^

VERGUNDAI
January 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
News update: I have finished a trainer class editor, which will allow you to add/edit/remove trainer classes (name and sprite). Music and animations are not supported yet simply because I have no idea where the data is.

I have also rewritten the ROM load/save code to make it faster and safer. The "game.nds" errors won't show up anymore, and the game will now be loaded in the same folder it's located, not in SDSME's. That will also allow you to have multiple windows of SDSME opened at the same time safely :D

Awesome, since trainer editor was really useful, I've compiled some new scripts for BlazeRuby.
I still can't figure out while Max 8 won't load my png files file trying to export some maps into imd.
Works for the first map Twinleaf(can be imported to imd with no errors), then errors for other maps(unknown error)..

Lately, I've been successfully importing some maps without textures, so therefore I won't need to upload pics.
And I guess Photoshop CS6 is awesome for editing some pictures and graphics.

Pokemon BlazeRuby will be officially release on June 7th 2013, with new maps, and a few scripts...
and will be uploaded on pokemonregen website.

thanethane98
January 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I have to say, I really love how far this tool has come... But I really am terrible at navigating to the map I want to in this.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I have to say, I really love how far this tool has come... But I really am terrible at navigating to the map I want to in this.

Thank you! I'm aware navigating maps is pretty confusing unless you know exactly what you're doing, so any feedback about possible ways or "ideal ways to navigate maps" are always welcome. It's important for the tool to be accessible to everyone.

By the way, version 1.7.0 is progressing well. I've been fighting a bit to get scripts working, but now they work like 90% of the time. It's only a viewer, though. I have also added a sound file list, which will be practical for scripts and headers :)

VERGUNDAI
January 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Thank you! I'm aware navigating maps is pretty confusing unless you know exactly what you're doing, so any feedback about possible ways or "ideal ways to navigate maps" are always welcome. It's important for the tool to be accessible to everyone.

By the way, version 1.7.0 is progressing well. I've been fighting a bit to get scripts working, but now they work like 90% of the time. It's only a viewer, though. I have also added a sound file list, which will be practical for scripts and headers :)

Awesome spiky! Keep up the work, because who knows maybe one day this tool can do almost everything for 4th gen hacking. And then later on maybe another 5th gen hacking tool similar to this one will come out.

Chaos Rush
January 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem.

I tried importing the upstairs of the Pallet Town room from HG/SS into Pokemon Platinum, replacing the player's bedroom. I made sure I exported everything possible from HeartGold and imported it into Platinum, being move permissions, the map model, the tileset textures, everything. It looks fine in the Map Editor, but when I test it in-game, it looks like this:
http://i50.tinypic.com/fk34b9.png

Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that the bedroom Tileset was actually Tileset 20, not Tileset 3. However I still have another problem:
http://i49.tinypic.com/4qhqv.png

EDIT: nevermind again, I figured out that it's just a matter of changing the model numbers.

I have a suggestion for the tool: Include a Ctrl+F search function in the model list

EDIT: lmao this tool is amazing, this is what I've done so far on a Platinum ROM:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2d8jjo0.png

gatarda
January 28th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Will there come a Pokémon Black and White version of Spiky's DS Map Editor? That is an amazing idea!

Spiky-Eared Pichu
January 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Will there come a Pokémon Black and White version of Spiky's DS Map Editor? That is an amazing idea!

Gen V support is planned for the future. But there won't be any branches, everything will be included in a single tool, hence the inclusion of "DS" in the tool's name :)

Platinum Lucario
January 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM

There is already NPRE which can indeed edit the maps in Black/White, though it does actually lack in the way of map rendering in the latest build. If I was a programmer, I could've switched the 3D render to the one that's used in MKDS Course Modifier.

VERGUNDAI
January 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
There is already NPRE which can indeed edit the maps in Black/White, though it does actually lack in the way of map rendering in the latest build. If I was a programmer, I could've switched the 3D render to the one that's used in MKDS Course Modifier.

So, MKDS does'nt work for some reason, Light vector errors in BWB2W2?!? what actually cause this?

Hacker Bisharp
February 3rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Which are the new feature in version 1.7.0?
Just curious :D

gatarda
February 3rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Gen V support is planned for the future. But there won't be any branches, everything will be included in a single tool, hence the inclusion of "DS" in the tool's name :)

Cool! Then we could really port maps from BW to DPPtHgSs and conversely. AND we can research how the movement permissions in Castelia City, and the camera positions on the Skyarrow Bridge really work!

Which are the new feature in version 1.7.0?
Just curious :D

I don't think Gen V support will be in 1.7.0. Maybe in 2.0.0. I can't judge, but SDSME is a very big step in NDS ROM hacking!

VERGUNDAI
February 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
Cool! Then we could really port maps from BW to DPPtHgSs and conversely. AND we can research how the movement permissions in Castelia City, and the camera positions on the Skyarrow Bridge really work!

I don't think Gen V support will be in 1.7.0. Maybe in 2.0.0. I can't judge, but SDSME is a very big step in NDS ROM hacking!

I'd rather have it like this:

SPDSME should stay Gen IV, since we've added a lot of features into it already, and we still need to research on bugs and stuff about it.

I prefer making a 5th gen editor, apart from this, because you'll mainly focus on 5th Gen. Like calling it Spiky's V Gen editor.(SVG)

And BTW if you think about XYZ, compared to all of these it will take years to make something like that.

I'm having a bit of a problem.

I tried importing the upstairs of the Pallet Town room from HG/SS into Pokemon Platinum, replacing the player's bedroom. I made sure I exported everything possible from HeartGold and imported it into Platinum, being move permissions, the map model, the tileset textures, everything. It looks fine in the Map Editor, but when I test it in-game, it looks like this:
http://i50.tinypic.com/fk34b9.png

Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out that the bedroom Tileset was actually Tileset 20, not Tileset 3. However I still have another problem:
http://i49.tinypic.com/4qhqv.png

EDIT: nevermind again, I figured out that it's just a matter of changing the model numbers.

I have a suggestion for the tool: Include a Ctrl+F search function in the model list

EDIT: lmao this tool is amazing, this is what I've done so far on a Platinum ROM:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2d8jjo0.png

Wow, restarting DarkViolet?

I've remember your beta on this, but I thought you gave up on it.

Well, i was thinking about making a Firered and Leafgreen remakes, but tons of people are trying so hard to accomplish it. Then in the end everyone who tries to remake it fails.

Firered and Leafgreen remakes are my side-works because they are all ready easy to edit.

It you need help, I'll be availble for scripting only. (BTW why not use a HGSS Rom?) but I like your idea, lets try to see HGSS Maps in different 3D Angles.

GoGoJJTech
February 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
This is great cant wait to open it up!

gatarda
February 5th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I'd rather have it like this:

SPDSME should stay Gen IV, since we've added a lot of features into it already, and we still need to research on bugs and stuff about it.

I prefer making a 5th gen editor, apart from this, because you'll mainly focus on 5th Gen. Like calling it Spiky's V Gen editor.(SVG)

And BTW if you think about XYZ, compared to all of these it will take years to make something like that.

I think it's better if the 4th and 5th Generation map editor will stay ONE tool.

xalien95
February 5th, 2013, 01:27 PM
I think it's better if the 4th and 5th Generation map editor will stay ONE tool.
With SDSME you'll be able to edit scripts, so battles with trainers.
Do you want to have triple battles things on 4th gen games? eheheh

VERGUNDAI
February 5th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Darn, is this a new error, i haven't touched this ROM since map editing.

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18033 built by: FX45RTMGDR
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.6.2.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18022 built by: FX45RTMGDR
System
Tao.Platform.Windows
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Tao.OpenGl
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/KJGungeon/My%20NDS%20RomHack/Map%20Editing/Spiky%20DS%20Map%20Editing/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
WindowsBase

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Never mind found the error, this rom had no MAPS narc file.

