PDA

View Full Version : [Discussion] There are many like it, but this one is mine!

twistedpuppy
September 29th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Through our endless struggle to "catch'em all", we come across a Pokémon that we simply cannot part with. Either because we worked so hard to breed/train it, or we bargained our way to win the ultimate prize. Do you have a Trophy Pokémon you value more than others in your collection? If so, how did you come across it? If you've yet to come across it, what kind of Pokémon would you like to add to your trophy case?

I've never really had a Trophy Pokémon, besides an event Mew I RNG'd. It's so cute and pink. I would always keep it in my party. I think I've only traded once before, but I have a really crappy memory. Idk. However, there is one mon out there that I would keep locked away forever, if it ever became available, and that is a wild Celebi. Not hacked of course.

Wiilio
September 30th, 2012, 06:10 PM
My shiny Garchomp, hands down. It was a completely random catch, when I was making the transition from shiny hunting to competitive battling. I caught it in a Premier Ball, and it turned out to be Jolly with a IV of 31 in Speed. I caught it on August 1st of 2007, and I've kept it ever since. I love that thing. It's the only Pokemon I'd never consider releasing.

Plumpyfoof
October 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
My IV bred Scizor, 31, 30, 20, 8, 22, 31 with an Adamant nature. Took 6 hours to breed and I love him :3

Griffinbane
October 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM
My Surfing Pikachu that's still in my Crystal version...that is, if the battery didn't die. OH GAWD DEFEATING MASTER CUP ROUND 2 WAS TERRIBLE. I ultimately won using Mewtwo, and a Dnite that used nothing but Wrap. Oh, and Pikachu but it was useless. Yeah. /shudder

Alli
October 1st, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have a trophy case in my trade shop where I list some stuff, but I think my favorite is the shiny Umbreon I RNGd. Took me forever to evolve as well and it was one of my first RNGs. I love it. :3 Also love my shiny Dive Ball Petilil. I think it has HP Fire. AWWWW YEAH! I miss RNGing guyz. :(

Griffinbane
October 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM
We miss you too. Come back. :(

johnny18
October 6th, 2012, 08:40 PM
My trophy mons are listed in my shop. Most of them are legends I tried to catch in dive ball. The rest are for some special occasions :)

~RNC~
October 6th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I have been working for this one for quiet awhile, it is a shiny adamant squirtle with 31's across the board, I don't think I will ever trade it!!

Squirrel
October 21st, 2012, 05:12 PM
For me it's my first ever RNGed Pokémon that I caught myself, a shiny female Drifloon named Floony with 31/30/31/31/31/31 IVs and the Unburden ability. Mac can vouch for me on how long it took me to finally obtain Floony so it's not a Pokémon I'd ever part with, she means far too much to me for that! I obtained a fair few boxes full of RNGed Pokémon after that but none of them are really special to me; I just kind of see them as trade items now. D:

Pink Mommy
October 25th, 2012, 12:15 AM
For me it would be my Azumarill.
What's special about it? You may wonder.
After all, it's a common pokemon. The stats aren't exactly outstanding and STILL, I love her.
Ever since Emerald, I've traveled with a female Azumarill on my party. Her name is always Nina, always. And I love her more than I'll ever love any starter.
When I got my Diamond game, I hatched a perfect natured Nina and migrated her so she could be with me always.
I also need to have a male Gardevoir with me in any version where it's possible. Not shiny or anything, jsut a Gardevoir.
I'm currently working on getting Gen V because I really, really, REALLY want a Gothitelle.

Mudinjakarp
October 26th, 2012, 08:44 PM
My charizard, definitely. From Leafgreen. I cleared the whole game just with him... until the Elite Four :P. Even though I ruined my entire storyline until years later when I finally beat the Elite Four (Elite Five, really) by intricate planning and complete luck, I don't regret one bit sweeping all of the gym leaders with a lvl. 79 charizard

Naruto200
November 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
My first evee in pokemon black 2 :) I evolved them into a flarion and I still have him in my pc when I need him. I keep returning to that one area where Eevee appears in the wild cause I want to make a side team (for online battles) of all the eevee evolutions.

So if anyone wants to help me with that, I need stones, I have Vaporeon and Flarion and I do have a thunder stone.

Gandan
November 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I need stones, I have Vaporeon and Flarion and I do have a thunder stone.
Sounds like you've already covered all the stone related Eeveelutions.

On topic, there are 2: My Swampert (my first Pokemon ever, and otherwise is pretty unremarkable)
And my shiny Magmar (yes...seriously haven't gotten around to evolving him yet...). I remember finding him at about 6:00 A.M. on September 11, 2012. I was in the White Forest, and I was going to just pass through to transfer some 'Mons, and I decided to cut through the grass to save some time, and BAM. Shiny Magby. First shiny I ever caught (aside from Red Gyarados, but who cares about that one?)

