PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Region?

Hoenn
September 19th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Out of the five regions which are Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, which is your favorite and why?

My favourite region has got to be Hoenn. The scenery, routes, cities are all beautifully designed and it is home to some of the best Pokemon IMO.

pokeskate
September 19th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hoenn forsure. R/S/E had the best storyline IMO. Pokes looked cool, Gym leaders were cool and hoenn just looked like a nice place to live. Johto comes in a very close second though!

xxReshiramxx
September 19th, 2012, 05:48 PM
My favorite region would have to be Unova because it has my favorite Pokemon in it Reshiram and a lot of cool unique looking ones.

Thomas
September 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I love Kanto/ Unova...they actually kind of remind me of each other in the way that they are set up. They were the most fun to travel through (even many many times in the case of Kanto over 4 sets of games).

Hikamaru
September 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Unova for me, cos I love the landmarks and it introduced some of my fave Pokemon.

Also, most of my fave characters are from Unova.

Sydian
September 19th, 2012, 06:46 PM
I really like Johto! It's just fun to travel through and it makes me really happy for some reason, haha. :) I also love Ecruteak City. It's probably my favorite city out of all the games, and I especially love how it looks in HGSS. I think Hoenn is nice too. It's fun to travel through with all the neat terrains and such. Unova is kind of in the middle, as well as Kanto. And I can't stand going through Sinnoh. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't require so many HMs to get around it, though I'm sure some people really loved all the exploring.

Although not concluded, Orre is awesome as well, especially with the added towns in Gale of Darkness (even though The Under was my favorite city in Orre and it's no longer present in Gale of Darkness).

Squirrel
September 20th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Sinnoh! It's a beautiful region with so many interesting places to explore such as Mt Coronet and the snowy mountains, plus it has the majority of my favourite Pokémon and characters to interact with. I don't like the Great Marsh in Sinnoh, or how it works, but that's literally the only thing I can think of about the region that I dislike. For me it was a very very exceptional region :3

Powalen
September 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
My favorite region is Johto. One reason it is featured in my favorite games(GSC,HGSS) and I really like the layout, the bug catching park, lake of rage, the new Safari Zone, the ruins of alph, the towers, the light house, and all of the routes and gym leaders. It was just a cool region all together. Hoenn was the most beautiful, but to me it lacked something. Kanto was nice but it is not my favorite. Unova was a great region being based in the U.S. and all. It also had many beautiful places, but lacked difficult areas to explore which I like. To be honest, I dont like Sinnoh. The games were ok, but my least favorite partly because the region was not all that great. It is hard to explain but something about it I just hate.

In conclusion: Johto>Hoenn>Unova>Kanto>Sinnoh

Pokemon_Geek
September 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I can't decide between Unova and Johto. They both appeal to me in different ways. I feel like I can relate to Unova(like I could actually live there) while Johto has a "going back in time" feel to it that was fun to travel in.

PlatinumDude
September 20th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I like the Hoenn region for the sheer nostalgia factor. The really catchy music and expansive region really drew me in. The Battle Frontier in Emerald had the right amount of difficulty for me too.

Mochi
September 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Pretty happy I'm seeing so much Hoenn love, it's my favorite region because there's just so much to do. Sinnoh and Unova are pretty decent, Johto is cool, but Kanto got pretty old.

soopaord
September 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hoenn for sure. Second favorite would have to be Johto.

Roughsponge
September 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hoenn is by far my favourite region; the upbeat music, new scenery and the great pokemon just made it the best.

I do agree with jellicentfan1 that Sinnoh was my least favourite. It lacked the spark that the others brought, and to me it felt like it was bland and boring.

Rainbow Arcanine
September 21st, 2012, 12:45 AM
I'm another Hoenn lover. Being surrounded by forests and natural environments is pleasing. There were less huge cities and more natural places. The music was cheery and awesome. Hoenn Pokemon are some of my favourites too. Designs are truly amazing!

