PDA

View Full Version : [No Restrictions] Counter that 'mon!

wolf
October 3rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
The idea is to post a Pokémon that counters the other Pokémon that was posted above. Be sure to explain how it counters it and with damage calculations if needed. Please avoid posting Pokémon movesets that were used not very long ago, and try to post Pokémon movesets that are viable and make sense (but in some cases this doesn't need be followed). All posts are required to include a Pokémon moveset to prevent this from straying off-topic.

Definition of a counter: A Pokémon that can switch into the opposing Pokémon with little or no risk, and proceed to threaten a KO. Basically, a counter is the perfect switch-in to a Pokémon.

You can use the Guides & Resources thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287472) for finding movesets, sprites, damage calculators, etc.

This thread is exactly that the same as the NU version (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287338), but with absolutely no restrictions. This game/discussion doesn't follow a specific tier, so you are not restricted to posting Pokémon in a certain metagame. That means you can post anything, even Lugia, Moody Bibarel, and Garchomp for example.

To get this started...

http://i.imgur.com/NJQfu.gif
Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Timid nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Good luck, and try to be creative.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
October 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Ubers yay

LOL LEO (Arceus-Psychic) @ Mind Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Mewtwo is one of the hardest things to switch in, but arceus-psychic is one of its "safest" switch ins. Arceus can come in, tank a fire blast(27.7% - 32.7%), then life orb stall mewtwo with cm/recover. A +1 shadow ball also does 62.3% - 73.7%, a solid 2HKO or an OHKO after three rounds of life orb recoil. (or two if rocks are up)

wolf
October 3rd, 2012, 08:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nP0kN.gif
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

No need for explanation; Darkrai is immune to Arceus-Psychic's Judgement and is only 6HKOed by +1 Shadow Ball. Darkrai can then 2HKO Arceus in return with +2 Dark Pulse.

PlatinumDude
October 3rd, 2012, 08:26 PM
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/214.gif
Heracross
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge/Night Slash/Pursuit
-Sleep Talk
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts

Heracross hard-counters Darkrai. Not only does it hit Darkrai supereffectively with Megahorn/Close Combat and resist the Dark/Fighting combo, but it can also use Sleep Talk when it gets hit by Dark Void to have a 2/3 chance of screwing Darkrai over.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
October 6th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Qwilfish (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Was gonna use gliscor but i remembered to keep it "creative", so Qwilfish it is :]
Comes in, sponges even choice banded hits thanks to intimidate, then set up spikes or wear it down with waterfall.

PlatinumDude
October 6th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Qwilfish (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Was gonna use gliscor but i remembered to keep it "creative", so Qwilfish it is :]
Comes in, sponges even choice banded hits thanks to intimidate, then set up spikes or wear it down with waterfall.

It says Swift Swim as the ability, not Intimidate.

Anyway:
http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/034.gif
Nidoking
-Earth Power
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam
-Substitute/Stealth Rock
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

Despite possessing a weakness to Waterfall, Nidoking can hit Qwilfish at its weaker Special Defense with STAB Sheer Force Earth Power. It doesn't care much about Taunt and Thunder Wave either.

wolf
October 8th, 2012, 02:23 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/488.gif
Cresselia @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Reflect
- Toxic

Nidoking ain't got nothing on this gurl. Fire Blast only 4HKOes Cresselia, while she can 2HKO back with Ice Beam once Life Orb recoil and/or Stealth Rock damage is taken into account.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
October 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Porygon-Z @ Leftovers
Trait: Download
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Tri Attack
Porygon-z can come in on anything other than toxic, set up a sub, and start nasty plotting. The HP evs ensure that the sub is never broken by an ice beam, and a +3 dark pulse (+1 download + (+2)NP) will ohko cress

Griffinbane
October 8th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Probopass @ Life Orb
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 HP
Naughty Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earth Power
- Discharge / Thunder Wave

Can't find a damage calculator, too sleepy. Uh, switch in as Pory sets its Sub. Both of Pory's attacks are resisted by Probopass, even with boosts, so good luck getting through him. Rest to help tank damage (doubt it's necessary but oh well), Sleep Talk to maybe do damage, Earth Power for well, power. Discharge for 30% chance of Paralysis and 100% chance of damage, or Thunder Wave for 100% of Paralysis. It's slow as snails though so Discharge over Thunder Wave, personal preference.

