PDA

View Full Version : Do you/did you have sleepovers?

Talli
September 30th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Just wondering if you guys ever had a sleepover were you were younger ?
if so Do you still have them and how often did you/do have them ?

as for me I never had one or my daughter never gets a chance to have one. I say not having one is't the end of the world now is it. Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.

So Did you guys have sleepovers ?

Axeliira
September 30th, 2012, 12:34 AM
My first sleepover was with two other friends. We were all in the 2nd grade (or 3rd? can't remember lol) at the time, and I asked my parents permission to have one for a weekend and they were both okay with it. We danced, had pillow fights and stayed up till like.. 2 am. We even ate a ton of Pizza too. That's probably the only night I ate too much Pizza. haha.

Another sleepover was in the 6th grade, same two friends...only this time we involved too much school gossip and makeovers. We pulled two allnighters that weekend, and we went out to the movies. I think this sleepover was much better and more fun than the one when I was 7. haha.

ShinyUmbreon189
September 30th, 2012, 12:55 AM
I had lots when I was in school but now if I have a sleep over it's cos we partied and can't drive home xD

Sodom
September 30th, 2012, 04:02 AM
Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.

Uh, what? That is so silly I can't even begin to describe it! I predominantly had sleepovers from age 13. 13-17 were my big sleepover years. I never had them as a kid, only in high school when we discovered that we simply couldn't fit enough video gaming into one day.

Hikamaru
September 30th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I've had a sleepover at someone's house, but I was too young to remember it back then.

I don't do sleepovers anymore due to homesickness.

Antemortem
September 30th, 2012, 05:18 AM
only in high school when we discovered that we simply couldn't fit enough video gaming into one day.
Abso-freakinglutely! I had sleepovers all the time from 13-15 and still do sometimes for different things. They're not at all an immature event - just another way to hang out with friends.

GolurkIsDaBomb
September 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Abso-freakinglutely! I had sleepovers all the time from 13-15 and still do sometimes for different things. They're not at all an immature event - just another way to hang out with friends.

Yeah, exactly this. I don't remember having a whole lot of sleep overs when I was younger, but ever since middle school I have them somewhat frequently with some close friends of mine. So yes, I still have sleepovers. XD

Kura
September 30th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Nope! I was never allowed to have sleepovers besides from a very very few times with my cousins when I was a kid.

Claire*
September 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Had them all the time when I was younger! I used to drive my dad up a wall, because we would keep waking him up with our laughing. Ahh...good times... <3

Toshiro.
September 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Never with friends, but with cousins I have had a lot through the years.

Are there Oceans in Space?
September 30th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I had sleepovers all the time throughout junior high and high school. Now sleepovers are kinda hard with small dorms and stuff. Not to mention they pretty much consist of people passing out after partying lol.

ZetaZaku
September 30th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Did it in elementary school and I do it now too. But mostly since my friend is in another city, so I can't go home right away and vice versa, since it's a waste. Nothing better than watching movies and playing games the whole night.

Boomburst
September 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I don't really think that I will ever have any kind of sleepover, as I find it hard to sleep in different beds.

TwilightBlade
September 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Uhh... I never had a sleepover with a couple of friends. Then again, I've only been to some 10 different houses in my life lol?

After 30 minutes of 'convincing' my mom that I'll be safe sleeping over at my older BROTHER'S house, I spent the night there. I had to sleep on the couch. Guhhhh. On the bright side, we stayed up playing old school video games, woke up and made breakfast, and then went to the beach.

Sammi
September 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I could probably count the amount of sleepovers I had during my school days on one hand. I was not a sleepover person. Back then I was even worse about wanting to sleep in my own house and in my own bed. Sleepovers sucked. D:

droomph
September 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I've had sleepovers, but not anymore since we all make a huge ruckus whenever I'm around :P

Demon.
September 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Im actually having one right now. Im on here and playing Sapphire, while he plays Saints Row the third.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 1st, 2012, 09:27 AM
I spent my entire summer 7th grade sleeping over my best friend's house. I probably went home once, maybe twice, during that vacation.