Psystar63
September 21st, 2012, 12:55 AM
I liked Sinnoh, because it had such calm, gentle music. Plus, I loved hanging out at Snowpoint city and walking through the snow.
But I'd have to say Unova, because it had so many visually pleasing sceneries, and it has that mix of being modern and yet natural.

C Payne
September 21st, 2012, 02:45 AM
Hoenn for sure: It had a huge variety of different environments, very catchy/fantastic music, a challenging Battle Frontier, and I loved the storyline(though it could use some touching up on). The list could go on and on really.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
September 21st, 2012, 03:07 AM
Hoenn easily, I love all its quirks and funny things, like treetop houses, two types of bikes, go-go goggles, diving, Sky Pillar and the crazy whacko lengths you have to go to for the Regies. Absolutely love it.

giradialkia
September 21st, 2012, 03:47 AM
I generally love Johto. Well, Kanto and Johto together. Kanto can seem a bit plain at times, but I just love the two of them. I like all the other regions (Hoenn is brilliantly exotic, and Unova's pretty great too).

Kanto remained a but plain and flat until HGSS came out and some of the areas were given a bit more height/depth and just.. a more natural feel. Johto was presented wonderfully in HGSS in my opinion, it just made me love it even more. It's just always going to be these two regions for me. :)

vlay
September 21st, 2012, 04:25 AM
My favorite region is Kanto, the place is nice and so calming. The Gym Leaders is nice too. And most important my favorite town in this region, Lavender Town XD yeah!

Annay
September 21st, 2012, 04:38 AM
Hoenn has a tropical climate and a better story than the other regions.
Also liked the Pokémon of Hoenn... :)

Pinta77
September 21st, 2012, 05:47 AM
Johto for sure. Dont get me wrong, hoenn is nice, but johto's scenery was pretty nice as well. Especially those floating orb things from g/s/c that are suppossed to be flowers i think?

Rambagos
September 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM
I choose Hoenn. This region have many new water Pokèmon. Hoenn also having a huge place with some waters. I like using a surf in everywhere :D
In the other hand, The Trio Weather legendary Pokèmon also have been introduced in here since they all are my favorite legendary Pokèmon.

Sydian
September 21st, 2012, 07:26 AM
Toujours wants to rob me so I'm moving this to PVP. :(

Ryliam
September 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
My favourite region would probably be Hoenn :3 cause its the most natural looking out of all of them.

Mentalii
September 22nd, 2012, 05:17 AM
Johtooooo <3 I love each town, the Pokémon, the storyline, each character... So yes, definitely Johto.

Altomare
September 22nd, 2012, 05:22 AM
Sinnoh. There's the avatars of time, space, antimatter, plus a pokemon god. what's not to like?
Runner-up would be hoenn. Now we have the avatars of land, air and sea plus the gigantic regi brothers ( at least in the manga).

ZeroDaGreat
September 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Johto for me, I like kanto but I played it so many times its become dull.

Hamako-chan
September 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
1. Hoenn
I love berries! I love the Pokemon, they seem more 'advanced' then 1st and 2nd Gen.
2. Johto
3. Kanto

The Grubby Pup
September 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
I like Johto and Sinnoh the best. I love the branch-off Pokemon like Politoed and Gallade, and the pre-evolutionary like Mime Jr. and Elekid, and the Pokemon that evolve further. It always exciting to see how the Pokemon will look like. When I first heard saw that Tangela and Lickitung could evolve further I was like. O_o

Brendino
September 22nd, 2012, 08:03 PM
I really enjoyed both Hoenn and Sinnoh, as they had diverse landscapes and many interesting areas to explore. Based on the storyline, though, I wasn't a big fan of D/P/Pt, so I'll say that Hoenn is my favorite region.

XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE
September 23rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Johto will probably always be my favourite region. It just seemed the most fun to explore and I probably have the fondest memories there :)

Sodom
September 26th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Johto! It is by far the prettiest of all the land!

It's not the oldest of the regions, but it's still old enough for me to have some serious nostalgia factor which is always important to me when making these decisions. Add to that the gorgeous beauty that they accomplished in the DS remakes of Gold and Silver and you have yourself a winning region.