Chaos Rush
February 5th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Wow, restarting DarkViolet?

I've remember your beta on this, but I thought you gave up on it.

Well, i was thinking about making a Firered and Leafgreen remakes, but tons of people are trying so hard to accomplish it. Then in the end everyone who tries to remake it fails.

Firered and Leafgreen remakes are my side-works because they are all ready easy to edit.

It you need help, I'll be availble for scripting only. (BTW why not use a HGSS Rom?) but I like your idea, lets try to see HGSS Maps in different 3D Angles.
No, I am not restarting DarkViolet. DarkViolet is still a GBA game, and it will remain that way for the time being. Me messing around with 4th Gen maps is just a "what if" kind of thing. Ideally, I would like DarkViolet to be a 4th Gen hack, or even a 5th Gen hack, but then it would never get completed.

DarkViolet will be finished as a FireRed hack, but that doesn't mean I won't work on a DS version afterwords (lol then it would be a remake of a remake), or even work on it secretly alongside the GBA one.

For the the time being, I will continue to experiment with DS hacking, but I won't tackle it full-on until DarkViolet on GBA is finished.

VERGUNDAI
February 5th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Heads up everyone, you can use kyledoves, and wesley FG's tiles in the Tileset editor, better to try with HGSS roms, because they have easier tree editing.

No, I am not restarting DarkViolet. DarkViolet is still a GBA game, and it will remain that way for the time being. Me messing around with 4th Gen maps is just a "what if" kind of thing. Ideally, I would like DarkViolet to be a 4th Gen hack, or even a 5th Gen hack, but then it would never get completed.

DarkViolet will be finished as a FireRed hack, but that doesn't mean I won't work on a DS version afterwords (lol then it would be a remake of a remake), or even work on it secretly alongside the GBA one.

For the the time being, I will continue to experiment with DS hacking, but I won't tackle it full-on until DarkViolet on GBA is finished.

Yeah, DS Mapping is really complex, right now im just hex editing them, and playing around with building models.

gatarda
February 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM
With SDSME you'll be able to edit scripts, so battles with trainers.
Do you want to have triple battles things on 4th gen games? eheheh

We could try to bring the Skyarrow Bridge- or Castelia City camera angles in Gen IV.

xalien95
February 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
We could try to bring the Skyarrow Bridge- or Castelia City camera angles in Gen IV.
I don't think it'll be possible. We should have a logic-based script editor to edit camera views.
You have to know that camera values are different between DP and HGSS.

gatarda
February 7th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I don't think it'll be possible. We should have a logic-based script editor to edit camera views.
You have to know that camera values are different between DP and HGSS.

We can change the scripts. If something is possible on Gen V, it will be also possible on Gen IV. The Nintendo DS just execute the scripts.

XxBestOnXx
February 7th, 2013, 11:47 AM
No more news...
1 Month is passed :P

Team Fail
February 7th, 2013, 03:05 PM
No more news...
1 Month is passed :P

He's still working on it. He's just not posting about updates yet.

xalien95
February 12th, 2013, 03:32 AM
When will be possibile to add and remove tilesets? There are two buttons in the tileset editor but at the moment they don't work. I really need those! *--*

Spiky-Eared Pichu
February 12th, 2013, 04:28 AM
When will be possibile to add and remove tilesets? There are two buttons in the tileset editor but at the moment they don't work. I really need those! *--*

The tileset number isn't something that depends on the amount of files in a NARC, like trainers or maps, but on an internal value hardcoded in the game's code. I haven't been able to find it yet, that's why the feature doesn't work.

However, I have great news for you. DPPt scripts are done 100%, and now I'm fighting a bit with HGSS'. Even if they are all games of the same generation, many commands change between versions, so I've been forced to two separate parsers. I'd say HGSS scripts are 60%, but I can't confirm it, because sometimes fixing a command breaks a working one. It's really hard to get everything working properly.

xalien95
February 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I hate this error XD
I don't know how to solve in the right way.

[2013-02-12 T14:43:53]
Warning: No material on node "Model"
Warning: No material on node "polygon1_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_gr"
Warning: No material on node "polygon10_"
Warning: No material on node "default_01"
Warning: No material on node "polygon8_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_02"
Warning: No material on node "polygon12_"
Warning: No material on node "default_03"
Warning: No material on node "polygon3_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_04"
Warning: No material on node "polygon9_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_05"
Warning: No material on node "polygon11_"
Warning: No material on node "polygon17_"
Warning: No material on node "default_07"
Warning: No material on node "polygon4_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_08"
Warning: No material on node "polygon5_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_09"
Warning: No material on node "polygon15_"
Warning: No material on node "polygon14_"
Warning: No material on node "default_11"
Warning: No material on node "polygon16_"
Warning: No material on node "default_12"
Warning: No material on node "polygon13_"
Warning: No material on node "default_13"
Warning: No material on node "polygon2_p"
Warning: No material on node "default_14"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass01_"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "cliff1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower01"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_d"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "slope1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "fence_b1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower2"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_g"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_u"
Warning: The number of matrices for displaying this model is over 31. 193

VERGUNDAI
February 13th, 2013, 09:02 PM
The tileset number isn't something that depends on the amount of files in a NARC, like trainers or maps, but on an internal value hardcoded in the game's code. I haven't been able to find it yet, that's why the feature doesn't work.

However, I have great news for you. DPPt scripts are done 100%, and now I'm fighting a bit with HGSS'. Even if they are all games of the same generation, many commands change between versions, so I've been forced to two separate parsers. I'd say HGSS scripts are 60%, but I can't confirm it, because sometimes fixing a command breaks a working one. It's really hard to get everything working properly.

That's true, but hey keep up the goodwork!

I hate this error XD

Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass01_"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "cliff1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower01"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_d"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "slope1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "fence_b1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "flower2"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "road1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "grass1"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_r"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "wall01_g"
Warning: Exported material is not NITRO standard or NITRO morpher and will be set to default parameters: "tree01_u"

Umm... are you using 3DS Max 6?

xalien95
February 13th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Umm... are you using 3DS Max 6?
I'm using 3DS Max 8 :S
I've done the model in blender from scratch and then I textured it in Blender.

VERGUNDAI
February 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I've done the model in blender from scratch and then I textured it in Blender.

If your using the tools from PlatinumLucario's torrent then there is a Nitro plugin for Photoshop which can turn the textures on your model into 16 colors nitro form. ( this will help some of the other warnings.)

Platinum Lucario
February 14th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I hate this error XD

The Warning message pretty much tells you what is wrong. It's simply because the materials on the objects is not set to NITRO Standard, it must be set to NITRO Standard in order to work. ;)

To change it, click the Materials button, click where it says "Standard" and in the list you should find "NITRO Standard", select that and then after that... select Bitmap and use the picture you'd like to use to assign to the Material. Make sure that the Show Materials button is selected so you can see it.

Team Fail
February 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM

You should use 3DS Max 6, which is what the plugins were developed for. If you use a plugin with a different version than it was made for will break some parts of the plugin, or the plugin simply will not work at all.

GoGoJJTech
February 15th, 2013, 03:32 AM
I'm getting the same error as tajaros
Im using xp also.

The tool itself opens.
Then I click open
go to my rom and it says the error tajaros got and it closes itself
Its not just one but it happens to hg,ss,pt,d,p

Platinum Lucario
February 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I'm getting the same error as tajaros
Im using xp also.