After that, I think I had probably one or two sleep overs before the end of 8th grade and then that was the end of my sleepover life.

Ryanna Jameson
October 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Sleepovers... yeah. With cousins mostly and youth group things until actually a little over a year ago when my friends and I started doing Doctor Who parties at my house every month or so. We've caught up on Doctor Who but now we've moved on to AtLA and have a massive list of prospective things to watch. So yeah, nineteen and not stopping with sleepovers. It's just a nice way to hang out with friends and have an excuse to watch TV/make a terrible mess out of the kitchen/not actually sleep at all.

lmao @ >13 being too old for sleepovers.

awolfsquared
October 1st, 2012, 08:55 PM
I only had one real sleepover with a friend all my life. It was at my friend Amy's house when I was in first grade. All I remember is us swinging with her on her porch swing though.
My family would sleepover at my cousin's house on Christmas Eve from when I was 13-19, next sure if we're doing it this year.

Brendino
October 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM
I remember going to my friend's birthday party for a sleepover for his 9th and 10th birthdays, and I had 2 or three more with one of my friends in middle school. I've also had probably a dozen sleepovers with my cousin, ranging from about the time I was 7 up until once earlier this year. Although now that I think about it, many of those were pulling all-nighters, so they might have been better described as sleeplessovers.

Alinthea
October 3rd, 2012, 04:16 AM
Yeh, I did have a couple and went to my friends houses, but I didn't do them very often... not really sure why, I just never did.

Sora
October 3rd, 2012, 11:45 AM
I don't see what's wrong with people spending the night at eachother's house when they're past thirteen haha. Just don't call it a 'sleepover' if you think the term is kiddish.

Anyways, I used to spend the night at my friend's house all the time. It was usually my best friend's house but occasionally i would spend the night at another friend's house as well. These days though it's typically during Convention times when we need to stay in one house to make traveling easier.

Though I didn't always like sleepovers/spending the night. First time I had one I cried even though I was only across the street. Quickly got used to it though.

SinisterEternity
October 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
... Anyway I say sleepovers only until 13 then clearly your too old for one.

I don't see why it should end at 13 xD
I had many sleepovers, especially when I was around 14-17 and now being 18, I'd gladly have some others with my friends :D
....I also may have forgotten my DS that had my Black copy in it at my friend's house, which makes me really sad ;^;
But sleepovers are still fun <3

voltianqueen
October 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
I only really slept over at my grandparents' house with my cousin, that or my cousin would come stay at my house (sometimes for weeks in the summer). These days I only sleep over at my grandmother's for New Year's Eve.

I've only had a couple sleepovers besides that. One was in second grade, when I went to my friend Shelby's house. I remember that one especially because we went to the beach the next morning and tiny me got bowled over by a wave and woke up underwater :(

Then, for my birthday this year, my friend Amanda ended up sleeping over at my house for the first time. We watched anime all night and ate summer sausage for breakfast (at 4pm) :P I hope we do it again soon, I haven't seen her lately.

This past July my best friend Alex slept over for the first time also. We always wanted to sleep at each other's houses, but we never really did because of the "boys can't sleep over" thing, but now that we're old our parents said we could. We're having another one in a couple weeks when he comes home from college!

Now...my sister, on the other hand, has sleepovers a lot for her birthday, and since I'm friends with her friends, it's just a huge party!

TRIFORCE89
October 3rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
As a little kid the opportunity never came up. Always seemed like more of a girl activity, so no boys I knew ever tried to set up a sleep over

Cosmotone8
October 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
I never had sleepovers. Just hung out at my friends house until midnight or so then I'd have my parents pick me up, lol

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
October 4th, 2012, 03:08 AM
I had sleepovers, heck I still have plenty of sleepovers! So much fun pillow fighting and watching movies and eating lollies all night! I know I'm immature now stop laughing and go away:P

Razer302
October 4th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I never really had any when I was younger and I wouldn't really call them sleepovers now as we tend not to sleep and just pull all nighters playing various video games.

