PDA

View Full Version : Can you ride a bike?

Talli
September 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
just wondering how many of you guys can ride a bike ?

As for me: Not really as I am scared of falling of of one

Oryx
September 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I don't have one at school and my one at home has a flat tire but I can ride them just fine.

gimmepie
September 16th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I never really learned, due to some genetic problems I couldn't as a kid. But now that I'm nearly an adult I have the ability I just don't.

Kura
September 16th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Yup! But I can't ride a unicycle..

PlatinumDude
September 16th, 2012, 08:00 AM
My uncle taught me how to ride a bike last summer, but I haven't ridden a bike since then; my bike-riding skills may have gotten a bit rusty over the past year.

Rodriguezjames55
September 16th, 2012, 08:04 AM
i was supposed to learn when i was 8 but fell down and haven't been on a bike since that day

Sodom
September 16th, 2012, 08:07 AM
No, I can't haha. I never learned after they took me off my training wheels. I tried, oh how I tried... but to no avail. I have no balance and will never again try to ride a bike :P.

I took up roller blading for a while to replace my bike, but that didn't work out in the end because it was too much of a hassle putting the skates on every time.

Sammi
September 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
No, but I want to learn someday, if I ever set aside money to buy a bike. Biking would be useful around town; I live two miles away from work and can't drive either.

Overlord Drakow
September 16th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Yeah I can ride pretty well. Went on a ~20 mile ride today. There's actually a bike run from London to Brighton / Bristol (can't remember) for charity which is taking place next weekend and I'm thinking about going. But that's like 70+ miles and I don't think I could handle that to be honest. Maybe someday!

Shiny Celebi
September 16th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I can ride a bike, but I dont very much, because it's been too hot outside to go bike riding and my tires are flat and I cant find the pump to inflate them. Im also very terrified to ride on the road where there are cars.

Esper
September 16th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I can ride one. I learned when I was really young. If my town had fewer hills, less road construction, and more bike lanes I'd be riding all the time.

I'm a little surprised there are people who never learned though. I guess I shouldn't be since there are a lot of people who don't know how to swim either.

Dakota
September 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Yup! But I can't ride a unicycle..

Exactly what Kura said. Unicycles are hard. D=

Axeliira
September 16th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I was a "pro" riding a bicycle when I was little, but after one day I sprained my foot because I rode too fast...and after that day I refused to ride one.

Today, since my town is very bicycle friendly, I'd be willing to face my fear of bicycles and get myself on one again. I mean, it'll save gas! But my biggest fear is my bicycling skills. I'm not sure how rusty are they. xD

Mochi
September 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I actually love riding bikes, I just haven't in years. I learned how to when I was 7, but I recently moved to a more bike-friendly town so I may take it up again.

Both bikes I have are pretty shot though (bad brakes, rusty chains, all that) so I may save up and get a new one eventually, or just do some maintenance on those.

xxReshiramxx
September 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I tried learning how to ride a bike but I just couldn't do it I have a fear of falling off of one.

JerichoMadness
September 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I would be ashamed if I couldn't. Doesn't matter how the weather is, I'm on the bike to work (Takes about 10-15min. Not so bad, but if it's raining, it's hell) and soon to the train station. What would I do without my bike. :d

Patchisou Yutohru
September 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Of course. I could ride a bike for as long as I can remember. I just haven't done it in a fairly long time because I only have one bike, which has had two flat tires for years, and since I was capable of driving, I've been doing that.

Hikamaru
September 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
I'm absolutely terrible at riding a bike. I always fall off.

Cosmotone8
September 16th, 2012, 02:47 PM
I can ride a bike pretty well. (if I do say so myself) so long as it isnt motorized.

Penta Penguin
September 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I can ride a bike, I think I started at around 8 years old without stabilisers? I currently own a folded bike so I gotta go easy on it.

Broken_Arrow
September 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
yup,it's one of my favorite hobbies whenever i have a good company...i learnt that when i was 8 ....i fell down a lot and dad used to say focus on not falling and don't be afraid... great beautiful memories ^^

right now i want to ride a bike!

Squirrel
September 16th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I ride my bike back and forth to school every day (at least I did whilst I was at school xD) so yeah, I can ride a bike :3

Ninjagon
September 16th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Yup. I learnt how to ride a bike when I was four, I think my first bike was a Huffy. My bike now has a popped tyre for some unknown reason. I ride my bike every now and then, I would ride it more if it wasnt broken.

Brendino
September 17th, 2012, 12:02 AM
I've lived on the side of a small mountain for my entire life, so there was never really anywhere for me to learn to ride a bike. I did have one when I was about 6 or 7, but we didn't really have anywhere to practice, so I never bothered to learn.

curiousnathan
September 17th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Of course I can ride a bike. I love riding my bike, although I probably haven't used mine in a good half a year. Mainly due to the fact that I've severely outgrown it haha.

Playful_Weasel
September 17th, 2012, 12:36 AM
No I can't ride a bike, I tried and have failed, and have given up. How things are going in Seattle (Bike Related that is) I'm not going to even try, the mayor is taking away parking spots and many street lanes turning them into bike paths (many have criticized him as a being a bike lover) - sadly my days of learning how to ride a bike are slowly (make that FASTER) going away. I have no issues with bikers that follow the law I have issues that don't follow them.

Hybrid Trainer
September 17th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Yea I can ride a bike. My brothers friends older sister taught me how to, I have no idea why since I was a very awkward and stubborn child so it would've been hell but she taught me and I'm forever grateful! <3 I haven't ridden a bike properly since I was 10/11 or so though.

CarefulWetPaint
September 17th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I can ride a bike like a buasssss! It was the only way for me to move around town for many years so Im a pretty good bike rider. I can do jumps and stuff as well. As well as ride a bike with no hands cause, you know, Im winning life.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
September 17th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Yup. And I'm pretty damn good at it to.

TornZero
September 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM
I learned how to ride a bike when I was about seven or eight years old by rolling down an inclined street. I was quickly able to ride one-handed, no-handed, do various things with the free hand(s), and do a "hit the ground running" thing with it instead of using the brakes. (Still never use 'em.) Probably wouldn't have figured out any of that if I didn't think of using the incline, though, so I have the risk of sliding on my face to thank for my skillz.

That said, I could never figure out a skateboard (don't think I want to); so I stuck to rollerblades in that regard.

Patatas Fritas
September 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Um no. Various friends and family members tried and failed to teach me, but I wouldn't learn, I couldn't do it! I couldn't even push the pedals sometimes but this bike was weird and it's totally not because I lack any sort of strength what so ever. Regardless, I don't want to ride a bike, and I don't want to learn how too, because I never would.

I can roller blade though, and ice skate, so if the world ever becomes an icy sheet of death I could get around, if I had some ice skates...

Twilight Sky
September 18th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I haven't ridden a bike in god knows how long, really....

But I'd like to still think that it's possible that I still know how to ride a bike. @___@;