The tool itself opens.
Then I click open
go to my rom and it says the error tajaros got and it closes itself
Its not just one but it happens to hg,ss,pt,d,p

This is simply because you haven't got the .NET Framework installed. You need to install every version of .NET Framework prior to 4.0 then install .NET Framework 4.0, otherwise the application won't open at all. ;)

You can download the .NET Framework versions from the Microsoft website.

Team Fail
February 15th, 2013, 06:55 PM
This is simply because you haven't got the .NET Framework installed. You need to install every version of .NET Framework prior to 4.0 then install .NET Framework 4.0, otherwise the application won't open at all. ;)

You can download the .NET Framework versions from the Microsoft website.

You don't have to install any previous versions. Just get 4.0 and you're good to go.

Nikolai Fox
February 16th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Any word on a release date with the script editor Spiky? Been eagerly watching this thread as I've been looking forward to proper script editing in HG/SS for ever.

Also, will this map editor be like Gen 3, where you can make new areas just by placing tiles, or do all new maps have to be made in a 3d model editor?

Platinum Lucario
February 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Also, will this map editor be like Gen 3, where you can make new areas just by placing tiles, or do all new maps have to be made in a 3d model editor?

Well, to put it mildly... the only thing that works in the same way as Generation III is the movement permissions, where they have square-by-square movement, as for maps... you have to create the maps through an object editing program, I'd recommend using 3ds Max 6, 7 or 8 with the Nitro plugin, or even Maya 7 with the Nitro plugin for Maya 7. 'Cause you see... the game uses 3D models, unlike the games on the GBA where they just used only parts of textures to create maps.

Pokewiz000
February 17th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Why not support chinese? I can help mack it...

VERGUNDAI
February 17th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Why not support chinese? I can help mack it...

Yea, I thought about that too, if you can help then maybe Spiky will give you the files that needs to be edited.

Pokewiz000
February 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Yea, I thought about that too, if you can help then maybe Spiky will give you the files that needs to be edited.

Yes, Spiky give me the Translation Files I need :knockedou

VERGUNDAI
February 18th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yes, Spiky give me the Translation Files I need :knockedou

Was there a chinese release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

I was only able to find Japanese and Korean...

Platinum Lucario
February 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Was there a chinese release of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

I was only able to find Japanese and Korean...

I don't think so, a very few Nintendo DS games were ever released under the iQue brand. But yeah, it would be great if this tool had Chinese support, then people could also make their own localizations of the games.

VERGUNDAI
February 18th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Here is an update for Littleroot Town by me:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5951/something.bmp
but for some reason other maps i insert has a different height level. I wonder if it's because of the terrain editor.

Pike15
February 19th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Here is an update for Littleroot Town by me:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5951/something.bmp
but for some reason other maps i insert has a different height level. I wonder if it's because of the terrain editor.

Have you complete all maps so all you have to is insert them??

VERGUNDAI
February 19th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Have you complete all maps so all you have to is insert them??

I've only completed editing all the maps up to Petalburg City, I'm still having a hard time inserting other maps, and I must restart on some because I have to use the same maps with the same terrains so my map connections aren't messed up or bugged.

Pike15
February 19th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I've only completed editing all the maps up to Petalburg City, I'm still having a hard time inserting other maps, and I must restart on some because I have to use the same maps with the same terrains so my map connections aren't messed up or bugged.

Well but its still awsome. And i question i have. Is it able to make a full hoenn remake with the hack tools we got so far??

Cooldudepoke
February 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Hello, i don't know if i've ever posted on these forums before but I do have a suggestion for this tool.

Couldn't you make it work like advancemap by having predefined tiles/models such as tall grass, trees, etc. that is placed like with gba mapping and then have it combine all the models into one .obj and then convert it(or make a converter)?

--------------------------------------

Also I know how to export and import the maps correctly but I don't know how to actually model them in sketchup. My friend showed me how to use sketchup, but I don't know how to model without screwing up the map. For example when I tried to model littleroot town from twinleaf i deleted the fences painted the flowers and sand to be grass, added trees, etc. it looked fine in the editor except for it looked like it had issues on "No textures" mode where some things looked like they had holes or something and entering the map in game resulted in a crash saying something about "Invalid GX command ########" where # are random numbers and the message wouldn't stop popping up until i closed the emu itself.(No$Gba). Any help would be appreciated.

Also Spiky, do you have skype, it would be easier for asking questions.

Thanks for the tool :)

Edit: Another suggestion that is important is map connections but you probably already have it planned :P

xalien95
February 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Couldn't you make it work like advancemap by having predefined tiles/models such as tall grass, trees, etc. that is placed like with gba mapping and then have it combine all the models into one .obj and then convert it(or make a converter)?
I hate this idea.. a lot of useless work and impossibile to realize.
Each tree isn't made of one model, all trees are a single model with larger and smaller faces: you cannot copy-past trees in that model without create new faces with different lenghts (and texture them). The same for grass, cliffs, etc...

Team Fail
February 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Edit: Another suggestion that is important is map connections but you probably already have it planned :P

Hate to rain on your parade, but that was one of the first things implemented. That's accomplished by editing your map matrix.

GoGoJJTech
February 23rd, 2013, 08:13 PM

Cant wait for this remake of ruby and sapphire you got planed.
Do you plan on music hacking too? Or will the dive feature be implemented?

Spiky-Eared Pichu
February 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

Thanks for your support, enjoy the picture!

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/4668/sdsmefrenchb2.png

VERGUNDAI
February 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

OMG what a beauty!!! Thanks Spiky for sharing this..... :)

Hacker Bisharp
February 25th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Finally an update! Great! Can't wait for the next release!

Pike15
February 25th, 2013, 05:52 AM

Wow awsome to see you´re still working on this

Platinum Lucario
February 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM

Now this would be excellent and would make life alot more easier with doing scripts for the games, knowing that it's currently only possible by doing it manually and using a LUA script to find out it's location in order to find out where it is.

I'm looking forward to the next version! Best of luck to you, Marc! ^^

xalien95
February 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I want it now!!!
I've downloaded maya and now I "could" make model animations (I hope)!!!

Platinum Lucario
February 26th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I want it now!!!
I've downloaded maya and now I "could" make model animations (I hope)!!!

As long as you've got Maya 7.0 along with the Nintendo NITRO-System plugins for it, then you're good to develop models and export them as .imd (Nitro Intermediate Format). Then converting it with g3dcvtr.exe and importing them with SDSME, which can already be achieved... though I'm not sure about the animations of the models though.

Lugiaz Soul
February 26th, 2013, 03:56 PM
That looks so good! I'm really now just waiting for a RSE remake. That will be so awesome!

xalien95
February 27th, 2013, 02:13 AM
As long as you've got Maya 7.0 along with the Nintendo NITRO-System plugins for it, then you're good to develop models and export them as .imd (Nitro Intermediate Format). Then converting it with g3dcvtr.exe and importing them with SDSME, which can already be achieved... though I'm not sure about the animations of the models though.
Yeah, I have Maya 6.0 and the Nitro plugins. I made an arceus model (not animated atm) to replace the white kyurem one in the Pokémon White 2 splash screen (title screen).
But the nsbmd of arceus has different size (byte size) than the kyurem one and if I replace it all the narcs above will be moved down causing rom crash. XD

To do animated nitro system binary models you need only to export also the animation (.ica) with the maya nitro plugins.

Team Fail
February 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Yeah, I have Maya 6.0 and the Nitro plugins. I made an arceus model (not animated atm) to replace the white kyurem one in the Pokémon White 2 splash screen (title screen).
But the nsbmd of arceus has different size (byte size) than the kyurem one and if I replace it all the narcs above will be moved down causing rom crash. XD

To do animated nitro system binary models you need only to export also the animation (.ica) with the maya nitro plugins.

