PDA

View Full Version : I lied.

Noah Ridgewood
October 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Recall a lie you recently told someone and share it with us. Please provide the context.

Kura
October 7th, 2012, 04:38 AM
"Sorry I didn't call yesterday, Mom, I fell asleep."

.. Not entirely false. I completely forgot, did fall asleep, and when I woke up said "Oh crap."

Squirrel
October 7th, 2012, 06:02 AM
I lied to my flatmates last night saying I'd be staying in because I was ill when actually I was going out with some other friends and didn't want to hurt their feelings, but I just ended up telling them because I felt bad for lying and we all went out together :p Also now I am actually ill so maybe that's karma >.>

Cosmotone8
October 7th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Hmm...Last lie I told was "Yes, I think that you guys are going to win your game this week." I had been talking with some friends about AMERICAN football, and I knew that they were going to get blown out. xD

Honest
October 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
"You're fat"

To my best friend, who was asking if he was fat. He's not fat, but he's got some poundage down there.

Are there Oceans in Space?
October 7th, 2012, 10:24 AM
My roommate made some weird chicken dish for dinner a little while ago. She rarely cooks, so I don't know if she knew what she was actually doing. As with anyone's cooking, I usually say it's good regardless of how it actually tastes. This dish was pretty bad, not going to lie, well except to her.

Shining Raichu
October 8th, 2012, 06:28 AM
I told my mother that I had a jacket in my car.

She always hounds me to take a jacket wherever I go because she's cold and therefore I must be cold too. So in order to avoid going to the trouble of actually taking a jacket I just tell her I have one in the car because I know I'm not going to need one.

Guillermo
October 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM
I told my mother that I had a jacket in my car.

She always hounds me to take a jacket wherever I go because she's cold and therefore I must be cold too. So in order to avoid going to the trouble of actually taking a jacket I just tell her I have one in the car because I know I'm not going to need one.
One day you're going to need a jacket, and then you're screwed.

I told dad that I'd finished my assignments so I could go out.

Crux
October 8th, 2012, 07:22 PM
"Did you have a good day?" (In reference to my birthday)
"Yeah" :<

I was going to edit this post,but I can't think of any other lies... -.-" :x

Hannah
October 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM
"I didn't forget." 'Tis is the lie which I say to my friends when I forget their birthdays.

Osiris
October 9th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I regularly take the bus, so I have a monthly bus pass where you have to scratch a certain spot on it to validate it. The bus driver today told me I had to scratch it off right there or he'd kick me off the bus. I said that I didn't know that I had to scratch something off, when in reality I just flat out forgot to do it at the start of the month.

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 02:29 PM
My parents don't know how often I lie to them. I'm good at convincing myself that something is "true" and thus can keep a straight face to them. I lie about my bedtime, I will occasionally exaggerate my pain or how much work I did... mostly just to get them out of my hair. I'm an adult, I can set my own lifestyle even if I can't afford to pay for it yet.

...which is true.