My next favourite after that is Kanto, because it's quite a simple place and it feels like homebase to me, having started in that region. It's pretty, it has a ****load of nostalgia and it's not difficult to navigate (yet not so easy to navigate that it's condescending, like the dreaded Unova).

Patchisou Yutohru
October 12th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Sinnoh was the most enjoyable to explore, I felt, and I thought it was beautiful as well. It was by far the least linear region. I also had a thing with Gen IV graphics that made me take an immediate liking to it.

PokemonGiratinaX
October 12th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Hoenn. Because I really like the Pokemon especially Groudon.

Hannah
October 12th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Sinnoh, defs. I love the two playable characters, the starters, and the anime. I love everything about Sinnoh, from the land to the seas. Absolutely everything. ♥

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I thought we were talking about the actual layout of the region, woops. Even so, still Johto all the way then Kanto.

And ShiningRaichu, i hate Unova too. Too much handholding, unexciting layout, and mediocre pokemon.

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I really like different things about each region.

Kanto: The nostalgic feel, Silph Co.
Johto: Goldenrod City, best gym leaders (in my mind), nostalgia
Hoenn: Great to explore, Secret Bases, challenging routes, great legendaries with a story, two villain teams
Sinnoh: Great for exploring, variety, great selection of Pokemon
Unova: Best protagonists (BW1), smoothest region design, Castelia City

Overall... seems like I like Hoenn the most, even with the endless water routes that can get annoying and the back-back-backtracking to Norman. Those are the only downsides that come to mind.

93Aiwass
October 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Even though I have yet to play Sinnoh and Unova, I must say that Johto is my favourite region. It symbolizes the best of the Pokemon for me.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

RoreyG
October 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Kanto. Nevermind landscape and story. Its home sweet home to me and its where I feel the most comfortable and have the most fun.

October 17th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I've come to love the Unova region. There's so much to do, and some really cool towns. And for some reason, the whole circle layout of the region is awesome to me hahah.

Ducklighter
October 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
It's between Hoenn and Johto for me. I voted Hoenn though because I really loved the anime during that period.

White_Arcanine
October 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I love Kanto, Johto and Hoenn alike but Hoenn is my absolute favorite. After DP I think the Pokemon designing went... downhill? I can't really think of anything better than that.

Correspondence
October 22nd, 2012, 03:59 AM
For me its Hoenn cos it just looks peaceful and had a pretty good story line and i guess because ruby was my first game.

Jeff Gordon
October 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
This was tough, but the decision was made. Johto!

Johto was a very fun region, in fact, its probably where I spent most of my playtime in Pokemon history. Not to mention its right next to Kanto so you don't really need to travel THAT far away, so that's a plus. I don't know, maybe because its a large region put together with Kanto, & I like more options within a game. That'd be my reason probably.

AncientWarrior
October 27th, 2012, 02:37 AM
I love the Johto region. 1) It has many of my favorite Pokemon. 2) It's the most memorable region. 3) You fight Red on Mt. Silver. 4) The story is the most memorable. 5) You can travel to Kanto as well (possibly not a reason, but multi-regions in one game is cool to me.)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

JosephBowie
October 28th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I would go with Kanto, due to the nostalgia factor, but that would involve being in the same region as Lavender Town. So I'm going with Johto because I'm a wimp.

Galoria
November 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I love Kanto/Hoenn.

Kanto, because it is where I started Pokémon, many remembrances...Old remembrances!
In G/S/C you can come back in there too. I was like, wow! Finally I can come back in there. I was so glad!

About Hoenn, there're many things. Meteo, lands varietes. Many new water Pokémon. Big cities well designed.

Kisses~

:7:

Mononoke Hime
November 10th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I love all regions, but the new Unova region has the longest pokedex list, the reason why I choose it. It's really cool that there I can make a party with pokemons of all other generations.

poke529
November 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I was wondering about what's the 2 most favorited regions. Mine is johto and hoenn.

Iceman3317
November 17th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Hoenn first and than Unova. Hoenn has already been my favorite region though.