If you use ndstool to break apart the rom by it's filesystem, you can replace any file regardless of it's size, then use the tool to rebuild the rom.

Chaos Rush
February 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Actually there's some other steps you have to do, but I'm not quite sure of what. If you do exactly what you said, then the model when you import it into SDSME will look all weird and have blank textures.

RockeTODAMoon
February 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Awesome progress man!
I hope you will be online soon on Skype, I've alot to talk about :D

Spiky-Eared Pichu
February 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Awesome progress man!
I hope you will be online soon on Skype, I've alot to talk about :D

I've been offline this week because of a small vacation, now I'm back working on SDSME. Today I finished implementing the German strings into the tool, which makes it already available in 5 languages. I hope this version will be awesome for you all.

By the way, I've seen today an early OBJ->NSBMD converter that does the trick without plugins or anything else. I think this may open DS hacking to even more people :)

pitoflauta
March 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM
I've been offline this week because of a small vacation, now I'm back working on SDSME. Today I finished implementing the German strings into the tool, which makes it already available in 5 languages. I hope this version will be awesome for you all.

By the way, I've seen today an early OBJ->NSBMD converter that does the trick without plugins or anything else. I think this may open DS hacking to even more people :)

I´m sorry for asking you, but could you say me where? because i have the models but i can´t convert them into nsbmd, it´s the only problem I have tto create my game.

thanks for all, and I am waiting for the update too :D

Nyndyll
March 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
I'm viewing the list of internal names of the maps in pokemon platinum and don't know which is which. Is there a way I could change the names to the ones you see in the game?

Spiky-Eared Pichu
March 3rd, 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm viewing the list of internal names of the maps in pokemon platinum and don't know which is which. Is there a way I could change the names to the ones you see in the game?

Of course you can change them, as long as the name doesn't exceed 16 characters. Also, keep in mind it's only for the game you are editing, not for every game you open since editing the names :)

EDIT: Version 1.7.0 is now available for download. It introduces the script viewer, and most importantly, Gen V support. Other minor additions and fixes have been done as well, like a new coordinate system in the buildings editor, a trainer class editor or a sound file list. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Cooldudepoke
March 5th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Yay, Downloading 1.7.0 Now =)

Edit: Loading HGSS crashes the program :/

GoGoJJTech
March 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Me too people! Im downloading it

Spiky-Eared Pichu
March 5th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Yay, Downloading 1.7.0 Now =)

Edit: Loading HGSS crashes the program :/

It's not HGSS, it's Windows. Sometimes it blocks access to ROM files, and SDSME shows an error because it can't write them. I'll do my best to fix that as soon as possible, but until then the only solution is to close the tool and reopen it.

Also, to all gen V hackers, don't be scared by long loading times. BW are 256 MB in size, and B2W2 are 512 MB, which is a lot of data to read and write. It'll eventually load, don't worry :)

Cooldudepoke
March 5th, 2013, 03:47 PM
It's not HGSS, it's Windows. Sometimes it blocks access to ROM files, and SDSME shows an error because it can't write them. I'll do my best to fix that as soon as possible, but until then the only solution is to close the tool and reopen it.

Also, to all gen V hackers, don't be scared by long loading times. BW are 256 MB in size, and B2W2 are 512 MB, which is a lot of data to read and write. It'll eventually load, don't worry :)

Just tried it. It crashed again. Okay maybe not "crashed" but it gives an error which I will post below and says continue or quit:

at WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.openToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

mscorlib
SDSME
Assembly Version: 1.7.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18037 built by: FX45RTMGDR
System.Drawing
System
Tao.Platform.Windows
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Tao.OpenGl
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
WindowsBase

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Also where did you get your list of scripts from?
As I'm working on a script editor, you seem to have more command names then me. I got my list from these forums pichu2000 I think... but alot of the commands from there end up like "unknown###" in my editor since they aren't on the list :|

HyperXhydra
March 5th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I actually don't know how to edit maps... maybe a tutorial would help,
can you make the program easier to use like advance map in the next update?
I would appreciate that.

VERGUNDAI
March 5th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I actually don't know how to edit maps... maybe a tutorial would help,
can you make the program easier to use like advance map in the next update?
I would appreciate that.

PokeShinySilver made an awesome tutorial update, please feel free to go check it out in he forums tutorial.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
March 6th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Just tried it. It crashed again. Okay maybe not "crashed" but it gives an error which I will post below and says continue or quit:

As I'm working on a script editor, you seem to have more command names then me. I got my list from these forums pichu2000 I think... but alot of the commands from there end up like "unknown###" in my editor since they aren't on the list :|

I'm really sorry for that bug, I've noticed a typo in the loading code that probably broke HGSS support since previous versions of the tool. Now it's fixed and up again, just redownload the file from the same link and it'll work fine.

The script list was partially made by me by hand, that's why the version took so long to release. I first used PPRE's source code as a base for commands, then fixed some commands with Pichu2000's, and finally made a lot of work myself trying different combinations of commands until everything worked as expected. That means some commands may not be 100% correct, so if any of you sees something weird while reading scripts or has a command name suggestion (specially for unnamed commands), I'll be pleased to hear advice from you :)

GoGoJJTech
March 6th, 2013, 01:46 PM

mscorlib
SDSME
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18037 built by: FX45RTMGDR
System.Drawing
System
Tao.Platform.Windows
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Tao.OpenGl
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Matthieu/My%20Modding/Pokemon/NDS/SDSME170/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
WindowsBase

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Im getting the same error here.

Team Fail
March 6th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Well, with the latest SDSME, I decided to have some fun.

http://i.imgur.com/Z40JoPW.jpg

gatarda
March 7th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Well, with the latest SDSME, I decided to have some fun.

http://i.imgur.com/Z40JoPW.jpg

That's pretty cool! I'm going to download the latest version!

VERGUNDAI
March 9th, 2013, 09:34 AM
You can also import maps from BW/BW2 into the 4th gen games! Approved by me!

Team Fail
March 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
You can also import maps from BW/BW2 into the 4th gen games! Approved by me!

You can, but you'd also have to import the textures into the game.

VERGUNDAI
March 9th, 2013, 09:58 AM
You can, but you'd also have to import the textures into the game.

Yeah, for people who want to import maps and textures from BW/BW2 this is optional, the only hard part is that BW maps are more difficult to edit. Rather than the easy 4th Gen maps..

Check out what i did for the past 30 Minutes of my life...
I also wonder if we could use the Bell tower on BW/BW2 for Spear Pillar
RP4WTcq2lSQ

Chaos Rush
March 10th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Does anyone know what would be the best program for actual map model editing? Maya 7 always gives me ugly-looking results when I convert from obj-->imd-->nsbmd-->SDSME, and 3DS Max 6 isn't an option for me because I have Windows 7. Currently, is actual map model editing impossible for Windows 7 users?

gatarda
March 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
This thread must never be closed. There are always people with new ideas.

Michielleus
March 17th, 2013, 01:14 AM
The script editing function looks nice- will actual script editing be possible in the next version?

I hope so, because then I can finally edit all things that ppre couldn't without freezing the game.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
March 17th, 2013, 02:00 AM
The script editing function looks nice- will actual script editing be possible in the next version?

I hope so, because then I can finally edit all things that ppre couldn't without freezing the game.

Version 1.8.0 will introduce scripts and missing features in Gen V in the same manner as 1.7.0 did for Gen IV. Script editing won't be possible until 1.9.0, and for 2.0.0 I'm planning something huge :)

gatarda
March 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Version 1.8.0 will introduce scripts and missing features in Gen V in the same manner as 1.7.0 did for Gen IV. Script editing won't be possible until 1.9.0, and for 2.0.0 I'm planning something huge :)

I have noticed that maps with curved tiles and rotating camera, like Castelia City, Gear Station and Skyarrow Bridge, haven't movement permissions. Maybe, there is a way to fix that. I assume that the move permissions on maps like these a programmed as events.