CourageHound
October 11th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Fire Punch

Flygon can literaly come in on probopass' everything with its immunities and ko with 2 EQ's(due to sturdy)

shnen
October 15th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Tangela @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Spe / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
-Giga Drain
-HP Ice
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis
takes jack from all his attacks, even if it u-turns it can just switch out and heal itself fully with regen. Hp Ice kills if it comes to that, and it can also sleep on the switch

Sira420
October 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Infernape @chesto berry
252 ev special attack, 252 attack

flare blitz
closecombat
Rockslide
Shadowclaw/ trick.

Well the chesto berry for obvious reasons, and flareblitz = a 2hko. Trick could be use to screw over tangelas stratagy. But I'd rather jst watch it suffer as it engulfs in
Flames... And the last to jst for type coverage. Good offence but totally walled by milotic (._.)

PlatinumDude
October 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Infernape @chesto berry
252 ev special attack, 252 attack

flare blitz
closecombat
Rockslide
Shadowclaw/ trick.

Well the chesto berry for obvious reasons, and flareblitz = a 2hko. Trick could be use to screw over tangelas stratagy. But I'd rather jst watch it suffer as it engulfs in
Flames... And the last to jst for type coverage. Good offence but totally walled by milotic (._.)

Can't using Grass Knot or ThunderPunch help with the Milotic problem?

Anyway:
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/184.gif
Azumarill
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower
-Ice Punch/Double-Edge/Return
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power

Azumarill can switch in to Infernape's Flare Blitz and can either KO or severely damage Infernape with Aqua Jet, or, if Infernape switches, hit the switch-in with one of its coverage moves or STAB Waterfall.

Sira420
October 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I yeah but it leaves a wide entrance for psychic and flying types

Eelektross
Evs 126 in hp, 126 in defense, 126 in special defense. Which leaves 130 for secial attack
Item leftovers

Substitute
thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Acid spray

All of azumarills attacks will barely even dent this pokemon. Its defenses arr pretty bulky at 85/ 80/ 80ish
so substitude is put to good and a 105 base special attack make eelectross a force to be reconef with.
after one acid spray thunderbolt can easily ohko a very large number of pokemon. And with its leftovers going on every turn it will regain enough health to set another subtitude whenever the last one breaks. Very effevtive and very underestimated ^-^ oh did I mentioned it has no weaknesses!

CourageHound
October 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
http://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/main-sprites/black-white/485.png
Heatran
Nature: Calm
Trait: Flash Fire
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Protect
-Torment

Heatran can come on anything with his immunty to poison, benifiting from switching into flamethrower, and takes little damage from thunderbolt. Torment + Protect can be used to negate any damage. Toxic can be used if not behind a sub and lava plume for whittling Eeelectross down.

Syltti
October 19th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hmm..

Milotic
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 120HP/60DEF/252SPA/60DEF/18SPD (Yeah, hawt spread, I know)
-Rest
-Scald
-Aqua Ring
-Sleep Talk

That Heatran only has Lava Plume, which, if it burned Milotic, would boost its Def (not that it would matter, unless Marvel Scale's boost covers special attacks too). Start with Aqua Ring for double HP regen per turn, hit with Scald while waiting for a burn from Lava Plume or Toxic, Rest, then Sleep Talk and pray for Scald. (Not entirely sure if Sleep Talk uses only offensive moves, or if it covers all of the other moves.)