Seki
November 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Kanto and Johto, those 2 regions are connected and I like both of them. Kanto has no story behind it, but meh. Thats Pokemon at first right? With all those dark dark dark stories. Unlike current generations.

CourageHound
November 18th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'd say Unova cause of its pokemon, expansiveness and cool places to go and do.

Juicy
November 19th, 2012, 12:40 AM
My favourite is Hoenn, best landscape and towns by far.

SamuJake
November 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Kanto. But the more I think about it, Hoenn was a pretty good lookin' region. I think it'd be amazing to see it with the DS graphics now.

Sora
November 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Unova, with Johto close behind. Hoenn is nice too but so much water. Since I rarely even have surf on my team these days it's a pain in the games. But Unova and Johto are just those regions I can almost go everywhere on foot and not have to worry about any obstacles. And Johto has access to Kanto which is nice.

Atomic Pirate
November 26th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Hoenn.

For me, Hoenn>>Johto>>Kanto>>Sinnoh>>Unova

Sassy Milkshake
November 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Haven't gone to the Unova region yet. I like all of the them pretty equally though. Hoenn comes out on top though, despite being literally half ocean. ;P

Mr Cat Dog
December 11th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I really like Johto. It's not the most geographically complex region, but I feel like it has the best natural flow out of all of them. By that, I mean that things change gradually and feel a lot less arbitrary than in some of the other regions. Kanto, while also feeling geographically similar, feels a bit more sparse, which makes sense given that it was very early. The others - while I like Hoenn and Sinnoh a fair bit - feel slightly more slapdash, in my opinion.

Apollo
December 11th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Definitely Hoenn. Though it was rather small, I enjoyed looking through the scenery. Some towns like Pacifidlog were original and creative, I liked them. The main reason why I like Hoenn is because of how natural it felt. It feels like you're in the wilderness or something, since there weren't much bustling cities, and the biggest city is fairly rural. It would be a great place to retire! Though many new and cool regions have passed (Sinnoh, Unova etc.) Hoenn will still be my favourite. <3

curiousnathan
December 11th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Definitely Johto, with Hoenn coming in close second. Johto brought colour and vibrance back into my childhood. I grew up with GSC, so it's only natural that I'm somehow biased towards it, haha. Aside form visual appeal, it's definitely got a fantastic variety of Pokemon not to mention a pretty epic set of Gym Leaders.

Playful_Weasel
December 11th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Unova for my vote. Pointless #1 reason - Roxie's band!!

Although I wanted to desperately wanted to choose Kanto just because my favorite Pokemon (Persian) is native to that region it wasn't my main reason for choosing. I was forced between Sinnoh and Unova as my main area for voting. Just finished rewatching every episode from Sinnoh and love the layout of the region (I have not played the games based on Sinnoh yet).

How come Unova as my vote? it really reminds me of real life. A few large cities (Nimbasa City and Castelia City) to wonder around and explore, I also love the large areas to explore (I just arrived at the Elite 4 in Black2), I feel like I'm only half way through the game (still lots to explore). I can battle other trainers more than once (without having to find the vs seeker in FireRe/LeafGreen), the complex of the gyms (I got lost in three gyms before finding the leader) and my pointless #1 reason for Unova - Roxie's Gym!! at least the music, I could stay in the gym for 2 hours and never get bored.

Masta_Blasta
December 11th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Definitely Hoenn. Though it was rather small, I enjoyed looking through the scenery. Some towns like Pacifidlog were original and creative, I liked them. The main reason why I like Hoenn is because of how natural it felt. It feels like you're in the wilderness or something, since there weren't much bustling cities, and the biggest city is fairly rural. It would be a great place to retire! Though many new and cool regions have passed (Sinnoh, Unova etc.) Hoenn will still be my favourite. <3

Well, I like Hoenn for the same reason too. Hoenn was not only the first region I explored, but it has a cool variety of pokemon!