Master-Pixel
March 18th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Hey, Spiky :)
Erm, I've been trying to use your tool, but to no avail - changing the model of a building doesn't seem to want to work for me, and the program pops up with this message:

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt16. ---> System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.
at System.Decimal.ToUInt32(Decimal d)
at System.Decimal.ToUInt16(Decimal value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Decimal.ToUInt16(Decimal value)
at Map_Converter.Form2.button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

mscorlib
SDSME
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Rhyan/Desktop/SDSME/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Rhyan/Desktop/SDSME/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Rhyan/Desktop/SDSME/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Rhyan/Desktop/SDSME/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

This is on all (U) Rom's (DP,Plt,HGSS,BW,BW2)

Spiky-Eared Pichu
March 18th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Hey, Spiky :)
Erm, I've been trying to use your tool, but to no avail - changing the model of a building doesn't seem to want to work for me, and the program pops up with this message:

This is on all (U) Rom's (DP,Plt,HGSS,BW,BW2)

I wasn't aware of that bug, so thank you very much. I've been able to fix it, and it'll be available for you in the next version. I have also fixed a really bad bug in the matrix editor that prevented matrices from saving correctly in all games. Yesterday I got BW scripts working 95% too, which only leaves me B2W2 scripts after finishing the BW ones :)

Master-Pixel
March 18th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I wasn't aware of that bug, so thank you very much. I've been able to fix it, and it'll be available for you in the next version. I have also fixed a really bad bug in the matrix editor that prevented matrices from saving correctly in all games. Yesterday I got BW scripts working 95% too, which only leaves me B2W2 scripts after finishing the BW ones :)

Wow, that was quick!
Glad I could help.
Wish I knew I how to do half of the things that you do; it's incredible...

I was also going to ask; can theses games be put onto a flashcart? I just wondered due to them being hacked on the rom; rather then being unable to when making a game within Pokemon Essentials or the like.

Trifindo
March 21st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks a lot for your tool Spiky, it is awesome!
I have edited some maps and the results are good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObkWElhyKY8&list=UUqmrpUDHWBUrwskKMr_aI_w&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivTPCTDV0Q8&list=UUqmrpUDHWBUrwskKMr_aI_w&index=1

Are you working on (*.bdhc) files? I think that editing terrain settings is really important to create a hack.
Please continue with your project you are the best!

Pike15
March 21st, 2013, 10:16 AM
Can anyone please tell me which is the best program to edit maps with i have tried sketchup and it was not so good

BenGames,Films, and More!
March 23rd, 2013, 03:56 AM
Can you export tilesets? I am trying to make a tileset for RMXP.

gatarda
March 23rd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Can you export tilesets? I am trying to make a tileset for RMXP.

Yes. You can export tilesets.
I wonder about you can import BW tilesets in Gen 4 without any corruption.

Dradier234
March 23rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
This map editor is going to be what I am to use on my next hack! Thanks, Spiky!

UltraNerdtendo64
March 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM
For some reason, I cannot choose to edit the Wild, Train, Text or Script Editor in my Black 2 ROM. Can somebody please help? Thanks!

Platinum Lucario
March 25th, 2013, 12:13 AM
For some reason, I cannot choose to edit the Wild, Train, Text or Script Editor in my Black 2 ROM. Can somebody please help? Thanks!

This is because it's not yet possible for 5th generation ROMs yet, it is still currently under development and will be made possible in a later version.

If you really want to edit Wild Pokémon, Trainers or Text, there's other tools that have already been made for it, such as PPTXT. As for Script Editing, the only method as of now is to use LUA scripts to research by debugging values, then using a hex editor to change them, then inserting them back into the ROM, which is rather time consuming and requires alot of research into which values would the scripts do and so on. :P

Kaphotics
March 25th, 2013, 02:01 PM
This is because it's not yet possible for 5th generation ROMs yet, it is still currently under development and will be made possible in a later version.

If you really want to edit Wild Pokémon, Trainers or Text, there's other tools that have already been made for it, such as PPTXT. As for Script Editing, the only method as of now is to use LUA scripts to research by debugging values, then using a hex editor to change them, then inserting them back into the ROM, which is rather time consuming and requires alot of research into which values would the scripts do and so on. :P

I'm pretty much past the point of needing Lua scripts to figure out what script commands do, the NPRE version I edited has pretty darn good reading capability :) (parsing case commands here (http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vrkp0SN8)). Most of the remaining commands and their function can usually be determined by just looking at what the script does in game.

I actually made a Lua script to replace the active script file in-game without having to stop and edit the ROM... that's how both of my two event (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tBDVstp1hM) videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0VLebo1mnk) were made. Lua script is here (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?16634-Pokemon-B-W-Lua-scripts&p=160552&viewfull=1#post160552). Basically it just overwrites the memory with a string of hex, for a certain script #.

What sucks is that the Japanese version and International versions have different command #'s (japanese has extra/less like Change Kata/Hiragana which causes #shifting).

@UltraNerdtendo64: in the mean time~
Pokemon ROM Changer (for Wild Pokemon) here with source available (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?17426-Pokemon-ROM-Changer).
Kazo's BWTE (trainers) here (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14752-Kazo-s-B-W-Tools), source code for one of my unofficial sub edits is here (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14752-Kazo-s-B-W-Tools&p=158989&viewfull=1#post158989).
PPTXT (text editing) is here (http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11582-PPTXT-Text-editing-tool), source also available there.
Scripting is only possible with hex editing and just observing how it works with NPRE (I posted my NPRE version edited for B2W2 parsing here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7447129&postcount=216)).

xalien95
March 28th, 2013, 12:37 AM
I've tried to add a new map in BW2, adding a new nsbmd model (with textures) in a/0/1/4.narc, but in SDSME there isn't.
Some help to let me do it? eheh

XxBestOnXx
March 29th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Guys i have a problem in SDSME 1.7.0
I open the rom and I edit it, later when i finished i save the rom and i put it in my r4i...
In r4i i start it but become the white screen!
I have try to start in a emulator for pc too but later the intro the game doesn't start!
I use Pokémon Heartgold

Hacker Bisharp
March 30th, 2013, 03:13 AM
When will be the new version?

April 2nd, 2013, 04:43 AM
Anyone wanna tell me why I get this? I get it whenever I open the ROM.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
SDSME
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Desktop/Recorce%20and%20Tests/SDSME170/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Desktop/Recorce%20and%20Tests/SDSME170/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Desktop/Recorce%20and%20Tests/SDSME170/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/Desktop/Recorce%20and%20Tests/SDSME170/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

I am running .NET Framwork 4 Client Profile
AND
.NET Framework 4 Extended

Michielleus
April 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
You've got the trainer class editor wrong.

I found this when trying to make new trainer classes- some of the sprites I already edited showed up pretty weird in your editor. This is because your editor doesn't actually edit the sprites; it edits the uncompressed (thus unused/trash) version.

Anyway, here's a tutorial by Kazowar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaLJRCMsQpo) on how to edit those sprites. It also has a header remover & such in the description.

I really like the option of adding classes- not having to overwrite one. I'd love to see this in Overworld sprites/Pokemon too eventually! (But you should probably do all the other things first :P)

Keep up the great work!

Icyene
April 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hello! First off I'd like to begin this rather lengthy post by thanking you for this most excellent tool you have developed. I've been using it for the past month on a rather large project, and as expected have come across some potential usability issues and a handful of subtle bugs.