Snork
November 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM
My Umbreon, got him way back in Goldenrod City from Bill? and was on my team throughtout Johto and Kanto. Now playing BW2 and I use still use him in competitive play and battlesubway/tournaments. Doesn't have perfect IV's but they're really high for a non-bred pokemon. I eventually re-did his EV's and he's saved m team from deafeat soo many times against fully EV/IV bred teams.

Necrum
November 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I rejoined the Pokemon world when HeartGold Came out. And I was determined to obtain my favorite Pokemon of all time: Tyranitar. GameFreak had the good sense to add Larvitar to the new Safari Zone. After a little work, I finally caught one. I quickly added her to my party and proceeded to train her like crazy.

She was a truly a titan by the time she evolved. And with her I was able to defeat the Elite Four. I later discovered, upon finding Pokecheck, that I had been lucky enough to catch one with a 31 Attack Stat! Luck was truly on my side. She now stands as the only Pokemon I've trained to level 100.

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=1597339

madela3352
November 13th, 2012, 04:44 PM
I have two. Back when Silver and Gold had just come out I had finally trained my Zapdos to level 100. Took me forever. At the time I always considered it my best pkmn accomplishment. one day i let my younger brother play and he wanted to change his team... he released my zapdos.... then after that i moved onto Silver and got a Heracross. I don't think I let that pokemon leave my party. Ever. He was there until my GBA finally broke... I've caught other of both but its never been the same.

jimmefoxx
November 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM
heh heh my shroomish and groudon from pokemon ruby just because well groudon is my favourite legendary and theyre both my oldest and only ruby pokemon from the actual game ya digg

Pinta77
November 15th, 2012, 07:14 AM
My trophy Pokemon used to be my Mewtwo, and it is still is very important. It was my first level 100 and it was the best pokemon I ever had. But my Ho-oh from Colosseum took the place as my prize pokemon once it reached level 100. It's just a little bit better =/

SummerSkies
November 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
My Trophy Pokémon would be my Staraptor, my Pidgeot, and my Altaria that have perfect natures. They are some of my only Pokemon that I had leveled up to level 100. The three Pokemon make a perfect mono-type, flying-type, three Pokemon team in my opinion. I first bred them in my Pearl game before I lost Pearl. I managed to transfer them to my White game before I lost my Pearl game.

Absol
November 21st, 2012, 11:49 AM
The most valuable Pokemon to me that I own, is my very first RNG'd shiny; an Eevee of course. I evolved it into an Espeon and I now use it in my team for singles. :)

Naruto200
November 22nd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Okay I have my ultimate secondary team of pokemon :3 you know, not for competitive usage, but just for fun online battles :D

Leafeon = Hanagami
Flareon = Moegami
Vaporeon = Nuregami
Jolteon = Gekegami
Espeon = Nichigami
Umbrion = Yumigami (by the way, I have two cause I accidentally evolved my free eevee from the after game into one. I'm raising that one cause it evolved at a much lower level and is unable to flinch. If you want a level 70 Umbri call me *wink*)
Glaceon: Going to name it Itagami :3

I have always wanted to complete the Eeveelution line, and now I have, legitly I might add. Also, can someone pm me about this 'shiny hunting' I probably will never part with my Eevee family, and I hope I can make my final Eevee(who will stay an Eevee ) a shiny somehow.

Okay I have my ultimate secondary team of pokemon :3 you know, not for competitive usage, but just for fun online battles :D

Leafeon = Hanagami
Flareon = Moegami
Vaporeon = Nuregami
Jolteon = Gekegami
Espeon = Nichigami
Umbrion = Yumigami (by the way, I have two cause I accidentally evolved my free eevee from the after game into one. I'm raising that one cause it evolved at a much lower level and is unable to flinch. If you want a level 70 Umbri call me *wink*)
Glaceon: Going to name it Itagami :3

I have always wanted to complete the Eeveelution line, and now I have, legitly I might add. Also, can someone pm me about this 'shiny hunting' I probably will never part with my Eevee family, and I hope I can make my final Eevee(who will stay an Eevee ) a shiny somehow.

Griffinbane
November 23rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Just thought I'd leave this here: http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=2759179

There's a couple of others that I'm really proud of but they have to stay secret for now. :)

xXAndrewXx
December 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Hmm, there's actually a couple that i would feel that way about, the most recent being my scyther. I caught it IN THE WILD with IV's of 31,30,26,14,5,31 Adamant, and with technician :) The only others would be my shiny milotic, it took me 4 days just to find the f*#$n square to get any feebas, and the 312th feebas i caught was shiny (yes, i counted, and it took me another 3 days to find the shiny one) but still, i imagine some people have looked for shiny feebas for over a month and didn't find one. The last one would be the only other shiny I ever found, i used the nugget bridge glitch to get mew in the original Red version, then when i traded it to Crystal it was blue, then my mom decided to play (she used to help me grind levels when i'd get bored, she's actually beaten the E4 several times LMAO.) and was like "oh, the data must be glitched, you got a diseased mew, better release it before it corrupts your game. Luckily i snatched it from her before she forced my baby to harikari itself, unfortunately not fast enough for me to keep from having heart palpitations for 10 minutes.