Drmsoul
December 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM
By far and a loooot I would say Jotho :P

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
December 11th, 2012, 08:37 PM
I really don't know, I loved all the regions except for Johto and Kanto because these regions are relatively small in my opinion and wasn't much to do. I would have to pick Unova (with the black and white 2 update) because there are many places within this region to visit.

:t354:TG

Serperion
December 12th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I'm not gonna vote because each region has a plus and a minus imo you can agree with me if you want but this is my opinion

Kanto
+ : As the first generation region it set the bar quite high because of it though basic including some impressive locations; a Volcano, Power Station, Giant Cave, Graveyard, Bike Highway, Ocean, Abandoned Facilities
- : Though it was the first there isn't as much of a kick out of its journey as the other 4, this is mainly because there was no strategy to getting through the game, pretty much Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Electric & Ground would get you through with not much hassle.

Johto
+ : As an introducer of the Dark and Steel types it could go where Kanto couldn't and added some "history" to pokemon. It also gets extra points for revamping the Gym leaders which so far every generation after has failed to do.

- : The structure of this region is bad I'm sorry to say but as a general rule you should visit the gyms in this order 1,2,3,4,7,5,6,8 yeh... I'm not kidding Pryce is easier to defeat than Chuck or Jasmine.

Hoenn
+ : This region is so diverse; Jungles, Giant Sea routes, Weather patterns and NASA. This is all topped by its legendary storyline which is quite impressive especially in emerald where extra locations are added to the story.

- : This region stands alone for two reasons. One its Gym Leaders lack personality or background yes I'm aware its the only region to not be in the Gen IV + storyline era but still Gen II did better. The second thing are the battles it felt like the whole game was trying to do Kanto and Johto at the same time and that just doesn't work especially considering Johto is meant to be an opposite of Kanto.

Sinnoh

+ : Sinnoh is the region of life, everything is brought together with everything from the past 3 generations, heat, cold, high grass, fog (this can be a negative), desert, water and the calm first grassy routes. It even has a huge replay-ability with multiple areas being rediscovered and expanded just for going back I mean how do you get a Gible in D/P you obtain 6 Gym badges, then head back to Eterna City and have a pokemon with the HM for cut and strength and head down the Bike Path, cross the undercover area and find the secret entrance.

- : Like Hoenn it tried to have everything from the previous generations plus more which in some aspects it succeeded but in others it fail I'm sure that Route 210 was intended to be much more but it wasn't and since there are other examples it loses itself in trying to have what it didn't need

Unova

+ : This is definitely the restart of the pokemon series with a new region which didn't care about the other 4 because it is the odd region being so distant from all the others. The region itself didn't want any of that Jungle or Fire from the previous games. It was simple 3 Water Routes, 2 Desert Routes, 1 Ice Route, Some Caves each diverse in their own rights and some grass routes to connect the whole thing. This was what the series needed.

- : Unfortunately while being different it went a bit too far and lost some things the other generations had, for one the First route had a little connection right of to the left which was so asking to be found but by the time you got surf it was but a common route and forgotten for importance (minus the Larvesta Egg and Crustles). Another example was they allowed you to get to close to the post game I mean there were two bridges that close there should've been something between them like what Hoenn and Sinnoh did.

So overall this was my opinion on the Pokemon Regions

pikakitten
January 1st, 2013, 09:11 PM
I love Hoenn, it was my first region, and it introduced so many things, which mainly all stayed in some way proving Hoenn had good features. Time, sure G/S/C did it but FR/LG didn't keep it everything else did; Pokeblock, turning into poffins, and later that Pokeathlon juice, maybe more pokefoods I''m forgetting about xD; contests, turning into Pokeathlon, turning into musicals and eventually Pokewood (I think it's called xD)

Hoenn also had cool places to go, Mt. Pyre, Underwater, Safari Zone, etc.
To me Hoenn never gets old, and I replay it all the time with new challenges.

Starry Windy
January 7th, 2013, 01:49 AM
I am in tie of Hoenn and Unova, but I pick Unova because I've enjoyed Pokéstar Studio, Join Avenue, and White Forest there.