PlatinumDude
October 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Jellicent
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/593.gif
-Water Spout
-Surf/Hydro Pump/Scald
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain
Nature: Modest
EVs: 172 HP/252 SAtk/84 Spe
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb

Scald is Milotic's sole offensive move, so Jellicent can switch in freely and either hit Milotic hard with Giga Drain or hit the next switch-in with one of its STABs.

wolf
October 19th, 2012, 01:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TtkIF.gif
Empoleon @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Yawn
- Protect

The mighty Empoleon only takes around 31% damage from Jellicent's Water Spout. Empoleon can then retaliate by attacking with Grass Knot (3HKO) or putting Jellicent to sleep.

(Not entirely sure if Sleep Talk uses only offensive moves, or if it covers all of the other moves.)
Sleep Talk can choose status moves as well, even Rest (but it will fail).

All of azumarills attacks will barely even dent this pokemon (Eelektross).
CB Azumarill's Waterfall deals around 79% damage to the Eelektross listed. That's close to a OHKO if Eelektross is weakened prior to the match up. Eelektross far from being a counter to CB Azumarill.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
October 19th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Virizion @ Lum Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

It can come in on any move, not fear the burn or sleep thanks to the Lum, and set up a SD. CC ohkos at +2, while taunt can shut down the yawn+protect process.

CourageHound
October 19th, 2012, 02:41 PM
<3

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/169.gif

Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Super Fang/Toxic (idk, doesnt really matter tho)

Basicly, switch in taking 1/4 dmg from both attacks and brave bird for that x4 dmg

Sira420
October 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Dialga @life orb
power gem
Aura sphere
Magnet rise
Dragon pulse

Not much explainig to be done, go in stone edge, OHKO crobat. If a groundon comes on, I jst use magnet rise

CourageHound
October 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/080.gif
Slowbro @ Leftovers
248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
~ Calm Mind
~ Scald
~ Slack Off
~ Psyshock

Switch in, slack off, find some calm mind boosts here and there, and let the life orb recoil to the job for you.

Syltti
October 20th, 2012, 04:02 PM
http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/gallade.gif
Gallade @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 160 HP/ 252 Atk/ 98 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Leaf Blade
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat

Expect a Scald for a random burn and cover it with a Lum Berry, Bulk Up once, pray for no additional burns, and Leaf Blade.

CourageHound
October 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/398.gif
Staraptor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adament
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Double Edge
- Close Combat

Switch in on the bulk up or leaf blade then KO with Brave Bird. The intimidate atk drop deserves a special mention.

Syltti
October 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/306.gif
Aggron @ (whichever berry weakens Fighting moves ^^; /derpmoment)
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 184 HP/ 252 Atk/ 74 Def
-Heavy Slam
-Hone Claws
-Head Smash
-Stealth Rock

Switch in to setup one Hone Claws for the accuracy boost, and shoot for a Head Smash. Could also go for a Zoom Lens to skip the Hone Claws altogether.

CourageHound
October 20th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/ 180 Def/ 72 SpD
~Recover
~Earthquake
~Curse
~Waterfall

Switch in with that handy double restiance to rock and steel, ignoring you attack boosts. Heal, get a curse here and there and proceed to KO after you're done being greedy with curse boosts.

Syltti
October 21st, 2012, 05:41 AM
http://www.pokecheck.org/i/anim/549.gif
Lilligant @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: (My Lilligant's EVs are too spread, but basically HP/SpAtk/Spd)
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Petal Dance

Switch in and pray the sash activates (provided you get a 1HKO). Shoot for Sleep Powder and, if it lands, try to get at least two Quiver Dances in. End it with Giga Drain.

Crescend
October 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110501030124/pokemon/images/9/91/Zebstrika_BW.gif
Zebstrika @ Air balloon
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
- Flame charge
- Wild charge
- Thrash / frustration
- pursuit

Perfect counter, sap sipper counters all 3 of lilligants moves and turns them into attack buffs. Not too fussed about quiver dance either, because it boosts Sp.Def and zebstrika is all about physical.