On the topic of noticed bugs:

The map renderer displays a stretched frame the first time it loads. Switching to another map and back fixes this.
Selecting multiple models in 3D building view and clicking export only exports the first (perhaps make the list have a maximum of one selected item?)
Not sure if this one has been reported yet, but if the ROM is not in the working directory of SDSME, it will fail to load it (silently).
It encounters an unexpected error at times when viewing models. If I recall, something among the lines of a specific texture not existing or whatnot. If I allow the app to continue executing, it resumes normal operation.

And on that of feature requests:

You seem to be able to decide on which tileset to use for models: would it be possible to do the same for maps? That way it would be easier to view the map with its proper colours than guessing through at least a dozen tilesets.
The model viewer displays that a model has an animation, yet does not give the option of playing the animation.
Lack of flexible model support. It can export to WaveFront OBJ andNSBMD , yet neither are really suitable for animated models. NSBMD cannot be loaded by majority of model editors, and unless you were to have a separate OBJ file for each frame of an animated model (i.e. fountain), which would be nasty and lag-inducing, there is no (current) way to achieve this. Other formats, like 3D Max's .3ds or Collada support animation by (IIRC) vertex deltas per frame.
Adding onto my last point, its rather painful to attempt to export all models in a ROM for bulk editing. Perhaps an option to export to something other than the NDS building format in the "Export All" menu? I reckon it would be most efficient if it created a new folder for each model, as to avoid conflicts between texture file names.
If not, than at least storing "preferences" in a temporary file or a %appdata% entry containing last-used options. This would be useful in scenarios where multiple files need to be exported in something other than NSBMD, so that the user would not have to click on the dropdown to select an alternate option for every single model.
Also on the topic of 3D support, I noted a lack of movement capabilities of the model camera. You can move in and out, yes, but from then on its not a large deal to implement a fully movable camera (just a few glRotatef and glTranslatef OpenGL calls). A fully working example with source code can be found here (https://github.com/OskarVeerhoek/YouTube-tutorials/blob/master/src/utility/EulerCamera.java). Yes, it is in Java, but then again Java and C# are much alike. More so when three-quarters of the code is just math and OGL calls.

Regardless, great piece of software! Keep it up!

April 3rd, 2013, 05:07 AM
When will be the new version?

When he decides to release it :/

WeavileCY
April 3rd, 2013, 05:45 AM
Wow, thanks a lot! :) If it downloads successfully then I will try and make a Pokemon Emerald remake for DS! I love game editing! I will be sure to try and make it as authentic as possible - detail is key! I have a two week holiday to kill and I think that this will be a fun challenge, thanks Spikey!

Pokewiz000
April 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Hi, Spiky!
Can you give me your e-mail by Messages?
I want to send Chinese translation to you .

VERGUNDAI
April 9th, 2013, 09:06 PM
This might stir up new ideas for People around the world I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUcEL2BWNl8

Wow, thanks a lot! :) If it downloads successfully then I will try and make a Pokemon Emerald remake for DS! I love game editing! I will be sure to try and make it as authentic as possible - detail is key! I have a two week holiday to kill and I think that this will be a fun challenge, thanks Spikey!

Since, I'm making BlazeRuby, and Team Fail is making AquaSapphire, you add-on is awesome, most of us all mikelan98 is making the Magma Ruby and Sapphire Aqua in his version.

I'm releasing the demo, after I make my video, and I still need some script files from Team Fail.
Plus, Spiky's doing a great job, atm all we need is building bug fixed....

Pike15
April 10th, 2013, 12:59 PM
So when could we expect a demo??

Platinum Lucario
April 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
So when could we expect a demo??

When it arrives. There's absolutely no telling when it will be, after all... I'm sure it's going to be amazing. It could be anytime in the future, I'm sure it's going amazing. ^^

I'm looking forward to researching many of it's script data and seeing how it works and stuff like that, and surely even if we already have PPTXT, we'll be seeing a text editor as well in which can add in new strings. ;)

Watz
April 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I'm having problems to make the program work. After editing some trainers and saved the rom I was unable to play it. I realized that the size of the .nds original was 131,072 kb and the moded 123,927 kb. Then I tested something, I opened sdsme, open rom, then without doing anything, save rom, and again the size is 123,927 kb, and I was again unable to play it even though i changed nothing to that rom. So the problem is: when I save the rom it stops working. I was using Heart Gold if it helps.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
April 12th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I'm having problems to make the program work. After editing some trainers and saved the rom I was unable to play it. I realized that the size of the .nds original was 131,072 kb and the moded 123,927 kb. Then I tested something, I opened sdsme, open rom, then without doing anything, save rom, and again the size is 123,927 kb, and I was again unable to play it even though i changed nothing to that rom. So the problem is: when I save the rom it stops working. I was using Heart Gold if it helps.

The size change is completely normal, ndstool trims dummy data automatically. However, if the game really gets stuck in a white screen before the Gamefreak logo, I think you got a faulty ROM. SDSME decompresses the arm9 from HGSS but doesn't compress it again because it's not necessary, so it's also normal for the game to load a bit slower. Wait for about 15 seconds, and if it still doesn't do anything, try with another ROM.

By the way, today I managed to break through the Gen V text encryption system. While PPTXT is able to edit Gen V texts and is open source, it uses a workaround for encryption, hence why it can't add new strings to text files. However, by comparing encrypted data and temporal keys I found out the encryption system is based on an arithmetic progression (pretty simple). Get ready for full text editing in SDSME! :)

Watz
April 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
The size change is completely normal, ndstool trims dummy data automatically. However, if the game really gets stuck in a white screen before the Gamefreak logo, I think you got a faulty ROM. SDSME decompresses the arm9 from HGSS but doesn't compress it again because it's not necessary, so it's also normal for the game to load a bit slower. Wait for about 15 seconds, and if it still doesn't do anything, try with another ROM.

I tried with two differents EUR roms and one US and nothing. It gets stuck on the "now loading" menu of the flashcard, I waited over 10 minutes doing something else while loading. It's a problem of the flashcard or should I try with more differents roms?

Wesley FG
April 12th, 2013, 04:18 PM
A silly question but I am not able to do in any way, as I rotate the buildings in 3d? I just get closer and stay away, but I can not as the video rotate the object.

PS: NICE TOOL

Team Fail
April 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
A silly question but I am not able to do in any way, as I rotate the buildings in 3d? I just get closer and stay away, but I can not as the video rotate the object.

PS: NICE TOOL

Use the WASD keys on your keyboard ;D

Spiky-Eared Pichu
April 13th, 2013, 02:19 AM
I tried with two differents EUR roms and one US and nothing. It gets stuck on the "now loading" menu of the flashcard, I waited over 10 minutes doing something else while loading. It's a problem of the flashcard or should I try with more differents roms?

Sounds like a problem with the flashcart. If it were the ROM, it would get stuck after loading it, not while it loads. Also, if it works on an emulator but not in your flashcart, then I'm sure it's your flashcart.

Watz
April 13th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Sounds like a problem with the flashcart. If it were the ROM, it would get stuck after loading it, not while it loads. Also, if it works on an emulator but not in your flashcart, then I'm sure it's your flashcart.

Yep, it works on an emulator, so it's the flashcart problem, too bad since I prefer playing in the NDS than in the computer.

Maleficusu
April 15th, 2013, 03:47 AM
I'm feeling very behind the curve here but I want to learn how to use the map editor so I can start building new maps from scratch. Is there an actual tutorial on how to use the editor? When I open the rom I see all the amazing options to change scripts, etc etc, however I don't know what script belongs to who and I don't understand how to add and modify the map. (It does look similar to adv map from gen 3 however so that's a plus)

Thanks in advance.