BLOOOD-La-ti-
January 7th, 2013, 02:59 AM
Hoenn and Johto,
I prefer hoenn though,Hoenn is the best,
It has the most enjoyable games,RSE.
Johto was also cool though.

masaru3
January 7th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Wow, so many people love Hoenn. I should play it again soon just to refresh my memory...

My favorite is Unova region, and I've played in all 5 of them. Second to that is Johto, then Kanto.

Rϵd
January 7th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Hmm...I would go with Kanto but I'm going with Hoenn since It's so tropical, and has beatiful oceans and there's one city you need to dive to get to it, that's interesting. Hoenn has more nature, great storyline...Kanto has really beautiful places, but the storyline in Kanto isn't that good. :P But the best storyline? I would go with Unova. Sinnoh was a bit strange but great storyline and Johto? Really good, you can explore Kanto...yeah.

Arlo
January 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I like all of them, but all in all, Hoenn's my favorite.

Kanto's only so-so. It's excusable, since it was the first, but it's really sort of dull. Johto's more interesting (and I assume deliberately so), but it seems a little... scattershot somehow. As if they realized that they needed some more variety in the environments, so they just sort of stuffed some variety in there in some sort of order. Hoenn has even more variety, but more to the point, it makes sense, with logical transitions from grassland to plains to desert to hills to mountains to forest to grassland... Sinnoh did the same thing, with logical transitions from one type of terrain to the next, but I just don't like the region quite as much as a whole. And Unova, much though I like the games, was, to me, a bit of a step back in that regard. The cities are pretty good, some of the terrain is very impressive and the bridges are amazing, but the region overall seems a bit scattershot. The desert, for instance, doesn't seem to be there for any reason other than that they wanted a desert somewhere and...... well... let's just stuff it in here it'll be fine.

Hoenn is just, to me, the most complete and believable of the regions. And it's the one I'd most want to live in myself.

Tman109ner
January 7th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Hoenn!!! The place was always so upbeat and cheerful. Even the evil in the region was purely to expand land/sea for pokemon which isn't too bad bar some mass destruction. The map is designed perfectly, having lots of beaches and forests. In order I'd probably go Hoenn, Unova, Johto, Sinnoh, Kanto

slayerz96
January 7th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I like every region, but I'll just list those which I like most to those I like least.
Hoenn > Sinnoh > Kanto > Unova = Johto

Why I love Hoenn? I have so many reasons, but I'll just list the main ones:

1. It's unique. It's effectively 50% water. The puzzles in this game are fresh.
2. It has one of the most "realistic" storylines.
3. The music. Damn. It was just so amazing.

The main reasons why I don't like Johto and Unova that much:
1. Johto feels very small. I mean really, just a few steps and a route is over? The gyms are also way underlevelled, but since you have to go to Kanto to fight another 8, I'll accept this.

2. Unova's transition is too huge. From a modern metropolis to a raging desert to a funfair city to some weird mining town and then to a weird electronic cave and beyond. It just feels very unnatural and very weird. Or maybe it's just me.

PikachuAddict
January 7th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I like Unova, Johto, Kanto, and Sinnoh. The only reason I can't say Hoenn is because I've only got through to Fire Type gym. I voted for Unova because it's the latest region.

King_21
January 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Heonn and Kanto are my favorite

vapes
January 8th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Unova
I didn't think this way with Black and White 1, but when the second games came out, my opinion drastically changed. There's so many things to do in this region. It's a big region too so exploration is fun to do. My play time's already 114 hours and I got the game only a week ago. And I remember I was around 50 hours and I still needed to do some after-game stuff. It's huge, maybe even moreso than HeartGold and SoulSilver.
The game also had quite possibly the best soundtrack in the franchise. Their own original tracks, as well as the remixes of previous games (the gym and champion themes, the regi battles, the lake trio). Unova's just my favorite.

Patrick
January 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
If I haven't already posted in this topic, Houen or however they've localized it (it's been years and I still never caught on).

I'm kind of glad it's winning. Beyond all the water and surfing, it was the region with the most enviromental variety as far as I know.

