PDA

View Full Version : You're my best friend!

Arago
September 22nd, 2012, 07:41 PM
Another friend thread, yay!

Who's your best offline friend? (if you have more than one, you're going to have to dedicate a reply to each of them!!)
When's the last time you hung out with them?
What did you do?
Describe them in as little or as much detail as you'd like.

zappyspiker
September 23rd, 2012, 01:49 AM
I've had a few 'best friends' in my life but they were only 'best childhood friend' or 'best school friend'... so they didn't really count. But ever since I moved schools and badly ended my first and only best friendship I had ever had at the end of 5th grade, for the next 7 years I had no one to call 'my best friend'.

...that was until 2 months ago. It's kinda funny because I met my best friend exactly two months ago today. It's hard to think that someone who is your best friend you only met in a short as time as two months but life has it's ways of working how they work out.

In the winter holidays (summer in America) I went to LA to go to Vidcon, Anime Expo and most importantly went to the first summer camp of my life at the New York Film Academy in the LA campus. Basically I was to spend 3 weeks of my life at an international film camp not knowing anyone. I came July 22nd 2012 but classes started the next day. Being the shy child I was when it comes to new people, I stuck with my three roommates (four of us shared an apartment complex).

Eventually by the end of the first week our group of four had turned into nine (consisting of 3 Americans, an Italian, A Middle east-ern (?), a Mexican, a Russian, a Brazilian and myself the New Zealander) and after socializing and becoming friends with another 5 who had been either been in our classes (2 of our roommates were in different classes). I guess it was mostly by the end of the first week where I had just started talking to another boy, Gabriel that was in our group (as well as in my class) and both of us being the quiet two (him not talking much because he was nervous about his English and not understanding everything) hadn't really said much and by the Tuesday of the second week he and our other friend Ana (the Mexican) were pretty much glued to each other for the rest of camp.

However, camp ain't camp without it's fair share of dramas and there was a ton of drama concerning members of our group and some people outside and I guess that's the thing that brought my best friend and I closer together.
Of course, by the last night we all the drama had been gone and it was merely the sad idea that camp was over and we all had to leave.
... and usually me being the least emotional person, I was the first to let it out, and the one who cried the most.

I can say that all 8 (Ana, Edoardo, Tori, Bex, Aaron, Catherine and Yasmine who will probably never read this) of my friends that I met at NYFA are definitely the best friends I've ever had in the world but out of all of them, I was the closest with Gabe to the point where he was the big brother I never had.
Unfortunately I haven't seen Gabe or any of my other friends from camp since I left on August 11th and it honestly is the most killing feeling not seeing your best friends in the world for such a long period of time. We have a group chat on whatsapp and sometimes I get either zero or hundreds of messages on my phone when I wake up every morning and although I don't talk to most of the group at a regular basis, Gabe and I are either facebooking, messaging or oovooing every day as if we've known each other longer than we have. The thing that sucks about being an international camp is that now we all live so far away from each other... and now I'm currently saving every dollar I have on another trip to America next year so I can see all my best friends again.

The tl;dr version: Met 8 others at camp who eventually became my new best friends however I became the closest to one particular guy in my new group of friends. Haven't seen him since I left camp since he's all the way in Brazil but we talk everyday and I miss him and our other friends like crazy ;-;

Katholic Nun
September 24th, 2012, 01:53 AM
My best offline friend's name is Lauren. We last hung out when we went out for lunch yesterday. She doesn't have as much time for me anymore since she started her new job as a security guard which has stupidly long shifts, so I think I'm going to need to come up with a different game plan. Start auditioning new best friends.

Anna
September 24th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I don't really have a best friend. More like a few really close friends. Although I don't know if they reciprocate that feeling because it's not a thing that ever gets talked about but yeah.

Um three of them are brothers that I've known for like five years. I last hung out with the younger two yesterday because there was a pizza party thing at Hanna's (the only girl I consider a close friend) house for youth group and we ate pizza and played in a field and it was good fun. The oldest- who is also my ex-boyfriend lol- I haven't properly seen in a while because he's like four hours away but we did video chat a few weeks ago.

We're all pretty close. We met in youth group and we've all just stuck together for the last five years or so. It's really nice and I love them.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM
For me it's James who I met in my first year of high school, basically been like a brother to me for 5 years now and thankfully we're not sick of each other yet.

Sora
September 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
There's someone I've considered a best friend for a good nine years now. However, we don't really speak much so I sometime wonder if we can still classify ourselves as such. However, whenever I'm in doubt she says somewhere I am her best friend so ... who knows.

Anyways, her name is Alyssa and she used to live across the street from me. When she did we would hang out allll the time. Alas, that isn't the case anymore and right now she's up in New York with her girlfriend so ... yeah. Kind of hard to hang out with her when she's several states away. Maybe I should text her sometime at least.

voltianqueen
September 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
My best friend of 8 years is Alex. I met him at school in computer class when he asked me why I was wearing a Pokemon shirt. "Because I can" was my reply -_- And that was the beginning of our friendship! But yeah Pokemon was kinda the thing that brought us together, and we were both happy for that since it was like impossible to find other people at school who liked it (or at least would admit to liking it). People always used to ask us if we were going out..like, constantly. Even if I was dating another person :I People just assumed so because we were always together, I guess.

I made other friends through school also, but Alex has always been there consistently. He's at college now, but luckily he's only an hour away, so I'll be seeing him in a couple weeks when he goes on break.

Jak
September 25th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I don't have an offline best friend, really. I guess if I had to pick someone, it'd be my boyfriend. We hang out almost every day and play games or just watch random sitcoms on tv. We're a bit boring, but that's okay haha. lol this is so weird to answer without talking about my actual best friend. :( WHICH IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, IT'S KLIPPY!