이큐리
December 6th, 2012, 12:03 PM
My favorite pokémon ever that I have is my first successful 4th gen IV RNG. A shiny male modest Eevee with HP Electric. :3 It's not that great competitive wise anymore with gen 5, but it will always be my favorite.

Shiny_Eevee4453
December 6th, 2012, 06:08 PM
My trophy pokemon is my Typhlosion! I <3 her... :DDD

何贤豪
December 8th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Well, this thing is pretty great in my eyes...my Shiny Mudkip...it has three great stuffs...it's female (which is rare for starter Pokemon)...it's Adamant (a good nature for it, considering its physical attacks are the ones that are the best)...and it's got some 30/31 IVs. But there's a downside, still...the Attack stat doesn't get all the rainbows -- its IV? 5. It's still being traded around, but it's a pretty good Pokemon, because I only RNG abused it for shininess, I just took the chance to associate the Mudkip into the shiny frame that has these stuffs. Those IVs are just luck...so it's awesome that it gets such an array of IVs. I think it's got three good IVs or something...
Something that would be more awesome? I dunno, but maybe my first B2 RNG abuse project -- a flawless Adamant Zekrom. The plan is to catch it in an Ultra Ball...formerly, the plan was to catch it in a Dusk Ball, but Dragonspiral Tower's not classified as a cave. :( And I won't use the Luxury Ball...my plan's to mix aesthetics and utility.

SoulSilver10112
December 10th, 2012, 03:03 PM
My Luxray Tira. I got her in a trade, and she's been with me since I was playing my brother's game, until now, where she's in my Soulsilver game.

johnnycrow
December 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
My shiny male Mightyena named Goldie I had in Ruby. It was the first pokemon I caught in the game and stayed on my team till the end of the game. It stayed on my team through the whole game and was even on my party when I faced the elit four. You know one of those pokemon where when you send it out to battle you trust it and have no worries it's going to fail? That was Goldie to me. My brother killed Goldie one day when he spilled water on my game and erased the game. The funny thing was I had no idea what a shiny was till later.

Dragonmage
December 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM
My Blastoise named Shellshocker. He's followed me from Firered, to White 2.

skyluigi2
December 16th, 2012, 02:48 AM
My Snorlax and Chimecho.
These two just make such a great team... I love them. :)

Blaze the Cat
December 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
My first ever event Pokemon was a Wi-Fi Mew on HeartGold. It's my absolute favorite of the bunch, and although I am not a big fan of Mews, that one is my best pal :t151:

Wandering~Leaf
December 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM
My Infernape, that was literally my first Pokemon. It's been with me ever since Diamond...

Not only that, but I'm quite proud of it. Disregarding that it's nature sucks, and it's stats are average, it did extremely well on defeating the Elite Four. I wasn't well acquainted with all of the moves yet, and had never thought of making him learn "flamethrower"...I blasted away Aaron's bug team with just Ember. :P

PikachuAddict
December 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM
My level 98 Samurott in Black 2. When I finally get it to lvl 100, it'll be the first time I've done that. I totally pwned the E4 with just him at Lvl 80.

Kloun
January 4th, 2013, 08:16 PM
My lv 83 shiny sceptile. I got him as a mystery egg from my friend. He's been on my team since Diamond.

RyukyuCajun
January 8th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Gotta be my shiny WiFi event Hydregion and local event Zoroark both I got while living in japan is really go nits for a pikachu in my white 2 though ><

My first ever event Pokemon was a Wi-Fi Mew on HeartGold. It's my absolute favorite of the bunch, and although I am not a big fan of Mews, that one is my best pal :t151:

My heart gold with new was stolen from my box of stuff shipped back from japan :( was so looking forward to having him join my team in white

holdmykidney
January 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I got a Shiny Event Eevee with Iron Tail from the Video Game Championships. It's about the only Event Pokemon I've ever received and it is a memory of a really special and unexpectedly fun day! It's a Flareon now, but I still keep it in my latest version.

roosterman
February 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
My Infernape, that was literally my first Pokemon. It's been with me ever since Diamond...

Not only that, but I'm quite proud of it. Disregarding that it's nature sucks, and it's stats are average, it did extremely well on defeating the Elite Four. I wasn't well acquainted with all of the moves yet, and had never thought of making him learn "flamethrower"...I blasted away Aaron's bug team with just Ember. :P

same with me but mine was torterra. i named him twiggy. i tend to be attached to my in game teams. i still can't part with tack the staraptor even though his stats are pretty bad.