Imperator161
January 14th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I love Johto, mainly because I loved gen 2, and grew attached to Johto from all of my time playing Gold. Johto does a good job balancing urban areas (like Goldenrod) with an abundance of trees, forest areas, mountains, and even some water. If I actually lived in the Pokemon world, I could picture myself wanting to retire to Johto; it seems like a pleasant place to live. Unlike some of the other regions, Johto didn't seem too urban or crowded to me, nor did it have too much water (I've never enjoyed surfing too much, so I found the abundance of water in Hoenn irritating). The towns weren't so far apart in Johto that they were painful to travel between, but they were also isolated enough to give the region a rustic feel.

Miss Anne Thrope
January 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
A very close call between Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh. I'm picking Sinnoh only because my favorite game is Platinum, and Sinnoh introduced some of my favorite Pokemon. Johto and Kanto are just as good in other ways.

waveguidebuizel
January 14th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Wow, I'm really surprised so many people chose Hoenn! It seemed to be the one that had the most complaints. Anyways, Hoenn is my favorite. ^-^ The pokémon native to the region have a lot to do with it; most of my favorites seem to come from this batch. Also, the environment is so diverse, yet the pokémon fit well with their surroundings. Imagine how beautiful it would look in a remake!

Sweets Witch
January 14th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Sinnoh, definitely. So much of the scenery was happy and vibrant and beautiful.

Synerjee
January 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM
As much as I love all the regions, I specifically place Unova at the top of my list. This region has lovely scenic views and beautiful towns and cities. The storyline was just incredible; the characters felt so real as if they were talking personally to me. <3

Puppeteer Mask
January 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Wow, people really like Hoenn on here. It was pretty good, I guess. I like all of the regions pretty much equally, although Johto didn't quite... click with me. I can't explain it, but it just didn't feel as interesting as the other ones. Since I have to actually pick on, I settled upon Unova because I'm quite fond of its various cities, although if I had to pick a favourite city I'd say Sunygrove in Shinnoh was the best... if that was the right name.

Eeveelution Co-ordinator
January 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Hoenn as in Ruby and Sapphire it made you travel round to compete in Contests, making it seem more like the anime version of contests (sort of).

Caelus
January 28th, 2013, 08:40 PM
My favorite has to be the Hoenn region. I'm biased because that's the first region I explored but I love the tropical setting and the abundance of water.

I also like the Sinnoh region because of the mountains.

Talli
January 29th, 2013, 07:08 AM
My favourite region has to be Shinnoh because of the platimun battle frontier

.EJ
January 29th, 2013, 07:19 AM
>Hoenn #1
>implying that water-infested region is that good

http://i.imgur.com/gB3lOyR.gif

on topic: Sinnoh and Johto for me; voted for Sinnoh

Gyardosamped
January 30th, 2013, 08:17 AM
For me, it's a tie between Johto and Hoenn, but I'd have to say Hoenn takes my vote because it just seems like Hoenn has so much more to offer than other regions in terms of land size and exploration. The region is also half-filled with water, too, like others have said, which I liked. xD

GreenBeece
January 30th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Sinnoh. Definitely. Beautiful landscape and interesting areas, great characters, best regional Pokédex (in Platinum), history and the mythology of the region, and much stuff to do.

Oryx
January 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
>Hoenn #1
>implying that water-infested region is that good

http://i.imgur.com/gB3lOyR.gif

on topic: Sinnoh and Johto for me; voted for Sinnoh

I think it's an age thing. I would guess the average age of a PC member would be like 16, which would put them at 7-8 when Ruby/Sapphire came out, which is a common age range to start playing Pokemon. So it becomes nostalgic.

For me it's definitely Unova though. Partly because I live so close to New York so I felt really connected to it, and partly just because...I like it. Cool region imo.

C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f
January 31st, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hoenn all the way. Love the water everywhere (fan of water types too) and the beautiful towns and dive implementation. The best, isn't it? Also, I like the starters there and few Pokémon like Linoone.