Avishka
October 4th, 2012, 06:21 AM
never had sleepovers! :( :(
my freinds and i planned some but our parents didn't allow. :( :(

Mr Cat Dog
October 8th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I think I went to one when I was about 5-or-6, but my memory of that time is hazy at best and non-existent at worst. I can definitely remember refusing to have one of my own whenever my parents brought up the possibility. Something about them just seemed kinda weird to 6-year-old me. Why would you want to spend time out of your bed in a house that's not yours? Stuff like that went through my head a lot as a child! :D

Sector
October 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
My best friend stayed the night here several times, but we stayed up till about 7-9AM in the morning playing Mario Kart Wii online, Brawl, Mario Party 9 or simply just board games & Uno lolol. Some movies are played as well, heck, my friend & I even played to watch all night of Anime on TV someday but we're always busy playing some games x)

I have lots of nieces & nephews, 27 of them to be exact, the older nephews stayed the night here quite often on the weekends, bringing their PS3 & stuff. So if they count, yeah, I always have sleepovers like twice a month x) Of course I have a second bed in my room for anyone who stays a night..so no one would have to walk to the living couch to sleep, unless if they wanted to x)

Wateria
October 8th, 2012, 12:05 PM
I have never been allowed to have sleepovers, but my niece comes for lots of them which I find totally unfair.

Mochi
October 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
When I was little I used to have them every month or two, but as I got older I kinda grew out of it.

Last sleepover I had was when my boyfriend stayed with me for a week, if that counts?

JayD
October 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I sleep over my cousins place sometimes. Mostly during the christmas holidays.
When I was small I used to sleep over my childhood friend's place. We used to play Halo, Diablo and Pokemon. Staying up late until 2am at that time was like ermergherd for me haha.

Hannah
October 9th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I almost had my first sleepover. That was, like, five years ago, and I'm only eleven.
My school was having this star-gazing event and we were to sleep in the school, but before my mom dropped me off, I changed my mind. I was like, "What was I thinking? I can't sleep without my mom." End of story.

LividZephyr
October 9th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I've never had a real sleepover, just cousins sleeping in my room when they were over visiting. We didn't stay up late, we didn't tell stories, and we didn't eat all kinds of treats. Normal day at the house, just with more people.

I've never been much of a social butterfly. It's unfortunate.

Crux
October 12th, 2012, 04:00 PM
I don't think a sleepover is childish,tis merely the gathering of friends for a night of mirth.

No,was never really allowed to/got the chance. :/

And i'm a bit of a wallflower now. -.-'

AChipOffTheOldBrock
October 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I went over to friends houses and spent the night at friends houses occasionaly when I was in elementary school and a lot more once I got into middle school. In High School we didnt really have sleepovers so much as go over to friends house, get drunk/high, pass out, wake up and go home. I dont think you ever get too old for sleepovers.

Guillermo
October 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Sleepovers were the greatest when I was a little kid, but it seems weird to be having them at 18 years old. Now I just venture out to parties and pass out in bushes, etc.

Fernbutter
January 11th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Yeah, I had a few, and would be glad to still have them, I mean, it is pretty neat.

Nauje
January 11th, 2014, 04:23 AM
I've had loads of sleepovers, friends and family, because they normally involved staying up all night playing video games or something like that, and I couldn't do that when I was home.

However nowadays I only sleepover whenever I go to a party since if I turned up home wasted my parents would not be happy.

Introvert
January 11th, 2014, 04:29 AM
The mods will probably lock this as it's been over a year since someone bumped this thread lol.

That being said I always wanted to go to a sleepover when I was younger but never got the chance to. Probably for the best in retrospect as I was a bed-wetter up until I turned 9 or 10 haha.

Sodom
January 11th, 2014, 05:02 AM
Guys please don't post in threads that have been dead for more than a month. It's just messy.

Locked.