CourageHound
October 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
I would bring Quagsire out again for another round but since hes already been countered, instead I'll go with;

Seismitoad @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA/ 126 Spe/ 130 HP
~Hydro Pump
~Rain Dance
~Earth Power
~Sludge Wave

Switch in, on a resisted attack, rain dance then proced to sweep

PlatinumDude
October 21st, 2012, 08:45 PM
Cradily
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/346.gif
-Stealth Rock
-Giga Drain
-Recover
-Hidden Power (Rock/Ground/Fire)
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Ability: Storm Drain

Cradily turns Seismitoad's Hydro Pumps into Special Attack boosts courtesy of Storm Drain and doesn't take much from its other moves, even though being poisoned by Sludge Wave could be annoying. It also hits Seismitoad with a 4x super-effective with Giga Drain.

Sira420
October 22nd, 2012, 10:45 AM
For Cradilly I'll use one obvious pokemon ^-^

Lucario
@life orb
Sword dance
Drain punch
Iron tail
Extreme speed

Lucario can come in on stealth rick with ease. His typing als helps because steel resist grass and rock., and fighting resists rock.... Well on the offensive side jst one sword dance will escalate his attack to nearly 700. So drain punch could ohko or almost ohko cradily. Either way his hp will be restored ;D so if cradily kives I'll use another sword dance and the murder cradily. On to the next pokemon, a sword dance boosted extreme speed will either ohko or 2hko nearly any pokemon in the metagame. aside from pokemon like probopass and steelix but a drain punch calm them down. And drain punch punch here and there also cures life orb's recoil so have fun <(^-^)>

RandomTrainerWhoCould
November 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic

Ok I have to admit that toxic-stalling gliscor is pretty ***, but it's so good. It can come in on virtually any move (Adamant max attack iron tail does less than half) and outspeed even jolly/naive/hasty max speed lucarios with my ev spread and always ohko with EQ. So even if it SD's on the switch, it's fine. Toxic orb also heals the damage it might've done with iron tail

Forever
November 3rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Swanna @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive
- Surf
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Earthquake can't touch it, and since it doesn't roost it won't be affected by it at all. With Hydration it can either stall out Gliscor's Toxic through setting up Rain Dance then proceeding to use rain-boosted Surf on Gliscor or just Surf without bothering to stall out Toxic, or just outright Ice Beam it (included Ice Beam because the set seemed to cater towards NU with Cryogonal - which isn't there anymore, sooo). n_n

Fire Flyy
November 3rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
40 HP/136 SpAtk/252 SpDef/80 Spe
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Volt Switch
-Thunder Wave
-Ice Beam

Lanturn is an adorable pkmn and Swanna can't really do much to it, thanks to the investment in SpDef, the calm nature, and the fact that it resists all of Lanturn's attacks. If Swanna stays in on Lanturn then it gets OHKO'd by Volt Switch. If it switches then momentum goes back to the player using Lanturn.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
November 4th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Swanna @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive
- Surf
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Earthquake can't touch it, and since it doesn't roost it won't be affected by it at all. With Hydration it can either stall out Gliscor's Toxic through setting up Rain Dance then proceeding to use rain-boosted Surf on Gliscor or just Surf without bothering to stall out Toxic, or just outright Ice Beam it (included Ice Beam because the set seemed to cater towards NU with Cryogonal - which isn't there anymore, sooo). n_n

If Gliscor nabs a sub on the switch to swanna, it can actually LO stall swanna, switching between protect and substitute. Substitute has 16 PP, and LO inflicts 10% recoil every time. Believe it or not, Gliscor can actually win the match-up because swanna doesnt have roost. Although it requires really good prediction(something i obviously don't have xD), gliscor actually beats swanna one-on-one if it has a sub up.