8hachi8
April 15th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I'm feeling very behind the curve here but I want to learn how to use the map editor so I can start building new maps from scratch. Is there an actual tutorial on how to use the editor? When I open the rom I see all the amazing options to change scripts, etc etc, however I don't know what script belongs to who and I don't understand how to add and modify the map. (It does look similar to adv map from gen 3 however so that's a plus)

Thanks in advance.

I agree with you.
I want to try to make my own ROM (I would make a team to help me,but in the summer I won't have internet connection) and I need to learn how to use the tool (and is it possible to add items to the map?I want to add some items in the map.)

ExeTheTyphlosion
April 15th, 2013, 05:28 AM
You are awesome! I'm trying to make a hack, but it'll be terrible.
Now I can finally make Pokemon Legends version

dannyboy941
April 24th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I have a questen to adding mapheader id on Pokemon Diamond.
But why get the game a problem if i use fly to somewhere is get every time to jublife city on black area give a way to fix this for adding new mapheaders id ?

XxBestOnXx
April 25th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Gotcha!
I have found the overworld of the pokemon and the trainers in Pokémon Black!

Spiky-Eared Pichu
May 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
New updates coming! I know version 1.8.0 is taking long, but I'm doing my best to balance both generations in the tool so they have the same features. Today I finished writing the saving code for Gen IV scripts, and it works like a charm. Saving is a bit slower than reading, but it depends on the amount of scripts and functions and the command extension. The progress bar will animate when saving so you'll know when the tool is working.

Also, about a week ago I implemented support for Gen V buildings, including both the building editor and the list. This is how it looks like:

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/7484/bwab000.png

Thanks for your support, I hope to release this new version very soon! :)

Hacker Bisharp
May 12th, 2013, 01:01 AM
New updates coming! I know version 1.8.0 is taking long, but I'm doing my best to balance both generations in the tool so they have the same features. Today I finished writing the saving code for Gen IV scripts, and it works like a charm. Saving is a bit slower than reading, but it depends on the amount of scripts and functions and the command extension. The progress bar will animate when saving so you'll know when the tool is working.

Also, about a week ago I implemented support for Gen V buildings, including both the building editor and the list. This is how it looks like:

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/7484/bwab000.png

Thanks for your support, I hope to release this new version very soon! :)
Thank goodness an update! Now I feel more confident, keep it up!

BlacknYellowHD
May 20th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Good luck. I hope Gen 5 Map Hacking is supported soon, too.

Platinum Lucario
May 20th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Good luck. I hope Gen 5 Map Hacking is supported soon, too.

It already is in the latest version, which is 1.7.0. You can change the map model, headers, tilesets and movement permissions, but you can't change buildings yet. That will be in the next version. ;)

GoGoJJTech
May 22nd, 2013, 02:34 AM
Yyyyeeeaaaahhhhhhh...
I still cant use this tool, it opens the tool, but upon opening a rom the computer freezes, and gives an error, then the tool just closes itself, and comp is fine. Then it says ndsmeclosed suddenly, sorry if you lost anything, the usual message. Im using XP
wow, this is not how i wanted my 150th post to look...

gatarda
May 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
Windows XP is a bit LáááGGY... Certainly if you a have lack of working memory [RAM], which is often the issue by old computers. If you use Windows 7 with a 600+ GB hard drive, everything will work fine, until 100 years later, when all space is used.

Okiesmokie
May 25th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Is there any chance you would release the source code to this tool? I'm very interested in how you accomplished a lot of these things.

rYuz4ki
May 27th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Hey guys, are there any substitute programs to convert .obj files to .imd if I can't find Maya 7? I have every other file to export and import maps into the game, so it's frustrating to get stuck this close. Thanks in advance.

VERGUNDAI
May 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Hey guys, are there any substitute programs to convert .obj files to .imd if I can't find Maya 7? I have every other file to export and import maps into the game, so it's frustrating to get stuck this close. Thanks in advance.

i thought the new mkds fixed this.... guess not, or maybe i read something wrong...

rYuz4ki
May 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Turns out it's in their current or upcoming beta release. I only just found that out.

andibad
May 28th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Is there any chance you would release the source code to this tool? I'm very interested in how you accomplished a lot of these things.

yeah i still interesting about that, but for now i not shocked what he did. but this tools is need re-organize on coding. but is still awesome :D

joexv
May 28th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Omg thank you so much!!!! now i can have fun on the newer roms!! Mwuahahahahahahahahhahah!!!!!!

gatarda
May 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM
i thought the new mkds fixed this.... guess not, or maybe i read something wrong...

Spiky said to me that he will write a converting program, maybe. He isn't sure that he will do that, so don't rely on that. It would be very good from him if he do that.

gatarda
June 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have a question, because I have seen this picture: http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/file/pic/photo/2012/09/5056da66a2ac705b9af4e577cea20caa_500.png
It's from late September, and it's posted by Team Fail. They said that it is your tool, and I found it nearly after it was posted. I see that you can view the entire map on the screen. This must be one of your beta stages, but I have missed this.
What was this nice feature, and are you planning to reinsert this awesome stuff in a next beta? It would be very cool.

pokemontouroku
June 2nd, 2013, 01:09 AM
.youtube.com/watch?v=UiftyCeTuog

Please watch this.I want to fix Textures.

Someone Tell me!! :)

Yoshi is very cute :P

Spiky-Eared Pichu
June 2nd, 2013, 03:06 AM
I have a question, because I have seen this picture: http://www.romhackersonline.com/social/file/pic/photo/2012/09/5056da66a2ac705b9af4e577cea20caa_500.png
It's from late September, and it's posted by Team Fail. Thay said that it is your tool, and I found it nearly after it was posted. I see that you can view the entire map on the screen. This must be one of your beta stages, but I have missed this.
What was this nice feature, and are you planning to reinsert this awesome stuff in a next beta? It would be very cool.

That's not SDSME, and it never was like that (but I wish it were). That's a map matrix viewer someone else made.

I have been looking for a better way to display matrices, and the only good result I ever got was a window that showed all the move permissions at once. However, it was slow, and HGSS sometimes crashed it. Showing multiple maps or at least buildings in 3D may be considered for a big version like 2.0.0, but it would take sometime as I'd have to write a new rendering code from scratch :)

gatarda
June 2nd, 2013, 07:09 AM
@Spiky-Eared-Pichu (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=204152) That sounds cool. I am wondering what there will be in 2.0.0 ("Something Huge"). It certainly sounds really good for 2.0.0: Viewing all 3D model maps around the selected one, using the pointers and headers with the Matrix Viewer, and visible buildings on the overworld. We should ask Team Fail about the tool.

Trifindo
June 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
.youtube.com/watch?v=UiftyCeTuog

Please watch this.I want to fix Textures.

Someone Tell me!! :)

Yoshi is very cute :P

Really good map! I thank that you must use a different emulator like DeSmuME and change the renderer in config/ 3D settings. (Open GL 3.2 is nice)

On the other hand, did you edited the .bdhc files?

Good luck!!

pokemontouroku
June 3rd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Really good map! I thank that you must use a different emulator like DeSmuME and change the renderer in config/ 3D settings. (Open GL 3.2 is nice)

On the other hand, did you edited the .bdhc files?

Good luck!!

Thank you for your commments.

I could fix textures by using NO$GBA. I did't edit the .bdhc files.

I imported it from the other maps.I'm sorry I wasn't up to your expectation.

I could make simple textures animation.Please watch this.:P

.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dCuOK_8H4

Trifindo
June 4th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Thank you for your commments.

I could fix textures by using NO$GBA. I did't edit the .bdhc files.

I imported it from the other maps.I'm sorry I wasn't up to your expectation.

