PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain Go Away

CarefulWetPaint
September 17th, 2012, 02:57 AM
So some people seem to get a bit sad when it rains etc, but how do you feel when it rains? Does it make you sad and gloomy or do you feel happy and refreshed when it rains? Or does rain effect you in a different way?

Shining Raichu
September 17th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Rain is a mood elevator for me when I'm either staying at home or going to work. I love the sound of rain and the fact that I have an excuse just to stay inside and waste the day without feeling guilty that I should be out doing something, and I love it when I'm at work because it means work will most likely be quiet and I won't have to do much :P I also love rain when I'm in bed. It's such a soothing sound as I'm drifting off to sleep.

The only time rain bums me out is when I have to go out and do something. Then it just adds a whole extra tedious layer to my plans for the day and makes it that little bit more stressful. Particularly if I'm driving.

Honest
September 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM
I don't feel sad, exactly. I just get annoyed, because more often then not, I had some stuff planned for the day. I also hate getting stuck outside in the rain, so in those cases I get mad.

New York and it's random storms smh

curiousnathan
September 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM
I love rain, except if I have to walk home in it on the way back from school. The sound it makes while you're snuggling up to a warm fire, or in bed aaaa.

Talli
September 17th, 2012, 05:03 AM
I actually like the rain part from me being out in it but as I live in rainy old Britain I'm used to it

Esper
September 17th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Rain feels nice. It's cooling, but kinda insulating as well. It also looks pretty, sounds pretty, and when it's over there's that nice after rain smell on everything. When it rains the hills turn from brown to green and my allergies to grass and pollen and stuff like that go away. I love rain.

Sterling
September 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Rain is amazing. Like Raichu mentioned, it's a mood elevator. Whenever I hear rain, I shut off my TV, my music, and everything that makes sound around the house so I can clearly hear the rain from the outside. At times I actually open the window so I can hear the raindrops! <3

Shiny Celebi
September 17th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Rain is very calming and gentle to me. The sound is very relaxing and I dont mind it at all.

Kura
September 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
It makes me feel a bit irritated when it rains.. because my hair gets mega-frizzy :cc But..

@_@ Listening to the rain at night in bed is the best feeling ever. Now that I have skylights in my flat, too.. it is so incredibly nice to lay there and listen to what feels like the rain dropping all around you but not getting wet :3

Went
September 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I love rain, and I love thunderstorms even more. I remember spending one night watching one over the sea while my dad was watching TV. I think I was more entertained than him!

Playful_Weasel
September 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I like the rain too, makes the nearby trees and bushes seem more alive and have a slight fresh smell.. Gets really cold, below 32 F (0 C) then it falls as snow. Seattle is know for rain, but its no where near the rainiest city. I got used to the rain, I also love that first cold feeling of rain hitting my head.

Broken_Arrow
September 18th, 2012, 12:07 AM
RAIN!!! i love the rain same way a fat kid loves cookies..chocolate cookies to be exact lol... i love to dance in the rain i love to watch it washing everything around dust,pain sadness...showing the fake of people (when make up ruined and show the real face of girls) xD

since i was young i looked at it as tears of the sky that ends with a happy rainbow smile...but i do admit sometimes it make me feel grife or nostaligic to some people!

Avishka
September 18th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I LOOOOOOVRE RAIN AND THE RAINBOW AFTER RAINS!!! <3 <3 <3
Rainy season is the best except that my clothes are always wet and my school books also get wet which take hours to dry :P :P

Playful_Weasel
September 18th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I forgot to mention, I also love torrential rain. Which I experienced in Mexico my grandma asked me to buy her something from the store, and it was really pouring rain... It was a fun walk!! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes rain.

Twilight Sky
September 18th, 2012, 05:27 AM
It really just depends, for me. Sometimes it'll rain in the most inopportune moments, like right when I want to go somewhere important and that's when I'll hate the rain the most, but otherwise I don't really have an issue with it lmao. u__u

Cassino
September 18th, 2012, 06:29 AM
The sound is nice. Being in rain is refreshing in ways but I'm not emotionally swayed by it.
I like it mainly because it's a life-giver; just a nice thought that such a process is continuing.

King Goodra
September 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I love the rain, sometimes I hate the rain. Sometimes I like to jump in the puddles and go outside with my arms up to the sky and look up and have it rain on me, and sometimes I like to stay inside because it's too murky and dark outside. It really just depends on my mood. But I always love the sound of rain gently tapping on the window.

Brendino
September 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
As long as it isn't the middle of Winter, I actually like the rain (or, at least, I've become accustomed to it living on the "wet coast"). Winter rain is the worst, though. When it's dark outside at like 4:00 and just a few degrees above freezing, I have absolutely no desire to leave the comforts of my own home to go outside in the rain.

Proto
September 19th, 2012, 10:23 PM
It's my favorite. 8) Ironically, haha, considering I live in LA. We don't get a lot of rain here. :/

That's part of why I'm planning on moving to San Francisco. The rain and the fog are just beautiful. There's something just inherently soothing about a cloudy, rainy sky.