But hey,

Hairy Mama (Hariyama) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch/Filler
- Bulk Up/Filler

Easily comes in on any of Lanturn's attacks thanks to guts and gigantic Hp stat. A non-guts-boosted EQ has a good chance of knocking it out, while a guts-boosted one is a sure ohko.

PlatinumDude
November 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Gengar
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/094.gif
-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk252 Spe
Item: Black Sludge

Gengar can switch in to anything Hariyama does, except for Ice Punch. If Hariyama didn't use Ice Punch on the switch, Gengar can set up a Sub as Hariyama switches out, or, for some reason, uses Ice Punch to break it. Gengar then uses Disable to disable Ice Punch, leaving Hariyama absolutely helpless against it, as Gengar is immune to Earthquake and Close Combat (why you'd use EQ alongside CC is beyond me, as both have redundant coverage).

RandomTrainerWhoCould
November 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Protect

Walls SubDisable gar to no end. As shadow ball does 21.3% - 25.2%, vaporeon can just heal itself with with and protect. It also carries two attacking moves, of which ice beam does a minimum of 35.9%, it can just keep attacking gengar until it dies

Syltti
November 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Force Palm

So long as Vaporeon doesn't use Ice Beam, switch in to take a Scald and pray for no burns. Use Spore until (provided you defend with Protect) Vaporeon is asleep, Bulk Up once (or twice if you're feeling lucky), then go for a Seed Bomb. Should be enough to one-shot Vaporeon.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
November 11th, 2012, 08:42 PM
ooh techyloom :]

Crobat (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 SDef / 136 Spd
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost/Rest
- Super Fang

The most underrated Pokemon in UU.

It can burn its chesto berry by coming in on spore, outspeed, and ohko it with brave bird

11wildy
November 25th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Rhydon@Eviolite
Lightningrod
252atk/252spdef/4def
Stone edge
Earthquake
Megahorn
Aqua tail

Come in on anything, kill with Stone edge.

Roub
November 26th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Milotic@Focus sash
Marvel scale
Nature (idk the one that boosts defense and lowers special attack)
Evs 252def/252spd/4hp
Aqua tail
Aqua ring
Recover
Hydro pump (filler)

Switch into anything (maybe not megahorn) and tank it and if not focus sash will leave with one health, Set up aqua ring, or recover depending on damage taken and just spam aqua tail

PlatinumDude
November 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Milotic@Focus sash
Marvel scale
Nature (idk the one that boosts defense and lowers special attack)
Evs 252def/252spd/4hp
Aqua tail
Aqua ring
Recover
Hydro pump (filler)

Switch into anything (maybe not megahorn) and tank it and if not focus sash will leave with one health, Set up aqua ring, or recover depending on damage taken and just spam aqua tail

Impish you mean. Also, why would you use an Impish Milotic? ._. Milotic is best at special attacking; its physical Attack isn't that good. Also, it's bulky enough that it doesn't need Focus Sash. Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald >>>>>>>>>>>> Aqua Tail.

Anyway:

Kingdra
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/230.gif
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
EVs: 40 HP/224 Atk/16 Def/228 Spe
Ability: Swift Swim

Kingdra 4x resists Milotic's STAB and can easily use it as setup fodder for Sub + DD (given the lack of Dragon Pulse or Ice Beam, this shouldn't be hard), then proceed to wreck it with STAB Outrage.

BlueZoroark
November 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Ferrothorn @ leftovers
iron barbs
Nature:relaxed
Ev's: 252 def 252 HP 4 Atk
Stealth Rock
Leech Seed
Gyro Ball
Power Whip
Use leech seed, time for rocks if needed, whittle hp down with power whip, and eventually gyro after multiple DD's. Easily resists kingdra's moves.

Fairy
November 30th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Keepin this thread goin

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/462.gif

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Magnet Pull
Timid Nature [+Speed; -Attack]
152 HP / 180 Special Attack / 176 Speed
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam

I see no Shed Shell on your Ferrothorn, so that's why I chose Magnezone. Am I splitting hairs? Yes.