I could make simple textures animation.Please watch this.:P

.youtube.com/watch?v=O0dCuOK_8H4

Oh! Well I think we will be able to edit the .bdhc files in the future! ^_^

Good animation system! ;)

Trifindo
June 8th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Hi Spiky! I have a problem with the buiding editor:
I use the SDSME170 and when I want to edit the position or any setting of a buiding, I got this error and I can´t edit the building:

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4166/errorbuildings.png

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4166/errorbuildings.png

I can´t edit buildings in DP, Platinium or HGSS.

Michielleus
June 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I believe Spiky was already aware of that problem. You can actually edit them, but they have to be at a certain position. To be exact, the position can't be a negative value. (Sometimes you'll see the X of a position be -7. If you save that one, it'll crash.)
I think it's fixed in 1.8

Trifindo
June 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I believe Spiky was already aware of that problem. You can actually edit them, but they have to be at a certain position. To be exact, the position can't be a negative value. (Sometimes you'll see the X of a position be -7. If you save that one, it'll crash.)
I think it's fixed in 1.8

Thanks for comment, but I have the same problem with other settings: when I change the Model Index to 23 or 25 (instead of 24) I got the same message.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
June 14th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I'm planning to release 1.8.0 next week. However, it's been impossible to finish B2W2 scripts, so they will be disabled for now (like in 1.7.0). The other games (BW included) will have script reading and saving support. I have also fixed lots of bugs and added some new features, specially for the Gen V games. I have changed some code in the background too, which will make direct NSBTX editing possible.

Thanks for your support!

gatarda
June 14th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Wow! Sounds good. You don't have to bring 1.8 out next week, which means that it isn't complete. Feel free to complete it, you don't need to hurry.

Team Fail
June 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I'm really excited to see direct .nsbtx editing. It'll make editing a ton easier.

Also, right as of now, you can pinch to zoom on 3D models in the viewers, however, click-drag rotation doesn't seem to work as they are only mapped to WASD. Would you be able to add that for people using touchscreens, or even for people with mice, so you can click on the model and rotate it?

Trifindo
June 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Thanks a lot Spiky!
I will be waiting for this new version! ;)
Only a question: ¿does 1.8 version support .nsbmd importing for buildings?

Platinum Lucario
June 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Don't worry Marc, you don't have to release version 1.8.0 next week. Just take your time and try and get the things you need to complete for what you originally planned for in version 1.8.0. ^^

But even if you decide to release 1.8.0 next week, that's fine. I'm sure I wouldn't mind a few bugs in which I can post here in this thread. :)

gatarda
June 16th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sounds all good! :) Markitus95, just do what you want. :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu
June 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Finally, today I'm releasing SDSME 1.8.0. This long-awaited version adds support for script saving, and makes the ROM loading process faster for games that have been previously opened by the tool. B2W2 scripts have been disabled due to some glitches, and new features for generation V have been added. This version also fixes significant bugs found in 1.7.0, like the matrix and building editor ones. Thanks to Pokewiz000 we have a Chinese translation too now.

You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks for your support, and have fun!

VERGUNDAI
June 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Spiky you just keep getting more amazing! I like that! Keep it up, I will too update my friends to check this out! 1.8.0. here I come!

Hacker Bisharp
June 19th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the new version!
Which are the feature planned for the 1.9.0 release?
How do I know which path I'm editing? I am referring to the wild Pokémon.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
June 19th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the new version!
Which are the feature planned for the 1.9.0 release?
How do I know which path I'm editing? I am referring to the wild Pokémon.

To make everything easier, double click the wild Pokémon cell in the header you're editing. This will open the encounters for that header :)

1.9.0 will hopefully include a NSBTX editor and B2W2 scripts.

Trifindo
June 19th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks a lot Spiky!
You are the best!! ;)

Michielleus
June 19th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Hey Spiky! I don't think you've read my previous post, but the trainer class editor doesn't edit images. This is because the editor targets an uncompressed file instead of the compressed one, which the game uses.

Other than that, great job!

Trifindo
June 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Spiky, thanks a lot for the script editor, I made my first script in DP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndRTzCut7Sw

ndRTzCut7Sw

Have you got a list showing the different commands from DP, HGSS and BW?
I think it can be really useful!

gatarda
June 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Spiky, thanks a lot for the script editor, I made my first script in DP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndRTzCut7Sw

ndRTzCut7Sw

Have you got a list showing the different commands from DP, HGSS and BW?
I think it can be really useful!

Niiiccce! :)
Please try to make a map with BW-like trees in DP.

OiawesomeDG
June 22nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hey spiky, I've been using this tool for a little while and 1.7.0 could edit HGSS trainers, however in 1.8.0 an error message appears when you try to edit trainers, everything else has been awesome so far, nice job.

Spiky-Eared Pichu
June 23rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Hey spiky, I've been using this tool for a little while and 1.7.0 could edit HGSS trainers, however in 1.8.0 an error message appears when you try to edit trainers, everything else has been awesome so far, nice job.

Thanks for reporting the bug. There was an incorrectly written path string that prevented the trainer editor from loading properly when using HGSS. While the bug is harmless to the game and won't mess up anything, it's quite visible, so I have already fixed it. You can get the new version 1.8.1 from the usual link :)

catroZ
June 23rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Hi, can you add a map editor please?
PS. I keep getting errors when I try to load my Black 2 ROM.It won't load my game no matter what I try to do. The ROM was tried&tested, I completed the E4 and got everything I was meant to get. I'm running Windows XP SP3 with Framework 4.0

mitchellz14z
June 26th, 2013, 09:11 AM
nice, never knew things like that ecxited

VERGUNDAI
June 28th, 2013, 01:04 AM
BW2 is currently disabled...until further notice! Don't worry, you can try BW in the mean time.

gatarda
June 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Why you can't save your edited palettes?

The Who?
June 28th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Hey Spiky, is there any sort of tutorial/documentation on this? Thanks.

Hacker Bisharp
July 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Why don't add a starter editor for the new version? It could be useful^^

Chinchou(+_+)
July 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Help running this on Mac? is it even supported?

Spiky-Eared Pichu
July 9th, 2013, 12:43 AM
A starter editor wouldn't be hard to add, but I think that it wouldn't make very much sense in a tool like SDSME. However, maybe in the future I will make other small tools for things like that. If I have enough time, I will also try to write some basic documents on how to use SDSME, because the tutorials available don't cover everything and are outdated.

SDSME 1.9.0 will introduce a (once again) redesigned tileset editor, but that this time it will actually EDIT things. You'll be able to edit palettes and textures without MKDS, and also change some interesting settings that weren't previously available anywhere (transparency and texture flipping). Here's what it looks like (not finished, there are lots of features to add yet):

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6248/ismh.png

Trifindo
July 9th, 2013, 12:42 PM
A starter editor wouldn't be hard to add, but I think that it wouldn't make very much sense in a tool like SDSME. However, maybe in the future I will make other small tools for things like that. If I have enough time, I will also try to write some basic documents on how to use SDSME, because the tutorials available don't cover everything and are outdated.

SDSME 1.9.0 will introduce a (once again) redesigned tileset editor, but that this time it will actually EDIT things. You'll be able to edit palettes and textures without MKDS, and also change some interesting settings that weren't previously available anywhere (transparency and texture flipping). Here's what it looks like (not finished, there are lots of features to add yet):

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6248/ismh.png

Thanks a lot Spiky it will make things easier! ;)
Are we going to be able to edit buildings 3d model in 1.9.0 version?
Please continue with this awesome project. :D

VERGUNDAI
July 9th, 2013, 02:11 PM
It would be awesome if the 3d modelling was possible, but the time it would take to develop a program would take a while. I'm looking at the 4th gen tools, plus the mkds editor, there is a possibility that one can put them all into one tool. Just like a ToolBox or something....