View Full Version : Favorite Bug Starter?

September 23rd, 2012, 2:11 PM
bug starters come after normal and flying starters, but which is your favorite?

September 23rd, 2012, 2:56 PM
sewaddle leavany has good stats and the dual type bug grass is nice

September 23rd, 2012, 4:49 PM
sewaddle cuz it evolves to leavanny and leavanny learns leaf blade and can deal some pretty good damage

September 23rd, 2012, 4:49 PM
Um....Where is the Venipede family? Scolipede is awesome and powerful. But then again so is Butterfree. It is a tie.

September 23rd, 2012, 5:15 PM
Spinarak, Ariados is just appealing to me. It's like a ninja Pokemon in the anime, it's so quick lol.

Xander Olivieri
September 23rd, 2012, 5:20 PM
I wouldn't call anything thats not handed out by a Pokemon Professor a Starter. They may be the first Pokemon you can encounter, but that hardly qualifies them as a Starter.

You also did miss a few early bugs though. Kricketot comes way before Burmy's line and I've had way more use with Kricketot and Kricketune than I have with Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim, and as Jellyfan said, you missed Venipede for B/W who is pretty much Gen 5's weedle just way more epic.

September 24th, 2012, 8:16 AM
Easily Burmy - Mothim, which I used on Diamond :D

Second would definitely be Dustox - I have a thing for moth pokés lol.

September 24th, 2012, 9:47 AM
Like the others said above, you forgot about the Kricketot and Venipede lines. You see Kricketot before Burmy and Venipede is basically Weedle's Unova counterpart.

If the Venipede line was on the poll, I would've voted for it. But I'll just go with the Weedle line because of how cool Beedrill looks and how swarms of them chase down whoever disturbs them in the show.

Ephemeral Euphoria
September 24th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I'd go with the Spinarak line since that family's been a personal favorite of mine design wise since I was a kid.

Kikaito plush
September 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Weedle line for me as it is actually usable later in the journey ingame.

September 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I went with the Caterpie -> Butterfree line. Butterfree is one of the few Pokemon that I've had the patience to level up to 100 (and definitely the only Bug Pokemon). It was also the leader of my HeartGold team, and I loved that with CompoundEyes, Sleep Powder's accuracy was 97.5%- which made capturing other Pokemon a heck of a lot easier.

September 24th, 2012, 4:21 PM
I picked the Sewaddle line cos the final evo, Leavanny learns good attacks including X-Scissor and Leaf Blade.

Shining Raichu
September 26th, 2012, 4:52 PM
I had a bit of trouble deciding between the first five options, honestly haha.

In the end though, I decided I couldn't go past Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree, and here's why. My first game was Red Version, where the Viridian Forest had Weedles coming out of every orifice in your body but there was hardly a Caterpie in sight. So I wandered around Viridian Forest for what seemed like hours, trying to find both a Pikachu and a Caterpie since I wanted them both for my adventure.

Then when I finally came across a Caterpie, it was the best feeling ever and ever since then I've always associated those feelings with Caterpie. Also, I love Butterfree's powers much more than Beedrill's, I find they came in handy much more throughout the game.