TornZero
September 19th, 2012, 10:31 PM
With the weather I've been having, I'm surprised I haven't made a reply to this until now.

Up here in Alaska some of us've been facing strong wings, plenty of scattered rainfall from a sprinkling to flash flood warnings (and, in a few cases, "mini" tornadoes), and I still enjoy it. I've even walked home from school in the rain with an Oreo McFlurry in hand just hours ago. (I ate it.)

Probably like many others, though, I hate when it rains during the winter. I always get disgusted by slush; I actually do whatever I can to avoid walking in it.

Rambagos
September 19th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I love rain. Their sound was pretty and I feel my lonely had been thrown away because it. I will always love rain since it doesn't annoying and make a disaster.

Squirrel
September 20th, 2012, 06:13 AM
I actually love the rain, it feels amazing to be outside in and it's so cosy being inside! The sound of the rain is lovely, watching it fall is beautiful and the whole package is great :D The only thing I'm not too keen on is when it's that annoying rain where it's hardly raining but somehow you get absolutely soaked through to your skin. But generally speaking I love rain :3

Algo Fonix
September 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Rain is my favorite kind of weather. The absolute best days are when it's raining early in the morning and it continues throughout the day. That's rare here, which is unfortunate, but apparently this place would flood if it did.

Cassino
September 21st, 2012, 02:06 PM
It's my favorite. 8) Ironically, haha, considering I live in LA. We don't get a lot of rain here. :/
Far from ironic, actually — it's typically characteristic of communities that don't see much rain to be elated at its appearance, as seasonal rains are or once were a lifeline.

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
It really depends on my mood and the situation. I DESPISE rain when I'm camping/in the forest. On my way to the bus stop, I don't mind a light drizzle and occasionally just have fun getting soaked. Sometimes it's fun to get caught in the rain and be sopping wet from head to toe.

I love listening to rain/thunder as I go to sleep. :) :) :)

Katalyst
September 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
All that rain gives me is a foul mood, wet shoes and messy hair, not to mention the desire to just stay at home and lay on my bed, under the sheets. Preferably asleep.

Penta Penguin
September 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Really quite annoyed. We get rain all the time; I much prefer a rainy night than a rainy day.

Boomburst
September 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I MUCH prefer rain over sunshine. Sunlight make me feel very sick if I stay in it for about
half a hour, but rain is very refreshing and cools things down.

Wish I lived in a rainier area rather than where I live.

Toshiro.
September 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I love when it rains, especially at night. The rain is calming to me, and the sound of it helps me fall asleep at night.

Mr. Magius
September 30th, 2012, 01:32 PM
It's definitely calming. And whenever it rains it usually puts me in a mellow mood, but it also gives me an excuse to stay inside and play video games. : )

Are there Oceans in Space?
September 30th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah rain doesn't really make me sad or happy. It does put me in a clam, relaxed state, which I love. That's why I'll put on rainymood when I listen to music haha.

Sammi
September 30th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Usually I find it nice and calming.

Rain's refreshing. I love the noise and the smell outside right after the rain. It can also feel nice falling on me, but only if it's not cold. Cold rain sucks. I could walk for ages in a good temperature rain, though. :D

The Works
October 1st, 2012, 03:50 AM
The sound of rain dripping onto the roof or the ground is really calming, especially here in Dubai, where it rains only in the winter :/ It's really nice when it falls on me, especially when it's cold. But I can't walk in it for long, because I hate it if I'm soaked in cold water too much, and wet shoes are really uncomfortable. I like its effect on my hair, though.

antemortem
October 4th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I usually identify with rain as a sign of how someone in the world is feeling, similar to how the weather is often used in anime or movies to coincide a sad moment/death. My mind works the same way, though my feelings are never usually effected by it. A rainy day just means not being able to do anything lest I'm just begging to be wet and uncomfortable for the entire duration of said activity.

Frazzevous
October 5th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I actually like the rain, so long as it doesn't turn into a (thunder)storm. The air gets breezy, refreshing, and cooling -- it makes me feel... nice. :3 I don't even mind walking in the rain; heck, whenever it does, I don't use my umbrella and I politely decline a friend's offer to share theirs. I also like it when it rains when I'm sad; it's as though the sky is accompanying me or something.

Crux
October 7th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the smell before it rains. x)
I love the rain,for so many reasons that if I tried to say it all here i'd be marked as spam. :)

Guillermo
October 8th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned the smell before it rains. x)
I love the rain,for so many reasons that if I tried to say it all here i'd be marked as spam. :)
Don't think you'd be spamming if you're answering the topic lol. What.

Anyway. How could anyone hate rain? It's the single greatest thing after freshly cut grass.

Hannah
October 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I love rain. When it rains, I just look at my mom for a second, and she opens the door for me. I run outside. I don't know why people hate rain. It's one of the best gifts God ever gave. Rain is my best friend.

LividZephyr
October 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I feel sick. It was raining today, and I didn't get to go for a walk.

Cold + rain = sick, therefore I don't like it. I like being able to get outside and move around! I'd rather not be at the mall going for a walk when I can enjoy sunshine.