Magnezone, sporting the aforementioned set, really becomes annoying. Ferrothorn has a lot to fear from HP Fire and the potential boost in Special Attack with Charge Beam. Plus, with the raised HP investment, Ferrothorn's Power Whip won't break the Substitute.

Pryze
November 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Please do, I enjoy this thread. Moving on:

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/260.gif
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
Ev's: 252 Atk / 240 Hp / 16 Def
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stealth Rock / Roar

Swampert, being immune to the Electric move, easily tanking HP Fire, while breaking any sub Magnezone attempts to go for. Rocks for the switch that Magnezone will obviously make.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
November 30th, 2012, 11:08 PM
@Pryze is your name referencing Pryce the Johto gym leader? He was such a BADASS in the anime, and is my favorite gym leader :]

Tangrowth (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

As the premier physical wall in RU and possessing more physical bulk than skarm, even a super effective ice punch does 24.8% - 29.2%. It can then OHKO with STAB power whip coming from a base 100 attack, or predict the switch to *insert pokemon here* and go for HP fire, doing nice damage with its base 110 SpA. Yes, it has more special attack than Celebi. And if those options aren't your cup of tea, you can also go for leech seed or knock off on the switch, severely crippling down pokes you'd expect to switch into tangrowth

Fairy
December 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Keep this thing going!

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/006.gif
Charizard @ Leftovers
Solar Power
Timid [+Speed; -Attack]
4 Defense / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam

Charizard would do relatively well at exploiting Tangrowth's underdeveloped Special Defense stat and because your particular set doesn't include Sleep Powder, it would have a pretty easy time switching in too. Charizard Fire Blast vs. Tangrowth : 147.52% - 174.25% OHKO not including Sun boost.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
December 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Keep this thing going!

:]

Flareon (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Last Resort
- Curse
- Wish
- Protect

This flareon... what to say. Air slash does 32.6% - 38.9%, and less if Tangrowth managed to pull off a leech seed on the switch+ Lefties recovery. Unless Airslash either gets a crit and flinches, or flinches me twice in a row(it is going to happen), it can just Curse up and WishProtect for recovery. Last resort is a 130 BP move that only works if you have used all other moves beforehand, and at +1, it deals 72.4% - 85.2% damage, enough to KO if you have three turns of solar power recoil+ three turns of leech seed.

Forever
December 5th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Not sure why Flareon is STABless, I mean Flame Charge isn't exactly bad and it could make up the speed lost in Curse while Charizard dies, and I thought we were talking about counters on their own, not with support from the previous Pokemon mentioned :( But nevertheless I will reply!

Chandelure @ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Flareon can literally do nothing to it, as Last Resort doesn't hit it, it can Curse all it likes and it'll be set up on with Calm Mind to Shadow Ball it, or hit a switch in ~

11wildy
December 5th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Flareon@Choice band
252atk/252 HP/4 sp def Careful
Flash fire
-Bite
-Flame Charge
-Frustration
-Dig

High sp def, can kill with Bite :p

Forever
December 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Flareon@Choice band
252atk/252 HP/4 sp def Careful
Flash fire
-Bite
-Flame Charge
-Frustration
-Dig

High sp def, can kill with Bite :p

That's not really that viable though, considering Dig is usually a terrible move to use competitively due to the opponent being able to switch and gain an advantage (and Bite generally isn't really used on many things). You're also encouraged not to repeat mons, especially not ones used two posts back. :(

I'm aware this is a repeat but it's a different set and hasn't been used since October so it's okay!!

Heatran @ Air Balloon
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

It resists Frustration and Bite (and doesn't take much damage), can't be hurt by Dig and can just keep attacking with Earth Power which 2HKO's that Flareon. Plus it's switching into Bite according to your post which only does around 15% damage.

Fairy
December 5th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Heatran @ Air Balloon
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/423-east.gif
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Storm Drain
Sassy [+Special Defense; -Speed]
252 HP / 4 Special Attack / 252 Special Defense
- Earthquake
- Scald / Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Heatran, even with HP [Grass], isn't going to be dealing any significant damage to this guy. And without Toxic to threaten it, Gastrodon has even less to fear. It might not be landing anything resembling a OHKO (2HKO with Scald and SR damage at best), but Gastrodon will counter Heatran up and down.

Forever
December 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/423-east.gif
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Storm Drain
Sassy [+Special Defense; -Speed]
252 HP / 4 Special Attack / 252 Special Defense
- Earthquake
- Scald / Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Heatran, even with HP [Grass], isn't going to be dealing any significant damage to this guy. And without Toxic to threaten it, Gastrodon has even less to fear. It might not be landing anything resembling a OHKO (2HKO with Scald and SR damage at best), but Gastrodon will counter Heatran up and down.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Articuno can avoid EQ if it stalls out Gastrodon's attacks with Pressure, it can Toxic Gastrodon so it dies slowly, and can heal itself from getting Burned or Poisoned, and is barely hurt by Scald and Ice Beam thanks to its high SDef, all without really needing to make use of Roost, which'd make it vulnerable to EQ.

PlatinumDude
December 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Aggron
http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/306.gif
-Head Smash
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch/Aqua Tail/Superpower
EVs: 116 HP/252 Atk/140 Spe
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head

Aggron doesn't care about what Articuno does to it, as it resists Ice Beam and is immune to Toxic and can OHKO Articuno with Head Smash.

RandomTrainerWhoCould
December 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Holy crap this thread is active

Not sure why Flareon is STABless, I mean Flame Charge isn't exactly bad and it could make up the speed lost in Curse while Charizard dies, and I thought we were talking about counters on their own, not with support from the previous Pokemon mentioned :(

I have last resort because it is powerful and flareon's fire stabs all suck. Flame charge isn't really that great because it is weak and the raised speed doesn't really help that much because it is already slow as hell. 

Even without seeds, flareon still makes a decent charizard "counter" because of its high spd. I can just wish, and n the next turn, curse up and receive the wish.

Poliwrath@leftovers
Max HP/max defense Relaxed nature
Water absorb
Circle throw
Scald
Rest
Sleep talk
Comes in on any move(cb eq isn't a 2hko) and either scald for a lot of damage and possible burn or circle throw predicting the switch.

Forever
December 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Poliwrath@leftovers
Max HP/max defense Relaxed nature
Water absorb
Circle throw
Scald
Rest
Sleep talk
Comes in on any move(cb eq isn't a 2hko) and either scald for a lot of damage and possible burn or circle throw predicting the switch.

This was used before but it's a different set.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

It avoids being scalded with Water Absorb, can not be hit by Cirle Throw thanks to its typing, can Taunt Poliwrath so it can't even go to sleep to remove status, and then just Toxic it and stall it out.

CourageHound
December 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Cross Chop
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

Switch in fearing nothing, except a minor taunt. If not taunted set up a Swords Dance on the switch then wreak havok on opposing team

Forever
December 5th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Skarmory @ Leftovers
252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird / Taunt

It's barely hurt by the attacks due to the good physical defense and as long as it doesn't roost it can easily kill Toxicroak with Brave Bird and roost away the damage in the next turn once the frog is ded.

Fairy
December 6th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Skarmory @ Leftovers
252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird / Taunt

It's barely hurt by the attacks due to the good physical defense and as long as it doesn't roost it can easily kill Toxicroak with Brave Bird and roost away the damage in the next turn once the frog is ded.

I've already done Magnezone soooooo

http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/145.gif
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Pressure
Timid [+Speed; -Attack]
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Zapdos has an immunity to Spikes, access to Roost, and a good, strong STAB in Thunderbolt. That's about it lol